HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, good. I'm glad he's had company."
"Heh. I fed Leslie icecream earlier. He's probably on a sugar rush and driving Grandpa crazy!" Phil jokes which makes Piper chuckle momentarily before she turns to her other passenger.
"What's the matter, Flash? I can feel you shaking."

~~~~
"Ah, thank you. So you're not actually a grey, fluffy mouse then?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"It's nothing. Just... I've never been to an animal clinic before. I don't know what to expect. Also, I normally try to avoid being seen. I'm going to be out in the open with Deus too far away to lend a hand if something happens. Please tell me I'm not going to be stuck with needles or prodded at."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip chuckled as Leslie put her down on a coffee table and resumed checking the bookcase - from the top. "Well, not usually this dusty," Chip confirmed, patting herself down and removing rabbit hairs half her length from her coat. "I'm very thankful you didn't have a roomba, sir."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kilo arched an eye ridge. "Do you need needling, young Flash? Perhaps to discover the source of your speed, hmm?" He laughed to himself. "I doubt they will have the time to waste, Flash. You shall be fine."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"whatever" Nadia sighed "not like i have any saying in this"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"If you say so..." Flash responded to Kilo, still nervous.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah. They'll be busy with Flynn and me. They won't bother you."
"You can hide in my pocket if it makes you more comfortable, Flash." Phil offers.
"As to what to expect, it's really not scary. The front is just like a pet shop but with less merchandise and more seating. You won't have to go out the back at all. But if you do it's just a room with a table to sit on and a bench with a few bits and bobs. The important thing to remember is that everything there is to help. But if there's anything you want to know or to ask about before we get there, now's your chance."

~~~~
"Oh? Why's that? You'd have been cleaner if I did. What's all this you're wearing, by the way?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd have probably got sucked up," Chip explained before realising she was still wearing her 'suit'. "Oh, this? It's something Pepper made to stop me inhaling dust. Not bad, is it? Of course then she got called away..."

Leslie was still looking through the bookcase. However, unlike earlier, he was now upside down and coming down.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"whatever" Nadia sighed "not like i have any saying in this"

The coppers just want to make sure your ok, and build there case against the bad guys.
We can trade, i'll go have the tests done at the clinic, an you can fill out all the paperwork they want from me..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah. They'll be busy with Flynn and me. They won't bother you."
"You can hide in my pocket if it makes you more comfortable, Flash." Phil offers.
"As to what to expect, it's really not scary. The front is just like a pet shop but with less merchandise and more seating. You won't have to go out the back at all. But if you do it's just a room with a table to sit on and a bench with a few bits and bobs. The important thing to remember is that everything there is to help. But if there's anything you want to know or to ask about before we get there, now's your chance."
"I... might take you up on that offer sir." Flash said.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Wait. Who's Pepper?" Richard queries, looking lost before something in his peripheral vision catches his eye.
"Leslie! What are you doing? You could pull the whole shelf down on top of yourself!" he exclaims, hurrying to grab the kitten.

~~~~
As the car pulls up at the clinic Phil transfers his wallet from his breast to his back pocket.
"I assume you'd prefer not to be sat on." he quips, holding out a hand to the mouse. Once the rodent is safely ensconced Phil takes Piper's paw and leads her into the clinic along with the police officer.

The policewoman introduces herself at the reception desk and the receptionist acknowledges that she's called ahead and heads out the back to inform Sam.

Suddenly there's a shout and flurry of motion from Piper.
"Lucky!"
"Piper! Y-you're okay!" the buck grins, catching and cuddling his girlfriend.
"Bruised and shaken but okay. But what happened to your arm? Did you get shot too?" the do queries, looking at the bandage on Lucky's arm.
"N-no. I'm fine. I gave some blood. Apparently another rabbit needed it and we were compatible. They didn't tell me who it was for though and I didn't ask. Wait. Not Flynn?"
"Flynn." Piper confirms. "Kilo knows more. I was still locked up."
"Hi, Piper." Sam says, appearing. "Come on through."
"Will you wait here for me, Lucky?"
"Of course."
"Thanks. See you soon. Love you." Piper hugs and kisses Lucky and passes Kilo to him before following Samantha to the back with the cop. Lucky stands watching her go, taken slightly by surprise by the kiss.

No sooner has the door shut behind Piper than Joan and John arrive and head straight to the reception desk, politely yet tersely ask for information on Flynn.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"She was the K9 cop watching ov...whoa..." Chip spun around as Richard dashed to grab Leslie.
"I waz balancd," Leslie protested as he was lifted clear and down.
"Leslie...," Chip warned.
"Sorree, Mistur Richard," Leslie said, his ears down in humiliation. At his first chance he mouthed "I waz!' at Chip.
-------------------------------------------------------
"If I were bigger, dear Lucky, I would hug you," Kilo said with an actual smile at seeing a safe, friendly, face. "It really has been that sort of day." He sighed as John and Joan arrived. "You should take me over to them, my little brother. I do not think I wish to tell this tale twice more today."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash poked his head out of Phil's pocket and addressed Lucky. "You... gave blood to Flynn? How exactly does that work?" He knew a lot about humans and the odd things they were capable of, but normally when something looses blood it goes all over the place and it can't be put back. He didn't know much about medical practices.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh. Okay... Who are you calling little though?" the buck quips, carrying Kilo to where Joan and John are having a quiet discussion with a nurse.

~~~~
"Basically, Flash, they put a needle into the vein in Lucky's arm that's connected to a tube so the blood runs into a special plastic bag with a chemical to stop it clotting. Then when the bag is full they take the needle out of Lucky and put a fresh needle and tube from the bag into Flynn but they hold the bag up high so that the blood flows the other way, into him instead of out. That's as much as I know anyway." Phil explains. "I've given blood myself. There's a real need for it. They can store it for a month, I think, so it's good for people to give it so they have it on hand for other people when it's needed. They call it a blood bank. I don't know if there's a pet blood bank though..."

~~~~
"I know you were. You're a cat." Richard smiles, standing the kitten on the floor and squatting to talk to him properly. "But that shelf might not be. It's very heavy and it isn't bolted to the wall. I just didn't want you getting squashed, that's all. So if you want something from high up in future it's best to either ask a grown-up to help you or to stand on a ladder or a chair, okay? And one day you'll be grown up enough to reach things too! How does that sound, hey?" The old man queries, giving Leslie's ears a ruffle and a scritch.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You're not the first to make a joke like that today, Lucky," Kilo aid, almost managing a smile. He waited until there was a jumping in point in the humans' discussions before speaking up. "John, Joan," he said heavily. "I...I'm sorry. I failed you today and Flynn got hurt in part because I had the arrogant need to save someone today after what happened at the silo."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I forget fings aren't as seecure as me," Leslie purred.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Basically, Flash, they put a needle into the vein in Lucky's arm that's connected to a tube so the blood runs into a special plastic bag with a chemical to stop it clotting. Then when the bag is full they take the needle out of Lucky and put a fresh needle and tube from the bag into Flynn but they hold the bag up high so that the blood flows the other way, into him instead of out. That's as much as I know anyway." Phil explains. "I've given blood myself. There's a real need for it. They can store it for a month, I think, so it's good for people to give it so they have it on hand for other people when it's needed. They call it a blood bank. I don't know if there's a pet blood bank though..."
"That... ugh... I think I'm getting... dizzy..." His legs were wobbling. Suddenly, they gave out an he fell back into Phil's pocket. He had fainted.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:The ranger pets and hold her close still, scratching in behind her ears..
The way we do things is so that everyone have the best chance of coming home, uninjured as possiable.
Finnally letting the cougaress go..
Besides if i let something happen to you, kandi would maul me!
"True. She's the most mountain-lionish human I've met before. After she's done mailing you she'd... probably flay whatever was left of me if I did something stupid...". Senka nods, imagining a cougar version of Kandi. Scary...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:The ranger pets and hold her close still, scratching in behind her ears..
The way we do things is so that everyone have the best chance of coming home, uninjured as possiable.
Finnally letting the cougaress go..
Besides if i let something happen to you, kandi would maul me!
"True. She's the most mountain-lionish human I've met before. After she's done mailing you she'd... probably flay whatever was left of me if I did something stupid...". Senka nods, imagining a cougar version of Kandi. Scary...

Hey Senka! if you two are done talking shop, I could use your help getting this fox back to the clinic, before she escapes on me..
Kandi check to be sure the vixen hasn't bolted on her already..
An you Mr. Ranger sir.. stop putting the moves on my daughter!
she says with a wink..

Ranger Rick put his hands on his hips.
Were having an aboveboard professional chewing out, i wasn't putting... grinding to a stop.. then looking to Senka..
Did she just call you her daughter??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Kilo?"
"What on earth are you talking about?" Joan queries, taking the mouse from Lucky.

~~~~
"Flash? Are you okay? Flash?" Phil pulls the limp mouse from his pocket and pats his face lightly. He crosses to teh water cooler in the corner and splashes a few drips of cool water onto the mouse's head.
"Flash?"

~~~~
"Heh, don't worry. I forget things all the time too." Richard smiles, still scritching.
"So er... What were we saying before, Chip?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo sighed. "I should have tried to talk him out of it, Joan. We knew where she was. We'd called it in but..." He sighed again. "Flynn knew what might happen if we left it up to the people with guns to engage the people with guns. I think he trusted them more to shoot Nadia and Piper whilst trying to rescue them. I should have..." He gesticulated. "I should have tried to find the words to convince him other wise but, following the horror Nadia and I found at the silo this morning... Part of me believed bullets were not the answer and all of me needed to be saving SOMEONE today. So we tried a plan. A young Mouse we'd met called Flash went inside to check on Piper whilst I distracted the human outside long enough for Senka to attack.
That. That worked well but the gun was poorly maintained. It dropped to the floor and fired. That's the bullet that hit Flynn. He should not have been there and it was luck that Flash and I were able to deal with the remaining human inside after he was alerted by the shot and prepared to...
" Kilo caught himself and glanced over at Piper. "..escape."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Chip said pleasantly, "it was either food - always a good subject - or the vacancy for a couple of shop mice? You'll never lose anything under the sideboards again!"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash woke up quickly in response to the water. "ugh... What just happened?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Fortunately Piper hasn't heard Kilo's words before the door to the consulting room shuts behind her.
"No." John shakes his head. "Kilo, don't blame yourself. This was NOT your fault."
"John's right. Besides, your plan worked, didn't it? No one was killed. That's the main thing. The nurse here says Flynn should be just fine. Besides, knowing him, he'd have gone in even if you had tried to talk him out of it. He's stubborn and brave like that." Joan wisely doesn't mention the possibility of nerve damage to Kilo.
"Yeah. I don't know what you saw at the silo or what happened there but the fact is you DID save someone. Several someones, in fact. A shootout in a confined space like that would have been a disaster and a hostage situation would have been just as bad. You should be proud of yourself, Kilo. You're a hero."

~~~~
"You passed out, Flash. Are you okay? Do I need to get the vet to see you?"

~~~~
"Hmm. You know, I wager that with paws as small as yours you'd be good at repairing clockworks." Richard muses. "And being able to climb under sideboards or into locked cabinets could definitely be helpful."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank... thank you for that, my friends," Kilo said. "Oh," he added, spirit lifted but still feeling his age, "The silo was attacked last night by ferals. I have been told of survivors but... I can only confirm Juniper and two ferals."
At that point, Sally was heading past Richard, heading for a soda machine near the wall. A mouse popped up out of her hair. "I heard my name," Juniper said brightly.
"It's probably Nola cursing," Sally told her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And I don't think we appear on headcount," Chip added.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash shook his head. "I... I don't think so. It's just... the thought of the blood... and the... the needles..." He started feeling dizzy again. He thought it was probably best to stop talking at that moment.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, needles aren't that bad," Juniper told the mystery voice.
"It's OK for you," Sally said, selecting a soda and putting money in, "you never see them coming!"
"Hey," Juniper said in mock offence, "Only I'm allowed to make blind jokes!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash looked around for who was talking and saw Juniper. "Oh! umm, hi there! Uh, yeah. Needles are that bad to me... they're so big and... pointy and... oof." He had to pause again. "There isn't a safe place I can be stuck with a needle without it simply impaling me..."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That's why I'm really safe," Juniper replied in Flashes general direction, "they don't use them on us Mice!"
"Who are you talking to," Sally asked, looking around to see Flash. "Oh, hello. Another Mouse. should have guessed."
"Thought he was," Juniper said, looking down at her Human before looking in Flashes general direction. "It's the pitch."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yeah I don't know how I feel about calling you Mom...". Senka harrumphed, half-teasingly. "Mmh... from the shows on tee-vee the daughters are supposed to argue and be confrontational about this kind of stuff". The cougar put on a straight face and looped her arms around Ranger Rick's. "You can't say who's allowed who puts the moves on me. Or something like that...".

After holding the pose for a good few seconds she let go. Gently punching Rick in the side before padding over to Kandi with an amused snort. "What do you need from me?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, you'd definitely be counted as staff." Richard assures Chip. "I'm more worried about where we'll pin your name badge." he quips.

~~~~
"Oh. I'm so sorry, Kilo!" Joan gently hugs Kilo to her chest, rubbing behind his ear with one finger.
"That's rough. I'm sorry, mate." John says.
After a few moments Joan pulls back again.
"Do you know those mice over there, Kilo?" she queries.

~~~~
"All right, Flash. I don't want you passing out again. Think of something nice instead, something mice like. Cheese, maybe." Phil suggests.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo just about managed to chuckle. "It seems Flash has met Juniper... and Juniper has found a human."
---------------------------------------------------------
"Sounds fun, sir. Err, weren't you headed out, I think?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'll have you know, I have a very deep and manly voice for someone two inches tall." Flash objected. "I can't eat cheese. It makes me feel sick." He said to Phil. "I'll take some oatmeal or fruit if you have it though."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You do actually, and it's quite nice. But I work with myears so it's hard to fool them," Juniper replied, still not looking at Flash until Sally positioned her correctly. "Thank you, Sally," she said, not really meaning it.
"Welcome, Juniper," Sally replied, not meaning it either. She opened her can and \juniper gripped her hair.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"Yeah I don't know how I feel about calling you Mom...". Senka harrumphed, half-teasingly. "Mmh... from the shows on tee-vee the daughters are supposed to argue and be confrontational about this kind of stuff".

lots of pets call there human parents Mom.. I supposed if they want to get grounded and confined in a kennel cage, they could act like that..
Roarin wrote:The cougar put on a straight face and looped her arms around Ranger Rick's. "You can't say who's allowed who puts the moves on me. Or something like that...".
The Ranger looks nervous.. Umm actually she can..
Roarin wrote:After holding the pose for a good few seconds she let go. Gently punching Rick in the side before padding over to Kandi with an amused snort. "What do you need from me?"

I need you to keep this vixen from running off before we can get her back to the clinic. So she can be examined, an then we can fill out tons of paper work, an thing finally get to out into the woods and running wild
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh, so you're Juniper? Kilo mentioned you. I'm Flash. It's nice to meet you!" Flash said, trying not to say anything about the silo.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, you know Kilo?"
"He did just say his name," Sally cut in. "Who's Kilo?"
"Old Mouse," Juniper remarked. "Very smart, doesn't think I know he's to my left with some older humans. He and a Fox found us this morning. Um, can you lower me to, um, the other guy?"
"No," Sally remarked, sipping her soda. "Hands are full. But he can go on my head if he likes?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yep. I met him earlier. We got to beat up some bad guys together!" He started climbing out of Phil's pocket. "If you don't mind me standing on your head, then I'll be right over." He jumped and landed on the floor with a roll. He got up and jogged over past Sally. He picked up speed and made a flying leap at the wall. He kicked off of the wall to get additional height and landed on Sally's head. "oof! Sorry. Hi there."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sally felt two thumps on her head. One when Flash landed and the other when Juniper fell over in surprise. "I'm gonna end up with a headache," she complained, more to Richard than anyone else.
"Ack!," Juniper said as she fell onto her bottom when the voice announced its' presence. "How'd you do that?"
"He jumped," Sally explained as Juniper got back up and reached out to take Flashes arm. "He's a Parkour type."
"Is that Human for show-off" Juniper asked, feeling her way along Flash and putting her other hand on his muzzle. "Nice muscles on his arm. Nice, sharp muzzle too." She blinked at him. "Sorry you wasted the showing off," she said with a chuckle.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Wasn't showing off... I just like running and jumping is all." He said, blushing slightly at her compliments. "It makes me feel healthy."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Teeth are a bit long," Juniper added after feeling them, "but you do feel quite a handsome type. So, you helped save... who was it? Peeper? With the Fox? Have you got scarred legs? I'll have to check."
"Oh, now you have to be kidding."
Juniper sighed. "I am. I am." She found Flashes ear and whispered. "Spoilsport, isn't she?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. So it seems. Um, do you want a drink or anything, Kilo?" Joan asks, sensing that the mouse is still upset. John, on the other hand, had been distracted again by the nurse and returns to conversing in a low voice about Flynn.

~~~~
"Heading out where?" Richard asks, confused.

~~~~
Phil leans against the wall and starts chatting to Lucky as the two mice become acquainted.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hm," Kilo mused. "Oh, just a little water please, Joan. After all, it does seem a waste to turn the kettle on for a thimble." He straightened up. "And what of you, standing all this time? You should take a seat, dear lady."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wasn't I hearing Miss Piper had been found or something," Chip asked. "Figured you'd be speeding to her, sir."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie