HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Malkus

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by Malkus »

musclecar326 wrote:
Malkus wrote:Vanator wandered through the woods, eventually coming to the edge of the forest to where several sets of picnic tables stood. He had been following his nose for awhile, tracking the scent of cooked food. Where there's food, there's people. he reasoned. Exiting the woods, he began to walk leisurely over to the tables, stopping a few feet away and waving to get the dining pets' attention.

"Hello. My name is Vanator. My Dad and I just moved into Exotic Acres. How are you all today?"
Oh, well hello Vanator. You said you just moved here, so Welcome to EA. Would you like to sit with us? Speedy asked him .
Vanator nodded and sat on the end of one of the benches where there was some free space. "Thank you. And please, call me Van if you would be so kind." He sniffed the air for a moment. "Lunchtime, huh? Good thing I brought a snack."

Van unhooked his collar and reached into the compartment at the front, bringing out some meat jerky and setting it on the table while he rehooked the band of cloth around his neck. "Would you like some? It's turkey-flavored."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Malkus wrote:Vanator nodded and sat on the end of one of the benches where there was some free space. "Thank you. And please, call me Van if you would be so kind." He sniffed the air for a moment. "Lunchtime, huh? Good thing I brought a snack."

Van unhooked his collar and reached into the compartment at the front, bringing out some meat jerky and setting it on the table while he rehooked the band of cloth around his neck. "Would you like some? It's turkey-flavored."
"No thanks, Van. I have pasta to eat," Maria said as she sat on the table and opened her food. "Nice to meet you. I'm Maria Meyer," she said, offering her paw for Van to shake.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Malkus

Post by Malkus »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Malkus wrote:Vanator nodded and sat on the end of one of the benches where there was some free space. "Thank you. And please, call me Van if you would be so kind." He sniffed the air for a moment. "Lunchtime, huh? Good thing I brought a snack."

"No thanks, Van. I have pasta to eat," Maria said as she sat on the table and opened her food. "Nice to meet you. I'm Maria Meyer," she said, offering her paw for Van to shake.
Van took her paw and shook it, making sure not to apply pressure. "It's very nice to meet you, Ms. Meyer." Van looked around at the forest nearby and over at the boundaries separating the quadrants. "So what is the best part of Exotic Acres? I never really did much back in my old forest except hunt or read outside."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:Walking along, Soren looked around, noting where houses and roads were. He wanted to know it all. It was partially his habbit so he'd be able to navigate with certainty without relying on a map or compass. Eventually, he came up on an.. Arctic Fox? It looked like it at least. "Hey!" he said, "I'm new here, do you know of any good places to eat in town?"
Casper turned toward the source of the voice before freezing in place at the sight of the creature, he'd seen big cats a couple of time on TV, but this was certainly a first for him, and loath as he was to admit it, even to himself, Casper found the figure to be extremely imposing. It took a good fifteen seconds before the fox managed to shake off the shock and slight fear that had gripped him at seeing the snow leopard, but after managing to do so he did his best to respond effectively, after what was certainly a due explanation of course.

"Sorry about that, but encountering someone like you wasn't exactly something I expected." Casper noted somewhat flatly as he did his best to force his body into a more relaxed state. "I'm new here myself, and though I knew there'd be other exotics, it seems I hadn't really prepared myself for what that meant." The fox added before giving a bit of a shrug. "My own fault there though...anyway, in answer to your question; I'm new here myself, as I said a moment ago, so I really don't have a clue about the area or where is or isn't good to eat."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

For those fifteen-frozen seconds, the snow leopard watched the fox. He knew of disorders which made one freeze up, some which caused them to faint and yet remain standing and there were assuredly other things that could happen. He considered calling for a vet or something until the animal moved.

"Its okay, I'm somewhat used to it," Soren said, "A lot of scientists my dad works with react like that at first too... Yet they don't seem to have any sense of self-preservation when they're in a lab." He sniffed at the air, "Hrm, I guess I'll have to follow my nose... Are you hungry? I could help you get used to large cats, if there are any others around here."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Casper looked thoughtful for a moment before shrugging toward the snow leopard. "I could do with a meal I suppose. Literally just got out of the car five minutes ago and was asleep for who knows how long before that." The fox answered before canting his head to the side thoughtfully. "As to your other offer, I appreciate the gesture but now that I've adjusted my expectations of this place and what I'll encounter here, there shouldn't be any real issues."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Alright" Soren said, he sniffed around and looked down the road. He pulled out his phone and checked its GPS. "There's... a sandwich shop down the road apparently... And I just got out of the car too. We spent HOURS on planes. I'm sick of sitting." He began to head down the road, "And, if this place is what I've read of it, I'm far from a good baseline."
Celicam

Post by Celicam »

Dom looked out the window. He'd been inside for a time, and hadn't bothered to look outside. It looked fairly calm. A nice day he was missing out on....He opened the window and peeked out further. The street seemed empty, but he knew to trust his nose where his eyes could not see. He took a deep whiff. And he got a strange compilation of smells. All sorts of animals. They must be out and about right now. Another whiff told him that most were in a group. Well thought Dom I can't conquer this shyness by sitting around. And no fun comes from being cooped up. So, feeling apprehensive, he closed the window. He headed out the door, and began following his nose. Although a tad more adventurous then usual, he certainly didn't feel like running into the big group. He tried to follow the scent that was by itself. Or perhaps even a small group. He might actually be able to introduce himself then.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"Alright" Soren said, he sniffed around and looked down the road. He pulled out his phone and checked its GPS. "There's... a sandwich shop down the road apparently... And I just got out of the car too. We spent HOURS on planes. I'm sick of sitting." He began to head down the road, "And, if this place is what I've read of it, I'm far from a good baseline."
Casper shivered at the notion of having been in a plane. "Ugh...much as I like heights, I think I'll skip on the plane idea." The fox responded sourly, sticking his tongue out in disgust. "I feel trapped enough in a car, I think I might just go insane if I were stuck in that sort of vehicle."

Pushing thoughts of planes aside the fox turned his attention to fallowing the large cat toward the sandwich shop. "And perhaps not a baseline, but coming across you made it clear I needed to adjust my expectations of this place." Casper noted simply as he glanced toward the snow leopard. "When I first heard that exotics were allowed the same freedom here as normal pets are other places, I had expected simpler types of exotics, wolves, monkeys, the odd raccoon or otter, I had not prepared myself for the notion of animals such as big cats however, so meeting you was a surprise. Now though, I've prepared myself for any possible eventuality, that's all I meant when I said there shouldn't be any real issues from here on." The white furred vulpine finished just before his stomach let out a heavy growl.

"And on a completely different note...what kind of sandwich shop are we talking here?" Casper questioned curiously, his mind obviously having jumped trains now that his body was announcing it's hunger clearly.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Celicam wrote: Although a tad more adventurous then usual, he certainly didn't feel like running into the big group. He tried to follow the scent that was by itself. Or perhaps even a small group. He might actually be able to introduce himself then.
Chem continued to hum to himself as he turned a corner. The wolf was closer to the town now, maybe a few blocks down the road. Not that he was paying attention. After passing a few residents he looked up from his sketch and was met with a sight that...perplexed him. There on the side of the road, was a bear. Or, at least he thought it was a bear. He grumbled something about prescription glasses and decided to confront the other animal, crossing the street and making his way the bear's general direction. "Hey, hello?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Malkus wrote:Van took her paw and shook it, making sure not to apply pressure. "It's very nice to meet you, Ms. Meyer." Van looked around at the forest nearby and over at the boundaries separating the quadrants. "So what is the best part of Exotic Acres? I never really did much back in my old forest except hunt or read outside."
Well, i don't think there is a best part. Everything is awesome. Here in EA you can do almost anything you want, except no hunting other pets. Speedy told Van. We're just going to finish eating then head downtown to shop, so if you want you can stay here and wait. Or you can go downtown now and look for my brother and his friends. You choose.
------------
After everyone had paid for their food, the group exited the restaurant. Hhmm, where to start? Oh, I know! Snowy said to himself. Alright group follow me, we'll start in the North-East or the Plains area. He walked to the corner where that section started then continued in.
Yes, I am a furry.
Celicam

Post by Celicam »

Roarin wrote:
Celicam wrote: Although a tad more adventurous then usual, he certainly didn't feel like running into the big group. He tried to follow the scent that was by itself. Or perhaps even a small group. He might actually be able to introduce himself then.
Chem continued to hum to himself as he turned a corner. The wolf was closer to the town now, maybe a few blocks down the road. Not that he was paying attention. After passing a few residents he looked up from his sketch and was met with a sight that...perplexed him. There on the side of the road, was a bear. Or, at least he thought it was a bear. He grumbled something about prescription glasses and decided to confront the other animal, crossing the street and making his way the bear's general direction. "Hey, hello?"
Dom naturally smelled the wolf before he saw him, a few seconds later. A wolf was just what he needed. Much like a dog, except from the wild. And he'd dealt with dogs before. However, this was no dog, and had a slightly better build then the average dog. He noticed that he had a pencil in his ear, and that he owned a sketch pad. Might be a good topic for later he thought, and just as he was trying to discern more from his appearance, he spoke.

"Hey, hello?"

At this Dom almost turned and ran. He was sure if he did he could outrun the wolf. But he stay rooted, determined to be social for once. He'd need to stop this shy business or else he'd never make friends. So summoning all his persistence, he stayed and said

"Uh, Hello. Are you new here too? I just kinda moved in down the street..."

It was after this, that his nervous feeling went away. Good, I can do this. I can do this... he thought, and awaited the wolf's reply.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

musclecar326 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"all tables look the same to me," Maria said. "I just want to get to eating."
Speedy went and sat down at the table, opening her box. Actually there is a difference, Tesla. All the tables are a different color. Other than that there is no difference. Speedy said as she started eating her Fettuccine alfredo. So, how do you girls like the neighborhood so far?

Well so far it seems pretty great. I can't wait to see more of it.

Joe finished hte last of his pizza and got ready to follow the rest of the group
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Celicam wrote:"Uh, Hello. Are you new here too? I just kinda moved in down the street..."

It was after this, that his nervous feeling went away. Good, I can do this. I can do this... he thought, and awaited the wolf's reply.
Chem nodded, making the pencil fall off his head. "Whoops." He quickly grabbed it before it fell to the ground. "Yes! New. I'm assuming you are too."

He gave a polite wolfish grin and put the pencil back in its correct spot. "Your a bear." The wolf said plainly. He knew he was stating the obvious but he couldn't help it. He'd never spoken to one before or even been up close to one. "Ack! Forgot." He hit himself in the forehead with his palm. "Rude of me. Introductions in order. Sorry. Socializing. Not my strong suit" He held out an open hand to shake. "Alchemy Solus, Alc to some, Chem to most, nice to meet you."

Ref Ref!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Shirosune wrote: Casper shivered at the notion of having been in a plane. "Ugh...much as I like heights, I think I'll skip on the plane idea." The fox responded sourly, sticking his tongue out in disgust. "I feel trapped enough in a car, I think I might just go insane if I were stuck in that sort of vehicle."

Pushing thoughts of planes aside the fox turned his attention to fallowing the large cat toward the sandwich shop. "And perhaps not a baseline, but coming across you made it clear I needed to adjust my expectations of this place." Casper noted simply as he glanced toward the snow leopard. "When I first heard that exotics were allowed the same freedom here as normal pets are other places, I had expected simpler types of exotics, wolves, monkeys, the odd raccoon or otter, I had not prepared myself for the notion of animals such as big cats however, so meeting you was a surprise. Now though, I've prepared myself for any possible eventuality, that's all I meant when I said there shouldn't be any real issues from here on." The white furred vulpine finished just before his stomach let out a heavy growl.

"And on a completely different note...what kind of sandwich shop are we talking here?" Casper questioned curiously, his mind obviously having jumped trains now that his body was announcing it's hunger clearly.
"You like heights?" Soren asked, "like climbing? If so, it really isn't that bd with airplanes, they're roomier than cars. Especially if your in first class seating, its just, I went crazy cause I ran out of things to do." He paused to check what his phone said about the sandwich place, "about the sandwiches, we have two choices, a small town restaraunt or an Arby's, they're sharing a building by the looks of it."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

At hearing the second option for sandwich shops Casper made a somewhat disgusted face before shaking his head. "The small town place for sure. I can't stand Arby's, they almost always ruin their meet with something unnecessary." The fox noted with a rather annoyed tone. "At least with a small town place there's a chance we'll be able to get something that isn't focused toward the human pallet."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan got up with the others as they followed Snowy, keeping pace with Snowy as they entered the Plains area, which was a bit new for hm but he'd adjust, just like before but after his curiosity got the best of him, he came up besides Snowy

"So are there different biomes in this town?"
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Marine Fox wrote:Ryan got up with the others as they followed Snowy, keeping pace with Snowy as they entered the Plains area, which was a bit new for hm but he'd adjust, just like before but after his curiosity got the best of him, he came up besides Snowy

"So are there different biomes in this town?"
Yeah there is. There are 4 different environments. We're in the Plains, South of here is the desert. West of here is Mountainous, then South-West from here is the forest area. Snowy said to Ryan. We'll go through all the sections.
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan just nodded, turning his head slightly SW towards the forest area, curious if he could trigger another one of his "episodes", but he put that aside for now, putting his attention forward
"Cool"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"This is the section where Maria and I live," Met said.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"This is the section where Maria and I live," Met said.
It is? Where exactly is your house? Snowy asked Met, while looking around.
Yes, I am a furry.
Celicam

Post by Celicam »

Roarin wrote:
Celicam wrote:"Uh, Hello. Are you new here too? I just kinda moved in down the street..."

Chem nodded, making the pencil fall off his head. "Whoops." He quickly grabbed it before it fell to the ground. "Yes! New. I'm assuming you are too."

He gave a polite wolfish grin and put the pencil back in its correct spot. "Your a bear." The wolf said plainly. He knew he was stating the obvious but he couldn't help it. He'd never spoken to one before or even been up close to one. "Ack! Forgot." He hit himself in the forehead with his palm. "Rude of me. Introductions in order. Sorry. Socializing. Not my strong suit" He held out an open hand to shake. "Alchemy Solus, Alc to some, Chem to most, nice to meet you."
"Yeah, I'm not the best at socializing either...Just in my nature I guess." said Dom, rubbing the back of his head."I'm Domovoi by the way. But just Dom is fine." Domo said, quickly adding the last part. "And you're a wolf of some kind? You look a little different from the ones in Canada." said Domovoi, bluntly, realizing he wasn't exactly the right color for a Canadian wolf. However, this wolf didn't seem very bad. He might actually be a good friend.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"actually, That's it right over there," he said pointing to the large house closest to the corner where they were. "Dad bought the place here for me, but got it as close to the forest section as possible so I can run Maria over there when she wants to swing."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"actually, That's it right over there," he said pointing to the large house closest to the corner where they were. "Dad bought the place here for me, but got it as close to the forest section as possible so I can run Maria over there when she wants to swing."
Cool, so on with the tour now. Snowy said to the group, then kept walking. Any Questions, just shout them out.
Yes, I am a furry.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Celicam wrote:"Yeah, I'm not the best at socializing either...Just in my nature I guess." said Dom, rubbing the back of his head."I'm Domovoi by the way. But just Dom is fine." Domo said, quickly adding the last part. "And you're a wolf of some kind? You look a little different from the ones in Canada." said Domovoi, bluntly, realizing he wasn't exactly the right color for a Canadian wolf. However, this wolf didn't seem very bad. He might actually be a good friend.
Chem adjusted his glasses with his right hand while keeping his left hand outstretched. His eyes seemed brighten at the subject. "Yes. I'm a canis lupus baileyi. Mexican gray wolf in Laymon's term. But Canada..." He bit his lip and thought for a second. "Gray wolf." He concluded. He gave a smirk. "My 'cousins', so to speak. Canis lupus lycaon. Their pelts. Grayer than this dusty one of mine." He shook his head. "Sorry, ranting. Nice to meet ya, Dom. Was just goin into town. Thinkin about gettin something to eat. Wanna tag along?" Chem looked at his outstretched hand. "And...err...Your suppose to shake that."

Ref Ref!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Shirosune wrote:At hearing the second option for sandwich shops Casper made a somewhat disgusted face before shaking his head. "The small town place for sure. I can't stand Arby's, they almost always ruin their meet with something unnecessary." The fox noted with a rather annoyed tone. "At least with a small town place there's a chance we'll be able to get something that isn't focused toward the human pallet."
"Huh, I never minded it," Soren said, "maybe its just an acquired taste? Though, I did break down some of their food once to see what they used, nothing too terribly harmful."
Celicam

Post by Celicam »

Roarin wrote: Chem adjusted his glasses with his right hand while keeping his left hand outstretched. His eyes seemed brighten at the subject. "Yes. I'm a canis lupus baileyi. Mexican gray wolf in Layman's term. But Canada..." He bit his lip and thought for a second. "Gray wolf." He concluded. He gave a smirk. "My 'cousins', so to speak. Canis lupus lycaon. Their pelts. Grayer than this dusty one of mine." He shook his head. "Sorry, ranting. Nice to meet ya, Dom. Was just goin into town. Thinkin about gettin something to eat. Wanna tag along?" Chem looked at his outstretched hand. "And...err...Your suppose to shake that."
Dom rolled his eyes. He knew how to shake hands. But even so, he took the Fox's outstretched hand, and shook it. "Yeah, some food sounds good right about now. That long car drive stirred up quite a hunger." he said, holding his stomach. He wondered what kind of restaurants were in this town. They couldn't be that bad, if most the pets here were exotic. He loved a good old fashioned salmon. Raw, if he could get it. "What kind of places you think they have here?" asked Dom, hoping his new friend could shed some light on the situation.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Kallie stayed seated as she greeted the newcomer
Hey Van, I'm Kallie, nice to meet you.

Joe followed behind the group listening closely.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"Huh, I never minded it," Soren said, "maybe its just an acquired taste? Though, I did break down some of their food once to see what they used, nothing too terribly harmful."
Casper canted his head curiously for a moment at what the snow leopard said, not quite getting what he meant by 'breaking down' some of Arby's food. "I'm not even going to ask." The fox muttered mostly to himself with a shake of his head before realizing something else entirely. "Huh, just realized I haven't introduced myself. Name's Casper, and you?"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"I'm Soren" the Snow Leopard answered, "though, the scientists tend to call me Arcs or variations of the word Arc..." He looked up at where they were headed, he could see the sandwich shop ahead.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Celicam wrote:Dom rolled his eyes. He knew how to shake hands. But even so, he took the Fox's outstretched hand, and shook it. "Yeah, some food sounds good right about now. That long car drive stirred up quite a hunger." he said, holding his stomach. He wondered what kind of restaurants were in this town. They couldn't be that bad, if most the pets here were exotic. He loved a good old fashioned salmon. Raw, if he could get it. "What kind of places you think they have here?" asked Dom, hoping his new friend could shed some light on the situation.
Chem nodded and started walking down the road again. "A few restaurants." He scratched his head. "Can't remember all of them. Read the brochure though. Italian...Sandwiches....Pizza...Sushi..." He mulled over in his mind what else was there but couldn't think of any.

Ref Ref!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:"I'm Soren" the Snow Leopard answered, "though, the scientists tend to call me Arcs or variations of the word Arc..." He looked up at where they were headed, he could see the sandwich shop ahead.
"Better than my owner's nickname for me." The fox noted passively as they approached the door to the shop, only a quick tick of his tail acting to show his annoyance at the thought. "Still, I'll admit to some curiosity over your particular nickname. To judge by implication of the word, I would expect it to be something to do with electricity, but I'm not the sort to simply assume." Casper continued as he reached out and opened the door, leaving the actual question unasked but still obviously there.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"I do a LOT of high energy physics," Soren said, "and, a few times, I've gotten zapped by my own electrical arcs. Luckily all were low power, so, no harm down... The first occurance involved power hitting me and arc'ing off my fingers. Since then, a typical incident usually occurs at every lab of some form or another... Once it was just an electrical outlet shorting out but they still brought the name up." He looked around inside the restaraunt. It was a nice, little place.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

"I'll makes sure to stand a bit back if I'm ever caught in a lightning storm with you then." Casper replied a bit too flatly, given what he was saying was actually meant as an attempt at humor. "Still, sounds like you enjoy playing the role of scientist." The fox added as he too looked around the building, more specifically toward the menu to see what the options were. "Must make for an interesting life."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"It can be," Soren said, "though, the lightning was only because I wasn't careful enough about what I was doing." He saw that people ordered at a central counter and walked up to it. After looking over the menu, he got a cheeseburger hoagie. "I'm sure I'd be fine in a storm."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan just kept pace with the others, looking around trying to memorize the area and enjoying the sights.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Snowy had kept walking down the side walk, talking about different details about the plains while walking. After a little while they were in the desert section next, and he kept talking about the environment. A short walk later they were in the forest section. Alright so I know that most of you live here, so just call out when we pass your house. Snowy said to the group.
Yes, I am a furry.
Malkus

Post by Malkus »

musclecar326 wrote:
Malkus wrote:Van took her paw and shook it, making sure not to apply pressure. "It's very nice to meet you, Ms. Meyer." Van looked around at the forest nearby and over at the boundaries separating the quadrants. "So what is the best part of Exotic Acres? I never really did much back in my old forest except hunt or read outside."
Well, i don't think there is a best part. Everything is awesome. Here in EA you can do almost anything you want, except no hunting other pets. Speedy told Van. We're just going to finish eating then head downtown to shop, so if you want you can stay here and wait. Or you can go downtown now and look for my brother and his friends. You choose.
Van shrugged. "I think I'll stick with you guys for now. My introduction may go better if I'm with familiar people." he said. Van gnawed on the turkey jerky, making sure to avoid dropping any as he waited for the other pets to finish with their meals.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Malkus wrote:Van shrugged. "I think I'll stick with you guys for now. My introduction may go better if I'm with familiar people." he said. Van gnawed on the turkey jerky, making sure to avoid dropping any as he waited for the other pets to finish with their meals.
Alright, sounds good. Speedy said to Van. Ahhh, Tesla what are you doing?
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan was a little excited to be back in the area, keeping it under control and as soon as they entered it wasn't very long before he had spotted his house and his owner taking out the garbage

"There's my house!"