• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 1969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 50  Next
HPU: Exotic Acres 

Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"The name's Houston. Thank you Jake. My Mom is gonna freak when she sees me. What a rough first day this turned out to be."

Houston looks down a bit saddened with all the bad luck getting to him.

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:23 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Jake doesn't really know how to respond to that so instead he turns to Met, all business.
"Heh, thanks, but I don't think I'm that good... Met, Houston here has pranged somethin' and broken and maybe dislocated his wing. D'you know where the nearest vet is? I hate to rely on the humans but in this case I think they're his best chance of being able to fly again."
Joey, on the other hand, seizes onto the last part of the bird's statement.
"You're new here too? Cool. Us and Namine are too but Met's been here a while. Where did you come from?"

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:09 am
Profile WWW

"I fell from the sky literally."

Houston laughs a little at his own joke.

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:13 am
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"You're new here too? Cool. Us and Namine are too but Met's been here a while. Where did you come from?"

"huh? I've only been here a few days," Met said. "The neighborhood just opened this week, and everyone's been unpacking."

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:28 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Oh, sorry. Either way, you've been here longer than us. I didn't realise the place was so new..."
"Guys, we need to get Houston to a vet. The longer we leave his wing like that the harder it will be to reset and the less likely he is to fly again. D'you know where the nearest vet is, Met? Or do you know some way to find out?"

My RP Characters

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:53 am
Profile WWW

Houston starts tearing up after hearing the seriousness of the damage.

"I can't live the rest of my life here flightless. I just got here! WHY DOES THIS FIRST DAY HAVE TO BE SO DREADED?! WHY!?"

Houston starts to panic.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:56 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Settle down! You'll make your wing worse, jigglin' it around like that! The vet will fix you up good as new though. Speaking of which, where is it, Met?" Jake asks again. He pulls a bandage from his first-aid kit and a branch off a nearby tree and binds Houston's wing so that it's held steady and out from his body in such a way that he can't aggravate the break further.
"That'll hold it until the vet can look at it."

My RP Characters

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:46 am
Profile WWW

Houston starts to over think things as he starts to tremble at the thought of never being able to fly or free fall again.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:01 am
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Settle down! You'll make your wing worse, jigglin' it around like that! The vet will fix you up good as new though. Speaking of which, where is it, Met?"

"Hold on, My dad told me so I'd know where to go in an emergency," Met said thinking. "It's this way," he said as he started moving towards the vet.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:35 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Can you keep up on foot, Houston, or shall I carry you?" enquires Jake as Joey begins to follow Met.
"Harry never told us anything..." he comments.

My RP Characters

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:12 am
Profile WWW

"U-uh I can keep up."

Houston starts to hop.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:43 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seeing the size and speed of Houston's hop, Joey decides to intervene.
"Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work, mate. Can ya carry 'im, Met? He'd probably get the break jostled too much if Jake or I try."

My RP Characters

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:49 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

"I guess, but you'll have to avoid running off again," Met said as he went to pick up the bird. "Me at full speed wouldn't bee much better than your hopping."

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:37 am

Houston stays quiet as he is unsure of what would happen next.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:36 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"No worries. We don't know the way anyway so you'll have to lead." The roos wait for Met to pick up the bird and then follow the lion down the street.

My RP Characters

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:07 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

Met picked up Houston and began to lead the group to the vet.

soon after, they arrived. "Here we are."

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:09 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Exotic Acres Veterinary Clinic. This looks like the place." The two kangaroos stop and look up at the sign.
"So... do we knock or walk in or what?" Jake asks, not being familiar with the proper human customs.

My RP Characters

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:07 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

"Well, everywhere else we just walk in, so I guess it should be the same here," Met said, opening the door and walking in.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:16 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Sue Kingston, the receptionist is just finishing up a sale as the animals walk, hop and are carried in.
"Thank you very much. Let us know how that works out for you." The customer thanks her, takes his products and walks out. The roos unconsciously shy away from him as he passes. Sue then turns to the assembled pets.
"Good afternoon! Welcome to EAVC. How can I help you?" The JJ's, still uncomfortable around humans, leave the talking to Met and Houston.

My RP Characters

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

"Well, Houston here seems to have hurt his wing," Met explained. "we were hoping you could take a look at it."

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Sue taps at the computer. "Certainly. We'd be glad to. Have you been here before, Houston? Does your owner know you're here? It seems we have a free slot right now so I'll take you straight through but there's only so much we can do without your owner's permission."

My RP Characters

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:15 am
Profile WWW

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Sue taps at the computer. "Certainly. We'd be glad to. Have you been here before, Houston? Does your owner know you're here? It seems we have a free slot right now so I'll take you straight through but there's only so much we can do without your owner's permission."

"I.... I don't know where I am. I've never been before. My Mom doesn't know where I am. My radio got smashed when I crashed. And I broke my wing........ And the Joeys mentioned that it might impair my ability to fly permanently............ Today is just a really bad day for me."

Houston starts to breath heavily.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:32 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Joey almost mentions that they are both fully grown roos and not joeys any longer but still finds himself too nervous to talk around the humans.
Sue favours the falcon with a comforting smile. "Don't worry. It'll be OK. We'll help you. Do you know your mom's phone number or what radio frequency you used to contact her?"

My RP Characters

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:43 am
Profile WWW

"I don't know her number since I mostly use the radio and I don't carry a phone. I keep forgetting the radio frequency too. All I know is that my Mom gave me directions to get to the house since I always fly to my destinations."

Houston pulls out a map.

"Around this area is my house. My Mom arranged a marker that could be seen from the sky so that I could find the place."

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:01 am

Marro looked around, keeping up his hurried pace, as a matter of fact speeding up a bit, concerned for his friend "HOOOOUUSTOOON!? Where are you!?" he called out in hopes of finding him

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:43 am
Profile YIM

"Funny, I was with a psychic who could probably help me find Mom."

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:11 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"You know, Houston. I think she'll probably find you. If she knew you were in Exotic Acres and she knows that something went wrong because you've fallen out of contact, the logical place to start looking if you weren't at home would be right here at the veterinary clinic. But we'd better get Geoff to have a look at that wing before we do anything else. Come through." Sue leads the way out the back to where Geoff is just finishing filling in a form.
"Got a walk-in for you, Geoff. Houston, the falcon, has broken his wing."
"Alright. Hi, guys. Come on in. Put Houston on the table here and we'll have a look at him. Charge that out to Ian and Jenny, will you please, Sue?" Geoff hands the form to Sue and then turns to examine his patient.
"I'm Geoff. I'll be your vet for today. Can you tell me what happened?" Geoff begins giving the bird a physical exam while he waits for the falcon's response, checking for any injuries or abnormalities aside from the wing.
The kangaroos follow Sue in, making sure to stay well back and not to box themselves into a corner, still not trusting the humans.

My RP Characters

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:11 am
Profile WWW

"I was flying but I wasn't looking where I was going.... I normally don't make these mistakes but I think I hit a sign or something..."

The bird says as he is anxious about his current situation.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:15 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Ouch! Well, it does seem to be broken but I don't think it's a bad break..." Geoff has by now unwrapped the makeshift bandage that Jake had applied.
"Whoever did that splint knew their stuff. It was on nice and straight and tight, just the way it should be. We'll take some x-rays to make sure we know the extent of the damage. I think your shoulder might be slightly dislocated too but the x-ray will help us determine that." Geoff disappears into a back room for a few moments and reappears wearing a heavy, lead-lined apron and throat piece. He gently picks up the bird, instructing the other pets to wait where they are, and takes the bird into the room.
"Now, I'm just going to get you to lie here nice and still for me while I take some x-rays of your wing. I'll just get you to hold it out like that as far as you can - I know it hurts but do your best. Like that is good. Now hold still." Geoff unhooks a small box attached by a cable to the machine hanging above Houston and exits the room, trapping the cable in the door behind him. Holding the door closed as best he can, he yells at the top of his voice.
"X-RAYS!!!"
The kangaroos jump at the sudden yell and bolt for the door as Geoff presses the button and the machine emits a small beep.

My RP Characters

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:11 am
Profile WWW

Houston holds his breath to not move.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:30 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Behind Geoff, the two kangaroos, having tried to exit the room simultaneously, have gotten stuck in the doorway, and are now squirming and trying to free themselves before the imagined threat posed by the human reaches them. His attention occupied by the x-rays, Geoff re-enters the other room and collects the plate which has captured the radiograph and plugs it into a machine which looks like a large printer and which is connected to a computer. The machine makes a thunk as it takes the plate and begins digitally scanning the x-ray and uploading it to the computer. While it works, Geoff collects Houston and sets him on the examination table in the main room. After a few moments, the machine ejects the now clean plate with a clunk and BINGs as the x-ray appears on the screen.

My RP Characters

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:57 am
Profile WWW

Houston anxiously awaits the results.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:16 am
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Behind Geoff, the two kangaroos, having tried to exit the room simultaneously, have gotten stuck in the doorway, and are now squirming and trying to free themselves before the imagined threat posed by the human reaches them.

Met watched as the two roos tried to get out and chuckled a bit when they got stuck. "Need some help there?" he asked as he walked over to them to see how he could get them out.
(OOC: I'm not sure which side of the door Met is on, whether he can just push them back or if he needs to pull them.)

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:00 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Geoff zooms in on various parts of the x-ray, examining it carefully. After tweaking the contrast slightly he comes to a diagnosis.
"Well, Houston. I'm afraid you won't be flying for a while. Your wing is broken in the radius and ulna here and dislocated in the shoulder there." Geoff points to the relevant parts of the x-ray.
"The good news is that you won't need surgery. The bad news is that you'll have to wear a cast and walk everywhere for the next month or so. I'll give you some sedation and painkillers now and then I'll pop your shoulder back into joint and stick a cast on you. Do you know how much you weigh?"

~~~~
Even more panicked now that they're stuck, the roos don't even hear Met's voice behind them and their struggles only intensify.

My RP Characters

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:01 am
Profile WWW

"...... A WHOLE MONTH!!!????"

Houston faints at the shock.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:04 am

Marro's head throbbed, hearing words echo through his head, picking up speed and howling to call for Houston, fearing the worst " Houston? Houuustooon!? Houston where are you!?" he looked around anxiously as he began to worry more

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:19 am
Profile YIM
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Even more panicked now that they're stuck, the roos don't even hear Met's voice behind them and their struggles only intensify.

Met sighed when he noticed they weren't paying attention. Well I don;t want to do this but it might work, he thought before taking a deep breath inward.
He then let out a roar, trying to startle the roos out of the doorway

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:44 pm

"SSQQUUAAKK!!!!??"

Houston is awakened by the roar.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:25 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

The roar unfortunately has the opposite effect to what Met intended. Already in a state of extreme panic, the JJ's suddenly stop struggling and hang limply, still jammed in the doorway. Geoff nearly knocks the table over in fright and Sue comes running to see what happened, only to find herself face to face with the unconscious roos. Turning to face Met, Geoff finally notices the roos in the doorway and instantly realises what must have happened.
"Shoot! They're from the wild, aren't they? My yell and your roar must have spooked them and them getting stuck has pushed them over the edge into capture myopathy and hyperkalaemia." As he speaks, Geoff runs over, leaving Houston on the table, and pulls the kangaroos out of the doorway, laying them out on the floor and allowing Sue access to the room. Geoff hurries to draw up a syringe of calcium chloride and a syringe of insulin and glucose for each of them according to his guesstimate of their weight. Sticking a needle into each of their veins, he explains what he's doing for Met's benefit.
"You have to be careful with roos since they're prone to this. What's happened is that their muscles have released massive amounts of potassium into their bloodstream when they were panicking and that's thrown off their heart rhythms. I've given them calcium to counteract the effects of the potassium and insulin and glucose to make the body take up the excess potassium into the cells again. All we can do now is wait and hope..." Listening to their chests with his stethoscope, Geoff is relieved to hear their hearts stabilising and he informs Met that they'll be OK but it may be a while before they wake up. Leaving Sue to monitor them he returns to his other patient.
"As for you, Houston, the first thing we have to do is to put your shoulder back in joint. I'll give you a sedative, a muscle relaxant, and a painkiller as I said before and then we'll fix you up." Loading up another syringe, he takes hold of the bird.
"You'll feel a slight sting and then the pain should ease. You'll probably also feel sleepy and like it's hard to move but don't worry - that's normal and it's what I want to happen, so don't panic and just relax, OK?" With that, Geoff plunges the needle into the muscle of Houston's breast and then waits for the drugs to take effect.

My RP Characters

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:16 am
Profile WWW

Houston trembles as his day just got worse.

".....I want my Mommy......"

He starts to tear up.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 1969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 50  Next