HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

valerio wrote:"Oh dear, and to think that once I-" she was interrupted by the unmistakeable sound of an incoming plane -a cargo, undoubetdly, illuminated by the landing lights of the ship's runway. It disappeared as it touched down. The ship shuddered a bit.
"Well, looks like the first rescuees are here at last."
"Well, then," Francis sighed, "I suppose we had better go down and greet the simulations' 'Factor X', had we not? I confess I would like to meet them. Indeed, I am so excited about it that I was thinking of forgetting my manners and not saying 'ladies first'."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner made a disgusted face at the thought if such a pizza. "i meant protien bars when its a snack silly. Like when going out for a run or something. Not for dinner" he chuckles before passing morgana another whole pizza. Looking at the yable it was getting rather cleaned off now.
Morgana liked her fingers clean, then let out a mighty burp! She patted her tummy! "Man, I feel like I could give birth to a pizza right now! I think I'll save that for later. Midmorning crave and all that. What do you like to do in your free time?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, yes. Tartare royal with pecorino and parmigiana. A classic staple of your people." Makani quips. "Sounds delicious though! Where did you learn to cook like that?"
"My human decided that I could add some of my talents at my exhibitions at the zoo I worked for. I had already pestered the cooks so many times because every time they screwed up with my preparations, the last one said 'You could start doing your own food, then!' -although with less nicer wording- so I was given lots of cooking handbooks and some extra time to prepare the food.
Eventually, the zoo director decided to film me and show my work to the visitors. And in turn that became a live show. Not that I minded, I loved to show what could I do and explain what I was doing, so I became more famous."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, then," Francis sighed, "I suppose we had better go down and greet the simulations' 'Factor X', had we not? I confess I would like to meet them. Indeed, I am so excited about it that I was thinking of forgetting my manners and not saying 'ladies first'."
"Thank you dear. By the way, ever spent 24 hours without sleeping at all and remained perfectly functional?"
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"ummm i usually watch movies and read....but ive never had this much free time" he said to the cat with a slight blush of embaressment.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"ummm i usually watch movies and read....but ive never had this much free time" he said to the cat with a slight blush of embaressment.
"Oh. You have a job then?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis looked at her incredulously, one ear drooping. "Twenty-Four hours," he said hollowly. "Without any sleep? That... sounds like a nightmare. That you... have to b awake for."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis looked at her incredulously, one ear drooping. "Twenty-Four hours," he said hollowly. "Without any sleep? That... sounds like a nightmare. That you... have to b awake for."
She giggled. "Actually, that's the minimum required when you work in deep bureaucracy. You don't have an idea about the paperwork it took to organize this voyage. And all of the unexpected occurrences are giving a massive headache to the night shift."
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:"ummm i usually watch movies and read....but ive never had this much free time" he said to the cat with a slight blush of embaressment.
"Oh. You have a job then?"
Niner looked at morgana and rubbed the back of his head some, "well i guess but not really my owner works as a vetrinarian and scientist and i usually help him.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner looked at morgana and rubbed the back of his head some, "well i guess but not really my owner works as a vetrinarian and scientist and i usually help him.
"And is there anything you would like to do? I mean, something you really really want. Me..." she started counting on her fingertips with the tip of her tongue sticking out, "I thought about astronaut, Indian chief, Indian chef, Justice, Senator, huntress, Duchess, Queen...that should be all."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I see. And how do you propose I do that?" Dan asks. He's growing tired of the discussion but keeps the frustration out of his voice with practised ease.

~~~~~~~~
"Sweet! Can you do that-" Makani makes a fast chopping motion with both paws. "Chopping thing they do with the fish? You know, where they have a knife in each hand and they twirl them around and everything?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I see. And how do you propose I do that?" Dan asks. He's growing tired of the discussion but keeps the frustration out of his voice with practised ease.
"Sir, the captain wants Beta and Asur to see the psychologist together tomorrow. This is a dangerous move. Beta shouldn't be alone with Asur, the only thing protecting him being a psychologist. You can tell the Captain that we are concerned for Beta's safety, and suggest either they be scheduled at different times of the day or that Beta be accompanied by a trusted guardian, not necessarily me. The Captain is mad at me, and likely thinks that Beta and I together are trouble. I can't imagine why." He joked, trying to lighten things a little bit before getting serious again. "Expressing concern for your employee's well-being is harmless. The risk of offense is in the suggestion of action. If she doesn't like the suggestion, then you can tell her it was my idea."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner looked at morgana and rubbed the back of his head some, "well i guess but not really my owner works as a vetrinarian and scientist and i usually help him.
"And is there anything you would like to do? I mean, something you really really want. Me..." she started counting on her fingertips with the tip of her tongue sticking out, "I thought about astronaut, Indian chief, Indian chef, Justice, Senator, huntress, Duchess, Queen...that should be all."
"well i never Gave it thought....i liked working to help people and others like you....." Niner said smiling
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sweet! Can you do that-" Makani makes a fast chopping motion with both paws. "Chopping thing they do with the fish? You know, where they have a knife in each hand and they twirl them around and everything?"

Flash's muzzle widened in a predatory grin. "I can do better than that." He grabbed his and his neighbor's knives and set them near his veggies plates...
Then, with a swift motion, the snow leopard tossed his plate in the air as far as possible! "HAY!" he said, grabbing the knives, and made a series of elegant figures tossing the knives from one paw to the other, all while the plate reached the height of its ascent...
...and then it fell, sideways, emptying its content toward the table, a promise of a mess...
"HA!" Flash's paws went in a blur as the plate first touched the table then landed back on its position...with the veggies now finely chopped resting on its surface.
"And served," Flash said, bowing slightly as his public applauded.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:"well i never Gave it thought....i liked working to help people and others like you....." Niner said smiling

The cat leaned against the cyborg fox. "Aw, so sweet. My own knight in shining circuitry and lab coat."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Makani applauds with the rest of the audience.
"That was incredible! How long did it take you to learn that?"

~~~~~~~~
"All right. I'll see what I can do. I'll let you know when I know more." Dan ends the call and has a brief conversation with Jo before approaching the captain. He waits until she appears relatively free before politely clearing his throat and excusing himself.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Makani applauds with the rest of the audience.
"That was incredible! How long did it take you to learn that?"
Flash blushed a bit in the ears. "Heh. Not much...but I'd have plenty of time to study and exercise. I was always fascinated by the Japanese chefs, they have a grace in food preparation, just like Italians with pizza."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"All right. I'll see what I can do. I'll let you know when I know more." Dan ends the call and has a brief conversation with Jo before approaching the captain. He waits until she appears relatively free before politely clearing his throat and excusing himself.
The woman lifted her head. "How can I help you?" she asked with polite formality, but one could perceive the strain in her voice.
Hotep the psychic

Niner smiled to the cat and wrapped an arm around her. "Heh...i dont know if im a knight princess" he said in response his tail wagging some.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner smiled to the cat and wrapped an arm around her. "Heh...i dont know if im a knight princess" he said in response his tail wagging some.
"Or you could assimilate me!" she said all of a sudden. "We could become a single supercyborg entity! Like in the japanese anime! Wouldn't that be cool?"
Hotep the psychic

Niner laughed as his tail wagged "you have quite an imagination but thats not possible yet. Though your just as vute as one of those grand idea girls already." he said patting morganas head gently.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's more a question of how I can help you. I wanted to assure you that there'll be a full investigation within my company to find out what happened and how best reparations can be made and by whom. Also... Tom is concerned about the appointment you've ordered for tomorrow morning. He feels it might be better to interview Asur and Beta individually first, just to preempt any further conflict. Of course, it's entirely your decision but I felt you ought to know the concerns of the involved parties."

~~~~~~~~
"Oh yeah. That dough-spinning thing is awesome! Can you do that too?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner laughed as his tail wagged "you have quite an imagination but thats not possible yet. Though your just as vute as one of those grand idea girls already." he said patting morganas head gently.
At that moment, she yawned. Rubbing her eyes, she said, "Do you sleep? I mean, sleep sleep, or do you just recharge?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"It's more a question of how I can help you. I wanted to assure you that there'll be a full investigation within my company to find out what happened and how best reparations can be made and by whom. Also... Tom is concerned about the appointment you've ordered for tomorrow morning. He feels it might be better to interview Asur and Beta individually first, just to preempt any further conflict. Of course, it's entirely your decision but I felt you ought to know the concerns of the involved parties."
Smith nodded. "I see what you mean. I also received a first report from Volken's top brasses. And...well, they say that Beta, in their eyes, looks like some borderline sociopath ready to maim and destroy whomever upsets him. Which I find extremely difficult to imagine." The woman looked at her interlocutor straight in his eyes. "Look, it's late, we are tired and it's been an...eventful night, to say the least, but in the end no one was hurt.
"Sooner or later, Asur and Beta will have to talk to each other, and I'd rather see them doing so under medical supervision rather than spewing venom about each other in different sessions. I decided to trust the ship's psychiatrist, so yes, I confirm the appointment for both of them, in the same room. And Asur's counterpart can deactivate him by remote, should the need arise, you can reassure Tom about that. Will that be all? I still need to coordinate the arrival of many, many rescue animals."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh yeah. That dough-spinning thing is awesome! Can you do that too?"
"Sure! Tomorrow I will show you: I already booked a class by one of the kitchens. I can't wait to prepare stuff at the tables."
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote: At that moment, she yawned. Rubbing her eyes, she said, "Do you sleep? I mean, sleep sleep, or do you just recharge?"
---
Niner chuckles "its both at the same time. Sleeping Recharges me" The fox said as he picks Morgana up and they both move back to the bed
ImageImageImage
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Tom had nothing to do but wait for word from his boss about what was going on.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Dan decides not to mention that contractually speaking he's also Volken's top brass.
"I shall have Tom and Beta author written statements of their view of what happened which I shall send to the psychiatrist tonight. This will hopefully serve as a preemptive measure for the psychiatrist as well as aiding my company with insurance matters should it be required. May I respectfully suggest you have Volken and Asur do the same? But yes, that is all. Thank you, ma'am." Dan bows slightly.

~~~~~~~~
"You gonna be a student or teacher?" Makani grins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You gonna be a student or teacher?" Makani grins.
"Oh, I want to teach, but first I must become a chef through and through. And since we animals live less than humans, I must work harder and faster. And I must get the cure for my condition as soon as possible or I will never be able to taste all the foods I need to do a proper formation
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm. Seems to be that you should get the cure before embarking on your training so you can taste everything you need to taste. Good chefs always taste. I learned that from Gordon Ramsay. So... Do you know what the cure actually entails, if you don't mind me asking?"

~~~~~~~~
Taking his leave of the captain, Dan seats himself beside his wife and ponders for a few minutes before activating his wristband.
"Call Dr. Thomas Stevenson."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Tom was waiting patiently to hear back from his boss when his phone rang. The caller id said it was Dan. "Hello, Boss. What did the captain say?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Have you had to do that often," Francis asked, following Tegan casually.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hmm. Seems to be that you should get the cure before embarking on your training so you can taste everything you need to taste. Good chefs always taste. I learned that from Gordon Ramsay. So... Do you know what the cure actually entails, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Well, stem cells mostly. if I got it right, they want to rewrite that part of my DNA that gets me sick on processed foods. It will be a slow process, though, and success is not guaranteed. In the meantime, I have an assistant to taste my stuff. I will introduce her to you if you want."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Have you had to do that often," Francis asked, following Tegan casually.
"More times that I care to remember," she said, pouting. "Definitely, not part of that 'adventurous life' I thought I'd live. But I hope to convince the boss to let me handle the newcomers, at least I'd interact with someone living and not a bunch of paper and streams of data."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh. Interesting. So... Are there any risks with that? Is it rewriting all your DNA or just the bits in your digestive tract?" Makani asks as a waiter takes away his empty desert plate and replaces it with a hot drink.

~~~~~~~~
"The captain is of the view that the psychiatrist will gain more benefit from seeing both together and that there are adequate control measures in place to prevent a recurrence of tonight's events. That said, I want you and Beta both to write statements of your views of events. I want you both to write them individually with no discussion or collaboration and send them direct to me. They'll be held in case they're needed for insurance purposes and I shall pass them on to the psychiatrist in order that they can preempt any issues. Volken and Asur will do the same."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Huh. Interesting. So... Are there any risks with that? Is it rewriting all your DNA or just the bits in your digestive tract?" Makani asks as a waiter takes away his empty desert plate and replaces it with a hot drink.
"Oh, it is risky, the doctors said that much. It could cause me a nasty case of cancer, but you know what? Worth it! I mean, I have been informed, well they gave me school lessons! And I know that someone, in the end, must decide and stand for it, whatever the cost. I have not been bred for this purpose, i have not been stolen from my land for this experiment. I suffer from a rare disease and I am willing to do what it takes to fight it. I am a prince, I shall not be rememberd for trying and mewing my way out of it."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"The captain is of the view that the psychiatrist will gain more benefit from seeing both together and that there are adequate control measures in place to prevent a recurrence of tonight's events. That said, I want you and Beta both to write statements of your views of events. I want you both to write them individually with no discussion or collaboration and send them direct to me. They'll be held in case they're needed for insurance purposes and I shall pass them on to the psychiatrist in order that they can preempt any issues. Volken and Asur will do the same."
Tom sighed. "Very well. Beta and I will have our statements written as soon as possible. When we are done, we will send them over to you. I would still feel more comfortable if he weren't alone. At the very least to have someone vouch for his character. Otherwise, it's one person's word against another's."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I don't think this is about impugning anyone's character. From how the captain talks about it I believe it's more about preempting any further incidents."

~~~~~~~~
Makani has his doubts but knows better than to voice them.
"Well,I wish you all the best of luck with it! That was quite a stirring speech too. You've a gift for it, I think."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Whether that's what this is about or not, knowing Volken's type and his company, they are going to try to deflect blame if only to keep from having to admit that something went wrong with their product, and to keep from having to make any changes. Anyway..." He said, getting to the actual plan he had. "Do you remember that lab mouse that escaped from genetic lab C? a little over two years ago?" he asked.
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

WEEK 2

"Are we there yet?" asked the lizard, as he leant on the glass of the panoramic dome
"No," answered the genet at his side, looking at the same endless sea expanse, arms folded behind his back.
"Are we there yet?"
"No."
The lizard sighed, leaning his head in frustration against the glass. "Are you going to get annoyed, sometime?"
"No. I am an Intel-Class AniDroid. I cannot get impatient or annoyed. It would interfere with my abilities to analyze--"
"I swear, Mr. Data would be more fun than you. At least he got an emotional chip and wanted to be human"
"In fact, Data was not performing at his optimal when the emotional chip was activated. And his attempts to be more human eventually led him to sacrifice his own life rather than seeking for a logical--"
"Look, if I just say that I hate you, will you shut up?"
"You have no reason to hate me, Asur: You are my counterpart as a Battlefield-Class AniDroid. We were made to be complementary and work together."
Another sigh. "Ok, Jemmy wiseguy. Since you mentioned work, it is time for our first serious meeting with the new guys. Management let them enjoy the free ride all this time, now they must be all comfy and ready."
The genet followed the lizard down the stairs as dawn slowly conceded to full daylight. "You are not supposed to battle-train them, remeber. Most of them already come from traumatic situations and survived as fighting animals. Our consulence regards teaching a selected corp to become a disciplined police force with a standard."
"Is there a reason you should remind me? I got a positronic memory as good as yours. And I remember Doctor Hell's instructions in regard. Especially the 'no maiming or killing' part."
"I am reminding you because you keep miscalling Doctor Volken's name, and because you look to impatient to start this new job."
"Hey, I make a living out of destroying, what's wrong with being a bit enthusiastic?"
---
"Are you awake?"
"No."
"Are you awake?"
"No."
"Would you wake up, then, your slithering majesty? It's minutes to daytime already!"
The python, all curled up in his bed, raised his head, eyes bliking in residual sleep. "Piper, it's been two weeks aboard, and no mob hitman tried to get us. Can you assume, for once, that no one will barge in and try to cook us? By the way, try to change nightmare: I lost my will to watch "Masterchef USA" forever."
The Military Macaw perching close to the snake's bed rolled his eyes. "Who's talking about mob hitmen? You really should start thinking about something els*eep!*" that last came when he suddenly found the HUMONGOUS mouth of his friend open in front of him -muffins and cookies, that slithering piece of Gucci could be *fast!*
"CHOMP!" went the mandibles as the parrot disappeared inside the mouth.
"NO SWALLOWING!" came the pleading cry from the snake's swollen mouth. "I WAS TALKING ABOUT RECRUITS, YA DUMMO!"
The mouth opened and Piper jumped back onto his perch. "Ew ew ew ew! I'll need five birdbaths before I'm presentable again. Thank you so much!"
"What did you say about recruits?"
Piper shook himself. "I'm talking about recruits, Macajuel! All those new rescue animals that are to be transferred to Meriweather Island? With some PR we could set up our own private force. Ain't that obvious?"
Mac regarded him with suspicion. "It ain't not. Why should they want to be our hitfurs? Those walkers want to live a happy life. And we have no money to offer them."
Piper's wings grabbed the snake's snout and held it close to his beak. "You forgot where we come from, scaly lummox? We've seen the likes of them by the *dozens*, and some of them were finely trained'n'tuned to guard their own tormentors. Some of them, especially the dogs, won't forget what it feels to be numero uno, the top dog, the alpha brawler. As I said, just the right words and the right motivation, and no one will treat us as chopped livers ever again. You in?"
Macajuel smiled. And it wasn't a pleasant sight to see.
---
Inside the bathroom of a standard luxury cabin, a certain black cat was sitting in the tub together with a sleeping dog, a Cathoula Cur. A sleeping AND snoring dog, as she kept washing him with a glove and a brush. And a lot of soap.
"Nesse, dear, do you need help in there?" came a woman's voice through the door.
"No, thank you mom!" she answered. She wrinkled again at the sensation of the clotty, stinking (though less, now) fur. "Though I think I'd do better by just shaving him and ask the human eggheads to have it regrown." she tapped the dog's head, envying his soda-induced sleep. "Hey, someone in there?"
---
Morgana Rozen blinked herself awake.
Found the sleeping fox huddling with her.
She fought the urge to go all squee. Instead she decided to give a light bite to one of those nommable ears of his. "'Morning, Niner. Slept well?"
---
At the Intel center of the ship, a veritable 'Special Agency' in its own right, a nervous-looking weimaraner was looking at the screen from behind the back of an orange female cat. "Still working on the rescued ones' files, Tegan? Heck, not even I could work around the clock like you,"
She paused to stretch and yawn. "Oh, I was finished with my part already, Zap. It's just that I found a possibly interesting furson here." She pointed at the screenshot. His yellow eyes run quick through the personal data. "Hmm, if you're right, this could be a life-changer for someone. Though it's hard to be sure. I mean, this guy has half of his past erased...think it's worth risking a boyfriend over a hunch?"
Tegan scratched her head. "I fear I would risk more by not saying anything or leaving a potential truth under the carpet." She took her phone and dialed Francis Devon's room.
---
"Are you absolutely sure about that, Mr. Spencers?"
"Yes, Mr. Foster. Unless, *you* changed idea, of course."
The man at the PC screen shook his head, "Perish the thought. I mean, it is perhaps the most radical career advancement I could think of for myself, but unlike you I am not a...politician. In fact, I tend to be more of a Mary Sue sometimes--Quit it you two!" he said to his two big black dogs, interrupting their 'innocent whistling'. Other two pets, a white male cat and an equally white female GSD, sitting on a chair, were biting their lips to barely cover a sarcastic smile.
The man in the screen smiled. "Mr. Foster..."
"Martin, please..." He then rolled his eyes in spite of himself. Dangit!
"Mr. Foster, I have told you and *only* you the reason I am going to quit my role as President of Meriweather Island and as CeO of my Firm. And I wouldn't do that if I wasn't sure of finding first a worthy successor. You will do good, the deity likes you already."
"That's a reassurance. I was never blessed by a god. And by the way, about that reason...I am glad you confided me this secret and...I am somehow envious. I wish I was in your place."
"I am sure you are. That is why I know you'll run things smooth, you have that open mind I need. You'll have valid counselors and assistants to keep you in check, so don't fear overstepping your boundaries."
Martin bowed his head. "Thank you, Sir. Now, I'll go visit the rescueés. With your permission."
The monitor turned off.
Martin sighed then buried his face in his hands. "I'm going to be one of the richest persons in the world and I am gonna manage an island under the watchful eyes of a god. Serves me right for thinking I could play my own little god."
One of the twin black dogs patted his back. "Hey, dad, it's okay. We'd be worried if you were optimist about it."
"Should that be of consolation?"
---
A certain snow leopard was busy buzzing the bell of a certiain Bombay Cat friend. "Makani! Makani! Makani! Makani! It's me, Flash Gordon Flash! Makani! Makani! Makani! C'mon, today starts the training of the rescue pets! It'll be awesome! And I spent the night cooking for the winners! Makani!"
---
A human finely dressed lightly rapped on the door.
"Doctor Avery? Sir, the first of your patients is here, if you are ready." Hiring an assistant had become a urgent necessity after the embarkment of over a hundred of rescue animals had taken place at the last moment. Basically, what had promised to be an interesting though not exciting job had turned into one heck of a test for the newly appointed ship's psychiatrist. Ever patient was a handbook case of what years of abuse to all levels could do to an innocent soul. The assistant himself often looked as if he wanted to hug them to console them, and only the knowledge that it could cost him an arm, an eye and something else prevented him from doing so...
Last edited by valerio on Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Morning found Francis with a screwdriver in his mouth as he worked to adjust the coffee machine in his room. The Latte setting wasn't working properly but it wasn't worth calling maintenance for something he could do in twenty... There was the commline! With dad out for an early meeting, he was alone and they couldn't have detected him doing work could they? He put the tool behind his back and answered the call. "Tegan," he said happily, using his best innocent voice, "what can I do for m'lady?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Morning found Francis with a screwdriver in his mouth as he worked to adjust the coffee machine in his room. The Latte setting wasn't working properly but it wasn't worth calling maintenance for something he could do in twenty... There was the commline! With dad out for an early meeting, he was alone and they couldn't have detected him doing work could they? He put the tool behind his back and answered the call. "Tegan," he said happily, using his best innocent voice, "what can I do for m'lady?"
"I can assure it does not have to do with you trying to fix a coffee machine by yourself. In fact, I find it very lovely, pets should be honing their skills. Just don't make it explode, please.
"As for the call, well...do you remember having any siblings?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:A certain snow leopard was busy buzzing the bell of a certiain Bombay Cat friend. "Makani! Makani! Makani! Makani! It's me, Flash Gordon Flash! Makani! Makani! Makani! C'mon, today starts the training of the rescue pets! It'll be awesome! And I spent the night cooking for the winners! Makani!"
"Mpph. Coming, coming!" As he hurries to the door, glucose monitor in one paw and sucking the blood away from the other, Makani is glad to have his own suite adjoining that of his parents so that they aren't disturbed by the racket. After a brief pause to check the camera, the cat awkwardly opens the door, trying not to smear the handle with blood.
"Morning, Flash! You're in fine form today." Makani glances down as his machine beeps.
"Ah. I really need to get some insulin into me. And then some breakfast. You up for a trip to the pharmacy?" the cat asks, leaving his door open as he packs his meter into his bumbag and pulls a prescription from a desk drawer.
"I meant to buy more last night but totally forgot because of that dance." he explains, buckling on his bumbag and watch.

~~~~~~~~
After a final check to ensure the ballroom is ready for the refugees, and that the pulpit is on the stage with the mic attached and working, Kelly and Todd head out onto the street to enjoy their small amount of free time before the day begins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Mpph. Coming, coming!" As he hurries to the door, glucose monitor in one paw and sucking the blood away from the other, Makani is glad to have his own suite adjoining that of his parents so that they aren't disturbed by the racket. After a brief pause to check the camera, the cat awkwardly opens the door, trying not to smear the handle with blood.
"Morning, Flash! You're in fine form today." Makani glances down as his machine beeps.
"Ah. I really need to get some insulin into me. And then some breakfast. You up for a trip to the pharmacy?" the cat asks, leaving his door open as he packs his meter into his bumbag and pulls a prescription from a desk drawer.
"I meant to buy more last night but totally forgot because of that dance." he explains, buckling on his bumbag and watch.
With a big grin, the snow leopard produced some Glucagon from his trousers. "Here you go! You said that I had to carry one with me if you needed it. But we can go to the pharmacy all the same, I need something for my tummy. I think I tried something I shouldn't have while cooking. Excuse me a moment, I know the way," he said before turning a funny shade of green and running toward the bathroom. The door closed behind him and unmistakeable sounds could be heard.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:After a final check to ensure the ballroom is ready for the refugees, and that the pulpit is on the stage with the mic attached and working, Kelly and Todd head out onto the street to enjoy their small amount of free time before the day begins.
"Hey there," said one of the vets, Elizabeth Rozen. "No rest for the wicked, I see. Would you like some breakfast? My treat, I'm just off shift."
Last edited by valerio on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, uh," Francis said, blinking and deciding to put the tool down before he cut his pads with it by accident, "it... it'd be news to me. I'd ask Dad but he's, um, out." His brow furrowed slightly. "So what brings on the question, Tegan?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, uh," Francis said, blinking and deciding to put the tool down before he cut his pads with it by accident, "it... it'd be news to me. I'd ask Dad but he's, um, out." His brow furrowed slightly. "So what brings on the question, Tegan?"
"Just the fact that we have this girl, who looks like your twin -but that can be common enough with cats- and claims her former family name was Devon. Oh, first name by Shayla. About your age. But to rule everything out, I'd need a DNA test and have to get permission to your owner."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, thanks. It's good you remembered that but- Flash?" Makani stops, holding the injector kit as the snow leopard disappears into the bathroom.
"Flash? You okay in there? D'you need me to call medical?"

~~~~~~~~
"No, thanks. We don't eat."
"Thank you for the offer, ma'am. But, er, what my colleague is trying to say is that as we are anidroids we do not require sustenance. However if you wish companionship or conversation during your meal then we would be glad to join you. We too are on break until shortly before the training begins."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters