Reply to topic  [ 2586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 65  Next
17th Century Fox 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"<so it is madam so it is. Who do you belong too?" james replied in french before ariels french captain left. The large merchant was laughing as one of his other dogs went to him and he received a paper and bags of gold. He soon looked at ariel after reading the paper "ariel? Eh hm a fine addition to my own ship lovely and exotic. Hehehheee. And another part for gambling!"the large fat man said as he noticed james. The merchant rubbed his second chin then gave a soft laugh as he pet his mastiff at his side still.

Blacks looked at ariel. "hello what are you doing at the gamble arena? You didnt become the prize did you?" blacks asked a bit worried

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:03 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
I am part of the jackpot now. Its a rather large one due to all night gambling and multiple sailors betting everything on that dog over there. Ariel says, ignoring the fat guy.
<And I'm a male, thank you very much.>

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:15 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Ah, but I never say that her eyes were the only you loved about her. I just said that among her physical features, you found her eyes very appealing. When he found out about Ariel, a small frown appeared on his face. I've never liked the idea of having sentient beings be prizes. Not only is it demeaning, the "winners" eventually view all life as just something to be won or bought.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:47 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
But isn't that how most high class pets are, how you say, acheté? The hunters auction a high price for classy pets or pelts, so how is this any different? Ariel asked. Besides watching the entertainment of 2 pets beating the, uh, morve out of each other.
acheté = purchased
morve = snot

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:13 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Blacks soon was towered by his owner who was petting him. "Dont worry the dogs only a rival. Decides he hasnt noticed us yet"James said only to jinx those words as the fat and slobby merchant noticed the two, his eyes widened as he stood with a yell of acknowledgement to the two. His gut portruded from his top some, his shoes seemed too small for such a large figure, and his white wig was slightly crooked as his fine linen cape dragged behind him. As he walked his belly jiggled with each pounding step. "Ho ho hoooo if it isnt James "the eye" gunner of the raven!" the merchant said with open arms he was soon sided by the large mastiff. Who only shook hands with Blacks who only smiled some. "Eduardo this is our rival, a top line trader, and an informant for hire." James said with a wave to the portly man. " Worthington....Sir Cammeron Worthington. I sepcialize in spices, and wines in trade. He he heh" worthington said in a deep and mannered tone. Before jumping in remembrance "oh and this dog here next to me is Ferdinand. My favorite and most prized pet. Hes had quite the fights today, here to take a gamble again james? Like old times?! Maybe your freind would take a gamble as well?" the merchant asked.

Blacks and Ferdinand both eyed each other. As the two talked "Ferdinand, gotten taller i see. Hows the bouts today?"Blacks asked
The mastif spluttered a bit at the wrinkley snouts he had"oh you know how it is. Alot of pish posh and not enough cunning and wits the lot." Ferdinand showing a distinct british accent. The two nodded.
"alright worthington ill go by our usuall wager, two barrells of spices and a box of gold. Ill even add some jade to that wager"james said causing the merchant to give a more girly girl display as he squeeled in delight. "ooooooh how delightfull our usuall wager! The same as your but this time ill add three crates of rum and wines from todays haul of yours and the captains choice! Ferdinand is to win this time unlike our last bout!....oh and you sir um would you like to wager?"the merchant said to james then finnaly asking the last question at eduardo.

Blacks soon remembered manners "oh yes Ferdinand this is Ben, dune, and ariel"blacks said. Ferdinand greeted in a polite manner to each.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:02 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
I didn't give my name. Ariel thought. I guess I've got a reputation.
Ariel extended a paw.
Pleasure to meet you, Monsieur. Ariel said.

((This dog isn't the one that'll be fighting for Ariel's jackpot, right? Because he's supposed to be drunk right now.))

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Last edited by MrNeonShot on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:24 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 7226
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
(That mastiff has to lose the fight and Eduardo bets against him.)

Eduardo nods at the merchant.
"The usual." He knows the man from way back and he knows that the merchant knows that Eduardo and the Captain's money are good. In turn, Eduardo trusts the merchant's discretion.
"I bet against the favourite. I know that fox." The burly sailor grabs the hand of the lad who's fishing in his pocket and brings the lad around to face him.
"Give it back. All of it." Shamefaced and caught out, the boy gives Eduardo back his money. Without releasing the boy's wrist, Eduardo looks him straight in the eye.
"You're lucky I don't turn you over to the authorities. Now get out of here and make yourself a decent living." Too afraid to do anything else, the boy nods vigorously and runs before Eduardo changes his mind.

~#~#~
Tackle and Pepito, after checking to see that the coast is clear, quickly join Ventus on the wolf.
"Got plans for the day?"
"Morning! You planning to swim ashore, Doña Rocea?" Pepito points to the boat tied to the dock and the ocean separating the ship from the shore.

~#~#~
"Letting them live is weakness!" Timothy argues. "And predicting what they do is just better skill."

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:48 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Ben nodded at the mastif. Pleasure to meet you Ferdinand. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks most of these fighters are just arrogant incompetent muscle heads. He disapprovingly at worthington. Though I find it a tad unfair that with how poor off a lot of people are, your owner seems to spend all his money on bad wigs and extra mutton chops.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
((Ariel is about to be part of the jackpot. The mastiff will lose and so on.))

The announcer for the fights yelled for the next fight, Ferdinand walked into the center along with a very drunk like dog. The merchant and james took all the gambles for the next to fights and gave them to a safe keeper. Blacks stood next to ariel as he waited for his fight.
In the ring the two faced off untill the bell rang and the drunk dog hiccuped and wobbled over to strike. Ferdinand only toyed with the drunk dog. Until tiring easily at how the dog was fighting and easily knocked him out. Many captains cheered as the merchant gained his small amount of coinage. Blacks then walked into the ring confronting the mastiff as the announcer called for the next match. Many had already started placing bets and papers into a large box on either side on whod win and whod lose. Eduardos bet went into a lose box on the mastiffs side, james bet went to blacks winning and the merchants went to his mastif winning. In the ring the two drew swords and went to fencing positions each ones sword against each other.
The bell rang and the two began the rapid sword play, the rhythmic clash of metal could be heard as the rwo stood at there starting position only bending at the waist. The two soon clashed to a stop and stepped closer to get a stronger advantage. Only now the mastiff showed greater strwngth as he began to push back blacks. Blacks thought quick as he angled the sword to cause the mastiff to fall, he took the chance to easily land a knee to his snout sendi.g him back some. The captains were cheering the two on still as they watched in eager amusment and curiosity to whod win. Blacks advanced now with rapid swordplay untill he found his sword gone from an unseen block. Weapon less he stared at the dogs blade pointed at him, but whats a pirate without tricks?! And with such blacks knocked the blade away with a dagger he showed from the sleeve of his jacket. Although much shorter it gave him time to disarm the mastiff and go to hand to hand combat giving blacks the advantage of the bout. Backs showed his speed as he blocked, countered and dodged attacks untill the two deadlocked once more on the ground this time the mastiff on top of blacks pinning an arm and his legs. The mastiff. Smiled readying the final blow untill a sudden flash occurred blacks was shaking his hand now before taking a. Deep breath and seeming to breath fire at the mastiff. The many capains reacted in shock and applause and greater cheering. Blacks stood coughed a few times before advancing on the mastiff swinging. The smell of singed fur and smoke in the air untill the mastiff fell with a thud knocked out.
Blacks then fell to his knees tired and smelling of fire and heavy burnt gunpowder.

James was cheering and laughing as he collected the winnings

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 3333
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Hlaoroo wrote:
Tackle and Pepito, after checking to see that the coast is clear, quickly join Ventus on the wolf.
"Got plans for the day?"
"Morning! You planning to swim ashore, Doña Rocea?" Pepito points to the boat tied to the dock and the ocean separating the ship from the shore.

"yes !"
"no !"
"yes !"
"no !"
"yes !"
"no !"
"come on a good swim ain't so bad"
"We're gonna die !!!"
"Yay !!!!"
"noooooo......no , seriously , no , just take the boat like normal people for Davy Jone's sake""Fine.......unless you guys wanna go for a swim , whatda ya say mates ?" Rocea winked at two rats

_________________
I'm an eight-tailed ice fox who has way too much time
even so much that i started to talk in rhyme (?!)
i probably should edit this in the future
but for now , this is my "attempt" at making a signature
My RP characters


Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:13 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Ariel wasn't really impressed with the fight until Blacks was pinned.
Get up! I'm not going back to that idiotic captain! he thought.
But Blacks had gotten back up and fought again. At the end when Blacks seemed to have breathed fire, Ariel was surprised. Did he use grog as a fuel or what? Perhaps the dog was magic! Ariel watched as James collected his winnings and watched for his document.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:53 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
If Ben had been drinking something when Blacks breathed fire, he would have done a spit take. He cheated, he thought. Instead of telling two truths and one lie, he told three truths. I trusted him not to do that He clenched his fist. He HATED it when people broke his trust. He walked up to Blacks and pulled him aside. You cheated. You were supposed to tell me two truths and one lie. Instead you told me three truths. You broke my trust. He pulled Blacks closer to his glaring face. I absolutely HATE IT when people brake my trust. He let go of Blacks and calmed down. However, since I am in need of a ship, you have a likable personality, and it was impressive that you managed to breathe fire, I shall let this slide. Seriously, how did you do that? Oil? Magic? Abnormal birth defect?

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:19 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Blacks was smiling at ben when he grabbed him. "i never went to full agreement with you ben, thats why people shake hands" he then grabbed bens paw and shook his left hand over it making a small pile of powder. "the flash you saw was gunpowder. My fingers are coated in it, that poweer is a mix of gunpowder and other things that ignite. That is what causes flames and people to think im magic. It also makes good show and is one of my most useful tricks. My job is a cannoneer, thats why my name is blacks, "Blackpowder Blacks".blacks said as the large mastiff got up with a groan and walked over to shake paws for the good fight before joining the merchant. James then joined the others carrying a medium sized chest full of gold, notes, jewels and other knacks of things. "alright you lot lets get to the ship, Eduardo will want his winnings and is to join me to choose cargo. Ariel your comig also since your part of the winnings" james said as he lifted the chest. Those paying attention would note the brand new pistol, the few small bags, and a necklace in The pockets of the inside of his coat. "ugh im gonna need some rum" he then turned to ben."keep in mind ben that if im out of powder in my fur...meaning if all my fur is singed ill use rum to cause a fire.but its almost always fire from powder." blacks said followin.g james back to the ship

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:58 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
I'd be happy to join you, Monsieur. Ariel replied. He looked back at his ex-captain, who is now realizing he's lost everything. Ariel smirked slightly, but then the smirk faded. He'd just lost the only person he's ever called family. If only that man hadn't became so addicted to gambling...
Ariel turned back and followed James out of the arena.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:31 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Ben quickly gathered miles and followed Blacks to the ship. As he walked, he noticed that miles coat was a bit more ruffled than it was when he last saw him. I take it your job search didn't go so well? Miles shook his head. Three people who weren't hiring, two people who could afford any more workers and one guy who was so drunk he thought my bag was full of gold. Let's just say his manly bits are going to be hurting for a while.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
James boarded the impudence and soon found eduardo setting the chest down in front of him. "there you are eduardo...the winnings from twenty different captains. now ill have to ask the captain some questions." James said before leaving to see the captain and knocking on his door.

blacks stood on the main deck, "welcome to the impudence. you two are going to love it here hopefully" blacks said

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
So who do I belong to now? Is it Captain James or his crewman? Ariel asked, not knowing that James isn't really a captain.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:57 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 7226
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Eduardo, having followed James aboard, begins sorting through the chest, claiming the winnings for himself and the captain but his counting is soon thrown off by the lion's remark. Guffawing loudly and slapping his thigh, he turns to the lion, not even attempting to suppress his mirth.
"Please! James the captain? He's a gunner and a low-ranking one at that! Gifford Palgrave is your captain and owner and I'm first mate so you'll answer to me too."
It's then that Eduardo notices the two newcomers brought aboard by the fox.
"Ahoy! Dog! Front and centre!" he yells to Blacks, summoning the fox.
"What is the meaning of this?" he demands, pointing to the pair. "Who gave you leave to bring company aboard?"

~#~#~
Palgrave signs his name with a flourish on the letter he's been writing and sets his quill pen back in the inkwell.
"Enter."

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:37 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Oh! Ariel was surprised. He certainly looks like a captain. Mon erreur, mon bon monsieur. Ariel said.
Mon erreur, mon bon monsieur. = My mistake, good sir.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:45 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"OY DONT BE YELLIN AT ME IF YOU PAID ATTENTION BEFORE MY FIGHT YOUD HAVE HEARD THE DOG SAY HE WANTED TO BE THE NEW NAVIGATOR FOR THIS VESSAL. these two are looking for that kind of work so i told them to talk to you, hkw am i supposed to know where you go"blacks replied before leaving ben and his owner with eduardo as he left the ship once more.
------
James entered the captains room,"sounds like blacks brought that dog and his owner who wanted to be navigatirs for hire. Probably didnt mean it" james said a little to loudly unbeknownst to himself as he entered the captains quarters, "captain a merchant wanted to know if youd like to join him in choosing your own amount of rums, wines and spirits to fill two crates full before he leaves port, part of a winning we had against his gamble at the inn"james said placing his hands behind his back.
----
Pinch smiled at timothy before stepping close and pointing the sword at his throat. "timothy if you were me or you were yourself in this situation what would you do? What would be better? Whats the honorable thing? This is what ill show you." pinch said slowly oressing the sword closer untill he finished talking and put the sword up. He patted tims back, "tim you have to keep in mind that a weapon is also a tool and an art, your not going after just cats, butother rats and mice as well. And when you ......nope nope not ruining the suprise. But do you understand what im saying?" pinch said

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Technically I said my associate Miles here would be the navigator. I'm not as skilled in navigating as he is, but he has been training me and I already make a very good lie detector and tactical adviser. Miles held up his bag. We can start working right now. I have everything I need in this bag. Various tools for navigating, several pairs of clothes, and a few fruit to fight off scurvy.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:32 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Why would we need a lie detector when you can just put them in the room with a wild lion? Ariel asked.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:35 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 7226
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"DON'T YOU DARE TALK BACK TO ME! YOU'RE ON HALF-RATIONS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK! GET BACK HERE!" As Blacks leaves, Eduardo picks up the entire chest. The fox and his owner will have to collect their winnings from the captain later on.
"They're on very thin ice, those ones. Don't know why we haven't marooned them for insubordination already. Anyway... A navigator, you said? As it happens we do have an opening for one. Have you any references?"

~#~#~
"I see. When is he expecting m-" Palgrave is cut off as Eduardo roars back at Blacks.
"Excuse me." Getting to his feet, Palgrave puts on his hat and sword. He rests his hand dangerously on the pommel; the effect is both dashing and intimidating, and he knows how to work it perfectly. Striding out onto the deck he confronts Eduardo.
"Explain, Eduardo. I'll not tolerate dissension on my ship." He never raises his voice but Palgrave's tone drips with command and danger. He's a natural-born leader and he knows it.
"Aye aye, Sir. It was James' dog again. He brought a visitor aboard without permission and then spoke back when I confronted him. He's run off now but I've put him on half rations for the week. Perhaps the hunger will teach him to respect authority." explains Eduardo with a salute.
"I see. Good work. I take it this is the visitor?"
"Aye, Sir. This is Miles. He's not given me any other name yet. He wishes to work as a navigator."
"Well. As it happens I am in need of a navigator. My last one rather stupidly got in the way of someone's sword in a fight. Rather inconvenienced me, it did. What's your name, what experience do you have and do you have references? I take it this is your fox?"

~#~#~
"What? What surprise? I don't understand. Why should I not kill the Topsiders? This situation is totally different. I haven't provoked you at all, not like the stinkin' Topsiders or the cats." Timothy holds perfectly still until the sword is removed from his throat.

~#~#~
"Sure, why not?" Pepito readily agrees. Tackle is a bit more nervous though. He can't swim but he tries to hide it.
"Er, I think it's a bit far for us rats to swim, although you might make it, Rocea... Plus the salt water will ruin my staff and my pouches." Tackle indicates his weapon and the pouches on the string around his waist.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Ariel now see's who the obvious captain is, and his new owner. He is awed by how commanding he is. Far more commanding than his previous one.
Ariel was about to point out that the man asked Blacks what he was doing with the new guest in the first place, but decided to hold his tongue.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 3333
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Hlaoroo wrote:
"Sure, why not?" Pepito readily agrees. Tackle is a bit more nervous though. He can't swim but he tries to hide it.
"Er, I think it's a bit far for us rats to swim, although you might make it, Rocea... Plus the salt water will ruin my staff and my pouches." Tackle indicates his weapon and the pouches on the string around his waist.

"Soo many noisy people today , alright , anyway , let's go with the boat one then , gotta keep me gun dry too I guess"

_________________
I'm an eight-tailed ice fox who has way too much time
even so much that i started to talk in rhyme (?!)
i probably should edit this in the future
but for now , this is my "attempt" at making a signature
My RP characters


Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:09 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Ah, so you're the captain. My full name is Miles walker, and we've worked on four ships, though none of them are gonna give us any references. Our first ship got destroyed in a sea battle, where we floated for three days before we got picked up by our second ship. We got kicked off that one when the first mate preformed a mutiny. At least they were nice enough to drop us off at port. Ben piped in. The third ship sunk because they ignored my directions and took a dangerous short cut. We floated for a week before we found shore. We got fired from the fourth ship when it came under new ownership and the entire crew was replaced. We haven't exactly had the best luck with ships. At this point we wouldn't be surprised if this one got destroyed by a whirlpool while fighting a kraken.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:34 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"timothy i used to be a topsider. Before that i was a soldier, i kniw how to tell these thngs, there are those who later on you can tell will do whats needed to kill and others that kill under orders but dont want to die themselves. Now lets go, its time you saw the outside some" pinch said leading timothy out the room

----------
"eduardo he did make a good point, ben there did say about wanting to be a navigator at the inn. I thought he was foolin because i didnt see his owner....decides i think somethings getting to him, ill talk with him later, anyway captain the merchant will be at his ship later, anytime for you should suit with him" James said.

_________

Blacks sat by some ropes connecting the ship to the docks as some men worked repairing the ship and setting new wood onto its framework. "Darned man he is, if he knew me hed be smart to have me on bread and water to eat. Than half rations, i can even make a meal with some easy thefts........dog they say....every sibgle one of them....if i was a dog id be dead by now, i bet eduardo and the captain never lost their ship before either, or experienced what its like to come near to death with the levi..."blacks grumbled before running to james. "JAMES! WHEN YOU MADE THE CAPTAIN THE MAP DID YOU TELL HIM OF SENTRIUS!" blacks asked before seeing the captain next to james and he stiffened nearly immediatly, james only facepalmed.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:19 am
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 7226
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Timothy ponders this as he walks.
"So what... Which do you think I'll be? Where are we going?"

~#~#~
"Thank you but don't interrupt. I'll head over shortly." Palgrave turns back to Miles. "I'm going to give you a test before I make up my mind." Palgrave orders Eduardo to collect a specific chart from his cabin.
"Is the lion yours too?" he asks the navigator while he waits for Eduardo to get back. "And have you all the equipment you need?"

~#~#~
"I suppose so. Damp powder's no good." Tackle hides his relief. "So... What do you have planned for the day? And I hope you can row that thing because I sure can't."

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
If I may, Monsieur, you won me today from a jackpot today, as well as some other jewels, wines and things, if I'm correct. Ariel said.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:25 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Blacks facepalms and poi.ts at james before a sign of death with a finger crossing his neck. He then sat off to the side. Before feeling a tug at his coat.

---------
Pinch led timothy to the main deck where blacks sat and told tim to stay there as he walked to blacks and tugged his coat.
Bkacks looked at pinch and smiled warmly, he waved him on and stayed looking normal as if nothing was happening. Pinch waved tim over to hoacks coat pocket as pinch entered the pocket.
-----
James nodded at the captain and walked off

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:39 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
I'm up for a test. What did you have in mind? Miles said as Ben looked around the ship. As I told your first mate, I have every thing I need in this bag. Equipment, clothes, and fruit. I can start working now.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 3333
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Hlaoroo wrote:
"I suppose so. Damp powder's no good." Tackle hides his relief. "So... What do you have planned for the day? And I hope you can row that thing because I sure can't."

"Sure I can mate , as for plan ? Drink , eat , and gambling , that's it , you ?"

_________________
I'm an eight-tailed ice fox who has way too much time
even so much that i started to talk in rhyme (?!)
i probably should edit this in the future
but for now , this is my "attempt" at making a signature
My RP characters


Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 7226
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"Explore. Catch up on news. Find out who's running the shore rats nowadays."
"What is your plan, señor Ventus?"

~#~#~
"I see. Lion furs are worth a decent price. Can you be worth more to me than your hide?" Palgrave asks Ariel. Taking the chart from Eduardo, he offers it to Miles. The map shows an island surrounded by strong currents, razor sharp reefs and jagged rocks which Palgrave knows has a particularly tricky approach but a very safe port once you're in past the obstacles. Few sailors attempt to berth here and fewer still survive the attempt. Palgrave is one of the few who knows the way in.
"Tell me. Where would you berth on this island and how would you approach it given that the prevailing wind is Nor-nor-westerly?"

~#~#~
Timothy stays in hiding, not having been introduced to Blacks yet and distrusting him as much as he distrusts all other Bigs. He wishes now that he had his staff so that he could show the fox a thing or three.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:49 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
True lion furs are worth a lot, especially white lion. Its also true that white lions are extremely rare, almost unheard of. Ariel said. Suppose you capture a ship and the captain of said ship knows where a treasure map lies.
Now Regular lions, well... they like to get behind you to kill you, but white lions, only god knows how they hunt. So, you stick the captain inside a cell with nothing but me to accompany him. You'll tell him what I've told you, but then you say "Well, god, and soon to be you." Then, you walk away.
Ariel explained with a smirk.
That treasure is as good as yours! This also works with mutineers who have stolen valuable equipment.
If your in a shady business like my previous captain, you'll find that most captains usually have something valuable to hide.

Ariel glanced around the ship.
This ship looks like it could use a few more workers. I'm pretty good at working, especially for long periods of time... Ariel turned his head back to the captain.
So, would you rather sell my pelt to buy a new ship, or keep me alive and take all the plunder you want? Ariel asked.

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:43 am
Posts: 616
Images: 1
Location: SoCal in the US
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"Sorry to keep you waiting, sir" the shopkeeper nervously says, "that particular item is [whatever would equal $10 USD now].".

Geo looks over the yo-yo, then glances over to find the shop also sells sweets. "Lemme look around a little bit before I decide." he replies. He makes his way over to the candies and immediately picks out ten or so lollipops. "I'll give ya 1 real fer all o' this." Geo offers with a smile that purposely shows his teeth more than necessary.

_________________
Image

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065


Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 3333
Location: dark frost fortress
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Hlaoroo wrote:
"Explore. Catch up on news. Find out who's running the shore rats nowadays."
"What is your plan, señor Ventus?"

"oh , you're from here ?"
"I don't know , for now , keeping this trouble maker out of.....trouble"

_________________
I'm an eight-tailed ice fox who has way too much time
even so much that i started to talk in rhyme (?!)
i probably should edit this in the future
but for now , this is my "attempt" at making a signature
My RP characters


Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:19 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 969
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Miles studied for about five seconds before making a desicion. Well I can't say for certain with knowing the sail power of the ship, but I'd say the best option would be [blah blah insert explanation here blah blah navigating]. Once we get to the port there we should be relatively safe. Is that right? Ben walked up as he was done exploring the deck.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:20 am
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 7226
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
"Do you think it's right? You're the navigator. You shouldn't have to ask me. I need to be able to trust you. You have to be confident in your answers. Look at the chart again and make sure you're confident. There's no rush." Palgrave turns to the lion with a smirk.
"Good answer. I like you. Welcome aboard. What's your name?"

~#~#~
"No, no! I'm a Bilgerat born and bred! This isn't the first time we've docked here though."
"I am originally from another ship though. That is why I am talking differently. I, too, have visited Castillo Pato before though."

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:38 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: Texas
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Ariel, captaine Ariel knew the mistakenly feminine name would probably cut his points from his last statement down a bunch, so he explained the definition.
It means "The lion of God". Appropriately named, due to my endurance and rare fur color.
captain = captain

_________________
The tooth fairy brings candy for Octoberween so she stays in business.
Image
Image
Image


Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:58 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2407
Location: I dont know
Post Re: 17th Century Fox
Pinch went over to timothy and picked him up before setting him into blacks pocket. "now before you go crazy calm down understand!" pinch siad as blacks stood and left the ship

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:20 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 65  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.