HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Really? We did it all the time back home! All the roos did! It's never been hot enough here though. Hmm, looks like the others are sitting. Shall we join them?"

"Well, I hope he has good taste then." Joey crosses his fingers. "What did you get for yourself?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"so , what are you gonna do?"
"what do you mean ?"
"well I obviously don't want you to stay home and be bored"
"but I'm not bored , I'm with you , to be honest I feel more assured this way."
"but you would rather play outside with your friends wouldn't you ?"
"well........they're around , I can meet them another time"
"you're horrible at lying" the old man chuckled
"I don't know how to find them though" Storm sighed , laying on her owner's leg "I keep forget about the phone thing"
"well they said they're gonna have lunch , so just go around town , find some dinner or something , you'll find them"
"Yeah......I'll think about it"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario hopped onto the table top while Delilah went to reordered their pizza. After paying, she returned to the table. She slides into the booth as well. She leans her head down on her arms and closes her eyes, resting lightly.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Really? We did it all the time back home! All the roos did! It's never been hot enough here though. Hmm, looks like the others are sitting. Shall we join them?"
"Huh... I'll have to try it sometime," Maria replies. "And yeah, we probably should." She began to head to the booth.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, I hope he has good taste then." Joey crosses his fingers. "What did you get for yourself?"
"Oh, I always get Buffalo meat on mine," Met replied. "I tried it my first day here and loved it."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

After paying for his own order Herodotus joined Laika over at the booth, "Chicken?"
"Chicken."
"Chicken." She smiled and chuckled softly.
"Hey, I said no promises."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah listens to the conversation going on around her, but only mentally gave her input. Mario, on the hand....

"Coating yourselves in saliva? Like, entirely? Ewwwwww! I never would have done that!"

Mario gags very animatedly. Delilah sighed and placed her paw over him.

"Ignore him. I've tried that once, but I didn't get much further than my forearm, for my pack mates weren't completely satisfied with the results. It supposedly, as they put it, "Ruined my beautiful sunset gold and cloud white coat." It did cool me off a little though, so I didn't have a problem with it, but I was forced to take a bath."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What? It's not gross at all. It keeps you cool. And I know cats do it too because I've seen them in movies in the drive-in and feral cats in the bush." Jake slides into the booth next to his brother as he talks.

"What's buffalo?" Jake queries. Although there are wild populations in the Northern Territory, Jake and Joey are from the southern end of the country so they've never seen or heard of them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"What? It's not gross at all
Hlaoroo wrote:"What? It's not gross at all. It keeps you cool. And I know cats do it too because I've seen them in movies in the drive-in and feral cats in the bush." Jake slides into the booth next to his brother as he talks.

"I think they actually do it to clean themselves," Maria states. "or at least that's what I've heard."

Hlaoroo wrote:"What's buffalo?" Jake queries. Although there are wild populations in the Northern Territory, Jake and Joey are from the southern end of the country so they've never seen or heard of them.

"It's like a cow," Met informed the roo. "But it's more exotic, and are actually part of the natural diet for lions."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, there you go. If it's for cleaning then it can't be gross, right?" Jake points out. "So what sort of pizza did you get, Maria?"

"Oh. I know cows! There were some of those near where the humans lived. They stank! I've no clue why you'd want to eat one or why the humans seemed to like them so much. I mean, the took them inside their house twice every day!" Joey clearly has no concept of the workings of a dairy farm.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh. I know cows! There were some of those near where the humans lived. They stank! I've no clue why you'd want to eat one or why the humans seemed to like them so much. I mean, the took them inside their house twice every day!" Joey clearly has no concept of the workings of a dairy farm.
The siblings can't help but giggle at Joey's thinking of cows.

"But, I do agree about one thing. Cows. Smell. Horrible."

"Oh, quit being such a drama king. Cows are very useful. They give milk. You know that thing you like to drink? Everyday."

Mario pouted at Delilah, who merely giggled.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika playfully nudges Herodotus, "Could have got beef."
"Too late now."
"Yep, and now you have to deal with it."
"Really."
"Really."
Herodotus let out a little sigh, "Okay."
Laika looked at Met, "And what does cow taste like?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, there you go. If it's for cleaning then it can't be gross, right?" Jake points out. "So what sort of pizza did you get, Maria?"
"Well I can never choose one topping," Maria answered. "So I get Mango and Crickets on mine."
Civilization wrote:Laika looked at Met, "And what does cow taste like?"
"um... taste is kind of a hard thing to describe," Met answered. "I'd recommend you try it if you can."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"We got the vegetarian pizza."

"I hope they have napkins."

Delilah put her paw over Mario again.

"Drama king~!" She said in a sing-song voice.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Mickey wrote:"Oh, quit being such a drama king. Cows are very useful. They give milk. You know that thing you like to drink? Everyday."
Joey raises his eyebrows. "You guys drink milk? But... Only joeys drink milk! And that stops soon after you get kicked outta the pouch. We grown-ups just drink water." Yup, the roos still have a lot to learn about the human world.

Jake, on the other paw, is rather taken aback by Maria's meal choice.
"Yuck! It's gross when you accidentally get crickets in your mouth when you're eating! Why would you put them there intentionally?" The roo pauses in the middle of pulling a face and then looks curious.
"What's a mango? It sounds fun, whatever it is. Mango mango mango. Maaaango. Mangoooo." Jake grins as he tries out the word.
"It's fun to say, at least."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Jake, on the other paw, is rather taken aback by Maria's meal choice.
"Yuck! It's gross when you accidentally get crickets in your mouth when you're eating! Why would you put them there intentionally?" The roo pauses in the middle of pulling a face and then looks curious.
"What's a mango? It sounds fun, whatever it is. Mango mango mango. Maaaango. Mangoooo." Jake grins as he tries out the word.
"It's fun to say, at least."
"Well, insects are part of my natural diet. though I only like them if they're prepared right. the living ones taste pretty bland," Maria explained. "and Mango is a fruit."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"um... taste is kind of a hard thing to describe," Met answered. "I'd recommend you try it if you can."
Laika looked back at Herodotus and smirked. Herodotus just shook his head, looking around the pizza place, a little in awe that such an establishment would exist. Though anything for a profit he supposed. Laika meanwhile listened to the other's go on about what they chose to eat.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joey raises his eyebrows. "You guys drink milk? But... Only joeys drink milk! And that stops soon after you get kicked outta the pouch. We grown-ups just drink water." Yup, the roos still have a lot to learn about the human world.
Mario and Delilah looked at one another before looking back at Joey. They take a few seconds to think off how to word their next sentences.

"Delilah don't mean milk from our mothers, she means milk from cows."

"Besides, we were weaned a long time along. We just drink cow milk because it's good for us."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joey stares at the pair and then just shakes his head in silence, utterly bewildered. With no clue how to respond, he turns instead to the polecats.
"So... What did you guys get?"

Jake, meanwhile, shrugs off Maria's taste for bugs.
"Huh. Well, each to their own. Give me grass and leaves any day. So... How long does it normally take the humans to make the pizzas?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joey stares at the pair and then just shakes his head in silence, utterly bewildered. With no clue how to respond, he turns instead to the polecats.
"So... What did you guys get?"
Laika looked at Herodotus and then at Joey, "Chicken." After listening to the others talk about their preference to food she figured that would probably sound odd to them too even though it was mentioned before. "Food is interesting, isn't it?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

after a while , talking and watching TV with her father , Storm finally decided to go out again , just for a walk , if she saw those pets again , it would be nice , if not , well then , at least some fresh air is nice
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario and Delilah shrug and Delilah lays her head back down. She stuck her tongue out a bit as she looked around the pizzeria, boredom clear on her face.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Jake, meanwhile, shrugs off Maria's taste for bugs.
"Huh. Well, each to their own. Give me grass and leaves any day. So... How long does it normally take the humans to make the pizzas?"
"Well, it may take a but longer than usual since they need to make yours special, but they should be ready soon."

and just like that, one of the employees brought out their Pizzas. "[alright, we have one personal cricket and mango pizza, one personal Buffalo pizza, and two personal celery and apple pizzas with potato crust and no cheese," he said as he placed them in front of the ones who ordered them. "yours will be out in just a few minutes," he added, indicating to Mario and Delilah. "And yours will be a while longer, since you just ordered," he told the ferrets.

"Thanks," Met said. "So, go ahead and try it," he said to the roos.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Chicken...?"
"Chook, I think, Joey."
"Ah. Huh. Weird... Oh, sweet! The pizzas are here!"
"Awesome! Thanks! I love when Geoff gives us apples!" The roos sniff at their pizzas and then watch Met and Maria to see how they eat the pizza. Never having eaten this dish before, and never having really sat at a dining table (Geoff likes to keep things comfortably natural for them), they're not quite sure how to handle themselves so they wait for guidance.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:and just like that, one of the employees brought out their Pizzas. "[alright, we have one personal cricket and mango pizza, one personal Buffalo pizza, and two personal celery and apple pizzas with potato crust and no cheese," he said as he placed them in front of the ones who ordered them. "yours will be out in just a few minutes," he added, indicating to Mario and Delilah. "And yours will be a while longer, since you just ordered," he told the ferrets.
The siblings looked at the pizzas and smiled. Jeez, they looked good. Hearing that theirs would be out soon made their stomachs grumble. Delilah put a paw on hers and chuckled a bit. Mario looked at roos, just as curious as they were, but more so in taste rather than how one eats it.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:And yours will be a while longer, since you just ordered,[/u]" he told the ferrets.
Herodotus nodded, "Okay, thanks."
Laika looked at the two pizzas, then at the roos, "Chook?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Chook?"

Delilah looks at the little pole cat and suddenly wanted to put her in her lap and tickle her. She was so cute!
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"It's Australian for chicken," Met explained as he grabbed a slice of his pizza. Maria did the same and took a bite.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah."
"That." the roos confirm before copying the lion and monkey and picking up a slice of pizza each. They quickly drop it again though.
"Ow!"
"Hot!" After blowing on their singed paws and the pizzas to cool them, the roos pick up their slices again and try them. Their eyes widen and they grin at each other and give each other a high-five.
"Best!"
"Tucker!"
"Ever!" they chorus, tucking in heartily.
"Can we have this every day?"
"And every morning and night too?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"It's Australian for chicken," Met explained as he grabbed a slice of his pizza. Maria did the same and took a bite.
"Oh." Laika smiled and nodded, "Okay." She really didn't understand that. She looked at the roo's as they got vocal about eating the pizza, now wondering what tucker was. "Is it really that good?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario and Delilah can't help but snickering when the roos burn their hands. The snickering because giggling at their enthusiasm for the pizza. They, too, are now wondering what a tucker is.

"Where's our pizza?"

"Patience, brother. Patience is-bah, forget it. I'm wondering as well."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah."
"That." the roos confirm before copying the lion and monkey and picking up a slice of pizza each. They quickly drop it again though.
"Ow!"
"Hot!" After blowing on their singed paws and the pizzas to cool them, the roos pick up their slices again and try them. Their eyes widen and they grin at each other and give each other a high-five.
"Best!"
"Tucker!"
"Ever!" they chorus, tucking in heartily.
"Can we have this every day?"
"And every morning and night too?"
"Well I'd normally say no, because pizza isn't the healthiest," Met replied. "but... yours is actually healthy enough that I suppose you'd have to ask Geoff."
Mickey wrote:Mario and Delilah can't help but snickering when the roos burn their hands. The snickering because giggling at their enthusiasm for the pizza. They, too, are now wondering what a tucker is.

"Where's our pizza?"

"Patience, brother. Patience is-bah, forget it. I'm wondering as well."
and just like that, the waiter came out with their pizza. "Here you are."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah waited a moment, grabbing a couple napkins and setting them down in front of Mario. She picked up a slice of the vegetarian pizza and split it in half. One half was set in of Mario and the other half was for Delilah. They both took a bite, smiling at the taste. Delilah pulled her head back, causing some of the cheese to pull out with her. She couldn't help but giggle as she attempted to eat the stringy cheese, holding her paw below it just in case it fell.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika smiled as the others got their pizza, it meant that the pizza they ordered was that much closer to being done. She looked at Delilah and Mario, "Is it good?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah, having finally just taken her claws and cut the cheese free, nodded. She wiped her mouth and swallowed.

"It's the first we have actually had pizza."

"Tastes good for a first time."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

wandering through the town back toward the clinic , Storm's mind wandered , between her past , her owner , the friends he just met. The question Met asked kind of got her thinking. He was right, shouldn't she be more bothered by not being able to remember? Even though her explanation is understandable to her , still, did she give up that question too easy ?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm. Well..."
"The dewey grass back home is still better but this is the best we've had over here. What's that stuff?" Jake points to the strings that Delilah is gobbling. Never having encountered cheese before in any form, let alone melted, the closest approximation he can think of is latex sap but he knows that's no good to eat and this smells very different anyway so he has no clue what he's looking at.
"Hey, you have it too, Met. Is it some sort of sap or something?" Joey tilts his head and points at the cheese on Met's pizza.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I wish. No, it's just cheese. You use the milk that comes from cows to make it. The process is lost on me though."

Delilah, having finished her first slice, picks up another and bites down hard, hopefully severing the piece from the slice entirely. She didn't. She groaned and cut the strings with her claws again.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"It's not exactly the healthiest choice of food," Met told the roos after he swallowed the bite he was chewing. "It's good,but Jeff's probably right to not let you have it."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Eh, I dunno-"
"-If we'd like-"
"-It anyway." The roos reply in alternating fashion. This sometimes confuses people or gives them a headache but the twins don't even notice that they're doing it, it being an instinctual thing.
Agreeing with each other that grass is better anyway, they happily continue to work on their pizzas.
"So what are we gonna-" Joey begins.
"-Do after lunch?" Jake finishes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika looked at Herodotus and then at the others, "That mini-golf place still sounds like it would be fun."