17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Argent »

And so the sun moon sets on a long day on the good ship Impudence.

Next morning, Captain Palgrave wakes the crew by firing a minion from the gundeck.

No, it's OK, that's a kind of cannon back in good old 1625...
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Blacks was up on the sails by the crows nest not hanging onto anything, he stood there looking at the horizon, he then looked over to the otter in the crows nest then back to the horizon."i like it here, reminds me of looking to the future." blacks said taking a deep breath as the gun went off almost toppling him over.
----
pinch woke with a start in the galley and ran to hide quickley. he looked around before taking some bread and heading to the deck.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Patrick was up a bit before sunrise and snuck out, avoiding everyone 'till he reached the fore peak (the beak) of the ship, from where he greeted the rising sun. At the sound of the shooting, Patrick almost fell in the water from surprise. He moved to the main deck and stood by the main mast.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In his hammock made froma bandana filched from a crewman, Tackle ignores the cannon blast and rolls over and continues sleeping.

~#~#~

Hovering on a thermal high above the ship, Cedric sees a puff of smoke emanating from the bow of the ship and then hears the report of the cannon a moment later. He circles lazily downward and alights on the rear mast, keeping his eyes peeled for any chance at breakfast.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Christopher was sleeping in some of the riggings on the main mast. He was able to find an unnamed rat to eat last night, and decided to sleep outside like he does sometimes. He almost fell off when the cannon went of, but caught himself by his tail. He started to climb down to the main deck to wait and see if he had any duties to help with today.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley liked to wake up with the cannon blasts. Sometimes he woke up a little earlier just in case to, do a few things. Like, making off with someone's something or other. But not today. As, like a failure, he had slipped back to topside and had fallen asleep in the farthest corner he could manage. He sat there blinking his eyes to wake himself further. He needed tea. Or coffee. Coffee would be nice. He'd had it once before when he filched some from a turk that had come aboard one time. He soon gave up and threw his blanket back over his head and dozed off for a few more minutes. Last night was apparently too late for him.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"One fish, two fish, black fish, blue fish.". Jin said to himself as He opened a door that led out to the deck. He stopped to let out a yawn. Hmm... Slept too late last night. Too much partying. Course that's almost every night.
Jin continued on his way towards the front of the ship. There were two fishes in his hands. Both for a certain someone he had a deal with. As he walks across the deck he says hello to Rhyme, getting a small wave back, before returning to his original objective.
"Now where are ya birdy?". Jin mumbled, looking around.

Rhyme hummed a musical tune to herself as she walked out of the mess hall and onto the deck. Another day on the Impudence. She waved to Jin as he passed by, curious as to why he had two fish in his hands, but quickly dismissed it as she walked over to the side of the boat to look out at the ocean. She liked the way the sea looked in the morning. It's surface seemed the shine as the rays of the sun made lights dance on its surface.
Last edited by Roarin on Wed May 29, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Preening himself to pass the time as he watches for a chance for breakfast, Cedric unwittingly dislodges a loose feather which flutters down and lands on Jin's nose.

~#~#~

Tackle rolls over again and drops out of the hammock with a thump. Muttering under his breath, he washes his face with cold water from the large thimble beside his hammock and then trundles off to find some breakfast.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin sighs. Can't find that seagull anywhere. Just the an feathers floats down, landing on his nose. White, kinda short... The cat looks up to find the owner of the feather, and the gull he was looking for.
"Ay! Your highness!". He calls with air of mockery, but holds up the fish so the bird can see.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's "Sir" to you. I am not the King." admonishes Cedric as he circles down to the railing next to the cat. "Have you come to make good your end of the bargain?"

~#~#~

Tackle manages to steal a bit of ships biscuit from the captain's breakfast tray in the galley while the cook's back was turned. Chuckling to himself at the thought of the look on the captain's face when he sees the chunk missing from the side of the biscuit, he nibble on the biscuit as he makes his way to Sally's court behind the stern bulkhead to see if she has any orders for him for today.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

The Captain marches smartly out of his cabin, munching on a biscuit, and calls for "That rogue James and his animals".
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"That's "Sir" to you. I am not the King." admonishes Cedric as he circles down to the railing next to the cat. "Have you come to make good your end of the bargain?"
"Yeah yeah, whatever." The cat held up the two fish in confirmation of the second question. Both were slightly average in size (about the length of a paperback book) and looked fresh.
"This what yer lookin for?"

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Indeed, they shall suffice, thank you." Cedric graciously accepts the fish and begins devouring them.

~#~#~

Tackle bows in front of the giant Queen of the Bilgerats. Sally had earned the position by conquest (Bilgrats think highly of accomplishments) several years ago and since then no one had dared oppose her. She was big, brawny and brainy. Thus arose Tackle's problem: how to placate her whilst secretly opposing her and not get caught at it. Right now, he's not doing a very good job of the placating bit.
"So you're telling me that the Topsiders have garnered a great treasure and you were unable to procure even a single coin?"
"Yes, your majesty. But there were 5 of them, and they had a fox and an otter and I was-"
"A coward! You of all rats should have been able to steal at least a few gems."
"I-"
"I don't want to hear it! You'd better have something more useful to me than a failure tonight. You told me the Topsiders used a seagull. Get him on your side and exploit him. Now get out of my sight!"
"Yes, your majesty. Thank you, your majesty." Bowing and scraping, Tackle beats a hasty retreat, all the while silently fuming.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Pinch was climbing the mast to the crows nest and saw the fox standing on the sail beams. he then went under the crowsnest gap and pulled out a small ruby, and looked at it with wide eyes and a smile. "oooooh what lovely you are...I guess I did earn it considering I did pick two chest locks for the fox." pinch said hugging the gem. he then looked around seeing if he was alone and pulled out a small cork to show a hole in the mast inside was a watch and few other items, he then set the ruby inside and then corked the hole again quickly and ran back down the mast, about halfway down he saw tack.
ImageImageImage
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley rolls in his bed once more. And finally awakes fully. He sits there blinking his eyes again. He honestly didn't like this spot. But it was the farthest from the rest of the town yet still close to it. He crossed his arms and huffed. Honestly with all the bolts and holes as the sea gull so elegantly put it, how on earth had he yet to find one? There had to be something, somewhere. Safe. He sat there thinking for a good few before his stomach growled. Sighing, he made off to find breakfast.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle cautiously pokes his head up through the top of the scupper, looking for the bird. He's not quite sure yet how he'll win it over but he's sure it will have a weakness. Everyone does. It doesn't take long before he spots the bird talking to the black cat who'd got the jump on him last night. Deciding it would be safest to wait until he can get the bird alone, Tackle settles down to wait. Unfortunately he's so engrossed in watching the bird that he fails to notice the sailor swabbing the deck until he gets a facefull of dirty mop and seawater being flushed through the scupper. The sailor never even notices Tack's muffled squeak as he gets tangled in the strands and sent spinning across the deck, sliding out of the mop again and skidding straight into the black cat's paw. "Oh, crud." he thinks and tries to skitter away to safety across the now damp and slippery deck.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Pinch was now on the slippery deck then slid across the deck as if ice skating and went between the cat and the seagull quickley holding up a large chunk of bread
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Indeed, they shall suffice, thank you." Cedric graciously accepts the fish and begins devouring them.
Jin watched as the seagul ate, a distasteful expression on his face.
"Yer welcome. So do you have anything else int-res-tin tah tell me?"
A few seconds later, Jin noticed a rat across the deck, his eyes followed the rat as it skid towards him. Skidding, skidding, skidding straight into his paws. With lightning fast reflexes, he picks him up by the tail again, holding the rat up so Jin can face the rodent at eye level.
"Miss meh already?" He asked, grinning.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Not this time. I only wish my luck was as good as my aim." quips Tackle as he again finds himself rotating slowly in midair towards the cat.

Swallowing a lump of fish, Cedric eyes the rat critically as he replies to the cat. "There's a free agent on board - a new rat. I never caught his name but he did't seem to keen on working for either faction."
"Huh, I met him too. He was a cool chap if ever I've met one. Point blank refused my offer of employment." confirms Tackle.
Cedric laughs. "Keearh! I'm not surprised! Who would wan't to work for a rat like you?"
Tack hisses at the gull. "Don't try to play innocent, gull. I know you were working for the topsiders yesterday. You spotted that treasure for them, didn't you?"
Cedric is outraged. That was a business transaction, not an employment! And I'll thank you to show some respect for your superiors!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin snorted when the bird said the word "superiors" but mentioned nothing else on the subject.
"Yeh, don't say? Hmm... unaffiliated rat. Ah'd be int-rested in talkin tah him. Maybe..."
He turns his attention on the rat.
"An what are you doin today? In such ah rush ya nearly ran straight intah my paws. Yer lucky I'm ah civilized cat. Or... as civilized as ah priate can be"

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Couldn't you tell? I'd have thought a civilised pirate would have recognised a deck swab when he saw one. Or even a semi-intelligent deck hand for that matter. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is all. I had no intention of speaking to you again. I was actually only interested in the gull. It's Secret Bilgerat business. What's your interest in the gull?"
Cedric squawks indignantly. "'The Gull' has a name, you know. I am Sir Cedric Ian Pimsworth, Knight of the Order of Britain, the Commonwealth and its realms, and I shall thank you to refer to me in a manner befitting that station."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin shrugs.
"I like The Gull. He can fly. Talks tah me about the happenins on tha ship." He shrugs again.
"And are ya always on secret bilgerat business?"

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle shrugs upside-down-edly (is that even a word? :lol: ). "Most days. I get a day off every half and full moon. What kind of things does the gull tell you?"
Cedric coughs indignantly. "'The gull' is standing right here. And he has a name.
Tackle brushes him off. "Yeah, yeah. Sir Fancy-Pants, I know. Returning to the cat he jibes: "Do you make a habit of dangling small creatures by their tails or am I just a special case?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin grinned, setting the rat down on his hand.
'Would it make ya feel special if ah did?" He glances at the seagull.
"As tah what Cedric tells me. Anythin he can think of. An i commend he efforts properly by givin em food."

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

pinch stood close by listening in on everything. "I thought his name was sir cedric tack, geez I help you with the fox and then you have the cat grabing you? I feel bad." pinch said walking closer watching the cat closely ready to dodge his pounces or grabs.
ImageImageImage
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley slinks into a rafter corner of the mess hall. Getting a read on sailors eating, done eating, leaving. Watching and waiting, sitting in the shadows.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit notices the cat playing with something, looks like a rat, and scurries along the side, cutting around the mainmast rigging to stay out of sight of the deck until she can see who it is. She comes up behind Pinch and whispers "Lord, I thought that fellow was eaten by your fox friend! What's he doing still walking around? Oh well, won't be a problem for long."

None of the rats notice Captain Palgrave stalking down the deck looking side to side, muttering about missing cats.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hotep the psychic wrote:pinch stood close by listening in on everything. "I thought his name was sir cedric tack, geez I help you with the fox and then you have the cat grabing you? I feel bad." pinch said walking closer watching the cat closely ready to dodge his pounces or grabs.
"Ay! Now thars no shame in bein caught by tha best.". He grins down at Pinch, showing teeth.
"Not tah brag of course."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Roarin wrote:Jin grinned, setting the rat down on his hand.
'Would it make ya feel special if ah did?" He glances at the seagull.
"As tah what Cedric tells me. Anythin he can think of. An i commend he efforts properly by givin em food."
"Anything an honest bilgerat can use?" Tackle asks?
Hotep the psychic wrote:pinch stood close by listening in on everything. "I thought his name was sir cedric tack, geez I help you with the fox and then you have the cat grabing you? I feel bad." pinch said walking closer watching the cat closely ready to dodge his pounces or grabs.
"Well, at least someone has the common decency to use my name." remarks Cedric.
Seeing Bowsprit appear beside Pinch, Tack can't resist offering a jibe. "Well now, if it isn't the magician who managed to make herself disappear twice in one day. Well I suppose you Topsiders would have a lot of experience running for your lives."
Roarin wrote: "Ay! Now thars no shame in bein caught by tha best.". He grins down at Pinch, showing teeth.
"Not tah brag of course."
Tackle laughs. "Sure. I'll be sure to remember that when he catches me."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"You're talking to that animal? Are you crazy, you know they can't be... oh, I forget myself, of course they can be trusted. Aye, trusted to kill rats whenever they get a chance!"

She tries to pull Pinch to safety, ignoring the ravings of the doomed bilge rat.
Hotep the psychic

pinch keeps standing there against bowsprit. "well what a toothy grin, not scary though. if you wants scary see the foxs teeth that will give a scare to many animals. and ye say your the best but I say the fox is better." pinch said crossing his arms, he eyed the cat still waiting for him to pounce to prove him wrong.
----
blacks came down the mast soon and saw the seagull and the cat talking and walked over. "good day all what all the commotion here?" blacks asked his paws in his pockets
-----
pinch seeing the fox walk up was a bit surprised "well speak of the devil" pinch said
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You! Dog!" Captain Palgrave yells at Blacks. "I've been looking for you and that cat all morning! Where is he, and does he know enough Spanish to understand me yet?"

"Speaking of crazy..." Bowsprit adds, "... it's the human captain."
Hotep the psychic

"I haven't seen him all morning either captain, and no not yet we barely started but he will soon enough." blacks said back dutifully.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I know you just started, beast. So what are you doing, right now, that's more important than teaching that cat Spanish? Nothing? That's what I thought!"
Hotep the psychic

Blacks was smiling uncontrollably looking at the captains head where pinch now stood. "uh captain I don't believe you changed hair colors did you?" blacks asked still about to laugh
---
pinch was surprised at how bowsprit didn't see him leave and race up the captains clothes. he now stood on his hat on the top of his head proudly. he then looked at the cat and stuck his tongue out at him with his hands waving beside his head. and then watched to see what the cat or the captain would do.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Captain Palgrave yells and grabs the rat and tosses him across the deck before he can bite. Unfortunately (fortunately for Pinch) he hits a sail instead of the bulkhead the captain had in mind, and the lucky rat is out of sight before the human can throw something at him. Gifford's hearty curses practically turn the air blue before he rounds on the animals.

"You," he yells at Jin, "stop playing with the rats and start catching them, and you," he adds to Blacks, "get that cat trained up, and show me how a native ratter can turn things around on this boat."

He heads back to his cabin, then turns and tosses off one more comment. "I can always do with a new rug."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Ah was jus interogate-in him sar.". Jin said, standing up as he did, the rat still in his hand.
"Tryin tah see where his friends are hidin.". He adds, walking away.
"Bes not tah anger tha cap'in.". The cat whispers to the rat.
"Once he hung meh by a foot from tha crow's nest cause he thought ah didn't catch enough rats. Had the crew take turns swingin meh back an forth all day. Rhyme was nice enough jus tah swing meh a ltitle bit..."

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit goes running off to see what happened to Pinch, scurrying along the ropes like a rat.
Hotep the psychic

Pinch now sat in the sail laughing from the throw and where he landed behind him he had a feather from the captains hat.
----
soon after the captain left blacks shook his head and left to the ocelot standing by the main mast.
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luckily for Gulley, he didn't have to wait long. Some careless sailors got up from eating at a corner table, leaving a few decent sized scraps behind. Gulley darted down the wall, over and up the table, snatched a piece of biscuit, and scampered down to the floor staying behind the leg.

Nice and smooth! Gulley thought to himself, nibbling on his prize.