HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Deske »

Miguel shrugged, "Aside from the theater tour,
I haven't done much here. I'm always up for travelling though, even if I haven't had the opportunity to really do much of it."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis put a hand on hers. "I like it," he said. "I asked for it. Heh. Talk my ears off, Tegan. I like your voice."
Her ears blushed just slightly. "Well, I don't know...basically, again, this is one big showcase of what the future holds, and it keeps updating! But the real big thing is the Mars Project. Whoever gets in it first wins the grand prize. The positive feedback in all science industry will change the global economy. Your family better have a front seat...But enough about work.
"Another important part of this trip is collecting data and contacts to help changing politics toward animals, worldwide. Can you keep a secret?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis nodded solemnly. "I am pretty sure I can, Angel. What is it?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis nodded solemnly. "I am pretty sure I can, Angel. What is it?"
"The purpose of Apollo City was never to just cruise tourists across the world: in fact, the whole tourist industry does not relate well with a floating moloch like this.
"No, the purpose of Apollo City is to be the first floating, moving city where animals will be given full membership. Her final destination is a floating city in construction, New Harbor. It is being built in the Pacific Ocean, the first of many to make the seas the new safe territories for non human animals first. Apollo City will turn into nothing short than a...smuggling center to help our kind to be free. Well, those who want at least."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"A rhyme, my dear? Well, have no fear. I'm sure I can think something up. A rhyme, a verse, with words diverse, I'm sure I can make something up!" Makani recites, pretending to think.
"Yeah, they're bound to have a copy somewhere. This ship has everything."

~~~~~~~~
"Yes, that reminds me. How goes your work in the field of biosynthetic artificial intelligence and biomimicry, Helmut? Any major breakthroughs lately?"

~~~~~~~~
"So, Beta. Is it your bioengineering work or looking after Tom that takes up the bulk of your time?" Jo queries with a glint in her eye.

~~~~~~~~
"It is always good to travel and to broaden one's horizons. Is there anywhere in particular you wish to go or anything you particularly wish to see?"

~~~~~~~~
"Here we go. One Surf 'n' Turf and one Black and Blue Steak. Would you like any more bread or drinks?" Zoe says brightly, placing the steaming food on the table in front of the cats.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Beta grins. "Oh, it's definitely looking after Tom. That there is the real full time job."

"Oh, come on. I'm not that bad..." Beta looks at him and raises an eyebrow. "Yeah, who am I kidding. Yes I am." He smirks.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yes, that reminds me. How goes your work in the field of biosynthetic artificial intelligence and biomimicry, Helmut? Any major breakthroughs lately?"
"Doing fine. I'm under a ton of pressure, what with the Blue Mars Project: You see, among other obstacles in other departments, I have to deal with a daily, massive amount of radiation coming from the sun. Jemmy is a first step in the right direction -basically, his 'fur' can absorb energy and direct it to his batteries, but not constantly. I need to reach ASAP the levels of, say, Beta here, and make it so that the anidroids can both 'feed' all day and replenish extra energy packs that can be reutilized for other purposes. No matter how advanced any tech in space, without energy you're royally frigged.
"Plus, the bioneural nodes must be perfectly insulated from X-rays, gamma rays, and the such. So I am trying a new kind of gel to envelope the most sensitive components, but *still* there is the problem of heat accumulation: a porose material is vulnerable to radiation, but an overheated droid is a piece of junk. Argh!"

---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Here we go. One Surf 'n' Turf and one Black and Blue Steak. Would you like any more bread or drinks?" Zoe says brightly, placing the steaming food on the table in front of the cats.
"Bread, thank you. And make it so crunchy that I can sharpen my teeth with it."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you," Francis said, "but I shall be fine." He turned to Tegan. "Unless sharp teeth are a threat or promise for later?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you," Francis said, "but I shall be fine." He turned to Tegan. "Unless sharp teeth are a threat or promise for later?"
Her eyes gleamed wickedly as she said, "A promise, my dear, a promise..."
---
In the dining room, a bell announced the beginning of the service!
Inside, and in all other dining rooms, rows of tall tiger droid waiters in their jackets came carrying trays rich with plates. The service was quick and professional, each guest served according to the specifications given to the staff at registration.
The Captain stood up, lifting a glass. "Ladies and gentlemen, gentlefurs, welcome aboard the Apollo City! Please don't consider this adventure as any other cruise. I can assure you, this will be the trip of a lifetime. Many places we will see, many wonders we will behold as progress unfurls before your eyes in its many forms.
"But now enjoy your meal and do not hesitate to ask for a second,"
chuckles came from the audience. Then she sat down, the signal dinner could start!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

With as much anticipation Avery seemed to have for this meal, the canine seemed to wait for the majority of people to start eating, before digging into her own dish. Some sort of meat, beef based platter. She wasn't too versed in the ways of food, but all she knew was that each bite was delicious and succulent.
"Mmh! Oh right... I think they said something about there being a library here. Or at least, some digital record of books. I'll have to remember to do that tomorrow! Actually...". Taking out what appeared to be a small voice recorder from her collar, she pressed the red button. "Manaki, anthology." She followed that up with the date of tomorrow before putting the device back in her pocket.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"All right! Food!" Tom smiled as his rather large meal was served.
"Ooh, nice! This looks great!" Beta said as he was handed a somewhat smaller plate of food. "I wonder how many will think it's weird that you eat more than the giant tiger sitting next to you."
"Sorry. Can't hear you over the sound of sizzling steak."
-Champion Motto

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Niner soon returned after some time given to morgana so the cat could clean up and get used to her body once more. The fox checking the table of food he had left for her before looking for the cat herself in the room."morgana?" he called out curiously
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's an interesting question actually, Beta. To what extent do your photosynthetic abilities negate your need for eating? I imagine as you have no root system like plants do you'd still need a regular nutrient intake, right?" Jo queries, becoming curious.

~~~~~~~~
"Hmm. Have you tried a countercurrent heat exchange system embedded in the gel matrix, similar to that used to distribute heat in organic creatures?" Dan asks, his bioengineering history temporarily taking over from his business side. "You could even link it to a heat sink elsewhere for further heat dissipation. And as to Jemmy's potential, I'd happily lend you Tom and Beta, or you'd be welcome to work at our labs for a while so you can complete your studies."

~~~~~~~~
"Coming right up!" Zoe enthuses, heading to the kitchen and returning a few moments later with a fresh cob of bread, slightly more cooked than the previous one, also still warm from the oven. She places it on the table and collects the empty plate from the previous loaf before reminding the cats to call if they need anything else and heading back to the bar.

~~~~~~~~
"Makani, not Manaki. But close enough." the black cat grins as his food arrives. "Or you can call me Makka for short if that's easier. I don't mind." He sniffs his plate carefully as cats are wont to do before tucking in happily.
"Oooh. That beef is soooo tender! How did they do that?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Well, I do still need to eat for nutrients, but my calorie needs are significantly reduced." Beta replied. "If I'm totally stationary, I can theoretically go about a month without food. Especially if I'm getting some kind of nutrient supplement."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:With as much anticipation Avery seemed to have for this meal, the canine seemed to wait for the majority of people to start eating, before digging into her own dish. Some sort of meat, beef based platter. She wasn't too versed in the ways of food, but all she knew was that each bite was delicious and succulent.
"Mmh! Oh right... I think they said something about there being a library here. Or at least, some digital record of books. I'll have to remember to do that tomorrow! Actually...". Taking out what appeared to be a small voice recorder from her collar, she pressed the red button. "Manaki, anthology." She followed that up with the date of tomorrow before putting the device back in her pocket.
"Oh, yes!" said a golden retriever next to Avery. "And not only 'a library': They digitalized...well, everything! The Library of Congress is just a small shop in comparison. Every moment a new publication is arranged somewhere in the world, a digital copy is sent here. This place has created its own Wikipedia. The interface is so complex, you couldn't use a keyboard for a search, it's all VR and AR."
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner soon returned after some time given to morgana so the cat could clean up and get used to her body once more. The fox checking the table of food he had left for her before looking for the cat herself in the room."morgana?" he called out curiously
The cat emerged from the bathroom. Her fur was mostrly floofed up by the dry up. She smelled like Granny apples. "Well, you discovered my dirty little secret: I like water. And, ogods, I *needed* a nice bath." She caressed the cyborg fox's arm. "Thanks for the food, it was really appreciated."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Hmm. Have you tried a countercurrent heat exchange system embedded in the gel matrix, similar to that used to distribute heat in organic creatures?" Dan asks, his bioengineering history temporarily taking over from his business side. "You could even link it to a heat sink elsewhere for further heat dissipation. And as to Jemmy's potential, I'd happily lend you Tom and Beta, or you'd be welcome to work at our labs for a while so you can complete your studies."
Volken looked at Dan as if a man discovering an angel. "Embedded in the gel matrix...of course! At that point, I could use more than one heat sink, distributed all over the body!" The man ate up a hefty mouthful of chicken before saying, "I could marry you!"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Coming right up!" Zoe enthuses, heading to the kitchen and returning a few moments later with a fresh cob of bread, slightly more cooked than the previous one, also still warm from the oven. She places it on the table and collects the empty plate from the previous loaf before reminding the cats to call if they need anything else and heading back to the bar.
Tegan took some of the hot bread and happily crunched it with gusto. It was just hard enough to kill a human's teeth, but to her it was the closest thing to an edible toy--then she remembered where she was and blushed, slowly putting the bread down. She broke into a goofy smile, tongue sticking out. "Whoops, hehe!"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Makani, not Manaki. But close enough." the black cat grins as his food arrives. "Or you can call me Makka for short if that's easier. I don't mind." He sniffs his plate carefully as cats are wont to do before tucking in happily.
"Oooh. That beef is soooo tender! How did they do that?"
"That is why they made us fill those dietary forms," Flash said, eating from quite the juicy, raw beef steak. "Neomeat is literally customized with the right amount of fat and toughness while they grow it, so that each customer can have its own kind. No drugs, no hormones, no stress...this is protein in its purest state. You won't find any better than this."
Last edited by valerio on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis enjoyed his steak and cider as he pulled at it, mostly using a knife and fork. "How's yours, Tegan," he asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis enjoyed his steak and cider as he pulled at it, mostly using a knife and fork. "How's yours, Tegan," he asked.
"Simflyprrrfct!" she was answering while eating with the speed of an incinerator! She was giving truly a new meaning to the 'oven' word. When she was done -that is, less than half a minute later, she drank a couple of glasses, then punched her chest and let out a nice burp!
Then she facedesked. "I know, I'm horrible! I really wanted to make a good impression, but today I was lucky to grab a minibag of potato chips!" She mewed pitifully
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Makka it is!" Avery replies almost triumphantly, holding a fork with a piece of skewered on it in the air before munching on it. "Mmh, the consent to using nicknames is usually sign of depth in friendship. Maybe I should give you a nickname to use for me too... Ave... Averus... Avie...". The canine mumbled, in deep thought.

Until she was interrupted by the canine next to her.
"Whaaat?! Really? Wow... Such a large volume of reading material... Breeds the potential to learn almost anything! If you had the desire to... There much be so many psychology text books... and studies... and research papers!"

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How about AJ? Johansson starts with a J, right?" Makani suggests before the retriever breaks in.
"Heh. You know there are other things you can read about too, Avery." he jokes.
"What's your name, by the way, mate?" the cat asks the retriever. "I'm Makani and this is Avery."

~~~~~~~~
"Mmh. And I could marry whomever made this chicken! So good!" Dan answers. "So, would studying Beta help with your research into increasing energy absorption through fur? Or are you looking at a photovoltaic rather than photosynthetic system?

~~~~~~~~
"I mean, with nutrient supplements anyone can live for a long time. That's kind of what happens with people in comas. Do you think you could still last the month without nutrient supplements? And I wonder. Are you equally able to survive in oxygen and carbon dioxide rich atmospheres or do you prefer one or the other?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Beta didn't answer immediately. He and Tom had gotten into a breathing contest. Tom gave up after a minute, but Beta was still going strong six minutes later. Finally he spoke up. "I can do either, but I prefer Oxygen. I get a little slow when I need to survive on Carbon Dioxide."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"Makka it is!" Avery replies almost triumphantly, holding a fork with a piece of skewered on it in the air before munching on it. "Mmh, the consent to using nicknames is usually sign of depth in friendship. Maybe I should give you a nickname to use for me too... Ave... Averus... Avie...". The canine mumbled, in deep thought.
Until she was interrupted by the canine next to her.
"Whaaat?! Really? Wow... Such a large volume of reading material... Breeds the potential to learn almost anything! If you had the desire to... There much be so many psychology text books... and studies... and research papers!"
"All of it and more! This place is basically a big interdisciplinary school as well, and almost all families have signed up their kids to study here. Specialists and researchers will continue their work. So you got a job, I take it?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"How about AJ? Johansson starts with a J, right?" Makani suggests before the retriever breaks in.
"Heh. You know there are other things you can read about too, Avery." he jokes.
"What's your name, by the way, mate?" the cat asks the retriever. "I'm Makani and this is Avery."
"Flash," the dog said, ears low. "And yes, my owners are not really original with names."
"Hey, I'm Flash too!" the snow leopard said. "Like Flash Gordon. You too?"
The dog chuckles. "No. More like Flash Thompson: Da and Ma are Spider-Man buffs, and they already decided they will call their first kid J.J.J."
---
CyberDragon wrote:Beta didn't answer immediately. He and Tom had gotten into a breathing contest. Tom gave up after a minute, but Beta was still going strong six minutes later. Finally he spoke up. "I can do either, but I prefer Oxygen. I get a little slow when I need to survive on Carbon Dioxide."
"I was wondering, in fact," Volken said. "How does your organism manage the CO2 build-up? Your brain should turn into molasses after a while."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Well, when I get too much carbon dioxide in me, I start to go a bit dormant. My mind and body slow down a bit while the plant side of me conducts photosynthesis. The process of photosynthesis takes the carbon dioxide and water and recycles it back into glucose and Oxygen. So basically I go into a kind of torpor that reduces my oxygen needs to what the photosynthesis can provide until I can get to an area with more oxygen." He explains.
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"Well, when I get too much carbon dioxide in me, I start to go a bit dormant. My mind and body slow down a bit while the plant side of me conducts photosynthesis. The process of photosynthesis takes the carbon dioxide and water and recycles it back into glucose and Oxygen. So basically I go into a kind of torpor that reduces my oxygen needs to what the photosynthesis can provide until I can get to an area with more oxygen." He explains.
"Ah, this explains why your proof of concept wasn't selected for the Blue Mars Project: They cannot allow that part of the staff goes into a torpor during an emergency. Too bad, you're quite the fascinating idea."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Beta looked down and like he was about to cry. Tom on the other hand, looked furious.

"I'm sorry my friend's existence isn't perfect enough for your project." He snarked. "I guess there are only so many miracles of science to go around and Beta got ten instead of your requisite twelve."

"Tom..." Beta was tearing up.

"Tell me, sir, what IS going to be good enough? A plant-animal that never needs Oxygen and can survive completely functional on photosynthesis alone? Why not make it sneeze chocolate milk too, that's about the same level of possibility. Do you plan on everything being robots? Because the only emergency that would cause Beta to go into torpor is a total loss of oxygen or the sudden introduction of a Carbon Dioxide based atmosphere, and the only things that would even survive that are robots and people like Beta here." he was almost yelling at this point, yet trying not to make too much of a scene. Yet.

"Tom."

"And how dare you insult him like that? Is all he is an idea? Do you think he's just that? A failed idea? An experiment that didn't pan out? That his life, his existence is pointless now that he wasn't quite good enough for his 'purpose'? Is that what you think? Is that what everyone thinks? Am I the only one who sees him as an equal?" He was livid. Furious with the man that had insulted his friend and caused a grown tiger to cry. He was about to continue his rant when Beta embraced him in a bone-crushing hug.

"Thanks Tom." he said.
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:Beta looked down and like he was about to cry. Tom on the other hand, looked furious.
"I'm sorry my friend's existence isn't perfect enough for your project." He snarked. "I guess there are only so many miracles of science to go around and Beta got ten instead of your requisite twelve."
"Tom..." Beta was tearing up.
"Tell me, sir, what IS going to be good enough? A plant-animal that never needs Oxygen and can survive completely functional on photosynthesis alone? Why not make it sneeze chocolate milk too, that's about the same level of possibility. Do you plan on everything being robots? Because the only emergency that would cause Beta to go into torpor is a total loss of oxygen or the sudden introduction of a Carbon Dioxide based atmosphere, and the only things that would even survive that are robots and people like Beta here." he was almost yelling at this point, yet trying not to make too much of a scene. Yet.
"Tom."
"And how dare you insult him like that? Is all he is an idea? Do you think he's just that? A failed idea? An experiment that didn't pan out? That his life, his existence is pointless now that he wasn't quite good enough for his 'purpose'? Is that what you think? Is that what everyone thinks? Am I the only one who sees him as an equal?" He was livid. Furious with the man that had insulted his friend and caused a grown tiger to cry. He was about to continue his rant when Beta embraced him in a bone-crushing hug.
"Thanks Tom." he said.
Politely, Volken waited until he felt he could talk again.
"Mind me, Beta, Tom, in my own field of work, I must be as much detached as possible. *Every* single new idea is just that, a more or less living tool for something that goes far beyond my personal likes and dislikes.
"On Mars, a world whose atmosphere *is* a single layer of CO2 at a severe subzero temperature, a single, tiny accident in a delicate, strictly controlled environment requires immediate answer. Beta has a relevant advantage given his unique and fascinating nature, but once torpor sets in, his utility in a crisis becomes null. Do you remember that movie, "The Martian", when the decompression chamber exploded and blew half of the astronaut's shelter? That accident was caused by the simplest mistake, a defect in the production of the fabric, a defect that, use after use of the chamber, caused an explosive decompression. At that point, the sector is flooded with pure CO2. And if it happens at night, Beta would have even less energy stored to funcion at his best. Torpor sets in quite rapidly. And the only specimen who should fix things becomes useless.
"For this reason, robots are unanimously favored as support, while other chimeras are...guinea pigs. Yes, they are perfectly aware that they have been created for a single purpose, so that the best breed can be cloned until either we will be ready to terraform a whole planet -and that will take many generations, or we will have to concede to the impossibility of such a plan and extend the colonies to cover a global, radioactive desert.
"The Martians of the future will not be like you or I, Tom. They will be a whole different species, the Blue Mars Project must see to that.
"Again, in this context, a chimera like Beta will set the standard for when the new colonies will be a safer place, or even if the terraformation will work, since the new atmosphere will never be sufficiently thick to support human life as we know it, but as of now no. And I wasn't insulting him, nor his designers. I am simply stating a fact."
He sipped from a glass of low-alcohol wine.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux held his hand out to Nesse, the feline companion he had spent the last few days wining and dining. "So, my dear, that was another... fun night huh?" He asked with a twinkle in his eye. His light blue fur brushed softly against hers,as he held her at his side and winkled down, holding his horn. "But, I beleive there are places to be, eh?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yes sir!" Avery salutes the other canine, a piece of meat hanging from her maw before it disappears with a slurp. "I work at the clinic. Psychologist and therapy dog! Pleasure to meet you Flash! And Flash!" She quips.
"And I approve! AJ it is!" She nods. "I don't know, I've just been used to reading those my whole life. Though maybe I could afford to expand my breath of knowledge... Someone told me a about a science fiction book they liked! I never did get around to reading it.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:Roux held his hand out to Nesse, the feline companion he had spent the last few days wining and dining. "So, my dear, that was another... fun night huh?" He asked with a twinkle in his eye. His light blue fur brushed softly against hers,as he held her at his side and winkled down, holding his horn. "But, I beleive there are places to be, eh?"
Nesse stood up. She yawned and stretched in the most languid way possible. Then she went and took a brush and some scent-suppressant powder. "You are so right. Look at the time: the ship is going to depart soon, and we burned up a lot of calories. Care for some fine, but quick grubs? I want to be sure to admire the panorama when Apollo City leaves."
---
Roarin wrote:"Yes sir!" Avery salutes the other canine, a piece of meat hanging from her maw before it disappears with a slurp. "I work at the clinic. Psychologist and therapy dog! Pleasure to meet you Flash! And Flash!" She quips.
"And I approve! AJ it is!" She nods. "I don't know, I've just been used to reading those my whole life. Though maybe I could afford to expand my breath of knowledge... Someone told me a about a science fiction book they liked! I never did get around to reading it.
"Speaking of knowledge," Flash dog said, "How did you get to study? I mean, humans take many years to get any specialization, and you surely don't look like an old dog. No offense meant."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

valerio wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis enjoyed his steak and cider as he pulled at it, mostly using a knife and fork. "How's yours, Tegan," he asked.
"Simflyprrrfct!" she was answering while eating with the speed of an incinerator! She was giving truly a new meaning to the 'oven' word. When she was done -that is, less than half a minute later, she drank a couple of glasses, then punched her chest and let out a nice burp!
Then she facedesked. "I know, I'm horrible! I really wanted to make a good impression, but today I was lucky to grab a minibag of potato chips!" She mewed pitifully
"Oh, don't worry, sweet lady," Francis chuckled, "At least it proves you have an appetite! Most of the so-called ladies whose parents were interested in Dads finances? They couldn't eat anything."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux nodded and drew her into a light peck on the cheek, sitting up himself. "Yeah, that sounds good." He said, humming for a second before sitting up. "Any ideas where we should go? ...Oh, and maybe we should put on our collars." He grinned at her with a wink and went to go find his light leather and ivory collar.
Hotep the psychic

[quote="valerio"
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner soon returned after some time given to morgana so the cat could clean up and get used to her body once more. The fox checking the table of food he had left for her before looking for the cat herself in the room."morgana?" he called out curiously
The cat emerged from the bathroom. Her fur was mostrly floofed up by the dry up. She smelled like Granny apples. "Well, you discovered my dirty little secret: I like water. And, ogods, I *needed* a nice bath." She caressed the cyborg fox's arm. "Thanks for the food, it was really appreciated."
[/quote]

Niner seemed to freeze up at the cats action of carressing the foxs arm, it was unexpected to say the least for niner seeing he knew nothing of what the cat else may do. a blush coming to his face as he nodded without words to speak.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, don't worry, sweet lady," Francis chuckled, "At least it proves you have an appetite! Most of the so-called ladies whose parents were interested in Dads finances? They couldn't eat anything."
Tegan was at least polite enough to clean her mouth with cute nabs of her napkin. "Heh, I'll bet they weren't even able to chase a mouse. But how were *you* raised, manner-wise? Were you allowed to be a cat at all, or did they try to pamper your instincts into submission?"
---
22xander wrote:Roux nodded and drew her into a light peck on the cheek, sitting up himself. "Yeah, that sounds good." He said, humming for a second before sitting up. "Any ideas where we should go? ...Oh, and maybe we should put on our collars." He grinned at her with a wink and went to go find his light leather and ivory collar.
"The Everest Promenade", she suggested. "The ship's tallest point, it must be ready, by now. We'll go there before the others do and send your sound to the world as the ship takes the sea. What do you say?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner seemed to freeze up at the cats action of carressing the foxs arm, it was unexpected to say the least for niner seeing he knew nothing of what the cat else may do. a blush coming to his face as he nodded without words to speak.
"Oh. Sorry, did that...hurt or something? Forgive me, but after all this time spent as an electronic ghost, well, touching is one thing I had sorely missed."
Hotep the psychic

"oh yeah right. Help yourself" Niner said showing his tail had begun to wag back and forth. The fox trying to hide his blush by looking away some
ImageImageImage
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"that sounds wonderful Chiot." He said with a. Grin, his tail obviously wagging and wagging behind him. "And there's food there? I really need something after how draining you were last night." He playfully nipped at her ear, wearing his collar and holding her close from behind her.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"oh yeah right. Help yourself" Niner said showing his tail had begun to wag back and forth. The fox trying to hide his blush by looking away some
Morgana's hand ran through the fur of Niner's chest. "You're so cute, you know? And I owe you so much for helping me." She hugged him, not too tight, just to show her appreciation. She purred.
---
22xander wrote:"that sounds wonderful Chiot." He said with a. Grin, his tail obviously wagging and wagging behind him. "And there's food there? I really need something after how draining you were last night." He playfully nipped at her ear, wearing his collar and holding her close from behind her.
"We can grab a bite on the way up," Nesse suggested. "What kind of food do you favor? Me, I need something with a LOT of calories."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"Chiot, I'm a street dog from N'Orlens. I am willin to eat whatevah is put on mah plate." His tail wagged as he walked out the door, pulling the cat along with him as he scoped up her collar and buckled it around her neck in the hallway, just to tease her mind. "However, after that night chiot... I could use the caleries myself. How about something with potatoes in?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I 'walked the line' on occasion," Francis said with amusement. "It was catch and release with the Mice, though. Dad had an agreement with them. He'd found one that was quite skilled at electrical things so he had him train the others in return for their safety. Saved him a lot of money when rewiring needed doing as there was no ripping open walls." Francis scooched closer. "And I still have the instincts to know when I'm being invited." He gave her a proper kiss this time.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:"Chiot, I'm a street dog from N'Orlens. I am willin to eat whatevah is put on mah plate." His tail wagged as he walked out the door, pulling the cat along with him as he scoped up her collar and buckled it around her neck in the hallway, just to tease her mind. "However, after that night chiot... I could use the caleries myself. How about something with potatoes in?"
Apparently speaking to no one in particulare, the black cat said, "Jeeves, do we have a potato-specialties eatery aboard?"
The hologram of a perfect, stereotypical human English valet appeared in front of the couple. "Yes, ma'm. Said eatery is called 'Ye Golden Trove', and it is located on deck F. I took the liberty of sending for a car. Will that be all, ma'm?"
"No, thanks."
The hologram bowed and disappeared. She grinned at her puppy. "Ready to feast?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, I 'walked the line' on occasion," Francis said with amusement. "It was catch and release with the Mice, though. Dad had an agreement with them. He'd found one that was quite skilled at electrical things so he had him train the others in return for their safety. Saved him a lot of money when rewiring needed doing as there was no ripping open walls." Francis scooched closer. "And I still have the instincts to know when I'm being invited." He gave her a proper kiss this time.
Tegan returned the kiss, then went back to her food. "After hearing you nerding so nice, I didn't figure you as the theatre guy. Is it because you like this play in particular, or do you also like live performances in general?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I always find live performances are so much more... nuanced than recorded," Francis admitted after getting back to business with his own food. "I especially love the comedies where one of the leads deliberately tries to get the others laughing."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux bowed as deeply as the hologram had, and smiled at his chiot. "Of course, when has a dog ever said no to that question?" He seemed to purr and roll with his voice, even though he physically couldn't, pressing against her cheek then walking her to the car that would take them where they were going. He held her tight, expressing some combination of puppy love and romance.