Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
musclecar326 wrote:
That is a nice little story, Echo. I'm glad you were happy to share it with us. Speedy said to Echo, smiling afterwards.

"yeah, that was interesting," Maria said happily, holding some jewelry in her hands... "Speedy help, I don't know where I got these from," she said with worry in her voice.


" Thank you. My dad would've eventually told you anyway...his version is a bit longer. Echo smiled, then cocked her head in confusion when Maria revealed her problem. " How did you bypass the glass case?....How did you get those without noticing?"

Echo was almost tempted to label the monkey as a kleptomaniac, but she didn't seem to exhibit any of the other comorbid symptoms usually attached to kleptomania. Another option for the apparent reluctance could be force of habit- reasoning lead the liger to suspect the latter, since there was still much Echo herself didn't know about Maria or her friend- while capuchin monkeys were known for helping humans with disabilities, they were also known to be show monkeys. Besides the fact that kleptomania was a largely human disorder- or that animal disorders weren't studied as closely.

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 am
Posts: 1169
Location: Slipping the surly bonds of Earth and touching the Face of God
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Ryan sat and watched the others bowl, analyzing and trying to see how they rolled the ball down the lane especially since he saw they all did around the same move so that was how the game was played but seeing as he had never done this he just watched very intently waiting for his turn and when Met had gone he called Ryan up and he got up telling himself quietly
"First time for everything..."
He walked up as the board changed to his name and he looked down the lane more curious than anything like what machine pulled the pins back and replaced them and the ball return but after a moment he tried to focus on doing this and not looking like a fool, but remembering what the others did he took hold of the ball with 3 digits, took a few steps back then started forward bringing the ball back an then when he approached the lane he swung the ball forward and let it go though what he thought was a good roll was anything but. When he let it go it immediately curved left, bounced off of the divider into the next lane and then at the angle it was at it rolled into the other lanes pins miraculously getting a strike.....for the other party. Ryan wasn't sure if that was good or bad but he looked at the group behind him with a confused but slightly ecstatic façade.

_________________
Nothing to see here.......Nothing at all.

Doc:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=413&p=345062#p345062

Duke:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1752&start=320


Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 683
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Snowy had a confused and weird look on his face after Ryan threw the ball. Well I can honestly say that I have never seen anything thing like that happen before. I guess good job? But try and do that in the lane directly in front of you. He said kindly, to Ryan.

Hlaoroo wrote:
Joey's jaw drops as Snowy bowls. "How do you do that? That spin thing, I mean. That's even better than Jake!"


I don't really know, I learned it from my dad, and I just know how to do it, but it would be very hard to explain. Snowy replied to Joey. Oh, and I forgot to warn you two, but I am the only one out of my group that has went bowling before, if you haven't noticed. So my friends will need some help and tips to do things right, If you don't mind helping me with that it would be great. Snowy told the twins.
-----------
CrystallineWolf wrote:
" Thank you. My dad would've eventually told you anyway...his version is a bit longer. Echo smiled, then cocked her head in confusion when Maria revealed her problem. " How did you bypass the glass case?....How did you get those without noticing?"

Echo was almost tempted to label the monkey as a kleptomaniac, but she didn't seem to exhibit any of the other comorbid symptoms usually attached to kleptomania. Another option for the apparent reluctance could be force of habit- reasoning lead the liger to suspect the latter, since there was still much Echo herself didn't know about Maria or her friend- while capuchin monkeys were known for helping humans with disabilities, they were also known to be show monkeys. Besides the fact that kleptomania was a largely human disorder- or that animal disorders weren't studied as closely.


Its okay Maria, I think you grabbed them from here, this basket of costume jewelry. As in cheap plastic stuff. Speedy told Maria after having seen the stuff in her small hands. Also I think I will have to watch you closer since, I never saw you grab those and they are right next to my legs. She said suspiciously.

_________________
Image
Image
Yes, I am a furry.


Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:18 am
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:
Oh, and I forgot to warn you two, but I am the only one out of my group that has went bowling before, if you haven't noticed. So my friends will need some help and tips to do things right, If you don't mind helping me with that it would be great. Snowy told the twins.

Jake looks up from helping Met. "No worries. I'm not sure how much use Joey will be but I can show 'em a thing or two." Turning to Ryan he continues. "I'd suggest you do the same as Met here - that is, forget the runup for now and just practise the swing. You need to keep your paw and arm nice and straight. Once you get used to it you can try putting twists and spins in it but I think this is the best way to begin. So if you-" He reaches for Ryan's paw to demonstrate but stops himself. "Er, may I?" he enquires, indicating Ryan's paw.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16872
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:
Its okay Maria, I think you grabbed them from here, this basket of costume jewelry. As in cheap plastic stuff. Speedy told Maria after having seen the stuff in her small hands. Also I think I will have to watch you closer since, I never saw you grab those and they are right next to my legs. She said suspiciously.

"oh, great. now I'm taking things that just look like shiny things," Maria said sadly as she put the jewelry back.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:02 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 am
Posts: 1169
Location: Slipping the surly bonds of Earth and touching the Face of God
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Ryan smiled as he got a positive reaction even if he completely missed but as one of the marsupials offered to help he reluctantly but did oblige letting him show him the ropes

_________________
Nothing to see here.......Nothing at all.

Doc:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=413&p=345062#p345062

Duke:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1752&start=320


Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:26 am
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Taking a gentle hold of Ryan's arm, Jake shows him the correct way to hold and swing his arm as well as the correct positioning for his hindpaws. "Also, if you're finding it difficult to control the swing with that ball, you may find it easier with a lighter ball. That's what I do." he finishes, showing the other animal his own ball.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
musclecar326 wrote:
Its okay Maria, I think you grabbed them from here, this basket of costume jewelry. As in cheap plastic stuff. Speedy told Maria after having seen the stuff in her small hands. Also I think I will have to watch you closer since, I never saw you grab those and they are right next to my legs. She said suspiciously.

"oh, great. now I'm taking things that just look like shiny things," Maria said sadly as she put the jewelry back.


Echo felt a bit awkward. She wanted to say something to cheer Maria up, but she didn't have a clue of how to say anything without offending her. So she decided to pull a move of misdirection- taking the spotlight off Maria, and hopefully moving off and away from jewelry- " Are there any toys in this store?" That was what she originally came for.

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2883
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"Pleased to meet you, Mister Marro Woods!"

The streamlined head slips beneath the water again, surfacing some distance upstream where the current can carry him back to the wolves.

"It would be delightful if we could ride this river back to town, but I suppose we are not so fortunate."

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 683
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
CrystallineWolf wrote:
Echo felt a bit awkward. She wanted to say something to cheer Maria up, but she didn't have a clue of how to say anything without offending her. So she decided to pull a move of misdirection- taking the spotlight off Maria, and hopefully moving off and away from jewelry- " Are there any toys in this store?" That was what she originally came for.


Speedy replied to Echo about her question, Actually sorry but no, not this store. This has many pet and human accessorizes, jewelery, and makeup for humans plus body paint for those pets that dye their fur. There is a pet store that has plenty of toys down the road though, if that is what you are looking for. She said to the Liger.

_________________
Image
Image
Yes, I am a furry.


Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"Oh." She said, a bit embarrassed. "Thank you. I've been looking for a ball that wouldn't be so easy to pop." Her fluke only showed Echo that this town was radically different from other establishments- the few pet stores she'd been in had both pet accessories, toys, and essentials in the same space. She supposed the new categorization was part of the pet friendly description of Exotic Acres, and was grateful- she wouldn't have any reason to bring her dad here. Then something occurred to her-"Which way down the road, exactly?"

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:41 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16872
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Maria lit up a bit. "We could take you there. I live with a lion, I could probably help you find a ball that's hard to pop," she said.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:18 pm
Profile YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2553
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Argent wrote:
"Pleased to meet you, Mister Marro Woods!"

The streamlined head slips beneath the water again, surfacing some distance upstream where the current can carry him back to the wolves.

"It would be delightful if we could ride this river back to town, but I suppose we are not so fortunate."


Chem nods.
"Would be nice. Not sure where it leads though. Do you know?". The wolf asked, drifting lazily along with the current.
"Err. By the way. Alchemy Solus. Nice to meet you.". He added, waving again.

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."
Ref Ref!


Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:54 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2883
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"Greetings, Mister Solus!"

After swimming and diving a little while, the shaggy beast clambers out of the water, shakes himself off, and sprawls on the grassy verge to dry in the sun.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Last edited by Argent on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 683
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Maria lit up a bit. "We could take you there. I live with a lion, I could probably help you find a ball that's hard to pop," she said.


Yeah, Maria could easily help you out with the ball. Speedy agreed with the monkey. So do you want to go to the shop Echo?

---------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:
Taking a gentle hold of Ryan's arm, Jake shows him the correct way to hold and swing his arm as well as the correct positioning for his hindpaws. "Also, if you're finding it difficult to control the swing with that ball, you may find it easier with a lighter ball. That's what I do." he finishes, showing the other animal his own ball.


Well I think it's Soren's turn now then after him its Cody. Soren try and copy what Jake showed to Ryan, then your first throw will be pretty good. Snowy said to Soren, well motioning for the other Snow Leopard to step up to the alley.
(OOC: MarineFox is having computer troubles so we'll skip him for now.)

_________________
Image
Image
Yes, I am a furry.


Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Posts: 1415
Location: The World That Doesn't Exist
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Marro closed his eyes, trying to use his foresight to figure something out, seeing nothing but the wispy shadows that anyone sees when they closed there eyes "Well foresight isn't telling me anything, guess its too vague" he shrugged

_________________
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Reno Crawley EC S-8 P-6 E-6 C-7 I-5 A-5 L-5
Panda Evans EC S-6 P-7 E-6 C-5 I- 7 A-7 L-4
Marro Woods EA S-5 P-9 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-5 L-5
Erin "Pepsi" Evans BsM S-4 P-4 E-8 C-9 I-6 A-7 L-4


Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 am
Posts: 1169
Location: Slipping the surly bonds of Earth and touching the Face of God
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Hlaoroo wrote:
Taking a gentle hold of Ryan's arm, Jake shows him the correct way to hold and swing his arm as well as the correct positioning for his hindpaws. "Also, if you're finding it difficult to control the swing with that ball, you may find it easier with a lighter ball. That's what I do." he finishes, showing the other animal his own ball.


Ryan was a little cautious of someone touching him but he did his best to watch and listen. Though after realizing he had indeed made a mistake and seeing that his ball wasn't apparently to be this heavy to him he nodded after glancing at Jake's ball
"Alright"
He gave a warm smile and nodded then when Snowy motioned for the other leopard to go he returned his ball where he found it and went an tested other balls till he found one that was a bit lighter. Ryan then joined the others again while practicing the throwing technique showed to him.

_________________
Nothing to see here.......Nothing at all.

Doc:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=413&p=345062#p345062

Duke:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1752&start=320


Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Soren and Cody took a ball each, examining them to see how they 'worked'. The elder cat held each, examining them for smoothness and weight. With it in hand, he walked up and took a best guess at how to knock down the most pins. His goal was a... set? It wasn't a strike... It was a check mark? He came forward and aimed for just one side of the lane and on the second attempt aimed the other. He got all but three in the end.

Cody... being the goof he was, just charged at the lane and threw it down. He hadn't caught the tutorial. His ball bounced and hit in the center, having bounced over the front row. A few in the middle fell to get the others in front. A strike from absurdity.

OOC: i wanted him to do something crazy... and I have writer's block..


Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:51 am
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"Well done, fellas. Not a bad effort. Must be my go again." Picking up his ball from the return machine, Jake takes a short hop-up. As he's about to release the ball his paw touches the oiled surface of the lane causing him to wobble and the ball to fly straight down the gutter. Joey laughs.
"Blimey, you nearly ended up in the pins yourself, Jake!"
"Eh, coulda happened to anyone." He lines up his next shot and winds up with 8 pins knocked down.
"My turn. I'll show you how it's done." boasts Joey. He takes a long hop-up and swings the ball. Unfortunately he misjudges his footing and hits the slippery lane. His feet fly out from underneath him and the ball rockets upwards before plummeting straight back down into his gut. Completely winded and gasping for breath, Joey struggles to regain his footing on the well-oiled floor.
Jake is almost breathelss too from laughing so hard. Hopping quickly over to Joey he assesses the severity of the damage. "Well you'll have a ripper bruise, mate, but other than that you're in good nick." Helping Joey up and supporting him back to the chairs, he turns to the other pets. "And that, mates is a prime example of how not to do it! As Joey and I just demonstrated, the lane is very slippery and oily so watch out! You right to take another shot, Joey?"
"When *gasp* I man- *gasp* When I *gasp* get my *gasp* get my breath *gasp* breath back. *gasp*" he collapses into the plastic seat and leans forward, trying to expand his chest as much as possible.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:30 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Maria lit up a bit. "We could take you there. I live with a lion, I could probably help you find a ball that's hard to pop," she said.


Yeah, Maria could easily help you out with the ball. Speedy agreed with the monkey. So do you want to go to the shop Echo?

"Yeah!"Echo gave a shy smile. "If you don't mind. I wouldn't want to keep you from anything."

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:20 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
CrystallineWolf wrote:
musclecar326 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Maria lit up a bit. "We could take you there. I live with a lion, I could probably help you find a ball that's hard to pop," she said.


Yeah, Maria could easily help you out with the ball. Speedy agreed with the monkey. So do you want to go to the shop Echo?


"Yeah!"Echo gave a shy smile. "If you don't mind. I wouldn't want to keep you from anything."

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Last edited by CrystallineWolf on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:20 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16872
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"don't worry about it, we have time on our hands," Maria said. Then she threw the fake watch she was holding back into the box of costume jewelry.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:03 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 683
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Hlaoroo wrote:
"Well done, fellas. Not a bad effort. Must be my go again." Picking up his ball from the return machine, Jake takes a short hop-up. As he's about to release the ball his paw touches the oiled surface of the lane causing him to wobble and the ball to fly straight down the gutter. Joey laughs.
"Blimey, you nearly ended up in the pins yourself, Jake!"
"Eh, coulda happened to anyone." He lines up his next shot and winds up with 8 pins knocked down.
"My turn. I'll show you how it's done." boasts Joey. He takes a long hop-up and swings the ball. Unfortunately he misjudges his footing and hits the slippery lane. His feet fly out from underneath him and the ball rockets upwards before plummeting straight back down into his gut. Completely winded and gasping for breath, Joey struggles to regain his footing on the well-oiled floor.
Jake is almost breathelss too from laughing so hard. Hopping quickly over to Joey he assesses the severity of the damage. "Well you'll have a ripper bruise, mate, but other than that you're in good nick." Helping Joey up and supporting him back to the chairs, he turns to the other pets. "And that, mates is a prime example of how not to do it! As Joey and I just demonstrated, the lane is very slippery and oily so watch out! You right to take another shot, Joey?"
"When *gasp* I man- *gasp* When I *gasp* get my *gasp* get my breath *gasp* breath back. *gasp*" he collapses into the plastic seat and leans forward, trying to expand his chest as much as possible.


Snowy almost jumped out of his seat to help Jake, then sat back down after he saw that Jake was okay. Then when Joey fell he giggled under his breath, considering the irony. Well I guess I can go since you look incapable of throwing another one. Snowy suggested after seeing the kangaroo's position. So he stepped up to the machine and had the pins reset for his turn, then grabbed his personal ball. Doing his usually toss he curved the ball into the side of the pins knocking 7 down. He stood back and thought his next throw through then went for the spare. Snowy got it just barely due to a rolling pin. There we go boys, a spare. Met are you going now? He asked.
-----------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
"don't worry about it, we have time on our hands," Maria said. Then she threw the fake watch she was holding back into the box of costume jewelry.


Speedy just nodded her head as she started to head towards the door. Yeah we have nothing planned for today, so tons of free time. She said while opening the door for the others out of their current shop.

_________________
Image
Image
Yes, I am a furry.


Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16872
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:
Snowy almost jumped out of his seat to help Jake, then sat back down after he saw that Jake was okay. Then when Joey fell he giggled under his breath, considering the irony. Well I guess I can go since you look incapable of throwing another one. Snowy suggested after seeing the kangaroo's position. So he stepped up to the machine and had the pins reset for his turn, then grabbed his personal ball. Doing his usually toss he curved the ball into the side of the pins knocking 7 down. He stood back and thought his next throw through then went for the spare. Snowy got it just barely due to a rolling pin. There we go boys, a spare. Met are you going now? He asked.

"Yeah," the lion said as he grabbed his ball. he decide to try out Jake's advise and just practice the swing.
on his first attempt roll, he hit a little to the left of the center pin, knocking down 4.
when the ball came back, he tried again, this time aiming a bit more right, knocking down 4 more pins. "Well, at least it's better than my first try. Your turn again, Ryan.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 am
Posts: 1169
Location: Slipping the surly bonds of Earth and touching the Face of God
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Ryan had been again watching the others hoping that he would retain what he had been taught and when it was his turn he took hold of the ball waited till his name flashed on the screen and took a nice running start, he did his best to repeat what paw motion and hold and when he let go it stayed in his lane but it bounced off to the side, hit the middle separation part and bounced back onto the lane just in time to cut diagonally through the middle knocking over 5 and Ryan watched as they fell in slight disbelief, glad to have kept it on track and knocked a few over. He then ran over to the ball return and anxiously waited for the ball to come back and when it did he wasted no time in repeating his run and this time it stayed fairly straight and knocked over 3 pins on the right. He pumped his paw in the air (Like the tiger woods move) as they fell and then he confidently went back to his seat.

_________________
Nothing to see here.......Nothing at all.

Doc:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=413&p=345062#p345062

Duke:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1752&start=320


Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:

Snowy almost jumped out of his seat to help Jake, then sat back down after he saw that Jake was okay. Then when Joey fell he giggled under his breath, considering the irony. Well I guess I can go since you look incapable of throwing another one. Snowy suggested after seeing the kangaroo's position. So he stepped up to the machine and had the pins reset for his turn, then grabbed his personal ball. Doing his usually toss he curved the ball into the side of the pins knocking 7 down. He stood back and thought his next throw through then went for the spare. Snowy got it just barely due to a rolling pin. There we go boys, a spare. Met are you going now? He asked.

Joey raises his paw, intending to say something, but finding himself unable, motions for Snowy to take his shot.
Jake watches Met bowl. "Good onya, mate! That was much better!" he encourages as the lion sits back down.
As Ryan returns to his seat, Jake hi-fives him. "Now you're getting the idea!"
He turns back to Joey. "Howya doin'?"
"Sore. But I'm not complainin'." Joey pants as his breathing gradually becomes closer to normal. "I'll be right in a minute. Where's my drink?" Jakes passes him the can and he chuggs a few mouthfuls as he tries to steady his breathing.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
The two snow leopards take their shots, they're.. not quite paying attention as they play. Something on their minds or otherwise.


Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
"don't worry about it, we have time on our hands," Maria said. Then she threw the fake watch she was holding back into the box of costume jewelry.


Speedy just nodded her head as she started to head towards the door. Yeah we have nothing planned for today, so tons of free time. She said while opening the door for the others out of their current shop.


"Great!" Echo gripped the straps of her backpack a bit nervously- after all, excluding her dad, this was the first sort of recreational activity she was invited to. She just hoped it would earn her some friends. "Um...maybe after... would you mind if I sketched you guys? I'm trying to get better at drawing...but it's okay if you don't want to."

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 683
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
razgriz wrote:
The two snow leopards take their shots, they're.. not quite paying attention as they play. Something on their minds or otherwise.


Snowy noticed that the two leopards weren't focusing all of their attention on bowling, but didn't want to say anything so as to not step on any nerves. Well I think it's back to you two. He said to the kangaroos.
-----------
CrystallineWolf wrote:
"Great!" Echo gripped the straps of her backpack a bit nervously- after all, excluding her dad, this was the first sort of recreational activity she was invited to. She just hoped it would earn her some friends. "Um...maybe after... would you mind if I sketched you guys? I'm trying to get better at drawing...but it's okay if you don't want to."


I'd be happy to strike a pose, if it will help you. Speedy replied to Echo, But of course first the store then we could go to a park or someone's house for the drawing. If that's what you were thinking. She said while continuing to walk.

_________________
Image
Image
Yes, I am a furry.


Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:09 am
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"Must be." Jake collects his ball and bowls twice for a score of seven. Joey has managed to regain his breath so he bowls again - more carefully this time - and scores a respectable 9. Deciding to make small talk, Jake asks the assembled pets:
"So, have you fellas been here long or are you new too?"

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 am
Posts: 1169
Location: Slipping the surly bonds of Earth and touching the Face of God
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Hlaoroo wrote:
"Must be." Jake collects his ball and bowls twice for a score of seven. Joey has managed to regain his breath so he bowls again - more carefully this time - and scores a respectable 9. Deciding to make small talk, Jake asks the assembled pets:
"So, have you fellas been here long or are you new too?"




Ryan shook his head
"Just moved here, even with the dangerous amount of low hanging branches its pretty fun here"

_________________
Nothing to see here.......Nothing at all.

Doc:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=413&p=345062#p345062

Duke:http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1752&start=320


Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"Yeah, those branches are a problem. We roos prefer grassland, although a few trees are good for shelter. I've already pranged my noggin on the branches a few times."
"Well at least you didn't hit something you actually use, hey Joey?"
"Hey!" Joey splutters, trying to think of a comeback. Jake laughs.
"See what I mean?"

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 683
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Hlaoroo wrote:
"Must be." Jake collects his ball and bowls twice for a score of seven. Joey has managed to regain his breath so he bowls again - more carefully this time - and scores a respectable 9. Deciding to make small talk, Jake asks the assembled pets:
"So, have you fellas been here long or are you new too?"


Snowy chuckled at Ryan's comment, then said Well I've been here since the neighborhood started. My dad created this town. Snowy then stood up and grabbed his ball. He threw the ball in his non-typical style knocking down 8, then upon the return Me, my sister, Speedy, and Dad moved around a lot due to us. So he decided to make this town for other people with pets like me and you. After finished that sentence Snowy tossed the ball second time picking up the spare. He then went and sat down on the bench, lifting his finger at Met to signal his turn, Other then me and my family everyone else is new here as well.

_________________
Image
Image
Yes, I am a furry.


Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:53 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16872
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Met nodded and grabbed his bowling ball. This time, his first roll knocked down 9 pins, and his second took out the last one.
------------
"I'd love to pose for a sketch," Maria said as she followed Speedy.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:
I'd be happy to strike a pose, if it will help you. Speedy replied to Echo, But of course first the store then we could go to a park or someone's house for the drawing. If that's what you were thinking. She said while continuing to walk.

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
I'd love to pose for a sketch," Maria said as she followed Speedy.


Echo grinned as she exited to shop behind them. "Great! I've never been able to other animals in a pose- they would always run away before I could even ask them. I was thinking in the park, to try and get a natural feel....I need practice drawing trees anyway..." So far, making friends was a complete success!

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Huh, cool. So you could say that you're the mayor, if you will, of the pets, even as your dad would be the mayor of the humans, right, Snowy? At least... I think that's how it works amongst people. Me and Joey weren't born with humans, you see, so we don't know an awful lot about them or how they think. We were captured out of the wild only recently and dumped in a zoo which went bankrupt after which we ended up here. We're still trying to get used to it all. Me especially - this is nothing like I'm used to at home in the bush..." He trails off, frowning, feeling a sudden wave of homesickness.

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:03 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16872
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
CrystallineWolf wrote:
Echo grinned as she exited to shop behind them. "Great! I've never been able to other animals in a pose- they would always run away before I could even ask them. I was thinking in the park, to try and get a natural feel....I need practice drawing trees anyway..." So far, making friends was a complete success!

"Maybe you could draw me hanging from a branch," Maria suggested excitedly.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:28 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 683
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
Hlaoroo wrote:
Huh, cool. So you could say that you're the mayor, if you will, of the pets, even as your dad would be the mayor of the humans, right, Snowy? At least... I think that's how it works amongst people. Me and Joey weren't born with humans, you see, so we don't know an awful lot about them or how they think. We were captured out of the wild only recently and dumped in a zoo which went bankrupt after which we ended up here. We're still trying to get used to it all. Me especially - this is nothing like I'm used to at home in the bush..." He trails off, frowning, feeling a sudden wave of homesickness.


I don't know if, I'd call myself the mayor of the pets. More like an ambassador for all the new pets of this town. Snowy replied, Oh and that sounds bad. I hope you can learn to like and get used to humans better, while here. On another note I think its your turn Ryan. He finished on a high note.
-----------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
CrystallineWolf wrote:
Echo grinned as she exited to shop behind them. "Great! I've never been able to other animals in a pose- they would always run away before I could even ask them. I was thinking in the park, to try and get a natural feel....I need practice drawing trees anyway..." So far, making friends was a complete success!

"Maybe you could draw me hanging from a branch," Maria suggested excitedly.


Maybe then if you want a more action like pose, I could pose like I am about to climb the tree. Or maybe a running pose. Speedy offered while also walking toward the store, getting closer to it quick.

_________________
Image
Image
Yes, I am a furry.


Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:58 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6206
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
"Bad's a bit of an understatement." comments Joey, having heard the conversation. "You ever been hit by a tranquiliser dart and then woken up with no clue what had happened or where you were or what was going on?"
"And then there was the realisation that we'll probably never see our mob again..."
"And then trying to work out humans and how to talk to them and read them and their emotions and expressions having never even seen them before."
"It's not been easy..."
The two kangaroos are silent for a time, reflecting on the experience.
"Anyway, sorry to ruin the mood..."
"Yeah, you've probably got enough of your own troubles without worrying about us."

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible dragon-shadows.

Image Image Image


Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:39 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am
Posts: 170
Location: Tzcatlpoca's Smoke Mirror (HEEEELLLLP!)
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres
musclecar326 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
CrystallineWolf wrote:
Echo grinned as she exited to shop behind them. "Great! I've never been able to other animals in a pose- they would always run away before I could even ask them. I was thinking in the park, to try and get a natural feel....I need practice drawing trees anyway..." So far, making friends was a complete success!

"Maybe you could draw me hanging from a branch," Maria suggested excitedly.


Maybe then if you want a more action like pose, I could pose like I am about to climb the tree. Or maybe a running pose. Speedy offered while also walking toward the store, getting closer to it quick.


"Those ideas both sound like they'd look awesome." Echo followed Speedy, matching the cheetah's quick pace with her own long stride. Spying the store close at hand, she questioned, "What's the ratio of commercial development to land here in Exotic Acres?"

_________________
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!


Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.