HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WolvenPaw15

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro thought it for a moment "You have to collect crystal shards and put them back together in one big crystal, to purge the land of darkness." he notes, knowing at this point that Alc is probably at the opening cutscene, which had quite the amazing graphics
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro thought it for a moment "You have to collect crystal shards and put them back together in one big crystal, to purge the land of darkness." he notes, knowing at this point that Alc is probably at the opening cutscene, which had quite the amazing graphics
The wolf twitched his ears. "I see..." Alchemy watched the opening quietly, then started tapping away at the laptop. He muttered something about a rocks as his find was focused on the screen in front of him. "For a psychic.. He quipped, breaking the silence. "Your life seems very... normal. Or... Normaller than I previously assumed." Glancing at Marro with a smirk and a shrug, before returning his attention to the screen. "Videogames. Books. Animes." Alc listed.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

musclecar326 wrote: Fireworks would be awesome, but we don't have any sorry. Snowy told Soren. He looked around the group and noticed they were all just relaxing not wanting to do much. So... What do y'all want to do now?
"We could go some place that there are fireworks later" Soren said, "or in failure of that... iunno... lets go explore the woods or something."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

You seem determined to get some fireworks going. I gotta admit the idea's starting to grow on me. I'm sure we can scare some up somewhere.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro gives a slight chuckle 'You just came on a slow day" he said, leaving it up to Alc to decide rather he was joking or not, his tail giving a slight swish "If you hang around me long enough I will be able to show you a lot of things, some things people can see, but just don't open their eyes to look, or even things that people can't usually see at all... It depends on how YOU want to look at it"
Pet Friendly:
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Seth wrote:You seem determined to get some fireworks going. I gotta admit the idea's starting to grow on me. I'm sure we can scare some up somewhere.
He really is determined, isn't he? But sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the nearest fireworks store is about 30 minutes away. The grocery store has a booth that sells fireworks but only during the few weeks around July 4th. Snowy explained. Unless one of you have some, we won't have any fireworks.
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"My dad may actually have a few somewhere," Met said. "He always did love fireworks."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro gives a slight chuckle 'You just came on a slow day" he said, leaving it up to Alc to decide rather he was joking or not, his tail giving a slight swish "If you hang around me long enough I will be able to show you a lot of things, some things people can see, but just don't open their eyes to look, or even things that people can't usually see at all... It depends on how YOU want to look at it"

"Scientifically."
Alchemy answered. "Observation, research, hypothesis, experimentation, analysis, and conclusion." Reciting the six steps to the scientific method as if they were ingrained into his mind (which they were). "Everything has a logical explanation." He quipped. "The Scientific community. Admittedly. Close minded. "Usually frowns upon..." The wolf paused as he tried to think of another word to use than the first one he thought of. "...Unprovable concepts..." He shrugged and gave Marro a weak smile as if he was apologizing for something.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro gave a slight chuckle, his character giving a wave as Alc's stepped through the portal "Well then I guess I will have to show, there are things that don't have an explanation, they don't have reason, or rules, they simply exist because they wish to exist" he smiled back, the world wasn't just science... nor was it completely magic, it had a fair coexistance, like many things, light and dark, love and hate, complete opposites yet unable to be without the other, you cannot souly rely on just one, and f you did... well things got... dull to say the least
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The wolf only responded with a nod. He tapped a few more keys and made his character walk over to Marro's.

For years his brain has been hardwired towards logic and reason. The world was made up of universal laws, everything followed them whether they liked it or not, yadda yadda, and a multitude of other phrases he's collected from reading textbooks over the years. As much as he liked Marro, saying that some things don't happen for a reason, made him narrow his eyes slightly. Everything did have a reason for happening. They had to. Cause if they didn't...well... Then why'd they have to happen at all?...

He quickly shook his head and moved away from those thoughts. "E-err... so." He moved his character, turning him so he could take in the setting of this virtual world. "What now?"

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro simply gave a bemused smirk, chuckling a bit as he began to cast buff after buff on Chem's character "Well first off, follow your quests to get your starting gear depending on what class you picked, trust me, you won't get very far with a stick and casual clothing" he nodded, the haste spell will make things a bit quicker
Pet Friendly:
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"My dad may actually have a few somewhere," Met said. "He always did love fireworks."
Cool, so i guess Met's house now. Snowy said to the group. That way you can get your fireworks, Soren.
Yes, I am a furry.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro simply gave a bemused smirk, chuckling a bit as he began to cast buff after buff on Chem's character "Well first off, follow your quests to get your starting gear depending on what class you picked, trust me, you won't get very far with a stick and casual clothing" he nodded, the haste spell will make things a bit quicker

"Right..."
After going through all the "help" pop ups he opened his inventory and scanned through his stuff. "Got...rocks. And clothes." Then he checked his stats. Most were bold and its text was green. Probably from Marro's buffs. Finally he made his character swivel around. Now, all he needed was a quest...

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro chuckled slightly, as his charcter did an idle animation of twitching its ears and adjusting its hat "It would seem you are catching on alright. So I see you chose the archer class, or perhaps the gunner?" he asked "If it wasn't obvious, my character is a mage" he cast a couple buffs on himself and four different colored crystals began to float around the top of the staff
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro chuckled slightly, as his charcter did an idle animation of twitching its ears and adjusting its hat "It would seem you are catching on alright. So I see you chose the archer class, or perhaps the gunner?" he asked "If it wasn't obvious, my character is a mage" he cast a couple buffs on himself and four different colored crystals began to float around the top of the staff
Alc nodded, observing Marro's character's staff and clothes. He moved his character along a virtual path until he spotted someone with a "!" above their head. "Quest!" He announced and triumph and went to talk to the said person with the "!" over their head. His tail wagged alittle. This was kinda fun. Even though he hasn't done much yet.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro gave a slight smile, he had a gift for his friend, a couple actually, but he would wait until they got to the trade tutorial quest "So how'd you like the batte system? And you never told me if you chose gunner or archer" he chuckled a bit, his own tail swishing a bit, he never really HAD a friend before, most thought he was crazy, or were to weirded out to by the way he talked, sure he had a share of online friends, but must were busy most of the time
Pet Friendly:
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan had been listening in and out of the groups conversation, trying more so to enjoy the water but soon after he heard them start talking about fireworks he couldn't help himself but listen and try to hear what they planned for everyone to do. Ryan, now curious, puled himself out of the water completely, walked over and put his collar on then trotted over to the group entering in just as Met suggested that is father had fireworks. Ryan thought for a second trying to remember if his owner had any fireworks lying around but after some intensive thnking he assumed they didn't, not really remembering any times where they had stored fireworks. But he stood by the group lookig from side to side before remembering his bag and sheepishly but quickly jogging over, picking it up nd slinging it carefully then rejoining the group, listening in.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro gave a slight smile, he had a gift for his friend, a couple actually, but he would wait until they got to the trade tutorial quest "So how'd you like the batte system? And you never told me if you chose gunner or archer" he chuckled a bit, his own tail swishing a bit, he never really HAD a friend before, most thought he was crazy, or were to weirded out to by the way he talked, sure he had a share of online friends, but must were busy most of the time

"Pretty straightforwards."
Alc noted. "Click to attack. Use keyboard for skills." The wolf clicked and tapped the keyboard as he went around killing low level monsters. "Oh, and err... Gunner class, I think."

Ref Ref!
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Well i guess we're off to Maria's house for tea, right casper? Speedy said then turned around and noticed Casper was gone, just like dissipated into thin air. But then she sniffed the air a little bit and could smell that Casper ran away towards some houses. I guess something important came up. She said to the group. Do you girls still want to go get tea? Or what?
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I guess," Maria replied. "It would give Tesla a chance to eat her food."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro nods a bit typing something in on his keyboard "Erm, Dual Pistol, Rifle, or Cannon?" he asked raising an eyebrow as he scrolled through the list of items he was about to purchase, smiling a bit, and his tail lightly thumping on the side of the bed he was on
Pet Friendly:
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Works for me" Soren said, "when should we go, its still light out... Maybe go get dinner or something and then fireworks?" He continued to float along, his tail lazily pushing him through the water.

OOC: BTW, Can I intro my second character soon? I made him and got him approved months ago... but no go ahead to post yet..>_>
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

That sounds pretty good but we just ate lunch like 3 hours ago, so I'm not hungry yet and the sun doesn't go down till almost 9. Snowy said to Soren.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Well, if it gets dark at nine... we should leave an hour to setup fireworks and if we're to eat dinner we should go sometime before then," Soren said, mapping out a logical schedule for the night. That and he did kind of want to get out of the water. He was feeling sleepy lazing there and that meant it was time to do something so he wouldn't lose motivation later.

--Earlier--

Cody sat at a table slowly working on what the airline called "chicken." Now, he would happily eat raw meat, at the moment he'd even prefer it. In the circus, their food varied but it was usually simple and always tasted great... Now he was stuck on an Airbus A380 for nine hours without a thing worth eating except his own tail. His stomach grumbled the whole way, which did a fare bit to keep the humans back. Most of them apparently labeled him as wild and therefore intent on eating them. At one point though, a little girl walked up to 'pet the kitty,' which he was okay with. After this though, he'd take a boat back to Europe... Or maybe try to bring his own food.

Later when the plane landed, the Leopard was the first off. He was something along the lines of a furry freight train as, there was a food court right outside the gate and he could smell it. Anyone who had only had airline food to eat for a day would have done the same thing. When he stormed up to the checkpoint, there was no one but the guards there and... they behaved themselves and got him out quickly. Maybe they'd seen pictures of angry leopards? There were reports of the TSA stealing things and causing trouble, but, apparently when there's a tall, sharp-clawed cat involved, the risks outweigh the gains. Once they were done with him, his charge continued until he came up to the Burger King, ate... And then actually calmly proceeded to get his bags from the baggage claim and move on.

The only question in his mind now was whether or not to call Soren to warn him of his approach. Ultimately he decided against it. The airport was still several hours from Exotic Acres anyway. At the time he'd booked, the only flights either involved transfers at this point to get closer or put him even farther away. This however, worked perfectly. He could take a long bus ride... "I think it was easier for him to get to me than it is for me to get to him" the cat said as he stepped up onto the charter bus.

Sometime later, the bus dropped off in the middle of Exotic Acres on its way eastward. There was no official station here, just an intersection that the bus stopped at. In general, that's how some companies worked as it let them have bigger networks at lower costs. From there, he looked around, wondering where he might find a certain snow leopard. He began to wander the streets.

OOC: Meh, I hate airline food and the TSA.... Had to throw it in there so he'd do something besides "poof, now where is Soren"...
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:"Well, if it gets dark at nine... we should leave an hour to setup fireworks and if we're to eat dinner we should go sometime before then," Soren said, mapping out a logical schedule for the night. That and he did kind of want to get out of the water. He was feeling sleepy lazing there and that meant it was time to do something so he wouldn't lose motivation later.
More food and blowing stuff up? sounds like quite the evening to me. Let's do it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro nods a bit typing something in on his keyboard "Erm, Dual Pistol, Rifle, or Cannon?" he asked raising an eyebrow as he scrolled through the list of items he was about to purchase, smiling a bit, and his tail lightly thumping on the side of the bed he was on
Alc guessed those were weapons... So.... the question was... which one was the best? And unlike his usual scientific self he chose one without accounting for any varying factors. "Err... Rifle? I guess." He looked back at this screen and was alarmed to find his avatar low in health. "Run away. Run away." Clicking the mouse furiously.

Ref Ref!
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Seth wrote:
razgriz wrote:"Well, if it gets dark at nine... we should leave an hour to setup fireworks and if we're to eat dinner we should go sometime before then," Soren said, mapping out a logical schedule for the night. That and he did kind of want to get out of the water. He was feeling sleepy lazing there and that meant it was time to do something so he wouldn't lose motivation later.
More food and blowing stuff up? sounds like quite the evening to me. Let's do it.
Since everyone agrees, I guess that's the plan. Snowy said to the group. How bout going to the small bowling alley downtown in a little while to kill some time?
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I've never actually gone bowling. Sounds fun," Met said.
(OOC: do you think pets would need to wear bowling shoes? and do they have special balls to fit their big furry fingers?)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Bowling?" Soren asked, he'd never been bowling. It seemed sort of boring in the cartoons. Just people throwing balls to knock down pegs. Maybe it could be fun though...

OOC: I am unsure... I wanna almost say 'no' because of the variety of animals here and how hard it'd be to have something to fit them all... Maybe some kind of stretchable rubber boot-thing? The biggest worry is that clawed animals might accidentally scratch up the floor, I think...
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

You really haven't bowled ever Met? That seems weird to me, but then again i have lived in towns like this for most my life. Snowy said to Met. What about you two? He asked Ryan, and Joe.

(OOC: I think Razgriz is right about the "boots" part. and the bowling balls with just have larger or smaller finger holes for the animals.)
Last edited by musclecar326 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am a furry.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I guess," Maria replied. "It would give Tesla a chance to eat her food."
"(40)I just hope it's not cold..." Tesla said to herself. "(55)A-and it's my own fault I didn't get a chance to eat... (50)where I was trying to hide..."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan looks over to Snowy, he scratches the back of his neck and a small sheepish smile forms
"Oh uhh i've never been bowling before, I actually heh don't even know what it is."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

musclecar326 wrote:You really haven't bowled ever Met? That seems weird to me, but then again i have lived in towns like this for most my life. Snowy said to Met. What about you two? He asked Ryan, and Joe.

(OOC: I think Razgriz is right about the "boots" part. and the bowling balls with just have larger or smaller finger holes for the animals.)
Can't say I've ever tried it. I've seen it in movies and stuff. So i think I oculd figure it out.
Leafolawl wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I guess," Maria replied. "It would give Tesla a chance to eat her food."
"(40)I just hope it's not cold..." Tesla said to herself. "(55)A-and it's my own fault I didn't get a chance to eat... (50)where I was trying to hide..."
"Well if we're all in agreement let's get going." Kallie took off walking towards her house.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Marine Fox wrote:Ryan looks over to Snowy, he scratches the back of his neck and a small sheepish smile forms
"Oh uhh i've never been bowling before, I actually heh don't even know what it is."
Really both of you two as well? Am i the only one in this neighborhood who has gone bowling? anyway, bowling is when you roll a ball down a wooden lane to knock down some wooden pins for points and fun. Snowy said to Ryan. It is actually a great competition and provides a great time for everyone. I'll just have to show you guys how to do it. He explained as he got out of the pool and started to dry off.
Seth wrote:"Well if we're all in agreement let's get going." Kallie took off walking towards her house.
Speedy quickly got in step behind her, following Kallie to her house. So, um where is your house? Speedy asked her.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Slowly, Sorren pulled himself up out of the water and began to shake himself off from all the water. "Alright, so, we spend some time learning to knock down pins and by the time we figure that out we can eat and then we watch explosions," he said, stretching a bit.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

razgriz wrote:Slowly, Sorren pulled himself up out of the water and began to shake himself off from all the water. "Alright, so, we spend some time learning to knock down pins and by the time we figure that out we can eat and then we watch explosions," he said, stretching a bit.
"Sounds like a fun afternoon," Met said as he too got out of the pool, his main all wet. "where are the towels?" he asked.
-----------
Maria followed after the others. not really much else for her to do.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Sounds like a fun afternoon," Met said as he too got out of the pool, his main all wet. "where are the towels?" he asked.
Right over there on that counter. Snowy said pointing towards a large granite counter a few feet away from him. Once your all dried off we can start walking.
Yes, I am a furry.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joe grabbed a towel and started to dry himself off. So where exactly is this bowling alley?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan listened and a small smile formed, thinking about how much fun bowling would be just from the explanation.
"Sounds great!"

As the others started to dry off Ryan listened to Snowy point out the towels and Ryan proceeded over, picking one up and drying himself off. After he set the towel down Ryan took in what they would be doing, thinking about Bowling, getting some good food and then sme fireworks to finish off the day, it all sounded pretty good to him.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Soren walked just off to the side of the group and shook himself out. It was warm out and he'd rather let the sun dry him than make a mess of it with a towel. If he used the tail, it'd take forever to do it and not mat up his fur. He put his collar back on, then grabbed his backpack and carried it around by the handle. "So, which way to the bowling alley?"