17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, you've been lucky so far. I wonder how long your luck will hold..."

~#~#~
"You will address me as Sir, not by my Christian name. Only the Captain has that right. Clear? Good. As to the reinforcing, I shall ensure that nobody is listening in. We've been fine thus far and I expect we'll continue like that... So... What's your story? What ship have you come from?"

~#~#~
"For now... Gee, you Bigs walk fast. This would have taken us all day to walk ourselves!"

~#~#~
The lad's attention is captivated briefly by the swords but he knows he's got no hope of ever lifting them. Still, he figures, a rat can dream.
"Where are you taking us?" he demands of Blacks as the ship grows smaller in the distance.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"to a small grove. its very relaxing there" Blacks said continuing on into a small coverage of trees untill he found the grassy spot surrounded by trees and somewhat out of site. Blacks then sat down leaning on a tree before setting the two rats down.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote: "You will address me as Sir, not by my Christian name. Only the captain has that right, are we clear?

Eduardo is a christian name? Ariel thought to himself.
My apologies, monsieur. Back on my previous ship, the only time we had to say "sir" was after the word "yes". Ariel explained.
Hlaoroo wrote:Good. As to the reinforcing, I shall ensure that nobody is listening in. We've been fine thus far and I expect we'll continue like that... So... What's your story? What ship have you come from?"
I came from a french ship called "the retribution". Its been the only ship I've been on, but its been gambled away along with all of the captain's possessions. Ariel said. But anyways, its like you said. We've got work to do and I've got information to collect. I'll talk to you later, mon bon monsieur.
Ariel bowed, then moved to walk away, but stopped and turned back around. With your permission, sir.

((Mon bon=my good
monsieur=sir))
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, you've been lucky so far. I wonder how long your luck will hold..."
"hey don't say things like yhat mate , that's tempting fate , and as much as that might sound , I don't think they have rums down in Jone's locker"
Hlaoroo wrote:"For now... Gee, you Bigs walk fast. This would have taken us all day to walk ourselves!"
"well , we're bigger , so that may be why"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, true, true. Fate is best left undisturbed. And I'm in no hurry to find out what's in that particular locker either." Tackle looks down from his lofty perch.
"Yep. You're probably right about that. We have some advantages though. We can take more direct routes through the treetops."
"Si. It is easier for us to remain unseen also."

~#~#~
The instant his paws touch the ground, Timothy takes the opportunity to try to bolt from Blacks, still not trusting the fox.

~#~#~
"Well, you'll find things a bit different here. Pets are crew and subservient to their owners and other humans. Remember that and you'll have no trouble. Forget it and you'll get a few licks from the cat. Now, you're right. We've duties to attend. Dismissed."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel gave another bow and walked away, giving nods to the crew members he passed.
I can't just go searching for crew pets or the owners because I have no idea who they are. The only person on board who owns a pet is Miles... Ariel thought. Oh right! The new dog's name is... Ben, right? Ariel thought. Well... I should talk to Miles and ask about Ben. Ariel nodded and searched for the navigator.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

blacks saw timothy bolt before snatching him quickley back into his paw. "ok young one your going into the tree with pinch" blacks said before setting timothy next to pinch in the branches of the tree he sat by. "ah timothy you need to relax. no harms come to you, decides youve never seen land before have you?" Pinch asked near a peach on on of the branches
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, true, true. Fate is best left undisturbed. And I'm in no hurry to find out what's in that particular locker either." Tackle looks down from his lofty perch.
"Yep. You're probably right about that. We have some advantages though. We can take more direct routes through the treetops."
"Si. It is easier for us to remain unseen also."
"yes that is also true"
"everyone has their own advantages I guess"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Timothy sighs as he's recaptured and placed next to Pinch.
"Well... No, I haven't." he admits, clinging to the branch to avoid falling as his world rocks and shakes. Never having been off the boat, Timothy will need time to find his land legs as his brain and inner ear is used to the constant motion of the ship. Feeling rather land-sick, his whiskers droop a bit as he lies on his belly, limbs wrapped around the branch, wondering why the land is moving so much.

~#~#~
"Indeed they do."
"Left here, I think, Rocea. That path looks like it goes back downhill." suggests Tackle.
"You know," he smirks, "I think any rum in Davy Jones' locker would be rather... watered down!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"heh off the ship for the first time youll need time to adjust." pinch said before cutting some of the peach off and moving to timothy. He then set it in front of him along with a pouch of water. "your on a branch tim. Think of it as something from the ship. And drink before you eat ok youll live" pinch said as blacks smiled hearing the rats as he looked out in the distance.

James had finnally returned to the ship and had some men set a few crates on the dock before leaving. He then told some crew to move the crates to the cargo hold. James carried a shiny bottle that had a long cork in it, he went to the captain and knocked on the door.
ImageImageImage
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Ben walked around the lower decks, he saw Ariel down the hall. Oh hi Ariel. I'm just exploring the decks to get a look around. Do you have any idea where my room would be?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel had wondered down to the lower decks after searching the top.
Legotron123 wrote:As Ben walked around the lower decks, he saw Ariel down the hall. Oh hi Ariel. I'm just exploring the decks to get a look around. Do you have any idea where my room would be?
While looking for Ben's owner, Ariel found Ben instead! He thought Ben had went off the deck or some other stuff.
Bonjour, mon bon ami. Ariel greeted. Sorry, I only know as much as you do about the ship. Ariel replied.
Did you know there are more pets on the ship than just us? Ariel asked.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune stumbled upon a grotto where she saw Blacks, Pinch and another rat. "Hey Blacks!" she called, waving.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Timothy sniffs uncertainly at the peach, not having seen one before. He starts to reach for the water when he's startled by Dune's sudden call. Forgetting the water, he jumps to his paws and tries to bolt but the world lurches again and he topples backwards, falling from the branch and plopping back onto Blacks' hat where he lies dazed and confused.

~#~#~
Instead of bidding James enter, the captain emerges from his cabin, straightening his hat.
"Ah. I was about to send for you. Where is this merchant's ship? I'll be interested to speak with him as I've something to trade that I think he'll value."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

James stepped back when the captain exited, "its a few knots along port. i was actually hre to drop of a bottle for you but ill gladly show you to the merchant himself." James said putting the bottle away
-------
blacks looked towards dune as she approached and smiled. "hey dune, i didnt think youd find me here" blacks said before feeling timothy hit his hat. pinch drops the two items towards tim which land next to him.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Who's your new friend?" Dune asked, pointing at Timothy.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"who this little guy. Thats tim, hes never been on land so i took him with me."Blacks said sitting up some.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Indeed they do."
"Left here, I think, Rocea. That path looks like it goes back downhill." suggests Tackle.
"You know," he smirks, "I think any rum in Davy Jones' locker would be rather... watered down!"
"wow...." Ventus chuckled , shaking his head slightly after hearing the puns
"Hey that was pretty good"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"That's cool. It's nice to meet you Tim." Dune said, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Now that he's on Black's had which is moving around with the fox, Timothy begins to feel better again. He sits up but seeing the vixen's teeth, tries to bolt again. Unfortunately, the moment his feetpaws hit solid earth, his world lurches again and he topples to the ground, the illness returning almost immediately. The poor rat lies confused and unsure as to what's going on or why he feels so awful.

~#~#~
"Heh, thanks. I do come out with the odd gem. Duck, Pepito!" Tackle watches in horror as his friend, perched on Rocea's head, is knocked flying by a low-hanging branch.

~#~#~
"Show me the bottle first and we'll leave that here. We'll head over to the merchant afterwards. You'll row, of course."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune walked over to Timothy and picked him up. "Are you okay?" she asked, concerned.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"hes scared of us is all, he hasnt seen alot. so hes naturally scared of it." Blacks said taking timothy and setting him gently into his hat again where the food and water was. "so what have you been up to?" blacks asked
-------------
James then showed the bottle of aged wine to the captain before heading to the rowboat
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, thanks. I do come out with the odd gem. Duck, Pepito!" Tackle watches in horror as his friend, perched on Rocea's head, is knocked flying by a low-hanging branch.
"PEPITO !" Ventus yelled in horror , fortunately (sort of) , Rocea reacted fast enough to catch the rat with her paw
"whoops"
" "WHOOPS"?! Urgh.....Pepito , you alright mate?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, okay. I've just been wandering around town." Dune said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pepito licks the blood from a split lip.
"I am okay. But you should see the opponent!" he grins, causing Tackle to nearly fall off Rocea's shoulder from laughter.

~#~#~
Riding on the hat, Timothy gradually begins to feel better again. Sitting up, he sniffs at the peach again before nibbling tentatively at it. Finding that he likes it, he gorges himself upon it, eating his fill, before greedily guzzling water from the small pouch.

~#~#~
The captain examines the bottle with a practised eye, keeping his thoughts to himself. He passes it to Eduardo and informs him that he's in charge until he returns before following James to the longboat with another trusted sailor and a dog for protection.
"Tell me about this merchant. I want to know who and what I'm dealing with before we get there." he orders James as the two subordinates dig the oars into the water.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

MrNeonShot wrote:Ariel had wondered down to the lower decks after searching the top.
Legotron123 wrote:As Ben walked around the lower decks, he saw Ariel down the hall. Oh hi Ariel. I'm just exploring the decks to get a look around. Do you have any idea where my room would be?
While looking for Ben's owner, Ariel found Ben instead! He thought Ben had went off the deck or some other stuff.
Bonjour, mon bon ami. Ariel greeted. Sorry, I only know as much as you do about the ship. Ariel replied.
Did you know there are more pets on the ship than just us? Ariel asked.
Yes, I deduced that from the bits of fur lying around the place. Ben said, feeling it was obvious. Anyways, what's it like, only being here an hour and already having a high ranking position?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Pepito licks the blood from a split lip.
"I am okay. But you should see the opponent!" he grins, causing Tackle to nearly fall off Rocea's shoulder from laughter.
"wow careful there mate , you really don't wanna fall down those rocks down there"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Legotron123 wrote:Yes, I deduced that from the bits of fur lying around the place. Ben said, feeling it was obvious. Anyways, what's it like, only being here an hour and already having a high ranking position?
Ariel knew information would be leaked because of his captain's trailing voice and the thin walls.
Well, that information was classified until the pets got to know me, but I guess this is a good conversation starter. Ariel remarked.
So far we are the only pets on board, so I expect this information to be between you and me And everyone on board... Ariel said.
Anyways, I'd like to hear more about your mouse hunt strategies. Ariel said.
Hotep the psychic

"find anything you like?" blacks asked, pinch looked from the tree to tim before dropping some more pieces of peach before waving hi to dune.
------

"The merchant is quite the large fellow and does not love being told about it. He knows much about the amount of his own cargo. He specializes in raritys and wines, he also beleives hes a part of royalty, youll see from what he wears. I know him from the fights within the inn. Hes not one to easily bargain with also i might add, hell get his own way before he makes a deal most of the time captain....Lastly sir his mood towards violence is low, hell have his dogs feed off of you before he dies, if it does come to where he has to fight, dont underestimate him. hes quite the swordsmen." James said thinking as he went before he began rowing the boat to the designated port.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Distracted by the food, Timothy begins to relax despite himself. Nibbling at the new piece of peach, much more slowly this time, he leans back casually and waves up at Pinch with a smile.

~#~#~
Suddenly Palgrave is glad he brought along the sailor and the big dog. He puts on a show of bravado though.
"Well, I think it's safe to say he's never dealt with a man like me. I'm sure we'll work something out to benefit the both of us."

~#~#~
"Heh he- ooh. That's a long way down. I didn't realise how close we were to the cliff edge here or how high we'd gotten." Tackle moves in closer to Rocea's neck just to be safe.
"We must be nearly to the top now." The rat cranes his neck around to see past Rocea's jaw towards their destination.
"Or not. We've still got to get up there." he points to the top of the old crater rim.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"Heh....If I might add Captain hes got a fondness for animals and...uh rarities. Most of those finds are spices and little made trinkets, even small statues would do to lower his little bargain" James added with a smile as he continued rowing through the water.

Blacks had signed dune to sit down with him with a pat on the ground next to him.
Pinch slid down the tree quietly and joined Tim on top of blacks hat holding another portion of peach and some more water.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh he- ooh. That's a long way down. I didn't realise how close we were to the cliff edge here or how high we'd gotten." Tackle moves in closer to Rocea's neck just to be safe.
"We must be nearly to the top now." The rat cranes his neck around to see past Rocea's jaw towards their destination.
"Or not. We've still got to get up there." he points to the top of the old crater rim.
"You've come all this way before ?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune sat down next to Blacks. "There were a few things that I liked." she said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Blacks looked at dune "like what?"Blacks said
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I saw some really pretty jewelry. I also saw some beautiful cloths." Dune said, looking Blacks in the eyes and smiling as she placed her paw on Blacks.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ben smirked. Of course. Which would you like to see, how I find the mice, or what I do when I find them?

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel took a moment to decide what he wanted to see.
Lets go with how you find them. Ariel replied.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotep the psychic

blacks looked back at dunes eyes before sitting closer to her and holding her paw "and what did you like from what you saw? are you to make a dress for yourself?" Blacks asked
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"D'fhéadfadh mé. If I can get all the materials for it. There was this really pretty red fabric that would be perfect." Dune said, smiling at Blacks as she talked about the fabric.

d'fhéadfadh mé- I might.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Once." confirms Tackle. "But it wasn't exactly by choice. I got trapped in a sack a sailor brought up here for a picnic. He wasn't happy but hey, I got a free lunch! And... A brief flying lesson." Tackle ruefully rubs his shoulder where he'd landed after being flung by a sailor.
"Anyway I didn't exactly get much time to enjoy the view or the scenery before since I had to hurry back to the boat so it's nice to come up a second time."
"Oh, so that is how you got that black eye. You said it was a fight!"
"Well... it was a fight... With the ground... And I lost..." Tackle admits.

~#~#~
"I see. Well then I think we should be able to make each other very happy, this merchant and I. I'm sure I can interest him in a few things. You know, you really ought to tell me his name too. I'm determined to have every advantage that I can here." The captain doesn't say it but if what James says is true the he knows he'll need all the leverage he can get.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters