Non HPU: Zootopia

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Pecan
Game Master

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Pecan »

"Do you have a seat preference, Jannali?" Timmy asked, walking towards the car door. "I'm okay with wherever, if you do."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Um... N-not really. I-it's up to you, Timmy." the bilby demurs, approaching the truck as Ben locks his bag in the compartment in the back and climbs into the driver's seat.
"Welcome to the Ben-Mobile." he grins once everyone is inside. "My name is Ben and I'm your driver today. Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or if I can do anything to make your ride more comfortable. Please keep all arms, legs, tails and heads inside the vehicle at all times and please ensure your seatbelt is tightly fastened. Emergency exits are here, here, here and here, and in the unlikely event of emergency, scream as loudly as you can, place your head between your knees and kiss your butt goodbye." he jokes as he buckles up and starts the engine.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"So same safety procedures as the team bus, got it," Timmy cheekily responded. "Though they recommend writing your will as an alternative to the screaming. More productive, apparently."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Eh, my insurance company doesn't like wills. The more bodies they can identify, the more payouts they have to do after I crash." Ben jokes, backing out of the park. After making sure Foxy is following he turns to the road and eases into the traffic heading towards the savannah district.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Eh, my insurance company doesn't like wills. The more bodies they can identify, the more payouts they have to do after I crash." Ben jokes, backing out of the park. After making sure Foxy is following he turns to the road and eases into the traffic heading towards the savannah district.

Foxy follows the twists and turns, with the occasional squealing of tires.
he drives like a drunken Gnu on herd migration!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Eh, my insurance company doesn't like wills. The more bodies they can identify, the more payouts they have to do after I crash." Ben jokes, backing out of the park. After making sure Foxy is following he turns to the road and eases into the traffic heading towards the savannah district.
"Chris and Foxy could identify us all, will or no will," Rick chimed in. "You'll have to hit them too to protect you insurance rates."
Keeshah wrote:Foxy follows the twists and turns, with the occasional squealing of tires.
he drives like a drunken Gnu on herd migration!
"Those guys know how to party," Chris joked. "Not so much drive."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Those guys know how to party," Chris joked. "Not so much drive."

well lets hang another 200 yards back.. so we have the best view of the crash..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"True, Rick." Ben nods. "That can totally be arranged."
He flashes a grin at Jannali, having noticed her worried look in the mirror.
"Heh, don't worry, Jannali. I ain't gonna crash. I've done a defensive driving course. That was a fun birthday gift! Got to learn to do emergency stops and swerves and how to pull out of skids and slides. All on a race track, of course, so it was safe. But you're in capable paws so you don't have to worry about anything. Just enjoy the ride."
"O-okay..."
"Huh. The others have fallen back. Maybe I should slow down and let them catch up."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Probably a good idea, yeah. Wouldn't want to lose them." Timmy nodded in agreement as he said this. "So, defensive driving, huh? Are all your birthdays that exciting?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote: well lets hang another 200 yards back.. so we have the best view of the crash..
"I'll get my camera ready," Chris joked, pulling out her phone.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nah, most are pretty boring actually. I usually only go skydiving or hang gliding. Sometimes abseiling or spelunking. Occasionally bungee jumping. Just boring stuff like that." Ben replies with a completely straight face as he passes under the arch separating the Rainforest District and Downtown Zootopia and flips on his windscreen wipers. His joke produces a small giggle from Jannali which pleases Ben as he pulls up at a traffic light.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Yeesh, next time I have trouble going to sleep, I'll ask for your next birthday plans." Timmy ribbed, adding to the joke a bit more. Turning to Jannali, he decided the current topic might as well be continued. "How about you, Jannali? Any exciting birthdays you've had before?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Keeshah wrote: well lets hang another 200 yards back.. so we have the best view of the crash..
"I'll get my camera ready," Chris joked, pulling out her pho

In hind sight, i should have asked where this place was..
Now i'm wondering, are we there yet...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Keeshah wrote:In hind sight, i should have asked where this place was..
Now i'm wondering, are we there yet...
"Hold on, I'll ask Rick to ask Ben," Chris said, texting Rick.
-------
"Hey, Chris wants to know how much longer tile we get there?" Rick asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pecan wrote:"Yeesh, next time I have trouble going to sleep, I'll ask for your next birthday plans." Timmy ribbed, adding to the joke a bit more. Turning to Jannali, he decided the current topic might as well be continued. "How about you, Jannali? Any exciting birthdays you've had before?"
"Oh, n-not really. I mean, there was that one birthday I spent in hospital because Dad used sparklers instead of candles on my cake. That was when we discovered I have epilepsy. A-and there was the time I accidentally threw up on my cake... But you don't want to know about that."

"Er, ten minutes, depending on traffic?" Ben guesses. "It's in the Meadowlands but against the Rainforest border wall."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"He says we're about ten minutes away," Chris relayed to Foxy
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"He says we're about ten minutes away," Chris relayed to Foxy

well that is good, if we can survive them 10 mins were golden..
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Oof, yeah, I guess finding that out on your birthday wasn't the best gift you could get," the rabbit had a paw on his chin in speculation, "but, if you think about it, it's better to learn about in a safe environment like that, right? Imagine learning about it in a situation like today."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's true." Jannali nods as Ben slows down and puts on his indicator.

"Well, here we are. Welcome to Red's Paintball." the weasyl announces, following a road that threads between two fields filled with brightly-coloured inflatable barriers towards a car park.
"These are laser tag fields we're driving past now. That's like paint ball but you're shooting lasers at targets on each other instead of paint balls. It's much safer for kids." he explains. "Plus there's no risk of getting paint on our cars as we drive into the complex. Airsoft and paintball are on the other side of the building there for safety reasons."
The weasel manoeuvres his truck into an available park, yanks on the paw break and turns off the ignition.
"And here we are. All ashore!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: The weasel manoeuvres his truck into an available park, yanks on the paw break and turns off the ignition.
"And here we are. All ashore!"

Foxy maneuvers his 3/4 ton truck through the parking lot, and backing into a space, in one smooooth motion.
Thyme to git this party started?
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Laser Tag? That sounds like fu--wait." Timmy gets an excited look in his eye as he opens the car to get out, before it disappears in a quick flash of concern. "Ben, there aren't any windows or anything showing inside the Laser Tag field, are there?" He asked, giving a quick glance to Jannali as he asked this. "I mean..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No, it's just an open field. But don't worry - the lasers operate on an invisible wavelength. You can't see them and they won't hurt you if they accidentally go in your eyes so it's quite safe." Ben reassures the bunny. "That said, they still don't recommend looking straight down the barrel and pulling the trigger."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"No, it's just an open field. But don't worry - the lasers operate on an invisible wavelength. You can't see them and they won't hurt you if they accidentally go in your eyes so it's quite safe." Ben reassures the bunny. "That said, they still don't recommend looking straight down the barrel and pulling the trigger."

Lasers? where did these come from??
I thought we were going to use airsoft gun to fire paint balls?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"this place has lazer tag too" Rick chimed in to explain what the fox had missed. "the paintball is further in."

"Laser tag's boring, If I get hit i wanna feel like I got hit," Chris said excitedly.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, you'll feel it, all right! Come on, everyone. This way!" Ben grins, leading the group inside.
"Abe! How's it going?"
"Ben! Welcome back! You brought some fresh meat, I see!" booms a polar bear, bumping Ben's fist with a paw almost as big as the weasel himelf.
"Indeed! We're hoping you can kit us up and give us a field to play on."
"Sure. Field two is a birthday party and they'll be finishing up in half an hour. That'll give you all time to get changed and chrony."
"Perfect! Knew I could count on you! You're the best!"
"You know it!" Abe grins. "Now, overalls and goggles for everyone. I'm a pretty good judge of size but if they don't fit then just come back and I'll swap them over. Ladies' locker rooms to the left, gents to the right. Feel free to pick any locker you like with a key in the lock. There's a zip pocket on the overalls you can safely store the key in. The goggles should be pretty firm but not cut off circulation. You don't want them going anywhere. Any questions?" the bear says as he hands out gear to the group.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Not that I can think of," Timmy answered, as he accepts the offered gear. As he head to the locker room, he adds, "If I think of one though, I'll let you know."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Nope, let's lock and load," Chris exclaimed.
"I think I've got it," Rick sighed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

-{Timeskip: Fall Equinox}-

The wind was brisk as the sun started it's descent from the sky; not quite cool enough for warmer clothing yet, though a few of the more temperature-sensitive animals had already started wearing light jackets. The wind brought with it the tides of an ending summer, and the occasional leaf that broke from it's home early. It was officially becoming Autumn--and in no place was that more clear than the area around the Savanna Recreational Center.

The Rec Center had a tradition of setting up multiple events during special moments and holidays of the year: fireworks shows during New Years and Co-dependence Day, a Thanksgiving cook-off, and other things like that. One of their most popular, however, was the Autumn Equinox festival, and the time was near at hand for this years festival to begin!

Plenty of booths had been set up in the hopes of entertaining guests throughout the night; Food booths selling all sorts of healthy treats (and some not-so-healthy), shops for knickknacks and curios, games to test your wallet skills, a few modest rides for the kids, and even a live performance. Most of the volunteers manning the many booths and stations had already shown up, and with only a few minutes left until it opened, even a few guests were already arriving. This festival was certainly looking to be a night to remember.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

For once Ben isn't behind a table somewhere. Instead he's enjoying a Pawpsicle as he wanders through the fair, taking in the sights and sounds, alert despite his relaxed appearance. His badge marks him as a volunteer staff member though, just in case any guests or stall owners need help.

~~~~~~~~
Jannali, on the other hand, is busy in a stall. She's dressed similarly to her underlings in black trousers, a white jacket and a checked apron but she stands out from the crowd on account of her hat which is almost as tall as she is. Normally she'd wear a smaller hat, finding this one to be unwieldy, but today she can't resist showing off a little for her public.
"A little more salt, please, Sal, but just a little. A dash more pepper too." she instructs, dropping the spoon she's just sampled into a bucket for cleaning.
"Yes, Chef!" comes the response as the bilby pulls a fresh batch of bread rolls from a portable gas-fired oven, filling the air with an irresistible aroma.
"How are those mushrooms coming along, Pete?" she asks, wiping her paws on her apron and pulling on some latex gloves. She's clearly in her element and in complete control of her kitchen.
"Sizzling nicely, Chef!"
"Excellent. Keep your eye on them. No one likes soggy mushrooms!"
"Yes, Chef!" Jannali smiles as she thinly and expertly slices salmon in full view of any curious customers. She's picked four seasonal recipes for tonight, deliberately keeping them as simple and flavourful as possible - a roast pumpkin soup with paprika and sour cream and a hearty mushroom stew, both served with fresh rolls, mushrooms with poached eggs on toast, and a smoked salmon, mushroom and dijonnaise toasted sandwich. All filling and warming meals which she expects to fly out of her kitchen as fast as she can make them. She can't help but hum a merry tune as she waits for the first orders to roll in.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

with all this food and these exciting games, it seems like every booth at this festival was exciting. That is until you notice a small table with nothing but some books for sale. For some reason, Rick's boss thought the kids attending might want to pick up some light reading, or back to school books, or the latest young Adult Dystopian novel which would be a movie next year. But it seems the only people there were Rick himself, his coworker, and Chris standing around.

"Come on, you've gotta check out the rest of the festival with me," the Japanese Serow plead. "No one's gonna buy books here, you can't just sit at a table all day."

Rick took a sip of his pumpkin spice latte from Snarlbucks before replying. "Shouldn't you be doing something for the rec center?"

"No, they have enough volunteers they don't need to pay me for it, now come on, I'm sure Mel can handle thing here. Do you mind if Rick comes with me."

"yeah, I don't care if you go off with your girlfriend, I'm good here," the honey badger replied apathetically.

"Roommate, not girlfriend. and if the boss shows up and sees I'm gone I could be fired."

"I'll just say you're on lunch or something, she's not gonna stay here long if she even shows, just go."

"gah, fine," he replied before Chris dragged him away... but not before grabbing a sip of his latte (what? they're good.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Timmy smiled in delight as he took in the site of the gathering before him. Even before he walked through the entrance proper, the rabbit could tell he was in for a nice night. The games looked fun, the shops seemed interesting, and if his nose was anything to go by (and he was sure that it was), the food would be heavenly. The only question he had as he entered the fair was, what should he do first?

His stomach decided to answer the question for him, grumbling softly. 'Welp,' he thought with a laugh, 'I guess food is first... I think Jannali said she was volunteering, right? I should see if I can find her booth.'
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The Maine 'snowshoe', replete in his cream and white fabric suit and two tone spats, looked around the festival with something that flicked of disinterest but he decided to make the best of it. The editor had said to do an opinion piece on it and told him that most of his reporters were known to the locals so a newcomer to the city would be ideal. Bailey sighed as he over-rode his tablet's spell check for the third time this morning.. He needed to get a new spell-check program for his computer. The one he had possessed a glitch that kept correcting 'Zootopia' to 'Zootropolis'. It needed replacing. Still, he thought, the place could be fun. He might even find a juice he'd not tried before at a festival. But it seemed to be the usual mix of... Hmm, well that wasn't the norm. He approached the anomalous booth, that seemed to be a bookshop. "So there is the light of culture in the city," he said brightly as he picked up one of the novels and glanced at the blurb, "I always prefer the feel of a book to the glowing page." He smiled genially. "Are there any you recommend for a light evening's reading?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Welsh Halfwit wrote:The Maine 'snowshoe', replete in his cream and white fabric suit and two tone spats, looked around the festival with something that flicked of disinterest but he decided to make the best of it. The editor had said to do an opinion piece on it and told him that most of his reporters were known to the locals so a newcomer to the city would be ideal. Bailey sighed as he over-rode his tablet's spell check for the third time this morning.. He needed to get a new spell-check program for his computer. The one he had possessed a glitch that kept correcting 'Zootopia' to 'Zootropolis'. It needed replacing. Still, he thought, the place could be fun. He might even find a juice he'd not tried before at a festival. But it seemed to be the usual mix of... Hmm, well that wasn't the norm. He approached the anomalous booth, that seemed to be a bookshop. "So there is the light of culture in the city," he said brightly as he picked up one of the novels and glanced at the blurb, "I always prefer the feel of a book to the glowing page." He smiled genially. "Are there any you recommend for a light evening's reading?"
Rick was surprised that someone actually was coming here, to the point he didn't respond immediately. and Chris took the chance to mess with him. "oh, all books are borin-" she began to say before Rick tossed the last bit of his latte at her.
"Don't mind my roommate, she's an idiot," the dik-dik said. "I'd need to know what kinds of stories you're interested in before making recommendations. but I should probably warn you, the booth's selection isn't nearly as wide as our actual store."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bailey chuckled and hoped he put the right amount of mirth in there. "Ah, books are only boring if you have the wrong one," he said. "If you have the right one it can impart googles of information or transport you to other worlds." He turned to the Dik-Dik. "Possibly something along the lines of a light crime thriller? Of course, I see you brought what you believed might sell. It's a lot of Teen action hero books."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"'Scuse me! Comin' through! 'Scuse me!" A wallaby bounds through the crowd, a tightly rolled vinyl banner tucked firmly under his arm. Dodging around Timmy, he takes a left and then screeches to a halt in front of Jannali's booth.
"Hah. Hooh. Sorry I'm late, Jannali!" he pants, pulling out the banner.
"Bit of a stuff-up at the printers. But we're all good now." he explains, tying one end of the banner to the front of Jannali's booth and unrolling it to reveal the logo of the bilby's restaurant along with the address and phone number printed in a clear, attractive and non-reflective font.
"No worries. At least you got here. Let's have a look at it." Jannali smiles, putting down her knife and stepping out from behind her table, carefully keeping her gloved paws up and clean.
"Oh, it's turned out wonderfully! You're a treasure, Joe!"
"Well, thanks. Oh, and I've brought the float too. Let's get this booth open for business!" Both animals step back behind the tables, one heading for the cash box, the other for the chopping board of salmon.
"Yes, let's! How long on that Dijonnaise, Danni?"
"Two minutes, Chef!" replies the whisking wombat.
"Excellent! Good work!"

~~~~~~~~
Bailey Martin Jackson. Uncanny ability for knowing things he shouldn't. Ben thinks, letting his eyes slide past the cat as casually as though he hasn't even seen him in the crowd. ZEUS has been interested in this feline but the weasel currently has no instructions regarding him so he's content just to observe for now. He brightens a little as he spots the dik-dik and serow trying to escape their stall and nonchalantly strolls in their direction, nibbling at his pawpsicle as he goes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Bailey chuckled and hoped he put the right amount of mirth in there. "Ah, books are only boring if you have the wrong one," he said. "If you have the right one it can impart googles of information or transport you to other worlds." He turned to the Dik-Dik. "Possibly something along the lines of a light crime thriller? Of course, I see you brought what you believed might sell. It's a lot of Teen action hero books."
"Actually, I might have something but I don't know if you've read it," Rick said before going to dig behind the table. "See, this series was by a relatively unknown author, but a few years back it came out it was actually by the author of that really popular series about wizards. So we have it in case some fans of that series were interested, and it fits the bill of a light crime thriller," he then produced a 400-something page novel. "it's $10 for this one if you haven't read it yet, and i think I have a few copies of the latest in the series if you have,"
Chris was just as bored as one would expect, until she looked around.
Hlaoroo wrote:He brightens a little as he spots the dik-dik and serow trying to escape their stall and nonchalantly strolls in their direction, nibbling at his pawpsicle as he goes.
"Oh, hey Ben," she said, waving
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, yes," Bailey commented, picking up the book, "I think I recall that. She was one, of course, who 'did not' use the power of the press to sell her work," he stated, using finger quotation marks to mark his words. "They do get good reviews." He looked through his wallet and pulled a $20 note from it. "but I always believe in testing it yourself. Lowest I have. I suppose I should take the next one as well. In case I cannot find you again." He nodded to the newcomer but turned back to Rick. "So, if I were to ask about food stalls, whom would you recommend?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Timmy turns his gaze towards the Wallaby as he passes by, impressed by his speed. His ears perk up, however, as he walks a bit further and realizes just where he stopped; or rather, just who he stopped in front of. He picks up the pace, a slight spring in his step as he heads toward his favorite cook.

As he approached the stand, he heard what sounded like the tail-end of a conversation:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yes, let's! How long on that Dijonnaise, Danni?"
"Two minutes, Chef!" replies the whisking wombat.
"Excellent! Good work!"
"It certainly smells like good work from out here!" the rabbit called in, and he meant it. The booth smelled heavenly. "How are you, Jannali?"
Last edited by Pecan on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, Chris! How's life?" Ben waves back with a grin.

~~~~~~~~
"Timmy! Hi!" Jannali all but squeals. She snaps her gloves into a bin and runs out of the booth, tackle-hugging the rabbit.
"I'm great! How are you? Oh, there's someone I want you to meet. Joe, c'mere! Timmy, this is Joe, my Maître d', manager, and one of my oldest and closest friends. Joe, this is Timmy Cotton."
"Wait. Not Kickback? Sweet! Pleased ta meetcha! Joeseph Gordon! But everyone calls me Joe." the wallaby grins, offering the rabbit a paw.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hey, Chris! How's life?" Ben waves back with a grin.
"It's been alright, But Rick's being all boring and bookish again," the serow replied. "I wanna go enjoy the festival."
---------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, yes," Bailey commented, picking up the book, "I think I recall that. She was one, of course, who 'did not' use the power of the press to sell her work," he stated, using finger quotation marks to mark his words. "They do get good reviews." He looked through his wallet and pulled a $20 note from it. "but I always believe in testing it yourself. Lowest I have. I suppose I should take the next one as well. In case I cannot find you again." He nodded to the newcomer but turned back to Rick. "So, if I were to ask about food stalls, whom would you recommend?"
"Well I haven't actually been to any of the booths yet but I know a bilby who has restaraunt with a booth, we could go find her."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets