HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by Hlaoroo »

"He has food poisoning apparently. He should be fine in a few days. Until then his understudy will take his place in the show. I'm to inform anyone who asks of the change." Kelly finishes relaying the message.
"He has a funny little parrot droid. I'm sure he'll be well looked after." assures Todd.
"So... What shall we do now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Viria walked around the room, marveling at the scene and the technology that created this projection. Anything in the universe... It was then that a thought popped into her head.
"U-umm." The fox turned around, hands behind her back, looking politely at James. "Hey... Do you think we could look at one place in particular I wanna see...?" The fox asked, uncharacteristically polite, fidgeting nervously from foot to foot.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion wants to go to the park. Wealthy replied.
Orion nodded.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That would be enjoyable."
"I have no objections to that. When shall we leave?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

We don't have a COMPLETE list of all that stuff, but it's pretty close. James said. He raised an eyebrow at how polite Viria suddenly was. Depends. Where do you want to go?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm fine with right now." Dust said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Me, too!
Alright, lead the way... Wealthy said.
Orion said goodbye to Dust's owner before leaving.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Umm... Can I see the Colorado State Forest? Just... Somewhere deep in it, if you get what I mean. No people stuff." The fox shifted her weight from side to side.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Farewell, Mr. Glacia. Thank you for your help."
"Yes, thank you, Mr. Glacia, for the repairs. Good bye." With that the two ferrets follow Orion and Wealthy out the door.
"We're going to the moon landing park, correct?" Kelly wishes to clarify as she searches her map.
"That's got the flag, right?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion looked back at the droids with a smile.
Besides the school playgrounds, the moon landing park is the only other park in Apollo City, so we'll be heading there. Orion explained.
Wealthy continued to follow silently, more information about his surroundings slowly brought up before his eyes.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

James smiled. Of course. That actually came preprogrammed. Computer, activate simulation 4-AZ. The room shimmered again, and they were now in some deep woods. Welcome to the Colorado woods, roughly 10 miles away from the nearest trail or campsite.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Legotron123 wrote:James smiled. Of course. That actually came preprogrammed. Computer, activate simulation 4-AZ. The room shimmered again, and they were now in some deep woods. Welcome to the Colorado woods, roughly 10 miles away from the nearest trail or campsite.
Jemmy ran a paw along a tree's bark. Even the sounds and scents were finely reproduced. "Quite impressive."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Cool. Sounds like fun. What shall we do once there?" queries Kelly.
"Is the park purely for memorial purposes or for recreational purposes too?" Todd enquires.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The fox's breath caught and her eyes widened a bit as the scene changed. Looking around she saw the trees, bushes, and parts of the sky above. She knelt down and patted the ground, feeling the soft dirt beneath her. After a moment of inspecting and looking around she got up, and stood still, closing her eyes and taking one long deep breath in.
It was then that tears, silently began to run down her face,

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Both. The flag in the center is protected by a force shield, but around it, there is bare moon sand we can play in! Orion said. They made it to the park and began walking through the grass.
Dad wants to install a playground somewhere around here. Orion said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:The fox's breath caught and her eyes widened a bit as the scene changed. Looking around she saw the trees, bushes, and parts of the sky above. She knelt down and patted the ground, feeling the soft dirt beneath her. After a moment of inspecting and looking around she got up, and stood still, closing her eyes and taking one long deep breath in.
It was then that tears, silently began to run down her face,
"The alteration of your vital parameters are related to intense stress, but not to fear or depression. Is this the place you call 'home'?" Jemmy inquired
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah snapped his fingers and pointed to Viria when he realized something. You said you were from the sanctuary right? That means you were transferred from earth. You probably miss this scenery a lot. He put his hand on her shoulder. Feel free to call us whenever you want to come over and see it again.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"The alteration of your vital parameters are related to intense stress, but not to fear or depression. Is this the place you call 'home'?" Jemmy inquired
"Uh huh." The fox said, quickly trying to wipe the water leaking from her face. "Well, part of it I guess..." She took a deep breath to calm herself, and sighed.
Legotron123 wrote:Noah snapped his fingers and pointed to Viria when he realized something. You said you were from the sanctuary right? That means you were transferred from earth. You probably miss this scenery a lot. He put his hand on her shoulder. Feel free to call us whenever you want to come over and see it again.
Vi instinctively shrugged off the dog's hand, then paused, glancing over at Noah for a moment, ears flattened, before looking back at the scene.
"Thank you..."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Is the sand likely to clog my cooling fans?" queries Kelly, unwilling to be damaged unless necessary.
"I shall have no troubles. I am designed for work in harsh environments." Todd assures. "Kelly on the other hand is designed for customer assistance and interaction. I think her fur ought to filter most of the dust but we'd best be careful."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

As long as your not chucking sand balls at each other, you should be fine. Wealthy replied.
Orion began walking down the steps towards the moon sand.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah nodded at Viria. You're welcome. James clapped his hands and addressed the group. Well than, shall we continue exploring time and space, or shall we look at some of my recording equipment?

valerio

Post by valerio »

Legotron123 wrote:Noah nodded at Viria. You're welcome. James clapped his hands and addressed the group. Well than, shall we continue exploring time and space, or shall we look at some of my recording equipment?
"I am interested in your recording equipment. For a small fee to the benefit of my owners, I could even improve them if you so desire."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, that is reassuring." Kelly says while Todd makes sure the vents on his hind-paw-mounted jet propulsion units are firmly sealed before stepping into the sand.
"So... How does one engage in recreational activities with particulate material such as this?" enquires Todd, shaking the sand from his toes.
"I believe the aim is to create patterns and designs and residences for imagined royalty from it. It can also make a soft surface for rough-and-tumble type of play." explains Kelly.
"Is that not correct, Orion?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion blinked a few times, not exactly sure what she said.
We can make sand castles and sand angels! But I can't do that with my body... Orion said. He took his foot and began dragging it through the sand.
Yeah, you do that stuff with sand. Wealthy replied. He got on his knee's and began building a sand castle, but was met with "useful information about the park". Stuff about where the flag came from or who the first people to step on the moon were. He grunted and continued to build.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Vi quickly wiped off the rest of the water from her eyes with arm and nodded. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing some of that stuff."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly follows Todd onto the sand. She picks up a pawful and lets it run between her fingers and then crouches and begins building a flat platform. Todd, catching the message on the intellicom system, begins to help her. Once the platform is about a yard long and a foot and a half wide, the droids begin shaping it and drawing a pattern of stripes on it before filling in a corner with stars. It's not long before they have a replica of the flag hanging on the pole under the dome.
The two stand back to admire their work and then Kelly begins to play a recording of "The Star-Spangled Banner" from a recent show back on Earth, complete with a grand orchestral backing, saluting the flags as she does so. Todd hurries to emulate the gesture but he doesn't copy the singing.
"Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!?" Kelly finishes proudly, or at least with her closest simulation of pride.
"That was an entertaining diversion. I can see the attraction for organics." muses Todd. "Well played, Kelly."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion claps at the end of the song and smiles. What he was drawing was just a smiley face with his sonic screwdriver (at a frequency that doesn't bother the droids.)

Wealthy just sits on the ground, drawing circuits in the ground that roughly resembles the motherboard of a standard Atlas otter droid.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Back at the Smiths’ apartment room, John lowered the passed out cat in his arms into her bed, and tucked her in, before walking out and heaving himself onto the slightly worn sofa. This was one instance where he was glad he chose a fairly strong build for a human identity; even with Ashe’s significantly lower than average weight it’ll still be difficult for someone less fit than he was to carry a full-grown cat several blocks across. He had checked Ashe’s vitals on the way back, and noticed nothing wrong whatsoever. Guess it must really be food coma. He needed to start thinking about portion control with his daughter, though he doubted that she would agree.

He fished inside his lab coat pockets for his holophone, and saw that he had a missed call. Chuckling slightly at how some technology never changes despite the years, he unlocked his phone and checked the number. Unknown number. Could have been anyone, seeing how he had been passing his business card around.

John was just about to call the phone back when he felt a strong surge of power passing through his body. Shocked, he immediately reverted to his alien forme and used his antenna to pinpoint the source. The apartment block nearby! The pink alien narrowed down his search, but before he could find the exact point, the signal dissipated. No trace of it left whatsoever.
The alien could feel his chest beating hard even when he did not exactly have a human heart at the moment. What was that?
=========================================================================
After seeing that all his first customers have left, except for the lady at the corner, and having brought her order to her, Hajime went back behind the counter to clean up the espresso machine. Not many customers at the moment; understandable, seeing it was about 10 in the morning. Cleaning a porcelain mug, he let his mental functions idle for a bit and activated his daydream sequence. It’s an odd function for a droid like him, but he found that it has its uses at times. He remembered the rather wily orange cat anidroid staring at him for a bit, in that “I might have a crush on you” sort of way, and wondered if his pseudo-instinct function was true on this. Not that he was weirded out by it by any mean, oh no, the otter was built and programmed to be charming and courteous to everyone, serving as what the humans would call ‘eye-candy’ for the customers. It’s just that this was the first time a fellow anidroid had exhibited any sort of reverence at him, and a male-designated one at that!

The otter shrugged to himself. He’ll learn to just let it pass, what’s important is that the customers are happy! Speaking of happy, he took a glance at the lady at the corner, now perusing her phone with a blue Anidroid rodent placed on the table. His original course of action at this particular situation was to remind the customer to not place anything that doesn’t belong on the table as such, but his master had given an override to that command, saying that the customers can do whatever they want as long as they did not directly disturb the other patrons. The fair woman seemed rather sad though. Maybe she was burdened with something in her mind?[/color]

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust clapped for Kelly's performance as one of the tentacles from his arm was dragging itself around in the sand.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy's eye caught the tentacle. He carefully tried to pick it up, but the tentacle wiggled out of his digits. He batted at the tentacle and laid flat on the sand as he watched it. If anyone saw him, he'd look like a cat playing with a mouse.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After bowing and thanking those applauding her, Kelly turns to Todd and after a few moments of discussion the pair begin building a much more traditional sandcastle.
"We have no shells, seaweed or sticks so we shall have to make do with drawing on decorations instead." observes Kelly before glancing around at Orion's and Dust's drawing.
"Nice work, Orion. He looks quite cheery. What are you drawing, Master Glacia?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Soon, Hajime’s internal thought processors indicated that it was time for his mandatory 45-minutes morning break before the afternoon lunch rush. The lithe otter anidroid finished up his task of cleaning the counter and after making sure he was not currently attending to any customers personally, snuck into the store room without anyone noticing. He removed all his equipment except his faux glasses and arranged them in a neatly fashion at his cubicle. Then he walked out the back door through the kitchen, nodding slightly towards the kitchen crew on the way, and out into the open air.

Hajime sighed. He never really understood the point of these ‘break times’, because an anidroid like him was supposed to be able to work all day without any need for rest unless he was having some technical problems or when his batteries ran out, which usually happened at night. But Alec-sama had insisted that each crew member of the Café must take at least two 45-minutes intermission from work daily, and being the serious butler he was programmed as, he took it as the house rules and followed them anyway. Usually he just sat unmoving at his spot in the store room to pass the time away, almost feeling like torture seeing how he really loves working. This time though, his emotions core seemed to be acting rather odd, registering some algorithms that were parsed as ‘curious’ and ‘urge’, making him want to go out under the artificially-illuminated sky and have a walk. Must be some bugs in his system; he will have to request for an early tune-up from Alec-sama later.

For now, he let his logical centre be by-passed, opting instead to satisfy this new ‘urge’ of his. With almost no emotions whatsoever exhibited on his face, he strolled along the street, then across another one and registering the sights from around him impassively. His walk soon brought him to the moon park, and he saw a part of the group of guests he had attended to earlier this morning doing something in the lunar regolith under the American flag. Without a solid algorithm to tackle such encounters, Hajime ambled towards them almost headlong, arriving next to the two ferret anidroids who seemed to be building a sandcastle of sorts, if his memory banks’ data served him right.

“Greetings, goshuuj--- minna-sam --- san. Minna-san.” Hajime uncharacteristically stumbled with his words and repeated himself, reminding himself that this was an informal meeting outside the café perimeter. “My apologies for the verbal mistake. If I am allowed to do so, may I inquire what is it that you are doing at the moment?” Still with that baritone voice, and still with that friendly yet serious butler mannerism.

(OOC: minna-san = everyone))

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lets go then. James deactivated the holo-chamber and led the group down the hall. He went to a room filled with cameras and other recording equipment. Handheld cameras, cameras with stands, flying cameras, all upgraded and modified to fulfill their roles. What do you think?

valerio

Post by valerio »

"You are quite equipped," Jemmy commented. "What are your intents in domestic broadcasting? You seem capable to organize yourselves for a larger infrastructure."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

kurowolfe wrote:Without a solid algorithm to tackle such encounters, Hajime ambled towards them almost headlong, arriving next to the two ferret anidroids who seemed to be building a sandcastle of sorts, if his memory banks’ data served him right.
An exclamation point flashed before Wealthy's eyes.
"Sexy at 7 o'clock"
The cat turned looked towards the steps at his 7 o'clock to see Hajime running(?) down the steps. The cat suddenly heard himself purring as he watched the otterdroid walk by him. Wealthy quickly shut off his purring and looked at the tentacle before letting it go.
kurowolfe wrote:“Greetings, goshuuj--- minna-sam --- san. Minna-san.” Hajime uncharacteristically stumbled with his words and repeated himself, reminding himself that this was an informal meeting outside the café perimeter. “My apologies for the verbal mistake. If I am allowed to do so, may I inquire what is it that you are doing at the moment?” Still with that baritone voice, and still with that friendly yet serious butler mannerism.
"Voice is as smooth as chocolate"
Cut it out... Wealthy thought to himself. He sat up and looked up at the otter.
Hey Hajime... He greeted in his normal, somewhat bored voice. Suddenly, Hajime's face was outlined in white. The white outlines then formed into the otter droid's custom memory bank.
Woah...
The cat began to suddenly pur. It was very impressive to hold so much storage and so expertly designed that Wealthy couldn't help but blush.

Orion folded up his sonic screwdriver and checked the time.
15 minutes before the meeting starts... Orion voiced.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hello again, Hajime-san. We are engaging in a pleasant diversion popular among organics known, I believe as building a sandcastle. Would you care to join us?"
"The objective is to form the particulate matter into shapes and patterns, especially either those reminiscent of everyday objects or of residences of organic royalty." explains Todd.
"Understood, Orion. Do you wish to attend the meeting on your own?" Kelly replies to the cy-dog.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hm? Oh, I'm just letting this thing crawl around." Dust said, pointing at the tentacle.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hello again, Hajime-san. We are engaging in a pleasant diversion popular among organics known, I believe as building a sandcastle. Would you care to join us?"
"The objective is to form the particulate matter into shapes and patterns, especially either those reminiscent of everyday objects or of residences of organic royalty." explains Todd.
It actually took Hajime a while to actually process the rather wordy explanation that the ferret pair had provided, staring at the sand within the duration. A small 'ping!' rang inside his body, and his eyes and facial expression exhibited comprehension again.

"Ah, I understand now. Building a sand castle with designs fit for a king or queen." He rubbed his chin with his right paw. "I must apologize though, I will not be able to participate in this activity, because I'm only on a short break, and will need to leave in about... 35 minutes. Thank you for inviting me though Kelly-san, Todd-san, and if I may, I would like to watch you build your castle." A small smile flashed across the otter's muzzle.
MrNeonShot wrote:The cat turned looked towards the steps at his 7 o'clock to see Hajime running(?) down the steps. The cat suddenly heard himself purring as he watched the otterdroid walk by him. Wealthy quickly shut off his purring and looked at the tentacle before letting it go.
"Voice is as smooth as chocolate"
Cut it out... Wealthy thought to himself. He sat up and looked up at the otter.
Hey Hajime... He greeted in his normal, somewhat bored voice. Suddenly, Hajime's face was outlined in white. The white outlines then formed into the otter droid's custom memory bank.
Woah...
The cat began to suddenly pur. It was very impressive to hold so much storage and so expertly designed that Wealthy couldn't help but blush..
The purring did not escape Hajime's audio receptors, but only after he finished his conversation with Kelly and Todd did he finally turn to face the source of the purrs.

It was the orange cat. This was supposed to surprise anyone in his shoes, or footpaws if you're an anidroid, but the otter droid had been expecting this encounter... somehow. How was that possible, it was beyond his main processors. Still, he felt like he should do something to appease this feline.

Hence, he walked slowly up to Wealthy, and placed a paw on the latter's right shoulder. With an especially warm smile on his bespectacled face, and his eyes exuding charm and seriousness, he said, "Hello, Wealthy-san. Is everything alright?"
====================

John had managed to calm down somewhat, still in his alien forme. But with calm came worry, and the lavender life-form squinted his large round eyes. Is this a possible terrorist attack? It's not like he knew what happened to the attackers back on the Moon Base when they left in that space pod, and that was only yesterday! That wave energy burst was something that was not conceived for normal civilian purposes, and the speed of its disappearance sparked even more worry. He needed to investigate; he didn't want There's also that black data scrambling around the rabbit droid's arms in the elevator back there; could these two phenomena be connected somehow?

He needed to investigate; he felt that it was his duty to do something and curb this....whatever this was, from ruining the lives here. He reformed back into his human forme, and headed for the study table, hastily writing something on a piece of paper. Finishing the rushed message, he placed that on the coffee table, and exited the room, leaving Ashe behind to rest.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy's eyes went wide as he stared at the otter, the blush refusing to leave.
Y-yeah... That was all he could get out. The letters reading off the emotions of the otter-droid as if he had emotion.
What made it worse was Wealthy's body seemed to be breathing heavily and uncontrollably now. Wealthy pushed the paw off his shoulder and began walking away wordlessly, staring at his own body to try and get a reading. As he walked, his legs became heavy and began morphing into a different, bulky and muscular shape. The rest of his body followed suit. He collapsed onto all fours as he now resembled a large tiger. His eyes also seemed completely black.

Wealthy could see the power grid under the park, and his focus adjusted from the flag in the center of the park, to a house floating above a very large tower.

Orion saw Wealthy collapse and ran (walked) to his side.
Wealthy, what happened to you? Orion asked.
Wealthy growled at the dog.
I don't know! I've only had this body for a few hours! He explained. Wealthy could sense the concern and wanting to help the dog was emitting to his hyper sensative sensors.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Certainly, Hajime-san. We're sorely lacking in decorations but the structure is taking shape nicely. Have you any experience with such diversions? We'd appreciate recommendations regarding shape, size or decorative sculpting."
Todd is about to say something else when Wealthy appears to malfunction.
"Well, well. It appears our friend is a mech. Perhaps we should call for Hinata. She may be able to aid him in mastering his secondary form." he suggests.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters