• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 1973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 50  Next
HPU: Exotic Acres 
laughing maniacally

Post Re: HPU: Exotic Acres
"I don't have a mate," Met answered.
"And neither do I," Maria said, rejoining the group.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:46 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Jake looks down and is taken aback on realising what he'd just caught. "Er... Here... I think this is yours."
Rummaging in his knapsack he pulls out a pawful of moss. "Here. Hold this on to stop the bleeding. It's not the same as the soft moss back home but I reckon it'll do in a pinch.

Joey, on the other paw, being the cheeky and irrepressible soul that he is, is staring back and fourth between Met and Storm as an idea slowly forms in his mind. He still can't quite figure out why Storm doesn't have a mane but hey, even if she's not perfect, she and Met are both lions, and what are the chances of another pair of lions turning up in Exotic Acres? A grin begins to appear on his face as he envisages the pair as a happy couple and it's just possible that the two, from the motion of his head, might realise what he's thinking.

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:02 am
Profile WWW
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
"I don't have a mate," Met answered.
"And neither do I," Maria said, rejoining the group.

"Really ?" Storm asked , a little bit surprised

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Jake looks down and is taken aback on realising what he'd just caught. "Er... Here... I think this is yours."
Rummaging in his knapsack he pulls out a pawful of moss. "Here. Hold this on to stop the bleeding. It's not the same as the soft moss back home but I reckon it'll do in a pinch.

Joey, on the other paw, being the cheeky and irrepressible soul that he is, is staring back and fourth between Met and Storm as an idea slowly forms in his mind. He still can't quite figure out why Storm doesn't have a mane but hey, even if she's not perfect, she and Met are both lions, and what are the chances of another pair of lions turning up in Exotic Acres? A grin begins to appear on his face as he envisages the pair as a happy couple and it's just possible that the two, from the motion of his head, might realise what he's thinking.

Delilah smiles and thanks Jake, taking both her earring and the moss. She begins to tend to the small wound.

"Thank you, Jake. These accessories are very important to me. In my clan in India, when one comes of age, bracelets, earrings, and rings are bestowed. I traded my bronze for silver two human year ago."

"Delilah! This branch is taller than you! I can't get down!"

Delilah huffed at Mario and bared her teeth a little. She remembered what happened before and put her fangs away. She put the earring back in place and bowed to Jake.

"Thank you, once more. Maybe I can get out companion to take you to India with us when I leave in a two year! No dingoes or predators live in our clan. Dholes don't eat kangaroos!"

"And degus can't fly! Get me down from her! By clan law, you were bound to protect me!"

"And you were bound to get me out of tricky situations. I don't need you right now."

"Fine, I'll make it a tricky situation. Jake, Delilah had a crush on you."

"MARIO!"

Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Cooper tepped up now still seeing bandit in the tree with mario."if you dont mind delilah we can get mario down for you." Cooper said politly, as bandit walked closer to mario."you know for being from india i expected different. But nice move with the earing Wrong time for it though" Bandit said to mario before jumping some making the branch shake.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:20 pm

"DELILAH!!! HELP! THEY'RE GONNA EAT ME!!!"

Delilah's ears perked up and she launched over to the branch Mario was on. She grabbed the degu before turning in midair and skidding on her paws. She placed him on her head and walked back to her previous spot, glaring at Cooper and Bandit.

"You two should know better than to attack one smaller than you. It has never been right to me to hurt a creature smaller than me! If it was, Mario wouldn't be here. I protect those who need it."

Delilah put her hands on her hips.

"You two should be ashamed."

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:40 pm

"says the one who put mario up there in the first place. Keep in mind we said we would help you if we wanted to harm you you would not have seen us attack you like you didnt notice for your earings" Cooper said kindly holding up delilahs earings. Bandit landed softly before running next to cooper."um cooper remember?" bandit said before cooper realized what he did. "oh yeah.....here sry i took them.....its a habit. But seriously i did say we could help get mario down from the tree before he paniced at my brother shaking the branch"
Cooper finished saying .

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:18 pm
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox Wrote:
"Really ?" Storm asked , a little bit surprised

"Well until I moved here I haven't really had a chance to socialize with any other big cats," Met said. "and even the ones I've met here so far haven't hung out with me much."
He then noticed Joey, and blushed a little and rubbed the back of his neck.

meanwhile, Maria had just noticed Delilah's shiny jewelry, and was trying hard not to take any of it... then she noticed cooper returning her earrings. another klepto? she thought. "I've never met another one before

Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:58 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seeing Met's awkwardness only makes Joey grin more. He does have enough tact to try rather unsuccessfully to hide it, however. To distract himself, he fixates on Delilah's suggestion.
"Where's India? Never heard of it."

Then, both roos are gobsmacked at Mario's revelation and stare open-mouthed and blankly at the dhole and degu, having no idea how to respond or what to think.

My RP Characters

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:38 pm
Profile WWW

Delilah felt her cheeks light up when the roos looked at her. She backed up a little, embarrassed. She looked up at Mario.

"This is a tricky situation."

Delilah flicked her head, sending Mario safely to the ground.

"Have fun. You can eat him."

Delilah back up and started to run on all fours at the roos, but jumped over them. She stood on her hind legs.

"Mujhē jānā hōgā! Abhī!" (I have to go! Now!)

She dropped to all fours again and ran off into the Forest. Mario watched her go, devastated.

"We just had to be raised feral. Our companion just has to take us for nature runs. Semi-feral dholes just have to be fast!"

Mario climbs up onto Jake's shoulder, pointing after his best friend.

"She always does this when she's upset, so I know where she'll be. Just hurry up into the Forest, she's not all that hard to find."

Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:58 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Well until I moved here I haven't really had a chance to socialize with any other big cats," Met said. "and even the ones I've met here so far haven't hung out with me much."

"Oh...I see , same goes for me as well , kind of " Storm said , blushing a little bit , until she realized the commontion that was happening all around then
"So wait , erm , what's going on ?"

Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:09 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Jake is going nowhere fast. "She... Wants to mate with me..." This statement is the best of Jake's understanding of the term "crush" based on Met's discussion of Mario and Peach, but it's likely highly inaccurate.
"Why would she want that? ... III don't want that!"
"That just breaks so many laws of nature!" breathes Joey, unwittingly quoting The Lion King.

My RP Characters

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:35 am
Profile WWW

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Jake is going nowhere fast. "She... Wants to mate with me..." This statement is the best of Jake's understanding of the term "crush" based on Met's discussion of Mario and Peach, but it's likely highly inaccurate.
"Why would she want that? ... III don't want that!"
"That just breaks so many laws of nature!" breathes Joey, unwittingly quoting The Lion King.

Mario facepaws and drags it down his face. He hops from Jake's shoulder down to the ground.

"Hey! Down here! Listen up, you two!"

Mario had said this explanation to Delilah back when they lived in India and he was about to give it again.

"A "crush" is when one likes you in a way that's more than a friend. Delilah doesn't want mate with you, she wants to be your mate. And she doesn't want to be your mate, technically, she wants to be your girlfriend."

Mario pauses to take a deep breath.

"A girlfriend is a female lover to a male. The male lover is the boyfriend. If you do accept that Delilah, surprisingly, likes the way I said, Jake, and you willingly like her back, you two can date."

Another breath. Being a degu who constantly needed to explain things was somewhat of a good thing on his lungs. Somewhat.

"Dating isn't all that complex. As long as you love her, she loves you. So, as said before, Delilah didn't want to mate with you! She just wants to be your girlfriend. Did that make sense or do I have to explain it slower?"

Mario had learned most of what he said from that white box-thingy that lights up. His owner, or companion as he and Delilah called her, let him read it to practice his reading skills. A certain deal-breaker entered his mind. He smiled and climbed back up onto Jake's shoulder. He leaned on his cheek and faked checking his claws.

"Plus, Delilah is both strong and agile. She could protect you from whatever tries to harm you. She protected me from a gang of Bengal Tigers all by herself. That's how we became best friends. But that's no big deal."

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:16 am

While this happened bandit and Cooper both went after Delilah. Once caught up they approached her slowly. Cooper had bandit stay back before tapping Delilah shoulder. "um don't worry it's me.... um your names Delilah right?" Cooper asked before setting his paw out."look you left your earrings. I wanted to return them." Cooper said

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Delilah put her earrings back in and thanked the two.

"They are sacred. All of my accessories. I can't lose them."

She sighed before crawling back into the small rock-surrounded den she had found. It belonged to a jackal family, then a jackalope colony. Many tunnels lead underground, this way and that way. Delilah took the path that lead to the warmest burrow.

And she went fast, making sure no one could follow her.

When she finally got there, Delilah sat down with her back to the wall.

"Mario's gonna bring the other pets to find me. He always does."

Delilah put her paw to the small, glowing pocket of molten on the wall. (Ooc: Pretend it was there from prehistoric times. Just that small little bit of lava, no more, I swear!)

She laid down, putting her head on her paws and pulling her knees to her stomach, and dozed off. She dreamed of a red-eye, nine-tailed creature, doing random things with a blue feathered bird-cat and a green four-legged snake. (Ooc: ...Forgive me)

Unaware that the molten's light was making her fur shimmer and her bracelets, ring, and earrings glow.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:34 pm
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox Wrote:

"Oh...I see , same goes for me as well , kind of " Storm said , blushing a little bit , until she realized the commontion that was happening all around then
"So wait , erm , what's going on ?"

Met shook himself from his embarrassment and looked around. "Uh, Maria, mind filling us in?"
Maria took a breath and started to explain the situation in one go. "Delilah has a crush on Jake but Jake and Joey don't understand what that means and Delilah got upset and ran into the forest section and you and Storm should date and I think Cooper took Delilah's earrings MET! I'M NOT THE ONLY KLEPTO HERE ANYMORE!" She began hopping a bit at the last bit.
"Well we better go get her from the forest," Met said to avoid more awkwardness.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Mario's explanation leaves the roos even more confused than when they began, especially as they can only catch one word in three due to his thick, unfamiliar accent.
"Uhhh..."
"What did he just say?" The roos look helplessly to Met, hoping for a clearer explanation.

My RP Characters

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:23 am
Profile WWW

Cooper continued following delilah. "Look if you really want to hide from others and be alone why dont you come with me. Or you can talk to me about what troubles you."Cooper said holding a paw out for delilah to grab.
Meanwhile Bandit kept hidden in the trees keeping watch around.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:25 am

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Mario's explanation leaves the roos even more confused than when they began, especially as they can only catch one word in three due to his thick, unfamiliar accent.
"Uhhh..."
"What did he just say?" The roos look helplessly to Met, hoping for a clearer explanation.

"Oi..."

Mario clears his throat, beginning to slower and clearer. He realized he'd need a different example.

"Ok! Since dating is almost as foreign as I am to you kangaroos, I'm going to use a simpler explanation."

Mario hoped off Jake's shoulder again. He turned to the two lions and bowed.

"Forgive me, but I must use your likenesses. Nothing I say is a suggestion and merely an example."

He straightened and pointed to Met, looking back at the roos. He spoke slowly and as clearly as he could with his accent.

"If Met, the male, were to ask Storm, the female, out, he would being asking her on a date. To 'ask out' is to invite a person out in hopes of becoming their significant other, or boyfriend, the male or Met, and girlfriend, the female or Storm."

He remembered what he explained before.

"Delilah doesn't want mate with you, ok Jake? She merely wants to be your girlfriend. Like Storm would be to Met, since they aren't feral. Forgive me once more, dear cats."

And just to dumb it down a little more.

"Take your American Mario and Peach. He rescues her because he loves her. And she loves him. They like each other more than just friends. It is also obvious that Mario is boyfriend to Peach and Peach is girlfriend to Mario."

He hoped a bit closer to the brothers.

"In the wild, there's mating season. I would know, I used to be feral myself. You'd get one mate for that season and a different one the next. It's not like that away from the wild. Away from the wild, you don't have to fight or be flashy to get a female. If you're nice and kind and sincere, she'll love you more than just wanting to mate. She wouldn't even want to mate! She would want to be with you because she saw that you were a nice guy and were the one right for her."

He pointed to the Forest.

"And Delilah apparently feels that way about you, Jake. My best friend is probably in a stone-surrounded den, talking to either Bandit or Cooper. Now, Australian kangaroos, do you understand what I have said?"

Hotep the psychic Wrote:
Cooper continued following delilah. "Look if you really want to hide from others and be alone why dont you come with me. Or you can talk to me about what troubles you."Cooper said holding a paw out for delilah to grab.
Meanwhile Bandit kept hidden in the trees keeping watch around.

Delilah opened one eye to see Cooper.

"How did he follow me," she thought.

She sighed and sat up, directing him to sit across from her.

"Alright, since Mario is probably explaining something and that's why he isn't here yet, I guess I could tell you something about what's wrong. Or where I come from, I am good with either."

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:28 pm

cooper sat down "tell me whats wrong, ive already figured where you are from." Cooper said

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 pm

"I meant about where I come from, but alright."

Delilah sat Indian style (Ooc: Once again, forgive me) and began to tell Cooper a short story.

"As you probably heard Mario say, I have a crush on Jake. Instead of becoming friends and waiting to tell myself, Mario had to open his tiny muzzle. I got really embarrassed and ran off, found this den, came out to look around, you tapped me on the shoulder, etcetera, etcetera."

Delilah brought her claws out, drawing symbols in the dirt. They were both Egyptian and Indian, but Delilah had been everywhere around the world and knew what they meant. Her owner was a traveler when she first got them.

"Anything else you wish to know, Cooper?"

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:23 pm

Cooper wiped the symbols that were in egyptian. "well for one why the shyness. And to continue, where arou.d the world have you been. Bandit and i may share some things in comon with you"Cooper said drawing the word "secrets" in hindi into the dirt in front of him.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Delilah realized she had been writing the death note she had seen on a mummy's tomb. She had started to Mario's name when Cooper wiped it away.

"Thank you for doing that."

She reached over and wrote "Cooper" in both Arabic and Indian.She began to draw her clan symbol.

"Oh, I've been to many places with my human companion. She had taken us to Australia, China, France, Russia, and many others. Most are different from India, like here. Many things differ. Termora cares much about setting what the world holds."

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:29 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Met shook himself from his embarrassment and looked around. "Uh, Maria, mind filling us in?"
Maria took a breath and started to explain the situation in one go. "Delilah has a crush on Jake but Jake and Joey don't understand what that means and Delilah got upset and ran into the forest section and you and Storm should date and I think Cooper took Delilah's earrings MET! I'M NOT THE ONLY KLEPTO HERE ANYMORE!" She began hopping a bit at the last bit.
"Well we better go get her from the forest," Met said to avoid more awkwardness.

"R-right" Storm nodded , and began to ran toward the forest "come on"

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:55 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"So... she wants to be my friend but not my mate?"
"But she doesn't want to be just his friend but she also doesn't want to be his mate?"
"There's more than just friend or mate?"
"And it's embarrassing to be a not-friend-and-not-mate?" The roos look at each other and scratch their heads, still helplessly confused.

My RP Characters

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:45 am
Profile WWW

Mario sighed and smiled.

"At least you're getting closer. Yes, there something more than a friend, but not as serious as a mate. It's called dating. Delilah wants to be more than friends, but not as far as mates. Being in a loving relationship is in the middle."

Mario jumped onto Jake's shoulder.

"Let's go get Delilah, I'll explain on the way."
----------
Meanwhile, Delilah had invited Bandit in and began to tell them a story she had heard in her clans. She drew on the dirt to show the tale.

"Fox walked toward Phoenix, demanding she give him her beautiful red and golden color for completing such a task. He didn't ask like the other whom had done the same task, he shouted and screamed that she give him her colors."

Delilah erased the most recent picture, drawing the new one.

"She accepted his request, but with a price. While Fox received some of her color, Phoenix-"

Delilah suddenly stood up and ran out of the cave.

"I'll be right back!"

Delilah looked out the entrance, listening to the footfalls of someone.

"Sounds heavy. Must be those lions or a hiker," Delilah thought.

"We're over here! Whoever you are!"

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Cooper and bandit followed delilah. "well you were right this was fast but i dont beleive your brothers here yet. As for us we came from russia, but we too have been around the world for awhile." Cooper said

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:14 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"And this... Being in the middle... Is embarrassing?"
"I still don't get it..."
"I suppose we should find her though before she gets hurt or lost." Jake picks up the degu and sits him in his backpack, fastening the straps to keep it secure.
"You'll be safer in there." Jake and Joey hop after the other pets, still not quite comprehending what's happening.

My RP Characters

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:42 am
Profile WWW
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Mickey Wrote:
Delilah looked out the entrance, listening to the footfalls of someone.

"Sounds heavy. Must be those lions or a hiker," Delilah thought.

"We're over here! Whoever you are!"

"Erm , hi " Storm waved "it's er , just us , are you alright ?"

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 am

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"And this... Being in the middle... Is embarrassing?"
"I still don't get it..."
"I suppose we should find her though before she gets hurt or lost." Jake picks up the degu and sits him in his backpack, fastening the straps to keep it secure.
"You'll be safer in there." Jake and Joey hop after the other pets, still not quite comprehending what's happening.

Mario huffed and accepted his fate in the backpack.

"Just head for the forest. I can find her if she doesn't hear you guys."

He began to examine the things Jake had in his backpack, being carefully with them.
------
Delilah came out completely, waving to Storm.

"I am fine. I suppose I over-reacted. I guess I'll be able to talk to Jake when he gets here. But until then, please come inside. There is plenty of room!"

Delilah begins to lead them into the den.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:04 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Forest. Right."
"How you doin' back there?" Jake calls as he bounds between the first of the trees.

My RP Characters

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

"huh... I've been here for a month and I didn't know this place was here," Met said, looking around the den.
"I've seen it but never bothered to check it out," Maria said.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 pm

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Forest. Right."
"How you doin' back there?" Jake calls as he bounds between the first of the trees.

"I'm alright! Thank you!"

Despite the shaking, Mario was unfazed by being in the backpack. He had to ride in a lantern-sized carrier to travel in the planes. The current ride just felt like a lot of turbulence.

"Delilah, I'm sorry," he mumbled, pawing at the army knife.

"huh... I've been here for a month and I didn't know this place was here," Met said, looking around the den.
"I've seen it but never bothered to check it out," Maria said.

Delilah smiled and sat them all back down in the heated room. She gestured to the den, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes.

"Dholes are weird at finding dens, ok? Now, as we wait for the others, I suppose I could tell a few more stories, yes?"

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:24 am

Cooper was by the small amount of lava digging a hole. So far his entire arm was inside said hole. Bandit was roasting a marshmallow.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:17 am

"Be careful! And...where did you get the marshmallow?"

Delilah shook it off and began to tell a story about how the tiger got his stripes.

"Oh! Bandit, Cooper! That story from before ends with Fox getting the colors, but his white paws are turned to brown and his eyes green, showing off his greed."

Delilah cleared her throat and continued the story of the tiger.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:15 pm
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Storm followed Delilah inside , only waved a hello at the other two who came before her , then quietly listen to the story

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:14 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Now well within the forest, the roos slow down. They sniff around, searching for the trail left by the others, hopping slowly in the peculiar gait they normally use while browsing. This involves planting their palms on the ground, swinging their heavy hindlimbs past their front paws, lifting the front paws and repeating the process. This results in the backpack in which Mario is riding being tilted by nearly ninety degrees. It's not long before the find the den, and they pause in the entrance, uncertainly.
"Er..."
"Hello? A-anyone down there?" they query, reluctant to enter.

My RP Characters

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:24 am
Profile WWW

Delilah's left ear swivels toward the entrance, despite her still telling the story. Her ear was followed by her head as she excused herself and stood up. She walked out to the entrance, smiling at the roo brothers.

"Hello, roos! You finally made it, with my brother in tow I hope! Anyway, come inside and follow me. I'm telling stories to the others from my clan. I'm sure you well like them! Come, come!"

Delilah turned and began to walk back to the heated room.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Hello again guys" Storm waved at the bothers as they came in "so wait erm....what were your names again ?"

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:00 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Yes, Mario's in the bag." Jake pulls the degu from the backpack and offers him to the dhole before following her into the passageway.

Although they had expected to feel claustrophobic, the roos find a certain comfort in the den as the warm darkness and slight staleness reminds them of their mother's pouch. They enter the den proper from the tunnel, still using their slow gait, wary of jumping and knocking their heads on the unforgiving stone roof. As the lioness asks her question, the two macropods decide to have a bit of fun. Sharing a quick look, they both know they're thinking the same thing.
"I'm Joey and he's Jake."
"What, no you're not! I'm Joey and he's Jake!"
"Don't be silly! I'm Joey and you're Jake!"
"Bah! You've never been Joey in your life!"
"Mother named me Joey and you Jake."
"Did not! I'm clearly more of a Joey than you are!"
"You got that right!"
"Wha- Hey! That's not what I meant!"
"You said it! You're Joey and I'm Jake!"
"Wait, no! That's ridiculous! I'm Jake, you're Joey!"
"You wish, Joey!"
"It's true, Joey!"
"Is not!"
"Is too!"
"Is not!"
"Is too!"
"Is not!"
"Is too!"
"Notnotnotnotnot!"
"Tootootootootoo!" The pair can't hide the grins on their faces as they both try to out-argue the other, watching for reactions from the others out of the corners of their eyes.

My RP Characters

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 50  Next