Non HPU: Zootopia

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, you wanna try it, Rick, Chris, Timmy? We four could have a game. There's a good paintball field in Meadowlands run by a friend of mine, a fox who goes by the nickname 'Red'. He has all the gear there for rental too so it doesn't matter if you don't have any gear already." Ben suggests excitedly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Sounds great, let's do it," Chris exclaimed.
Rick sighed. "I guess I'll come along. It only hurts a little right?"
"won't hurt at all if you don't get hit."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Sure, I wouldn't mind a game. Though, I do have to ask, does your friend just have rentals, or does he have some new gear for sale as well?" Timmy asked, a smile on his face. "I can rent for now, but if I get into this, it'd be better to have my own gear sooner rather than later."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure, he has some but it's a little limited. The best place to buy paintball gear is at Abe's Workshop over in Tundra Town. Abe's a polar bear and paintball fanatic. He has a bit of a temper at times but he's a great guy, really. And his shop has absolutely everything you could need for the sport. Plus he does repairs and custom jobs. Does anyone want a lift across? Er... Sorry, Chris. I don't think you'll fit in my truck though... Oh hey, look who's back." Smiling, the weasel nods at a certain bilby approaching across the grass.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sure, he has some but it's a little limited. The best place to buy paintball gear is at Abe's Workshop over in Tundra Town. Abe's a polar bear and paintball fanatic. He has a bit of a temper at times but he's a great guy, really. And his shop has absolutely everything you could need for the sport. Plus he does repairs and custom jobs. Does anyone want a lift across? Er... Sorry, Chris. I don't think you'll fit in my truck though... Oh hey, look who's back." Smiling, the weasel nods at a certain bilby approaching across the grass.

Foxy has been stewing in his truck, waiting at the front door for some time now...........
finally he goes back in to see what now could possibly holding everyone else up.

I take it, the tour into the unknown past of ghost and goblins has fallen upon dark times..
So what might the current flavor of activity has been decided upon at this moment?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Timmy sat nodding at Ben's advice and descriptions. The store being in Tundra Town was an advantage, as he was there often enough for practice. It was even possible someone from the team knew about it, and could show him around.

His contemplation on the store in question ended abruptly once he processed Ben's last statement. Following the Weasel's gaze, his eyes lit up in relief as he saw the Bilby's approach. "Jannali!" he cried, getting up from his seat to meet her halfway. "Hey! You feeling any better?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:Foxy has been stewing in his truck, waiting at the front door for some time now...........
finally he goes back in to see what now could possibly holding everyone else up.

I take it, the tour into the unknown past of ghost and goblins has fallen upon dark times..
So what might the current flavor of activity has been decided upon at this moment?
"well, we were gonna try some paintball if you're interested," Chris told the canid.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "well, we were gonna try some paintball if you're interested," Chris told the canid.

Paintball?
Tilting his head off to the side...
Just what is this?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh! H-hi, Timmy! Um, y-yeah, I'm okay, thanks. Um... L-listen... Thanks for your help b-back there... I could have w-walked straight into thr traffic. By all reports y-you saved me. Y-you're a hero." So saying the bilby hugs the rabbit and then surprises herself by kissing him on the cheek.

~~~~~~~~
"Paintball? It's a sport. You get a marker - that's slang for an air-powered gun - and you shoot little pellets of paint at your opponents. If you get paint on you more than an inch in diameter then you're out. There's different ways to play - last creature standing, capture the flag, et cetera. All depends what you want to do. You game for giving it a try?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Paintball? It's a sport. You get a marker - that's slang for an air-powered gun - and you shoot little pellets of paint at your opponents. If you get paint on you more than an inch in diameter then you're out. There's different ways to play - last creature standing, capture the flag, et cetera. All depends what you want to do. You game for giving it a try?"

Foxy nods, and listens to what paintball is, and how is it done..
With an ever more horrific look appearing across his face..
Until he is backing away, with his bushed out tail firmly up between his legs, showing his teeth in fear..

y-You... You d-d-do that? he shudders..
THAT! was the very same way, I was made to go SAVAGE!!!
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Well, thanks for the praise, but there's no need, really." The soccer star rubbed the back of his head, his eyes closed and a light blush on his cheek, even as Jannali hugged him, "I couldn't stand there and let-"
He stops mid sentence as he felt something on his face. His eyes shot open, and he saw the bilby retreating from his cheek. 'Did... did she just...' He simply stood their for a few moments, the blush on his cheek much brighter now, before realizing how he must look, before clearing his throat and finally speaking again. "Um... Yeah. I could never just let you get hurt."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. S-sorry..." Ben replies, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "I-I didn't realise... I guess that was a bit insensitive... I-if it's any consolation, the guns used to turn people savage weren't paintball guns... In fact, as far as I know, no one was ever turned on a paintball field... But I totally understand if you don't want to go. We could do something different..."

In actual fact, Ben knows full well that Foxy was "turned" but his acting skills and training help him to hide that knowledge. He'd been involved in the investigation when the crisis was unfolding, particularly into the corruption in the office of the mayor, but his team had been beaten to the punch by the Zootopia Police Department. It would have been bad press had anyone known that his team existed. They'd gotten their own back tying up loose ends after the event though.

~~~~~~~~
Jannali blushes heavily as soon as she realises what he's done and claps her paws to her mouth.
"I-I-I-I'm so sorry! Th-that was far too forward of me, wasn't it? I'm s-so sorry!"

(Slight spoiler for the movie under the tags. Read at your own peril!)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:y-You... You d-d-do that? he shudders..
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. S-sorry..." Ben replies, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "I-I didn't realise... I guess that was a bit insensitive... I-if it's any consolation, the guns used to turn people savage weren't paintball guns... In fact, as far as I know, no one was ever turned on a paintball field... But I totally understand if you don't want to go. We could do something different..."[/color]
yeesh Chris thought. "yeah, I can't even begin to imagine how you'd feel in that environment," she said.
"I'm fine with doing something that wouldn't probably hurt me," Rick chimed in
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"N-no, it's okay, I'm not upset or anything! It was heat of the moment, I get it! I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it!" The rabbit frantically waved it off, trying to calm Jannali down, before his eyes widened even more. "U-unless you did mean something by it, and I'm being a jerk making it seem like nothing! I'm sorry, I'm not trying to imply the gesture wasn't appreciated or anything, on the contrary! I'm glad you did it!" His eyes were shut at this point, but they popped open yet again as he kept going. "The gesture, I mean! Not the kiss! Er, I mean..."
After a couple minutes' worth of rambling of this nature, Timmy finally stopped himself, and took a deep breath. He managed to get himself down from the miniature panic he had worked up, though the blush still remained on his face. "Okay..." he finally got out. "I'm just... gonna stop talking. I'm probably not making you feel any better, sorry."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Keeshah wrote:y-You... You d-d-do that? he shudders..
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. S-sorry..." Ben replies, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "I-I didn't realise... I guess that was a bit insensitive... I-if it's any consolation, the guns used to turn people savage weren't paintball guns... In fact, as far as I know, no one was ever turned on a paintball field... But I totally understand if you don't want to go. We could do something different..."[/color]
yeesh Chris thought. "yeah, I can't even begin to imagine how you'd feel in that environment," she said.
"I'm fine with doing something that wouldn't probably hurt me," Rick chimed in

Foxy was quite freaked out.. ten even more-so when he realizes he has spilled the beans as being one of the few who went mindless and savage..
After quite of a bit of a long awkward pause..
I Umm.. I guess i could try it..
Facing up to ones fears, and all of that..
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Only if you're sure you want to. You really don't have to." Ben assures Foxy.

~~~~~~~~
Although she's been holding a straight face Jannali can't help but let out a giggle when Timmy stops talking.
"It's fine. That was cute." she smiles. "Um... S-Say, Timmy...?" She pauses for a moment, looking for the words.
"C-Can I have my purse back, please?" she queries eventually, stalling.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Your- Oh, yes, your purse!" Timmy nodded, before he took the object from off his arm. "I have it right here, haven't let go of it once." He handed the purse back to Jannali, before his mind catches up to what she said before asking for it back.
'Wait, did she say...' His eyes widened as he realized just what word she had used. "Um, did you just say..." the rabbit went to inquire on her word choice, before thinking better of it. It wasn't as big of a deal to him as it was to some other rabbits, and she hadn't technically called him that, just his actions. Besides, it was compliment, and wasn't unwelcome; quite the opposite. "...er, nevermind. Anyway, yeah, I kept good care of it," he continued.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:Foxy was quite freaked out.. ten even more-so when he realizes he has spilled the beans as being one of the few who went mindless and savage..
"That's the Spirit," Chris said enthusiastically. "Just... let us know if you get too uncomfortable."
"You never care when I say I'm uncomfortable," Rick said.
"Cause you're just being no fun."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Foxy was quite freaked out.. ten even more-so when he realizes he has spilled the beans as being one of the few who went mindless and savage..
"That's the Spirit," Chris said enthusiastically. "Just... let us know if you get too uncomfortable."
"You never care when I say I'm uncomfortable," Rick said.
"Cause you're just being no fun."

Foxy was still sweating bullets, very distressed at what he was about to go do..
wondering if he was going to have flashbacks to having been savage.. actually remembering what he did while savage,,
An just why is he no fun?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, Chris. Why is he no fun?" Ben grins cheekily.

~~~~~~~~
"Thanks, Timmy." Jannali smiles, hooking it over her own arm.
"S-say, Timmy?" She pauses a moment and then rummages in the purse, pulling out a small notepad and pen.
"C-could I have your autograph?" she asks shyly. Come on, Jannali, just ask! The worst that can happen is he'll say no! she chides herself internally.
"Um... T-Timmy? A-About earlier...? Um... The g-gesture? A-and k-kiss. Um..." The bilby pauses again and takes a deep breath.
"D-d-did you want it to mean something?" she blurts quickly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:An just why is he no fun?
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, Chris. Why is he no fun?" Ben grins cheekily.
"I don't know why, guess some people are just born boring," Chris answered with a shrug and a smile
"hey, just cause I prefer reading to going out and doing stuff that could get me hurt," Rick scolded.
"relax, you're fast and small, you probably won't even get hit."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks, Timmy." Jannali smiles, hooking it over her own arm.
"S-say, Timmy?" She pauses a moment and then rummages in the purse, pulling out a small notepad and pen.
"C-could I have your autograph?" she asks shyly. Come on, Jannali, just ask! The worst that can happen is he'll say no! she chides herself internally.
"Oh... yeah, sure." Timmy grabbed the pen and paper, slightly disappointed. He went to sign his name, when the bilby continued.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Um... T-Timmy? A-About earlier...? Um... The g-gesture? A-and k-kiss. Um..." The bilby pauses again and takes a deep breath.
"D-d-did you want it to mean something?" she blurts quickly.
The pen fell from his hands as he looked sharply up at Jannali. Was she actually saying what he thought? "At the time? It was so sudden that I don't think I was capable of wanting anything," he responded honestly. "After the fact, however? Well... you are a pretty amazing girl. You were able to sit there and talk to me not as if I was an athlete, but rather as if I was a mammal. So, if it did mean something, well I would definitely be happy." The rabbit was doing his best to stay calm on the outside, which was quite a feat considering the mess he was on the inside at the moment. He really hoped he hadn't just embarrassed himself with this confession.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"He's right, Rick. You do have an advantage that way." Ben agrees. "And paintball is completely harmless unless you count the odd bruise. The worst that could happen is you'd lose an eye but as long as you keep your mask on when you're on the field there's no risk of that. So it's really a very safe sport."

~~~~~~~~
"Oh!" Jannali stoops to pick up the pen, using the opportunity to gather her thoughts.
"S-Say, Timmy? Um... About dinner... I have tomorrow off s-so... S-so I was wondering if, instead of going to the restaurant for dinner you'd want to come to my place and I c-could make s-something a little more special than sammies. Um... M-maybe we could go to a movie or s-something after that?" she queries offering the rabbit the pen and blushing.
"I-I mean.. You don't have to... I-I k know it's awfully forward of me to ask..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Well," Timmy looked Jannali in the eyes, a small smile on his face as he grabbed the pen, "the only thing I had planned for tomorrow was unpacking. And I'm sure those boxes will still be there the day after." He gave a small nod. "I would love to have dinner with you.
"Though,"
here he scrunched his face a bit in thought, "if we go see a movie, I'll have to defer to you which one we go to. I have no real idea what's playing right now."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"He's right, Rick. You do have an advantage that way." Ben agrees. "And paintball is completely harmless unless you count the odd bruise. The worst that could happen is you'd lose an eye but as long as you keep your mask on when you're on the field there's no risk of that. So it's really a very safe sport."
Then i'll have to be as quick as i can bee.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"He's right, Rick. You do have an advantage that way." Ben agrees. "And paintball is completely harmless unless you count the odd bruise. The worst that could happen is you'd lose an eye but as long as you keep your mask on when you're on the field there's no risk of that. So it's really a very safe sport."
Then i'll have to be as quick as i can bee.
"So what are we waiting for, let's get this show on the road," Chris said.
"so will this be a free for all or a team thing?" Rick asked, resigned to playing along.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, Rick, we can do whatever we like. It can be a free-for-all, every creature for themself, last creature standing wins type thing. Or it can be team-based. Or there's capture the flag. Say, Timmy, Jannali, are you coming?"

"Heh. I-I don't know what's playing either. We'll have to Roogle it." Jannali admits, naming the popular search engine known for returning search results faster than a boomerang. The bilby looks across at Ben and then to Timmy as her name is mentioned.
"Oh... Um... I-I don't know. D-did you want to play paintball, Timmy?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Timmy nodded. "I already told them I'd play before you came back out, and I'd hate to back out now," he stated, looking over to the weasel that had called out to them. "Plus, I've never done it before. I like trying new things." Looking back at Jannali, he continued to speak, but this time a question. "What about you? You feeling up to playing after your nap?" There was a small hint a a joking tone in his voice as he asked this.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, maybe. I-I suppose I can watch and rest if I need to." Jannali tells Timmy.

"Great. How are we all going to get there though? We have six animals and I only have 5 seats in my truck. And Chris is too tall to fit in it. Sorry, Chris."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, maybe. I-I suppose I can watch and rest if I need to." Jannali tells Timmy.

"Great. How are we all going to get there though? We have six animals and I only have 5 seats in my truck. And Chris is too tall to fit in it. Sorry, Chris."

I can take one person in my city work truck..
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"That sounds like a good plan," Timmy agreed, "but is your truck tall enough for Chris?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Pecan wrote:"That sounds like a good plan," Timmy agreed, "but is your truck tall enough for Chris?"

Well it is a maintenance bucket truck.
It reaches up almost 3 stories..
Is that tall enough?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:Well it is a maintenance bucket truck.
It reaches up almost 3 stories..
Is that tall enough?
"that'd be tall enough even if I was a giraffe," Chris joked. "Guess we can get going."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ben snorts in amusement. "We mean inside the cab, Foxy. Will Chris be able to sit there or will she have to sit in the bucket? Because I'm pretty sure riding in the bucket would break a few city ordinances."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ben snorts in amusement. "We mean inside the cab, Foxy. Will Chris be able to sit there or will she have to sit in the bucket? Because I'm pretty sure riding in the bucket would break a few city ordinances."

It's a normal three quarter ton pickup bucket truck..
How big of a space does she need??
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Er, aheh, that'll be plenty then. Come on, everyone. Let's get moving!" Ben gives Foxy the address of the paintball place where they're to meet.
"Oh, just a moment. Better get my gear and my keys from my locker." The ferret runs back into the building and returns a minute later minus his lanyard and with his gym bag over his shoulder and keys in paw.
"I'm just parked in the main car park out front. Are you there or out back, Foxy?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Cinnamon sits up in bed, flopping onto the floor and dragging himself down the stairs. He hugs his mother, Madison, kissing her cheek before he plopped down at the table. His plate was already set for him, so he, with the grace of a two year old, reaches his tongue out and uses it to move a piece of bacon into his mouth.

"Coffee outside?"

"Dancing his heart out," Aaron, his father, says without looking up from his newspaper. "Woke up at 5 like always. You gonna go join him?"

"Mmm in a minute."

After sitting up and eating his breakfast, at request of Madison, Cinnamon runs upstairs and takes a shower. He tugs on his clothes, nuzzling his jacket with nothing but affection. He rushes downstairs and out the door, watching as Coffee swing dancing with a person he had grabbed. After he spins them back into the arms of their friends, they toss some money into his fake skull on the ground. He pantomimes tipping a hat before he noticed Cinnamon.

"Brother!"

Cinnamon literally jumps up next to Coffee, joining in on the dancing as he places his fake skull on the ground.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Er, aheh, that'll be plenty then. Come on, everyone. Let's get moving!" Ben gives Foxy the address of the paintball place where they're to meet.
"Oh, just a moment. Better get my gear and my keys from my locker." The ferret runs back into the building and returns a minute later minus his lanyard and with his gym bag over his shoulder and keys in paw.
"I'm just parked in the main car park out front. Are you there or out back, Foxy?"

Foxy makes a note of the address.
then enters it into his notepad, getting the Nav program to plot the course to take.

I'm right out front, in the authorized government vehicles spot, right by the door.
he says with a knowing grin..
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm just near the door but in an ordinary park. I did some electrical work for the gym before volunteering for the day. So how many are riding with me?" the weasel queries, leading the way to the car park. His truck, parked two spots away from Foxy's is a typical four-door pick-up truck with a lockable compartment on the back for his tools, two ladders jutting over the roof and a company logo on the side. It's pretty clean and comfortable inside, with just a road atlas, a spare pair of gloves and one or two loose tools on the back seat, an empty coffee cup in the holder, and a newspaper wedged between the front seats.
"Jump in. If there's anything in the way just push it aside or throw it on the floor." he invites, unlocking it with the remote on his key ring.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:I'm right out front, in the authorized government vehicles spot, right by the door.
he says with a knowing grin..
Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm just near the door but in an ordinary park. I did some electrical work for the gym before volunteering for the day. So how many are riding with me?" the weasel queries, leading the way to the car park. His truck, parked two spots away from Foxy's is a typical four-door pick-up truck with a lockable compartment on the back for his tools, two ladders jutting over the roof and a company logo on the side. It's pretty clean and comfortable inside, with just a road atlas, a spare pair of gloves and one or two loose tools on the back seat, an empty coffee cup in the holder, and a newspaper wedged between the front seats.
"Jump in. If there's anything in the way just push it aside or throw it on the floor." he invites, unlocking it with the remote on his key ring.
"sweet. catch you there, Rick," Chris said as she headed to Foxy's car.
"yeah, just don't shoot me too much," Rick mumbled as he climbed into Ben's truck.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets