HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How about exploring inside town?" Jake queries, only half-joking.
"You know what rocks are good for though?" quizzes Joey. Taking his ball from Jake's backpack, he unplucks a few strategic strands of grass , hollowing out the ball to form a kind of basket with a string of grass attached. Setting a small rock into his basket, he swings the contraption over his head a couple of times before giving it a powerful downward flick, sending the stone rocketing down the centre of the street where it bounces off the ground at an angle, putting out a car's headlight.
"Ooh. Whoops. Never had that problem back home..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Vegas

Post by Vegas »

"Maybe we should beat a hasty retreat into town?" Zan suggested, wincing at the broken light. "Like, yesterday?"
Avi colored by me. Lineart from here.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You reckon they'll be angry? Humans are always dangerous, especially when they're angry."
"Yeah, we should, you know, go. Where's a good place to hide in town, Met?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Met looked up at the light and said "Well the forest section of town could probably provide some nice cover."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good thinking."
"Let's go." The roos hop away and then return after a few seconds.
"Er..."
"Which way is the forest section?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I think it's that way." Namine said, pointing to her left.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

1.5 Months Later

The Mayers had fallen nicely into their routine. Met wakes up, then gets Maria, they eat breakfast with their dad, they go for a run and hang out with friends until they went to sleep. Every day. for a month and a half. It was getting slightly boring, but hey, that's life.

But there had been a few new additions to the neighborhood, and Met was excited to learn some of them were more big cats. So after their run, he and Maria would go to meet some of them.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It has been an eventful six weeks for the JJs. Just over a month ago, Joey had cut his hind-paw on a broken piece of glass left in the back yard after one of Harry's parties. Knowing how to take care of themselves, the roos had bandaged the wound but it had gotten infected so they'd followed Met's advice and taken themselves to the vets. Geoff had immediately put Joey on antibiotics but when he'd called Harry to explain what had happened he'd been appalled by the man's sudden outburst and flat-out refusal to pay for something that was quote unquote "Their own [expletive] fault!" As a result of this, he'd decided to take legal action to remove the roos from this potentially dangerous environment. Reporting the incident to authorities, he'd received court permission to care for the roos while Joey was healing and while the proceedings against Harry were ongoing. Towards the end of the proceedings, he decided that he had become attached to the roos and so applied for permission to own them, citing the fact that as wild animals they would not do well in captivity in a zoo. He's still waiting to hear the results of both legal battles.

The roos though, are quite happy. Joey's foot-paw healed with no more complications and the twins are back to their old mischief, oblivious to all the legal drama they've caused but happy to be living with the kind-hearted vet and his wife who let them have a lot more freedom and money than Harry ever did. Slowly but surely they're learning how to live in a human dominated world. They're still petrified of dingos - after all, old habits die hard, but thanks to the ministrations of their friends, and Met especially, they're beginning to feel more at home and less homesick.

This morning they're having a race. It's clear why Australians colloquially call kangaroos "boomers" as the sound of their large hind-paws bash the ground with a solid thump, propelling their muscular frames over four feet into the air and sending them speeding along the ground at over 30 miles an hour, covering nearly twenty feet of ground with every bounce.

Their headlong flight carries them quite by chance past Met and Maria and they travel a good hundred or so feet beyond the pair before they're able to stop and turn around. They return to their friends at a much more sedate pace. Having spent their whole lives bouncing, they've barely broken a sweat.

"G'day, Met, Maria!"
"How's it goin?"
"Who do you think was the fastest, him, or me?" Joey queries, gesturing to his twin and himself.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

THe time for packing and cardboard warfare had ended as the Roterelli's threw away the third to last box. the last two they knew there pets had use for. Jonathan slapped his hands as if freeing powder and dust from them before heading inside to find his wife cooking breakfast and Two white leopards trying to locksmith his closet again. "Try as you will boys i made that puzzle myself and your not getting in this time." Jonathan said with a chuckle, inside was the leopards small stash of favorite treats, and as usual a hidden prize, all they had to do was get in which also helped to tone down there thieving habits. Cooper was using the locksmith this time as his brother listened intently for the proper clicking sounds. it wasnt until his brothers hair suddenly went on end and he pulled the two tools out that the two stopped. Bandit looked at his now poofed brother before laughing. "HAhAhAHAHAHAHA!! THERES A SHOCK PRANK IN THEIR!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!" Bandit was laughing as his brother only had a smug look of "why me this time" his hair slowly fell back down before the two ate breakfast.

The family talked for some time about the new neighborhood and what they were expecting, but they still wanted the two pets to have fun and stay out of trouble. The two nodded before leaving the house with their collars, with the sun shining and a good morning wake up the two walked in step with each other looking around as they explored the new neighborhood.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"G'day, Met, Maria!"
"How's it goin?"
"Who do you think was the fastest, him, or me?" Joey queries, gesturing to his twin and himself.
"Good morning, it's going fine and... you were both going so fast I didn't see who was fastest." Met replied.

"I did, it was Joey," Maria chimed in.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

" *yawn* morning dad ..." Storm , a lioness , greeted her owner as she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen , while rubbing her eyes , still not fully awake
" Morning girl , did you sleep well ?" Thomas Aldryd ,her owner , a slim , tall man around his 50s , replied with a chuckle , enjoying his cup of coffee . It's been 3 days since they moved here , but the last 2 days were as busy as anyone could ever imagine , with all the moving and setting things up in their new house . Storm did everything she could to help as well , so the lioness was hoping for a nice , long sleep today , just to make it up , but it seems sleeping and her was never meant to be....
"I guess , I was having a really nice dream too , but then I heard something , like something heavy pounding against the ground."
" Oh yes , I heard that too "
"yeah , so that woke me *yawn* up"
"heh , well , you have to wake up and meet your new friends some time too you know"
"oh yeah !"
"So , let's have some breakfast shall we ?"
"yes please !"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Namine had settled into her life the past month and a half. This morning, she woke up and ate breakfast. After she had done that, Namine left and walked around town looking for someone to talk to. She saw Met, Maria and the roos and walked over to them. "Hey guys!" she greeted.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Cooper and bandit both walked around the neighborhood looking at the different houses before seeing the group of pets and walking up. each said hello as they joined the group.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah!" cries Joey, fist-pumping the air.
"Aw!" Jake simultaneously groans in mock despair. "We'll have to give you a race some time, Met. I hear lions are quite fast too."
"Not like roos though! We'll run the pants off you! Er... Metaphorically speaking of course since we actually hop and you... don't... have... yeah..." Joey trails off, realising how silly he sounds as Jake watches him with an amused expression and one eyebrow raised.
"What, Jake?"
"Oh, nothing. Oh, hi, Namine! What's up?"
"G'day, Namine! Howzit?" The two roos turn as the new pets join the group.
"Ah. We heard there were new pets in town. That must be you guys."
"G'day. I'm Jake and this is my twin, Joey. Welcome. Who're you guys?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"How did you enjoy your breakfast ?"
"It was delicious dad , just like always" Storm giggled , finishing up the last of the dishes
"So what are you going to do today ?"
"I'm not sure.....maybe I'll take another nap"
"Didn't you say you wanna go explore the town when we got here ?" Thomas chuckled
"yeah but dad , that was days ago , and I'm still tired now , I hadn't gotten enough sleep yet , there don't seem to be any other pets around , and..." Storm suddenly stopped as the old man gently ruffled her head fur
"it's fine girl , you can go , have fun"
"But , dad , are you sure ? Yesterday could've turned out very bad"
"Accidents happen Storm , I was a little careless , that's all . I didn't get hurt now did I ?"
"But you could've been , things like that can happen again , and-"
"Storm , come on , I'm not that old girl , I can take care of myself . Beside , we finished moving , so it's not gonna happen again , OK ?"
"....*sigh* yeah , OK dad , maybe I'll take a look around town for a bit after I'm done...."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Morning, Namine," Maria greeted. "Good morning new pets."

"So you're the new snow leopards that moved in?" Met said to the new pets. "I'm Met and this is Maria."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

"that we are. Im Cooper and this is my brother" Cooper said "Names bandit nice to meet you" bandit said waving at the small group
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Are you sure you're OK dad ?" Storm asked , about to head out to check the neighborhood for the first time , yet still worried about her owner's well being
"yes girl !" the old man replied , chuckling "Just go ! Some time in this century preferably"
"heh , well , OK , I'm going I guess , take care dad"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Cooper, hey?" The two kangaroos share an enormous grin, both having the same thought.
"Y'know, it's funny. Never thought I'd say it but I miss him."
"Yeah... Me too..." The smiles disappear and the roos look down and shuffle their paws awkwardly for a few moments before wrenching their thoughts back to the present.
"Aaanyway..."
"Where are you guys from?" Jake asks of the newcomers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After a short while wandering the street , Snow heard voices , like people talking , not like human's voices though , so she figured it belonged to other pets , and followed it . Soon she did find them , but....perhaps she spent too little time with other pets before , or perhaps out of instinct , she decided to hide behind a wall and listen, instead of going out and introduce herself to them
Hotep the psychic

"we moved from the Rocky' s. We were born in the Russian Siberian mountains though" Bandit answered cooper only nodded. "what about you two roo' s eh? Judging by the lingo you'd be Aussie' s? What's your names?" Cooper asked trying not to show his talents at impersonations or accents before fiddling with his collar
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos raise an eyebrow at each other before looking back at the snow leopards.
"Jake-"
"Joey-"
"Jackson." they chorus.
"And yes, we're-"
"From Australia."
"AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!"
"OI OI OI!"
"AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!"
"OI OI OI!"
"AUSSIE!"
"OI!"
"AUSSIE!"
"OI!"
"AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!"
"OI OI OI!!!" they roar at the top of their lungs before chest-bumping, a gesture that's pretty powerful and quite impressive when you're two feet off the ground and propelled by kangaroo hind-paws.
"Ah, I wish we could-"
"Go back. Yeah, me t-" Joey's ears prick up and his head swivels to the wall in the same instant as Jakes. Being a prey species, they're more attuned to their surroundings than the carnivores and they're used to being constantly vigilant. Thus, the pair have no doubt they're being watched. They're not sure how they know, whether it was a broken stick, a flash of light, a shift in the wind, or just that sixth sense that causes the hair on one's nape to stand erect and one's skin to prickle when one is watched, but whatever the case, their attention is, for a moment, focused on the wall, trying to discern the source of their discomfort.
"Someone's watching us..."
Resisting the instinctive urge to bolt, they instead do as Met had taught them and hold their ground, fighting every cell in their bodies.
"W-who's there?" Joey calls somewhat shakily, glancing briefly to Met and Jake for guidance and support.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Joey's ears prick up and his head swivels to the wall in the same instant as Jakes. Being a prey species, they're more attuned to their surroundings than the carnivores and they're used to being constantly vigilant. Thus, the pair have no doubt they're being watched. They're not sure how they know, whether it was a broken stick, a flash of light, a shift in the wind, or just that sixth sense that causes the hair on one's nape to stand erect and one's skin to prickle when one is watched, but whatever the case, their attention is, for a moment, focused on the wall, trying to discern the source of their discomfort.
"Someone's watching us..."
Resisting the instinctive urge to bolt, they instead do as Met had taught them and hold their ground, fighting every cell in their bodies.
"W-who's there?" Joey calls somewhat shakily, glancing briefly to Met and Jake for guidance and support.
"really?" Met asked before addressing the unseen presence. "Hello. You can come out,you don't need to be afraid of us..." he started before looking at Cooper and Bandit, having not gotten to know them that well. "Um, I'm pretty sure at least..."

"I'm safe with them and I'm tiny," Maria added in.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"That was great." Namine said, giggling at what Joey and Jake said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Um...s-sorry guys" Storm said , slowly walked out from behind the wall , with an an apologetic , sheepish smile "Didn't mean to scare you , I was just erm , I'm new here , so you know"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos look between the lioness and the lion. In the absence of a mane, it takes them a few moments to click that she and Met are the same species. Given that she's not a dingo, the roos relax again
"It's okay. We're prey species so we just spook easily. Plus we're still not used to being pets... Anyway, hi! I'm Jake and this is my brother-"
"Joey. Why don't you have a mane like Me- Ow!"
"Joey! Be polite!"
"I mean, nice to meet you and welcome to Exotic Acres." Joey rubs his elbowed ribs ruefully, still wondering about Storm's lack of a mane.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"that means you heard what we said already huh? even so im Cooper" "and im bandit" the two snow leopards said before bowing politley
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Heh , thanks guys , for the welcome and all , I'm Storm , and it's nice to meet you all ,Jack , Joey , Cooper and....Bandit" The lioness smiled , though a little puzzled at the name . She then turned to Met , but before she could have a proper greetings , the cat noticed the way the kangaroo brothers looked at her
"um...is there something on my face or....something ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Jake." corrects the older roo automatically.
serence ice fox wrote:"um...is there something on my face or....something ?"
"Uh, no." Jake elbows Joey again. "Stop staring!" he hisses.
"I'm not! You stop staring!" Joey hisses back, returning the elbow.
"You're the one staring!"
"Am not!"
"Are too!" After a brief sparring match involving both boxing and heavy kicks from the hind paws while balancing on tails, the roos agree that they had both been staring and then turn back to the assembled pets slightly awkwardly.
"Er..."
"Yeah..."
"Anyway..." Both roos simultaneously reach up and scratch the backs of their necks with their right paws.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"so why dont you guys show us around or something since were new to town?" cooper said
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Er..."
"Sure."
"Okay."
"Whaddayou-"
"Wanna see?" query the roos, looking between each other and the other assembled pets.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"How about we take them to some of the shops here?" Naminè suggested.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure!"
"We can try out our money again!"
"The humans really like it when you give them that stuff." explains Joey sagely.
"Yeah. Geoff gives us what he calls an allowance, except it's actually money, not an allowance, whatever that is." Jake is more than a little naive and confused about the various terms.
"Yeah, odd that. Geoff is much nicer than Harry ever was though. I guess some humans are okay after all."
"Yeah, I guess."
"We grew up in the wild. We've only lived-"
"With humans for a moon and a bit now. So we're still learning." the roos explain for the benefit of the new pets.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Oh I see , so that's why you guys are a little confused about things huh ?"
Hotep the psychic

bandit and cooper looked at each other. "do you two even know about the different sports and games?" cooper asked
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, I guess, Storm.
"Oh, we know a couple, Cooper."
"Yeah. like Aussie Rules Footy, Kickie, Whacky, and that one with the heavy balls that you throw at the white things 'cause that's like one we have at home with sticks and mud." Kickie and Whacky are the kangaroos' versions of Hackey Sack and Cricket, although they've no idea that the humans call them anything different.
"Yeah, and Met showed us some video games. They were fun once we worked out how to handle the controller."
"Yeah, you sucked at them though, Jake."
"I was no worse than you! And I managed to stay on the road for a whole lap once!" Jake pokes his tongue out at his brother.
"Hmmph. So, do you guys know many games and sports then?" Joey queries, looking at Bandit and Cooper.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

The two looked at each other thoughtfully, "Futbole, tag, many different video games, cops and robbers, and um..."few other sports and our own games"
The two then looked at the kangaroos. " Actually a game of soccer does sound like fun right now" Cooper said as bandit nodded
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Soccer huh ? well yeah I guess it would be fun to watch"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Soccer?"
"What's soccer?"
"Sounds like a punch-up."
"Yeah..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"we can show you, is there a field here?" bandit asked curiously
"wow from Australia and don't know soccer? Have you heard of the team....Newcastle jets? Or the Socceroos? Adelaide United?"Cooper asked the food before opening the zipper in his collar to access the pocket and grab his phone. He began tapping the screen searching up the team's to show videos.
ImageImageImage