HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:and so Met ran through the streets to Storm. he made pretty good time, he did run every morning after all.
"Hey," he said as he got to Storm. "The pizza place is just a couple blocks back this way. Glad you could make it back."
"oh thank you" Storm smiled "sorry you had to come get me, I just don't know my way around yet"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Being the mischievous sod that he is, Joey decides to interrupt Delilah and Mario's game by pouring a little of his water over the dhole's head while his back is turned and then acting innocent as soon as he sees the small animal start to react.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Serence Frostbite wrote: "oh thank you" Storm smiled "sorry you had to come get me, I just don't know my way around yet"
"It's no problem, I actually like running," Met said, waving his paw as he led the lioness back towards the pizza place. "So such a short trip is nothing."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Being the mischievous sod that he is, Joey decides to interrupt Delilah and Mario's game by pouring a little of his water over the dhole's head while his back is turned and then acting innocent as soon as he sees the small animal start to react.
Mario's next word is turned into sputtering as the water pours over him. He turns to the roos, his headfur plaster to his forehead. He lifts it up to give the roos a passive aggressive glare.

"Which one of you did that?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What?"
"Did what?" Both roos are the picture of innocence as Joey offers the degu a napkin to dry off.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario snatches the napkin with a huff, rubbing it on his headfur before wrapping it around himself.

"Of all the things to happen, ugh! I look like a drenched RAT!"'

"Technically, you are a drenched rat."

Mario sends the worst death glare over his shoulder at Delilah.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "It's no problem, I actually like running," Met said, waving his paw as he led the lioness back towards the pizza place. "So such a short trip is nothing."
"ah , I see" Storm followed Met closely "I haven't ran for a while , don't know if I can even do that anymore" she said half jokingly
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joey can't help but snicker at that comment but at least he has the sense to try to hide it.
"Technically you aren't drenched. You're just a little damp." Jake offers helpfully as Joey takes the opportunity to tip a little more water on the degu as the small creature glares at the dhole.
"Okay. Now you may be drenched." Jake admits wryly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joey can't help but snicker at that comment but at least he has the sense to try to hide it.
"Technically you aren't drenched. You're just a little damp." Jake offers helpfully as Joey takes the opportunity to tip a little more water on the degu as the small creature glares at the dhole.
Mario's glare is hidden behind his headfur again as it flops back down over his eyes with another pour of the water. He spits out some of the liquid, not favoring it's taste either and huffs.

"I'm absolutely, positively, completely upset."

Mario has to resort to shaking to at least get somewhat dry. Afterward, he looks like a cotton ball, which makes Delilah have to hide her own snickers.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "It's no problem, I actually like running," Met said, waving his paw as he led the lioness back towards the pizza place. "So such a short trip is nothing."
"ah , I see" Storm followed Met closely "I haven't ran for a while , don't know if I can even do that anymore" she said half jokingly
"I'm sure you'd be able to keep up," Met replied. "After all, female lions in the wild are the ones that do all the hunting. I'm sure some of that natural ability is still in there."
---------
Mickey wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Joey can't help but snicker at that comment but at least he has the sense to try to hide it.
Mario's glare is hidden behind his headfur again as it flops back down over his eyes with another pour of the water. He spits out some of the liquid, not favoring it's taste either and huffs.

"I'm absolutely, positively, completely upset."

Mario has to resort to shaking to at least get somewhat dry. Afterward, he looks like a cotton ball, which makes Delilah have to hide her own snickers.
Maria decides to join in on the fun. she grabs a nearby pitcher of water with her tail, carefully and quietly climbing a rafter near Joey. She then dumped the pitcher on top of him. "Turnabout is fair game."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Gaah!" Joey nearly falls off the end of the bench seat in shock as the water drenches him. He shakes himself to clear the water from his eyes and grabs his bottle which has helpfully been partially refilled by Maria's attack.
"OH, IT IS ON!!!" he yells, squeezing his bottle forcefully enough to both crush it and send a stream of water in Maria's direction.

Jake, meanwhile, dives under the table to avoid getting soaked.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah snatches up Mario and dives under the table as well. She sits close to the seat with her legs to her chest, Mario on her knees.

"Oh. Hello, Jake."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Serence Frostbite wrote:
"I'm sure you'd be able to keep up," Met replied. "After all, female lions in the wild are the ones that do all the hunting. I'm sure some of that natural ability is still in there."
"yeah I suppose you're right" Storm smiled "I just haven't been able to exercise much is all"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Gaah!" Joey nearly falls off the end of the bench seat in shock as the water drenches him. He shakes himself to clear the water from his eyes and grabs his bottle which has helpfully been partially refilled by Maria's attack.
"OH, IT IS ON!!!" he yells, squeezing his bottle forcefully enough to both crush it and send a stream of water in Maria's direction.
Maria was surprised as the water hit her, enough to let go of the rafter she was hanging from. luckily, the fall wasn't far from the ceiling to Joey's head. she landed feet first on top of him, then immediately hopped onto the table. she grabbed another glass of water off of the table and splashed it into Joey's face. "Water Fight!"
--------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"yeah I suppose you're right" Storm smiled "I just haven't been able to exercise much is all"
"Well, You're welcome to join me on my morning run sometime," Met offered.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, Delilah!" Jake smiles, looking up at the bottom of the table.
"What are all those white blobs all over it? They look like bird droppings but they smell funny... Kinda like that froth Geoff gets on his mouth each night." he queries, pointing up at the gum under the table.

~~~~~~~~
Joey recoils and shakes the water from his eyes before lunging at Maria, trying to grab the monkey so he can hold her still to pour water on her.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hey, Delilah!" Jake smiles, looking up at the bottom of the table.
"What are all those white blobs all over it? They look like bird droppings but they smell funny... Kinda like that froth Geoff gets on his mouth each night." he queries, pointing up at the gum under the table.
Delilah looks up and immediately flicks her ears down, trying to avoid getting any of the gum anywhere near her fur.

"It's gum. It's like soft tree sap flavored different ways that you can eat."

"But this," Mario points to the gum under the table, "Has already been in someone's mouth. I wouldn't recommend eating this."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"that would be great , though you sure you don't mind ? I don't want to hold you back or anything like that"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:"that would be great , though you sure you don't mind ? I don't want to hold you back or anything like that"
"Don't worry, you won't," Met replied. "It's not like I'm an athlete with a set routine, I just like to run. I don't really care how fast or how far."
-----------
Hlaoroo wrote:Joey recoils and shakes the water from his eyes before lunging at Maria, trying to grab the monkey so he can hold her still to pour water on her.
Joey managed to catch Maria, but right before the water started pouring onto her, there was a sound from behind the table.
"*AHEM* You're going to clean up all this water before you leave, right?" asked the cashier sternly.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"But if it's for eating then why did they leave it there?" Jake asks, puzzled.

~~~~~~~~
Hearing the voice, Joey freezes mid-pour, heart thumping and unsure how to react, his exit cut off by the human.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Because some humans are just too lazy to walk to the trash can."

Delilah hears the voice and immediately goes to stand, banging her head on the underside of the table. Luckily, she avoided any gum. She collects herself and actually stands, looking at the cashier.

"Of course, sir. You needn't have worry."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mickey wrote:"Of course, sir. You needn't have worry."
"As long as you clean it up, go ahead and finish your fight," the cashier chuckled. it was a slow day and this was interesting.
"wait, what?" Maria asked, having thought she would be safe now.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

A small, large eared fox stands just outside the door, equal parts interested in what's going on inside and afraid to be caught in her discovery. Taking a deep breath, she pushes the door open and peeks inside, holding her journal close. "M-Maria?" she asks, sliding in cautiously.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Serence Frostbite wrote:"that would be great , though you sure you don't mind ? I don't want to hold you back or anything like that"
"Don't worry, you won't," Met replied. "It's not like I'm an athlete with a set routine, I just like to run. I don't really care how fast or how far."
"Ok then , I guess I can give it a try" Storm said enthusiastically "So where is this place you guys were eating at ?"
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Norbu scratched at his neck as he walked, he felt a little strange about all of this. The collar around his neck was new and pressed strangely on his thick scales. But dad had said that this town would be full of exhotic pets, and that he'd be able to go outside without being out of place... He just wished his dad hadn't meant right now. "Come on brother, don't be so pouty." came the voice of the cat beside him, his sister. "We've even got a big ol' pool to play in when we get back, but dad said we need to get some time and meet people for his next trip."

That was a fair point, before when their dad left they would just have to stay home and stay inside for the most part... Not exactly the most interesting and fun way to pass the days by. "Ok, ok." He said to his sister, looking at the fisher cat and smiling. "I get what you mean Kosh, we'll meet some people and stuff... Maybe we can get something to eat, no matter how much my digestion complains I will not survive another week on only insects."

Finally they walked into the shop and found themselves face to face with a variety of animals, ranging in type. "Well, this ought to be interesting..." Norbu said as he sidled along. He wasn't sure how to introduce himself but he was sure that they would be able to do so in time, as long as they didn't intrude. He held a paw out and stopped his sister from moving to run over to these folks and bother them, sighing slightly with a smile on his face.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"But... Why do they want to throw it out if it's food?" As a wild animal, the concept of discarding anything edible is as strange and ridiculous to Jake as though someone suggested he should grow an extra tail. The roo stays safely under the table as the human approaches though, just in case.

Joey stays frozen, water slowly trickling from his bottle over Maria's head, not sure what do do even after the human has gone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah smirks and sneakily grabs Jakes discarded water bottle. She waits carefully.

"Well, Joey. Shall we continue this duel?"
---
Mario, who had stayed underneath the table, looked at Jake.

"Cause some humans are gross. Some not all."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"But... Why do they want to throw it out if it's food?" As a wild animal, the concept of discarding anything edible is as strange and ridiculous to Jake as though someone suggested he should grow an extra tail. The roo stays safely under the table as the human approaches though, just in case.

Joey stays frozen, water slowly trickling from his bottle over Maria's head, not sure what do do even after the human has gone.
Maria feels the water trickle over her head, then she hears her name.
Leafolawl wrote:A small, large eared fox stands just outside the door, equal parts interested in what's going on inside and afraid to be caught in her discovery. Taking a deep breath, she pushes the door open and peeks inside, holding her journal close. "M-Maria?" she asks, sliding in cautiously.
"Oh, Tesla, hey," she said, easily slipping out of the roo's paw like she could have at any time and heading over to the fennec.
"What's up? you been doing anything today?"
------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Ok then , I guess I can give it a try" Storm said enthusiastically "So where is this place you guys were eating at ?"
"It's right here," Met said as he walked over to the door and opened it... only to be greeted by 3 of their group under the table, Jake still slowly pouring water onto the very wet table, and an equally wet Maria talking to Tesla. "I was gone less than ten minutes, what happened here?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"I... actually was just coming to see what was happening here. I... heard yelling..." The small canine shuffles out of the way of the much larger animals, readying herself to take some notes. "Aside from that—or... this, as it were—I haven't really had anything interesting happen today..." she mumbles, ducking her head to hide behind her journal some.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, hi, Met and Storm. Um... Joey may have started a water fight..." Jake grins.
Met's voice snaps Joey out of his trance and he swivels to face Delilah and throws the last of his water over her.
"Well, Maria started it. I just played a prank." Joey objects.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"oh....erm....hi...." was all Storm could say , while smiling awkwardly. She knew the roo brothers were in a new place , but this wasn't something she expected.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, hi, Met and Storm. Um... Joey may have started a water fight..." Jake grins.
Met's voice snaps Joey out of his trance and he swivels to face Delilah and throws the last of his water over her.
Delilah lowers her ears in an effort to avoid getting water in them, chuckling all the while. She unscrews the cap ad squeezes the bottle empty in Joey's direction.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:"I... actually was just coming to see what was happening here. I... heard yelling..." The small canine shuffles out of the way of the much larger animals, readying herself to take some notes. "Aside from that—or... this, as it were—I haven't really had anything interesting happen today..." she mumbles, ducking her head to hide behind her journal some.
"Well, we were just going to check out the Mini-golf place on the edge of town," Maria said. "you wanna join us?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, hi, Met and Storm. Um... Joey may have started a water fight..." Jake grins.
"Hey, don't pour water on someone if you aren't ready for someone else to do the same to you," Maria stuck out her tongue.

"Well, I guess we'll have to clean this up before we head out," met said as he grabbed a bunch of napkins and handed them to Maria. "Or rather, you guys will."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joey pokes his tongue out at Maria before gulping at the water Delilah shoots at him, trying to drink it from mid-air.
"Clean it up how? I don't fancy drinking off that floor."

"Just so you know, I had no part in this fight." Jake points out, sniffing curiously in the direction of the new fox. He's never seen anything quite like her before and doesn't know what to make of her.
"What kind of creature are you?" he queries, slowly and cautiously approaching. "You're the same colour as a dingo but you're shorter and have bigger ears and a fluffier tail."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joey pokes his tongue out at Maria before gulping at the water Delilah shoots at him, trying to drink it from mid-air.
"Clean it up how? I don't fancy drinking off that floor."
Delilah chuckles and looks around for a mop of some sort.
"Just so you know, I had no part in this fight." Jake points out, sniffing curiously in the direction of the new fox. He's never seen anything quite like her before and doesn't know what to make of her.
"What kind of creature are you?" he queries, slowly and cautiously approaching. "You're the same colour as a dingo but you're shorter and have bigger ears and a fluffier tail."
"She's a fox, I believe."
My characters!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla smiles a bit at Maria, then hides behind her journal again at the kangaroo's question, only nodding slightly at Mario's statement. "Well, a fennec fox..." she mumbles, starting to write things down in the book. "Minigolf sounds fun," she mutters, leaning around her journal to look at the monkey.

"I'm not a threat to you, probably even if I personally were an active predator..." she mumbles a couple seconds later, glancing over her journal at the kangaroo.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"oh boy...." Storm smiled with a small sigh "I'll help you guys with that" she said "is there a rag or something around here maybe ?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Oh, don't worry, it's just water," Maria explained. "Napkins should be able to do the job well enough." and she started to wipe up the mess they'd caused.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. A fox. Cool. I never met a fox. Never thought to. They're only threats to joeys though. I'm Jake. Nice to meet you." the roo grins, sticking a paw out at the fennec.
"That's my brother Joey over there."
"Hiya." Joey waves from where he's copying Maria's actions with a sodden napkin that's falling apart as he tries to wipe.
"Mine's not working like yours, Maria..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla peeks around her journal, and shrinks back at the outstretched paw before reaching out to shake it tentatively. "I'm Telsa Allen..." the small canine offers her soft introduction, shaking the kangaroo's paw tentatively before immediately going back to hiding behind and writing in her book as if it's compulsory.
Love me right now! Done.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah chuckles and slides a stack of currently dry napkins toward Joey.

"Use these instead."

Delilah takes one in her paw and begins to assist in the clean up.
------------------
Mario hops up on Jake's head, looking at the fennec himself.
My characters!