HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by Civilization »

When Storm walked out into the waiting room, Laika got a little bit more fidgety looking at Herodotus. "Oh just go say hi." With that Laika was across the waiting room and in front of the lion, she held her paw up, "Hi, I don't think we've met yet." Herodotus sighed and walked over after her, knowing that one way or another she would get him over there eventually.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Civilization wrote:When Storm walked out into the waiting room, Laika got a little bit more fidgety looking at Herodotus. "Oh just go say hi." With that Laika was across the waiting room and in front of the lion, she held her paw up, "Hi, I don't think we've met yet." Herodotus sighed and walked over after her, knowing that one way or another she would get him over there eventually.
"Oh , hi guys" she smiled , shaking Laika's paw "yeah , I think so too , I'm new here , so that's most likely"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario, after watching his family leave, had decided to go back to the pen. Slipping under the door, he climbed Jake and took a rest on his shoulder.

"Hello once more. Is everything alright?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

serence ice fox wrote:"Oh , hi guys" she smiled , shaking Laika's paw "yeah , I think so too , I'm new here , so that's most likely"
Laika smiled, "Nice to meet you..." Smile temporarily left her face but came back really quick, "We're new here too!" Herodotus sighed again, "I'm Herodotus, that is Laika. Mind if we get your name, Laika here is going to have a hard time not knowing it."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I'm Storm" the lioness replied "So what are you guys doing here ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Met walked over and picked up the letter to read. He then read the full letter to the roos.
"He sounds like he isn't going to cause you any trouble," he said. "And sometimes you can't overcome a fear completely, but you can overcome its effects. I don't want to scare people, but I don't spend my days avoiding interaction in case it happens... not anymore."
"So how does one do that?" Joey looks at the letter and turns it over, seeing the picture.
"He drew us. Just like the humans did on the rocks in the dreaming." Joey breathes, referencing Australian Aboriginal tradition. "Do you really think we can trust him, Met? And how can we overcome our instincts? They're powerful things..."

~~~~~~~~
In the clinic, Geoff has seen Delilah's owners out and taken the dhole out to where Mr. K. waits with the x-ray machine. He slots what appears to be a large plastic rectangle into a slot designed to hold it vertically behind the table and has Delilah sit in front of it. He then tilts the machine down so that it's pointing straight at Delilah's chest before putting on lead-lined clothing and handing duplicate clothing to Mr. K to put on.
"Have you ever had an x-ray before, Delilah? Do you know how this works?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario glanced at the drawing, already knowing what it looked like. Instead, he shifted to Jake's head to rest. He thought of what Delilah was doing.
------------------
Delilah let everything happen, trying not to seem too scared. She shook her head to both questions asked of her. The Indian animal took in the machinery, waiting for it to be over.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"So how does one do that?" Joey looks at the letter and turns it over, seeing the picture.
"He drew us. Just like the humans did on the rocks in the dreaming." Joey breathes, referencing Australian Aboriginal tradition. "Do you really think we can trust him, Met? And how can we overcome our instincts? They're powerful things..."
"Well, I trust Delilah and Mario, and they trust him. So I do think you can trust him," Met replied. "But overcoming something so ingrained in your mind is a difficult task. But with the right help, it can be managed." Met pulled out a card from his collar. "I can get you in contact with a really good pet psychologist. He helped me and Maria with our problems. He isn't local, but I know he does remote sessions now. Maybe Geoff can get you an appointment when you're ready."

Met offered the card which read "Derek Drake: Pet Psychologist" along with his phone number, email, and the address of his home office in Sunset Plateau.

"you could probably find someone closer, but Dr. Drake is one of the best."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I'm Storm" the lioness replied "So what are you guys doing here ?"
Laika continued to smile, "Nice to meet you." She looked at Herodotus, "Well, we're here to stay and live our lives."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay. Well, don't be afraid. It's just like having your photo taken only instead of using light you can see it uses a different kind of light that you can't see but that goes right through you but not through solid bones so it gives us a picture on the special film behind you. All you have to do is hold still when I tell you. Can you do that for me?"

~~~~~~~~
Joey nods. "Thanks."
Jake takes the card with his left paw and reads it. "What's a psy- psych- psy-thingy?" he queries, stumbling over the word.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah nods, looking calm on the outside, but on the inside she wanted to run away and not return. She sighed and settled herself, holding as still as she could.
------
Mario leans over and reads the card himself.

"Psychologist, Jake."

Mario says it slowly as well.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Joey nods. "Thanks."
Jake takes the card with his left paw and reads it. "What's a psy- psych- psy-thingy?" he queries, stumbling over the word.
"A psychologist is a doctor who helps with issues of the mind," Met answered. "Things like fears and obsessions."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good, good. Everything ready on your end, Mister K?" Geoff queries as he sets the dial on the machine.

~~~~~~~~
"A human, you mean?"
"... We're only just used to Geoff... But I suppose another vet might be okay."
"Will he poke and prod us like Geoff does?"
"I hope not. I hate that. Especially the thermo-thingy."
"What about wires and shocks like in that movie? Only, they called that guy a shrink. But it said psych-whatever-it-is on the wall behind him." Now the roos are looking afraid again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Civilization wrote:
Serence Frostbite wrote:"I'm Storm" the lioness replied "So what are you guys doing here ?"
Laika continued to smile, "Nice to meet you." She looked at Herodotus, "Well, we're here to stay and live our lives."
"well welcome to town then , I'm new here as well , but I mean like , what are you guys doing right here in the vet's place ?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Oh, um..." Laika looked around, Herodotus let out another little sigh looking up at Storm, "We're here to meet someone new, and when we found you, you where all heading here." Laika looked at him, "You could be happier about this."
"I'm pretty happy enough right now."
"Come on, open up a little more."
Herodotus looked at her, she smiled at him, "Well, I'm here now, isn't that good enough." Laika poked him, "No, come on, this is a new place, for new beginnings."
"Are we really going to talk about this now?" They both looked back at Storm, "Sorry about that." Laika looked back at Storm, "So, what are you doing here?" Herodotus did everything in his power not to facepaw himself.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"A human, you mean?"
"... We're only just used to Geoff... But I suppose another vet might be okay."
"Will he poke and prod us like Geoff does?"
"I hope not. I hate that. Especially the thermo-thingy."
"What about wires and shocks like in that movie? Only, they called that guy a shrink. But it said psych-whatever-it-is on the wall behind him." Now the roos are looking afraid again.
"Psychologists usually don't do much other than talking you through your problems," Met explained. "You're thinking of a Psychiatrist. Anyway, he lives pretty far away, so as I said he'll probably be working with you over the computer. No actual contact, just talking. You could even pretend he's another animal."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Mr. K gives a thumbs up as he worked. Meanwhile snoring could be heard behind the desk where slept bandit and cooper
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Me ? oh I just got here a few days , finally met some new friends today , but one of them hurt herself , so we came here to have her looked at"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika continued to smile listening to Storm, Herodotus looked over at the desk and smiled himself at the sound of snoring. "Oh." The smile on Laika's face was temporarily gone. Herodotus looked at her and then up at Storm trying to figure out what was just said. "What were you doing?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay..."
"W-we could try that... And there's definitely no prodding?"

~~~~~~~~
"Excellent. Now, I'm going to yell in a moment so people know that I'm taking the x-ray so try not to jump and just hold still, okay? Good. Ready? X-RAYS!" A small beep later and Geoff removes the cartridge from behind Delilah and passes it to Mr. K.
"Well done, Delilah. One done. Let's see how that looks. That wasn't so bad, was it?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Civilization wrote:Laika continued to smile listening to Storm, Herodotus looked over at the desk and smiled himself at the sound of snoring. "Oh." The smile on Laika's face was temporarily gone. Herodotus looked at her and then up at Storm trying to figure out what was just said. "What were you doing?"
"huh?" Storm asked a little confused "what do you mean ?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay..."
"W-we could try that... And there's definitely no prodding?"
"Absolutely none," Met assured them.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Excellent. Now, I'm going to yell in a moment so people know that I'm taking the x-ray so try not to jump and just hold still, okay? Good. Ready? X-RAYS!" A small beep later and Geoff removes the cartridge from behind Delilah and passes it to Mr. K.
"Well done, Delilah. One done. Let's see how that looks. That wasn't so bad, was it?"
Delilah makes a frightened dhole noise in the back of her throat when he yells, but doesn't shift too much. Her ear swivels when the beep sounds. She looks at the cartridge, interested.

"I suppose it wasn't as frightening as first anticipated."
----------
Mario had bounced into Mets shoulder and took a place in his mane.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"huh?" Storm asked a little confused "what do you mean ?"
Laika looked at Herodotus and then back at Storm trying to figure out how to word it, "What happened to get you to have to come here with your friend?" Herodotus asked for Laika, "Yeah, that's what I meant."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well she fell , and we're just coming here , it feels a little more assuring to be here while she's in there , than going home and still worry about how she is you know"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos glance at each other and nod.
"All right."
"We'll talk to him. Or get Geoff to."
"Is the dingo gone now? Ow!" Joey ruefully rubs his ribs as Jake retracts his elbow.

~~~~~~~~
Geoff plugs the cartridge into a machine that resembles a large printer and soon after the x-ray image appears on the screen.
"Hmm. It's slightly blurred. Now that you know what's coming, do you think you can hold a bit more still for me? And try to hold your breath if you can, okay?" The vet slots the cartridge back behind the dhole.
"Ready? You can lean on it if you want or if you think it will help you keep more still."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"well she fell , and we're just coming here , it feels a little more assuring to be here while she's in there , than going home and still worry about how she is you know"
Laika brightened up, "Oh, that's nice of you." She then fell quiet, mind racing to think of something to say or ask. Herodotus looked at her and then at Storm again. "So are there any others in this town or was this group pretty much it?" Laika looked at Herodotus with the same big smile she always seemed to have, more happy now that he was trying to be more friendly.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I can't be sure to be honest , I think there might be a few more , but I haven't met them yet"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:The roos glance at each other and nod.
"All right."
"We'll talk to him. Or get Geoff to."
"Is the dingo gone now? Ow!" Joey ruefully rubs his ribs as Jake retracts his elbow.
"I think his note indicated that he was, yes," Met said as he walked to and opened the door. "You coming?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Geoff plugs the cartridge into a machine that resembles a large printer and soon after the x-ray image appears on the screen.
"Hmm. It's slightly blurred. Now that you know what's coming, do you think you can hold a bit more still for me? And try to hold your breath if you can, okay?" The vet slots the cartridge back behind the dhole.
"Ready? You can lean on it if you want or if you think it will help you keep more still."
Delilah simply takes a deep breath and calms herself, holding as still as she can. She thinks of home, all the places she had trekked to within India. The Taj Mahal. The beautiful Himalayas.

"Maybe we should go back. I'm sure the others would love to see a picture of the graceful mountains."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, that's much better." encourages Geoff after loading the new picture onto the computer. "Now we'll do one from side on too. Then we'll have a good look and see what we can see. This time you need to sit up straight and still and hold your breath again. Can you lift your arms over your head or is that too painful?"

~~~~~~~~
"Guess so."
"Thanks again for you help, Met. We really do appreciate it." With that the roos follow the lion back into the clinic.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I can't be sure to be honest , I think there might be a few more , but I haven't met them yet"
Both the polecats nodded their head, Laika's mind still racing to find something to talk about. She still hoped that Herodotus would try to continue the conversation, but that was probably unlikely. "Is there anything to do in this town?" She almost bursted with excitement at finding something to say.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, that's much better." encourages Geoff after loading the new picture onto the computer. "Now we'll do one from side on too. Then we'll have a good look and see what we can see. This time you need to sit up straight and still and hold your breath again. Can you lift your arms over your head or is that too painful?"
Delilah sits up and raises her arms over her head, albeit with some difficulty.
----------
Mario had fallen asleep in Mets mane.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Guess so."
"Thanks again for you help, Met. We really do appreciate it." With that the roos follow the lion back into the clinic.
and so, Met led the roos back into the lobby. "Did we miss anything?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Civilization wrote:Both the polecats nodded their head, Laika's mind still racing to find something to talk about. She still hoped that Herodotus would try to continue the conversation, but that was probably unlikely. "Is there anything to do in this town?" She almost bursted with excitement at finding something to say.
"sorry but I don't know about that either , I just got out of the house today."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: and so, Met led the roos back into the lobby. "Did we miss anything?"
"Oh !" Storm gave Met a smile "What luck , perhaps he can help us . I don't think you missed much Met , anyway guys , this is Met , I just met him today , same with the two kangoroo bothers , joey and Jake , they've been here longer than I am , so perhaps they could show us something to do after all this . Guys , these are Laika and Herodotus"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Oh !" Storm gave Met a smile "What luck , perhaps he can help us . I don't think you missed much Met , anyway guys , this is Met , I just met him today , same with the two kangoroo bothers , joey and Jake , they've been here longer than I am , so perhaps they could show us something to do after all this . Guys , these are Laika and Herodotus"
"We actually met when we were coming in," Met told storm, "But yeah, I can find us something to do."
"There's some fun stuff to do on the outskirts of town," Maria chimed in.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. I can see that's a bit painful for you...Hmm..." The vet grabs an empty IV stand and wheels it to the X-ray machine. "Can you reach out and hold your arms straight out and hang onto that? Is that more comfortable or is it better with your arms up?"

~~~~~~~~
"Heh, we're still learning the way around. Navigating is weird here. The sun and the stars aren't right."
"Yeah, Met's better with directions and with knowing what's here. You guys should follow him."
"What sort of fun stuff, Maria?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah reached out and grabbed the IV, finding it significantly easier and less painful to do to.

"This is easier to accomplish, doctor."
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika looked at Met and Maria full of eagerness, "Yeah, what sort of fun stuff?" She looked at Herodotus, "And what else is there in this town?" Herodotus looked at her in a disapproving shock, he looked at Met and waited for an answer, hopefully there wasn't much or Laika would have a field day dragging him around.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well, there's a cave system in the mountain region that exits outside of town," Met said. "There's a pretty nice underground lake, so if you like swimming or exploring, that's kind of fun."

"and there are some really nice bats down there, so if you wanna meet them, we can go at night," Maria chimed in. "and there are some shiny rocks, I've collected a bunch."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets