Non HPU: Chival Res

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Non HPU: Chival Res

Post by Jacey »

Greetings Newcomers to the glistening RP of Chivalry residencies (the name for now. If you are lost on what is going on, please refer to The OOC.)

Episode 1: Let's start with a Bang

In the middle of the shining city, stands the towering building of Crim Tech, the center of a great technological empire built by its founder Edward Smith. Normally Mr. Smith travels the world, visiting the locations of the various factories or meeting with important men in Washington. Three weeks ago, his head research and development building suffered an explosion that took out a key section of the laboratories. He is now here to ensure the employees that were victim of the explosion and their families are well taken care of, to oversee the reconstruction of the R&D building, investigate the explosion, and to reassure the media that everything is fine and this was not part of any super powered villain attack. As well as be present for a few charities he set up.

Right now though, he was standing in his office, taking a break from his research on a mysterious experiment that happened years ago, working on a new project for the government, also watching the local news. All on three monitors, this kind of multitasking always stressed him. He put his hands in his pocket and stared out across the city, from this height everything seemed peaceful. Deep down though he knew this wasn't the case, or wouldn't be yet. This grand new developing city had been quiet for to long, and to safe from any villainous force.

The mayor built this city to be a safe haven from the old days of heroes and villains. But as the voice on the news began to talk about a genetically enhanced human and a prison break. He had a gut feeling that this city might soon be plunged into a struggle, the struggle of heroes and villains, good and evil. It had already started, with reports of a masked vigilante with a suit of armor racing from area to area, saving to people. His first appearance was saving a family from a burning building that somehow mysteriously lit on fire, then he showed up to stop a bank heist. The police chief had put out a warrant for his arrest. Edward had looked into this vigilante, connected the dots of when he showed up, with the explosion, and who it could be.

Suddenly the phone rang, Edward went to it, turned it on to the speaker phone and went back to staring out the window arms crossed. "How far back does the explosion set us back Jason?"
"Back to the drawing board with project Chronology sir."
"A shame, we were getting far on it."
"Well I believe they might have achieved a wormhole sir, one of the survivors woke up from her coma and was telling everyone they "opened it", if they meant the wormhole then I think it worked".
"You are right Jason, it did work".
"Sir? What do you mean?"
"That vigilante? The one that showed up two weeks ago? I have been watching him, he has my tech, or the stuff I will build. That suit of his, looks a lot like what I just started building on my computer Jason. I started on a exo-skeleton design this morning, impossible for anyone to know about it."
"So, could he be a time traveler? Do you think he will stay on the good side?"
"I think so Jason, now tell me. What of that experiment I have you also looking into?"
"Wager sir? Well we had nothing until this morning, actually why I was calling you. We found something, a old building in the woods, the team thinks its the origin site, hard to tell. Would be easier with a certain heroes help."
"He retired". Edward cut Jason off before he could go on about the hero.
"I know, anyway, I sent the file we found, its a bit corrupted but... well you need to see it for yourself Ed."
Edward went to the computer, opening up the file and watched as a scientist tried to justify his immoral choices. The video went to static and returned to a scene of a blue blur destroying everything in its path. He paused the video to get a better look at the blur if he could. To his luck it paused at a good enough moment to see a fox, with more than one tail. He stood in silence for a long time before talking to Jason again "Jason, this is what I was worried about. A threat like this, it could spell doom for the world."
"Does this change your plans again sir?"
"Yes it does Jason, I have always had a feeling of impending doom, that something would change the peaceful time of this city. Wager, these super powered convicts being talked about on the news, the vigilante. This is all the start of a new change for this city, a change I didn't want my son to be a part of." He looked out towards the city again, fearing what was to come, "But now, it is time to hasten my plans. It is time for Dorian to take up the real family business."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It had been a rough week for Dorian. The night before he stopped a robbery, this morning he had just got done visiting the local school to hand out supplies and some grants to aid the low income families and help their children receive a good education. He was tired from his long week at his new third hobby, a rather dangerous one as well. His new hobby was of course, being a vigilante, he just started the week before. Even brought down his first villain, one he nearly didn't survive after underestimating him.
Once finally home he entered his garage, once everything closed he turned on the tv. There was a breaking news report currently happening, he listened to it while also putting on an ear piece
"Good morning Chip."
"Good morning Dorian, how was the event?" A robotic voice responded to the greeting
"Wonderful, another school will be set for another year. Once again saved by the mighty CrimTech." While Dorian was saying this sarcastically, there was some care in his voice. He had always been split on how to feel about the charity work he did. His father grew distant the last few years hardly home, then sent Dorian off to a new city only to later show up and make it the capital of CrimTech. He wasn't pleased with being adopted only to be ignored for some big ambitious project like a technology empire. But he dealt with it, he had ambitions, goals and was always confident in achieving them.
The news caster on the tv was still talking about a prison break in a near by penitentiary. The screen showed three pictures, one of a human named Jim "Big Jim" Anderson, a rooster named Kentucky Fried, and the third was the guy he stopped last week, his name apparently being Ryan Ketch. They had broken out of prison and were currently at large.
"Looks like you might want to do a patrol of the city today Dorian." Said the voice, Dorian was still getting used to a futuristic artificial intelligence talking to him and also being aware of his surroundings.
"I think so, just need to fix it, also got to get the burn marks out." Dorian went to the back of his garage, being a self employed mechanic became rather useful for his vigilante hobby. With also being the heir to the biggest technology company in the northwest meant he could make a house with a rather large garage space, and at the back, in a walled off room was a suit of armor. An exo-skeleton that he had been recently using to assist in his... late night activities.
"So now, what was that you were saying before I had to leave this morning about trying to make this more fireproof? Something about a robot?" He took out a wrench and began retightening a few pieces of armor that felt loose during his last night patrol.
"I was saying that after finding and looking through your future rogues gallery, you might want to begin to invest in making the suit more fire resistant."
"Because of a what again?"
"A robotic dragon"
"Yeah, right, robot dragons. Do I have any other ye old time like villains? Goblins? Knights, Wizards?"
"A few"
"Oh goodie." He said, finishing up any checks on the suit. Suddenly his phone began to ring. It was his father, he had thought of ignoring it, letting it go to voicemail. As it probably was about spending money and being careful with it. He was tired and figured he could be lectured later.
"You will want to get that. Trust me, its very important."
"Is this one of those, set in stone events that I have to do? Because I really don't"
"It is, now do it before the call ends" Dorian rolled his eyes and swiped the answer button
"Morning dad, what's up?" He was now curious as to how and why his father and this call was important, but the A.I. had this rule that he couldn't go into detail about these events, they just had to be done or history could be messed up. Of course the fact that becoming a hero because he was told he would be one by a A.I. supposedly from the future was a predestination paradox in itself and was altering the time line.
"As you know, I am in town"
"Uh huh"
"Something came up, it is very important to me and it will involve your future. Its about you taking on the family business."
"More legal papers to sign I imagine?"
"Well, not exactly. I can't say over the phone though."
"Okay, I am on my way, I just need to finish up here at home". He was almost done wiping the mud off the boots. "Good, thank you". His father said and hung up.
Dorian stood up and looked at the suit, "I can compact the suit right? For storage?"
"Yes"
"Do you think I could get it into a back pack?"
"You can try" Replied Chip.
After a solid fifteen minutes, Dorian managed to fit the entire suit into a backpack. He got out his motorcycle, put on his helmet and began to make his way to CrimTech HQ.
Last edited by Jacey on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Civilization

Re: Non HPU: Chival Res

Post by Civilization »

Yves woke up and stretched in his room, Uistean had already woke up and left a small mess by his bed again. He cleaned in up and put it neatly on his night stand, he looked at it, wondering why Uistean wanted to mess with this. Yves made his way down into the kitchen, Uistean was making a mess out of it going from counter to counter and occasionally their island table. He was getting into his zone, trying something new for this breakfast.
"Hey, where's dad?"
"Still at work, hey, want some breakfast."
"Um, sure. What is it this time."
"French toast."
Yves climbed up onto the stool at the island, knowing that no matter what this would be no regular french toast. Uistean walked over and set a plate down in front of him. Standing back and watching him with a smile, "Tell me what you think."
Yves knew the routine when it was just them two. He took a bite out of it, it tasted odd, kind of good, kind of off.
"What's in it."
"Well there's the bread, milk, eggs, cinnamon, butter, syrup..." Uistean paused waiting for Yves to finish the food on the plate, "Some pancake mix."
Yves looked at Uistean, "Of course there is, well, it wasn't that bad, not as inventive as usual."
"No, not enough time this morning, any plans for today?"
"No."
Yves started helping Uistean clean up all the dishes, "Then can we go to the store, we need more ingredients."
"Can't we just get the pre-made food."
"No, Charley makes a living off this and I make a hobby out of this too."
"Fine, let's wrap up here and lets go."
After they finished cleaning up in the kitchen they took some of their spending money and made their way to the local grocery store.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Matthias slept soundly as cars drove by idly down the street below him.
The gecko lived in a 2 story house with his owner and his mother in a city that was still being developed. For some reason, his owner suddenly dropped everything she was working on in Texas and moved to this city in Idaho that pretty much had nothing to offer. She became a lawyer and set up her now small town firm in this city along with a partner she had met in college years ago, and the 2 pretty much had nothing to do. That is, until the explosion at Crim Tech.
Lawsuits were flying left and right for compensation, and lawyers were needed left and right. And while Mr. Smith was seemingly a nice guy who tried to compensate everyone, some people don't really care about good intentions and try to get as much money as they can. After all, he was a billionaire, so he could obviously afford to fork over more cash.

Margret was actually rather annoyed at how some of the clients presented acted of outrage despite half of them not actually being in the same sector as the explosion. It seemed like people just wanted to use the law as a petty excuse to get rich quick at the expense of a company that did all they could to keep safety as a number on priority... But then again, what if the company didn't do all they could? Perhaps the outrage from some of the clients was justified and they needed someone to fight for them.
The woman sighed, watching as her coffee brewed in the pot directly in front of her, filling about half way as the smell of coffee drifted softly through the air.

However, for Matthias, he could smell the coffee being brewed in the kitchen clear as day and woke up slowly.
The gecko slowly sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes for a moment before reaching over to the table and grabbing his white cane before standing up and extending the cane. He silently made his way to the stairs, carefully taking each step slowly as he made his way downstairs.
"Good morning..." He yawned, his cane tapping along as he found a seat and sat down.
Margret looked behind her and saw the black gecko sitting at the table with hooded eyes.
"Hey, Kiddo! Are you still feeling sleepy?" she asked.
Matthias nodded.
"Is mom awake?" He asked.
"Not yet. But I think once the crickets start chirping on your plate, she'll realize it's breakfast time." Margret joked.
She then grabbed a bowl of cereal for the gecko and set it in front of him before handing him the spoon.
That's when the mother gecko came walking downstairs, wearing a skirt and a red tank top, carrying a jacket that matched the color of her skirt over her shoulder as she sat down at the table.
"Morning, sweety." the lady gecko said from beside her son.
Matthias smiled and waved as he brought the spoon up to his mouth with his free hand before taking a bite of his breakfast.
"I stayed up last night sorting through the files like you asked, Ms. Margret" The mother said to her owner and colleague.
Maria had taken up the secretary position at the firm, so she was kind of like an assistant to the 2 lawyers who worked there.
"Thank you! Now we should be fairly set for some more cases. Hopefully we won't have any more to do with the Crim Tech explosion." Margret said.
"Hey, should I go to the firm with you guys today?" Matthias asked.
Maria looked to her owner as the woman stirred her coffee.
"Actually, we need some more coffee and some other supplies, so you and Maria can pick those up from the store." she said. She looked back at the 2 and noticed that Matthias forgot to get dressed.
"But you'll need to get dressed first before going."
Matthias patted down his sides, feeling his flesh, then his boxers before nodding and slurping up the last pieces of cereal in his bowl.
"Right. Be right Back." he said before standing and walking back up the stairs, his cane ticking on the ground as he went.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Larkin picked out another bolt from his coat, inspecting it to make sure it was the size he wanted. With great precision he tightened the bolt in place. Now the two pieces were joined he reached for the wielder. It felt light in his hands. Curious, Larkin opened the catch and inspected the fuel tank. 'Empty, great.' He put the wielder back down and stood up. 'Dad!' He yelled, 'I'm heading out to get some supplies! Is there anything you wanted?'
"Yeah, could you fetch some Light bulbs? The hallway light burnt out." Francis murmured back, barely audible.
"Ok, I'll see you later!"
Larkin unpinned a list from his drawing-board and added the two new items to it. He placed that in one of his coat pockets and put his arms through the sleeves. He then grasped the handle bars of his pride and joy and wheeled it out of the open door. He then propped it against the wall as he closed and locked the door behind him. Mounting his bike he checked the brakes before speeding off down the road.

He checked his list one more time as he coasted around a corner. It was a short list this time, only six items including what he added earlier. 'Hmm, I might just being able to bring back some re-bar from the CrimTech wreckage.' He turned sharply round a T-junction, heedless of the traffic coming his way...
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Sirius, hey, HEY. Are you awake? He nudged the dog with a toe and was met with a groan, "Hey, I made breakfast."
Sirius laid on the couch, still wearing headphones from last nights gaming spree he and Markuss had thrown with Markuss' friends. He sat up and rubbed his eyes staring blearily at the clock and looking around the room.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm awake. What's for breakfast?"
"Getting so old you can't even follow your nose?"
"Pretty much. I just woke up and we were up all night. My joints are creaking and my back hurts." He laughed at his own joke and kicked his legs off the side of side of the couch, standing and stretching, a few cracks echoed from his back. He tilted his head, earning a few more pops.
"Have fun last night?"
"Too much soda, but otherwise, yeah, lot of fun. Picked up some of them wins."
"That you did. Now come on, don't want these cakes gettin' cold."
Sirius proceeded to follow him into the kitchen, stopping once when his head snapped back, the headphones still on his head. Markuss suppressed a chuckle and dropped a plate of pancakes and bacon on the table.
"You know, I told myself that would happen and I didn't do anything about it. So what are your plans for today?"
"Well it's not my shift to direct the CrimTech building explosion cleanup for the next few days, so I figured I'd probably just chill here, do some errands or whatever."
Ever since this explosion Markuss had been working hard directing various crews, filling out paperwork, mashing schedules and the like. It wasn't easy work but it wasn't the hardest job around and he along with a bunch of other people did help keep things running smoothly. That's all that Sirius knew at least, a lot of the recovered tech had to be kept secret so Markuss never really told him much about the goings on, just that there was a lot of stuff there but that most of it had been removed.
"I've got some errands to run, mostly just picking up packages from the post office and getting papers sent to various workmen. You mind dropping by the store and grabbing food for dinner? I left some cash on the desk near the front door."
Sirius nodded, "Sure, no problem. You want anything in particular? Otherwise I'm just gonna grab burger material."
"Nah, sounds fine, I'm too lazy to make a gourmet meal today," He grinned, shoving another forkful of pancake into his mouth.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The morning was met with a particular canine crawling out of bed and letting out an oddly quiet yawn as she stretched. Heading to the kitchen the wolf cub bounded down the stairs, only to trip a few steps from the bottom and face-plant into the floor.
"Strike? that you?" a voice came from the other room as the pup picked herself up off the floor, shaking a bit of dirt out of her fur before bounding into the other room and skidding into her human owner.

The goofball still thought she was some obscure breed of dog, but she didn't care. It wasn't like she could tell him. Besides there's no guarantee he would get it anyway, this was after all the man who had decided to name his pet after her tendency to knock things over en mass, like bowling pins, despite how dumb it sounded. So instead she just stared up at him, smiling, before backing up a bit.

"Here. I made you a few sandwiches... Are you sure you'll be okay on your own today?" He asked, his tone changing from encouraging to worried half way through.
The response he got was an emphatic nod, as the young canine took the offered lunch box, Popping one of the sandwiches out right away and munching on it rather than get breakfast.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come along? I could probably get the day off..."
That, got a scowl in response. and a deliberate tap to a white button on her collar. I mediately her dad's cellphone went off, having received a text with GPS coordinates. her only option really, a regular cellphone would be useless to her, and her allowance wasn't enough for a texting phone or smart phone.

"I know, I know, The mall is only down the street and you have your button if something happens." he admitted, slightly more calm. crouching down so they were eye to eye. "Have fun."
At that she gave the side of his face an affectionate lick, before dashing for the front door waving behind her as she went. one of her claws snagging on the rug and bringing the coat tree down because she wasn't paying attention. Grinning sheepishly she shrugged and exited the duplex before her owner could say anything.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

A feminine black and brown cat wearing a yellow scarf gently frolicked around a newly furnished home, with a silver cat wearing dark blue gloves inspected the room more thoroughly than her excited counter part, "I must say this place is better than the one in Australia." She said, sliding her paw across a table.

Her companion, stopped his frolicking to admire the flower vase that sat upon a small table, "Uh-huh! But, uh, didn't mom want us to do something, Sky?" He said, his voice failing to convey the proper gender.

Sky nodded, lifting a note off the table and looking it over, "It says to go and buy ropes, chains, tarps and other assorted items... and milk. Seems mom's making more punching bags. Well, Blithe it appears we're going to see what this place has to offer on our way to the store." She put the note into her collar as she moved towards the door, Blithe not to far behind as they made their way out to gather supplies.

Blithe skipped behind Sky, humming, as a thought came to his mind, "I wonder if we'll run into adventure and danger today!"

Sky shook her head, not keeping her eyes off the area in front of her, "I'd rather we actually had a family dinner, just the three of us, before the excitement sets in." Blithe frowned slightly before regaining his smile and joyful tune he started to hum once more.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Matthias walked back downstairs in a pair of mountain shorts and a white hoodie. He was also wearing black sun glasses as his cane tapped down the stairs.
"Hey, ma! Are you ready to go?" the black gecko called as he zipped up the hoodie.
His mom ran to the door, face stuffed with a bagel as she nodded and opened the door for him.
"Bye, Margret! We'll be back soon!"

The 2 began walking down the street of the neighborhood, cane tapping along as his mom finished her bagel.
"So do you know why we suddenly moved here?" Matthias asked.
"No, and I don't think we should ask why, either." Maria replied.
"But I'm sure we can make friends here. A lot of people in the neighborhood have pets, so I'm sure we can find someone to hang out with when Margret is busy." Maria said.
Matthias nodded as they passed the fifth house from their house.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yves and Uistean made their way down the street, joking around and talking about random things that either one of them did not understand what the other was talking about. The both looked at a fox on a bike make his way fast down the street, Yves chuckled at the foxes carelessness at the way he was going, "Hey watch it buddy!"
Uistean chuckled himself, "Are you trying to distract him."
Yves looked over at him and shrugged, "Either he doesn't hear us, doesn't care, or falls."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Dorian was driving along the road, it was a nice day. Not a lot of traffic was out thanks to the unveiling of another business. He had just gotten into thought about how to make himself fly when he noticed a fox on a bike not paying attention. Dorian was going a bit to fast to stop and the fox couldn't see him as the fox crossed the street. He had to move out of the way instead, his sharp turn did dodge the unobservant fox. However this resulted in Dorian loosing control and falling off the bike, hitting the ground. He laid there motionless for a bit before getting up again. "Ow, what happened?"
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Iron Panda wrote:Dorian was driving along the road, it was a nice day. Not a lot of traffic was out thanks to the unveiling of another business. He had just gotten into thought about how to make himself fly when he noticed a fox on a bike not paying attention. Dorian was going a bit to fast to stop and the fox couldn't see him as the fox crossed the street. He had to move out of the way instead, his sharp turn did dodge the unobservant fox. However this resulted in Dorian loosing control and falling off the bike, hitting the ground. He laid there motionless for a bit before getting up again. "Ow, what happened?"
Matthias held out his cane in front of his mom and moved her aside as the bike skidded by past the 2, Maria jumping to the ground, rapidly changing colors as she had a silent moment of panic from the accident. Matthias listened for his mom for a bit before walking over to the pet on the ground.
"Hey, take it easy. Stay seated and tell me if anything hurts." The gecko said as he knelt to the ground and felt around the grass until he touched your leg, feeling up your arms to your face. His fingers brushed away the dirt as he searched for any cuts.
"I'm Matthias, but you can call me Matt." he said, glasses over his eyes and cane resting on the ground.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Yves and Uistean made their way down the street, joking around and talking about random things that either one of them did not understand what the other was talking about. The both looked at a fox on a bike make his way fast down the street, Yves chuckled at the foxes carelessness at the way he was going, "Hey watch it buddy!"
Uistean chuckled himself, "Are you trying to distract him."
Yves looked over at him and shrugged, "Either he doesn't hear us, doesn't care, or falls."
the duo have certainly done a good job of distracting each other though, as a rushing wolf cub just ran into one of them. Seemingly coming out of nowhere, and clearly not spotting them until it was too late.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Dorian sat up, taking his helmet off. It was certainly odd that this gecko...er Matt had been touching his face. Until he looked over and saw the cane on the ground. He started answering Matt's questions, ignoring Chips voice in his ear piece about being careful. "Mostly my head and shoulder, though I hurt that shoulder last week." he rubbed his head, luckily his helmet kept him safe. "My name is Dorian and" He scanned the area nothing seemed to be harmed, even the bike was okay, "Is everyone alright? I didn't hit anyone did I?" He knew the blind gecko probably couldn't see if anyone was harmed, but being as Matt was also the first to respond, it was probably safe to assume Matt knew if Dorian did hit anyone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few miles out of the city a empty city bus had just been hijacked by the three escaped convicts.
"Quite kind of the driver to let you bring your gear on board Ryan. Also to let us borrow his bus." Said a large muscular human, who was now putting his feet up on a seat.
"That is was my muscular friend, that is was." Said the cat as he was trying to chat and focus on driving the bus at the same time. He wasn't used to so many levers and buttons, but the bus driver was "kind" enough to show him how to operate it before agreeing to wait for another bus while they borrowed his. "Now where to my compatriots? Free from jail means that the possibilities are endless!" The cat laughed.
In the seat behind the cat sat a rooster, who was brooding, or planning it was hard to tell for jim who was sitting next to the rooster.
"We are going to get me something to help even the odds in our little trio" The rooster quietly said, not moving as the cat drove over a bump.
"And that would be?" Asked the cat, who really did need a direction as they were speeding closer to the city and further away from the jail.
"The one place where technology is displayed like a buffet for those who seize the opportunity to take it." The rooster got up, pulled out a map and pointed at the center of the city "The CrimTech technology museum. Half of the gadgets there are actually operational, or can be with some tinkering. I have been eyeing a prototype jetpack there myself. Best part is, unlike the Research building, there wont be much security."
"Low security perhaps, but its right in the middle of the city, every police officer on duty will be on us in minutes!" Said Jim, who was very concerned.
"Plus we have a new masked vigilante in town too remember?"
"But that's the beauty of it my fellow chaps." Kentucky sat back, confident in his plan "No idiot would risk that, no one will suspect us, and we also have both the CEO and his two adopted sons in town, one of them will be there, and then we can hold one of them hostage. Then we get everything we ever wanted!" Kentucky chuckled, well more clucked at his.. genius plan. "As for that vigilante, I dare he show his face! didn't you hear? He has a warrant out for his arrest just like us! The cops will take him down and be busy with him, to busy to bother with us. We have many options for escape and a big enough getaway car to pull this off!"
The other two both agreed, with the odds in their favor already, and the tech they were about to steal, no one could get in their way. It was fool proof.
Last edited by Jacey on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius was walking down the street on his way to the store when the accident occurred, he jogged across the street and went over to Dorian and Matthias, "Is everyone all right? Looked like a pretty bad spill you had there."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Chris hopped out of bed full of energy, just like any other day. he smelled pancakes cooking in the kitchen, so he went for breakfast.
Samuel was in the kitchen preparing the food. "So, why the pancakes?" he asked, curious.
"No reason, just felt like pancakes today." Samuel replied.
Chris dug into his plate of pancakes. he always tend to eat more than you'd expect for a cat his size. "thanks dad, they're delicious."
after Chris had cleaned his plate, he got up to leave.
"Hey, if you don't have anything planned today, would you mind running to the store and picking up some batteries?" his dad asked.
"Didn't we just buy some last week? how do we always run out so fast?"
"Don't ask me, you're the one who keeps draining them."
"Oh yeah, I should probably stop using so many. anyway, yeah, I can pick some up."
"Thanks. and be careful out there, there's convicts on the loose. stay out of trouble."
"I will." he replied, rolling his eyes. and with that, he grabbed his drawstring backpack and headed out to the store.
--------------
shortly outside, he ran into a large group of pets. it seemed there was some sort of accident. "Hey," he said approaching the group, "If anyone's hurt, my dad's a vet."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Larkin turned around sharply after he had realised what he had done. Paddling down the side of the road he gently slide to a halt a few metres away from the crowd. As he dismounted, he applied the breaks and flicked an obscured small lever, locking the brakes. He left his bike standing be the side of the road without a kickstand. 'Um...is he ok?'

RP Character(s)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Blithe and Sky were walking when they saw the minor crash in the distance. Blithe started to run towards the scene, his scarf waving in the wind behind him and Sky keeping pace with him. It took awhile for them to reach the scene, other pets appearing before them. Blithe looked around, taking it all in before speaking in his natural, feminine voice, "Is everyone okay? We saw it a ways back and it looked like a nasty fall."

Sky merely remained silent, taking in as much information on the scene as possible. Leaving the questions to be asked by her companion.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yves gulped and looked at Uistean after the wreck, "Well then, looks like he caused a crash." He kept on walking.
Uistean paused, "Should we go help them out?"
Yves stopped walking and turned around, "No, looks like he's already got a small crowd to help him out, we'll just get in the way."
"Oh, okay then, guess we have stuff to do anyways." Uistean frowned but started to walk again.
"Yeah and..." Yves stopped mid sentence after being knocked over by a wolf. He looked up at him, "Oh come on!"
Uistean helped his friend up, chuckling, while Yves was brushing himself off Uistean offered an outreached paw to help the wolf stabilize herself.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Strike immediately hopped back up before Uistean could offer assistance apparently used to this sort of thing. Looking at the two of them she gives sort of a sheepish grin before waving hello. pawing at the ground nervously with one foot.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Iron Panda wrote:Dorian sat up, taking his helmet off. It was certainly odd that this gecko...er Matt had been touching his face. Until he looked over and saw the cane on the ground. He started answering Matt's questions, ignoring Chips voice in his ear piece about being careful. "Mostly my head and shoulder, though I hurt that shoulder last week." he rubbed his head, luckily his helmet kept him safe. "My name is Dorian and" He scanned the area nothing seemed to be harmed, even the bike was okay, "Is everyone alright? I didn't hit anyone did I?" He knew the blind gecko probably couldn't see if anyone was harmed, but being as Matt was also the first to respond, it was probably safe to assume Matt knew if Dorian did hit anyone.
"Not that I know of. The bike guy didn't sound like he wrecked." Matthias replied.
Buster wrote: the duo have certainly done a good job of distracting each other though, as a rushing wolf cub just ran into one of them. Seemingly coming out of nowhere, and clearly not spotting them until it was too late.
"Although that sounded like it hurt." Matt said, patting Dorian's shoulder before pausing mid pat, inwardly face pawing before he moved his hand back to his side to search for his cane with an apology.
He then adressed the crowd, turning his head slightly off from where the majority was.
"He's fine, but be careful for a lump of clothes on the ground. My mom's hiding somewhere in the grass, so be careful."
"I'm okay!" she called from the ground somewhere nearby.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Uistean awkwardly drops his paw back down to his side, "Well, okay then, hello." He then waved hello back, he looked curiously at Yves, who just looked curiously back at him after finishing brushing himself off, "Well, now that's over with we should get going." Yvs never liked being around large groups in open spaces, and he was getting more and more anxious standing there. "Oh, well, goodbye then." Uistean waved a again before the two ferrets began their walk towards the store again, Yves taking more of an authoritative lead.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The wolf cub seems to be more than a little curious about the two ferrets, abandoning her earlier plan of arcade fun at the mall in favor of following them instead. Her tail wagging like that of an excited puppy. Hopping between hiding places behind bushes, trees, a newspaper box, people, basically anything big enough for her to hide behind, as she followed them.

...and being about as stealthy as a drunken elephant in the process, if the rustling branches, shouts of "hey!", and clang of her hitting the newspaper box are any indication.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Dorian stood up, brushing himself off, everything felt fine. "I'm fine everyone, this outfit is made for crashes like this." He pointed over to Larkin, "Though I would say that you should be more attentive, if I were driving a car I fear that this accident would have been much worse. But don't worry, I am not mad at you, I am glad you didn't get hit." Dorian smiled and suddenly realized that his back felt lighter than it should have been. "Now, has anyone seen my backpack? It has a lot of important stuff inside it." He asked the crowd.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius looked around him, spying a pack laying near the curb, half in, half out of the gutter. He bent over to pick it up, "Hey is this it?" He held it aloft so Dorian could see it.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Dorian went over to grab the bag, peeking inside to make sure nothing got damaged or turned on. "Yes, thank you" He said.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

There's something extra in the bag, a card.
"Nice toys. You should be more careful with them." is written on the back.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Dorian had noticed the strange card as well, but didn't want to draw attention to it. If anything, the person could have been courteous and not left it in the gutter.
He also hoped they didn't steal anything
"They didn't." Reassured chip "Everything seems to be inside the bag still, though you should make sure they wont be telling anyone your secret Dorian. We can't be arrested yet." Said the AI in Dorians ear. Dorian briefly looked around, whomever placed the card in the bag probably was gone just as fast as they were at getting into his bag.
He got back on his motor cycle waving and thanking everyone for the assistance before driving off.
RP Characters:
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Blithe watched Dorian ride off, blinking in thought, "Well, that was a spectacle that wasn't that spectacular."

Sky sighed and shook her head, "Why do I have the feeling this won't be our last encounter with him? Anyways, come on Blithe, we have shopping to do."

Blithe giggled as he resumed his gentle stroll, "Unless someone else would like to proceed with crashes. If so, please do so now." He said in a joking tone.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Blithe watched Dorian ride off, blinking in thought, "Well, that was a spectacle that wasn't that spectacular."

Sky sighed and shook her head, "Why do I have the feeling this won't be our last encounter with him? Anyways, come on Blithe, we have shopping to do."

Blithe giggled as he resumed his gentle stroll, "Unless someone else would like to proceed with crashes. If so, please do so now." He said in a joking tone.
"What a coincidence," Chris said to the two other cats, "I was just on the way to the store myself. mind if I accompany you lovely ladies?"
(OOC: let's get this awkwardness out of the way. :lol:)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

That was embarrassing for Larkin, but fortunate that no one was hurt. He wasted no time getting onto his bike and setting off again. This time being more attentive to what's around him. He had to catch up with the motorcycle. Not only did he want to apologise, but no one inspected the motorbike for any damage. Hopefully the next set of traffic lights will hold him up long enough to catch up.

RP Character(s)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

"Uh, okay then, I guess I'll..." Matthias trailed off as he listened to the motorcycle ride off. "See you later..."
The gecko heard the rest of the large group leaving, and as he went to pick up his cane, he felt his mother approaching, so he pretended to miss the cane entirely, searching the ground for the cane before she leaned over and picked up the white cane and handed it to him.
"See! I knew there would be other pets around!" She said in a cheerful tone as she helped her son off the ground.
"Yeah... if only I could actually get names back from one of them." Matthias said, moving a cane to paw as he listened for anyone else who may be approaching. He remembered that some other pet had walked up to him and Dorian after the crash and that he'd retrieved the backpack from the gutter, but he wasn't sure if he was going to stick around or not, so he busied himself with asking about how his mom was doing.
"So... Are you doing okay?" he asked, paw moving to her arm as he felt dirt on her shoulder before brushing it off.
"Yeah, I'm fine. It just came out of nowhere, that's all..." she said, blushing as she turned pinkish in blush.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

HoundInATree wrote:That was embarrassing for Larkin, but fortunate that no one was hurt. He wasted no time getting onto his bike and setting off again. This time being more attentive to what's around him. He had to catch up with the motorcycle. Not only did he want to apologise, but no one inspected the motorbike for any damage. Hopefully the next set of traffic lights will hold him up long enough to catch up.
Dorian got a few feet down the road, passing at least two stop lights before he heard a rattling sound on his bike "I guess your bike does have a problem". Said Chip as Dorian slowed it down and pulled over to the side of the road.
"Thank you Mister Holmes, class A detective you are." Said Dorian as he got off the bike
"Who is Mister Holmes?" Asked Chip.
Dorian laughed "You are serious? In the future, the worlds greatest detective doesn't exist? Wow."
As he got down to look at his bike he could see the problem, just some loose screws. "I need a wrench". He said out loud, suddenly regretting taking the tools he had in his bag out to fit the suit.
RP Characters:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Iron Panda wrote:Dorian got a few feet down the road, passing at least two stop lights before he heard a rattling sound on his bike "I guess your bike does have a problem". Said Chip as Dorian slowed it down and pulled over to the side of the road.
"Thank you Mister Holmes, class A detective you are." Said Dorian as he got off the bike
"Who is Mister Holmes?" Asked Chip.
Dorian laughed "You are serious? In the future, the worlds greatest detective doesn't exist? Wow."
As he got down to look at his bike he could see the problem, just some loose screws. "I need a wrench". He said out loud, suddenly regretting taking the tools he had in his bag out to fit the suit.
Larkin stopped at another set off lights. He could see the motorcyclist further down the road. It looks like his bike was damaged after all. 'Hey! Do You Need A Hand!?' He shouted out. When the lights changed he crawled closer to the motorcyclist, before stopping a few feet away. 'You didn't give me chance to apologise for earlier. Also, I noticed you didn't check your ride for any damage either.' Larkin looked down at the motorbike, seeing the loose screws. 'Planning on just tightening those up, eh?'

RP Character(s)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Dorian saw Larkin approach, he had hoped Larkin didn't hear any of the bickering between Dorian and chip. Because then Dorian would look like a crazy person. "Apology accepted." He said as the fox apologized, then looked back at the bike when he was asking about the screws. "Well the screws are where I am going to start, I still need to see if anything else could be wrong first".
"Check the spark plugs" Said Chip
"I may need to check the spark plugs as well. Problem is that I don't have any tools on me"
RP Characters:
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"What a coincidence," Chris said to the two other cats, "I was just on the way to the store myself. mind if I accompany you lovely ladies?"
(OOC: let's get this awkwardness out of the way. :lol:)
Blithe hummed a bit before answering, "Hmm, I don't see why not. It'll be fun! My name's Blithe, and my sister here, her name is Sky. A pleasure to meetcha!"

Sky walked up to Blithe's side, less stoic than usual as all the pets there had run to another's aid, "Might we ask for your name in return?"
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Iron Panda wrote:Dorian saw Larkin approach, he had hoped Larkin didn't hear any of the bickering between Dorian and chip. Because then Dorian would look like a crazy person. "Apology accepted." He said as the fox apologized, then looked back at the bike when he was asking about the screws. "Well the screws are where I am going to start, I still need to see if anything else could be wrong first".
"Check the spark plugs" Said Chip
"I may need to check the spark plugs as well. Problem is that I don't have any tools on me"
'It's just as well I caught up with you then.' Larkin opened his coat. 'I've brought my tools with me.' He pulled out a spanner and a torque wrench, handing over the spanner. 'So, I'm assuming the bolts just started rattling before you pulled over?'

RP Character(s)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:The wolf cub seems to be more than a little curious about the two ferrets, abandoning her earlier plan of arcade fun at the mall in favor of following them instead. Her tail wagging like that of an excited puppy. Hopping between hiding places behind bushes, trees, a newspaper box, people, basically anything big enough for her to hide behind, as she followed them.

...and being about as stealthy as a drunken elephant in the process, if the rustling branches, shouts of "hey!", and clang of her hitting the newspaper box are any indication.
Yves and Uistean continued to walk on trying to continue their previous conversation of random stuff, Yves was the first to catch on to the fact that they were being followed, and he gestured behind them, "Looks like we still have company."
Uistean glanced behind them, "Really?"
Yves smiled even wider and shook his head, "Just be quiet and listen, don't watch."
After a few more seconds Uistean smiled, "Perhaps we should just invite that wolf to join us."
Yves lost his smile and looked at Uistean, who just smiled back, Yves sighed and they stopped walking, Yves called out, "Hey, you can't stop trying to act so sneaky and just join us."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Blithe hummed a bit before answering, "Hmm, I don't see why not. It'll be fun! My name's Blithe, and my sister here, her name is Sky. A pleasure to meetcha!"

Sky walked up to Blithe's side, less stoic than usual as all the pets there had run to another's aid, "Might we ask for your name in return?"
"The name's Chris," he replied. "It's a nice to meet you, too. Most other cat's I've met have been brought to my dad off the streets, so it's a nice treat to meet some other pet cats."
(OOC: so he's just accepting the "Ladies" comment, eh?)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The wolf immediately pops up from behind a bin, a massive grin on her face before rushing over and hugging Uistean, her tail still going a mile a minute.

regrettably she seems to have collided with a few pedestrians along the way. they're looking at you funny...
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"The name's Chris," he replied. "It's a nice to meet you, too. Most other cat's I've met have been brought to my dad off the streets, so it's a nice treat to meet some other pet cats."
(OOC: so he's just accepting the "Ladies" comment, eh?)
Blithe nodded, as he started to move down the sidewalk, "I can understand that. Kinda like meeting really interesting characters. You'll end up wanting some semblance of normality eventually."

Sky tilted her head slightly, walking just behind Blithe, "Why would cats, and presumably other animals, be taken off the streets and to your father?"

(OOC: He's used to it, and got kinda sick correcting everyone, so he just rolls with it.)