HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Shirosune

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"It can be," Soren said, "though, the lightning was only because I wasn't careful enough about what I was doing." He saw that people ordered at a central counter and walked up to it. After looking over the menu, he got a cheeseburger hoagie. "I'm sure I'd be fine in a storm."
Having made his choice from what was on the menu, Casper walked up and order and grilled chicken wrap, with just a bite of lettuce tomato in it, asking them to leave off everything else. "I had meant that as a joke actually." He noted at a quieter volume before shrugging it off and shaking his head. "Science aside, what else do you like doing?" The fox questioned in an attempt to jump the subject away from his failure of a joke.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"That's really it" Soren said, "that's my life. I like recording science, computers, movies... I like exploring a lot. Snow Leopards are natural climbers and for a while I was out by a mountain, so, I learned to climb and do a lot." He sat with his hoagie and took a bite and a few chips.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

musclecar326 wrote:Alright, sounds good. Speedy said to Van. Ahhh, Tesla what are you doing?
Tesla's ears fell the second her name was said. "(40)Uh... Hiding?" She said, staying behind the cover of those around her.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"That's really it" Soren said, "that's my life. I like recording science, computers, movies... I like exploring a lot. Snow Leopards are natural climbers and for a while I was out by a mountain, so, I learned to climb and do a lot." He sat with his hoagie and took a bite and a few chips.
Casper simply 'hmm'd as he sat down across from Soren, he took a bite of his wrap as he thought over what he'd just been told before swallowing and responding. "You can't really say 'that's really it' when it comes to science then, there are at least couple of other things after all." The fox noted simply before taking another quick bite before continuing. "Still, from the sounds of it, you'd probably enjoy free running."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Free running?" Soren asked, taking a drink and then another bite of his hoagie. "what's that?"
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

"It's sort of like parkour, if you're familiar with that at all, the big difference being the focus of it." The fox began, taking gulp from his drink before going on. "They both focus on moving through urban environments in non-typical fashions, but where parkour is focused on the how, free running is focused on the where." Casper paused at this point to consider how to better explain it, after a moment he nodded to himself, taking another quick gulp from his drink and continuing on. "To put it another way, in parkour, the 'where' of it doesn't matter so long as you can put together a run and preform tricks, in this mind set the urban area becomes a playground with no beginning and no end. But in free running, the 'where' is everything, where you are is your start, where you want to be is where you end, in this mind set the urban area is a set of vertical obstacles to be over come, your goal is get from 'A' to 'B' in the straightest horizontal line you can, and to enjoy doing it."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"So, basically climbing to get around objects and moving as quickly as possible between two points" the cat summarized as he finished the hoagie and chips. "It sounds kinda fun... Though I'm not sure how much people would like us doing that sort of thing around here... I could I guess try it crossed the top of my house and maybe finding a neighbor or two who don't mind us trying to get onto their houses from mine... Though, maybe we could climb on the pubic buildings in town.. maybe."
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Leafolawl wrote:
musclecar326 wrote:Alright, sounds good. Speedy said to Van. Ahhh, Tesla what are you doing?
Tesla's ears fell the second her name was said. "(40)Uh... Hiding?" She said, staying behind the cover of those around her.
Why, are you hiding? Van won't hurt you. She said to Tesla. Will you? Speedy asked Vanator.
Yes, I am a furry.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"So, basically climbing to get around objects and moving as quickly as possible between two points" the cat summarized as he finished the hoagie and chips. "It sounds kinda fun... Though I'm not sure how much people would like us doing that sort of thing around here... I could I guess try it crossed the top of my house and maybe finding a neighbor or two who don't mind us trying to get onto their houses from mine... Though, maybe we could climb on the pubic buildings in town.. maybe."
"Just a thought, not anything you have to do." Casper answered back before finishing off his own meal. "Don't suppose that phone of yours has a list of interesting places to check out, does it?"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Anything google maps has" Soren said, taking the phone out and loading up maps. He slid it over for the fox to look over it. "See if you can find anything you wanna see." The cat as really curious to try this free-running thing. He had really liked mountain climbing and all. Maybe this is like it.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

"Hmm, well not much around really..." Casper noted as he looked the map over. After minute of though though, he zoomed in on a spot not far from where they were at the moment before sliding the phone back Soren. "It isn't exactly ideal for it, but if you want to give free-running a try, that looks like an okay place. If nothing else, it should allow you to get a feel for what's involved."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Okay" the cat said, picking up his phone, turning off the screen and slipping it into his collar as he stood. "Lets go." He headed for the door.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Snowy still had the group following him, when he decided to stop at the park. Ok, group before we go into the forest section. Let's stop at the Fun park of EA. He said as he walked across the street into the entrance.
Yes, I am a furry.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"Okay" the cat said, picking up his phone, turning off the screen and slipping it into his collar as he stood. "Lets go." He headed for the door.
Casper nodded before grabbing the trays and tossing the garbage from the two's meal, leaving the trays in the designated spot before following the snow leopard. "I'll give the place a proper look over once we get there, and see if I can set up a good 'training run' to help you get a feel for the pace and flow of free-running." The fox said as he caught up to Soren. "That should at least give you the chance to see if it's for you or not."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Alright" Soren said, "I think it probably is, it sounds fun." He looked at the buildings as they passed them by. His mind still had the goal of, 'know the town' in mind. "I wonder if this can be done with trees. There's plenty around here."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan followed quickly behind Snowy, but not before giving a quick wave to his father across the way who responded with wave back.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

musclecar326 wrote:Snowy still had the group following him, when he decided to stop at the park. Ok, group before we go into the forest section. Let's stop at the Fun park of EA. He said as he walked across the street into the entrance.
Joe followed behind ryan, fun park? What's that?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Malkus

Post by Malkus »

musclecar326 wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:
Why, are you hiding? Van won't hurt you. She said to Tesla. Will you? Speedy asked Vanator.
Van shook his head, cocking his head to get a better look at the small canine. "No...I won't hurt you. I don't eat other canines. Deer, sure. Cow steaks...definitely. The occasional squirrel or mole....yeah." he said to Tesla, addressing her directly.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"Alright" Soren said, "I think it probably is, it sounds fun." He looked at the buildings as they passed them by. His mind still had the goal of, 'know the town' in mind. "I wonder if this can be done with trees. There's plenty around here."
"Doubtful." Capser responded rather bluntly to the idea as he kept pace with the snow leopard. "Not impossible, but still doubtful." The fox continued as he looked ahead toward what Soren's phone had listed as the 'Fun Park', keeping most of his mind focused on finding any workable routes that wouldn't be too hard, but still effective for learning and understanding the idea of free-running. "Trees have this bad habit of growing their branches in inconsistent ways, with little to no true flow. To find a proper run amidst the tree tops you'd either need to be a genius or completely insane...or both." At this point the fox paused for a moment, look rather thoughtful before shrugging and adding as an after thought. "Well, that or extremely lucky."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Well, I build large, complex objects of physics and I'm crazy enough to stand in the cage when they fire" Soren said, "does that count?" He looked up ahead as they came up on the park. "Besides, any sort of flow is a flow."
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Seth wrote:
musclecar326 wrote:Snowy still had the group following him, when he decided to stop at the park. Ok, group before we go into the forest section. Let's stop at the Fun park of EA. He said as he walked across the street into the entrance.
Joe followed behind ryan, fun park? What's that?
It's a big playground for pets. With large sized equipment. A rock wall for climbing, and a big open space to play around in. Snowy explained as they approached the equipment. See? There is some monkey bars, a few slides, some swings, and some other normal stuff to climb on. Snowy continued as he went straight for the swings.
Yes, I am a furry.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Malkus wrote:Van shook his head, cocking his head to get a better look at the small canine. "No...I won't hurt you. I don't eat other canines. Deer, sure. Cow steaks...definitely. The occasional squirrel or mole....yeah." he said to Tesla, addressing her directly.
"(70)I don't like to run that risk, initially." Tesla said, stepping only slightly out of concealment.
Love me right now! Done.
Malkus

Post by Malkus »

Leafolawl wrote:
Malkus wrote:Van shook his head, cocking his head to get a better look at the small canine. "No...I won't hurt you. I don't eat other canines. Deer, sure. Cow steaks...definitely. The occasional squirrel or mole....yeah." he said to Tesla, addressing her directly.
"(70)I don't like to run that risk, initially." Tesla said, stepping only slightly out of concealment.
Van nodded. "Of course. It is always a good thing to be cautious." Van locked his collar back around his neck, his snacks safely secure inside their little pouch.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

musclecar326 wrote:It's a big playground for pets. With large sized equipment. A rock wall for climbing, and a big open space to play around in. Snowy explained as they approached the equipment. See? There is some monkey bars, a few slides, some swings, and some other normal stuff to climb on. Snowy continued as he went straight for the swings.
"I've never been to a fun park," Met said, still following Snowy. "I hope its name isn't ironic."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan kept up with Snowy, seeing the park a little bit away a little amazed by it, and loving the open area and equipment.

"I'm sure it'll be fun"
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"Well, I build large, complex objects of physics and I'm crazy enough to stand in the cage when they fire" Soren said, "does that count?" He looked up ahead as they came up on the park. "Besides, any sort of flow is a flow."
"It doesn't take a genius to build a machine or device that someone else has designed before you." Casper returned in answer to the first part of Soren's first question. "True that it takes someone of high intellect, but not a genius. I'm not saying you aren't one mind you, just that what you do doesn't make you one by default. As to the crazy part...I suppose you might have that one checked off, but by the same note, most everyone in this world does to some level or another; whether or not they're willing to admit it. Just a matter of being 'crazy enough' in regards to that, and really, you're the only one that can decide whether or not you are when it comes down to it." The fox continued as the two reached the fun park, glancing it over and smirking. It was really better suited to parkour, but he could already see a few options for decent free-runs as well.

"Oh, and in reply to your latter comment concerning flow, while that is true, you also have to take into consideration whether or not that flow can be followed safely. While it is true, that by it's very nature, free-running holds a certain amount of inherent danger, it is also true that it is not meant to be a daredevil's endeavor, safety should always be forthright in your mind as you run." He explained as he continued to look over the park, deciding exactly where to start Soren as he continued on. "Too large a gap to be jumped, too narrow an opening to squeeze through, too weak a branch to move across without it breaking, and many other possible problems besides." Casper began to elaborate on just what he meant by that as he began putting the last few elements of the run together in his head.

"There is simply so much that can prevent a solid and relatively safe run when dealing with trees, that the chances of successfully putting together such a run are statistically lower than accidentally getting struck by naturally occurring lightning twice in one lifetime. Again, not an impossible thing, just highly, highly unlikely...and similarly to getting struck by lightning, something I'd personally prefer to avoid and would advise against." The white furred vulpine finished his explanation just as he finished deciding what he'd do as an example run for Soren. He began to stretch a bit so he could run it first to let the snow leopard see what to do, before letting the big cat try it himself. "Anyway, I've got a decent beginner's run mapped already, it isn't anything too grand, but it'll give you a feel for it and give me an idea of how difficult a run I can safely set up for you afterward if you decide you want to try something harder. So whenever you feel ready I'll show you the run, and then you can try it if you want."
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I've never been to a fun park," Met said, still following Snowy. "I hope its name isn't ironic."
Oh, it shouldn't be. Considering me and speedy were the ones who tried it out after it was built. Snowy told Met while he started to swing.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Shirosune wrote:
"It doesn't take a genius to build a machine or device that someone else has designed before you." Casper returned in answer to the first part of Soren's first question. "True that it takes someone of high intellect, but not a genius. I'm not saying you aren't one mind you, just that what you do doesn't make you one by default. As to the crazy part...I suppose you might have that one checked off, but by the same note, most everyone in this world does to some level or another; whether or not they're willing to admit it. Just a matter of being 'crazy enough' in regards to that, and really, you're the only one that can decide whether or not you are when it comes down to it." The fox continued as the two reached the fun park, glancing it over and smirking. It was really better suited to parkour, but he could already see a few options for decent free-runs as well.

"Oh, and in reply to your latter comment concerning flow, while that is true, you also have to take into consideration whether or not that flow can be followed safely. While it is true, that by it's very nature, free-running holds a certain amount of inherent danger, it is also true that it is not meant to be a daredevil's endeavor, safety should always be forthright in your mind as you run." He explained as he continued to look over the park, deciding exactly where to start Soren as he continued on. "Too large a gap to be jumped, too narrow an opening to squeeze through, too weak a branch to move across without it breaking, and many other possible problems besides." Casper began to elaborate on just what he meant by that as he began putting the last few elements of the run together in his head.

"There is simply so much that can prevent a solid and relatively safe run when dealing with trees, that the chances of successfully putting together such a run are statistically lower than accidentally getting struck by naturally occurring lightning twice in one lifetime. Again, not an impossible thing, just highly, highly unlikely...and similarly to getting struck by lightning, something I'd personally prefer to avoid and would advise against." The white furred vulpine finished his explanation just as he finished deciding what he'd do as an example run for Soren. He began to stretch a bit so he could run it first to let the snow leopard see what to do, before letting the big cat try it himself. "Anyway, I've got a decent beginner's run mapped already, it isn't anything too grand, but it'll give you a feel for it and give me an idea of how difficult a run I can safely set up for you afterward if you decide you want to try something harder. So whenever you feel ready I'll show you the run, and then you can try it if you want."
The cat followed along until about the point of statistics and lightning... He wasn't a rocket scientist, but that data seemed off. He could picture some pretty clear paths through trees and lightning statistics were location-dependent. If your at sea or in the desert, your odds are much closer to 100 than to 0. The electricity will hit the tallest object in its quickest route to ground. He took out his phone and made a note to crunch the numbers on that later.

"It seems simple enough" the cat said, examining the park. He visualized just running and leaping over things. It didn't seem like it would be at all hard. It certainly couldn't be any worse than the number of things he officially hadn't done in the name of science... Like jumping and falling down a mountainside as a storm raged overhead. "Lets get started."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Casper nodded to Soren and turned back toward the equipment in the park, his hand twitching reflexively as he noticed the equipment was actually in use by others. "Well...this complicates matters somewhat..." The fox muttered lowly with a deadpanned look. "I think we might have to wait a little bit...it...wouldn't exactly be safe to make the run while the equipment is in use..."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"We've still got trees?" the cat offered, "it can't be that hard to do this with trees." He looked up at one nearby and climbed straight up into it. "We just need to find the right path, perhaps a relatively straight line with movement up and down to hit branches as needed?"
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Malkus wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:
Van nodded. "Of course. It is always a good thing to be cautious." Van locked his collar back around his neck, his snacks safely secure inside their little pouch.

Being cautious is never a bad thing, but too much of it can be. Speedy said Van, and Tesla. Alright so on to some shopping right? She asked while throwing away her food box.
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan looked around the playground, trying to not forget the others but he loved playgrounds, and after he had made a full round around several pieces of equipment he rounded back to the group, hopping onto a nearby swing

"Wow, I havn't been on a playground since Russia, though this is four times as good!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

musclecar326 wrote:Oh, it shouldn't be. Considering me and speedy were the ones who tried it out after it was built. Snowy told Met while he started to swing.
"Then I guess I'll trust your judgement," Met said as he sat on the swing and began to... swing.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Malkus

Post by Malkus »

musclecar326 wrote:
Malkus wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:"(70)I don't like to run that risk, initially." Tesla said, stepping only slightly out of concealment.

Being cautious is never a bad thing, but too much of it can be. Speedy said Van, and Tesla. Alright so on to some shopping right? She asked while throwing away her food box.
"Sounds good to me. My dad just gave me my allowance, so I'm stocked up on cash." said Van. "I need a new book. I'm nearly done with this one." he fingered his copy of Paradise Lost.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm good with some shopping, just... I get a little weird around shiny things and music. Could you make sure I don't try to steal anything," Maria said, hanging her head a bit.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Malkus wrote:
Musclecar326 wrote:Being cautious is never a bad thing, but too much of it can be. Speedy said Van, and Tesla. Alright so on to some shopping right? She asked while throwing away her food box.
"Sounds good to me. My dad just gave me my allowance, so I'm stocked up on cash." said Van. "I need a new book. I'm nearly done with this one." he fingered his copy of Paradise Lost.
"(20)I'll be as cautious as I please..." Tesla whispered to herself, casting what Speedy had said aside as if it was fishing line. "(60)So, where were you hoping to go to shop?" She asked, hoping to avoid anywhere unnecessarily loud.
Love me right now! Done.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm good with some shopping, just... I get a little weird around shiny things and music. Could you make sure I don't try to steal anything," Maria said, hanging her head a bit.
I'll make sure, that that doesn't happen, Maria. Speedy said to her.
Leafolawl wrote:"(20)I'll be as cautious as I please..." Tesla whispered to herself, casting what Speedy had said aside as if it was fishing line. "(60)So, where were you hoping to go to shop?" She asked, hoping to avoid anywhere unnecessarily loud.
While, Malkus needs a new book, so we'll go there first. I also want to check up on my request for a book. Then we can go to the pet store, so you can see all the toys they have there. Then if we still want to continue we can head to the clothing store. Speedy told the group as she stood up.
----------------------------------------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Then I guess I'll trust your judgement," Met said as he sat on the swing and began to... swing.
Snowy was having fun with his new friends, then glanced to his left. Hey... He said then jumped off his swing landing on the ground almost 10 feet away. Look at those animals over there! Snowy said to Met, Ryan, Joe, Lux, and Nox.
Yes, I am a furry.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"We've still got trees?" the cat offered, "it can't be that hard to do this with trees." He looked up at one nearby and climbed straight up into it. "We just need to find the right path, perhaps a relatively straight line with movement up and down to hit branches as needed?"
Casper's hand twitched slightly as the snow leopard began to climb right up a tree, the fox did his best to stay calm despite what he was currently feeling as he opened his mouth to speak. "Did you miss what I said before? Or is that you're trying to get yourself hurt?" He called toward Soren as his fur began to bristle slightly, an edge of both worry and annoyance in his voice. "I know there isn't really anyway for me to stop you from trying this if you really want to, but I wasn't making things up before when I told you about the chances involved. As it stands it doesn't take a whole lot for a run to go south Soren, and it takes even less when you're dealing with natural elements like trees." The fox continued on, hoping at least some of this was getting through to the feline. "One rotten or weak branch or tree, one loose bit of bark, one gust of wind at just the wrong moment or even an error in judgement on your part and then it all ends very very badly. So I'll say this once more in hopes that you listen. That is a very, very bad idea."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"The hazards you list are only hazards if I rush, I'll go slow" Soren said, moving onto a branch on all fours, "besides that, my species naturally tends towards climbing AND, these are small trees. So long as I don't land on my head or have a tree fall on me, there will be no significant injuries."

He moved out and looked for a good tree to jump into. The neighboring ones were close enough to walk onto their branches really. After a bit of shifting, he jumped and suceeded in the first move.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan was currently on the top of the play fortress, looking around the area, having the time of his life and enjoying the view. Then when Snowy had spotted other pets Ryan, waas a little hesitant to get down, still unsure about new pets but seeing as how he'd already met these new friends he might as well make some more, so with that he quickly hopped down from the top, swinging and jumping to get back down to earth until he was able to get near Snowy.