Small RP: On the Spiritual Cross Rhodes

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WeirdGamer

Small RP: On the Spiritual Cross Rhodes

Post by WeirdGamer »

It's incredible how many major supernatural events take place without anyone being around. There are several theories surrounding this. One is that such events are so against the natural order of things that people are naturally repulsed by them due to some strange instinct. Another is almost the opposite, suggesting that humans are so dedicated into making the world into a nice orderly place they repulse the events. Another theory, put forth by parapsychologist Zacharia Zane, goes as follows, "Supernatural events are determined by a huge number of factors which cause them to occur when there are not people nearby to observe them. In other words, just because. Now give me my coffee!"

Regardless of the true explanation one of these events happened in a little upstate New York town called Rhodes one night. As per usual no one was around to observe it. If they were they would have dismissed it "a trick of the light," or "Something to do with the swamp." Never mind that there is no swamp near where this occurred nor does light cause green fire to launch out of the ground leaving no burn marks but a foul odor in the air, but regardless of instinct repulse such events or be repulsed by them, people are still people, and therefore incredibly stupid. Anyway at midnight this event occurred, breaking a barrier between this world and another. Rhodes had always had a weak barrier, and sometimes all it takes is one animal ramming its head against a fence to bring it down. And this event was an animal with a very thick skull.

Later that grey November Saturday morning a girl named Ruth Franklin was wandering around in Ramis Park. Ramis Park is a pleasant little park located next to a forest. Ruth was wandered as she was prone to do. There seemed to not be a lot of interesting things happening, and only one other person was even in the park. But then something caught her eye. A green phantom hand lingering in the brush. Then it was gone. Most people would have said it was a trick of the light. Luckily Ruth and the boy in the park were not like most people.

Ruth stared at the brush for a moment before turning around to the boy in the park with her. She recognized him as Burton. They were both in Ms. Shelley's class at school, and had been together in other classes a couple of times. "Did you see that?"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Civilization

Re: Small RP: On the Spiritual Cross Rhodes

Post by Civilization »

"Huh?" Burton looked up from where he was sitting, he had just been looking up into the sky and at the clouds. Nothing much happened around this time of year, mostly everything was quiet and pretty much dull. Made it easy to go out and about without much restriction, but there wasn't much to go see either. Most everything with him was that way, not great but not bad, couldn't be more in between when it came to everything with him.

Though a girl, Ruth, he believed the girl's name was after a moment of connecting faces together with the names. "What?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"That hand thing," said Ruth, pointing to the woods, "It was green and glowing. Had claws or something like that."

The hand appeared again this time a little further away.

:Right there, do you see that Burton?"

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"What?" Burton repeated as he looked at her, then to where she was pointing, scanning the whole general area for anything. He spotted the hand as it appeared and as Ruth called it out, "W-huh awh?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"What is it?" Ruth asked out loud more to herself than to Burton.

The hand moved back into the woods, but there was still a soft green glow. It was strangely enticing and Ruth was very curious anyway. She took a few steps forward and the light retreated further back into the woods. Ruth took a deep breath and and made up her mind.

"Burton, I'm going to follow that," explained Ruth, "And it would be very cool of you if you came with me. You know, buddy system and all that." She looked at him with pleading eyes.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail trotted through the forest, taking the term "Leave no rock unturned" very literally. She set the ladybug that had crawled onto her hand down on a close plant before rising back up and continuing through the forest. That's when she noticed a light moving into the woods. She started to walk towards it, but decided to hide behind a tree to see what it would do.

"What is that thing," she whispered.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Burton looked at Ruth, "Okay." For it coming out more confident he approached Ruth more scared preparing to follow her into the woods. "Let's go."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Ruth lead the way into the forest. Carefully stepping through the bushes she found a bit of a path with the light towards the end. As she ventured down the path she noticed someone nearby. Ruth stopped short, startled for a moment before she reorganized who it was.

"Abagail?" asked Ruth to the small girl. She wondered what the girl from her street was doing here. "Did you see the light too?"

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail turned to Ruth after she called her name, jumping for a second before smiling at her. Abigail walked over to Ruth, looking up at her.

"Yeah, I saw that weird light! What do you think it is?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Ruth shrugged. "I don't know, but Burton and I are following it." She gestured back Burton. "Abigail this is Burton. Burton, Abigail.

She looked Abagail up and down and then said, "You know I brought him along so he could be my buddy. You know for a buddy system. So if you're going to be out here you should probably stick with us."

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail politely waved to Burton before turning back to Ruth. Her green eyes twinkled when Ruth suggested her staying with them and she smirked, eyes glowing with determination.

"Yeah! That's a great idea! Let's hurry up and follow it before it gets away!"
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Burton looked back and forth between the two girls, looks like they were serious about this. He politely waved back to Abigail and prepared to go a chasing behind the two.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Well we may as well as get a move on," said Ruth as she started making her way towards the light. Suddenly a cold wind cut through the air that seemed to chill Ruth to the bone despite her thick hoodie. She shivered and hesitated a moment, before looking back at Burton and Abagail, and deciding to press on.

The light seemed to have been standing still, but began to move again once the kids made their way towards it.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail pulled her trench coat tighter around her as the chill blew around them. She noticed the light again and tilted her head at it. Normally, she would have taken off after it, but Ruth had said it was probably better to stay together.
My characters!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Isaac's eyes shot open, and he felt dizzy. The trees above him seemed to be swirling. He slowly got up, but felt a felt on his wrists. Still feeling dizzy, he didn't take much notice of it, and tried to walk away. However, he found he couldn't move any further. As his eyes started to focus, he turned and found that his hands were chained together, with the chain linked back to a large tree. He tugged at it. No good. He was stuck. He looked around and thought for a moment. How did this happen?

"What was I doing last...?" He asked himself in his familiar language. He remembered looking through the woods, and then nothing. Now he was here. He tugged again against the chain, and again no luck. He sat down, and started examining the chain.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Ruth lead the trio onward through the forest. Suddenly the light turned a corner and disappeared. Ruth quickly rounded the corner herself but saw nothing. Suddenly she heard something.

"You guys hear those chains rustling, right?"

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Isaac again stood up, and tried at the chains. This time he bashed his wrists against the tree, hoping to loosen up the chains or something. "Come on come on!" He urged himself as he continuously rapped against the tree.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Hang on, follow me," Ruth said to Abigail and Burton.

She lead them off the path towards the sounds of the chains. She crept around carefully around a tree, not sure what she'd fine. She was surprised to find a boy chained up to an oak tree. She thought she recognized him from somewhere, possibly some sixth grader. She thought she remember seeing him with the sixth graders anyway.

Ruth glanced back at her companions and then timidly asked, "Um...need help?"

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Isaac herd a voice, and flipped around. Upon seeing the small group his green eyes lit up. "Ahah! Yes please!." He said in his foreign language. After hearing himself say the words, he re-phrased. "Please, some help would be good."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail followed behind Ruth and gasped at the sight of the chained boy. She tilted her head when he spoke three foreign language, wanting to know what he said, but also wanting to free him. She began looking through her pockets.

"Wait! Do the chains have a lock?"
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Ruth walked over to the chains and examined them. "It looks like they do," she said, "Why do you have a way of opening it?"

She turned to the chained up boy. "Oh, uh, I guess we should tell me who we are. I'm Ruth, and these are Abagail and Burton."

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Thank you! My name is Isaac." He introduced himself. "I wish I could tell you what happened here, but... I don't really know." He said with a chuckle on the last part.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail pulled a hairpin out of her pocket and walked over, sticking it in the lock.

"Don't tell my daddy, but Grandma showed me how to do this."

Abigail began to attempt to pick the lock.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Ruth looked at Abigail in awe.

"You can pick locks that amazing, but illegal, but super awesome, but...uh..."

She coughed awkwardly and embarrassed left it at, "I mean...that's cool."

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

((So I haven't posted, cause I was waiting to let other people say something. So, uh, should I just assume the lock picking is successful, or...?))
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

((Yeah, it's successful.))

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

((Kay.))
Isaac grinned widely upon hearing the lock give away, and the chains slump. He quickly, but clumsily, got the chains of his wrists. He put his hands together and bowed slightly Abigail. "Thank you so much!" He looked at the other two kids. "So, uh, what brings you out here in the woods?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail smiled and bowed in return, mimicking his motions. Upon hearing his question, she smiled widely.

"We're gonna find out what that weird light was! Did you see it?
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"It also may our may not contain a green hand," offered Ruth.

Suddenly the green light appeared far way in the distance.

"Speak of the devil..."

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"A green hand?" Isaac asked upon seeing it. "I... I think I remember seeing something like that before I found myself chained to the tree!" Isaac exclaimed in realization.
((Am I rolling with this right?))
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

((Yes. This RP will follow the improv rules of "Yes and..." & "No, but..."))

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Burton stayed quiet while Abigail helped the other boy out of his chains. Finding it a little odd that someone would end up in such a position. He looked around the woods while the others busied themselves, looking at the light as it reappeared, "There, lets keep after it... Think it wants to be followed?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail stared at the light and nodded, taking small steps toward the light.

"Well, even if it doesn't, we said we were gonna follow it! If we all stick together, nothing bad could happen, right?" she whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear though.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Er...right," replied Ruth. The light was moving further away. "If we are going to follow it, we should go." She began to lead the group forward towards the light.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Okay, sure, let's follow the mysterious, possibly dangerous, glowing hand." Isaac said with a shrug. "No, seriously, let's do it!"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Burton just looked at the other boy, "Yeah." He followed behind Ruth, now making up a little group going after the unknown.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"If it gets really dangerous, we'll...we'll...just turn back. Yeah," said Ruth, trying and failing to sound confident. She continued to lead the group towards the light when suddenly the light disappeared. Ruth hurried to where she last saw the light. She carefully around a tree and gasped. Out in the middle of a clearing was a strange, rundown cabin. Strewn around the cabin were chains like the ones that had been holding Isaac.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Isaac followed Ruth, and saw the house. "Wow..." He said upon seeing it. Upon seeing the familiar chains he absentmindedly started rubbing his wrists. He turned around to the other two. "You guys have to see this!" He urged them on.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Abigail stared at the cabin in awe.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go explore!"

Abigail began walking toward the rundown cabin, no fear in her eyes.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Wait!" hissed Ruth. She dashed after Abagail and quickly caught up with her. "This is some person's house we can't just..." she trailed off as she saw the same green glow come from inside the cabin. She slowly creept over to the window and peeked inside. She had to slap her hand over her mouth to keep from gasping. She quickly ducked under the window and looked at the others with terror in her eyes.

Inside the house was what in the distance could be mistaken for a woman. Up close though, it was obvious she was not human. He skin was a sickly shade of green and let off a light glow. Her eyes were a piercing shade of yellow. She was slightly humped back and had no hair. She was dressed in a ragged robe with strange symbols on it.What really disturbed Ruth though were the chains embedded in this creature's skin.

It is not known why children are more able to see monsters than adults. Some believe it is their inherent innocence and monsters being the antithesis of that innocence. Other believe that it is some sick joke played on humanity by higher forces. Parapsychologist Zacharia Zane said on the subject: "Children have much more potential for belief in monsters than adults. Even older children will jump at shadows on a dark night and there will be a small part of them that jumps to what adults see as an irrational conclusion. in other words, adults actively censor what they believe to be illogical, but children do not. Now get out of my house!"

Whatever the reason, when Ruth saw this strange being she knew deep down in the very cor of her being that this as not some poor person scarred by some horrible accident and this would turn out to all be some happy misunderstanding standing. Ruth knew that this thing was a perversion of nature, something that the universe should not allow to exist, in other words, a MONSTER.