Reply to topic  [ 2029 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Redwall 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am
Posts: 425
Post Re: Redwall
"Again, I'm sorry miss, I've just had more than enough problems with Foxes among those deadly vermine that I have fought my entire life." He bowed, showing himself off completely and sweeping the cloak off. "As you have noticed I am a Bat, and my body is much more beastial and prone to combat then one of your stature. I am a defender of the weak and helpless, Kelly, and I have been such since I was a young boy... at thirteen when I was old enough to go on my own. My mother died when I was young, died by the blade as she lived, and her weapons are those I placed in the care of your baby while I rest my tired wings. I mean no harm, and I suppose I should apologise for my belligerent attitude, but after years and years of fighting many of those with such... features, well I guess I've become rather ingrained in my actions."

_________________
RP Charecters:
Richardson Valley
Tribble #912F2F
Roma #7B3F00
Exotic Acres
Norbu #702963
Kosh #722f37
Apollo City
Roux #CC6666
Redwall
Kelly #CF1020


Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:25 pm
Profile
20th Level Paladin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:15 pm
Posts: 2415
Location: Where I should be
Post Re: Redwall
Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Why, a holt's an otter's home, so 'tis. But more'n tha', it's 'is clan, 'is loyalty!" Tullo exclaims. "Redwall's me 'ome an' me life. So 'tis also me holt. You follow?"

Aldryd was slightly taken aback by the other otter's sudden burst of enthusiasm, "O-oh! Uh, I hear ya Tulls," he said, " I right reckon that me an' my family must have been a holt then."

He scratched at the back of his head, thinking,

"I don't think pa ever said anything about a holt, I s'pose we must'a been one though..." Aldryd's arm dropped again, very nearly visibly embarrassed for his ignorance

"Can'n otter's own homestead be his holt?"

_________________
Let's talk
Tesla Potter
Mercury Hart
Iudex Markov
Caeruleus Springer
Aldryd Argall
Skype address is Esper_Rat


Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:40 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
Though the stranger apologized , Sara didn't know if she should replied or not , partly because she was still afraid , other part was because maybe that was meant toward the Abbess. In any case , she felt it would be better if she remain silent ,at least until she's addressed directly.

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 1298
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: Redwall
Hlaoroo Wrote:
"All right. Let's go up then, shall we? I hope you're feeling fit! It's quite the climb!" Jack smiles.
"Race you if you like!" Viv grins at Marko.


Marko laughed, "I am not sure I could winning 'dis race, my legs are not 'dat long compared to-" in the middle of talking he dashed up the stairs.

_________________
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!


Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:25 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12213
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Redwall
"The birds. They're the key to this. I don't suppose he saw what direction they went?" Torr queries, slicing an apple with a dagger produced from a small sheath on his belt.

==========
"Please, sir. I'm only trying to help. Your friend is receiving the best of care from my colleagues. Those were some nasty wounds you got too though and I really think you should take some time to recover and at least let the wounds scab over before you go gallivanting about all over the place."

==========
"Do not fear - you are not the first soldier or traveller we've welcomed inside our gates. We've seen our share of rough characters. All is forgiven and I am sure you will be most welcome here, Kelly. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother too... Would you like to come inside and partake of some refreshments? We can draw you a bath too if you wish to bathe and if you have any wounds they can also be attended to."

==========
"Aye, I see no reason why not!" Tullo grins, clapping Aldryd on the shoulder. "Traditionally a holt is by a river but 'ome is where the 'eart is, me muvver allus said, an' we ain't got no river 'ere in Redwall so who am I to judge?"

==========
WeirdGamer Wrote:
Marko laughed, "I am not sure I could winning 'dis race, my legs are not 'dat long compared to-" in the middle of talking he dashed up the stairs.

"Wha- Hey! No fair!" Viv laughs, chasing after the badger-fox.
Brother Jack chuckles and follows after the pair at an easy trot, knowing he can't keep up with the younger creatures and not wanting to tire himself out needlessly.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

[Image links broken. New links coming soon!]


Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am
Posts: 425
Post Re: Redwall
"I tend to my own wounds fine in a day after battle, though the way I do it does end up leaving me many scars." He bowed and smiled, looking far more genial... if he had a rather odd and unsettling face. "But I would love to join you in refreshments, or in any activities. Simply rest my tired bones for a time, you know how it can be, even if I'm not nearly as old as most who would claim that pastime. In fact, if you would, I would love to simply spend time with anyone, yourself if your not busy, and simply find way around this magnificent place of peace that is not matched anywhere else I have been." He turned to Sara. "Oh, and fox, I don't know if you realised but In any case my apologies are of course resting on your shoulders, should you chose to accept them or not. I wish to show my geniality in any case, as I have no reason to hurt a soul if they hurt none else and as you have heard from the Abbess here, no harm should be able to befall anyone while under her watch. So, in any case, I'd understand if you wish to hold my previous assertions and my usual source of livelihood over my head, but I would appreciate it if you didn't."

_________________
RP Charecters:
Richardson Valley
Tribble #912F2F
Roma #7B3F00
Exotic Acres
Norbu #702963
Kosh #722f37
Apollo City
Roux #CC6666
Redwall
Kelly #CF1020


Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:22 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 3423
Location: I dont know
Post Re: Redwall
Trevor shook his head " again i am not staying. Ive done this enough to know my grounds of what i should and should not. Decides A few arrows like that is little for me unlike the sword that hit my freind and nearly hit a vital spot. I will come later to check my friend and you can check my wounds then." Trevor said standing back up from the vole and looking to brock as he took a few slow steps away and joining the badger lord.

"now wheres the nearest map so i can tell of what happened more clearly?" Trevor asked him as he let his clothes fall against and cover his wounds.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:05 am
Profile
20th Level Paladin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:15 pm
Posts: 2415
Location: Where I should be
Post Re: Redwall
Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Aye, I see no reason why not!" Tullo grins, clapping Aldryd on the shoulder. "Traditionally a holt is by a river but 'ome is where the 'eart is, me muvver allus said, an' we ain't got no river 'ere in Redwall so who am I to judge?"

Aldyd rumbled a laugh

"Ay ay, I got me a river all me own down on me farm,"
he said, standing taller, "Riv'r water's good for the crops, and better for getting them to market!"

_________________
Let's talk
Tesla Potter
Mercury Hart
Iudex Markov
Caeruleus Springer
Aldryd Argall
Skype address is Esper_Rat


Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:15 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
22xander Wrote:
"I tend to my own wounds fine in a day after battle, though the way I do it does end up leaving me many scars." He bowed and smiled, looking far more genial... if he had a rather odd and unsettling face. "But I would love to join you in refreshments, or in any activities. Simply rest my tired bones for a time, you know how it can be, even if I'm not nearly as old as most who would claim that pastime. In fact, if you would, I would love to simply spend time with anyone, yourself if your not busy, and simply find way around this magnificent place of peace that is not matched anywhere else I have been." He turned to Sara. "Oh, and fox, I don't know if you realised but In any case my apologies are of course resting on your shoulders, should you chose to accept them or not. I wish to show my geniality in any case, as I have no reason to hurt a soul if they hurt none else and as you have heard from the Abbess here, no harm should be able to befall anyone while under her watch. So, in any case, I'd understand if you wish to hold my previous assertions and my usual source of livelihood over my head, but I would appreciate it if you didn't."

"I understand sir." Sara replied quietly " I know foxes like me have bad reputation"

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:56 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
Peter shook his head. "He wasn't awake at the end, I'm afraid."
"So w'take what w'know," Owain said. "where w're th' first r'ports've missin' birds?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am
Posts: 425
Post Re: Redwall
Kelly smiled widely with his own, rather sharp, teeth. "Oh yes, but honestly I don't care about reputation. And if you are a good fox, your the first one I've met." He sighed and slumped back a little. "Anyway, do you mind spending some time with me. I'm rather tired of the open road, but as a trailer yourself you will certainly be more interesting then these kind folk... Who preach nonviolence. Just earks me a little. I'm sure I can make up for my outburst quickly."

_________________
RP Charecters:
Richardson Valley
Tribble #912F2F
Roma #7B3F00
Exotic Acres
Norbu #702963
Kosh #722f37
Apollo City
Roux #CC6666
Redwall
Kelly #CF1020


Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 1298
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: Redwall
Hlaoroo Wrote:

"Wha- Hey! No fair!" Viv laughs, chasing after the badger-fox.
Brother Jack chuckles and follows after the pair at an easy trot, knowing he can't keep up with the younger creatures and not wanting to tire himself out needlessly.


Marko made it to the top of the stairs. Panting he said, "Did your mother never telling you...never trust a fox?" He laughed, as he started to recover his breath. "Really she should have told you 'Never trust this one particular fox named Marko.' Most foxes are trustworthy, despite claims.

_________________
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!


Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:02 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
22xander Wrote:
Kelly smiled widely with his own, rather sharp, teeth. "Oh yes, but honestly I don't care about reputation. And if you are a good fox, your the first one I've met." He sighed and slumped back a little. "Anyway, do you mind spending some time with me. I'm rather tired of the open road, but as a trailer yourself you will certainly be more interesting then these kind folk... Who preach nonviolence. Just earks me a little. I'm sure I can make up for my outburst quickly."

"please don't trouble yourself sir, many had done the same before , and so I have come to be grateful to be spared still, no matter the doubt from others." Sara replied , putting up a small smile to hopefully lessen the tension. She didn't wanna say anything about letting the stranger accompany them , since the vixen still didn't know if it was a good idea or not, but either case , she didn't think she should be the one to make that decision.

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:01 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12213
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Redwall
The abbess is a little unsure how to take Kelly's brusque manner towards her but she responds with her usual grace and poise and cuts off the awkwardness.
"Refreshments then! What takes your fancy, sir? We have tea, juice, or any number of other drinks from our famous cellars. And with what would you break your fast? I'm sure there is leftover porridge or fruit salad from this morning as well as fresh bread and cheese and pastries from lunch. Fresh fruit is always available too. Would you like anything to eat or drink also, Sara?"

==========
Viv laughs as she reaches the top only slightly behind Marko.
"Well," she pants. "What can I say? *puff* I was raised to fight fair!" she grins, straightening as she begins to get her breath back.
"Whoo. You should go in the Wall Race we have every year! With your legs I'm sure you'd win easily!" she enthuses as she waits for Jack to appear at the top of the stairs.

========
"True, true! Saves carrying buckets o' water all around the place too! You farmers what live near rivers 'ave it easy, mate!" Tullo banters.

==========
Seeing that her argument is futile, the nurse acquiesces and retreats back to the infirmary but not without a final word of caution.
"That would be in the library. Brother Arthur was kind enough to pull some for me and they're sitting on the desk there for our perusal. Are you up to climbing more stairs?" Brock answers Trevor once the nurse has left.

==========
"'Fraid I can't rightly say. I only knew of the attack on us, and now this. 'Tis not much to go on. An' with birds, once they're in flight there's no trackin' 'em. They could be anywhere. Perhaps we can put a sentry in the belltower at Redwall, see if they can spot anythin'..." Tullo ponders aloud, clearly open to suggestions.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

[Image links broken. New links coming soon!]


Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
"No' much I c'n add t' that," Owain surmised. "'Cept'n it might also begood t' see if'n Appleford's been hit? If'n it's not, then we c'n work out where it' goin'. We'll 'ave pedwar points... Uh, four. Th' Abbey," he said, drawing a circle on the floor, "The vill'ge th' Rangers found tha' Dibbun yest'rday," he said, offering the stick to Peter who, after a moment, worked out what was wanted and poked a hole by where he assumed the village to be after Owain put in a 'north' arrow. "Then y'r village," Peter gingerly offered the stick to Tullo, "Then Applef'rd. All I c'n tell is there were no birds a' Redwall yest'rday."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 1298
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: Redwall
Hlaoroo Wrote:
Viv laughs as she reaches the top only slightly behind Marko.
"Well," she pants. "What can I say? *puff* I was raised to fight fair!" she grins, straightening as she begins to get her breath back.
"Whoo. You should go in the Wall Race we have every year! With your legs I'm sure you'd win easily!" she enthuses as she waits for Jack to appear at the top of the stairs.


"'Dat's funny," mused Marko, "I was one of the slower ones in the caravan."

_________________
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!


Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:43 pm
Profile
20th Level Paladin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:15 pm
Posts: 2415
Location: Where I should be
Post Re: Redwall
Aldryd let out a belting laugh,

"Aye aye, I suppose we do! Although the riv'r brings in its share of pests," he winked, "Bug bites an'all that."

_________________
Let's talk
Tesla Potter
Mercury Hart
Iudex Markov
Caeruleus Springer
Aldryd Argall
Skype address is Esper_Rat


Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:32 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
"An' we need t' think sumat else too," Owain continued. "We need t' think on what's controllin' these adar... uh, birds." He shook his head. "The Sparrow an' the bwncath... buzzard don' flock t'geth'r, no matter what they say." he tapped the ground with the stick. "Not one marw bird... dead bird. So many types should'n' be workin' togeth'r but are." He sighed. "On m'travels I heard of hudolion* who c'uld control entire races by a stone but nev'r paid them heed." He looked to Brum. "Any loc'l stories?"

*Sorcerers.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am
Posts: 425
Post Re: Redwall
Kelly nodded, waiving his wing at the abotes and trying to bow. "It would be most kind, of course, as long as it doesn't impose. I would be most gracious for any sup, though my kind does have a preference for things that aren't... Well the comman vegetable fair of many rodent vilagais. Bread and cheese will do me some good, though if you wish to I will try anything you dane to spare."

_________________
RP Charecters:
Richardson Valley
Tribble #912F2F
Roma #7B3F00
Exotic Acres
Norbu #702963
Kosh #722f37
Apollo City
Roux #CC6666
Redwall
Kelly #CF1020


Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:51 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
"well...." Sara mused , feeling a little more relax now that food was mentioned "If I may , some bread sounds nice."

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:29 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12213
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Redwall
"It's no imposition at all!" the abbess assures the bat before making a polite request of a passing mole. The chap tugs his snout respectfully and trundles off to the kitchens and cellars, returning a few minutes later with a large tray holding a freshly baked loaf of bread which is still warm from the oven, a generous wedge of perfectly matured cheese, a knife, three plates, and three mugs of Redwall's infamous October Ale to wash it down. He passes the tray to the abbess and then continues on with his day.
"Where do you fancy sitting? There are plenty of tables inside or it's a lovely day so we could always sit on the lawn or in the orchard."

==========
"Oh, I'm certain th' sparrows ain't involved. They've long been allies of the Guosim and of Redwall. No, more'n likely they're victims here too." Torr asserts. "Also we don't have a village. We Guosim are wanderers. We live wherever the rivers take us in th' woods. We'd have been on the River Moss now as it goes close to Redwall only our logboats were damaged and sunk in the attack. That said, we were round about... Here when it happened. There's a creek runnin' along there that gets ye to the so-called inland sea if'n ye follow it long enough. We weren't bound thataway though." The shrew adds as few geographic features to the map for the benefit of Owain and the other travellers as he talks, as well as indicating the spot of his ambush at a point south-east of the abbey.
"So far's I can see there's no pattern..."
"Technically we've five points." Brum adds, "The fifth being where Charles' group was attacked. But that was quite close to the ruined village they found as far as I know so it doesn't help us much... Looking at that though... It's almost a semi-circle centred on the abbey. See? North-West, South, South-east. I'd guess the abbey would be the centre since it's an easily recognisable and obvious landmark. Which means there might have been more attacks to the North and East... Owain, we need to get this mission done and fast. They may be coming for the abbey and if they circle us and take out any means of getting help or supplies in we could be in trouble! It would be war all over again!" Brum looks nervous and unsettled by this revelation and unsure of how to proceed.

==========
"Heh. Your caravan must be mighty fast then!" grins the vole as Brother Jack finally reaches the top of the stairs.
"Heh. Good to see you both made it safely! It's good exercise, getting up and down those steps!" smiles the bell-ringer. "So, the top of the tower is the highest point in the abbey. The roof above us and the wooden structures inside the tower are all made from the timber of the three ships used to free the slaves from the searat slaver Gabool the Wild. So there's quite some history here. There's a great view from here too." Jack points out the windows before inviting the creatures to view the bells up close on the X shaped walkways that stretch from one side of the tower to the other and allow passage under and around the bells. Up close the skill and workmanship that has gone into making the bells is obvious, the decoration and carvings gleaming in the brass-work of the bell simply stunning to behold.

==========
"Aye, but mind you, the gnats like our pond in the summer. Tis a good thing our trouts like the gnats!" Tullo grins. "You ever swum wiv a trout?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

[Image links broken. New links coming soon!]


Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 3423
Location: I dont know
Post Re: Redwall
Trevor sighed and slowly stood to his feet and shook himself off. The raccoon could feel the strain on his wounds and smiled as if a surge if youth had flooded him.

Looking to brock he nodded and chuckled "Ay stairs i can do....been too long since i last felt this way....almosy forgot how good it feels" Trevor said following brock

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:44 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
"If it's ok" Sara said "I think I would like to on the lawn." the fox smiled , thinking back when she was in the woods , there were days she got to enjoy having berries under the morning light as well.

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:48 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
Owain nodded, the movement hiding the expression on his face. "Torr, c'n you takr t' th' Abbey an' tell of what you know?" He looked up. "Norm'lly I'd say w' all go back bu'... If'n we find wha' we're lookin' for it'll be a massive buddugoliaeth... uh..." he closed his eyes and flicked his fingers as he tried to think of the word. "Uh... success? Vict'ry! Vict'ry for th' people. Like winnin' a battle wi'out fightin'."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 1298
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: Redwall
Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Heh. Your caravan must be mighty fast then!" grins the vole as Brother Jack finally reaches the top of the stairs.
"Heh. Good to see you both made it safely! It's good exercise, getting up and down those steps!" smiles the bell-ringer. "So, the top of the tower is the highest point in the abbey. The roof above us and the wooden structures inside the tower are all made from the timber of the three ships used to free the slaves from the searat slaver Gabool the Wild. So there's quite some history here. There's a great view from here too." Jack points out the windows before inviting the creatures to view the bells up close on the X shaped walkways that stretch from one side of the tower to the other and allow passage under and around the bells. Up close the skill and workmanship that has gone into making the bells is obvious, the decoration and carvings gleaming in the brass-work of the bell simply stunning to behold.



"'Vat a magnificent bell! remarked Marko. "Say what did 'dey do with 'de bell 'dat killing that vermin 'varlord? Is ;dis it, or is 'dis a new 'von?

_________________
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!


Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am
Posts: 425
Post Re: Redwall
Kelly simply nodded afermativly to the lawn idea and thought to himself of what to do after eating. Dispute this Abby's passafistic nature he knew that more than one swordsman had come from it's halls. The idea interested him.

_________________
RP Charecters:
Richardson Valley
Tribble #912F2F
Roma #7B3F00
Exotic Acres
Norbu #702963
Kosh #722f37
Apollo City
Roux #CC6666
Redwall
Kelly #CF1020


Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:25 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12213
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Redwall
With a wry smile, Brock takes the raccoon up the stairs - staying close just in case - to a desk in the library which has been cleared but for three or four maps showing the areas surrounding the abbey in varying levels of detail.
"So, what can you tell me?" the badger queries.

==========
"The lawn it is then!" The abbess leads the fox and bat to a dry, sunny patch of grass on a slight rise overlooking the pond in one direction and a group of dibbuns playing a game with a cloth and twine ball and some sticks. All in all, it's the picture of perfect peace and tranquillity. Seating herself, the abbess slices up the loaf of bread and wedge of cheese and offers her guests the tray to help themselves to the ale and food.

==========
"Of course. 'Tis where we're bound anyhow. Say, friend, do you want me to send some warriors with you to aid and protect you in your quest?" Torr offers.

==========
"No, the great Joseph Bell was cracked irreparably when it fell. It was then melted down and recast into the Matthias and Methuselah bells which are the two you see here today." Jack answers, secretly pleased by Marko's admiration. He uses his cuff to polish a bit of dust off one of the bells before crossing to a cupboard and removing two thickly padded velvet bags and two thick velvet pads with straps and buckles attached which he passes to the badger-fox for inspection.
"These are our muffles. They're tied over the clappers and they give the bells a softer, more mournful tone. We use the full muffles, the bags, when ringing the bells at funerals. We use the half-muffles, these pads with straps, in remembrance services and on one bell to ring out the old year. We then use the un-muffled bell to welcome in the new year."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

[Image links broken. New links coming soon!]


Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 1298
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: Redwall
Hlaoroo Wrote:
"No, the great Joseph Bell was cracked irreparably when it fell. It was then melted down and recast into the Matthias and Methuselah bells which are the two you see here today." Jack answers, secretly pleased by Marko's admiration. He uses his cuff to polish a bit of dust off one of the bells before crossing to a cupboard and removing two thickly padded velvet bags and two thick velvet pads with straps and buckles attached which he passes to the badger-fox for inspection.
"These are our muffles. They're tied over the clappers and they give the bells a softer, more mournful tone. We use the full muffles, the bags, when ringing the bells at funerals. We use the half-muffles, these pads with straps, in remembrance services and on one bell to ring out the old year. We then use the un-muffled bell to welcome in the new year."


"Very interesting, very interesting," remarked Marko. He wandered out past the bells and onto the balcony of the tower. See smiled at the fantastic view.

_________________
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!


Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:11 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
"Uh," Owain said, after thinking for a moment, "dau shouldn' be too 'ard on rations and..." he looked up to see their faces and guessed which word when one asked how many. He held up his little finger and ring finger. "Rest t' th' abbey. If'n they attack, get inside. Get in close an' tight."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:52 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
Sitting under the sun , with the gentle wind against her fur, Sara let her mind wandered . Lingered in her mind still , thoughts about the void in her story. Things she desired so much to uncover, questions she wished the answers for , yet feared what she may find in the end. Filled with thoughts , the vixen let out a sigh unknowingly.

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:51 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 3423
Location: I dont know
Post Re: Redwall
Trevor smiled as he saw the map and looked it out grabbing small markers as his eyes drew the paths he took. "our problem lies at the ruins of the church." Trevor said marking the once dark church. "no ones ever thought of it for years after its destruction for other problems but now it holds a large camp and in it few people from neighboring villages. and its the largest one of the few i found." Trevor said as he marks seperate forests and small towns around the church.

the raccoon rubbed his side and held back a small belch before shaking himself once we found out a bird spotted us and the archers were the first to fire. we were ambushed and had to fight back."

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am
Posts: 425
Post Re: Redwall
Basking in the sunlight, though his eyes squinted to make out things in this unfamiliar environment he wished he was flying. His ears twitched, and he unconsciously let out a sound the others couldn't hear... And got a much more vivid idea of what the blur of greens and reds and light just couldn't convey to him. He stretched our, eating cheese as he let his cloak fall away from his body.

_________________
RP Charecters:
Richardson Valley
Tribble #912F2F
Roma #7B3F00
Exotic Acres
Norbu #702963
Kosh #722f37
Apollo City
Roux #CC6666
Redwall
Kelly #CF1020


Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:45 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
"Pet'r," Owain said, "C'd you, uhm.... draw th'... " he gesticulated with his hands and the local word refused to coe to mind. "shapes? Of Redwall? Walls'n buildin's an' all? An... Them things at the corners? An' that bell's in one?"
"Towers?" Peter offered. When Owain nodded, Peter started drawing the shapes in the dirt.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
"erm , mam?" Sara whispered to the Abbess "may I ask you something ?"

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:14 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12213
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Redwall
"Of course, child. What is on your mind?" Edlyn queries, turning towards Sara.

A curious otter pup carefully approaches Kelly, never having seen nor heard of a bat before and hesitantly touches his wing before quickly withdrawing to a safe distance with his group of friends and staring.

==========
Jack replaces the bags and pads in their cupboard and joins the badger-fox at the railing.
"Quite a view, isn't it? The best in all Mossflower country, I've always thought."

==========
"Two. No problem." The shrew chieftain watches the drawing in the dirt. "What are you thinking, Owain?"

==========
"What manner of creatures were there and in what numbers? I can't see the local woodlanders or villagers fighting without good cause." Brock asks, scratching his broad muzzle.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

[Image links broken. New links coming soon!]


Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am
Posts: 425
Post Re: Redwall
Kelly grinned, and looked up into the sky. The sub was high, but it was going past clouds and the world was darkening. He wanted to put on a show for these little ones, so he raised his wings wide and jumped right into flight in mid air. He grinned as he flew around the any, grabbes a small crumbling peic of roof, and flew down to give it to the otter pup. He grinned as he turned back to the abbis and fox.

_________________
RP Charecters:
Richardson Valley
Tribble #912F2F
Roma #7B3F00
Exotic Acres
Norbu #702963
Kosh #722f37
Apollo City
Roux #CC6666
Redwall
Kelly #CF1020


Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:27 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
"Thinkin' the Arglwydd moch daear... uh, Badg'r lord's figur'd already bu' best t' be sure." He tapped the outer towers. "I'd sa' put good arc'rs in these tow'rs. They'll get mebbe ten saethau..." He mimicked pulling back a bow for a moment before guessing the right word. "...arrers b'fore gettin' out th' towers. Th' arc'rs in th' bell tow'r cov'r them until they get in. Then they join." He slapped the stick down on a wall of the diagram, making a small explosion of dirt. "Dinna fight hand 't' claw out 'ere. Get 'em in th' tight'st parts of th' abbey where you 'ave the advantage." He looked up at the lead Shrew. "Reck'n you c'n advise them a' th' abbey?"

After the chieftain replied, Owain turned to Brum. "I 'ate th' idea've violence too," he said softly. "Bu' if'n there's no choice, we've t'be prepared. C'n you suggest where the ones can't fight can go f'r safety, M'Cariad?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:00 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 5467
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: Redwall
"I....... I was just wondering...yesterday, when you found me, was I.....carrying anything ?"

_________________
My RP characters
viewtopic.php?p=766287#p766287 a reminder


Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:54 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12213
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Redwall
"Sure. If'n we're fighting to defend the abbey the Guosim rapiers'll be the first in the brawl!" Torr assures the mouse.

"The abbey is the safest place, Owain. Even if they come for us they'll be safest there. It's never yet been taken even when it was invaded by birds." Brum answers.

==========
The pup gives a small yelp and stumbles backwards, landing on his tail as he stares in awe at the aerial acrobatics. He glances open mouthed at the piece of slate tile in his paw before looking back, fascinated as the bat circles around towards the creatures on the lawn again.

==========
Edlyn looks at the white viexn.
"Precious little, Sara. There were a few scraps of cloth, the clothes you were wearing, some bits of wood and a broken sword. We kept them all for you. I can show you them if you like."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

[Image links broken. New links coming soon!]


Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 8539
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Redwall
Peter found himself distracted as an Apple hit him on the foot. He looked over to where it had come from and noted a few of the younger Guosim looking at him so he went over to give them their 'ball' back.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"'Ope it doesn' come t' it," Owain said, looking at Brum carefully. He could see the extreme worry in her eyes. "might not come t' it," he added hopefully. "Might b'able t' sort it out b'fore it gets worse, eh?" He gave her a small cwtch for reassurance.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2029 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CyberDragon and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.