17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Hlaoroo »

"The other rats have bolt holes all over the place. I'm sure you can find somewhere."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

To Pinch, she whispers, "Bowsprit, I'm Captain Bandy's right hand, I am..."

And to the otter, "Oh, ye won't need any weapons, just a pouch to fill with reals and dubloons, maybe even triploons, there's gotta be all kindsa gold lying around for the taking! But we gotta work fast, and be back by morning lest the ship set sail without us."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Then water we waiting for. Lets go!" He said with a smile.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"OK! I'll see you below the port sterncastle railing at sunset!"

Because of course an otter can scramble around the decorative carvings as well as a rat!
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Blacks stopped after a few more tosses then looked carefully at tack still smiling he then touches his chest feeling the heartbeat slow then sees tacks chest slowly move from breathing. "nice try but youd have to really slow your heartbeat to confuse me. and i used to be a wild animal didnt know my mum too much" blacks said holding tack in his paw high from the floor.

----
"oooh a wreck....but the otter shouldnt be the only one, we should try to get the fox and the ocelot too that way if there be chests they can haul those up, ill try to get to the fox to help ive seen what hes got he holds onto gems and gold!" pinch said moving to a hole leading to patricks room he then moves through the wall and sees tack in the foxes paw, he scrambles across closer on the overhead railing.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin was whistling to himself as he walked through an interior hallway of the ship. It hasn't been a productive day today, but that's just like any other day. Further down the way he spotted the fox and the ocelot. The fox seemed to be talking to his hand.
"Ay. What's goin on here?". He asked as he approached, sounding authoratative. He made a dramatic change in posture, standing upright, back straight, like a drummer in a band.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Huh, all righty then good sir," Gulley said to the gull, "Thank you very much my good sir! Laters!" And with that, Gulley scampered back down to the hole in the wall and slipped in. He wasn't about to go scampering around the ship this time of day! Still though, he needed some place. Maybe the galley? Or even better, the captain's quarters?
Hotep the psychic

Acting on reaction blacka turned quickley pulling out his pistol an pointed it at jin ready to fire he then relaxed noticing the cat."oh its just a cat. Phew got me a good scare mate" blacks said puting the pistol away
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin grinned, losing the soldier act, changing with the attitude the fox held.
"No kiddin." The cat crossed his arms across his chest.
"So what's brings ya down here? Thought yeh were loadin cannons up on tha deck?"

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Again seizing the opportunity while the fox is distracted, Tack stuggles to wriggle free of the restricting paw.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"we are waiting now. We finished our job pretty quickley." blacks said tossing the rat up and down again.
____

Pinch was above tack and lowered a small thread signalling him to grab on.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tack grabs at the rope. Missed! He tries again and just brushes it. On the third bounce he manages to grab hold of it and starts to climb.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki was walking around the deck getting ready to jump into the water for another swim before his treasure hunt. "Ugh why'd that rat have to go and get more people. Would be faster if it were only the three of us. Not to mention, that the payload will be lessened if more come..." Tiki jump into the water and begins dive deep down "I need to collect my thoughts right now. I'll continue to dive and swim until I can figure this out." He continues to swim in circles once he reach the maximum depth that he is able to swim. "What I really need is a new "suit" one that will hide my presence in most situations...and is waterproof. I just hope the payload will be enough for a custom weapon to go along with it." after a while he eventually was starting to lose his ability to hold his breath and decided to head back up to the surface, to float.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin nodded.
"I see.". He watched the fox toss the rat up and down until it grabbed a hold of something. Instincts kicked in and he jumped, reaching up to grab at the rat.
"Tha cap'n is sendin ya rat huntin now?". He asked, curiously as he went after the rat. This was unusual, seeing as all the rat hunters were were cats and well. The fox isn't a cat.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tack jerks his tail upwards as the cats paw closes a hair's breadth below it. Putting on an extra burst of speed he shinnies up the last of the thread and onto the rafter. Recognising the rat holding the other end of the rope as the one who had been with Bowsprit earlier, he again readies himself for a fight. First though, he asks simply:
"Why?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Pinch looked at tack."rats need to stick together. Decides even though that fox wasnt gonna eat you i you looked like you were not enjoying yourself" pinch said looking at the cat and the fox

-------
Blacks looked at the rat and disregarded it."no i just found the rat land on me head. I dont eat them anyway, usually toss them overboard. blacks said seeing pinch now in the rafter
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tack nods. "Thanks." He turns and scurries along the rafter and down a hole heading to the bilge.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin nodded.
"If yeh want somethin tah eat, ya could prob-leh find some grub in tha mess hall." He said, pointing with a thumb back the way he came.
"And if ya find any more rats, be sure tah tell me about it." He said, continuing his patrol down the hallway.
"And welcome ah-board!" He called back with a single wave. He would have liked to stop and chat but right now he had to look like he was doing work.

Rhyme sighed, leaning against the banister at the starboard side of the ship, looking out into the ocean. Being a dog on the ship didn't lend itself to busy times. Catching rats were for the cats, the crew's got an otter for swimming, but dogs? They didn't really get much action unless they were chasing/boarding another ship (guess that's why there aren't that many on the ship). The most she does in a day is play her songs with the other musicians in the evening and do odds jobs that usually began with someone saying "Can ya lend me a hand?". At least she had her music, a few cat friends, and she was on pretty good terms with the rats on the boat, though she doesn't talk to either much.
The dog sighed again, looking up at the sky, watching the clouds float by.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Christopher had been wandering the ship since Patrick and Blacks had gone to talk with the captain... okay, maybe he eavesdropped on their conversation and learned the ocelots name, but after that he had nothing to do again. while the ship wasn't sailing, there wasn't a lot of climbing intensive work for a monkey like himself. eventually, he made his way back up to the deck.

He noticed Rhyme over on the starboard rail. He decided to walk over and talk, at least to distract from his boredom. "Ahoy," he said as he approached the dog. "The work load be light today, eh?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Rhyme turned her head to see who was speaking to her and upon seeing Christopher she gave a small nod and a friendly smile before returning to gazing out into the sea.
"The workload es always, light. For a dog." She spoke. Her voice held a french accent and her words sounded soft and light, as if a thin cloth was dampening the sound coming out of her mouth.
"What about you?"
Last edited by Roarin on Thu May 23, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I be doin' nothin' fer most days. I be only useful fer climbin' and that be unneeded while we be sittin' still," Christopher said. "and me lack o' strength limits me usefulness when we set sail."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"The day would have been more exciting ef we had not lost that ship.". She commented.
"But sometimes, nothing to do is good, no? More time to... relax.". Her words held no conviction to them. Though she herself didn't mind quiet days when she had nothing to do. Sometimes (like today), she wished for a break from the repetitive routine of nothingness.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Relaxin' be not in me nature," Christopher said. "I be needin' activity ta keep me entertained."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Argent

Post by Argent »

That evening Bowsprit waits nervously under the overhanging edge of the sterncastle for the otter, listening to her fellow rats tell her horror stories about the otter's land-dwelling cousins, the weasels. She's almost glad that she only has cats to deal with!

It's night, time for nocturnal animals like foxes and cats... and one otter... to come into their own. Time for plots and treachery among the humans and dogs at odds with their nature. Time for the evening entertainment, and the cards and dice come out in the underdecks as the sailors play Faro and Hazard for copper coins and wooden tokens, and Captain Palgrave takes advantage of the relative stillness of the ship at anchor to catch up on his reading. He pulls down a book from his shelf and meditatively checks the edges for rat damage...
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki arrive to the location agreed on by the the 3 of them "Bowsprit you there?" he wispered
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I'm here! Can I ask a silly question? Otters don't really eat rats, do they?"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I've heard of some otters doing so, but I prefer clams, fish and veggies more. Rats are too fuzzy for my taste." Tiki felt sick at the thought of eating a rat. "Anyways when we leaving?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Told you, he's not a weasel! Now let's go!"

And the rats lever apiece of ornamental carving off the stern, revealing it as a charming little rowboat just big enough for four tiny animals (and quite a lot of gold)... lowered to the water it floats smartly on the swells, and Bowsprit and three burly rodents climb aboard. She throws a painter over the gunwale, for the otter to pull them with, and points dramatically, "Yonder! Half a league!"
Hotep the psychic

Blacks was walking around the dexk now with pinch on his shoulder and soon saw the boat in the water. "oy there you are. Ill be joining as well" blacks said sliding down a rope and into the water as pinch got in the boat with bowsprit. Blacks soon swam alongside the otter.
"told you id get him, now we have more loot to be had" pinch said
ImageImageImage
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley still hasn't found a place for himself. But he'd heard of a dog that liked to play the violin, or some other stringed instrument. He slowly made his way across the boat beneath the rails on broad side.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"How fast can you swim?" Tiki begins to increase his speed. "We have to be back my sunrise."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

High in the rigging, Cedric's soft snores are muffled by the wing under which his head is tucked.

~#~#~

Unseen by the rats, the otter and the fox, Tack watches from atop the stern lamp which some lax sailor has allowed to go out. Only the glint of the moonlight on his bright, black eyes reveals his presence as he gazes out at the small group making their way through the gentle swell.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"im faster underwater but id say pretty fast, I brought about four leather bags if we find anything, ill also grab many clams while were down there" blacks said also increasing speed
ImageImageImage
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Hahahaha...I'm beginning to like you; Not very many land mammals can keep up with an otter." Tiki looks ahead, and then back at the fox. "If I didn't have to worry about the passengers behind me... oh they can take care of themselves. Come on fox, Lets see how fast you can go. Hey back there you better hold on!" Tiki dives underwater without pulling his passengers under with him, and kicks himself into overdrive and darts across the water.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"The moonlight shines down on the six as they drift slowly slowly away into the darkness. Soon an inky blackness will swallow them as they move further away from the light. Will they return? Nobody know. But what is for certain. Is there are interesting times ahead.". Jin whispers all this as he stands directly behind the small rat on the stern light and as he finishes Jin picks the rat up by the tail, hanging him upside-down in the air.
"Thas mah monolouge voice.". Jin explains, grinning. "I've been practicin.". The seagull had been right. He'd have to make sure to give him an extra fish the next time they met.

2,3,4. The music began, lively and quick. It was nothing like the complicated forest of a classical tune, but one that included repetitive and metaphorically excited notes, encouraging those that were brave enough (or simply drank too much to care) to rise to their feet and dance in the light of a fire. This was what made her day, everyday. When the sun set and the sky turned black, the party began! And so did the music!
Rhyme kept up with easily, sliding her bow quickly along the strings of the violin. Playing along with the others musicians.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not again! I can't believe this! Twice in one day! I'm dreaming! This is a nightmare! thinks Tackle as he find himself again dangling by his tail. He pinches himself hoping to wake up. Finding it ineffective, he fold his paws and then replies to the cat as he slowly spins around to face him.
"That was terrible. I've heared more expression from a ship's biscuit!"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Blacks smiled foing underwater and started to swim faster like the otter here and there his forepaws stroked in front to his sides. Soon he pulled ahead of the otter with glowing blue eyes from salt
ImageImageImage
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Even better a land mammal with no webs on their feet is starting to pull ahead of me. To bad we can't have a serious race since I'm pulling a boat behind me." Tiki checked behind him to see if the rats were still back there.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin chuckles good-naturally, placing the rat gently into his open palm (of his other hand) as he walked along the deck.
"Guess thas why I'm a rat catcher n'stead of ah storyteller.". He shrugged then looked down at the rat sternly.
"Yeh know ah keep tellin ya guys. 'Dont stay out in tha open.' Yeh know us cats can see in tha dark as well as they can tha day. An what was that about tha fox?". He sounded like he was scolding the rat, orange eyes glaring at the rat.
"Remember, alwehs keep tah that sides of tha halls when that's noothin tah hide behind. Never tha middle..". He sighs, relaxing his expression.
"Ah tell yah guys this over n over an yeh still keep dyin on meh."

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit: "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Jerome and Lawrence: "SLOW DOWN YOU CRAZY WEASEL!"

Bowsprit: "Loosen up and live a little, meus companheiros! We're making splendid progress!"
Last edited by Argent on Thu May 23, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.