17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit squeaks and skitters back down the beam, and starts banging on a board at the end of the run. "Captain! Captain! Open up!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Roarin wrote:"Tlacotle?". She rolled the word around in her head, completely befuddled until she heard the fox speak up.
"The captain?". She mumbled softly.
"His room should be down the hall. Near the front of the Impudence...". She realized a moment later that the ocelot might not know what she was saying so she resorted to the universal language of hand gestures, and pointed in the direction.
The ocelot pointed in the same direction the female dog was pointing and asked once more "Tlacotle?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

blacks thought for a moment on how to translate. "oy um ani cacatzactlis, conito tlacotle cate cah" blacks said slowly trying to remember the words and pointing as well unknowing if the ocelot understood or not.

(im Blacks, she says that the leader is that way.- translation)

pinch saw the door open to find the fox again with other animals. he scratched his head unknowing what they were saying from the disatance. he then climbed the wall and stood on an overhead beem.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
The Moon Howler

"Titlatoa nahuatl, itzcuintli?"* the ocelot asked~, looking at the strange dog he fought earlier "Toconmati notlatol?"**

~~~~~~

* - roughly translated as "You speak nahuatl, dog?"
** - roughly translated as "You know my words?" meaning "You understand me?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Christopher watched as the Ocelot came out and started speaking in a language he'd never heard before.
"So what tongue be he speakin'," Christopher asked Blacks. "I've not 'eard this language before."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I think it be italian."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Wait...ummm, I mean. That way...". She corrected herself, pointing in the opposite direction, towards the stern. In the heat of the moment Rhyme had mixed up the directions.
"Tlacotle... is That way...". She repeated.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Blacks thought for a minute thinking of what the words meant then continued, "quemaca tel, aic nahuat cenca ayamo" blacks said more confidently looking at Christopher and tiki. "hes speaking either Florentine or azetec I can only understand little but ill try to make due. is someone getting the captain that's who he wants." blacks said to the others turning back to the ocelot listening intently.

(translation- yes but never spoke much before)
ImageImageImage
The Moon Howler

"Toconmati ohuel, itzcuintli!"* the ocelot said and pointed in the new direction "Campa Tlacotle?"**

-------------

* - translation: "You know it well, dog."
** - roughly meaning "Wheres the leader/master?" In this case - captain.

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"it be lookin' like ye'll need ta stay with 'im fer a while, if ye be the only one understandin' 'is words," Christopher said to Blacks.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Blacks thought moment. "nicmati, amho" blacks said back looking around to see if he could spot the captain.
with no luck he sighed then took a drink of rum from his flask, then offered some to the ocelot. "tatliznequi?" blacks asked. he soon heard Christopher. "I understand this but soon I may not understand." blacks said

(translation- I don't know.
2. want a drink?)
-----
pinch looked down and then left the room to the galley.
ImageImageImage
The Moon Howler

The ocelot shook head "Ahmo alchichic, itzcuintli. Iyo atl."*

------------
* - roughly translated as "No bitter water, dog. Only water."
By 'bitter water' the ocelot refers to 'alcohol'. The other water he refers to is Fresh water.

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Rhyme gave a sigh of relief, seeing that the conversation had moved from her to the fox. Talking indirectly to someone she couldn't understand was a lot easier than speaking straight to them.
"If he still wants to know... please tell him the captain's room is in the back of the ship. The last door to the right..." She smiled and gave a small wave to the group before quickly departing down the hall, to her own room.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tack grinned and advanced slowly towards her. "What's the matter? I just want to talk. I'm not going to hurt you. Yet. All you need to do is to tell me what you wanted with the gull and I'll leave you alone. For the time being, at least." he chuckles evilly.

~#~#~

Cedric didn't miss the sarcasm in the cat's tone and responded coolly. "That's Pimsworth." glared Cedric. "As for what I'm doing here, I was brought here from England by a storm which thrust me into the strong winds above the clouds. Not that it's any of your business."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit edges sideways around the corner, clawing surreptitiously at the panel behind her. "I will NEVER betray my captain, or the mission he's entrusted me with!"

With those words she scoots across the top of the lintel of the captain's doorway, in full view of at least one cat! There's another hole at the other end, and if they're distracted she should make it!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle gives chase.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"You sure about that?.". The feline gave a smile that would make the Cheshire Cat proud.
"Ya see. Mah job.". He put his hand on his heart.
"Is tah keep certain creatures. Off this here beaut-i-ful ship. Not given any who's or what's.".
He made a show of examining his other paw, extending and unextending his claws.
"It may not be my business why you came here. But I just got-ta ask. Why haven't cha left yet?".

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Pinch ends up on the deck soon and runs into bowsprit while on his way to the bow."huh oy what be the rush?!" pinch said adjusting the needles on his back.

Blacks shrugged then soon directed the ocelot to the captain's quarters. Upon reaching the door he knocked on it three times then waited.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I... I... I have my reasons." Cedric fumbles, trying to deflect the question.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit holds tight to the ornamental carving over the Captain's door, and grabs Pinch (need to or not, she's the hero of her personal story, and that's what heroes do!) before he can tumble off the lintel and land right at the feet of the ocelot. Distracted or no, they can't help but notice that! She whispers urgently to the other topsider, and turns him around so they can scurry the remaining fifteen inches to safety.
Hotep the psychic

Pinch soon saw the cat and then saw the Fox, he smiled and told bowsprit soon following after bow. "hey isn't that the new pets on the ship? And why is a Fox here?" he asked
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"There's a shipwreck, and the fox and cat and another human came on board from it. And there's a bilge rat chasing me, there he is on the door now. He won't dare attack two of us, so stay here and wait until these two have gone past. I don't know if they eat rats, but look at those teeth!"

Speaking of doors, the captain's door swings open.

"Who is it, oh, it's you two again. You ready for a rematch with the big cat here?"
Hotep the psychic

Blacks thought about it then shook his head "good idea but no that's not why I'm here I don't like having enemy's on the same ship I'm on, competitions good but I'm letting him off from the throw I thought he wouldn't been able to do so from him bein so weak....... Any ways this guy wanted to see you after waking up. He speaks Aztec, so I'll do my best to uh figure what he's sayin." blacks said to the captain with his paws in his pockets.

_____

Pinch listened close to the Fox as hos focus was on the bilge rat until the door opened. He then leaned out a bit staring at the two animals. "They both would eat mice and rats but why do I have a feeling that the Fox is different?" Pinch thought holding onto a needle as a sword.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tack bears his teeth at them from across the room, unable to reach them due to the other creatures, and also unwilling to engage both of them at once. Bracing himself as the ship shudders from yet another cannon blast, he crouches down to wait and watch for his opportunity.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"You speak this native jabber? OK, you can be his translator, and see about teaching him enough to stay out of the trouble... that'll keep you out of trouble... he doesn't have a purse for you to snatch! And again that booming laugh. "What's his name, and will he behave himself?"

Bowsprit backs back into the panelling on the starboard side, pulling Pinch with her. "Where are you headed? I'm on the Captain's business and that bilge rat's got it into his head to get in my way... he doesn't seem to know the sterncastle all that well or he wouldn't be hanging around here, so if he's of a mind to follow me, maybe we can give him a tour of officer's quarters?"
Hotep the psychic

"tlacotle equi matico tocaitl. ahmo mellac metochcopa ne" blacks said to the ocelot
(translation- leader wants to know your name, and doesn't want trouble from us both)

------

pinch looked to bowsprit "I was following him, but now im caught up with you. I like it more when its cats after me." pinch said reaching into his bag and pulling out bread that filled his bag. "distraction anyone?" he suggested
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I don't think he's interested in snacks, unless I'm on the menu. Let's just head for the top nest, see if he's so bold with a dozen topsiders.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: wasn't sure if he was in the same area as the other rats or not.

ic:

With the captain distracted, Gulley siezes his opportunity. He makes his way around the rafters and disapears in a hole in the paneling. Not sure of his way, but knowing enough there must be a way out, he follows a breeze his nose has caught. Soon enough, a crack in the wall let in a sprinkling of light! Gulley pokes his head out...and is greeted with sea spray! Sputtering a bit but otherwise pleased with his efforts, he sits for a bit to munch on some bread before deciding what to do next.
The Moon Howler

Hotep the psychic wrote:"tlacotle equi matico tocaitl. ahmo mellac metochcopa ne" blacks said to the ocelot
(translation- leader wants to know your name, and doesn't want trouble from us both)
The strange dog was asking him for his name... but he couldn't remember... his memory before he was taken on the big boat was pretty much the sun, the water, the wind and the raft.
"Notocatzin...*" the ocelot said to blacks, letting his confusion visible in his expression "Ne ahmo ilnamic..."**
Then an idea came to his mind, he turned to the captain and said
"Tlacotle..." *' he paused for a second "Capatin... tinechmaca, Capatin!"**'

----------------
* - translated as "My name..."
** - roughly translated as "I don't remember..."
*' - translated as "Leader"
**' - By "Capatin", the ocelot is trying to say "Captain". The translation goes like this "Captain, you give it to me! Captain" where he refers to the captain to give him the name.

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

"he says he doesn't remember and that he wants you to name him." blacks said to the captain soon after.
"I wonder what happened that he doesn't remember?....just how long was he on that raft anyways?" blacks thought o himself
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Tell him his name's Patrick Thomas, he'll need two good saints on his side to deal with the rats on this boat."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I... I... I have my reasons." Cedric fumbles, trying to deflect the question.
Jin chuckled.
"I'm sure yah do. Lucky for you, I quite like seagulls. I find they always have somethin... int-res-tin tah say."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, we are, as a whole, quite fascinating." agreed Cedric, slowly backing off, feeling alternately confused and frightened by the cat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin clapped his paws together. "Look, all I'm sayin is that I think we can maybe... Work somethin out. You an me. A deal.".

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

"tocaitl patrick thomas" blacks said to the ocelot accepting it as a fitting name.
(translation- your name, patrick thomas.)
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Mon May 20, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What exactly did you have in mind?" asked Cedric, trying to buy himself some time.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

The Moon Howler

Hotep the psychic wrote:"tocaitl patrick thomas" blacks said to the ocelot accepting it as a fitting name.
(translation- your name, patrick thomas.)
"Notocatzin..."* Patrick said "Notocatzin Pa-teek To-mas."** the ocelot looked at the captain "Capatin!" the feline fell on his knees and bowed once "Capatin, tinotlatocauh! Nimitznotlatolchialia!"*'

---

* - translated as "My name."
** - translated as "My name is Pa-teek To-mas" he has a hard time pronouncing the name.
*' - in this case this will mean "Captain, you are my master! I await you command!"

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

Blacks almost faceplamed himself but didnt do so."he says hes ready for your orders. And in with nothing much to do so am i, unless you want to go after the rats on this ship."Argo blacks said with a pause between what he was translating and what he himself was saying.

___
Pinch flinched at what the fox said and then looked at boowsprit"um i guess this means he might come after us too huh? Unless the captain says something else." pinch said taking a bite out of the bread he still was holding.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit shrugs, "It's a cat, ain't it? Get ready to move"

She moves down the passageway a couple of meters, to another hole, where she can see the fascia on the other side. She sticks her nose out, and makes a rude face at Tack, then turns around and wiggles her tail at him...

"MOVE!"

And she takes off down the beam.

Captain Palgrave thinks for a minute. "Start teaching Patrick English... no, make that Spanish. Ain't my favorite, but it'd be more useful here. That's your job, now, until he can come here and ask for orders himself."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The smaller rat's impudence throws Tackle into a rage. Throwing caution to the wind he takes a chance and scampers across the rafter. But he only gets halfway before an wave hitting the boat and coinciding with an especially loud cannon shot (they must have used too much powder, he thinks) causes the boat to lurch, throwing him of balance and causing him to slip off the rafter and land on top of the fox with a surprised squeak.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters