HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Mr. K rolled to a nearby desk in the xray room. He booted up the computer screen causing two printers to turn on in sync. "Film and digital. As needed......contact owner. ...password" he thought as he did several things at once. He held then phone at his ear hearing the receiver ringing while the xray machine buzzed to life. He rolled to the door and gave a sign to geoff saying he was ready. "yes hello this is Dr. K at the vetrinary clinic in town. I wanted to let you know that one of your lets is in here after sustaining a fall injury." mr k said into the phone
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah listened to each question and provided an answer for each.

"We were looking for a place to go. I climbed a tree to get a better view and the branch I was standing on snapped. It wasn't very far, maybe a few feet, but I did land flat on my chest. There is not mush pain anywhere else, just my ribs and my head feels fine. I was limping in here because I had dived to save my brother from getting hurt from a fall himself, but my leg is fine."
---
Mario quickly regained his balance after being moved by the turn of the roos head. He lays on his stomach over his shoulder, gripping lightly until he can pull himself back up. Getting his footing, Mario climbed back on to the roos shoulder.

"Careful, young Aussie. I'm small and quick, but I don't want to take any chances."

Mario took to scratching his neck like a feral. He used his back paw to scratch at the offending itch.
---
Maria's hand picked up the phone, looking at a book at the same time.

"Hello. Cu'cua residence."
Hotep the psychic wrote:"yes hello this is Dr. K at the vetrinary clinic in town. I wanted to let you know that one of your lets is in here after sustaining a fall injury."
Maria shifted a bit and set the book down in her lap, looking toward the phone in confusion. She waved over Luther.

"Thank you. We'll be there right away."

Maria hung up the phone and stood up, putting on her boots.

"What happened, meu amor?" (my love)

"One of the pets got hurt, mio marito." (my husband)

Luther sighed and put on his boots as well before the two left and began to walk to the clinic.
Last edited by Mickey on Sat May 16, 2015 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika turned to look at Herodotus, who had drifted off to sleep on one of the clinic's chairs. "Uh, we eat meat, but our dad gets it from the store for us." She watched as the kangaroo nearly knocked, well, she didn't know what, off his shoulder. "Er, can I ask what you are, I-I mean who, who you are?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Met, where is Europe? Is it a big country?"
"It's actually a continent," Met answered. "Which is a lot of countries on the same land mass, and it is big."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

A little confused as to why Met didn't answer her , Storm didn't know what else to do but to follow the rest . Was she really that awkward ? Or was he simply didn't notice her speaking ?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Me? Well, young one, I am Mario. A degu from India. Degus are small mouse-like creature. We are intelligent and often make good pets if you can care for us properly."

Mario chuckles and nods to her.

"And you are European Polecats. I've seen a few of you on our family travels. Your species is quite nice, closely related to ferrets."

Mario's attention is turned away from Laika and turned the door. He smiled greatly when he saw who had walked in. Jumping from Jakes shoulder, Mario swung on the string of Maria's hat and landed on her head.

"Madame Maria! Lord Luther!"

"Mario!"

Removing him from her hat, Maria checked him over for injuries. Finding none, she handed him off to Luther and they walked over to the desk. Having been through this several times, the two jotted their names down on the paper.

"Where's your sister?"

"That room."

The two adults poked their heads through the doorway, Delilah smiling at them when they walked in fully.

"Madame Maria! Lord Luther! I would hug you, but I hurt my chest."

"Oh, Delilah! We always tell you to be careful," Maria barked at the dhole.

"I know and I'm sorry."

"It's alright, sweetheart. Just please be more careful," Luther said, softening a bit as he smiled at her.

They both kissed her forehead before walking back out to the lobby. Finally noticing the other pets, the two humans stopped walking. Mario, confused, looked down over the brim of Maria's hat and his face became one of annoyance. Being explorers and seeing all kinds of animals in different regions, Maria and Luther naturally loved animals. They watched them and took pictures, but never got close in fear of scaring the animals. So when the chance presented itself, and it certainly did with domestic exotic animals, the two literally jumped at it. Maria was more concerned with messing with Met's mane and checking his paws. Luther was examining both roos carefully, much to the annoyance of the jostling Mario. Hoping to the Jake's shoulder, the degu leaned against his cheek and sat down. He watched as his owners went from Met to Storm and from Jake and Joey to Lakia and Herodotus, who Luther was careful of because he was sleeping and his leg looked a bit hurt. He sighed and face-pawed at the two smiling and laughing explorers.

"Apologies. It was the first thing they did when we followed them home and didn't leave when they told us to."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hotep the psychic

Bandit and cooper sat behind the desk hiding a bit. The two snow leopards watching what happened, there eyes and ears showing just above the desk line. They said nothing, just watched and listened.
ImageImageImage
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika watched as Mario's owners went from pet to pet looking them over, when they got to her she let them look her over, "It's alright, I'll enjoy the attention." She looked over the human that was looking over her before she noticed Luther looking over Herodotus's leg, "He's always had that, it's the reason we're both pets." Herodotus woke up with due to an uncomfortable feeling, he looked up to find some person looking him over, "Hrm."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mickey wrote:Maria was more concerned with messing with Met's mane and checking his paws.
Oh, umm... alright Met thought, deciding to just go with what was happening.
Mickey wrote:"Apologies. It was the first thing they did when we followed them home and didn't leave when they told us to."
\
"No problem, it sort of comes with being an exotic pet," Met said.
"He's just glad they skipped the being scared part," Maria joked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As the human approaches the two roos instinctively turn away slightly and as he continues towards them they find themselves forced into the corner. Hearts thumping and eyes rolling they desperately search for an escape route as they're poked and prodded. Jake finds himself instinctively balancing on his tail and raising his powerful hind limbs tipped with lethal claws in preparation for a strike.
"Uh, Met-" Before Joey can finish his request for help the man turns to the polecats. Jake lowers his paws to the floor again and the two roos sigh in relief before bounding to the opposite side of the waiting area, their heavy footfalls shaking the shelves of pet supplies. Although he's gotten the roos used to being handled by himself and Sue, Geoff has never cornered them nor pressured them as this new human has done so the twins have no idea how to react. Additionally, Geoff's practise sessions had always been geared towards enabling him to get close enough to treat them so they'd never yet been poked, prodded or petted and they'd found the experience unsettling and uncomfortable. In their fear they've forgotten entirely about Mario and they glance nervously between the humans and the door, their hearts still thudding as they pant.

~~~~~~~~
In the consult room, Geoff, who had been examining the leg to ensure there's no damage, stands stunned by the intrusion and staring at the door through which the pair of humans had just entered and left, oblivious to the fact that his hands are still squeezing Delilah's leg just above the knee.
"...What just happened?" he demands eventually.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario watched in completely and utter fear as Jake raises on his tail, but sighs loudly as Luther switches pets. Seeing their nervousness and fear, Mario was quick to grip Jake's shoulder as hard as he could without hurting the roo or himself. Mario, of course, flew off, but the degu landed in the chair safely. Shaking his head, he looked up at his still excited owners. He opened his mouth to say something, but shut it after few seconds.
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hearing the commotion cause by the Roos , Storm poke her head through the door to check whatever was happening inside
"Excuse me ?" She asked "Is everything alright in here ?"
Hotep the psychic

Bandit and cooper still hid as they watched the two excited owners. There eyes poking out from the top of the reception desk.ACHOO bandit sneezed causing cooper to facepalm. He ducked away as bandit stood a bit and sneezed again as he found alot of dust in the air. He shook himself off before sitting down again

Mr. K moved around the x ray room. Now that he had everything in the correct fashion and ready to use he went and told geoff
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:Hearing the commotion cause by the Roos , Storm poke her head through the door to check whatever was happening inside
"Excuse me ?" She asked "Is everything alright in here ?"
"Well, most of us are alright," Met answered as he moved towards the roos. "Are you guys going to be alright?" he asked. "I know you're still not big on strange humans touching you."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Alright! That's it!"

Mario growled and took a deep breath.

"Maria! Luther! Get over here NOW!"

The two humans, who were about to mess with Bandit and Cooper, jumped and turned to the fuming degu. His face was red and his orange eyes would been to, if possible. They walked over and knelt in front of the chair. Luther tilted his head a spoke first.

"Yes, Mario?"

"What! Are! You doing!"

"Looking at the pets...."

"Well, Maria! You two scared those kangaroos horribly! Now, please stay over here while I try to fix this."

Maria and Luther nod and sit in the other chairs while Mario jumps from the knee he's in. A small *pwip* noise fills the air as Mario hops and uses acrobatics to get over to a shelf at the roos eye level.

"Hello! Young roos, listen to me. Everything is going to be ok. I apologize about my owners, but they meant no harm. They just got really excited about being able to interact with exotic pets."

Mario swung onto Met's shoulder. He climbed up onto his muzzle and looked the roos in the eye.

"They mean you no harm. Much like Delilah didn't when you first met. They don't want to hurt you."
------------------------------------------------
"Those were my owners, Maria and Luther! They mean no harm to anyone! Mario probably followed my scent to this room."

Delilah was wondering if the two humans would cause any trouble, but her thoughts were interrupted by the hand on her leg. He had been holding on for a while now and it was starting to hurt a bit. Delilah sighed and reached over, tapping the doctor on his shoulder.

"I believe my leg is fine."
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika watched as the two kangaroos back off to the opposite side of the waiting area, Herodotus did the same. Now that he was a little bit more awake he made his way back to Laika, "Er, so what happened?" Laika looked at him and smiled, "A lot sleepy head." Herodotus looked around the room, "Well, no need for us to be a bother right now." So they waited patiently for the kangaroos to be calmed down.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

(Thanks Civil!)

E was walking toward the clinic, more so following the scent of his owners. He had three collars in his hand, one smaller than the other two. They were all beige in color and had golden tags respectively read "DLC" "MMC" "ENC".

"Them two always forget their collars. They're gonna get arrested and sent to that one jail place for pets. Oi, what am I gonna do?"

E shook his head and opened the clinic door. He stopped a second to look at all the pets, breaking out of his shock when he spotted his "older" brother. He noticed his parents and tossed them the collar with the DLC tag. Clicking his own collar around his neck, E walks up and grabs Mario of the shelf. He expertly puts the collar on him and sets him back where he was.

"You kookaburra! You should know that collars are a policy!"

E threw his hands and sighed. He removed the holster and began digging through it, pulling out a bag of sliced apples.

"A family of vegetarians, that's us."

E smiled as he walked back over to his owners, sitting firm and pulling out a sketch book and a pencil. He pulled his knees to his chest and took a look at the roos. He smiled and put the pencil to the paper.

"Oh, he couldn't have come at a worse time. Where is Delilah when I need her?"
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With the familiar voices and the humans now sitting the roos do feel somewhat calmer. They're about to say something when E pushes past Storm. It's a familiar scent, a familiar sight and a familiar accent. This time there's no doubt in the roos' mind.
"DINGOOooo!!!" The front entrance blocked by lioness, the roos bolt down the hallway as Geoff has told them they can do, their voices fading into the distance as they go. Thumping past Mr. K and making the x-ray machine shake, the roos burst out the back door and into the small grassed pen where they'd recovered after their first encounter with Geoff. This area to them, although enclosed, is familiar and safe, and it's here that they begin to relax a little.
"Sheesh!"
"We can't get away from them!"

~~~~@@@~~~~
"Oh, sorry!" Geoff releases the leg. "I'm just not used to having people just walk in her-" The vet is cut off by the roos rushing past outside.
"Uh oh... Wait here, I'll be right back." With that, Geoff heads out the front.
""Er, Met... Could you go check on the roos please? They'll be in the pen - you know where I mean. They trust you so you're more likely to be able to calm them more than I. And as for you two, Delilah's owners, I presume? I'm Geoff Kingston, the vet here. Please come through so we can talk properly."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Bandit and Cooper peak out from the front desk as they watch the roos run, the two cats blinking confused s they did not see the dingo. Mr. K checks the fray machine seeing it okay.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Dingo? ...Elliot!"

Delilah facepaws and her first instinct is to stand and walk out, but she remembers her injured rib. She bites her nails bite as her mind races between the two options. She growls as She falls backwards and stares at the ceiling, the jingle of the silver accessories. She eyes the bracelets on her arms and the ring on her finger, slowly glancing up at the earrings. Her blue eyes shimmered and a smile grew on her face.
--------------------
E and Mario watched as the roos ran off, the degu hoping over to his brother. Maria and Luther are busy introducing themselves.

"I'm Maria and this is my husband, Luther."

"Ello!"

"What did you wish to discuss?"

Meanwhile, Mario was concerned with the sudden paper airplane at his feet. He opened it and began reading the hurried writing.

"Mario...I need...your....help. Bring...a...wheelchair."

Mario looked confused, but Delilah was asking for something. He tapped E's head and pointed at the note. The dingo was confused, but he started reading when he pointed again, more furiously. Mario traversed down E and crawled under a door and came back out after a few seconds.

"Open that door."

E unsheathed his claws and began to pick the lock. It opened and he grabbed a folded wheelchair after Mario pointed to them. He began walking toward the humans again, stashing the chair behind him.

"Mum, Da, I'm gonna visit Delilah. Mario's gonna show me."

He shifted the chair to his front and chuckled add he walked passed them. Before either could say anything, E had booked it down the hallway and into the room that Mario yelled into his ear. Delilah smiled at the sight of her brothers. E fixed the chair and loaded Delilah onto it. Delilah sniffed at the air brute pointing down the hallway at a door. E pushed her down it quickly and opened the door, pushing her inside and departing with Mario. Delilah looked at the roos.

"Is everything alright? I saw you run by."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

it took a few moments for Storm to be able to know what just happened , and even then she wasn't even sure , but still , might be best to chase , erm , no , follow the roos , so that's what she did , hoping they wouldn't be scared by her and run away again
"Guys ! Wait ! What happened ?" she called
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:With the familiar voices and the humans now sitting the roos do feel somewhat calmer. They're about to say something when E pushes past Storm. It's a familiar scent, a familiar sight and a familiar accent. This time there's no doubt in the roos' mind.
"DINGOOooo!!!" The front entrance blocked by lioness, the roos bolt down the hallway as Geoff has told them they can do, their voices fading into the distance as they go. Thumping past Mr. K and making the x-ray machine shake, the roos burst out the back door and into the small grassed pen where they'd recovered after their first encounter with Geoff. This area to them, although enclosed, is familiar and safe, and it's here that they begin to relax a little.
"Sheesh!"
"We can't get away from them!"
Met saw the new pet out of the corner of his eyes. he couldn't tell the exact species, but the accent and the Roos reaction soon gave hom a pretty good idea that this was not a good thing.
Hlaoroo wrote:""Er, Met... Could you go check on the roos please? They'll be in the pen - you know where I mean. They trust you so you're more likely to be able to calm them more than I.
"Yeah, I'll go," he replied, heading to calm the Roos down.
serence ice fox wrote:it took a few moments for Storm to be able to know what just happened , and even then she wasn't even sure , but still , might be best to chase , erm , no , follow the roos , so that's what she did , hoping they wouldn't be scared by her and run away again
"Guys ! Wait ! What happened ?" she called
"Dingoes are their natural enemies," Met said, going slightly faster than Storm and passing her. "and one just walked in. So they're afraid. I can usually calm them down, but I'm not so sure this time."

as he got to the back door he pushed it open slowly. "Jake, Joey, It's me," he said, to let them know they were safe. "Storm's here too."
he didn't notice Delilah at first, he just went right to the Roos. "I know you're scared, and all your natural instincts tell you to be scared of dingos. but this is a pet dingo. pets are incredibly different from their wild counterparts."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah moved out of the way of the entering lion and slowly rolling toward the roos. She looked at them.

"Listen, my friends. I know you are frightened, but Elliot will not hurt you. Much like me, he doesn't eat meat. He literally cannot bring himself to hurt another animal. It was because of this that he's with us now, as a pet and as my brother. Like I, he didn't harm you when you first met, he had no intention to. Everything is going to be alright, especially since I'm here. I won't let anything hurt you."

Delilah stood, but the best of her ability, and took Jake's paw. She looked into his eyes and smiled.

"Anything."

Delilah's eyes shimmer a bit. She leans over a places a kiss on Jake's cheek. She smiles again and sits back down in the chair.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos' eyeballs nearly jump out of their heads as the dingo enters their safe area but before they can react he disappears again and the lions enter. Seeing Met appear so calm does help their nerves to a degree. Still, they can't help but mistrust the dingo.
"Dingos don't make good pets! It's hard to train their instincts from them!"
"That's what the tour guide at the zoo said! They put the dingo pen opposite ours-"
"So we could hear and see everything!" they argue. In their agitated state they're unnerved again by Delilah's similarity of appearance to a dingo and when she reaches up and kisses Jake the roos react with fear and bolt to the other side of the pen, clearing the ground with two hops.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

With the room now suddenly more empty Herodotus and Laika look around. Herodotus noticed the two cats behind the desk but didn't much care for being a bother. Laika noticed what Herodotus was looking at and saw the two cats peak out too, "Hi-a there." Herodotus put his paws over his snout and sighed, Laika looked over at him, "What, just trying to be polite."
"They are trying to hide." He muttered under his breath.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:The roos' eyeballs nearly jump out of their heads as the dingo enters their safe area but before they can react he disappears again and the lions enter. Seeing Met appear so calm does help their nerves to a degree. Still, they can't help but mistrust the dingo.
"Dingos don't make good pets! It's hard to train their instincts from them!"
"That's what the tour guide at the zoo said! They put the dingo pen opposite ours-"
"So we could hear and see everything!" they argue. In their agitated state they're unnerved again by Delilah's similarity of appearance to a dingo and when she reaches up and kisses Jake the roos react with fear and bolt to the other side of the pen, clearing the ground with two hops.
"Alright, assuming that's true, he wouldn't be able to get you even if he wanted," Met said calmly. "You spend your nights with a vet who wouldn't let you get hurt. You spend most of your day with me, and I won't hesitate to hurt anyone trying to hurt my friends."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah watches the roos bolt to the other side of the pen and instead of following them, she merely turned and rolled to the side opposite from them. She intertwined her fingers and tilted her head a bit toward the marsupials. She didn't speak nor did she move, but just merely watched them. There was a soft smile on her muzzle.

"Would you prefer it if I left for the time being? I know have a similar appearance to a dingo, but I assure you, you can't find dholes in Australia."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You-You're right, Met."
"It's stupid to be afraid."
"Still..."
"Instincts..." The two roos turn to each other and put their heads together so that the tops of their skulls and their noses are touching and they breathe deeply together, willing themselves to calm down and ignoring the presence of Delilah. Gradually the panting stops and their hearts slow to normal.
"Okay."
"We're okay."
"We got this." They force wobbly smiles as they apologise for causing a scene and suggest they head back in again.

~~~~~~~~
"So, apparently she fell from a tree and landed flat on her chest. She's fine but I think she's cracked a rib so I'd like to take x-rays to b- Delilah? Where did she go? Deilah!?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah smiles as she watches the roos. Her ear twitches toward the door and she chuckles a bit.

"If one of you would so kind as to push me back to my room, I'd be able to show the doctor that I'm alright and haven't escaped the building."
---------------------
Mario and E had causally returned to the lobby. E was finishing his sketch of the roos, Mario's description of them and memory of kangaroos from his home helping. He looked it over and smiled a bit before looking up at the degu on his head.

"Ey, why did 'Lilah have us do that? She friends with them boomers? Why were you so quick ta help?"

Mario smirked, but his ears were pinned back.

"I told the roos that Delilah had a crush on one of them and now I need to fix our bond by getting them together."

E shook his head and smiled.

"I don't understand this bond stuff, it sounds like you're doing the right thing. Just don't take it too far, or Chahel will have to carry his own boyfriend when you get your accessory thingies."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"here" Storm said , walking up next to Delilah "I'll help you get back , Met , try to calm the guys down a little more OK ?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah nods a thanks at Storm.

"Goodbye everyone. Hopefully you are able to calm down. I wish you the best."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:"here" Storm said , walking up next to Delilah "I'll help you get back , Met , try to calm the guys down a little more OK ?"
"Yeah, good idea," Met replied, waving to Storm and Delilah as they left.
Hlaoroo wrote:They force wobbly smiles as they apologise for causing a scene and suggest they head back in again.
"Are you sure you're ready?" He asked the roos. "He may still be in there, and you're still a little shaky."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Storm gave Delilah a smile in return , then helped her get back to where the vets were before they all just ran away after the roos
"hello ?" she called out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No sooner has Delilah arrived back in the clinic than Geoff has pounced on her. He scolds her for running off and for breaking into the storage room and then starts explaining his findings and recommendations to her owners.
"...So if it is just a cracked rib we do a bandage and painkillers and she should come right in a couple of weeks. Either way we need the x-rays to make sure. So, are you happy with that? Any questions?"

~~~~~~~~
The roos look at Met and then glance at each other and then sit heavily and lean against the fence.
"No..."
"Not ready."
"Not at all."
"What are you afraid of, Met? What terrifies you, and keeps you up at night?"
"What do you see in the shadows, in the deepest recesses of your darkest nightmares?"
"That, for us, is what is now a reality just a few short hops away."
"What are we supposed to do? How do we react to that?"
"We've spent every single day of our lives in terror of dingos and humans."
"We were raised to fear them. Generations feared them before us."
"How can we just ignore all that?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:The roos look at Met and then glance at each other and then sit heavily and lean against the fence.
"No..."
"Not ready."
"Not at all."
"What are you afraid of, Met? What terrifies you, and keeps you up at night?"
"What do you see in the shadows, in the deepest recesses of your darkest nightmares?"
"That, for us, is what is now a reality just a few short hops away."
"What are we supposed to do? How do we react to that?"
"We've spent every single day of our lives in terror of dingos and humans."
"We were raised to fear them. Generations feared them before us."
"How can we just ignore all that?"
"That fear you're feeling?" Met replied. "That's my biggest fear. People see a lion, they're usually as scared of me as you are of dingoes. I make a wrong move, scare the wrong person, I get taken away from my family. I spend my days terrified of accidentally scaring my friends away with a badly timed roar." Sadness showed on his face as he opened up.
"I know you can't get over that fear right away, but I also know it can't be fun for him to see you so scared of him. So you can stay in here until he's gone if you want, I'll stay with you. But eventually you need to overcome this fear."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:No sooner has Delilah arrived back in the clinic than Geoff has pounced on her. He scolds her for running off and for breaking into the storage room and then starts explaining his findings and recommendations to her owners.
"...So if it is just a cracked rib we do a bandage and painkillers and she should come right in a couple of weeks. Either way we need the x-rays to make sure. So, are you happy with that? Any questions?"
Delilah continues to smile, but her ears were touching the back of her neck.

"Apologies. I was helping some friends."

Maria and Luther sighed and face-palmed, but Delilah could see they were trying not to smile. They carefully lift her and place her back on the table, Luther folding up the chair and seeing it aside.

"No questions."

"That's fine between us."

Luther took Maria's hand and lead her back out to the lobby, where E was finishing coloring his picture and Mario was being of help.

"Come on E, time to go home."

"Alright, da! Just give me a minute."

E turned the paper over and began writing. He signed the paper and stood up. He jogged to the door of the pen and slid the paper under the door, picture facing up. He smiled and set Mario in Delilah's room before running off and taking his parents hands. They lead him out and began walking back home. E smiled as he thought about what he wrote.

"Hey, it's E, the dingo from a few minutes ago. I didn't mean to scared you guys, but I guess that's how it is back in Australia, huh? Anyway, I just wanted to apologize and say that I have no intention of hurting you. Much like Delilah, I don't eat meat. Me and her have adapted to eating fruits and vegetables. I'm also a pacifist and I only fight to protect. I hope you believe me and we can be friends some day. Until then, I hope you calm down and have a great rest of the day! Elliot "E" Nightmist Cu'cua. P.S. Nightmist was my pack name. Weird right?"
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both Herodotus and Laika stood in the waiting room in silent awkwardness. "Well, that is quite a group."
"Yeah, it's always fun to meet others."
Herodotus looked at her, she continued to look back all bright and cheerfully. After a while of doing this Herodotus sighed and smiled back. "So what are we doing here again?"
"Making friends and exploring."
Herodotus looked around the room, "Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like we are doing." Laika looked around too, besides the two cats, which were 'hiding', there was no one else to talk to that wasn't busy at the moment. "Well, do you have something better in mind."
"No."
"Then I guess we can wait." Her cheerful look never left her face, Herodotus couldn't understand how she did it. They stood there again in another awkward silence.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"But you're a lion! You can't be scared of anything!
"Don't be naive, Joey... How, Met? How do we overco- What's that?" Jake points at the paper as it appears under the door, stark white against the green grass and dark grey concrete.
"Is he trying to come in again?" The roos are clearly nervous again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Met walked over and picked up the letter to read. He then read the full letter to the roos.
"He sounds like he isn't going to cause you any trouble," he said. "And sometimes you can't overcome a fear completely, but you can overcome its effects. I don't want to scare people, but I don't spend my days avoiding interaction in case it happens... not anymore."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After helping Delilah get back to the vet , Storm stood around for a bit , see if anyone needs anything . After a moment though , she decided that she better leave , and so she did , back out to the waiting room