Non HPU: Zootopia

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Pecan
Game Master

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Pecan »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Timmy! Hi!" Jannali all but squeals. She snaps her gloves into a bin and runs out of the booth, tackle-hugging the rabbit.
"I'm great! How are you? Oh, there's someone I want you to meet. Joe, c'mere! Timmy, this is Joe, my Maître d', manager, and one of my oldest and closest friends. Joe, this is Timmy Cotton."
"Wait. Not Kickback? Sweet! Pleased ta meetcha! Joeseph Gordon! But everyone calls me Joe." the wallaby grins, offering the rabbit a paw.
"Pleased to meet you as well, Joe!" Timmy responds eagerly, taking the offered paw in a handshake. He gives Jannali a slight teasing look as he adds, "I'd introduce myself, but it seems that was taken care of for me."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Let me guess," Ben chuckles. "You wanna try out the rides, right?"

~~~~~~~~
"Oh, don't blame Jannali. I already knew you from TV." Joe grins. "Jannali does talk an awful lot about you though. She was over the moon when she first met you. Your her third favourite goalie, you know."
"Oh, hush, Joe." Jannali blushes, shoving the wallaby playfully.
"Anyway, you hungry, Timmy? Perhaps you'll finally get that dinner I promised."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"When checking out local eating establishments," Bailey mentioned happily, "always trust the locals to know the better places."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Trust me, Jannali, there will always be a spot in my stomach for your food," Timmy answered, with a smile. "Seriously though, yes, I am starving! So, what are my options?"
Last edited by Pecan on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Let me guess," Ben chuckles. "You wanna try out the rides, right?"
rides, games, food," Chris replied. "anything that isn't books."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"When checking out local eating establishments," Bailey mentioned happily, "always trust the locals to know the better places."
"alright, let's go," Rick said beginning to lead him towards Jannali's booth. "by the way, are you into any genres other than crime novels?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Maybe save the food for after the rides." Ben advises. "I've seen far too many people doing it the other way around. It, er, never ends well, if you catch my meaning. So, what do you want to do first then?"

~~~~~~~~
"Well, I'll show you!" Jannali enthuses. She dodges back behind her table and gloves up again.
"We've got four seasonal dishes to choose from tonight, all prepared with the freshest and highest quality ingredients. All locally sourced too, of course. You can pick from roast pumpkin soup seasoned with paprika and a dollop of sour cream or a hearty, hand-picked wild mushroom stew, both of which are served with a fresh-baked bread roll, made right here on site in our portable, gas-fired oven." Jannali indicates the oven from which one of her assistants is pulling another tray of steaming rolls.
"Or, if you feel like finger-food we have a poached egg with seasonal mushrooms served on brioche toast, or a smoked salmon, mushroom and dijonnaise toasted sandwich. Both prepared, of course, with our own hand-made, fresh bread. So, what takes your fancy?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Bailey commented as he followed the leader to the food "with the exception of Romance novels I'm into all sorts. Sci-Fi, adventure, the works of J. T. Colgannet. Poets like Longfallow, Moleridge, Dylan Thomouse and classics like Mr Chickens or Kit Marlowe. A classical education at college amidst the frat parties."

(J.T. Colgan is the sci-fi persona of novelist Jenny Colgan. The other puns should all be self explanatory.)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

In a local cafe in Savannah Central, a small ferret was busily typing at his laptop on a thesis for one of his classes. He wondered how panicked he looked. "Just had to let that lioness convince you that the party be worth it didn't you Miles?" He grumbled to himself. He was lucky he'd already done all the research on the thing beforehand, even though he should have started proper on this thing a month ago. He rubbed his head a bit, the hangover still terrible. He rarely drank anyway, and the alcohol seemed to only take into account how much a lion could handle before they got drunk. His little body didn't stand a chance. He stopped for a bit taking a sip of his coffee, looking around the area... as usual, savannah central had a way of making him feel small. Lions, gazelles, hyenas all around, and he barely came up to their knees. He wondered if it was easier for the rodents, they often had little areas made just for them in places like this... he brought up another document on his laptop with that thought, knowing it might be a useful idea to consider for a future paper.

He felt his phone start to buzz in his pocket, and groaned pulling it out, rubbing his temple a bit as he looked over an image that... he blinked a bit, the pic was old based on the pic, but he recognized the location, the savannah's rec center. A creature without fur anywhere on it but it's head was present in the background, just large enough to be noticed... the mythic cryptid that was the human. He started to toss his stuff into his bag and rushed out the door. The rec center was just a block away so he quickly arrived at the area. His heart sank a little as he saw a small spot setup selling Costumes, the human outfit clearly visible. "Knew it was too good to be true." Despite the disappointment, he started to walk forward to the fair, deciding he might see if there was anything interesting happening during the fair, knowing it wouldn't go on forever. His stomach growled a bit as he smelled a bit of the food, he looked over some of the food stands, hoping but not expecting to find something that wasn't too expensive.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Maybe save the food for after the rides." Ben advises. "I've seen far too many people doing it the other way around. It, er, never ends well, if you catch my meaning. So, what do you want to do first then?"
"ooh, good idea," Chris answered, thinking about what she wants to do. "hmm, what's the most extreme ride we have here?"
----------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Bailey commented as he followed the leader to the food "with the exception of Romance novels I'm into all sorts. Sci-Fi, adventure, the works of J. T. Colgannet. Poets like Longfallow, Moleridge, Dylan Thomouse and classics like Mr Chickens or Kit Marlowe. A classical education at college amidst the frat parties."

(J.T. Colgan is the sci-fi persona of novelist Jenny Colgan. The other puns should all be self explanatory.)
"wow. You're lot more cultured than i am," Rick said. "I'm mostly into the sci-fi and fantasy genres. y'know, George R.R . Marten, Jules Tern, J.R.R. Volekein, Neil Neighman," he listed off. "I've read some classics and poetry, but those guys are my real inspirations while writing."

(OOC: i was gonna call you out on using birds when we only see mammals in Zootopia, but this rhyming thing is hard -_-; )
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"And yet," Bailey added chirpily, "with all that knowledge, I still have to ask for help here. Knowledge is nothing without experience."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Oh geez, it all sounds amazing!" Timmy exclaimed, letting the scent of the food once again pull his nose into heaven. "I think I wanna try the poached egg though. I do have to ask though," he scratched behind his ear a bit in embarrassment, "what is Brioche? I'm pretty sure I've heard the word, but I have no idea what it actually is. Well," here he laughed slightly, "besides it being a baked good."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Order in! One poached egg!" Jannali calls to her team.
"One poached egg, Chef!" Danni the wombat answers, expertly cracking an egg into a bubbling saucepan.
"Order in! Two pumpkins!" Joe calls, having just taken money from a pair of tourists.
"Two pumpkins, Joe!" Pete the koala acknowledges. He looks somewhat comedic, his large ears straining his hairnet to the limit.
"Brioche is technically a kind of pastry but it's very bread-like." Jannali explains, absently picking up her knife and expertly slicing the salmon again. "It's often used in place of true bread especially when toasted because it has a much richer flavour than bread due to the eggs and butter in it." Once a second slab of salmon is sliced, Jannali passes the meat on to one of her helpers before degloving. Then after checking that Timmy's food is prepared to her satisfaction, the bilby personally hands it to him. The presentation is slightly marred by the fact that it's on a paper plate but Jannali is in no doubt that all the aromas and flavours are perfect. The freshly toasted brioche will crunch as it's cut and the egg is poached just enough that the yolk will ooze out when it's sliced. The mushrooms are the at the perfect balance between tenderness and crispness and the salt and pepper seasoning brings all the flavours together in a heavenly blend.
"You'd get proper cutlery in my restaurant but as it's a festival these will have to do." she smiles awkwardly as she offers the rabbit a plastic knife and fork. "S-sorry about that."

~~~~~~~~
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"ooh, good idea," Chris answered, thinking about what she wants to do. "hmm, what's the most extreme ride we have here?"
"Well, that'd be either the Reverse Bungee or the Zipper although I hear the rollercoaster is good too, albeit short. There's also the Kamikaze but that's really just a giant pirate ship ride that goes full circle."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

After a bit of walking around Miles picks up on the smell of Jannali’s food... licking his lips a bit, he figured the light line was worth at least checking out. Most of the customers were larger or about his size, a small part of him wishing they were all the former. He chuckles thinking of all the times he’d been able to cut in line in the college cafeteria. With most students being locals like Gazelles and Lions, he could easily scamper under their legs and they’d be none the wiser that he’d only moments ago been behind them. Still, in college that was done partially due to needing to save time so he could have plenty of it for eating between classes, he’d have no excuse for being rude otherwise
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, that'd be either the Reverse Bungee or the Zipper although I hear the rollercoaster is good too, albeit short. There's also the Kamikaze but that's really just a giant pirate ship ride that goes full circle."
"ooh, the reverse bungee sounds good," Chris decided. "Let's do that first."
-------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"And yet," Bailey added chirpily, "with all that knowledge, I still have to ask for help here. Knowledge is nothing without experience."
"well you probably have me beat on experience, too," Rick chuckled. "I moved here from a small town and spend most of my time here or at the bookstore. I only ever really go out when my roommate drags me."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Miles snuck a peek ahead in line, wondering if the food looked as good as it smelled... “wait is that?” He pulled out his phone and quickly did a search for Tundratown Twisters current teams. As soon as he spotted the ring around one of the eyes on the rabbit, his eyes lit up a bit. Growing up, he hadn’t had much interest in sports, with a general exception coming from soccer. He and his older brother Morales had decided to become “fans” of the tundratown team just to tick their dad off, who had let slip he used to date someone who ended up marrying one of the players. That cheekiness had developed into actual interest in the team, Timmy the kickback being no exception to their fanboying despite being one of the more recent members. He quickly began searching his bag for a pen, determined to have something to show off to his brother before the rabbit disappeared.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Bailey confided, "You're still ahead of myself. I only arrived here a few days ago, looking for... inspiration in the creative arts."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Dawn arrived at the Fall Equinex festival as a freelance reporter, hoping to write a piece about her experience on her blog, maybe take some pictures and even meet some of the locals. Being from Tundratown, she wore a sleeveless, buttoned up light blue shirt, and a matching skirt that allowed her tail to move.

Notepad in hand, pencil in other she began to jot down notes before putting her pad away in her purse. "Wow they really went all out this year..." She took in the sights, the sound and looked around at the stands. Her glasses were held snuggly against her muzzle.

She wasn't too terribly hungry at the moment, but gravitated towards a particular book stand. Lingering there she browsed a little bit before looking over as she noticed a certain Main Coone. "Bailey is that you?" Dawn asked, walking over towards him. "It's me, Dawn. Remember?"
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Timmy shook his head softly, laughing lightly as he let the aroma of the meal before him enamor his very being. "Don't worry, I'm sure the smell and taste alone will help me get over it", he joked, with a wink at the cook. "Thanks for the food; and the food lesson," He added, sitting at a nearby table. "It really does smell good."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bailey smiled outwardly but grimaced a little inside as she approached. "Hello, Dawn," he said, giving the whitefur a hug, "haven't seen you since we did the English course at Uni. Have you been published yet? I'm still trying to get a book out," he added with a wink before letting her go. "My friend here - Rick wasn't it - was just taking me to a recommended food place. Want to come with?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're welcome." Jannali smiles.
"D-did you want a drink to go with it? W-we have some cans in the esky there." the bilby nods towards a large cooler at her booth with a sign in front proclaiming that cans are just one buck each.

~~~~~~~~
"You're on! It's this way. Just follow the sound of screams!" Ben grins, leading Chris down a path towards a pair of tall towers visible over the crowd between which a small car bounces and gyrates wildly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Pecan wrote:Timmy shook his head softly, laughing lightly as he let the aroma of the meal before him enamor his very being. "Don't worry, I'm sure the smell and taste alone will help me get over it", he joked, with a wink at the cook. "Thanks for the food; and the food lesson," He added, sitting at a nearby table. "It really does smell good."
Both Timmy and the cook would soon notice Miles come up behind him, nervously shaking but his eyes glimmered with excitement. ”Um, Mr... Mr. Timothy Cotton?” He prayed he wasn’t being too formal right before shoving a pen... and a school notebook of all things as he’d had nothing else. “my brother and I are... we’re really big fans of you and your team. Sorry if it’s a bad time, but would you mind signing this?” The Ferret tried his best to smile, really hoping the rabbit was used to fans like him.
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Bailey smiled outwardly but grimaced a little inside as she approached. "Hello, Dawn," he said, giving the whitefur a hug, "haven't seen you since we did the English course at Uni. Have you been published yet? I'm still trying to get a book out," he added with a wink before letting her go. "My friend here - Rick wasn't it - was just taking me to a recommended food place. Want to come with?"
Dawn blushed, but without hesitation she accepted Bailey's offer. "I'd be delighted." She smiled softly and returned the hug as she giggled at the wink. "Oh Bailey....it's been years. How are you?" Her tail seemed to fluff out if but a little, as she thought about his question.

"I worked for the Daily Howl for awhile, so while not a book per say I have written articles for the paper. What about you? Still working on your book?" She asked as she chuckled a bit nervously, her blue eyes looking away from his for a split second or so. Luckily, Dawn hadn't forgotten how immature she was in her freshman college days.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Bailey smiled outwardly but grimaced a little inside as she approached. "Hello, Dawn," he said, giving the whitefur a hug, "haven't seen you since we did the English course at Uni. Have you been published yet? I'm still trying to get a book out," he added with a wink before letting her go. "My friend here - Rick wasn't it - was just taking me to a recommended food place. Want to come with?"
"yeah, Rick Dickens, he said offering a hoof to the fox.
-------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"You're on! It's this way. Just follow the sound of screams!" Ben grins, leading Chris down a path towards a pair of tall towers visible over the crowd between which a small car bounces and gyrates wildly.
"haha, awesome," Chris said running towards the ride. "Looks even cooler than actual bungee jumping."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I'll get a book out one day," Bailey admitted. "In the meantime I'm doing what work I can," he added, doing his best not to lie. "Did six months writing poems for greetings cards. That was... fun," he added, grimacing under a chuckle. "Anyhow, onwards to consumables."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "yeah, Rick Dickens, he said offering a hoof to the fox.
-------------
Dawn graciously took the hoof and gave it a firm pawshake. "Charmed. I'm Dawn Faraday. Pronouced Fair-a-day but you can call me Dawn."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, I'll get a book out one day," Bailey admitted. "In the meantime I'm doing what work I can," he added, doing his best not to lie. "Did six months writing poems for greetings cards. That was... fun," he added, grimacing under a chuckle. "Anyhow, onwards to consumables."
Dawn looked over towards Bailey and felt something was....off but she thought it best not to press the issue. "You were always good with words, if I recall. A very creative writer if I remember that English class from Uni correctly." Dawn had complimented Bailey before looking over to ask, a soft cough to break the tension.

"Where are we eating?" The fox asked.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You're welcome." Jannali smiles.
"D-did you want a drink to go with it? W-we have some cans in the esky there." the bilby nods towards a large cooler at her booth with a sign in front proclaiming that cans are just one buck each.
"Well, I really shouldn't, but it is a special occasion..." the rabbit pondered a bit before nodding, reaching for his wallet. "Do you happen to have 9-up in there?"
Gameb18oy wrote:Both Timmy and the cook would soon notice Miles come up behind him, nervously shaking but his eyes glimmered with excitement. ”Um, Mr... Mr. Timothy Cotton?” He prayed he wasn’t being too formal right before shoving a pen... and a school notebook of all things as he’d had nothing else. “my brother and I are... we’re really big fans of you and your team. Sorry if it’s a bad time, but would you mind signing this?” The Ferret tried his best to smile, really hoping the rabbit was used to fans like him.
Timmy turned at the sound of the voice behind him, and took a second to register what it had said. "Oh, hey! Sure, I can do that real quick," he confirmed, taking the pen in question, though curiously not taking the notebook. He then opens his wallet, digging around in it fore a few seconds, before pulling out two dollars and a sports card (with him on it). He signs the sports card with the taken pen (his signature almost comically loopy), before handing both items to the ferret. "I uh, keep a stack of these in here with me because I know how it feels to want an autograph but not have anything to be signed. I hope that's alright." He then turns back to Jannali, and hands her the 2 dollars. "And this is for you, Jannali. The second dollar is so you can have a can too... er, if you want, that is."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Pecan wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Both Timmy and the cook would soon notice Miles come up behind him, nervously shaking but his eyes glimmered with excitement. ”Um, Mr... Mr. Timothy Cotton?” He prayed he wasn’t being too formal right before shoving a pen... and a school notebook of all things as he’d had nothing else. “my brother and I are... we’re really big fans of you and your team. Sorry if it’s a bad time, but would you mind signing this?” The Ferret tried his best to smile, really hoping the rabbit was used to fans like him.
Timmy turned at the sound of the voice behind him, and took a second to register what it had said. "Oh, hey! Sure, I can do that real quick," he confirmed, taking the pen in question, though curiously not taking the notebook. He then opens his wallet, digging around in it fore a few seconds, before pulling out two dollars and a sports card (with him on it). He signs the sports card with the taken pen (his signature almost comically loopy), before handing both items to the ferret. "I uh, keep a stack of these in here with me because I know how it feels to want an autograph but not have anything to be signed. I hope that's alright." He then turns back to Jannali, and hands her the 2 dollars. "And this is for you, Jannali. The second dollar is so you can have a can too... er, if you want, that is."
The look of glee on Miles face was evident as he took the card... he got a plastic bag that had once contained some of his lunch and dumped the crumbs out of it on the dirt floor, not trusting his hands not to rub off the ink by accident. "Th-thank you so much! ... um, are any of your teammates here at the fair? I was really only here because I saw some... he pauses, not wanting to let "the kickback" know his weird hobby so soon after meeting him. "some neat photos of this fair online. It might give me something to do after I get a meal here if so." It felt rude to focus on the team as a whole though, so he brought up a highlight of one of the kickback's game. "How'd you manage to block all those shots the Rainforest 's team sent to you last game? I'm surprised you didn't come up from those kicks looking black and blue."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Do I have- Of course I do! What kind of restaurant doesn't serve 9-Up?" Jannali grins.
"But I don't want your money. This one's on me, remember? I owe you and I did promise." Jannali hands the money back along with the can of drink.
"I think Joe needs me." she says, catching a glance from the wallaby. "Do let me know how the food is when you're done though."
The bilby heads back into her stall and is soon absorbed in the business of feeding the masses.

~~~~~~~~
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"haha, awesome," Chris said running towards the ride. "Looks even cooler than actual bungee jumping."
"Yeah!" Ben agrees, scurrying to keep up with the much taller serow.
"The motion is much less predictable! Plus you don't know exactly when you're gonna be launched so you can't brace yourself. It's awesome!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, I'm not totally sure," Bailey replied, offering Dawn his hand without really thinking about it. It just seemed the gallant thing to do. "Rick's taking us to one of his friends that's running a stall."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Dawn graciously took the hoof and gave it a firm pawshake. "Charmed. I'm Dawn Faraday. Pronouced Fair-a-day but you can call me Dawn."
"pleased to meet you," he said before continuing to lead the way.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, I'm not totally sure," Bailey replied, offering Dawn his hand without really thinking about it. It just seemed the gallant thing to do. "Rick's taking us to one of his friends that's running a stall."
"I think her stall is..." Rick said looking around. "over here, he exclaimed as he lead them to the booth. "there my be a slight wait, seems pretty busy."
----------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah!" Ben agrees, scurrying to keep up with the much taller serow.
"The motion is much less predictable! Plus you don't know exactly when you're gonna be launched so you can't brace yourself. It's awesome!"
"well then what are we waiting for, let's get on," she exclaimed, hopping into the line.
(OOC: Lines: the RP)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, I'm not totally sure," Bailey replied, offering Dawn his hand without really thinking about it. It just seemed the gallant thing to do. "Rick's taking us to one of his friends that's running a stall."
"I think her stall is..." Rick said looking around. "over here, he exclaimed as he lead them to the booth. "there my be a slight wait, seems pretty busy."
Dawn gladly took Bailey's hand in her own taking the gesture before looking over at Rick. "Thank you, Rick. I'll probably try and check out that bookstand over there when we're done eating." The fox told Rick before looking back over to Bailey, her blue eyes gazing into his.

"So, should I consider this a date?" She asked, clearly a playful teasing gest in her voice as she giggled, gladly holding his hand by her side.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, excellent," Bailey told Rick, feeling the warmth of Dawn's hand in his, "a queue tends to mean quality." He coughed when he heard Dawns' comment and took a moment to recover his composure before looking back at Dawn. "I would have thought a Date with you would need a restaurant, Dawn," he asked. "But we could do that later?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, excellent," Bailey told Rick, feeling the warmth of Dawn's hand in his, "a queue tends to mean quality." He coughed when he heard Dawns' comment and took a moment to recover his composure before looking back at Dawn. "I would have thought a Date with you would need a restaurant, Dawn," he asked. "But we could do that later?"
"I don't want to be a third wheel," Rick chimed in. "but if you like the food, you can go to jannali's actual restaurant for the date."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Do I have- Of course I do! What kind of restaurant doesn't serve 9-Up?" Jannali grins.
"But I don't want your money. This one's on me, remember? I owe you and I did promise." Jannali hands the money back along with the can of drink.
"I think Joe needs me." she says, catching a glance from the wallaby. "Do let me know how the food is when you're done though."
The bilby heads back into her stall and is soon absorbed in the business of feeding the masses.
Smiling, the rabbit puts the money back in his wallet. "Don't worry, I'll be sure to give you my accolades afterwards," He answers towards her retreating form.
Gameb18oy wrote:The look of glee on Miles face was evident as he took the card... he got a plastic bag that had once contained some of his lunch and dumped the crumbs out of it on the dirt floor, not trusting his hands not to rub off the ink by accident. "Th-thank you so much! ... um, are any of your teammates here at the fair? I was really only here because I saw some... he pauses, not wanting to let "the kickback" know his weird hobby so soon after meeting him. "some neat photos of this fair online. It might give me something to do after I get a meal here if so." It felt rude to focus on the team as a whole though, so he brought up a highlight of one of the kickback's game. "How'd you manage to block all those shots the Rainforest 's team sent to you last game? I'm surprised you didn't come up from those kicks looking black and blue."
"I wouldn't know if any of my teammates are here, unfortunately," Timmy shrugs as he states this, an apologetic look on his face. "I'm not actually here as a part of a team function or anything; I'm actually a member of the Rec Center that's in charge of the event, figured I'd just come and have fun. As for the game..." Here he gave an over exaggerated glance around, before continuing in a just-as-over-exaggerated whisper, "I actually spent a good few hours with an ice pack after that game. It wasn't quite black and blue, but I definitely had a bruise forming from one of the shots."

He takes a bite after saying this, and closes his eyes in bliss. After chewing and swallowing, he let's out a content sigh. "It tastes even better than it smells! Amazing..."
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, excellent," Bailey told Rick, feeling the warmth of Dawn's hand in his, "a queue tends to mean quality." He coughed when he heard Dawns' comment and took a moment to recover his composure before looking back at Dawn. "I would have thought a Date with you would need a restaurant, Dawn," he asked. "But we could do that later?"
"Oh uhm.." Dawn looked surprised, as she adjusted the glasses on her muzzle to draw away from the faint blush on her cheeks. She was good at hiding her composure for the most part as she ran her paw through her hair. She gave a short cough to break the tension."Yes, yes of course, a proper date requires a proper setting." However her tail seemed to betray her excitement as it wagged ever so slightly to and fro. She glanced at her watch, then back at Bailey.

"Later sounds perfect." She gave Bailey a soft smile.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "I don't want to be a third wheel," Rick chimed in. "but if you like the food, you can go to jannali's actual restaurant for the date."
The arctic fox looked back at Rick. "Where would that be, exactly?" Is it anywhere nearby? I'm not from around here."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, we'll sort out the details later," Bailey said, giving Dawn's hand a little squeeze. "ANd thank you, Rick," he added, "I'll probably act on that suggestion. Residents know the best real restaurants, after all."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Over in the stall, Jannali notices Timmy trying the food and flashes him a smile when she sees the pleasure on his face. She's soon distracted by her next customers though.
"G'day, Rick! How are you tonight? Enjoying the fair?"

~~~~~~~~
Grinning, Ben takes his place beside Chris.
"Yeah! This is gonna be awesome! Feel free to hold my paw if you get scared." he teases playfully.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"G'day, Rick! How are you tonight? Enjoying the fair?"
"Well i was kind of busy helping to run a booth for work til a little bit ago," Rick said. "But I made some new friends that wanted to try some good local food, so here we are. This is Bailey and Dawn."
-----------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah! This is gonna be awesome! Feel free to hold my paw if you get scared." he teases playfully.
"aww, Ben. If you need to pretend I'm the scared one to make yourself feel better, that's fine by me," Chris ribbed back
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"G'day, Rick! How are you tonight? Enjoying the fair?"
"Well i was kind of busy helping to run a booth for work til a little bit ago," Rick said. "But I made some new friends that wanted to try some good local food, so here we are. This is Bailey and Dawn."
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Dawn held out her paw for a small handshake. Of course Dawn's nose picked up on the smell of some of the food cooking.

"Is that salmon I'm smelling?" Dawn of course, loved fish. Being from Tundratowm fish was a common mainstay in her household. Her tail was fluffed out slightly but she kept it down so as not to give a bad impression but she was excited. She looked over at Bailey. "This is going to be great." She gave his hand a playfulsqueeze almost forgetting why she was actually here.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Pecan wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:The look of glee on Miles face was evident as he took the card... he got a plastic bag that had once contained some of his lunch and dumped the crumbs out of it on the dirt floor, not trusting his hands not to rub off the ink by accident. "Th-thank you so much! ... um, are any of your teammates here at the fair? I was really only here because I saw some... he pauses, not wanting to let "the kickback" know his weird hobby so soon after meeting him. "some neat photos of this fair online. It might give me something to do after I get a meal here if so." It felt rude to focus on the team as a whole though, so he brought up a highlight of one of the kickback's game. "How'd you manage to block all those shots the Rainforest 's team sent to you last game? I'm surprised you didn't come up from those kicks looking black and blue."
"I wouldn't know if any of my teammates are here, unfortunately," Timmy shrugs as he states this, an apologetic look on his face. "I'm not actually here as a part of a team function or anything; I'm actually a member of the Rec Center that's in charge of the event, figured I'd just come and have fun. As for the game..." Here he gave an over exaggerated glance around, before continuing in a just-as-over-exaggerated whisper, "I actually spent a good few hours with an ice pack after that game. It wasn't quite black and blue, but I definitely had a bruise forming from one of the shots."

He takes a bite after saying this, and closes his eyes in bliss. After chewing and swallowing, he let's out a content sigh. "It tastes even better than it smells! Amazing..."
Miles nods as he got a whiff of the food... “um, how long did you wait in line for it? Being honest... I probably shouldn’t stay here at the fair for long, I’ve still got a project in a few weeks.” He considers asking a rather selfishly motivated question. “Does the rec center pay well? I’d love to see about working at it if so”