Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Not very," said Vanilla honestly. "Ever since I was old enough to walk on my own, Dad doesn't walk us much. He usually just gives us free rein, and I don't go out much unless I need to. But I have other forms of exercise."

Vanilla mentally jaw-dropped at herself for being so open and honest with Max. She wasn't usually such an open book.
"Our parents don't walk us much either, but Liz does her best to make me go outside as often as she can." Max replied, "So I got in the habit of taking walks like this to clear my mind. It's surprisingly peaceful this time of day."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:"Our parents don't walk us much either, but Liz does her best to make me go outside as often as she can." Max replied, "So I got in the habit of taking walks like this to clear my mind. It's surprisingly peaceful this time of day."
"I see," said Vanilla, who did. She knew Liz to be that type. Vanilla was kind of glad she didn't live with Liz.

To the last thing Max said, Vanilla nodded. "I can sympathize with clearing one's mind, although this wouldn't be my preferred method. I don't see it as being quite so peaceful."

Why AM I opening up to him this much?! she thought.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"I see," said Vanilla, who did. She knew Liz to be that type. Vanilla was kind of glad she didn't live with Liz.

To the last thing Max said, Vanilla nodded. "I can sympathize with clearing one's mind, although this wouldn't be my preferred method. I don't see it as being quite so peaceful."

Why AM I opening up to him this much?! she thought.
"Everyone has their own ways to clear their mind. I walk, Liz runs, Morrigan meditates. What would be your preferred method, then?"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:"Everyone has their own ways to clear their mind. I walk, Liz runs, Morrigan meditates. What would be your preferred method, then?"
Vanilla stopped, then shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

"Listening to Philip Glass music...."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:"Everyone has their own ways to clear their mind. I walk, Liz runs, Morrigan meditates. What would be your preferred method, then?"
Vanilla stopped, then shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

"Listening to Philip Glass music...."
Max nodded, "Music is a wonderful thing. Especially musicians like him."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "Music is a wonderful thing. Especially musicians like him."
Vanilla's ears perked up.

She couldn't help a smile. Not many "got" Philip Glass, in her experience. They mostly thought (from what she'd heard) that it was mind-numbing NON-music from a musician who was at best unimaginative and at worst talentless. This hurt Vanilla, as she knew that a true test of an artist's worth is to do something difficult and make it APPEAR easy. And that was Philip Glass all over, as far as she was concerned.

"Indeed," she said, catching up to him again. Maybe this walk wouldn't be so bad after all.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla's ears perked up.

She couldn't help a smile. Not many "got" Philip Glass, in her experience. They mostly thought (from what she'd heard) that it was mind-numbing NON-music from a musician who was at best unimaginative and at worst talentless. This hurt Vanilla, as she knew that a true test of an artist's worth is to do something difficult and make it APPEAR easy. And that was Philip Glass all over, as far as she was concerned.

"Indeed," she said, catching up to him again. Maybe this walk wouldn't be so bad after all.
"I'd call myself a fan of any classic instrumental music, from busy concert orchestras to minimalism." Max followed his statement up, with a nod and a smile.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:"I'd call myself a fan of any classic instrumental music, from busy concert orchestras to minimalism." Max followed his statement up, with a nod and a smile.
"Really?" said Vanilla. "Does that include Wagner?"

She tried to keep her voice neutral but she had something of a contempt for Wagner's opera, at least in the case of his more famous works. Not that the man wasn't talented, but...was that really the best he could have done? She thought not.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Really?" said Vanilla. "Does that include Wagner?"

She tried to keep her voice neutral but she had something of a contempt for Wagner's opera, at least in the case of his more famous works. Not that the man wasn't talented, but...was that really the best he could have done? She thought not.
"Well, I like his work. But he's not necessarily my favorite." Max said, "I'm more of a Schubert kind of dog."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:"Well, I like his work. But he's not necessarily my favorite." Max said, "I'm more of a Schubert kind of dog."
Vanilla rolled her eyes.

"I once asked Liz what she thought of Schubert, and she said that lime was her favorite flavor."

(OOC: Please let me know if I've gone too far, or erred, in mentioning Liz here--I just couldn't resist the joke.)
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla rolled her eyes.

"I once asked Liz what she thought of Schubert, and she said that lime was her favorite flavor."

(OOC: Please let me know if I've gone too far, or erred, in mentioning Liz here--I just couldn't resist the joke.)
Max rolled his eyes as well in response, and gave a little chuckle, "That sounds like something she would say."

((OOC: Not a problem, that's exactly what she would have said in that situation anyways. :lol: Liz isn't very bright. ))
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

ctcmjh wrote: Liz was also lost in thought about something that she was interested in. But her dilemma was a much simpler one. She was holding up two collars, one a chartreuse green, and the other a harlequin green. After much deliberation, and a coin toss, she put on the chartreuse green collar and skipped out the door. It may be getting late, but she didn't really care. Liz enjoyed taking walks whenever she could. She passed Max on her way out and waved, "See ya, Maxie!" She called as she skipped passed him and towards the path through the woods, leading to the clubhouse. She reached the clubhouse and saw that there were lights on inside.

She smiled and skipped on towards the door, a big smile on her face. She opened the door to the clubhouse quickly and skipped inside, smiling, "Hello!~" She called out before looking around, resting her eyes on Sly and Aethon kissing on the couch of the clubhouse. She just stood there for a moment, staring at them. She knew that Sly was with Rendak, and that got her mad that he was cheating on him like that. But she couldn't help but remember when she kissed Sly in that very same place, under very similar circumstances. She stood for a minute more before turning and walking out of the clubhouse with a loud, "HMPF!"
Sly gasped himself, breaking the kiss with Aethon, and looking towards the surprised Liz that starred at him. Being lost for words, he simply looked back at her, the look in his eyes basically showing disbelief. As Liz walked out, he tensed his eyes, and gave off a small growl towards Aethon. Blaming the fox completely, he pushed Aethon up and climbed off the couch. Readjusting his collar, tail laying stationary between his legs, he slowly says: "Thanks a lot Aethon...now I might lose 2 close friends today..."

Without giving Aethon a chance to say anything, he swiftly ran to the door after Liz, simply hoping to salvage this situation somehow. "Liz, I'm sorry, that's not what it looked like..." He began, rushing up behind her and hoping she'd give him simply the time of day.

(I'mma wait for Seth to post before making my own with Awesome, is that alright Shiro?)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly gasped himself, breaking the kiss with Aethon, and looking towards the surprised Liz that starred at him. Being lost for words, he simply looked back at her, the look in his eyes basically showing disbelief. As Liz walked out, he tensed his eyes, and gave off a small growl towards Aethon. Blaming the fox completely, he pushed Aethon up and climbed off the couch. Readjusting his collar, tail laying stationary between his legs, he slowly says: "Thanks a lot Aethon...now I might lose 2 close friends today..."

Without giving Aethon a chance to say anything, he swiftly ran to the door after Liz, simply hoping to salvage this situation somehow. "Liz, I'm sorry, that's not what it looked like..." He began, rushing up behind her and hoping she'd give him simply the time of day.

(I'mma wait for Seth to post before making my own with Awesome, is that alright Shiro?)
Liz turned angrily and stared Sly down, "Oh, so you weren't kissing all over Aethon?" She accused, stomping her way up to Sly and poking him in the chest.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly looked away, expecting this to happen yet somehow it still shocked him. Biting his lip before speaking, he finally looked back at Liz defended himself as best as he could. "You know Aethon, and that he can be very persuasive..." He began, obviously regretting his actions. "I can assure you there were no feelings there at least...it was just me not thinking for a few moments too long..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly looked away, expecting this to happen yet somehow it still shocked him. Biting his lip before speaking, he finally looked back at Liz defended himself as best as he could. "You know Aethon, and that he can be very persuasive..." He began, obviously regretting his actions. "I can assure you there were no feelings there at least...it was just me not thinking for a few moments too long..."
Liz kept her hard glare, "When you kissed me, Sly, there weren't any feelings behind it were there?" She asked, "You weren't thinking when you kissed me either, were you?"
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

When Liz mentioned how herself and Sly kissed, Sly looked down once more. The cat should've expected this, but in the spirit in the moment wasn't thinking as fluently as he normally did. He looked back into Liz's stare, the usual confidence in his eyes not quite there. "I-I wanted to kiss you there...I mean, there were feelings there..." Sly began, before suddenly stopping, realizing he was digging himself a bigger hole with Rendak. Part of him didn't care, but another part of him wanted this over with as painlessly as possible, and he wasn't sure how to do that.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:When Liz mentioned how herself and Sly kissed, Sly looked down once more. The cat should've expected this, but in the spirit in the moment wasn't thinking as fluently as he normally did. He looked back into Liz's stare, the usual confidence in his eyes not quite there. "I-I wanted to kiss you there...I mean, there were feelings there..." Sly began, before suddenly stopping, realizing he was digging himself a bigger hole with Rendak. Part of him didn't care, but another part of him wanted this over with as painlessly as possible, and he wasn't sure how to do that.
"I don't know what to feel about this, Sly." Liz said, her anger dropping, "I really, really, really like my Jacky. But I also really, really, really like you, Sly." She started to sound sad, "I don't want to hurt Jackson, and I don't want you to hurt Rendak. But... I also don't want to lose you..."
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly looked back to Liz slowly, tail still dropped sadly behind him. "I know those feelings..." Sly said softly, part of him wanting to hug Liz, if only because he preferred hearing her angry at him that sad in general. "I really wish there was a painless way for everybody to be happy..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly looked back to Liz slowly, tail still dropped sadly behind him. "I know those feelings..." Sly said softly, part of him wanting to hug Liz, if only because he preferred hearing her angry at him that sad in general. "I really wish there was a painless way for everybody to be happy..."
Liz dropped her tail, sadly, as she looked to the ground. She hugged Sly quickly without warning, "I don't want to hurt anyone, and I don't want be hurt either." She cried, burying her face into Sly's chest.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly gasped almost inaudibly in surprise, before hugging Liz caringly. He stroked down Liz's fur gently, trying to calm her, and hoping Liz wouldn't look up to see the sadness on his own face. "shh, shh, it's alright..." Sly began, his own heart racing. "Listen...there's gotta be a way to solve it all painlessly...I just haven't been thinking hard enough about it...It'll all end alright, I'm sure of that..." Very slowly, he made a comment that obviously came from the heart, that Sly just couldn't stop himself from saying. He whispered into Liz's ear: "I'm so sorry I've hurt you so much.."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly gasped almost inaudibly in surprise, before hugging Liz caringly. He stroked down Liz's fur gently, trying to calm her, and hoping Liz wouldn't look up to see the sadness on his own face. "shh, shh, it's alright..." Sly began, his own heart racing. "Listen...there's gotta be a way to solve it all painlessly...I just haven't been thinking hard enough about it...It'll all end alright, I'm sure of that..." Very slowly, he made a comment that obviously came from the heart, that Sly just couldn't stop himself from saying. He whispered into Liz's ear: "I'm so sorry I've hurt you so much.."
Liz kept hugging Sly, crying a little less, though still crying. She purred slightly when Sly stroked her fur, "There has to be a way to make everyone happy..."
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly kissed the top of Liz's head softly, not entirely realizing why he did it himself, though believed it was just to show how much he cared. "Yeah...where there's a will there's a way after all..." He said, confidence once again in his voice.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Conrad barked and waited the three seconds the rules required, he started to move back slowly listening for some kind of noise, it had been a while since he had needed to track something by sound and he was a little rusty.

(OOC:sorry for the quick post but I'm super busy right now)
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly kissed the top of Liz's head softly, not entirely realizing why he did it himself, though believed it was just to show how much he cared. "Yeah...where there's a will there's a way after all..." He said, confidence once again in his voice.
Liz's purring became more steady, and her crying slowed down to a halt when Sly kissed the top of her head, "Yeah..." She said, quietly, before looking up and kissing Sly lightly on the lips.

---

Morrigan, who was laying in a tree in the park, watching the pets who were playing around in the park. She shook her head, "I get the worst feeling that Liz is doing something absolutely stupid right about now." She said to herself.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla rolled her eyes.

Max rolled his eyes as well in response, and gave a little chuckle, "That sounds like something she would say."

((OOC: Not a problem, that's exactly what she would have said in that situation anyways. :lol: Liz isn't very bright. ))
Vanilla tried not to laugh, as she didn't want to hurt Liz's feelings, absent though she was. But yes, it was ridiculous, and she was glad to be talking to someone other than Honey who knew how ridiculous it was.

"So, what's your favorite 'flavor' of Schubert?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla tried not to laugh, as she didn't want to hurt Liz's feelings, absent though she was. But yes, it was ridiculous, and she was glad to be talking to someone other than Honey who knew how ridiculous it was.

"I prefer raspberry. How about you?" Max asked her.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla tried not to laugh, as she didn't want to hurt Liz's feelings, absent though she was. But yes, it was ridiculous, and she was glad to be talking to someone other than Honey who knew how ridiculous it was.

"I prefer raspberry. How about you?" Max asked her.
Vanilla frowned.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it."

She put her hood over her head and turned away.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla frowned.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it."

She put her hood over her head and turned away.
"I know, I know. I couldn't help myself." Max admitted, "My favorite 'flavor' would be Impromptu in G flat major. You?"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:"I know, I know. I couldn't help myself." Max admitted, "My favorite 'flavor' would be Impromptu in G flat major. You?"
Vanilla was all set to say "Ave Maria."

Instead, she said "Der Erlkönig."

Suddenly her eyes bugged out and her ears stood on end.

"No! I didn't--I didn't say that--I--I--oh, NO!!!"

Vanilla got off the path and sat down, putting her paws into her pockets and looking for all the world like a hobo.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla was all set to say "Ave Maria."

Vanilla got off the path and sat down, putting her paws into her pockets and looking for all the world like a hobo.
"Well, Der Erlkönig is a nice composition." Max tried to assure her, "Ave Maria, and his many symphonies are also some of my favorites."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla was all set to say "Ave Maria."

"Well, Der Erlkönig is a nice composition." Max tried to assure her, "Ave Maria, and his many symphonies are also some of my favorites."
Vanilla groaned. "Kibble...."

She took a deep breath. "I didn't intend to say that. I don't know why I'm saying these things to you--I'm NEVER this open with anyone!"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned. "Kibble...."

She took a deep breath. "I didn't intend to say that. I don't know why I'm saying these things to you--I'm NEVER this open with anyone!"
"I don't think it's a bad thing, that you're opening up to me like this. I like it, you're really nice to talk to."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned. "Kibble...."

"I don't think it's a bad thing, that you're opening up to me like this. I like it, you're really nice to talk to."
"But...I NEVER get this open with anyone. NEVER!" said Vanilla, sounding scared rather than angry.

"I just...this is completely foreign territory to me, and I don't know how to deal with it. It's scaring me."

Vanilla was so upset she almost didn't hear his compliment. She thought it less embarrassing not to say anything given her current state. She'd thank him for it later.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"But...I NEVER get this open with anyone. NEVER!" said Vanilla, sounding scared rather than angry.

"I just...this is completely foreign territory to me, and I don't know how to deal with it. It's scaring me."

Vanilla was so upset she almost didn't hear his compliment. She thought it less embarrassing not to say anything given her current state. She'd thank him for it later.
"Well, I can help you deal with it. That's what friends are for."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"But...I NEVER get this open with anyone. NEVER!" said Vanilla, sounding scared rather than angry.

"Well, I can help you deal with it. That's what friends are for."
Vanilla looked at Max with a pained expression on her face.

"That's not fair to you--you don't know me that well. Honey usually does that, and even she doesn't know me as well as I'd like sometimes, even after all these years...."

She turned her head and tried to be discreet as she wiped away a tear.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla looked at Max with a pained expression on her face.

"That's not fair to you--you don't know me that well. Honey usually does that, and even she doesn't know me as well as I'd like sometimes, even after all these years...."

"Well, I want to get to know you better." He told her, "So, it's not unfair because I want to."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla looked at Max with a pained expression on her face.

"Well, I want to get to know you better." He told her, "So, it's not unfair because I want to."
Vanilla sighed, rolling her eyes.

"What exactly is it that you want right now?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know, actually. Honestly." Max admitted.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know, actually. Honestly." Max admitted.
Vanilla stood up and stared into his eyes.

"You say you want to get to know me better. You know that much. I'm asking, in what respect?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla stood up and stared into his eyes.

"You say you want to get to know me better. You know that much. I'm asking, in what respect?"
"I want to be a friend to you, someone you can depend on and feel comfortable with."