Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: Redwall

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor pulled harriet closer to himself "I said you look cold. would you like to talk about your troubles? or should i tell you and your brother a story of my younger days?" Trevor said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:Biff stops mid-chew and looks at the berries in his paw. "You sure? They're ordinary currants, aren't they?" he queries nervously.
... Charles watched the hare look at his paws for signs of poisoning. I guess we'll find out soon enough... He said.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"S'a story, bit nasty," Owain recalled, "an' they only tol' me it on 'ccount of m'name bein' Owain." He took a sip of drink. "Way back when, in th' north Marches, an 'oly beast lived, a Vole an' 'is name was Brymbo. Now 'e 'ad two children, Owain the brave..." Owain winked at Brum. "...an' Win'fred the beaut'ful. This is where it get's a bit dark, bach. One day Brymbo an' Owain were out walkin' an' Win'fred was alone when the nasty Rat, Prince Caradog came to try an' take 'er. She ran an', mad at bein' spurned, Caradog gave chase wi' 'is sword drawn. 'e caught 'er an' cut 'er in two... Don' worry, Brum, I'd not tell an 'orrible story ov'r the lunch tabl, would I? Right as 'e does this, Owain an' 'is da come into view an', Owain's bein' good fighters an all, 'e sees to Caradog as Bueno sees to 'is daughter, puttin' the pieces back together an' prayin' for strength. An' 'er eyes open an' she stands up even as the Earth splits to bubblin' water where 'er 'ead 'ad been. An' they sit an' they talk an' she's told that anyone who needs 'elp an' drinks from the water there will find 'elp. They call Brymbo a Sant now," he added, taking another slice of Quiche, "Can' say if'n it's true'r'not but c'n 'ope, can't we? She went on to be the first Abbess of Llanfoist Abbey an' that spring's still there. But it's a well now. 'olywell, I think the lot from th' est calls it."
"wow..." Sara smiled "that is a nice story , and strange , but nice story, too bad you don't know if it's true of not huh ?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd was caught slightly off-guard, this was a fairly unusual question for him, "Where? Er, it may be... ten miles from here? I don't think it has a name." he said in a sort sheepish voice, "I live in a cottage by a stream in a clearing in the forest. I grow my crops there too, but the house is not very special." the otter continued, then paused to think, "You are... From here?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I guess we will..." Biff pockets a few of the berries, just in case and throws the rest away.
"Come on. We have to keep up with the troops. Whatever happens, we'll be all right if we get back to Redwall."
"Right behind you! We'll get you there, never fear!" Tamm assures.

==========
"I... I just d-don't understand how... How anyone could d-do that t-to a creature!" Harriet's ears droop and she suddenly finds herself crying. Instinctively she leans towards Trevor for comfort as her ears droop and the tears roll down her face. Bertie sits stony-faced, staring at the fire, not even noticing that his poking-stick has caught alight. Fortunately the babe is still asleep in his arms.

==========
"Well..." Brum is not too sure what to make of the story so she spends a quick moment gathering her thoughts.
"I find it a little hard to believe. Magic isn't real after all. It's also a bit disturbing. Why did that prince want to pursue and harm the poor creature anyway? Still, it had a nice ending, so that was good. I wouldn't tell it to a dibbun though. Thanks for sharing it, Owai- Oh, hullo there! What are you doing, climbing about under the table and onto hungry creatures' laps?"
"Kiki wan' chesknuts!" grins the mousemaid happily.
"Well, I haven't any more chestnuts. You ate them all. How about some carrot cake instead?"
"Yay!" Brum allows the dibbun to sit on her lap and pull apart the slice of cake she'd put on her plate but hadn't managed to bear the thought of eating after the rest of her ample repast.

=========
"Oh, that does sound lovely! I'd love to visit some time! Yes, I'm from Holt Redwall." Tilly confirms with a nod.
"Me father is the Skipper of Otters 'ere and me family comes from a long line o' Redwall otters. Say, d'you 'ave a family somewhere?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That's true," Peter remarked, suddenly feeling a bit queasy about the berries he'd just eaten. Weren't Long Patrol supposed to know the bad berries?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"S'metimes, Brum" Owain said between crunches of a carrot, "Bad peopl' c'n nev'r 'ave too much pow'r. They al'ays want what they don't 'ave. But y'r right an'..." He held his tongue as the youngster he'd been looking for yesterday suddenly popped up. "H'lo there, Kiki," he said, greeting the little Mousemaid, "Nice t'meet you."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

"That was a nice story Owain." Calder said while finishing his lunch. "Now if you will all excuse me, I need to get the forge set up." He stood up and started walking out of the room.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's true," Peter remarked, suddenly feeling a bit queasy about the berries he'd just eaten. Weren't Long Patrol supposed to know the bad berries?
Charles was worried for Peter and said.
Lets make it there on the double! He said, taking Peter's paw and leading the way back to the abbey.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Hello there Kiki" Sara said , smiled at the young mouse
Drake wrote:"That was a nice story Owain." Calder said while finishing his lunch. "Now if you will all excuse me, I need to get the forge set up." He stood up and started walking out of the room.
"We'll see you later then Calder"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Perhaps you can come over sometime, but I don't have much in the way of entertainment." Aldryd replied, "And I do have a family! Quite a large one, all over the place."
Hotep the psychic

Trevor hugged the hare as she cryed. "im a little suprised shes this way being part of the great hares, but shes new. she probably doesnt know this as i do or many others." Trevor thought unknowing what to tell her
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Gradually Harriet's tears subside.
"L-Look at me. I'm s-s-supposed to be a s-strong hare of the L-L-Long Patrol b-but here I am b-b-blubbering at the first sight of blood!" she hiccups. "W-what kind of w-warrior am I? A t-t-terrible one, that's w-what!"
Sniffing, she looks at Trevor's chest, covered in tears.
"S-sorry... I m-made you all wet..."
The crying of the babe brings Bertie back to the real world and he drops his stick into the fire just before the flames lick his paw. Bouncing the young rabbit gently, he removes the stew from the fire and scoops a spoonful of the liquid from the top. After blowing on it for a few minutes to cool it fully, he tilts the spoon to the babe's lips and the babe slurps hungrily. Smiling happily, his worries for a moment forgotten, Bertie repeats the process until the babe, satiated, refuses to take more. He then hesitates, unsure as to whether or not he should disturb Harriet and Trevor.

==========
"Well, nevertheless, it still sounds nice and I'd like t' see it. We could make it a day trip. But, when yer not too busy, of course. Yer looked like you were on a mission when you came up from the cellars, matey. May I be so curious as to enquire what it was?"

"Right. See you later, Calder!"
"Bye bye!" Kiki waves a sticky paw before looking at Owain and Sara.
"Bwum. Who? Who dat?" she queries, pointing at the pair.
"That's Mister Owain and Miss Sara. They're friends." This satisfies Kiki and she nods happily as Brum recalls that Owain hadn't actually met Kiki yet despite having helped with the search.
"Hlo, 'wain! Hlo', Sawa!" she waves before turning her attention back to the cake.
"Oh, yes. I'd better introduce you guys properly. Owain, Sara, this is the infamous Kiki who caused so much trouble yesterday. I don't think you met yet, did you? Oops! Careful there, Kiki!"
"Teehee. Messy!"
"Very messy!" agrees Brum as she scoops cake from Kiki's lap and wipes at the mouse's habit with a napkin.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Aw , but she's so cute , how can she cause any troubles ?" Sara asked , while smiling at the little mouse
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"This'un's th' plentyn... uh, Dibbun, went wand'rin' ddoe... yes'rday." Owain said whilst giving Kiki a tickle. "Not th' only one wi' wand'ring feet, am I?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reckon you might be right about the berries, Charles," Peter said, feeling distinctly queasy.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum's smile widens as she looks up at Sara. "Oh ho ho. You've never looked after dibbuns before, have you? They can be a right pawful at times! I wouldn't trade them for the world though!" she says with feeling, watching Kiki getting more cake smeared on her face and paws than she manages to eat.
Finishing the cake, Kiki reaches for a bowl of strawberries and manages to grab a pawful.
"St'awbee, Missa 'wain? St'awbee, Sawa? St'awbee, Bwum?" The young mouse solemly and expectantly offers a juicy berry to each of the three creatures in turn.
"St'awbee, Kiki? Fanks, Kiki!" Accepting the proffered berry, Brum has to giggle as the mouse shoves the strawberry into her own mouth.
"Mmm! Nice!"
"Very nice! Thank you, Kiki!" Brum pretends to chew her sticky, cake-covered strawberry and then slips it to a kindly molewife passing behind her while Kiki isn't looking. She signals behind Kiki's back to Sara and Owain that they can do the same as the mole with a twinkle in her eye holds up the pail in which she's collecting scraps.

==========
Biff is beginning to sweat and looks rather uncomfortable himself.
"I dare say... That you might be right, ooh, Peter. I really must apologise, old thing. Long Patrol chap like myself... Ought to know better." he manages to grunt between painful stomach cramps.
"Come on, you two. Best save your energy for walking." Tamm hides his worries for the sake of his companions as the column of hares, led by the badger lord, nears Redwall.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you, m anwylyd Kiki," Owain said, accepting the berry. He popped it in his mouth and swallowed. "Eat'n worse on th' road," he confided quietly to Brum.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ooh, Nanette's not going to be happy," Peter said slowly.

((m anwylyd = my dear))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

It's not your fault, Mr. Biff. Those berries are hard to distinguish from safe berries. Charles said. He saw the sweat form on the hare and continued to worriedly walk.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Brum's smile widens as she looks up at Sara. "Oh ho ho. You've never looked after dibbuns before, have you? They can be a right pawful at times! I wouldn't trade them for the world though!" she says with feeling, watching Kiki getting more cake smeared on her face and paws than she manages to eat.
Finishing the cake, Kiki reaches for a bowl of strawberries and manages to grab a pawful.
"St'awbee, Missa 'wain? St'awbee, Sawa? St'awbee, Bwum?" The young mouse solemly and expectantly offers a juicy berry to each of the three creatures in turn.
"St'awbee, Kiki? Fanks, Kiki!" Accepting the proffered berry, Brum has to giggle as the mouse shoves the strawberry into her own mouth.
"Mmm! Nice!"
"Very nice! Thank you, Kiki!" Brum pretends to chew her sticky, cake-covered strawberry and then slips it to a kindly molewife passing behind her while Kiki isn't looking. She signals behind Kiki's back to Sara and Owain that they can do the same as the mole with a twinkle in her eye holds up the pail in which she's collecting scraps.
"Aww , thank you dear" Sara smiled , receiving the strawberry from the little mouse , then secretly gave it to the mole behind her back , while pretending that she ate the fruit .
Hotep the psychic

Trevor smiled before waving at the hare that it was fine. "its ok Harriet but don't focus on the negatives. Death is something we all will encounter as people and soldiers. What you should focus on is the good. It is why we are here. It is why we are seen so grand. With that we find new duties and reasons to continue what we do" Trevor says gesturing the child before checking the fire then the Windows and outside. His demeanor still in an alert sense. His eyes showing something wrong.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Harriet nods. "Y-you're right," she hiccups. "It's to s-stop that from happening that I'm doing this. I'm doing this for all the good creatures out there, to keep them safe. I have to stay strong for them."
Wiping her eyes, she stands up and takes a few deep breaths, staring into the flames as she composes herself. Meanwhile, Bertie follows Trevor to the window.
"Do you see something, sah?" he queries, drawing his sword.

==========
Brum shudders. "THAT'S a story you can keep to yourself!" Brum replies, wiping Kiki's face and paws with a napkin.
"So, shall we head out and find Brother Rudolph then? Or did you want to go to the forge, Owain? If you're both finished lunch, that is. No rush."
"Aye, I'm ready whenever you are." confirms Ambrose.

==========
Biff suddenly stumbles as a particularly bad cramp hits him. Clutching at his belly, he can't help but groan. Looking ahead, he sees the red stone of the abbey ahead through the trees and knows he's getting close. Suddenly the world tilts and he finds himself stretched out on the ground and not quite sure how he got there, not even noticing the rock which cut his head above his eye as he landed. Vaguely he hears the sound of running paws, urgent voices. He feels himself being lifted and manages to convey to Tamm that he has a sample of the berries in his pocket before the black edging his vision closes in. The big hare continues to drift in and out of consciousness as his regiment sprints for the abbey, Tamm towing Peter and Charles.
"How are you doing there, Peter? Need a lift too?" Without waiting for a answer, Tamm lifts the young vole over his shoulder as another hare hoists Charles and the pair run for the abbey as fast as only Long Patrol hares can.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Whoop" Peter said as Tamm hoisted him over his shoulder. "Sorry for wh...wh...what may happen," he said hesitantly as he felt himself getting queasier.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Abs'lutely," Owain said before giving Kiki a quick game of Patticake. "Seein' as 'ow I gotta get m' blade for Cald'r t' practice on w' might do both, eh?" He let Kiki win.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"What... What was I doing? I completely forgot if I had a reason for being so adamant on my way up to here." Aldryd mumbled, scratching his ears slightly, "But, I suppose that leaves me free to do other things, doesn't it?"
Hotep the psychic

"bertie i want you to make sure...." Trevor said before interupted by the unknown arrow cutting his shoulder, the force making him stumble a bit. "I Knew it someones here watching us." Trevor said ducking as he looked back outside again slowly to find where the arrow came from. "must have been here to get rid of eveidence. or get the child. Harriet make sure that child is in a safe spot. bertie go out the back and get to a different view point see if we can find the enemy. Be careful as he is an archer" Trevor said before grabbing his own bow.

(enemy is a large Rat)
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Brum shudders. "THAT'S a story you can keep to yourself!" Brum replies, wiping Kiki's face and paws with a napkin.
"So, shall we head out and find Brother Rudolph then? Or did you want to go to the forge, Owain? If you're both finished lunch, that is. No rush."
"Aye, I'm ready whenever you are." confirms Ambrose.
"Yes , I'm ready too"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Don't apologise If you get those berries out of you then it's gotta be a good thing, wot?" replies Tamm without breaking step. The front of the column arrives back at the abbey and there's a brief bit of confusion while the gates are opened and then the soldiers enter quickly and hurry across the lawn towards the main building.

==========
"You were going to look at Brother Rudolph's carrots." Brum reminds the burly otter as Tilly catches a signal from Skipper and excuses herself from Aldryd to go do her chores.
Kiki claps Owain's paws happily, cheering as she wins.
"All right. No sense dilly-dallying. Let's go."
"Kiki come! Kiki help!" declares the little mousemaid determinedly.
Ambrose lifts Kiki and cradles her in his arms, tickling her under her chin and making her giggle. "I'll take care of the little 'un if you want to help Owain again, Brumble. I wouldn't want to come between you two. I can see you like each other." he teases.
Instantly Brum's tail covers her face again and she freezes momentarily, her arm midway out as she was offering it to Owain.
"Um. Ahem. Well, uh... I..."

==========
"Lootin', more like, sah." Bertie guesses before passing the infant to Harriet and drawing his sling, loading a stone into it and slipping out the back. Harriet, shielding the babe with her body, heads for the same wall in which the window is located, knowing that the oblique angle would make her harder if not impossible to hit.
"Are you all right, sah? That hit you!" she queries urgently.
Bertie meanwhile has exited the back door and is slipping around the side of the building, eyes peeled for any sign of movement as he twirls the sling. Thinking he spies something, he fires a stone into a bush before flattening himself onto the wall and reloading his sling.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain gallantly loope his arm around Brum's as if to show that that was all she'd intended. "'M sure she's just a' sweet wi' ev'ryone," he said gallantly.
---------------------------------------
Once again, Peter apologized to Tamm. This time, however, it was because of what had just happened as opposed to what might have been going to.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles remained silent as he was lifted, still keeping an eye on Peter.
I wish I had said something before...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Owain gallantly loope his arm around Brum's as if to show that that was all she'd intended. "'M sure she's just a' sweet wi' ev'ryone," he said gallantly.
"yes , that is true" Sara nodded , though she couldn't help but giggled a bit at Brum's blushing
Hotep the psychic

Trevor moved silently with his bow outside as another arrow sailed past him. He then took his shot before hearing the hares stone sail into the bushes the resounding thud was loud enough to know it hit trevor moved closer finding the rat unconcious but also armored, his helmet caved from the stones hit. Trevor then said that it was alright before he dragged the rat out. "Little fight, but armored? Could be a scout" trevor thought before looki.g up into the air finding nothing on birds that may be around.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The compliments don't exactly help. Brum becomes flustered all over again.
"Yes... Ahem... Well... Er... Thanks for... for the kind words. Er... Rud- er... Brother Rudolph is waiting." she reminds everyone and attempts to head for the door. Before she can though, a group of hares hurry through the hall carrying a hare, a mouse and a vole over their shoulders.
"Well. I wonder what that was about." Brum says when they've disappeared up the stairs.

==========
Tamm assures Peter that it's quite all right and that he'll clean up a treat as he enters the abbey and passes Brum in the Great Hall.
The hare carrying Charles begins talking to the mouse without breaking step.
"This is not your fault, sah, so don't go blamin' yer bally self, wot? You did well to stop them before they ate any more of them so focus on that. You're a hero, wot?"

==========
"I reckon he's a looter, sah." Bertie nudges an empty sack on the rat's belt with his hindpaw.
"We see them often. They follow armies and other vermin and clear up whatever spoils are left. They're too cowardly to participate in the main conflict but they're too lazy to make an honest livin'. What do you think we should do with him?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain kept to his feet and swayed steadily before the group rushed past. "Wasn' tha' the bell-ring'r?" Owain asked as the hares bounced by, "An' the young mouse from las' night?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter had fancied he'd like to run as fast as the wind on days but, now it was seemingly happening, he wasn't really enjoying it that much. "I'll be all... <urp> right, Charles," he protested.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Ah yes, yes, the carrots." Aldryd mumbled as he stood and fell into step with Brum, "Are you alright? You seemed flustered." he said to the squirrel
Hotep the psychic

"even looters are hidden bertie. they wait for everyone to leave before doing there job. decides im more curious to why hes in armor and fired on us." Trevor said grabbing what looked like only two rings on string before binding them to his wrists and claws digits. He then easily hefted the rat up and carried him to the house entrance to get a better look at taking off his armor and weapons. "Harriet were safe now, but make sure everything we brought is stowed away, were going back to the abbey soon" Trevor said.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Peter and the new mouse, yes... That looked serious. I want to know what happened but I think it's best we keep out of the way for now. We'll find out soon enough. And I'm fine, Aldryd, thanks for asking. I'm just... Are we going to go see Brother Rudolph or will we just stand here all day?" After making sure Owain is steady on his paws, Brum leads the way out of the abbey and around the side of the building to the vegetable garden.

Brother Rudolph turns out to be a sprightly field mouse, no longer young but also not yet old. Sporting a brown habit and a floppy straw hat, he turns and leans on his shovel as he hears the approaching creatures, revealing startling blue eyes whose pupils are pure white.
"That you, Brumble? I'd recognise the spring in your step anywhere. No one walks quite so lightly as a happy squirrel. And who've you brought with you?" he queries, staring blindly ahead.
"Sounds like an otter and a big 'un too from the weight of those pawsteps. And some poor beast with sore footpaws. And hello, Ambrose."
"Afternoon, Rudy!"
"Hi!"
"Friends, this is Brother Rudolph. Rudy, you guessed right, as always. It's me, and this is Aldryd the Otter, Sara the fox and Owain the mouse with the sore paws. Rudy is blind but he hears so well that you could swear he has a spare pair of eyes somewhere. His ability to deduce facts from sounds is uncanny."
"Ah, it's just practise, Brumble. Anyone could do it. So what brings you lot down here?"
"Aldryd is an expert gardener. We thought perhaps he could help with your carrots."
"Ah, yes. Funny business that. I can't figure out what's gone wrong with them this year."
"If you please, sir, I mean no offence but... How do you garden if you can't see?" queries Sara shyly.
"Heh. The garden never moves. I know my way around here after so many seasons so it's no trouble really. And I have plenty of willing paws to help me if my rows start going wonky or if I try to plant squashes instead of potatoes."
"Hurr hurr, doan't be a-listenin' to 'im. 'E bes the one 'oo tells us moleyfolk when our lines b'aint a-straight loike an arrer."* grins a passing mole.
"Heh. Like I said. Practise. So, what shall I show you first, Master Aldryd?"

*Don't listen to him. He's the one who tells us moles when our lines aren't straight as an arrow.

==========
"Bring them in! Bring them in! Put them on the beds here! What happened?" Evelyn bustles around the infirmary as she hears the tale, passing Peter a bucket to catch any more mess the vole makes, collecting blankets and sheets to make the creatures properly comfortable and generally giving the impression of confidence and normality. She knows what a reassuring effect this can have on scared patients and sick creatures and she effortlessly keeps the role up, hiding her fears when she's shown the berries.
"I'm glad you brought a sample of these for me. A proper identification aids treatment. These are Deadcurrants. It's a pun on redcurrants since they look similar. They're not nearly as bad as they sound though." she assures the assembled creatures.
"Now out! Out out out all of you! I need space to work! Peter, dear, you concentrate on filling that pail and getting as many of those berries out of your system as you can. In the meantime I'll concentrate on your friend here. He'll be fine. The berries just happen to have a soporific effect when eaten in a large quantity. Just like a hare to pig out." Mixing some herbs into a thin paste, Evelyn cradles Biff's head and carefully pours the bowlful into Biff's mouth.

Biff is vaguely aware of being carried upstairs and then of softness and comfort. The blackness begins to close in again until Evelyn sits him up with a bit of a shake and the hare feels something slipped between his teeth. A bitter taste covers his tongue and he coughs some out before becoming lucid enough to realise that he needs to swallow. Soon the bowl is drunk and Evelyn lies Biff back on the pillow just as the blackness envelops the hare again.
"That's all I can do for him. It's up to him now. That potion should counteract the worst of the effects of berries but he'll still have a nasty bellyache when he wakes up. Now, it's your turn, Peter." Evelyn makes up another dose and carries the bowl to Peter.
"I'm afraid it's a bit bitter but this is one potion I can't make any sweeter. You'll just have to hold your nose and drink it quick if you can. And don't worry if you bring it up again. You're still awake so you're already in a better position than the hare. As long as you get some of this in you it'll help." Evelyn offers the bowl to Peter, making sure not to block his access to the pail.

==========
Bertie continues to argue his point as Harriet carries out Trevor's orders.
"Looters like to protect themselves, sah. They'll fight if surprised or threatened and they'll wear whatever armour they can find. He might have thought the place was abandoned and then attacked when he found we were still in residence. Leave no evidence and all that, wot? I say, ugly blighter, isn't he? Face only a mother could love, that one. And even she'd have trouble, wot wot?" he giggles, his old spirit returning as the adrenalin wears off.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"keep in mind this is a small village bertie, theres nothing to loot already from the attack, plus that armor isnt from here. So why wear armor and attack when we did not see him yet?" Trevor said finding a small diary hidden under the chest plate. Trevor looked at it for a moment before pocketing it and setting all the armor together to carry
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Prynhawn da, Broth'r Rudolph," Owain said, carefully guiding the other Mouses hand paw into his for a shake of friendship. "Uh, g'd aft'rnoon," he corrected. "What do sore bawennau... uh, paws sound like any'ow?" He asked with a smile.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you, Sister Evelyn," Peter apologised, "and sorry for being silly." He covered his nose with a paw and took a drink of the bitter mixture. It made his eyes water and he reckoned he'd just about... Oop. He put his head in the pail again. "Is that an eyeball?" he joked for Charles' benefit.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Call me Rudy. Everyone does except when they're trying to be formal which doesn't happen much around here. Sore paws have a quite distinctive sound. There's a bit of a sliding and an irregularity to the gait. I also heard the odd sharp inhalation. I think you're more sore than you're letting on. And given that you just shook my paw with your right and only guided it with your left, I think you're right pawed so considering that and the timing of the irregularity in your steps, I'd say it's your left footpaw that's the most sore. Am I right?" grins the mouse after shaking Owain's paw warmly. Once again, Brum is astounded at the depth of the fieldmouse's perception but she holds her tongue, waiting for Owain's reaction.

==========
"Oh, pish tosh. You're not silly at all! Why, the tales I could tell of creatures who've ended up in my care from sillier things than this!" Evelyn manages to catch the bowl before Peter bends over his pail again. When the mouse looks up again, she gently offers him the bowl again.
"Drink it all if you can." she ignores his jest.

==========
"Some looters travel far and wide so as not to be caught, sah. An' some don't fancy waitin' until a bod's done with 'is stuff 'afore they take it, wot. Plus he had the element of surprise. He just didn't know who he was up against or how many of us there are. He underestimated us, that's 'is trouble." Bertie explains, becoming more confident and slipping back into his natural cockiness as he talks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of'n is," Owain agreed. "Got shav'd once by the tip've a Rat spear. Wond'r if tha' made it more sensitif... er... sensitive?" He smiled. "Wait, 's the same word in both languages."
------------------------------
"Thank you ag...again. Glack!" That last was the sound he made as the liquid went down and, without meaning to, he made a sour face.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd gnashed his teeth, having been turned around and confused by Rudolf's complicated way of speaking, "Er... About those carrots? Where are they?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you, Sister Evelyn," Peter apologised, "and sorry for being silly." He covered his nose with a paw and took a drink of the bitter mixture. It made his eyes water and he reckoned he'd just about... Oop. He put his head in the pail again. "Is that an eyeball?" he joked for Charles' benefit.
Unfortunately, Charles had been taken out of the room. He was scared and angry that everyone around him in Mossflower wood seemed to have gotten hurt at some point. Peter and one of the hares that were protecting them were in the sick bay, and it was because he didn't try stopping the hare. Charles held his head in his paws, throwing the bandage off his head in frustration.