HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

HPU: Apollo City

Post by valerio »

DAY 1 - THE VOYAGE STARTS

The Kingsight A-101 of the Trans-Ocean Airlines, a division of the Atlas Company, was a wonder in itself: it could easily carry up to 50 passengers and move at supersonic airspeed, but the real deal was its absence of windows. Thanks to the Atlas' partner, the Gottschalk Technologies Enterprise, this plane was the first to use the most advanced LED technology, ShoWall, to display the outside world as if the whole hull were a single window, much to the entertainment of the passengers.
But even that experience paled in comparison of what awaited them, down by the coasts of Perth, Western Australia.
The man's hand touched the wall, the man ignoring the other passenger, animal and not, doing the same, with a similar awed expression as they watched the ship.
What a reductive word, the man thought. How could such a...thing be described with a word in history reserved for cruises, transportation, war..?
What did you call the first and unique floating city that awaited them?
4,500 feet long. 750 feet wide. 350 tall.
Apollo City.
Not just a ship. Hom--
"Are you going to recollect your jaw, Doc, or shall you listen to the PSA?" said a snappy voice. The man felt like being slapped out his daydream, and he wasn't definitely happy...but the voice's owner was right, alas, so he focused on the Captain's voice.
"...after landing, a platform will carry us to level 2, where the reception crew will assign you your apartment. In case of medical needs, please do not hesitate to ask our medical staff, available at any moment. All courts are already open and welcome you anytime. Remember, guys," the voice on the interphone said with an added cheer. "This is a city, not just a ship. Those of you who have signed for a job will be contacted by your Staff Departments tomorrow, today is dedicated to getting to know Apollo City and your neighbors."
Again, the man went into daydream mode. He looked at the other passengers chatting excitedly, the young ones focused only on the adventure awaiting.
A job. Neighbors. Shops, restaurants...A new life.
Like everyone else aboard, he had no baggage, not even his notebook, his e-reader... Everything they needed would be found aboard Apollo City. And Apollo City made no use of 'traditional' furniture or 'old' technology. A resident, especially one working there, was supposed to start afresh. Big step, great expectations.
But there was one thing this man had that the others had not, and that had granted him endless chats aboard the plane with rightly curious passengers: Two ani-anidroids. The genet sitting at the corridor, and the green-skinned crested saurian sitting in the middle row...
A snappy saurian, unfortunately. "If you're considering jumping down the plane, please give us the time to find for a decent owner at least, cabron." the man sighed. At least, so far Asur had been polite enough. He so wished he was as polite as poor Jemmy sitting silent and letting kids and pups playing with his carbon nanofiber tail...
From the window, the ship got closer...
Mickey

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Mickey »

James skates about level 2, trying to get the snacks at the several apartment assignment booths ready for the new residents. Placing another tray down on another one of the many clothed tables, James pushed off again and picked up two trays, placing them on the final table. He dusted his hands together, the wheels retracting into his paws.

"There we go! I hope they sandwiches."

James' ears rotated, followed by his head. His smile expanded as he saw the plane getting closer.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery had already had her fair share of nose-pressing against the translucent wall by the time the ship was in sight. Everything here was new to her! The ocean, the different types of people, the environment. Actually now that she thought of it she's never been a plane before now, and here she was, flying solo to destinations unknown! Or... Less known. She'd actually never heard about this technological monument until recently, only a week or so before her transfer. Who couldn't be excited for a journey like this? And being the pup she was, she eagerly agreed for the job.

But that was fifteen minutes ago Avery. And fifteen minutes ago Avery was transfixed by the gargantuan size of the ship they were headed towards. Present Avery on the other hand... Had switched interests in the blink of an eye once her gaze had wandered far enough away from the wall the notice it out of the corner of her eye.

A strange looking genet sitting by the corridor looking placidly ahead as children and pups played with his tail. Though it wasn't his tail that interested her.

By the time the PA turned on and the captain was making his announcement the curious canine had already wandered over to Jemmy, though instead of fighting for the attention of his slowly swaying tail, the Eskimo dog crotched down and adjusted her cap before... Inspecting his face very closely. Condensation probably would have already built up if she were doing the same for a window.

"How can anyone tell how you're feeling if you don't have any micro expressions?" She asked happily, her tail wagging behind her and her paws drumming against her knees in the noble attempt to resist any excessive touching or prodding.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

In front of the restaurant, Hajime patted down on his vest for the tenth time today, getting any stray dust particles or wrinkles that might have been there, despite his uniform looking immaculate as ever. The otter droid was placed on front desk duty today, to welcome the megacruiser's first passengers and residents, and he wanted to look his best for this momentous occasion. While on the outside he still has that same serious look that he always sported, grey eyes barely straying anywhere and his mouth in a neutral straight line, internally his processors were thrumming with anticipation. Guests were finally arriving, and as an Anidroid built to serve, there was nothing more that he could have wished for.

As he stood there almost ramrod straight with his hands behind his back, he caught sight of his fellow co-worker James flitting around and setting up the tables at the second level. Hajime was initially amazed looking at his rather eccentric fur pattern; he had heard of fur customization, but a checkerboard pattern running across one's back was rather outlandish. Now, seeing how the jackal was speeding around on his rollerblades, the racing pattern made sense and he was able to appreciate James' agility in serving the tables. The actuators in his tail hummed as it swayed lazily; he was built with endurance in mind. Hajime might never be able to catch up to James in a 100 meter dash, but he could certainly outlast him in a 42km marathon.

This made the otter smile unwittingly.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Aboard the transport to the ship a rather odd group sat, gazing at the ship. Two of them, a tall man wearing all black and a lady who was a tad short and wearing extremely casual clothing, talked to eachother, "I can't wait to just relax." Said the man, leaning back slightly. His lady companion took a moment to blow a bubble with her gum before responding, "It'll be nice to not have to worry too much." The man turned to the two pets sat between him and the lady, one pet in the seat and one on the floor, preferring it there, "Holding up you two?"

The one in the seat, a black,white and brown-red border collie, fit with a bow tie over her collar, gave a small clap in response, "Most definitely! Today is a step into a whole new world! A new world with people! Shops! Secrets~" She finished, her eyes almost glinting.

The orange tabby with white swirls and an eye patch over her left eye gave a small scowl to the dog above her, "Save the snoopin' for another week, will ya? Don't need ya angering or breaking nothing with hardly a paw set aboard, Delilah."

Delilah gave a small huff, but her sparkling attitude returned rather quickly, "Fine. That will just give us more time to socialize. After all, we will be here for quite some time, so we best get to know the whos and the wheres."

Tee shrugged, "So, ya gonna goggle at whosit like everyone else?" She said, pointing her thumb in the direction of the slightly crowded genet.

Delilah leaned forward and pat the cat on the head, "Not yet. It is best to wait for us to disembark, as being surrounded by so much newness, the gogglers will goggle elsewhere and the goggled, having stretched their legs, will be more receptive to new people!" Tee just shrugged and leaned into Delilah's seat, neither of them keen to move from their seats and more or less confront people, as they awaited their destination.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mickey wrote:James skates about level 2, trying to get the snacks at the several apartment assignment booths ready for the new residents. Placing another tray down on another one of the many clothed tables, James pushed off again and picked up two trays, placing them on the final table. He dusted his hands together, the wheels retracting into his paws.
"There we go! I hope they sandwiches."
James' ears rotated, followed by his head. His smile expanded as he saw the plane getting closer.
"I am more worried that you spill everything on the floor," said a male basenji dog, who was also happening to picking a ham sandwich. "How do you do with those skates, at that speed?"
---
Not everyone, of course, was coming via airplane.
A swarm of modern Jazz Yachts was busy transporting loadful of passengers to the Apollo City.
JY-27 was right now docking in the ship's central pier. a line of green lights to the left side giving the 'Go' to the maneuver.
As the yacht got closer and closer, the oceanview disappeared behind the titanic ALON glass and carbon fiber walls.
"They actually put up a garden here, too," marveled the man in a dark suit, while staring at the palm trees and greeneries adorning the piers. Like everyone else, seeing the real thing had a very different impact from every online picture and video. No wonder this place was much sought after by the top spendrifts in the world. The man thought that aboard this floating city there was enough wealth and political power to make pirates drool themselves silly...
"What? Did you think it was some special effects, on the screen, bubba?" said the military macaw perching on his shoulder. "And you are supposed to watch over us? What will be next?" and here his petulant voice turned into that of a human woman, "Oh, dear, those bandits have guns! What will I do?"
The man put his hand into the pocket of his jacket, then clenching into a fist. he was lucky people couldn't read minds, or the local Animal Protection would be all over him... "Is there something that could ever make you shut that trap, Piper?"
"'Mr. Piper', or 'Sir', would do, but I could use a meal right now. A decent one." he made a face. "Seeds. I can't believe you ordered seeds for me. Bah! I'm gonna fly me to the buffet, see you in the cabin." and with that, he took off, leaving behind a plume that landed on the man's head.
"Think they'll shoot him?" the man asked to the basket he was carrying in his other hand.
"Not likely," said the voice...of a python, as its head emerged from under the lid. "You said it yourself: Passengers and staff are uber-checked long before boarding, and all identities are double-verified onboard. Our friends are unlikely to have followed us. Have you arranged my transportation?"
The man sighed. "I did: An ani-droid is waiting for us at our cab--apartment, and there are enough cameras to keep an eye on Piper. You guys will never be really alone."
Then the yacht stopped, and it was time to get aboard.
---
Roarin wrote:Avery had already had her fair share of nose-pressing against the translucent wall by the time the ship was in sight. Everything here was new to her! The ocean, the different types of people, the environment. Actually now that she thought of it she's never been a plane before now, and here she was, flying solo to destinations unknown! Or... Less known. She'd actually never heard about this technological monument until recently, only a week or so before her transfer. Who couldn't be excited for a journey like this? And being the pup she was, she eagerly agreed for the job.
But that was fifteen minutes ago Avery. And fifteen minutes ago Avery was transfixed by the gargantuan size of the ship they were headed towards. Present Avery on the other hand... Had switched interests in the blink of an eye once her gaze had wandered far enough away from the wall the notice it out of the corner of her eye.
A strange looking genet sitting by the corridor looking placidly ahead as children and pups played with his tail. Though it wasn't his tail that interested her.
By the time the PA turned on and the captain was making his announcement the curious canine had already wandered over to Jemmy, though instead of fighting for the attention of his slowly swaying tail, the Eskimo dog crotched down and adjusted her cap before... Inspecting his face very closely. Condensation probably would have already built up if she were doing the same for a window.
"How can anyone tell how you're feeling if you don't have any micro expressions?" She asked happily, her tail wagging behind her and her paws drumming against her knees in the noble attempt to resist any excessive touching or prodding.
The droid's ears flicked, then he turned his head, and for the first time during the flight, he smiled. "Oh, that's easy: I never imposed them any restriction. I was built to stand far greater sollecitations than this, and letting young ones to play with my appendages is a good way for them to vent their natural energies. In short, there is a mutual agreement in which what they are doing is causing me no disturbance nor harm. Pleased to meet you, I am Jemmy. Who are you?"
---
kurowolfe wrote:In front of the restaurant, Hajime patted down on his vest for the tenth time today, getting any stray dust particles or wrinkles that might have been there, despite his uniform looking immaculate as ever. The otter droid was placed on front desk duty today, to welcome the megacruiser's first passengers and residents, and he wanted to look his best for this momentous occasion. While on the outside he still has that same serious look that he always sported, grey eyes barely straying anywhere and his mouth in a neutral straight line, internally his processors were thrumming with anticipation. Guests were finally arriving, and as an Anidroid built to serve, there was nothing more that he could have wished for.
As he stood there almost ramrod straight with his hands behind his back, he caught sight of his fellow co-worker James flitting around and setting up the tables at the second level. Hajime was initially amazed looking at his rather eccentric fur pattern; he had heard of fur customization, but a checkerboard pattern running across one's back was rather outlandish. Now, seeing how the jackal was speeding around on his rollerblades, the racing pattern made sense and he was able to appreciate James' agility in serving the tables. The actuators in his tail hummed as it swayed lazily; he was built with endurance in mind. Hajime might never be able to catch up to James in a 100 meter dash, but he could certainly outlast him in a 42km marathon.
This made the otter smile unwittingly.
"If you try to get cleaner than this," said a male white cat, his fure as pure as snow, "You'll start shining. What do you suggest here?"
"Alcor, stop bothering the staff," an equally pure-white German Sheperd, a female, said to the cat. "Everything is good here for us, except theobromine-rich ingredients. And gound peppers, you know how much it makes you sneeze. Pick what you want."
The cat smiled. "Right as always, love," Alcor pecked her nose and chose a pickles and mayo sandwich. "Do you guys do room service 24/7 as well, right?" he asked. "Mizar and I are on our honeymoon, a nice private dinner will do."
---
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Aboard the transport to the ship a rather odd group sat, gazing at the ship. Two of them, a tall man wearing all black and a lady who was a tad short and wearing extremely casual clothing, talked to eachother, "I can't wait to just relax." Said the man, leaning back slightly. His lady companion took a moment to blow a bubble with her gum before responding, "It'll be nice to not have to worry too much." The man turned to the two pets sat between him and the lady, one pet in the seat and one on the floor, preferring it there, "Holding up you two?"
The one in the seat, a black,white and brown-red border collie, fit with a bow tie over her collar, gave a small clap in response, "Most definitely! Today is a step into a whole new world! A new world with people! Shops! Secrets~" She finished, her eyes almost glinting.
The orange tabby with white swirls and an eye patch over her left eye gave a small scowl to the dog above her, "Save the snoopin' for another week, will ya? Don't need ya angering or breaking nothing with hardly a paw set aboard, Delilah."
Delilah gave a small huff, but her sparkling attitude returned rather quickly, "Fine. That will just give us more time to socialize. After all, we will be here for quite some time, so we best get to know the whos and the wheres."
Tee shrugged, "So, ya gonna goggle at whosit like everyone else?" She said, pointing her thumb in the direction of the slightly crowded genet.
Delilah leaned forward and pat the cat on the head, "Not yet. It is best to wait for us to disembark, as being surrounded by so much newness, the gogglers will goggle elsewhere and the goggled, having stretched their legs, will be more receptive to new people!" Tee just shrugged and leaned into Delilah's seat, neither of them keen to move from their seats and more or less confront people, as they awaited their destination.
"Are you guys going to work there?" asked a big dog, a St. Bernard, sitting on the opposite isle. He waved his meaty paw to the family. "Hi, name's Sanson. Dad and I run a fitness program aboard. he sold his sports chain to get residency here."
Last edited by valerio on Thu May 12, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:"If you try to get cleaner than this," said a male white cat, his fure as pure as snow, "You'll start shining. What do you suggest here?"
"Alcor, stop bothering the staff," an equally pure-white German Sheperd, a female, said to the cat. "Everything is good here for us, except theobromine-rich ingredients. And gound peppers, you know how much it makes you sneeze. Pick what you want."
The cat smiled. "Right as always, love," Alcor pecked her nose and chose a pickles and mayo sandwich. "Do you guys do room service 24/7 as well, right?" he asked. "Mizar and I are on our honeymoon, a nice private dinner will do."
The waiter's ears stood up straight suddenly, and his laxly wagging tail shot straight up in surprise from the cat's sudden appearance. Once his reactions parameters ran their course and his processors calmed down, Hajime was finally able to see that the cat was accompanied by a dog, both as white as the snow on Mount Fuji.

He immediately placed his arms to the side of his body, stood rigidly straight and bowed down in a swift and hurried motion at his waist. "I am terribly sorry for not noticing your arrivals, goshuujin-samatachi. I truly apologize for my lack of concentration and tardiness, if there's anything..." His ocular sensors which were clenched shut in regret reopened slowly, and the Anidroid rose back up to see that the pair was not that troubled by his lapse of concentration as they continued to talk about what food they could order from the restaurant. They were not displeased, and if his interactions log was to be consulted, it is wise to not pursue forgiveness and continue as nonchalantly as possible. As such, Hajime's stance relaxed, and he flashed that wonderfully charming, almost seductive smile at them, back in his element.

"We can certainly serve any orders right in your designated rooms, regardless of what time it is, Mizar-sama, Alcor-sama, provided that the order is made 5 minutes in advance. Be rest assured, we can cater to any special needs that you might have, including removal of allergens or disliked ingredients, and privacy during serving of meals." He let Alcor state her order, and his order cache recorded the order. "One set of pickles and mayo sandwich for Alcor-sama. What would you like to order, Mizar-sama?"

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The door to one of the other yachts opened and a voice could be heard from inside. "All aboard who's going aboard," it said cheerfully.
"You've cheered up," a white haired human said, appearing in the doorway. Malcolm Devon had once held something of an empire in sports and vid channels and had recently sold the entire kit'n'kaboodle to one of his rival networks before announcing plans to take some time off. He stood around 6ft tall and the crows feet ran deep on his face. "Does this mean I'm forgiven?"

A feline appeared, Ginger from tips to toes, wearing a blue coat and pulling a couple of bags behind him. "I'm still narked you didn't ask if I'd like the club," he confessed as he pulled the bags. "I mean they're third Division. Wouldn't have been that much of a risk? But we're here now." He pulled up next to his 'father' and grinned. "And it does seem a great ship."
"Yes," Malcolm sighed, stretching before picking up one of the bags, "just the sort of break we need, Francis. All right," he said quickly, seeing the cats' mouth opening, "The sort of break I need! As you keep saying, you can't take a break from doing nothing by doing nothing. I understand, you know? It's why I have no problem with you putting those work applications in on the way here. Do you good, I suppose."
"I hope so," Francis said as the pair of them approached the reception. "Heya," Francis said after dinging for attention, "We're the Devons?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: "I am more worried that you spill everything on the floor," said a male basenji dog, who was also happening to picking a ham sandwich. "How do you do with those skates, at that speed?"
"Me? Spill something? Please!"

James chuckled and picked up a tray of various drinks. He rose up on one paw, the wheels popping out of that paw, before moving onto the other, allowing the wheels to come out of that paw as well. He skated over to the dog, holding out the tray.

"Would you care for a drink, sir?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:The droid's ears flicked, then he turned his head, and for the first time during the flight, he smiled. "Oh, that's easy: I never imposed them any restriction. I was built to stand far greater sollecitations than this, and letting young ones to play with my appendages is a good way for them to vent their natural energies. In short, there is a mutual agreement in which what they are doing is causing me no disturbance nor harm. Pleased to meet you, I am Jemmy. Who are you?"
"I am... Hmm..." The dog simply paused for a few seconds, looking quite contemplative as she continued to stare at the genet in front of her. "So, you know that moment, when someone asks for your name, like when you first meet? Oh! Kinda like this. You could basically tell them anything that sounds close to a name and it'd be perfectly right in the other person's mind, of course until you or someone corrects them. Isn't that kinda weird and cool?" The dog seemed to trail off for a moment before snapping back to attention.
"Oh! Right, my name's Avery! It's a pleasuuuure to meet you Jemmy! Regardless if that's your real name or not." She scooted back a bit before reaching into her collar to pull out a small business card and handing it to Jemmy. It read something like:
"Avery Johannason"
"Therapy Dog"
"If lost please return to"
An address was printed on there but scribbled out with red pen and written to the side of that instead was "Apollo City Medical Ward".
"And I'm supposed to give this to any friends I make here. Just in case! At least... That's what my old handler told me to do."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:The waiter's ears stood up straight suddenly, and his laxly wagging tail shot straight up in surprise from the cat's sudden appearance. Once his reactions parameters ran their course and his processors calmed down, Hajime was finally able to see that the cat was accompanied by a dog, both as white as the snow on Mount Fuji.
He immediately placed his arms to the side of his body, stood rigidly straight and bowed down in a swift and hurried motion at his waist. "I am terribly sorry for not noticing your arrivals, goshuujin-samatachi. I truly apologize for my lack of concentration and tardiness, if there's anything..." His ocular sensors which were clenched shut in regret reopened slowly, and the Anidroid rose back up to see that the pair was not that troubled by his lapse of concentration as they continued to talk about what food they could order from the restaurant. They were not displeased, and if his interactions log was to be consulted, it is wise to not pursue forgiveness and continue as nonchalantly as possible. As such, Hajime's stance relaxed, and he flashed that wonderfully charming, almost seductive smile at them, back in his element.
"We can certainly serve any orders right in your designated rooms, regardless of what time it is, Mizar-sama, Alcor-sama, provided that the order is made 5 minutes in advance. Be rest assured, we can cater to any special needs that you might have, including removal of allergens or disliked ingredients, and privacy during serving of meals." He let Alcor state her order, and his order cache recorded the order. "One set of pickles and mayo sandwich for Alcor-sama. What would you like to order, Mizar-sama?"
"Anything with fish. At least, we're in the right place for pets to stop mocking my tastes in food. What you suggest?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The door to one of the other yachts opened and a voice could be heard from inside. "All aboard who's going aboard," it said cheerfully.
"You've cheered up," a white haired human said, appearing in the doorway. Malcolm Devon had once held something of an empire in sports and vid channels and had recently sold the entire kit'n'kaboodle to one of his rival networks before announcing plans to take some time off. He stood around 6ft tall and the crows feet ran deep on his face. "Does this mean I'm forgiven?"
A feline appeared, Ginger from tips to toes, wearing a blue coat and pulling a couple of bags behind him. "I'm still narked you didn't ask if I'd like the club," he confessed as he pulled the bags. "I mean they're third Division. Wouldn't have been that much of a risk? But we're here now." He pulled up next to his 'father' and grinned. "And it does seem a great ship."
"Yes," Malcolm sighed, stretching before picking up one of the bags, "just the sort of break we need, Francis. All right," he said quickly, seeing the cats' mouth opening, "The sort of break I need! As you keep saying, you can't take a break from doing nothing by doing nothing. I understand, you know? It's why I have no problem with you putting those work applications in on the way here. Do you good, I suppose."
"I hope so," Francis said as the pair of them approached the reception. "Heya," Francis said after dinging for attention, "We're the Devons?"
The rabbit anidroid, one of the many busy sorting the passengers in the long desk line, nodded. "Welcome to Apollo City. I am Elen-28. Your apartment is Deck H-C448. Please wear these bands with you at all time." She handed them a couple of black smartbands. "Follow their indications to your apartment. They work with vocal commands and can get you in touch with all services of Apollo City. We are having welcome buffets on each deck to help you all socialize. Your band will tell you where to find the nearest tables. Do you have any special necessities at the moment?"
---
Mickey wrote:
valerio wrote:"Me? Spill something? Please!"
James chuckled and picked up a tray of various drinks. He rose up on one paw, the wheels popping out of that paw, before moving onto the other, allowing the wheels to come out of that paw as well. He skated over to the dog, holding out the tray.
"Would you care for a drink, sir?"
The dog's nose sniffed cautiosly at the glasses. "Hm, can you prepare me some West African Ginger Drink? With sparkling water, please."
---
Roarin wrote:"I am... Hmm..." The dog simply paused for a few seconds, looking quite contemplative as she continued to stare at the genet in front of her. "So, you know that moment, when someone asks for your name, like when you first meet? Oh! Kinda like this. You could basically tell them anything that sounds close to a name and it'd be perfectly right in the other person's mind, of course until you or someone corrects them. Isn't that kinda weird and cool?" The dog seemed to trail off for a moment before snapping back to attention.
"Oh! Right, my name's Avery! It's a pleasuuuure to meet you Jemmy! Regardless if that's your real name or not." She scooted back a bit before reaching into her collar to pull out a small business card and handing it to Jemmy. It read something like:
"Avery Johannason"
"Therapy Dog"
"If lost please return to"
An address was printed on there but scribbled out with red pen and written to the side of that instead was "Apollo City Medical Ward".
"And I'm supposed to give this to any friends I make here. Just in case! At least... That's what my old handler told me to do."
The genet took the card, read it...and gave it back. "Thank you, I memorized it. And as for my identification, 'Jemmy' is a more valid identification than--" and then the man's hand snapped the muzzle shut.
"Let's just say that his identification code is terribly complicated," he said, before showing a diplomatic smile. "Helmut Volken. So you are a qualified therapist? Intriguing."
"I'd say," the saurian droid said, "It's the only kind of therapist you could have, hombre loco."
"Remind me to disassemble you," Helmut growled, a moment before the 'PLEASE FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT' signal appeared on the floor and the ceiling.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

The group did, Tee climbing into her own seat, though Delilah felt obligated to answer Sanson, "No, we are going as tourists, I believe it said."

Tee nodded, leaning into her seat, "Too many loose ends on too short a notice for anything permanent." The lady sat besides Delilah stopped chewing her gum to add, "Though we might return if it's good and they still have room later."

Tee thought for a moment, "Quite the investment to drop an entire chain to move."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you, Ellen-28," Franklin said, accepting the bands and handing one to Malcolm. "And no dietary restrictions, no."

When they reached their room, Franklin attached the band to a small computer he took from his bag. "I don't much feel like being tracked," he said, finding out where the nearest buffet was before introducing a small correction to the GPS system that disabled it. He put the device in a pocket in case he wished the re-enable it later. "I'm gonna go see what the food's like," he announced.
"I'll unpack and join you later," Malcolm replied as Franklin headed out towards the food, finding the nearest seat and strapping in when the message came up.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: The dog's nose sniffed cautiosly at the glasses. "Hm, can you prepare me some West African Ginger Drink? With sparkling water, please."
James beeped for a moment before nodding. He set the tray down before skating back to kitchen, his wheels retracting into his paws when he got there. With the recipe in mind, James quickly got to work in grabbing the needed ingredients. After checking the recipe to make sure he got everything, James got to work in preparing the actual thing. James followed the recipe exactly, pouring the finished liquid into a tall glass, complete with a blue umbrella. Placing this on a tray, James brought out his wheels and skated back to the dog, holding out the drink.

"One West African Ginger Drink! Enjoy!"
My characters!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

As the 'PLEASE FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS' sign flashed, the white fured wire-haired jack terrier did as it said. He hadn't moved from his seat, of course, since nobody had told him to move from his seat, and he wasn't as social as Ramona anyway. So he hadn't moved an inch during the entire flight. Not including his red and black eyes, of course, which were currently locked onto the window-like wall, showing the city in the sky. Reginald never usually showed emotion, but even he had to say that it inspired great awe in him. He felt the course hairs on the back of his neck stand up every time he looked at it. How come they were able to live here, he wondered. Had it been a lottery of some sort? Had Ramona sold some extra special paintings to pay for it, perhaps? Reginald did not know, as he had not been in control when it had happened. He'd only regained control during take-off and found a hastily written note explaining the situation, so there was a number of ways they might've gotten here. He'd have to leave a note the next time he felt himself losing control.
As he finally moved his gaze away from the wall, he noticed some of the other animals aboard the plane, at least, that's what he thought it was. There was a saurian-like ani-droid that was near a human and another ani-droid that seemed to be modeled after a genet. A female Canadian Eskimo dog was conversing with the second droid, though it seemed the first droid and the human that was with them had interrupted their conversation. Lastly, there were two dogs, a border collie and a Saint Bernard, and a cat, an orange tabby, that were sitting not that far away from him. The cat had a grey eye patch over her left eye, the Saint Bernard seemed to be the largest Reginald had ever seen, and the border collie had a bow tie on her neck. Her collar, perhaps? He didn't think it was strange, considering he had a wine glass for a tag himself, and that wasn't including the other three. Only that it was interesting. He only had a little hope that they wouldn't try to make small talk with him, otherwise they would have to suffer some of the most awkward chit-chat in history.
Last edited by AnimeNerd88 on Fri May 13, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:"Anything with fish. At least, we're in the right place for pets to stop mocking my tastes in food. What you suggest?"
"It just so happens that one of our specials of the day is pan-grilled gilt-head bream with lemon dill white sauce. The fish was freshly caught from the Mediterranean Sea by our dedicated fishermen earlier, and the combination of lemon and dill in a smooth and creamy yet not overbearingly so sauce brings out that fresh sea breeze flavour. Would that be of your liking, Mizar-sama?"

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:The genet took the card, read it...and gave it back. "Thank you, I memorized it. And as for my identification, 'Jemmy' is a more valid identification than--" and then the man's hand snapped the muzzle shut.
"Let's just say that his identification code is terribly complicated," he said, before showing a diplomatic smile. "Helmut Volken. So you are a qualified therapist? Intriguing."
"I'd say," the saurian droid said, "It's the only kind of therapist you could have, hombre loco."
"Remind me to disassemble you," Helmut growled, a moment before the 'PLEASE FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT' signal appeared on the floor and the ceiling.
Avery smiled back politely as Helmut interrupted the droid, unable to comment before she heard a voice from somewhere nearby and turned to glance in that direction.
"Wow! Your sarcasm is amazing realistic!" The canine calls out in a very genuinely amazed tone, though the look of awe and excitement she had in her eyes could be interpreted as "dangerously curious" in the droid's eyes. He shouldn't be surprised if he was bombarded with questions the moment the plane's wheels touched down.
"I never knew that ani-droids were so good at conveying emotions." She replied to Helmut and Jemmy, apparently oblivious to the signs and signals she stayed where she was, wagging her tail happily.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:The group did, Tee climbing into her own seat, though Delilah felt obligated to answer Sanson, "No, we are going as tourists, I believe it said."
Tee nodded, leaning into her seat, "Too many loose ends on too short a notice for anything permanent." The lady sat besides Delilah stopped chewing her gum to add, "Though we might return if it's good and they still have room later."
Tee thought for a moment, "Quite the investment to drop an entire chain to move."
"Not really, if you think if it," the big dog said. "In the end, all Dad and I did was to spend our time in the same place, rarely going to check out another gym or a shop, and seeing our investors and bankers more often than our neighbors. When we realized this was becoming a dull life, Dad decided to start afresh, in a place where everything can happen. You won't believe what these people have in terms of fitness, when it comes to equipment. They only needed a qualified trainer staff for fisiotherapy and customized fitness programs."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you, Ellen-28," Franklin said, accepting the bands and handing one to Malcolm. "And no dietary restrictions, no."
When they reached their room, Franklin attached the band to a small computer he took from his bag. "I don't much feel like being tracked," he said, finding out where the nearest buffet was before introducing a small correction to the GPS system that disabled it. He put the device in a pocket in case he wished the re-enable it later. "I'm gonna go see what the food's like," he announced.
"I'll unpack and join you later," Malcolm replied as Franklin headed out towards the food, finding the nearest seat and strapping in when the message came up.
It was then that a leopard-like ani-droid walked to Francis. "Sir, if I may?" he asked with a discretional tone, and a kind expression. "Will you please follow me? Now."
---
Mickey wrote:James beeped for a moment before nodding. He set the tray down before skating back to kitchen, his wheels retracting into his paws when he got there. With the recipe in mind, James quickly got to work in grabbing the needed ingredients. After checking the recipe to make sure he got everything, James got to work in preparing the actual thing. James followed the recipe exactly, pouring the finished liquid into a tall glass, complete with a blue umbrella. Placing this on a tray, James brought out his wheels and skated back to the dog, holding out the drink.
"One West African Ginger Drink! Enjoy!"
The dog blinked his eyes. He gave a tentative sniff, and smiled. "Hmm, smells like home." He sipped the content, ending up licking his chops before downing the rest. "You know, I was mocking you. Didn't imagine you guys had the fresh stuff it takes for this drink, or knew how to make a perfect one, but I guess I must apologize: Name's Kwesi. Kwesi Cira, in case it wasn't in your database.
---
Roarin wrote:Avery smiled back politely as Helmut interrupted the droid, unable to comment before she heard a voice from somewhere nearby and turned to glance in that direction.
"Wow! Your sarcasm is amazing realistic!" The canine calls out in a very genuinely amazed tone, though the look of awe and excitement she had in her eyes could be interpreted as "dangerously curious" in the droid's eyes. He shouldn't be surprised if he was bombarded with questions the moment the plane's wheels touched down.
"I never knew that ani-droids were so good at conveying emotions." She replied to Helmut and Jemmy, apparently oblivious to the signs and signals she stayed where she was, wagging her tail happily.
"I could even convey your funeral speech, if you keep ignoring the nice flashing light," Asur said. Then, to Helmut, "And don't start boasting just because someone tells you you did a decent work."
The man, this time, smiled at the anidroid. "You know, I can't wait to introduce you to the my future boss. he'll *love* to dissect you to see how good was my job."
Asur fell silent, crossing his arms and fuming and muttering profanities.
A screen lit up in front of Avery's seat, showing the face of a dog anidroid hostess. "Please, sir, fasten your seatbelt now. Approaching landing."
AnimeNerd88 wrote:As the 'PLEASE FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS' sign flashed, the white fured wire-haired jack terrier did as it said. He hadn't moved from his seat, of course, since nobody had told him to move from his seat, and he wasn't as social as Ramona anyway. So he hadn't moved an inch during the entire flight. Not including his red and black eyes, of course, which were currently locked onto the window-like wall, showing the city in the sky. Reginald never usually showed emotion, but even he had to say that it inspired great awe in him. He felt the course hairs on the back of his neck stand up every time he looked at it. How come they were able to live here, he wondered. Had it been a lottery of some sort? Had Ramona sold some extra special paintings to pay for it, perhaps? Reginald did not know, as he had not been in control when it had happened. He'd only regained control during take-off and found a hastily written note explaining the situation, so there was a number of ways they might've gotten here. He'd have to leave a note the next time he felt himself losing control.
As he finally moved his gaze away from the wall, he noticed some of the other animals aboard the plane, at least, that's what he thought it was. There was a saurian-like ani-droid that was near a human and another ani-droid that seemed to be modeled after a genet. A female Canadian Eskimo dog was conversing with the second droid, though it seemed the first droid and the human that was with them had interrupted their conversation. Lastly, there were two dogs, a border collie and a Saint Bernard, and a cat, an orange tabby, that were sitting not that far away from him. The cat had a grey eye patch over her left eye, the Saint Bernard seemed to be the largest Reginald had ever seen, and the border collie had a bow tie on her neck. Her collar, perhaps? He didn't think it was strange, considering he had a wine glass for a tag himself, and that wasn't including the other three. Only that it was interesting. He only had a little hope that they wouldn't try to make small talk with him, otherwise they would have to suffer some of the most awkward chit-chat in history.
At that moment, someone touched the dog's thigh. Of all people, just the one the terrier didn't seem to have noticed, given that the other passenger had been very quiet as well during the trip.
Said passenger was...a kitten. A black one, not a spot of any other color, a small bundle that could rest on a pet's lap. She regarded Reginald with big yellow eyes, before using her pencil on her tablet to write, 'Hi! I am Pixel. I am mute. Are you, too? Wanna be friends?'
The woman sitting by her side ruffled her head fur. "Dear, this is not the moment to talk with the other passengers, you know."
At that moment, the airplane touched the landing strip.
---
kurowolfe wrote:"It just so happens that one of our specials of the day is pan-grilled gilt-head bream with lemon dill white sauce. The fish was freshly caught from the Mediterranean Sea by our dedicated fishermen earlier, and the combination of lemon and dill in a smooth and creamy yet not overbearingly so sauce brings out that fresh sea breeze flavour. Would that be of your liking, Mizar-sama?"
Mizar almost started drooling. "I'd *love* to--wait," she asked, frowning. "Wasn't the food here supposed to be grown, cloned, or what else?"
"It's the last luxury allowed before we leave, dear," said a man coming from behind her and the cat. "There will be all the time to appreciate the local products. Remember? It was asked to all applicants if we wanted a last celebrative meal."
Mizar nodded, blushing. "Yes, Dad. And after this all that has not been eaten will end up in the recycling system."
"I'll have vegetables sandwiches," Martin Foster said to the anidroid waiter
Last edited by valerio on Fri May 13, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"When a Leopard says come with me," Francis replied with a smirk, "it's not wise to say no." Having admitted that, he trotted along behind the Anidroid.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

valerio wrote:At that moment, someone touched the dog's thigh. Of all people, just the one the terrier didn't seem to have noticed, given that the other passenger had been very quiet as well during the trip.
Said passenger was...a kitten. A black one, not a spot of any other color, a small bundle that could rest on a pet's lap. She regarded Reginald with big yellow eyes, before using her pencil on her tablet to write, 'Hi! I am Pixel. I am mute. Are you, too? Wanna be friends?'
The woman sitting by her side ruffled her head fur. "Dear, this is not the moment to talk with the other passengers, you know."
At that moment, the airplane touched the landing strip.
So it was a plane, Reginald thought. Nice to know. He answered the kitten using sign language, thinking that she should know it.
'Hello. My name is Reginald. I am not mute, but I do know sign language, if you prefer to communicate that way. Is this alright with you?'
-Monokuma

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: The dog blinked his eyes. He gave a tentative sniff, and smiled. "Hmm, smells like home." He sipped the content, ending up licking his chops before downing the rest. "You know, I was mocking you. Didn't imagine you guys had the fresh stuff it takes for this drink, or knew how to make a perfect one, but I guess I must apologize: Name's Kwesi. Kwesi Cira, in case it wasn't in your database.
"You were mocking me? Eh, that's okay! It's nice to meet you, Kwesi! I'm James!"

James placed the tray under his arm as his tail wagged with a smile.
My characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis kept apace with the anidroid as they proceeded. "Quite a ship you've got here," he said by way of trying to start a conversation. "Can I ask your function?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Mizar almost started drooling. "I'd *love* to--wait," she asked, frowning. "Wasn't the food here supposed to be grown, cloned, or what else?"
"It's the last luxury allowed before we leave, dear," said a man coming from behind her and the cat. "There will be all the time to appreciate the local products. Remember? It was asked to all applicants if we wanted a last celebrative meal."
Mizar nodded, blushing. "Yes, Dad. And after this all that has not been eaten will end up in the recycling system."
"I'll have vegetables sandwiches," Martin Foster said to the anidroid waiter
"That is correct," Hajime nodded. "Some of our patrons had sent in requests for locally-sourced food here before we depart, as Foster-sama had explained." The otter didn't skip a beat when he searched through the resident identification list from the ship's megaservers, identifying the man as Martin Foster, father of Alcor and Mizar.

"One set of vegetable sandwiches for Foster-sama. Mizar-sama, may I confirm your order of the pan-grilled gilt-head bream?"

((OOC: My apologies, guess I should've memorize the ship's details first -_- ))

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Aww really? That's so sweet of you." She replied happily as she scootched back to her seat and fastened herself in before pulling out a mechanical pen and giving the top a light press before speaking into it.
"Ani-droids, more advanced than I expected. Emotions range from sarcastic to endearing. Some models will go to long lengths to help even complete strangers!"
Her feet swayed underneath her and her tail wagged against the seat. She was so excited to start her new job!

Ref Ref!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Delilah oohed at the explanation, "So, you get the best of both, you still have a gym while being able to do more. Less business stuff to worry about while having time for other things."

Tee nodded in agreement, "Trading a grind into something more fulfilling while keeping the better aspects of the old. Here's hoping it's all ya hoped for."

Delilah motioned towards her sister, "Ditto what she said."
valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:So it was a plane, Reginald thought. Nice to know. He answered the kitten using sign language, thinking that she should know it.
'Hello. My name is Reginald. I am not mute, but I do know sign language, if you prefer to communicate that way. Is this alright with you?'
Instead, she stuck out her tongue at him in a funny expression. Then she wrote, 'I do not use sign language. I am here because they will give me an implant to speak.'
---
Mickey wrote:"You were mocking me? Eh, that's okay! It's nice to meet you, Kwesi! I'm James!"
James placed the tray under his arm as his tail wagged with a smile.
"Nice to know you..." Kwesi started, before he noticed the screen. "Oh, the plane is here, guess you'll be busy for a while. Well, see you later, right?" And then then the Basenji walked away.
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis kept apace with the anidroid as they proceeded. "Quite a ship you've got here," he said by way of trying to start a conversation. "Can I ask your function?"
The leopard led Francis to the Tube's entrance. They sat down in a wagon. The magtrain started with a hum. "I am a polifunctional anidroid, like the other models," he said, "though I am mostly used in the security branch. And we are directed to the security department."
---
Roarin wrote:"Aww really? That's so sweet of you." She replied happily as she scootched back to her seat and fastened herself in before pulling out a mechanical pen and giving the top a light press before speaking into it.
"Ani-droids, more advanced than I expected. Emotions range from sarcastic to endearing. Some models will go to long lengths to help even complete strangers!"
Her feet swayed underneath her and her tail wagged against the seat. She was so excited to start her new job!
"Asur and I are 1.5 models, to be honest Jemmy said. "In the sense that we were not created by Atlas Company standards. And he took some...liberties, in order to give us different personality patches. Do you think your job could benefit analyzing us?"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Delilah oohed at the explanation, "So, you get the best of both, you still have a gym while being able to do more. Less business stuff to worry about while having time for other things."
Tee nodded in agreement, "Trading a grind into something more fulfilling while keeping the better aspects of the old. Here's hoping it's all ya hoped for."
Delilah motioned towards her sister, "Ditto what she said."
"Thank you," Samson started to say, "You can--" and then the plane stopped. The PA said, "Touchdown completed. Please be patient and remain at your seats. The belts will remain automatically locked until you are ready to disembark. Thank you for flying with Atlas Air and welcome aboard Apollo City."
At that moment, the shoWall showed the plane's wings folding up vertically. At the same time, slowly, the plane started descending into the ship.
Samson's eyes went all wide while the platform brought the airplane into Deck 2, where other vehicles were stored and lined up. Another airplane, at that moment, was going up, while passengers were greeting the new arrival from the buffet lines.
The platform stopped. The door opened with a hiss, then an escalator docked to the plane.
The seatbelts unlocked and retracted into the seats.
Samson stood up and took his baggage. "See you around, guys! Been a pleasure."
---
"Tss, showoff," Piper said from his position, up the control tower on the port. "But at least they got style." he looked around the immaculate white surface. "Hm, wonder who's doing the cleaning here," he asked himself. There were enough of those stupid seagulls all around, and they made him edgy... "Just as long as they stay away from here..."
"Oh, they will," said a voice --just at his right!
Piper blinked, and then got VERY nervous, at the sight of an eagle. A harpy eagle, a motherlovingsonofaraptor!
"Ohh, poor hatchling, you afraid of the big bad beak?"
Piper was very tempted to say yes, but then he reminded himself he had survived the mob, he could survive a... "A domestic?"
"Oh, so you noticed," she said, her eyes going to the bands at her legs. "Worry not, hatchling. I am security, me and my partners. That is why you won't see those stupid trasheaters around. You a passenger? Where is your band?" She added, looking at the parrot's leg.
Piper shrugged. "I'll be waiting before getting my bondage, thank you. I'm Piper, you?"
"Tisiphone. And I'd strongly suggest you get your band before they brand you for relocation."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Of course! What better way to practice observation than droids built to model human and animal emotions? I mean sure, by now you guys probably have established your own personalities based on your unique experiences, interactions, and environment. But that doesn't mean the base archetypes you guys were built on disappears! They're still buried somewhere deep in there!" Avery woofs.

"Assuming I had perfect data on each of you and the capacity to sort and go through all of your experiences I could hypothetically gauge your reaction to various stimuli, or at least perceive your general response to an action. For example, tone of voice or body language as you reply back to something I say to you. I probably wouldn't be able to guess what exactly you'd say, but I'd kinda know how'd feel in that instance... If that makes any sense." And then she takes a deep breath, not having breathed since her last pause.

"But of course I don't have perfectly detailed information of you guys, so all I can do is observe what you do in front of me now! Patients usually have medical histories and charts and stuff the doctors give me to read before I go talk to them, so I'm prepared! But it's one thing I like about talking to strangers! There's nothing better than solving a mystery! And that mystery is usually, 'Who is this person, and how can I make them feel their greatest!" She does a fist pump as she says her last words.

Ref Ref!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

The group waved to the dog as he left and proceeded to gather their own luggage. Tee turned to her owners, "Course of action?" The tall man quirked his head in light thought, "Well, I guess get sorted out, then you two can wander and I guess have your turn goggling."

Delilah sighed, "Sadly, the gogglers are still goggling the goggled, even if it's ever so slightly. Would be rude to intrude."

"Well, let's head on down and begin this new adventure." The family began to head off the plane and to go on their way to the reception area.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis leaned back in the chair and chuckled to himself. "I'm in trouble already, eh? Faster than my dad's security teams. You're to be complimented... Can I ask your name?". He offered a hand to the anidroid. "I'm Francis. But you probably knew that already?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well done, everyone! Go rest and relax for a while and be back here ready for tonight's performance at seven o'clock sharp." JD smiles as he places his baton on his music stand and climbs out of the orchestra pit to where his ferret-droid is standing patiently in the front row.
"Well, what did you think, Kelly? It's looking good, I think."
"I agree, JD, although I am still uncertain as to how appropriate a production of Titanic: The Musical is for the maiden voyage of a new ship."
"Oh, relax! I'm sure the guests will appreciate the irony." grins the human, pushing his hair back from his eyes.
"As you say." Kelly acquiesces with a bob of the head as her programming instructs.
"Imma go catch some Zs. You can feel free to charge or explore or whatever you like. Advertise maybe."
"Thank you, JD. Sleep well and I shall see you tonight." After organising to ensure that JD is awakened at the appropriate hour, Kelly leaves the theatre and heads towards the reception area, intent on observing the newcomers to the ship.

====================
Above the ship a helicopter hovers and a furry face peers through the window, watching the plane land. The private helicopter, like the plane, is equipped with sho-wall technology. At first the cat inside had been slightly unnerved and, okay, he'll admit it, terrified as the walls and the floor vanished around him but soon he had begun to relax and enjoy the sensation of floating as he chatted to his owners via the radio attached to the helmet that's especially designed to fit his head and ears.
Once the plane is safely out of the way the helicopter descends to the large H painted on the deck. It touches down gently and then the walls and floor morph back into their default mechanical appearance as the rotors overhead spool down. Once they've stopped the cat removes his helmet and shakes out his ears making his bell jingle merrily.
"Cool! It's even more massive than I thought!" he grins, jumping down from the aircraft as soon as the door is opened and walking with his parents towards an elevator.
"So what are we gonna do first?"
"Well, first we check in like everyone else and then your mother and I have a conference call to make so you can do what you like once you've got your room card." It goes without saying that the family's bags are being sent straight to their rooms.
"Sweet! This is gonna be great!"
"Don't forget to get some breakfast! You've been up a while already."
"I won't! That's first job on my list - find a restaurant!" Makani winks at his parents and steps out of the lift and into the reception area. The family pause and look around, not entirely sure where to go next due to the large numbers of people milling around.
"Perhaps... There's a staff member that can direct us? Mr. Montgomery says hopefully, hanging his overcoat on one arm and picking up his briefcase with his now freed hand.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"Of course! What better way to practice observation than droids built to model human and animal emotions? I mean sure, by now you guys probably have established your own personalities based on your unique experiences, interactions, and environment. But that doesn't mean the base archetypes you guys were built on disappears! They're still buried somewhere deep in there!" Avery woofs.
"Assuming I had perfect data on each of you and the capacity to sort and go through all of your experiences I could hypothetically gauge your reaction to various stimuli, or at least perceive your general response to an action. For example, tone of voice or body language as you reply back to something I say to you. I probably wouldn't be able to guess what exactly you'd say, but I'd kinda know how'd feel in that instance... If that makes any sense." And then she takes a deep breath, not having breathed since her last pause.
"But of course I don't have perfectly detailed information of you guys, so all I can do is observe what you do in front of me now! Patients usually have medical histories and charts and stuff the doctors give me to read before I go talk to them, so I'm prepared! But it's one thing I like about talking to strangers! There's nothing better than solving a mystery! And that mystery is usually, 'Who is this person, and how can I make them feel their greatest!" She does a fist pump as she says her last words.
"It's refreshing to see so much enthusiasm for one's own job," Helmut said as he stood up. He threw a venomous glance at Asur. "If only someone was as much happy..."
"Hey, I am your best assistant, you built me up yourself. Not *my* fault if you also are boring."
---
Neon Icy Wings wrote:The group waved to the dog as he left and proceeded to gather their own luggage. Tee turned to her owners, "Course of action?" The tall man quirked his head in light thought, "Well, I guess get sorted out, then you two can wander and I guess have your turn goggling."
Delilah sighed, "Sadly, the gogglers are still goggling the goggled, even if it's ever so slightly. Would be rude to intrude."
"Well, let's head on down and begin this new adventure." The family began to head off the plane and to go on their way to the reception area.
"Welcome aboard Apollo City," said the rabbit anidroid. "I am Elen-47. Please, put on your wristbands to keep in touch with the ship's services." She handed them the items. "Your location is apartment Deck H-S447. The tubeline is blue. You can use the band for directions, it is voice-activated. Do you have any special needs we can provide?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis leaned back in the chair and chuckled to himself. "I'm in trouble already, eh? Faster than my dad's security teams. You're to be complimented... Can I ask your name?". He offered a hand to the anidroid. "I'm Francis. But you probably knew that already?"
The leopard nodded, before returning the gesture. "We are aware of all passengers' identities, Sir. The contrary would be quite unwise of the Direction." The tube was about to slow down for the third time. "Here we are." He stood up. "Please follow me."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Well done, everyone! Go rest and relax for a while and be back here ready for tonight's performance at seven o'clock sharp." JD smiles as he places his baton on his music stand and climbs out of the orchestra pit to where his ferret-droid is standing patiently in the front row.
"Well, what did you think, Kelly? It's looking good, I think."
"I agree, JD, although I am still uncertain as to how appropriate a production of Titanic: The Musical is for the maiden voyage of a new ship."
"Oh, relax! I'm sure the guests will appreciate the irony." grins the human, pushing his hair back from his eyes.
"As you say." Kelly acquiesces with a bob of the head as her programming instructs.
"Imma go catch some Zs. You can feel free to charge or explore or whatever you like. Advertise maybe."
"Thank you, JD. Sleep well and I shall see you tonight." After organising to ensure that JD is awakened at the appropriate hour, Kelly leaves the theatre and heads towards the reception area, intent on observing the newcomers to the ship.
"You the anidroid assigned to me?" said the snake that was peeking out of a basket. "You surely look small for the job."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Above the ship a helicopter hovers and a furry face peers through the window, watching the plane land. The private helicopter, like the plane, is equipped with sho-wall technology. At first the cat inside had been slightly unnerved and, okay, he'll admit it, terrified as the walls and the floor vanished around him but soon he had begun to relax and enjoy the sensation of floating as he chatted to his owners via the radio attached to the helmet that's especially designed to fit his head and ears.
Once the plane is safely out of the way the helicopter descends to the large H painted on the deck. It touches down gently and then the walls and floor morph back into their default mechanical appearance as the rotors overhead spool down. Once they've stopped the cat removes his helmet and shakes out his ears making his bell jingle merrily.
"Cool! It's even more massive than I thought!" he grins, jumping down from the aircraft as soon as the door is opened and walking with his parents towards an elevator.
"So what are we gonna do first?"
"Well, first we check in like everyone else and then your mother and I have a conference call to make so you can do what you like once you've got your room card." It goes without saying that the family's bags are being sent straight to their rooms.
"Sweet! This is gonna be great!"
"Don't forget to get some breakfast! You've been up a while already."
"I won't! That's first job on my list - find a restaurant!" Makani winks at his parents and steps out of the lift and into the reception area. The family pause and look around, not entirely sure where to go next due to the large numbers of people milling around.
"Perhaps... There's a staff member that can direct us? Mr. Montgomery says hopefully, hanging his overcoat on one arm and picking up his briefcase with his now freed hand.
"Good morning," said an anidroid rabbit wearing a neat uniform, walking to them. "I am Elen-39. If you need help orientering, please follow the green line to the reception desks." she pointed at the glowing line on thre floor. "As you can see, check-in is really a fast thing, it won't take you more than 10 minutes waiting. Can I help you with anything in the meantime?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: "Nice to know you..." Kwesi started, before he noticed the screen. "Oh, the plane is here, guess you'll be busy for a while. Well, see you later, right?" And then then the Basenji walked away.
"Bye-bye! Hope to see you again!"

James waved for a bit before his head turned to look at the screen behind him. Smiling, he poised himself and brushed imagined debris off his apron. After taking one more look around to make sure all the snack tables in the area were to perfection, James stood up straight and put his hands behind his back, ready for any question the newcomers might have for him. He skated about slowly, making sure not to run into anyone.
My characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Still coming," Francis said, reactivating the band's GPS in case this wasn't a security Anidroid. He followed the security officer along the walkways.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote: "You the anidroid assigned to me?" said the snake that was peeking out of a basket. "You surely look small for the job."
"No, I am not. I apologise for the confusion. I am Kelly Doyle, Usher Droid First Class for the Doyle Theatre Group. I have free time now so I have come to familiarise myself with some of the passengers. Do you require any assistance? And how would you prefer I address you?"

====================
valerio wrote: "Good morning," said an anidroid rabbit wearing a neat uniform, walking to them. "I am Elen-39. If you need help orientering, please follow the green line to the reception desks." she pointed at the glowing line on thre floor. "As you can see, check-in is really a fast thing, it won't take you more than 10 minutes waiting. Can I help you with anything in the meantime?"
"Ah, good morning, Elen. Thank you for the help." smiles Mr. Montgomery, taking his place in the line with his wife.
"G'day." Makani says, looking the droid up and down. "You're just like in the picture! Cool! Um... Perhaps you could tell me where the nearest restaurant is so I'm not stuffing around once I'm checked in? It's just that I need to eat as soon as I can now since I'm diabetic. Like, I'm not about to collapse or anything but I do need to eat regularly so..." The cat trails off and shrugs.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Ah, good morning, Elen. Thank you for the help." smiles Mr. Montgomery, taking his place in the line with his wife.
"G'day." Makani says, looking the droid up and down. "You're just like in the picture! Cool! Um... Perhaps you could tell me where the nearest restaurant is so I'm not stuffing around once I'm checked in? It's just that I need to eat as soon as I can now since I'm diabetic. Like, I'm not about to collapse or anything but I do need to eat regularly so..." The cat trails off and shrugs.
James hears this during his skating about the place and quickly, but carefully, makes his way over. He places a friendly paw on the cats shoulder.

"If you look around, there are several snack tables set up on the far right side of the room, containing sandwiches of all kinds and drinks to go along with them. Or would you prefer something specific? I can go whip it up in kitchen for you!"
My characters!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Well, congratulations then, ma'am." Reginald said as he got off his chair. He offered a hand to help Pixel off her chair as he said, "I assume, then, that you are a future resident as well? I don't see why you would come here for an operation you could easily get some where else."
-Monokuma

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

The tall man, Jonah, shook his head, "Thank you, but I don't believe anything special should be needed." The group started on their way when Angel, the short lady spoke as she put her wristband on, You know, if these can lead us to the apartment then do you think we should cut the girls loose? I mean we aren't going to be here forever."

Jonah nodded, picking up the duos bags, "Stay out of trouble you two. Be in before night, so on so forth."

The two nodded and the group split. Delilah stretched, putting her paws behind her head, "So, what shall our first venture be?"

Tee tilted her head in thought for a moment before nodding and turning to her sister, "We're hungry. Didn't eat much on the plane."

Delilah smirked, "Still not over that huh? Well, let us meander until we come across something. Unless we get real bored then we can resort to these." She held up their bands and passed one to Tee. The two put on their bands and began to look around.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery giggled as she stood up, clearly amused by the banter between the two. "You two sure get along quite well don't you." She replied in earnest as she strode back over to them.

"Well that was a fun and informative plane ride! I think the speakers said something about getting your residency assigned correct? Ooh ooh! I wonder if I get a roommate!" The canine did a small hop as she turned to look at the other passengers around them, her tail wagging at the speed of sound.

"I've always wanted a roommate! And a room to roommate with!"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Still coming," Francis said, reactivating the band's GPS in case this wasn't a security Anidroid. He followed the security officer along the walkways.
The leopard stopped in front of a door, the brass plaque at its side reading APOLLO CITY-SECURITY DEPT.
The door slid open...revealing the large offices, a triumph in glass and carbon fiber on five levels, a beehive of activity that didn't even notice the newcomers.
The leopard walked along the platform, until he and his charge were facing a door marked SD-HO.
The door opened and a woman, a blond woman with a pale blue eye and a fair skin, like porcelain, said from behind her desk, "Welcome...Francis, if I am allowed a bit of informality." She stood up and indicated the chair in front of her. "My name is Maud Gottschalk. Please, have a seat. We have a lot to talk about." She was smiling politely, but for the moment her eyes weren't.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"No, I am not. I apologise for the confusion. I am Kelly Doyle, Usher Droid First Class for the Doyle Theatre Group. I have free time now so I have come to familiarise myself with some of the passengers. Do you require any assistance? And how would you prefer I address you?"
"Just Mac. And you are lucky, I like theatre: What shows do you do?" His eyes darted around. "Where's my chaperon?"
"I told you already: first we register, then you are free to wander around," his human said.
---
AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Well, congratulations then, ma'am." Reginald said as he got off his chair. He offered a hand to help Pixel off her chair as he said, "I assume, then, that you are a future resident as well? I don't see why you would come here for an operation you could easily get some where else."
Pixel frowned at the dog.
"You kidding, puppy?" said a male doberman, a sturdy one, staring at Reginald with hard, blood-red eyes. "Do you think giving speech is some standard surgery? Why, you--" He was interrupted by a hand on his shoulder.
"Ivan, please. We spoke about this already: Not everyone has studied medicine. Now apologize, and let's get going."
The dog grumbled but said, "Sorry, pup. See you around not." He took a bag, then bent down and lifted up Pixel in his arm. The kitten, from over his shoulder, waved goodbye to Reginald
---
Roarin wrote:Avery giggled as she stood up, clearly amused by the banter between the two. "You two sure get along quite well don't you." She replied in earnest as she strode back over to them.
"Well that was a fun and informative plane ride! I think the speakers said something about getting your residency assigned correct? Ooh ooh! I wonder if I get a roommate!" The canine did a small hop as she turned to look at the other passengers around them, her tail wagging at the speed of sound.
"I've always wanted a roommate! And a room to roommate with!"
At those words, Jemmy's eyes flashed. Literally. "I'll come with you," the genet said with a genuine smile. "Will you please accept me?"
Helmut's jaw dropped. "What?! You're supposed to--"
"I'm supposed to socialize, to learn more about social conventions. You said it so, and that is why you brought me aboard this microcosm system. I think it will be a good occasion to put to practice your suggestion. And as for 'losing' me, I think you need not to worry, since I will link up to the ship's system, thus making myself trackable at any given moment. And Avery could use me as assistant, right?""
---
"Nah, no risk there, milady," Piper said, puffing up his chest. "I am important stuff, no leaving the ship, nossir."
"Oh, and how so, if I may?" She asked with mock respect.
"I am a witness in a Mafia trial, baby," he answered, in his best impression of Bruce Willis. "I am under protection, no one's to touch me as long as I'm aboard."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis took in all five decks of monitors, anidroids and people with an impressed eye as they came through the security bay and headed for the door. He had a sneaking suspicion this wasn't where most job applications were discussed, a feeling that grew harder when they arrived at a door and entered. "Of course," he said, swallowing nerves when she asked if she could be informal. "Thank you.". He turned to the Leopard Anidroid. "And thank you, too.". He took a seat and wondered if his ear was about to be chewed off.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie