Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Forum Rules - Updated 11/5/2013 
Devil Skirrl

Post Forum Rules - Updated 11/5/2013
Welcome to the Housepets! forums!

• Housepets! is a family-friendly comic. Please do not post material that would be inappropriate for children. As an example, pregnancy is fine, but I flunked middle school is not. Likewise, graphic violence, politics, religion, drug use, illegal activity, profanity, and other potentially controversial topics are not allowed.
  • Treat one another with respect and civility. You should not abuse, belittle, or otherwise demean another member.
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. If you feel the need to post in a language other than English, please provide an English translation of your comments; others should not need to visit an external Web site to understand what you're saying. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.
  • Respect staff members' decisions. If you have questions about why an action was taken, you may ask a moderator privately. It is inappropriate to make a public fuss, thus derailing conversation.
  • If you encounter a post you feel violates these guidelines, please report it. If you have questions about whether something is acceptable for the forums, you may ask a moderator.
  • You may not use the private message system to evade the forum rules.
  • Your posts may be edited or deleted if they do not comply with these discussion guidelines. Your account may be warned or banned for serious or habitual offenses. Being here is a privilege, not a right. Your account may be suspended over matters of instigation (arranging DDoS, troll baiting) against this site and any attempt to use the board as recruitment for any illegal or other activity against the rules of this forum, including creating and advertising for boards, chat rooms, and Web sites solely for the purpose of defaming or subverting the rules of this forum, even if the activity was private or did not occur on the forum itself.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl

Post Re: NEW Forum Rules

If you see a post that violates one of the forum rules, please submit a report rather than talking about the fact that the post is bad.

To do that, find and click on the Image Report button located in the lower-right corner of the first rule-breaking post. Please do not report more than one post in a single thread; anyone with moderator permissions in the appropriate forum will receive a link to the reported post in their moderator control panel and read through the entire thread from that post onward.

Once you have elected to file a report, you will be directed to a report form.

Select the most appropriate option from the drop-down box and (if necessary) enter a brief description of why you're reporting the post in the text box. If you select the radio button to be notified when your report is dealt with, you'll receive an automatically-generated e-mail which basically says "Your report is being handled by a moderator or administrator and has been closed. For more information, contact [whichever mod closed the report]."

By following this procedure, you'll help us deal with any issues that may arise while simultaneously not mini-modding. Thanks, guys!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

So what's really new about these rules? They seem pretty similar to me.

JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm
laughing maniacally

yes, but they're much less daunting to read. He condensed to old rules into this shorter one so as not to scare of potential forumites

I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:10 pm
Profile YIM
Devil Skirrl

Indeed. The gist is the same, nothing's changed in a major way, the old rules were just kinda presented less concisely. As Res will attest, concision is key to improving understanding and enjoyment. In fact...

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

The only major change is it is now perfectly legal to call Dissension a stupid nut-breath.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

Sleet wrote:
The only major change is it is now perfectly legal to call Dissension a stupid nut-breath.

It was good to know you, Sleet...

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler

Sleet wrote:

I'm glad somebody finally said something. Every time I talk to him, I get a craving for cashews. :roll:

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm

I would never point out the nut-like breath of anyone who's name rhymes with diss-and-shun.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Just noticed this topic changed recently.

As long as pregnancy fanart isn't creepy, i'm fine with it. It's meant to me to be heartwarming, and these days I would love to see some heartwarming variants.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:31 pm
Game Master

GameCobra wrote:

As long as pregnancy fanart isn't creepy, i'm fine with it. It's meant to me to be heartwarming, and these days I would love to see some heartwarming variants.

this.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Said fanart is on very thin ice given people's bad habit to fetishize stuff, but if it's clean and proper, then it's fine.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

I remember the days of Jim-Jim and his habit of not reading the rules beforehand. Hopefully after all this time he went out of his way to read them. :D

Also bump for no reason.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

JakJak wrote:
I remember the days of Jim-Jim and his habit of not reading the rules beforehand. Hopefully after all this time he went out of his way to read them. :D

Also bump for no reason.
No one likes him.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:20 pm
Profile WWW

How's he been? He used to be a real jerk.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Well isn't that rather mean, Sleet.

Daggy wrote:
Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

But Sleet is telling the truth. If Stripe said that nobody likes him, then nobody likes him.

... he's also a dork.

I'm a bookworm!
Currently reading: "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

You beat me to the punch.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

Whoa-ho-ho hey what. Jim-Jim? me?

This is uncalled for, when did i ever troll? Hmm?
I just stuck to myself. all i did. i mean sure i asked a few too many questions sometimes but it's just because I got to stubbornly curious.
and occasionally someone would yell at me then i would refresh the page and everything would just... disappear. and get a private message.

WELL FINE, I'M GOING. AND I'M NEVER COMING BACK.

jokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjokingjoking

what what? Jolly good time.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:30 pm
Devil Skirrl

Post Re: Forum Rules - Updated Friday, May 17th
Hey, guys, this is just a tiny, tiny revision, pertaining only to the third bullet point. The change is indicated below, in addition to being updated in this thread's first post.

In the last version, I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts or use "chat speak." You also should not double post or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.

For the Update, I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.

Fri May 17, 2013 5:16 am
Profile WWW

For the Update, I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.

Aww, you ruin all the fun! :(

Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 am

if they didn't then they wouldn't be mods! :lol:

Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 am
Bringing Foxy Back

Our job is to make sure the forum is as unfun as possible, you see.

Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

and it is our job as the members to make your job as hard as possible by finding loop holes in your silly silly rules

REBEL!!!! :twisted: jkjkjkjkjkjk :lol:

Fri May 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Okay :) I understand.
Sorry for the mess.

I'm a bookworm!
Currently reading: "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway

Fri May 17, 2013 7:53 pm
Devil Skirrl

lasthunter wrote:
and it is our job as the members to make your job as hard as possible by finding loop holes in your silly silly rules

There aren't really a ton of loopholes. The current rules are a more condensed form of an older version I authored.
Gren wrote:
For the Update, I wrote:

Aww, you ruin all the fun! :(

We now allow far more of those than we used to - you'll note that, in the old version, all single-image and one-word responses that were not part of a forum game were excluded.

Fri May 17, 2013 11:21 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:

I calld him something worse. No, not only worse. I called him the worst!
The worst thing someone could anyone else, ever.
I....

I called him a m-moderator....
I'm sorry.

GameCobra wrote:

- It's a boy!
- It's a girl!
- No, it's Superman!

lasthunter wrote:

I KNEW they were conspiring against me!

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!

Mon May 20, 2013 6:25 am

no i just like keeping you mod's on your toes :D

Mon May 20, 2013 7:21 am
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

We don't need any help for that.

Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Dissension wrote:
For the Update, I wrote:

Funny, I just came back to this thread to ask the exact question that was answered here

I have just performed a stunt that involves first doing an aerial three hundred and sixty degree turn before shooting my rifle without looking down the provided high-magnification optic and then hitting the intended inanimate target.

Life is good.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:42 am
Profile WWW

Dissension wrote:
We also ask you do not use "chat speak"

Does this include the use of lol, rofl, brb, atm, etc. Or is this rule referring to the overuse of this in silly statements or practices such as replacing letters for numbers within words, e.g. N00b!!1!. Although I'm guessing this is even allowed (within reason) in a certain familiar forum game? :)

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

Yes those are discouraged. Just spell out your words, por favor.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:34 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

well, lol and rofl can be effectively replaced by emoticons, and brb really doesn't have a use in a forum where immediate replies aren't expected.

atm, it is preferred you spell out the phrase

I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:29 pm
Profile YIM

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
atm, it is preferred you spell out the phrase

ATMs can't talk, let alone conect to the internet.
Why do you demand this things from them?

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:18 pm

The rules are fair enough. This forum did have the reputation of having the sharpest and most well-written members. At least it did before I joined :D

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

Did it now? I'm flattered!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 am
Profile WWW

Sorry, I thought you already knew :oops:

I originally found Housepets! through recommendations from other web comics and discussions. These recommendations included favourable comments about the HP community and one of many reasons why I joined the forum.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 am
Profile WWW

Just dropping by to make sure everything is all square. Thank you for keeping the forums fun to poke around!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Just dropped by to read the new rules. They are pretty good to my point of view. Now I know for sure what I can and cannot do. :D

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:06 pm
Devil Skirrl

Post Re: Forum Rules - Updated 11/5/2013
The following rule was updated; additions are indicated with bold, italicized text.

I wrote:
  • Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. If you feel the need to post in a language other than English, please provide an English translation of your comments; others should not need to visit an external Web site to understand what you're saying. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next