17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:Tack fold his arms, trying to suppress a shudder at the thought of being digested. Tilting his head he asks "Alright, then. Whaddya wanna know?"
"Whats yar super secret Bilge rat business?". Jin asked, grinning.
"From what I've heard, ya have somethin of ah civil war on this here ship."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well it's not an all-out war as such. We just like to... keep tabs on each other, is all. I was "keeping tabs" on a group of topside rats when you snatched me. And you still haven't answered my question. Where are you taking me?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Ah was goin ta tha party. Meet a friend there. Drinks. Dance. Yeh'know.". He shrugged.
"Ya wanna come? There be more rats tah spy on thar."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"And, what, you were going to just hand me off to another cat? No thank you! I'm going back to watch what those other rats and their accomplices bring back. They can't be going far in such a small boat and with no supplies or victuals or the like."
With that he jumps off the cat's paw and disappears, heading back to the stern of the boat, this time making sure to stay to the side of the corridor in the shadows.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I think we should go because I do still need to pull all you little fellas." Tiki grabs the pull string a ties it around his body. "You ready...dog?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Lawrence nods, "Ayup. Be good to have the solid deck under me feet again."

Jerome ripostes, "Tain't any solider than this deck."

Lawrence pushes his cousin with one paw, "There's more of it, imbécil!"

Jerome shoves back, "Who are you calling imbécil, imbécil? And we must wait for the fox, beside."

Lawrence pokes Jerome, "Ain't our dog, he can make his own way back."

Poke back, "Imbécil, he's a fox, anyone can see that!"

Lawrence shoves, "Foxes are red, imbécil sarnoso!" and Jerome steps back, almost trips over the treasure, and spins around making "woo woo" noises, grabbing at Pinch to keep his balance, and finally recovers.

Jerome yells, "Who you calling mangy? Zoquete! Mendrugo! Hup!" and charges Lawrence, and the both go over the side in a tremendous splashing and flailing and "Help! Help! I can't swim!"
Last edited by Argent on Mon May 27, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley hears some scampering about. Turning, back, he grabs his needle in case of bad news.

"Hello?" He ventures.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Blacks came up again from the water with two rifles and another bag full of gems. "what were leaving?...ok" blacks said swimming around to the back of the raft and tieing himself to it and with a slow start started to swim in front of it pulling the raft along.
------

pinch was still working with the lock on the first chest, and with a loud click he laughed in triumph and opened the chest and hopped inside.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"STOP! STOP! RATS OVERBOARD! M'AIDEZ! HALT! ARRÊTEZ! DETENER YA! RATAS BORDA!"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki stops and swims over to the rat and opened his mouth, soon after the rat was inside his mouth.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit isn't amused! "No! Bad dog! Spit him out! Jerome isn't for eating!"

Lawrence meanwhile has grabbed hold of the gunwale and is hauling himself aboard. "Ayup. You'll get fleas from him too. And mange." He sprawls athwart the boat, paws hanging over the side. "Probably tastes bad. It's a dog now? Told him it was a dog."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki swam up to the boat "Mmph...mmph....blegh." Tiki threw the rat back onto the boat. "Don't get your knickers in a twist... I told you I don't eat rats...*Gack* hairball."
Argent

Post by Argent »

Jerome sprawls in the bilge while Lawrence skitters out of the way. "We best toss him back over and wash the drool off."

"Don't even think it, Larry. Toss a bucket of water on him and let's get moving while we can still see!"

"Ain't got a bucket, miss."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"ugh...here we don't need a bucket." Tiki takes his big webbed paw and splashes all the rats. "You all need a bath to me..."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"All present and accounted for? Everyone got a good hold? Taille haut!"
Hotep the psychic

"at least you have the easier task, im swimming here dragging the raft." blacks said swimming a bit faster to keep up. inside the chest pinch found a ring and was wearing it like a crown. "theres a lot of good stuff in here, lots of gold, gems, and jewelry. I like this ring makes a good crown" pinch said putting it back inside and crawling to the next chest. "whats behind your lock pretty?" pinch asked the chest sticking the needle into the hole and starting to pick it.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Hey, kid!" Jerome yells, once he recovers from being pushed overboard and almost eaten, "Reckon you didn't notice as how's we're still in the middle of the ocean. You think those crazy humans maybe throw something at us? You figure you'll be sorry you opened them chests?"

Lawrence agrees, "Yup, they done that before, humans ain't got no more sense an a weasel."
Hotep the psychic

"ah you got your knickers in a twist is all" pinch said opening the second chest and hopping inside. "scrolls and treasure and spices" pinch thought to himself as he closed the chest and locked it again
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Got any idea what the kid's talkin' about, Curly?"

"No clue, Larry. What are 'nickers'?" Jerome pauses, then yells, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!" and bonks his cousin on the head with a gorgeous jeweled hatpin.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki was getting irritated by the rats "Can you guys keep it down back there. You are acting like children. Its hard to concentrate while you guys are fooling around."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Arriving back at the stern, Tackle can hear the squabbling rats approaching long before he can make out the smooth ripple created by their passage through the swell. Concealing himself under a cleat this time he settles down to await their arrival.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Can you believe I'm related to those papirote out there? Sneaking up on a galleon, yelling at each other like seagulls? What a bunch of clowns!"

The third of Bowsprit's henchmen has been sitting there waiting for the little boat to return for hours. He tosses a chunk of ancient bread... so dry even a rat won't eat it... over the side, brushes crumbs off his whiskers, and walks up to Tackle. "Ain't seen you round the Captain's territory before, chico. I'm Moses, what should I call you?" He's a big rat, with a patch of dark fur on top of his head like a bowl haircut.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Not seeing but hearing some what of something going on the other side of the stern castle, Gulley started darting in between the rails to the tip of the boat to see what was going on.

Hopefully, not a bunch of topsiders. Gulley thought, not wanting to be recognised as a rat errant.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"looks like we are back. How much of this is my share bowsprit." Tiki was floating on his back eating a clam, waiting for an answer.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Half of the cargo in the boat, or whatever you carry, whatever's the biggest portion..." she looks over at the raft and its chests, "I guess you and your foxy friend have ten times what fit in the Estuardo between you. Saint Francis only knows how you're going to sneak all that aboard!"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"little by little." Tiki grabs a couple of small chests and sneaks them up to the deck. going back and forth from where he hides his valuables.
Hotep the psychic

blacks took his two chests and loaded all his leather pouches into his coat and dove under water with it all, about a minute later he was directly under the ship and found a small workers door, he opened it and shoved his chests inside. he then climbed inside as well seeing the ships ballast of rock. he then set his chests evenly on both sides as well as his bags then went back to the raft five minutes later with his treasure hidden. "no one knows but me and workers don't check ballast that much and when they do they need the whole ship out of the water" blacks thought to himself as he went on deck and started lifting powder kegs aboard one at a time.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle thins quickly. "I'm a new recruit. I came aboard with the fox and his human. M'name's Block." he replies, feeling rather small next the hulking giant. "I-I'm still learning the ropes around here, so to speak. Care to tell me what's going on here?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley has by now made his way over to the other side of the ship. And with a keen interest he looks on as a rat vessel is slowly unloaded with goods.

Might be time to make off with something. A little chase never hurt anyone, heh.
He thought gleefully to himself. And with a bribe, an ally or two could be easily won, or lost.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"New to the ship, eh? Hope you can come to the sterncastle nest after this job and tell us what's been going on. Captain Bandy's always hot to know what's happening in the world."

Lawrence and Jerome swarm up the side and grab a pair of ropes ropes, and Moses tosses Tack the last one and starts hauling. Bowsprit stays on the boat to fend it off the stout oaken hull.

"Reckon you know how to pull on a yard, at least?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I don't think I can come back to the nest just yet. I have other orders to carry out first." That much, at least, is true. Tack skillfully catches the yard. "That much I can do. Do you *grrrrrrrr* know what they've brought back?" he grunts as he hauls on the rope. Realising that Bowsprit is still on the skiff, he turns his back to the railing and shifts the rope over his shoulder so that his face is turned away from where he expects Bowsprit to appear over the side, so that she won't recognise him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"That should be enough." Tiki said. "Hey dog. You can have the rest I got what I need." Tiki left the group and headed up to the crows nest to sleep.
Argent

Post by Argent »

The three henchmen use a gargoyle as a pully to warp the boat up against the hull and start filling bags with coin and jewels. "Just some human stuff, nothing you can eat. Go on now, block-head, come back in the morning."
Hotep the psychic

Black was now on deck with his mind knowing where his treasure was. he nodded to the otter and then bundled himself in a corner behind barrels and boxes to count and sleep.
---
pinch looked to bowsprit. "what now?" pinch asked curiously scratching his ears a bit
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tack notes the gold and jewels being shovelled into the sacks. Deciding it's best not to argue with 3 larger rats despite their obvious clumsiness, he corrects Moses before taking his leave before Bowsprit can recognise him.
"It's Block. Not Block head."
Reaching the stairs from the sterncastle he suddenly finds himself face-to-face with Gulley.
"I don't know you. Are you one of them?" he asks, jerking his head at the rats at the stern.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Now we take these bags up into the nest, and make the Captain a very happy rat."

She hoists a bag half her size and shoves it up through a crack in the overhanging cabin wall, and pretty soon she and her three stooges have the haul safely ensconced among the bunks and bundles and blankets and bedding that the elite of the topside rats call home.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley was startled. And also noticed that the rest of the loot was out of sight!

Rats! Gulley thought casually to himself. Then he shakes his head.

"No, I don't know you either. Why you from topside?" Gulley asks.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No, but don't tell them that. They caught me watching them but I managed to bluff my way out of it. You're not a bilgerat either, are you? I'd know you if you were. I could use a new recruit with a bit of brains, if you want to join us. It'd make a change from the thugs I always have to deal with."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley's ears flattened. He really didn't like the sound of working with thugs.

"I'll pass thanks, not my line of work," he said.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I didn't even tell you what the work would be yet. But suit yourself. I guess I'll see you around?" He laughs. "Huh, I suppose I will since there's not many places to go on a ship like this. My offer still stands though, if you decide you want to join. Just ask any bilgerat for Queen Sally's eyes and ears and they'll point you in the right direction." With that he takes his leave and continues down the stairs to report to Sally.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters