HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good, good. Stay like that then." A few moments later and Geoff has pictures he's happy with.
"All right. So you have fractured a rib but luckily it's not broken. So we'll put a bandage on your chest to put a bit of pressure there and stabilise it and reduce the pain. I'll give you some pain medication too. Don't go knocking or hitting that rib for a least four weeks though. So no sports or diving or anything like that, okay? Do you want to see the x-rays or do you have any questions?"

~~~~~~~~
"Sounds like fun!"
"I knew a flying fox back home. Name of Bea. She was a little... Different but she was really nice. She went travelling though. I haven't seen her in ages. Might be nice to see if the bats here are like the ones at home."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Good, good. Stay like that then." A few moments later and Geoff has pictures he's happy with.
"All right. So you have fractured a rib but luckily it's not broken. So we'll put a bandage on your chest to put a bit of pressure there and stabilise it and reduce the pain. I'll give you some pain medication too. Don't go knocking or hitting that rib for a least four weeks though. So no sports or diving or anything like that, okay? Do you want to see the x-rays or do you have any questions?"
No sports or diving? That's means no play-fighting either! Darn!

Delilah sighed and nodded.

"No rough-housing. I understand. And no, I wouldn't like to see them. I have no questions either."

Delilah uncharacteristically blew a raspberry as she laid back down. This was gonna be a long four weeks.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Sounds like fun!"
"I knew a flying fox back home. Name of Bea. She was a little... Different but she was really nice. She went travelling though. I haven't seen her in ages. Might be nice to see if the bats here are like the ones at home."
"Flying.....fox ?" Storm asked , a little confused , and strangely enough , kind of.........scared , for some reason , thought the fright was only there in a blink of an eye
"foxes don't fly , right ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Depends how hard you kick 'em!" Joey jokes immediately, causing both roos to snicker.
"One day that tongue is going to get you into serious trouble, Joey. Anyway, flying foxes are like really, really big bats. I think it's a bit of a misnomer actually. Bea insists she's not actually related to any foxes."

~~~~~~~~
"That sums it up nicely. No rough housing." Geoff runs a quick x-ray through Delilah's legs but finds nothing wrong so he binds her chest with a firm bandage and injects her with a strong painkiller.
"Here's some tablets to help with the pain and swelling. Take one every four to six hours as you need them. That injection I just gave you was a stronger medication so it might make you feel a little woozy for a while so just be careful of that. Here's a form with the instructions I just gave you so you don't forget everything. I've written on another appointment for two weeks time so I can make sure the rib is healing and give you more meds if you need them. Wanna go rejoin your friends now?" The vet passes the items to the dhole and helps her off the table.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "That sums it up nicely. No rough housing." Geoff runs a quick x-ray through Delilah's legs but finds nothing wrong so he binds her chest with a firm bandage and injects her with a strong painkiller.
"Here's some tablets to help with the pain and swelling. Take one every four to six hours as you need them. That injection I just gave you was a stronger medication so it might make you feel a little woozy for a while so just be careful of that. Here's a form with the instructions I just gave you so you don't forget everything. I've written on another appointment for two weeks time so I can make sure the rib is healing and give you more meds if you need them. Wanna go rejoin your friends now?" The vet passes the items to the dhole and helps her off the table.
"Thank you."

Delilah wanted to bow, but instead she gave the doctor a firm handshake. She also said a thanks in Hindi as she took the papers. She quickly found her way back to the waiting area and smiled. She began to walk over when she started to feel the slightest bit lightheaded. When she did make it over, she lightly leaned on Jake.

"Hello everyone! I have returned."

Delilah glanced at Met before smiling.

"Met, it appears you a little of Mario in your mane."

Delilah felt the medicine take effect, though it wasn't too much of a burden. She leaned on Jake a bit more.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both Laika and Herodotus looked at Joey in surprise. But with the arrival of Delilah Laika was quick to forget it, "Should we get you home?" She was looking at her with a little concern but still smiling.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Depends how hard you kick 'em!" Joey jokes immediately, causing both roos to snicker.
"One day that tongue is going to get you into serious trouble, Joey. Anyway, flying foxes are like really, really big bats. I think it's a bit of a misnomer actually. Bea insists she's not actually related to any foxes."
"yeah maybe not" Storm said , chuckling at the joke , before hearing Delilah and noticed how strange she was acting
"Delilah , are you....ok ? Everything's alright ? what happened in there ?" she asked with concern
Civilization wrote:Both Laika and Herodotus looked at Joey in surprise. But with the arrival of Delilah Laika was quick to forget it, "Should we get you home?" She was looking at her with a little concern but still smiling.
"yeah.....can we ?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I'm....fine. It's just the medicine the doctor gave me."

Delilah touches her bandages, making a "blegh" face as her vision started to focus again.
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I see" Storm nodded , but still frowning "Well , still , if the medicine is taking effect , we should probably get you home anyway "
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika watched Delilah's reaction to the medicine, "Yeah, don't push yourself any harder, no reason to go hurt yourself again and make it that longer to get better."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Mickey wrote: Delilah glanced at Met before smiling.

"Met, it appears you a little of Mario in your mane."
"huh?" Met asked before realizing what she had said. "Oh, I guess I didn't notice cause I'm used to Maria hanging around up there."
Civilization wrote:Laika watched Delilah's reaction to the medicine, "Yeah, don't push yourself any harder, no reason to go hurt yourself again and make it that longer to get better."
"Do you need a lift home?" he asked Delilah.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As Delilah leans more firmly on him, Jake automatically puts an arm around her to support her. He takes it off again a few moments later when he realises what he's doing.
"So... How broken are you, Delilah? Is it bad?"
"Why is the medicine making you like that? I had medicine for my paw and that didn't make me go funny..." Joey has no clue as to the difference between painkillers and antibiotics or even that there is a difference. All he understands is that medicine fixes things.
"Do you need to sit down? You were leaning on me pretty heavily."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah's vision focuses once more and she shakes her head. She blushes when Jake puts his arm around her and mumbles in disappointment when he removes it.

"I'm fine, honest.

Mario awoke with a snort, seeing Delilah's form. He jumped to her shoulder and climbed up to her head.

"All better?"
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Herodotus and Laika looked at each other, "Well, if you insist, we could just take it slow for now and make our way down the street." She hoped that they would lead them down the street to where ever they lived so they could 'accidently' bring her home. Herodotus looked at the counter, wondering if the two cats behind it were apart of this group and want to come too.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Maybe there're some side affects " Storm whispered to Met "I think we should still get her home , just to be safe"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"If Delilah says she's fine, she's probably fine," Met answered Storm.
"I won't take you home if you don't think you need to," Met told Delilah. "But I can still carry you wherever we go if you can't walk right."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yeah" Storm nodded "that's a good idea , let the guys help you Delilah , better safe than sorry you know "
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Yeah, let's keep going."

Mario looked at Delilah and sighed. With a snap of his fingers and a paw on his hip, Mario pointed to Jake.

"You should help Delilah back home. She can stand on her own two paws so that means she can walk. She can lean on you if she has to, but other than that she should be fine."

He turned to Met.

"You receive my gratitude for your help with my sister. Please continue with your day. May you your girlfriend here,"
Mario gestured to Storm. "Have a good day with us here."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"She's not my... I mean it's not like I wouldn't want... I-I mean I just met her," Met objected, blushing furiously and trying to hide it

"Doesn't mean you can't ask her out," Maria chimed in.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both Laika and Herodotus looked at each other after that little awkward situation, Laika being the of the happier sort looked at everyone else first, "How about we just sort this out on that walk, the fresh air would be good for that."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"G-Girlfriend ?!" Storm stuttered , completely flabbergasted by the sudden assumption
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"She's not my... I mean it's not like I wouldn't want... I-I mean I just met her," Met objected, blushing furiously and trying to hide it
"W-we were just met today too , I mean like , he's a nice lion and erm , I-" and then she just decided to stop , being digging herself any deeper .
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario couldn't help but smirk. Another little couple he would have to attempt to get together. He was such a shipper. He once again turned to Jake again.

"By take her home, I mean now. She needs to rest. And no matter what she says, no matter what cutsie faces she pulls, do not bring her back. She needs to rest."

Not inside Mario's vision, Delilah was pulling a kicked puppy face.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"D-don't look at me! I can't make her go home!" Jake exclaims, surprised.
"Yeah, no sense in her being bored. So what shall we do? Where're we gonna go?" Neither of the roos are looking at the dhole, both distracted by the lions and the degu.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario clicked his tongue and transferred himself to Delilah's muzzle. He walked down it and stood on the very edge of her nose. He looked at the roos again, mainly Jake. He draped one arm around himself and propped his elbow on it, balancing his head in his paw. He tapped his cheek before sighing.

"I guess you're right. I supposed we could continue. Delilah do you feel like you can continue on with us?"

"Yes, I'm fine! Let's go! I've been inside these four walls for too long."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well yeah , true , we should get out of here first , and see how it goes from there I guess"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"alright, we can decide what to do once we're out if here," met said. "Let's stop clogging up geoff's lobby."
and with that he and
maria went out the door.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika looked at Herodotus and smiled, "Ready?"
"No."
Laika frowned, "Come on." She lifted him by the shoulder and assisted his walking. She looked over at him and smiled while he just frowned in embarrassment. They walked outside behind Met and Maria, and waited with them outside. "Sure you just don't want to go home?"
"No, come on, have some fun."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Let's do it!"
"You probably don't want to lean on me though, Delilah. I'll jostle you too much." Jake shrugs Delilah off and hops out the door followed by Joey.
"So where're we gonna go, Met?"
"I've an idea! I saw a game on teevee the other night that looked fun. They had these round, white rocks that they hit with sticks and tried to hit castles and clowns. Do you have that here, Met?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Actually, I think there's a mini-golf course just at the end of Main Street," Met replied. We need to pay to play, though."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I......actually have never played golf before" Storm said , a little bit embarrassed about it.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Laika looked at the others, "Well, there's got to be just as fun stuff to do for free around here, or some interesting things to see." Herodotus looked at Laika and they whispered a converstion to each other, "Do you really feel like playing golf now?"
"No."
Then do you have a better idea."
Herodotus looked away, her smile always got to him, "No, but someone else probably does."
Furettia looked back at everyone else, "So is it golf or something else, standing here is great but there's something funnier out there."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Both animals tilt their heads in opposite directions at the mention of "mini-golf".

"What is this golf?"

"Yes, and why is it miniature? Is it something for people of my size?
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Oh, it's not quite that miniature," Met answered Mario. "and for the record it's only $5 a player. as for other options, we could visit the caves but they're better at night. and It may actually be gettingclose to lunch time, so we could get something to eat and decide on stuff from there.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, mini-gulf! That was it!" Jake doesn't get the word quite right. Something might have been lost due to the difference in accents.

As it happens the roos each have ten dollars on them and they feel quite rich. Still, before they can say anything more, Joey's belly loudly proclaims its support for Met's idea.
"Ooh. I dunno how you pets do it. Back home we'd spend all day foraging and eating when we weren't mucking around. Here we only get to eat three times a day!"
"Yeah. Just one more thing to get used to, I suppose. Let's get lunch. I'm hungry too."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Herodotus looked over at Laika, again keeping the conversation to a whisper, "We have no money on us."
Laika looked at Herodotus, "What, really?"
"Yes, we have no money. We can't join them if they go anywhere that costs money."
"Well then we can stick with them until they decide for sure if they want to do something that costs money."
Herodotus just looked at her, they would probably just be walking around anyways, at least there were others to distract her for now. They looked at the others, continuing to wait for a final decision amongst the group.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Oh ! Lunch , right !" Storm exclaimed "I just remembered something . Sorry I can't join you for lunch guys , I gotta get home for a bit . How about we meet up afterward ?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Oh, alright. I guess I'll see you after we're done," Met replied to storm. "So, who's in the mood for pizza? The local place has all kinds of cool toppings for exotic pets," he said. "and they make them personal size so we don't have to agree.
"My favorite is Pineapple and cricket," Maria exclaimed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. Bye, Storm!"
"Pizza?"
"What's pizza?"
"Oh! We saw that on the Teevee, I think." It's clear which of the brothers spends more time in front of the box. "Wasn't it that green stuff? On the... er... White stuff?" Jake is referring to basil pesto on pasta. The roos are till getting used to human food. This will be their first time eating pizza, or in fact, any Italian food. Geoff had been focusing on trying to keep them healthy and replicating their natural diet as best he can. The roos are looking forward to trying the new food, not having any clue that it might affect them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Herodotus just looked at Laika, after a while of that while listening to the others decide that they were probably most likely go do something which required money, she just nodded. Herodotus looked at the group, "Well, if you are all going to do that, then we will have to go home and get some money first before we can join you." Laika brightened up considerably after he said that they would join them, Herodotus just let out a weak smile.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh! We saw that on the Teevee, I think." It's clear which of the brothers spends more time in front of the box. "Wasn't it that green stuff? On the... er... White stuff?" Jake is referring to basil pesto on pasta. The roos are till getting used to human food. This will be their first time eating pizza, or in fact, any Italian food. Geoff had been focusing on trying to keep them healthy and replicating their natural diet as best he can. The roos are looking forward to trying the new food, not having any clue that it might affect them.
"No, Pizza is bread with tomato sauce, cheese, and various meats and vegetables on top," Met told the roos.
Civilization wrote:Herodotus just looked at Laika, after a while of that while listening to the others decide that they were probably most likely go do something which required money, she just nodded. Herodotus looked at the group, "Well, if you are all going to do that, then we will have to go home and get some money first before we can join you." Laika brightened up considerably after he said that they would join them, Herodotus just let out a weak smile.
"We could pay for you if you want," the lion told the polecats.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets