HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by CyberDragon »

"If we had another car I could drive, though if we had another car I assume we wouldn't be in this situation. I'm afraid I don't have any ideas to help with that." Eira admitted.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"It cannot be that far away, can it? If you show me where it is, I might be able to get some of us there." He gives the group a small shrug, "It depends on how far away it is, that is all."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Could you maybe call and ask the matriach to send an extra car, Amanda? Or we could hire one of those minivan taxis." Holly suggests.

~~~~~~~~
Socks stops dead in his tracks, completely shocked, jaw hanging slack and mind in a whirl, and blinks several times as he tries to work out how to respond to this offer.
"Y-you don't want me." he sighs eventually, looking away. "I'm just a depressed, crude, arrogant jerk with freaky intuition and anger issues that no one wants around. You don't even know me at all. We only met a few hours ago for #$%@$ sake."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I had hoped," Kaylee said softly, "that you were beginning to get used to the fact that we DO want you around. I see the 'arrogance' as you trying not to be hurt again by them sending you back because of your cursed gift, Socks." She stroked his cheek. "And it is both, same as mine. And the anger?" She gave him a small smile. "Sometimes they don't listen and we never know why, do we? You did well with Q4. YOU kept her talking for so long and helped reconnect those sides of the personality. The only thing I think you've forgotten? What hope looks like. You went for so long without a better future because you never saw a chance to fit in." Now she put the hand on his shoulder. "Warts, fools and all, this community can become family and support to you, handsome. We help each other. We defend each other. We even have fun together. And we'll not abandon you. Ever."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Could you maybe call and ask the matriach to send an extra car, Amanda? Or we could hire one of those minivan taxis." Holly suggests.
Eira looked up. "If we call a cab, I can pay for it. Don't suppose you guys have Uber in this universe?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah chuckled slightly at that coincidence, "Of all the things to remain consistent between universes, the existence of Uber was one of them?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sandy's words of kindness did little to assuage Amanda's feelings of self doubt and she could only shrug to Holly's first question, "I can't say. I doubt she'd rush to a conclusion but it would make her a bit suspicious." As Holly suggested calling the Matriarch for another car, Amanda's demeanor seemed to deflate, a feeling of relief for the situation seemingly being revolved, and negativity directed towards herself as the seemingly obvious suggestion hit her. She placed a paw against her face and leaned against the table as she took a breath, "Yeah. She would have a car."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How will you pay though, Eira? I imagine money from a thousand years in the future of a different universe is going to be quite different to money here." Holly points out before looking at the cryokinetic.
"Are you okay, Amanda?"

~~~~~~~~
Socks snorts lightly in amusement. "You sure you're not also an empath?" he quips, favouring Kaylee with a grin.
"I've heard the whole 'family' and 'we won't abandon you' thing before though. I don't buy it any more." he admits, looking away again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not asking you to buy it, dope," Kaylee grinned, rubbing his left ear with her paw. "Just rent it a few days and see if it fits." She idicated the house. "Your new sis is probably wondering where we are."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Noah chuckled slightly at that coincidence, "Of all the things to remain consistent between universes, the existence of Uber was one of them?"
Eira laughed a great deal. She didn't actually expect them to know what Uber was, though she was somehow not surprised. "I know, right? What are the freaking odds?!"
Hlaoroo wrote:"How will you pay though, Eira? I imagine money from a thousand years in the future of a different universe is going to be quite different to money here." Holly points out before looking at the cryokinetic.
"Are you okay, Amanda?"
She reached into her bag. "My parents didn't send me to another universe blindly, you know. Guardians, the superhero group I'm a part of, travel to a lot of different worlds and universes. They were able to get me prepared with some valid money." she pulls out a large stack of one hundred dollar bills. "Very prepared. For a LONG stay." She puts the money back in her bag.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's paw slid down her face to look at the ghost, peering through her paw fingers, pondering how to respond to her inquiry. A strong part of her wanted to say no, but she reeled in her negativity, feeling there'd been enough melodramatics for awhile, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit exasperated with myself that I didn't even think to call the house and see if the Matriarch's car could be used."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, it's okay. I only just thought of it myself. Don't knock yourself about over it, okay?" Holly encourages, giving Amanda's cheek a cold hug.

~~~~~~~~
Sandy's eyes go wide at the stack of bills Eira produces. He's never seen so much money in his entire life!
"Wooooooooow. That... That'th real money? Your parentth mutht be thuper rich!"

~~~~~~~~
"I guess I can do that." Socks acquiesces eventually, following Kaylee to the house. "Worst comes to worst, which it will, I'll just hit the streets again."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Give it a good chance, cheery chops," Kaylee grinned, opening the front door and heading back in to stand by Amanda. "What's been happening here, 'Manda?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira looks over at Sandy. "Umm, kinda yeah. Though this is mostly because they knew I was going to be here for an unknown amount of time, and I might not be able to get a job. I don't know yet. A lot of it is so that I can rent out a place to stay. Speaking of which," she turns to Rig. "If I'm going to be staying at your place, I need to pay you rent. We need to discuss that at some point."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Holly's cold hug helped Amanda slightly, she still felt a bit near sighted over it, but letting it go was really all she could do about it. As Kaylee stood next to Amanda and asked her question Amanda's still tilted ears twitched back into place, her paw leaving her face entirely to be placed upon the table, "Well, we were bouncing between asking Eira questions and wondering how to get us all to my house. Holly had the brilliant yet simple plan of calling the house to use the Matriarch's car as extra transport." She tilted her head lightly, "What about you? A legion of legendary warrior didn't march through a portal while you were off, or anything like?" She said in obvious jest, a small smile flashing onto her face before vanishing a second later, "Honestly wouldn't be surprised if that did happen at this point."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nah," Kaylee breezed, "just had a few fires - metaphor, Sandy - to damp down." Kaylee let out a sigh as her winds wandered around the back yard haphazardly. "It really has been a busy morning, hasn't it? And you're hanging around, Eara?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig opened his mouth to speak but was quickly interrupted by the cat sitting next to him, "We've got utilities split between the two of us. We can divide it further down between the three of us. Rig buys the majority of the groceries for the house and isn't a half bad cook so if we don't go out then he's usually the one that makes the food, but feel free to buy any snacks if you want to. We've got a washing machine and a dryer but it doesn't really get used too much for obvious reasons. Once you've put down your payment for the month we'll give you the wifi password and get you all settled in. I've seen the deed to the home and surprisingly, it's his name on it and not some human's name. I'm not sure how he got the home but he does actually own it. Rent is $250 a month plus your third of the utilities." He gave a rather salesman-esque smile to Eira, having laid out his rather simple terms and conditions.
Rig gave Eira a small shrug, "I am not so worried about the money. Just pay for water and electricity and maybe the occasional foods."
"Oh come on, you've got to bring in money somehow."
"But I do?"
"You're gonna need more than that to survive in this world, buddy..." Noah countered.
"Have you seen me not have enough to pay for things?"
"Well no but-" "Exactly."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yeah, it seems like I'm going to be hanging around for a while." She turned to Rig and Noah. "And that sounds good." Eira said with a smile. She was glad she didn't have to go through that whole argument that often happens when you offer to pay for something and they try to say it's fine. "And you don't need to worry about food. I was required to bring my own. Same deal as with the tea." She said simply. She didn't want to go into all the various reasons why she needed to bring her own food nor did she want to go into how she expected to live an undetermined amount of time on just what she could get from her backpack.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

This time Socks doesn't respond to Kaylee, his earlier façade unconsciously returning now that they've entered the house.

~~~~~~~~
"Heh. We had literal fireth, Kaylee! I made thith! It'th Cthulhu!" the retriever replies, showing off his work with a happy tailwag.

~~~~~~~~
"You know, Eira, perhaps we should get you a collar just in case you need to go out in wolf form for anything. That'll keep the dog catchers at bay." Holly suggests suddenly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee looked over the item, examining it intricately. "Bless you," she joked. "You're really quite an artist, Sandy.... Hang on," she said after hearing Holly, "what?" She looked at Eira. "You're an inter-dimensional, super-powered shape-shifter? Do you make everyone jealous within five minutes of meeting you?" She grinned broadly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake snuggled in as the fight on screen started taking in a New York hospital.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You know, Eira, perhaps we should get you a collar just in case you need to go out in wolf form for anything. That'll keep the dog catchers at bay." Holly suggests suddenly.
Eira looked livid at the suggestion. The suggestion brought up a lot of painful memories. Her claws shot out of her fingertips again. "A COLLAR?! THAT'S..." She took a deep breath and thought for a moment. "Sorry. I didn't mean to snap." Her claws retracted again. "I don't think that's necessary. I think my clothing will serve that purpose."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kaylee looked over the item, examining it intricately. "Bless you," she joked. "You're really quite an artist, Sandy.... Hang on," she said after hearing Holly, "what?" She looked at Eira. "You're an inter-dimensional, super-powered shape-shifter? Do you make everyone jealous within five minutes of meeting you?" She grinned broadly.
"Oh, right. You weren't here when I shifted. And.. umm... no. I don't usually make people jealous. Usually it's the opposite..."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nice," Kaylee stated, looking at the claws. "I'd ask you to show me but you're not a trick pony." She sat opposite the traveller. "I take it these mean trouble in your world," she asked, jiggling her collar.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira smiled. "Thank you. I really don't like shifting in front of people if I can help it." She looked a little uncomfortable as she tries to answer Kaylee's question. "Umm... sort of, I guess. It's more they have some... implications. And some other things I'd rather not talk about." She didn't want to explain non-sentient animals again, nor did she have any desire to discuss how, after falling asleep in class and shifting as a result one day, she was pinned down by kids who tried to force a collar and muzzle on her the next.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda tensed as Eira got upset over the collar suggestion, her paw contorted lightly as a mix of confusion and frustration poured through her. She hid it best she could, glad the moment passed quickly, "Then we shan't speak of it again. Though it is of note that clothes may only go so far, dpednign on how zealous that specific dog catcher is, so best to be careful regardless, should you go about in your wolf form." She turned to Kaylee, attempting to get her find off the, luckily brief, moment, "Speaking of jealousy though, her wolf form has a wonderful coat. Natural model even."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, now THAT I have to see at some point," Kaylee enthused. "I have these burrs," she put an arm around to her back. "I can never get them." She looked the traveller in the eye. "Is it a cheat if your fur can unknot itself, you reckon?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

She gave a somewhat evil grin. "I'd like to see them try." However, she started to blush slightly at Amanda's comment about her wolf form's fur. Everyone here seemed to like her. They didn't run in terror at least. Maybe that is why her parents sent her here? When Kaylee spoke, Eira thought for a moment about her answer. "I wouldn't really know... I... don't really get knots or burrs. Lycan fur is a bit stiff. It isn't flexible enough to get badly tangled. Not like hedgehog or porcupine stiff, but still." She considers Kaylee's desire to see her shift, as well as the compliments she has heard. She also could not forget that she was still very tired, though no longer on the verge of collapsing. These people wouldn't judge her. They weren't insulting her or screaming, or trying to do the other near unspeakable things people have done before. Maybe she could be herself here. Maybe she didn't have to hide. Maybe that was the point. "You know what, I'll do it. I'll drop the disguise." And she started to shift.

She first relaxed, and ceased to actively choose to human. Then, her bones began to ache, as if they were suddenly released from being put under heavy strain for a while. The muscles under her skin relaxed, and the ice-like fur complete with semi-transparent light blue tips was allowed to sprout from her skin. Her face elongated into a snout and her ears began to grow. A tail grew from her lower back as her spine extended out to form it. As she transformed, her clothes once again adjusted to match the new form. Pretty soon, she was Arctos once again. She felt relaxed, as if something had lifted from her mind. Now that she no longer had to maintain a disguise, perhaps she could now focus better on other things. Hopefully, she could experience this more often while here.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee nodded, taking half a breath. "That is... quite something. And, pardon me for saying but you look a lot more comfortable now." She started for a second. "Don't need a phone do you, Amanda," she asked her friend, one hand going into her jacket pocket to pull out a 80's style mobile phone brick.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah lifted an eyebrow at the brick Kaylee had just withdrawn from her pocket, "Y'know, I've learned not to question things around our little group, but does that thing even work on modern cellular networks? I mean, it has to be at least 30 years old. Tech's changed a bunch since then. Of course, it's a magical phone so I guess that doesn't really matter, but I bet a real one would have some troubles." He sat on the idea for a few seconds more before shrugging the thought away. There wasn't really a point in questioning the workings of the phone when it had just been retrieved from a pocket far too small for it.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee chuckled. "If I have a thousand years I'll never understand this jacket, Noah, but the phone seems to work still."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kaylee nodded, taking half a breath. "That is... quite something. And, pardon me for saying but you look a lot more comfortable now." She started for a second. "Don't need a phone do you, Amanda," she asked her friend, one hand going into her jacket pocket to pull out a 80's style mobile phone brick.
Eira nodded and leaned back in her seat. She closed her eyes and smiled, feeling more relaxed than she had been in quite a while. She started to drift off a little. She didn't see Kaylee take out the phone.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda took a moment to appreciate Eria's transformation, still finding it an interesting sight to behold before accepting Kaylee's phone, "Either way, I'm thankful it works. It's just so darn convenient. But, uh, excuse me." After she took ahold of the phone she walked into the living room area to have less background noise, and dialed her home phone number.

It rang for a few moments before what seemed to be a, slightly forced, Brooklyn accent picked up, "Yo, yo, who's the phone? Ya're calling the Bellus household but the official occupants ain't househeld!"

Amanda was a little confused for a moment before recognizing the voice, "Tony?" The voice gave a sharp laugh, "Ay, Handy Mad Mandy! Where the howl are ya girl? We've been waiting to see ya forever! I mean the 'Arch is taking it well, liking some peace and quiet but dis other cat is driving my catty, beyond a shadow of a doubt! That or I'm bothering her, HA!"

Amanda gave a sigh though held a smile on her face, finding it nice to hear Tony's voice, "Well I am actually calling TO get there. You see I... may have acquired quite the group here and we need another car to make it there in one piece." One could practically hear the smile on Tony's mug, "Dontcha worry one whisker Mando, I'll get the 'Arch's ride there lickity splittily like. Oh, any of this group need any type of specific whoopin'?"

Amanda rolled her eyes, "See you soon Tony. " She gave Tony the address quickly and hung up, and walked back to her friends, a large smile on her face; if Tony was there then she'd be there too, "Tony is on his way with another car. If I remember it should accommodate enough to split us between father's car and Tony's."
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: minor profanity filter
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

....meanwhile....

though those nearby would have no viable information after being looked through the box still stood there. within the store few dim blinking lights faded on and off as if the items were asleep and the bottle still sat there motionless. it was drink or not at the moment apparently. within Horus's home she continued to sleep everynow and then sneezing cutely and adjusting herself.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Excellent," Kaylee said, taking back the phone and putting it back in the pocket. "I take it from the room brightening smile that Tony's one of your favourites?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira woke back up when Amanda walked back into the room. She opened her eyes. "Who's Tony?" she asked, stretching.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Mildly disappointed, Sandy decides to ignore the bottle in favor of trying to figure out what's going on with the strange store's lighting. Her propensity for throwing rules out the window showing itself again, she starts looking for anything climbable that might make an improvised entrance.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a small wave of dismissal, smile still in place, "Nah, not Tony himself. He's the hume driving the Matriarch around and handling any legal matters. He's fine and amusing, but I am more excited about who is going to be the guard if he's the driver."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Someone makes you this happy with just the thought of him," Kaylee said, looking up at he friend with an open mouthed smile, "This is a person I have to meet!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Holly is a bit surprised at Eira's reaction to her suggestion and quickly apologises. This is a cultural difference between the worlds that hadn't occurred to her. She enjoys the excitement on Amanda's face about the guard though.
"Ooooh! I think Amanda's in loooooooove!" she teases, grinning.

~~~~~~~~
Socks quietly rolls his eyes at Noah's comments, thinking him rather arrogant still. His eyes open wide though at the sight of Eira's transformation and he can't help but let out a low whistle. He says nothing though, and turns his attention to Kaylee as she chats, becoming fascinated with the way the sunlight illuminates her fur and glints off the bright whiteness of her teeth. He's attracted to her, definitely, even if he's not willing to admit it yet.

~~~~~~~~
Unlike Noah, Sandy is impressed that Kaylee has a phone. Given Noah's comments though he decides against saying anything for fear of embarrassing the cat.
"Tho how many guards doeth thse have then? Will they, like, thearch uth on the way in or thomething?" he asks Amanda, curious.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Buster wrote:Mildly disappointed, Sandy decides to ignore the bottle in favor of trying to figure out what's going on with the strange store's lighting. Her propensity for throwing rules out the window showing itself again, she starts looking for anything climbable that might make an improvised entrance.
It wouldnt be much to see as climable. Though the wondows were barred the roof of the building needed a good jump....luckily the sign seemed close enough to climb also
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda rolled her eyes as she took her place next to Kaylee, "Come on guys, it's just my old kittenhood friend Alex. I haven't seen her, or spoken to her in what feels like years!" At Holly's tease Amanda couldn't help but feel off, her smile faltering for a moment, before placing it back on, "You know... for all the jokes about me and paramours and such, it just... seems like that won't be happening for awhile."

She turned to Sandy, wanting to move on from that topic, "Alex won't search you, really the guards are only there just in case, and since this is a simple social outing there should only be one guard. There's only more if there's something real important for them to do."