HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena takes in a deep breath, then looks over to the others. "Why is it always long winded? I mean, it's rude to interrupt, but does it really need that much energy? 'People I know died,' it's that easy."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Who knows" the wolf shrugged, taking a sip from her wine bottle as she sat down on the balcony and took in the sunlight
"Years of a lot of bad things can do that to some. So, what're you kids gonna do?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus sighed, feeling a deep sorrow for her, for the words she had spoken, for what she had suffered...and yet...
Hers was not an offer done on a serene soul, it was just another act of vengeance, no more noble than the monstrous sins commited by humans.
Hers wasn't a gift, a 'liberation' of sort, it was only a stronger act of push and shove. *How* could that bring serenity to the world, when animals themselves could be as faulty as humans, given the chance?
But he felt pity for her... "Hubert, is there something you can do for her? You had spoken about an offer..."
The dragon nodded. "And it still stands. A spirit unfulfilled is a damned spirit, she deserves better than this." he then vanished...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Leafolawl wrote:Rena takes in a deep breath, then looks over to the others. "Why is it always long winded? I mean, it's rude to interrupt, but does it really need that much energy? 'People I know died,' it's that easy."
"Some of what she said went over my head but that sounded like some deep government and military conspiracy stuff," Levi said. "I think i know a guy with connections to get that stopping if we win tonight."
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Who knows" the wolf shrugged, taking a sip from her wine bottle as she sat down on the balcony and took in the sunlight
"Years of a lot of bad things can do that to some. So, what're you kids gonna do?"
"I'm still gonna fight. and if we win, we need to get the good humans to make sure it's not the wrong choice, Like Levi said." Buster said, stating his resolve. "Our Uncle's a therapist for rich pets, his clientelle would pay anything to save us. And Janus, your mom's a lawyer, right? She probably knows people, or people who know people, at the very least. If what she said is true we have a chance of at least slowing it down."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

It was at that moment that Hubert came back to the scene."
"It is done. The vixen's sole purpose is to exact her revenge, and unless *you* can stop her, nothing will be done on my part to prevent her." The dragon exposed that fact as if discussing the weather.
Janus' eyes popped out. "B-but...but your promise..."
Hubert nodded. "I will keep it. Though not as you might have intended. She is present as a unique singularity on this plane, no amount of time manipulation would serve, for it would also bring the adversary back to the point where we started.
"She explicetely said she would disappear for good once her job was done. So it is up to you all now, I will not interfere. But I will keep my promise."

The Czech Wolfdog blinked. He just didn't understand: how could it be possible to...
"Do you still have faith in me, my child? A promise of mine is not something I take lightly, you know it."
Janus nodded, hesitantly. "I have faith, that much I know."
"Good. See you soon." A wink, and the tiny creature was gone
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"If you're going to fight, then you'll need this" the wolf said, taking out the bullets from her guns, and tossed each bullet toward each of the pets. All of the bullets burst into small balls of black fire in mid air, and eventually hovering before their face, like some sort of ominous will-o'-wisp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back within the deep forest, on top of the hill where Buster met the fox for the first time, the vixen sighed as Hubert vanished.
"I'm afraid we don't have much time left. This is the point of no return. I understand if any of us is having second thoughts. If you want to turn back from what's about to happen tonight, now is the time." She said, meeting eyes with a spirit of a bear with ruined eyes, a serpent whose body burned like charcoal, an owl whose wings were soak and broken, a pack of rats and bats, each bore marks of burn and boils, and then, to Meri.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"A black ball?" Rena deadpans, squinting at the orb. "If ya haven't noticed, ah've been flyin' blind the whole time. Ah don't know magic, or what you're doin'—or heavens, even what ah'm doin'. All ah know is ah'm goin' into a fight of some kind armed with only everythin' ah learned while ah was still part of a hunting troupe against magic an' possibly more," the shiba continues, leaning to peer at the wolf. "So ah'm gonna need a little more instruction than 'take this,' namely because ah don't know what this is," she summarizes, pointing at the flame before her.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:Back within the deep forest, on top of the hill where Buster met the fox for the first time, the vixen sighed as Hubert vanished.
"I'm afraid we don't have much time left. This is the point of no return. I understand if any of us is having second thoughts. If you want to turn back from what's about to happen tonight, now is the time." She said, meeting eyes with a spirit of a bear with ruined eyes, a serpent whose body burned like charcoal, an owl whose wings were soak and broken, a pack of rats and bats, each bore marks of burn and boils, and then, to Meri.
"I'm prepared to build my cubs a better, safer world," the bear proclaimed
-------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"If you're going to fight, then you'll need this" the wolf said, taking out the bullets from her guns, and tossed each bullet toward each of the pets. All of the bullets burst into small balls of black fire in mid air, and eventually hovering before their face, like some sort of ominous will-o'-wisp.
Buster and Levi both reached out to grab the fire. hopefully that's how they were supposed to take the power, singed fur smells horrible.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Leafolawl wrote:"A black ball?" Rena deadpans, squinting at the orb. "If ya haven't noticed, ah've been flyin' blind the whole time. Ah don't know magic, or what you're doin'—or heavens, even what ah'm doin'. All ah know is ah'm goin' into a fight of some kind armed with only everythin' ah learned while ah was still part of a hunting troupe against magic an' possibly more," the shiba continues, leaning to peer at the wolf. "So ah'm gonna need a little more instruction than 'take this,' namely because ah don't know what this is," she summarizes, pointing at the flame before her.
"touch it" the wolf said "It will manifest your soul into something you can fight with"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Buster and Levi both reached out to grab the fire. hopefully that's how they were supposed to take the power, singed fur smells horrible.
As their paws touched the fire, they can feel a sharp heat running from their fingers, up their arm and into their heart, then, as soon as it began, it ended, and the fire was no longer there
"yeah, like that"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "I'm prepared to build my cubs a better, safer world," the bear proclaimed
The vixen clenched her fist, then opened it to review shards of ice, each as big as a palm of hand, floating toward each and every spirits before her
"I will need a bit of time to open a portal for each of you to return to the time before your death. With these shards and the power they give, manifesting from your own will, you will be able to affect what would have happened back then. Whatever you choose to do, you must kill the human whose action led to your demise before it can take place, you will then find a small, dark flame, that is their essence. All I ask is for you to return it to me, for it will be the catalyst to realize your actions upon the past. Without it, history would remain the same. " she instructed. When the blind bear grabbed his shard, a light enveloped him, then his fur turned darker and darker, until he seemed to become a part of the night itself. When the charred serpent swallowed her shard, she grew larger as flames burst and covered her body, until she became a serpent of fire. The Owl, bats and rats all gathered their shards together, which shone brightly, then with a gust of wind, surrounded and lifted them all up in a ghostly green light, as their body faded in color until they were all green, transparent spirits.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus did likewise... Whatever will happen to me, as long as Buster, Mom...everyone I love is safe, no sacrifice will be too hard. Here goes noth-
The black flame *wrapped* him, wrapped his body head to toe! It felt...warm, like a hug, as his pores absorbed every iota of that arcane power...
Janus felt as if some dramatic pose was in order, but in truth he just stood there, watching his own arms as they grew...thicker, stronger. he felt every sinew and muscle of his body grow firmer, felt new energies coursing in every cell. I feel like i could run to Canada! he thought in a flash of exaltation...
and when it was over, when the last fickle of black flame was absoberd, Janus Lagrange was still there.
he had just...improved. dramatically so. Not a bulging mass of muscle, but rather the fine-toned body he always dreamt he could have, had he not locked himself from life all these years!
For now and for all, he Was The Hunter!
"Cool!"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The shiba inu huffs, paw snatching up the flame...

For Rena, the forming is rather simple. A hunting knife, sized for dogs. The flame—for whatever reason—also licks up the side of her face briefly, causing her to wince. Her free paw goes up to clutch at her head, face screwed up briefly in pain... then she relaxes, sighing in relief. "Good... That headache was gonna be nothin' but a distraction."
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote: As their paws touched the fire, they can feel a sharp heat running from their fingers, up their arm and into their heart, then, as soon as it began, it ended, and the fire was no longer there
"yeah, like that"
Neither the rabbit nor cat appeared any different. But that's because of their specific personal strengths.
Buster's strength lies in his analytical mind, a mind which now seemed to be working at a faster rate. the world almost seemed slow motion. Additionally, if he'd attempted to jump he'd find that the muscle density in his legs was higher than before, giving him better speed, agility, and kicking power.

Levi's muscle density had also increased, but all over his body. and trusting his gut, he tested another ability... he threw his kunai tag to his right and caught it as it came in from the left. His dreamwalking was leveled up, and he could instantaneously create paths through the spirit realm. "huh, instant transmission. neat."
------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:The vixen clenched her fist, then opened it to review shards of ice, each as big as a palm of hand, floating toward each and every spirits before her
"I will need a bit of time to open a portal for each of you to return to the time before your death. With these shards and the power they give, manifesting from your own will, you will be able to affect what would have happened back then. Whatever you choose to do, you must kill the human whose action led to your demise before it can take place, you will then find a small, dark flame, that is their essence. All I ask is for you to return it to me, for it will be the catalyst to realize your actions upon the past. Without it, history would remain the same. " she instructed. When the blind bear grabbed his shard, a light enveloped him, then his fur turned darker and darker, until he seemed to become a part of the night itself. When the charred serpent swallowed her shard, she grew larger as flames burst and covered her body, until she became a serpent of fire. The Owl, bats and rats all gathered their shards together, which shone brightly, then with a gust of wind, surrounded and lifted them all up in a ghostly green light, as their body faded in color until they were all green, transparent spirits.
Meri grabbed the shard in front of her... and the mother bear became Mother Nature. as she wished to protect her cubs, she would now defend nature from the evils of mankind, and she would have the aid of all the earth's vegetation. vines grew up and wrapped her body loosely.
(OOC: was kinda hard to come up with a poetically fitting power but Poison Ivy is good enough I think)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Now that you kids got your ......let's just call them weapons. Now that you got your weapons, time to play a little warm up game" the wolf said, as if announcing in a sport event. In three distant corners of the city below, East, North and South, three pillars of light shot upward into the sky
"Get to those 3 places you see before you. Give each of them a resolution, and bring back whatever you find there."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Now that you kids got your ......let's just call them weapons. Now that you got your weapons, time to play a little warm up game" the wolf said, as if announcing in a sport event. In three distant corners of the city below, East, North and South, three pillars of light shot upward into the sky
"Get to those 3 places you see before you. Give each of them a resolution, and bring back whatever you find there."
"Be back in a jiff!" Janus said, but not before planting a kiss on Buster's mouth. "take care, love. Now I am me in full, enough with split egos. I'm going north, guys!" And...he JUMPED. Down the building he went, his arms tight along his flankd to offer the least resistance to the air
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena watches Janus' exit for a second, then returns her attention to the Buster and Levi. "Right, do we follow, let 'im just do his thing, or do the two of ya think we should split up? Ah'm takin' Buster if we're splittin' up, no offense to you stranger."
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"oh, none taken," Levi replied, stepping up on the ledge of the building. "I'm going South, by the way," and the cat just fell backwards off the building... into a portal.

"I guess that leaves you and me going East," Buster said to Rena. "honestly I feel safer with your knife than his kunai.and no offense, we're probably the two who need the most help here."
-------
Levi emerged right at the pillar of light. "wow, that magic improved my aim."

(OOC: has the time freeze lifted now that we're taking action? can Furr hop back in?)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus grinned at the sight of the ground closing in very fast... "Hey, Hubs, time to fly, don'tcha think?" And at that question, a couple of spectral dragon wings appeared on the wolfdog's back! In a matter of seconds, his freefall had turned into a speedy and steady flight toward the pillar.
(and yes, sorry, timestop is over, go for it!)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Despite himself, Ray chuckles.
"Very clever!" he grins, carefully standing Lilly on her paws.
"Um... Do you think I have time to run next door and grab my parents before the cloud gets here?"
"Oh, definitely, this bunker goes under your place," Nettie answered. "Unless you guys found the hidden entrance and blocked it up, we should be able to grab them."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"There's an entrance in my place? Where? How many other houses can you sneak into?"
"What about my family? They live in Oak Street, opposite the park."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"We're really gonna need it if we don't get our tails movin'. Ah think this is the stairwell over here," she says, pointing with her free paw to a door on the roof as she begins making her way over.

((OOC: Just assuming they ended up on the roof of Town Hall, as it's one of the three buildings around the center of town, and it's likely to be taller, given Val's post.))
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote:Janus grinned at the sight of the ground closing in very fast... "Hey, Hubs, time to fly, don'tcha think?" And at that question, a couple of spectral dragon wings appeared on the wolfdog's back! In a matter of seconds, his freefall had turned into a speedy and steady flight toward the pillar.
(and yes, sorry, timestop is over, go for it!)
The closer to the pillar Janus was, the heavier his heart felt, as if something deep within his mind was surfacing. Eventually, in the distance, he could hear sounds of sobbing and screaming.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Levi emerged right at the pillar of light. "wow, that magic improved my aim."
Standing before the portal, Levi can feel a rush of.....doubt. What was his plan ? Was he prepared ? Was he good enough? Did he know what he was getting into?.....and many more teased his mind, whispered in his ears like echoes through the wind.
Leafolawl wrote:"We're really gonna need it if we don't get our tails movin'. Ah think this is the stairwell over here," she says, pointing with her free paw to a door on the roof as she begins making her way over.
On the other side of the door, there were sounds of footsteps, slow, heavy, but determined. At first it was distant, from down below, but as Rena approached the door, the footsteps grew closer and closer, until the door opened just before Rena can open it herself
"Oh......oh you're still here" The old vixen on the other side of the door said, apparently surprised to see Rena. At least, most would guess she was a vixen, she mostly looked like one, except for the three black horns protruded from her forehead, her dark, red eyes, and the fact that she was as tall as a human adult.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Everyone" the blue fox called out to the spirits, urgency and worry hinted in her voice "There's one more thing i would like to ask of you, but this will be a risky endeavor and your hands will be tainted with blood of those who have caused you no pain."
"What must we do?" the blind bear asked
"There're still many other hunters in this forest, too many compare to what little time we have left. If you were to eliminate these hunters, it will shorten the time the ritual requires before I can send you off to fix your past."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"There's an entrance in my place? Where? How many other houses can you sneak into?"
"What about my family? They live in Oak Street, opposite the park."
"Guys" Duke called in from outside the door "The fog stopped!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:Standing before the portal, Levi can feel a rush of.....doubt. What was his plan ? Was he prepared ? Was he good enough? Did he know what he was getting into?.....and many more teased his mind, whispered in his ears like echoes through the wind.
the cat briefly gave into the doubts. they're always there in the back of his mind, but it's usually easier to ignore. but he has to keep going, everyone was depending on him. so he shook his head to clear it up, and continued toward the portal.
----------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:On the other side of the door, there were sounds of footsteps, slow, heavy, but determined. At first it was distant, from down below, but as Rena approached the door, the footsteps grew closer and closer, until the door opened just before Rena can open it herself
"Oh......oh you're still here" The old vixen on the other side of the door said, apparently surprised to see Rena. At least, most would guess she was a vixen, she mostly looked like one, except for the three black horns protruded from her forehead, her dark, red eyes, and the fact that she was as tall as a human adult.
"we are," Buster said to the vixen "but we have somewhere to be. Who are you?"
-----------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Everyone" the blue fox called out to the spirits, urgency and worry hinted in her voice "There's one more thing i would like to ask of you, but this will be a risky endeavor and your hands will be tainted with blood of those who have caused you no pain."
"point me to them and I'll do what it takes," Meri replied.
---------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"What about my family? They live in Oak Street, opposite the park."
"hmmm, I'm sorry dear but that's farther than I could build without the government noticing," nettie said sadly.
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Guys" Duke called in from outside the door "The fog stopped!"
"that doesn't sound like any ominous fog I've ever seen," she said suspiciously.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"hmmm, I'm sorry dear but that's farther than I could build without the government noticing," nettie said sadly.
"Dang." Lilly swears grimly. Her emotions remain carefully in check though, bolstered by her faith in Hubert.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"that doesn't sound like any ominous fog I've ever seen," she said suspiciously.
"It's not a normal fog." Lilly points out. "I don't really understand myself what's going on and this might sound unbelievable, Mrs. Callahan, but it involves ghosts and magic."

"So where's the passage to my place? I wanna get my parents while I can."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The shiba sighs, looking up at the strange individual. "Ah hate to say it on account of it bein' rude, but we don't have the time for that. Unless you have something important to say, we'll need to get goin'," she reminds Buster, rubbing the side of her neck a bit uncomfortably as she turns her head to look to him. "Please tell me you have somethin' to help though. Advice, anythin'," Rena tries, looking back up at the unknown creature.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: the cat briefly gave into the doubts. they're always there in the back of his mind, but it's usually easier to ignore. but he has to keep going, everyone was depending on him. so he shook his head to clear it up, and continued toward the portal.
Though ignored, the feeling of doubt did not go away, but kept on growing at the back of his mind. As he stepped through the portal, the cat was briefly blinded by a brightly. When he could see again, he found himself no longer in a great city of cold, lifeless, concrete buildings, but back on his home, with the warm sunlight shining from above. There was however, still a lack of sound....as if he was the only person there.
Then, in the distance, there was a rustle...
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "we are," Buster said to the vixen "but we have somewhere to be. Who are you?"
"I'm Nad-" the creature replied, but was quickly interrupted
Leafolawl wrote:The shiba sighs, looking up at the strange individual. "Ah hate to say it on account of it bein' rude, but we don't have the time for that. Unless you have something important to say, we'll need to get goin'," she reminds Buster, rubbing the side of her neck a bit uncomfortably as she turns her head to look to him. "Please tell me you have somethin' to help though. Advice, anythin'," Rena tries, looking back up at the unknown creature.
"You're right" the creature nodded, stepping around Rena up to the roof "The faster you go and finish this the better. Which of those are you trying to go to?" she asked, indicating the pillars of light.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "point me to them and I'll do what it takes," Meri replied.
"The shards you're holding is attracted to humanity's essences, their wishes, their power, and within this land, the source of their manifested might. Follow them and they will lead you to them, just as their instincts will draw them to you. Be warned, however, that beyond that treeline is the realm of contesting will and existences. Despite no longer among the living, you still exist, and thus can be consumed by other stronger, opposing existences. Should this happen, there will be no after life for you, there will no longer be a you, everything that was you will cease to exist, including memories of you in others' minds. So, whatever happen, you must protect yourself, run, hide, or return here if you must, do whatever it takes to not be killed and consumed....
.....And, though others already knew this, you don't"
the fox said, looking directly at Meri "Heaven cannot bear the weight of a bloodstained soul. Blood from cruel foes and worthy preys can be cleansed, for those lives were taken to preserve your own. These lives you would be taking serve no such purpose, their demise serve nothing but to bring the end of their kind closer. Should you part take in this ritual of might and destruction, even if we succeed, its weight will always be engraved into your mind, and you, like the spirits around you now, will forever be bound to this world for eternity."
"Sssstays out of thisss" the snake whispered "We took our pathssss, we will finisssssh thisss. The children neeeddssss yooouu"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote: "So where's the passage to my place? I wanna get my parents while I can."
"I think you can just run out on the street, some kind of dome is blocking this mist is seem" Duke said, just before a magic circle appeared in bright green light a few meters from him. When the light died down, there was a white fox in its place. Her eyes burned bright red like boiled blood, her protruding canines and claws where long and dangerously sharp. In her right palm was a long spear, which looked more like a spiked long staff made from dark green, semi-transparent glass.
"On second thought" Duke said, hastily closed the door as quietly as possible "Take the tunnel, quickly"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:The closer to the pillar Janus was, the heavier his heart felt, as if something deep within his mind was surfacing. Eventually, in the distance, he could hear sounds of sobbing and screaming.
Lucky him, this time his mind wasn't split between him and the Hunter.
He recognized those sounds for what they were.
"So, looks like some old friend is paying a visit, after all..." he mumbled to himself, as he got closer to the pillar.
He landed, and his wings dissolved in bluish sparks. "Come out to play, guys!" he said to no one in particular. "I know a part of me should feel guilty for spilling your blood! but I'd like to remnd you that you had it coming! Remember? Don't be shy, though I'm not a weak puppy anymore!"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "we are," Buster said to the vixen "but we have somewhere to be. Who are you?"
"I'm Nad-" the creature replied, but was quickly interrupted
Leafolawl wrote:The shiba sighs, looking up at the strange individual. "Ah hate to say it on account of it bein' rude, but we don't have the time for that. Unless you have something important to say, we'll need to get goin'," she reminds Buster, rubbing the side of her neck a bit uncomfortably as she turns her head to look to him. "Please tell me you have somethin' to help though. Advice, anythin'," Rena tries, looking back up at the unknown creature.
"You're right" the creature nodded, stepping around Rena up to the roof "The faster you go and finish this the better. Which of those are you trying to go to?" she asked, indicating the pillars of light.
Rena immediately lifts a paw to point east. "Thanks for understandin', and sorry again." She otherwise doesn't say anything, keeping a firm grip on her knife.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:Though ignored, the feeling of doubt did not go away, but kept on growing at the back of his mind. As he stepped through the portal, the cat was briefly blinded by a brightly. When he could see again, he found himself no longer in a great city of cold, lifeless, concrete buildings, but back on his home, with the warm sunlight shining from above. There was however, still a lack of sound....as if he was the only person there.
this island was usually so full of life... last thing he knew there was magically an ancient city reemerged... did the spirits silence the island in the short time hes been gone? "oh no" he left them alone in a strange time, he should have been here.
Serence Frostbite wrote:Then, in the distance, there was a rustle...
Levi ran right for the sound. "hello? anyone there?"
-----------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"The shards you're holding is attracted to humanity's essences, their wishes, their power, and within this land, the source of their manifested might. Follow them and they will lead you to them, just as their instincts will draw them to you. Be warned, however, that beyond that treeline is the realm of contesting will and existences. Despite no longer among the living, you still exist, and thus can be consumed by other stronger, opposing existences. Should this happen, there will be no after life for you, there will no longer be a you, everything that was you will cease to exist, including memories of you in others' minds. So, whatever happen, you must protect yourself, run, hide, or return here if you must, do whatever it takes to not be killed and consumed....
.....And, though others already knew this, you don't"
the fox said, looking directly at Meri "Heaven cannot bear the weight of a bloodstained soul. Blood from cruel foes and worthy preys can be cleansed, for those lives were taken to preserve your own. These lives you would be taking serve no such purpose, their demise serve nothing but to bring the end of their kind closer. Should you part take in this ritual of might and destruction, even if we succeed, its weight will always be engraved into your mind, and you, like the spirits around you now, will forever be bound to this world for eternity."
"Sssstays out of thisss" the snake whispered "We took our pathssss, we will finisssssh thisss. The children neeeddssss yooouu"
Meri now considered possible consequences of her actions for the first time. she was ready to kill the human who killed her, and other greedy humans like him, but would she risk eternity for this cause? risk her cubs not remembering her if she fails?
"and... what would my existence be like for that eternity?" the bear asked. "would i be able to care for my cubs until they pass into heaven? and if I back out would you just leave me be?"
------------
Leafolawl wrote:Rena immediately lifts a paw to point east. "Thanks for understandin', and sorry again." She otherwise doesn't say anything, keeping a firm grip on her knife.
"so if you can help get us there, please do. otherwise we'll be on our way," Buster said. "any advice can be given in motion."
----------
Hlaoroo wrote: "It's not a normal fog." Lilly points out. "I don't really understand myself what's going on and this might sound unbelievable, Mrs. Callahan, but it involves ghosts and magic."
No, that's the usual cause of ominous fog, but it doesn't usually stop," Nettie explained.
Serence Frostbite wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"So where's the passage to my place? I wanna get my parents while I can."
"I think you can just run out on the street, some kind of dome is blocking this mist is seem" Duke said, just before a magic circle appeared in bright green light a few meters from him. When the light died down, there was a white fox in its place. Her eyes burned bright red like boiled blood, her protruding canines and claws where long and dangerously sharp. In her right palm was a long spear, which looked more like a spiked long staff made from dark green, semi-transparent glass.
"On second thought" Duke said, hastily closed the door as quietly as possible "Take the tunnel, quickly"
"Did this just upgrade from unknowable mist to something else?" Nettie said. "Hurry up, your place is right up these stairs, we may need to use the back door to my other bunker."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"The... Okay then." Lilly decides to take Nettie's word for it. She fiddles with the strap on her cane as she stands quietly in the chaos, not wanting to be in the way and not sure where to go to be out of it.

Ray needs no second bidding. He races up the stairs and into the house. All it takes is a glance out the window to convince his parents to follow him down into the bunker.
"Down here! Come on, hurry!" Closing the door behind him, the cat follows his parents down the stairs and into the bunker.
"Everyone, these are my owners, Jack and Jen Stevens. Mom, Dad, this is Duke and Mrs. Callahan, and Lilly you already met, albeit briefly."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: Lucky him, this time his mind wasn't split between him and the Hunter.
He recognized those sounds for what they were.
"So, looks like some old friend is paying a visit, after all..." he mumbled to himself, as he got closer to the pillar.
He landed, and his wings dissolved in bluish sparks. "Come out to play, guys!" he said to no one in particular. "I know a part of me should feel guilty for spilling your blood! but I'd like to remnd you that you had it coming! Remember? Don't be shy, though I'm not a weak puppy anymore!"
Janus was surrounded by a thick layer of mist, though he could still vaguely see the buildings around him, the exactly details were almost impossible to make out. As he spoke, his voice echoed into the unknown, then something else echoed back. Footsteps, rapid, uneven, erratic.
"H-He-" a voice called out between ragged breaths as a shadow approached Janus from within the mist, vague shaped like some kind of canines. However, before whoever it was could even finished the word, something much faster, much more savage appeared out of nowhere and slammed its victim against a nearby wall, before dragging it away, leaving only the echoes of fright to pierce Janus's ears.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Meri now considered possible consequences of her actions for the first time. she was ready to kill the human who killed her, and other greedy humans like him, but would she risk eternity for this cause? risk her cubs not remembering her if she fails?
"and... what would my existence be like for that eternity?" the bear asked. "would i be able to care for my cubs until they pass into heaven? and if I back out would you just leave me be?"
"We can neither promise a long, peaceful life, or a gate way to heaven for your cubs. We can promise however another chance in life, you will get the chance to care for them for as long as them and yourself are alive, if they have no regrets in life, then they will most likely pass on in time. In death, you will walk the Earth for eternity. We do not know what fate will become you. Perhaps you will just remain as you are, or you can fall to despair, and driven to madness, yet, if you hold onto your self, one day someone would call upon you, someone who would share your will, and requires your strength, to fight against a foe much greater than men, to fight in the eternal war we've waged against those that wishes, but must not come to be" the blue vixen explained. "But it is your choice. Should you walk away from this, we will not involve you any longer.
Leafolawl wrote: Rena immediately lifts a paw to point east. "Thanks for understandin', and sorry again." She otherwise doesn't say anything, keeping a firm grip on her knife.
"It's fine. The Rena I know isn't the kind to beat around the bush either."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:Rena immediately lifts a paw to point east. "Thanks for understandin', and sorry again." She otherwise doesn't say anything, keeping a firm grip on her knife.
"so if you can help get us there, please do. otherwise we'll be on our way," Buster said. "any advice can be given in motion."
"Sure" the creature said, as two pairs of wings unfolded from her back. These phantom wings, though shaped like bird wings, has patterns like those on butterfly wings instead. With a flap from the creature's wings, winds start blowing around them, and Rena, Buster, as well as the creature found themselves floating, as if gravity was suddenly gone.
"Let's go then" she said, then flew eastward, while Buster and Rena followed after her.
"I'm not the kind to actually give wise advice to be honest, but if you have anything to ask before we get there, I'll try to answer it"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Did this just upgrade from unknowable mist to something else?" Nettie said. "Hurry up, your place is right up these stairs, we may need to use the back door to my other bunker."
"No, just another fox just appeared out of thin air, and she doesn't look friendly" Duke explained
Hlaoroo wrote:"The... Okay then." Lilly decides to take Nettie's word for it. She fiddles with the strap on her cane as she stands quietly in the chaos, not wanting to be in the way and not sure where to go to be out of it.

Ray needs no second bidding. He races up the stairs and into the house. All it takes is a glance out the window to convince his parents to follow him down into the bunker.
"Down here! Come on, hurry!" Closing the door behind him, the cat follows his parents down the stairs and into the bunker.
"Everyone, these are my owners, Jack and Jen Stevens. Mom, Dad, this is Duke and Mrs. Callahan, and Lilly you already met, albeit briefly."
"Hi, Mr and Mrs Steven" Duke said, trying to keep it casual

(OOC: I'm not forgetting Levi, I just need some more time to understand him more, but i know i postponed this for way too long already, so here's.....everyone else first)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:Janus was surrounded by a thick layer of mist, though he could still vaguely see the buildings around him, the exactly details were almost impossible to make out. As he spoke, his voice echoed into the unknown, then something else echoed back. Footsteps, rapid, uneven, erratic.
"H-He-" a voice called out between ragged breaths as a shadow approached Janus from within the mist, vague shaped like some kind of canines. However, before whoever it was could even finished the word, something much faster, much more savage appeared out of nowhere and slammed its victim against a nearby wall, before dragging it away, leaving only the echoes of fright to pierce Janus's ears.
"Ohh, you *do* want to play, eh? Let's have some fun, Hub!" And with that, he jumped into the mist...
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The shiba inu stifles a startled yipe as her paws leave the ground, and kicks a bit uncertainly as they start moving. "R-right... Definitely one of those days..." she mutters, distracted from the comment on who she is by the foreign feeling of flying.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:"We can neither promise a long, peaceful life, or a gate way to heaven for your cubs. We can promise however another chance in life, you will get the chance to care for them for as long as them and yourself are alive, if they have no regrets in life, then they will most likely pass on in time. In death, you will walk the Earth for eternity. We do not know what fate will become you. Perhaps you will just remain as you are, or you can fall to despair, and driven to madness, yet, if you hold onto your self, one day someone would call upon you, someone who would share your will, and requires your strength, to fight against a foe much greater than men, to fight in the eternal war we've waged against those that wishes, but must not come to be" the blue vixen explained. "But it is your choice. Should you walk away from this, we will not involve you any longer.
"If I can care for them, I don't care what happens to my soul," the bear answered. and she began to follow where the shard directed her.
-------------
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Sure" the creature said, as two pairs of wings unfolded from her back. These phantom wings, though shaped like bird wings, has patterns like those on butterfly wings instead. With a flap from the creature's wings, winds start blowing around them, and Rena, Buster, as well as the creature found themselves floating, as if gravity was suddenly gone.
"Let's go then" she said, then flew eastward, while Buster and Rena followed after her.
"I'm not the kind to actually give wise advice to be honest, but if you have anything to ask before we get there, I'll try to answer it"
Buster took a moment to adjust to the strange sensation of floating before following the creature. "do you know anything about what we're facing?"
--------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Did this just upgrade from unknowable mist to something else?" Nettie said. "Hurry up, your place is right up these stairs, we may need to use the back door to my other bunker."
"No, just another fox just appeared out of thin air, and she doesn't look friendly" Duke explained
"oh good, a situation 561 still uses this bunker."
Serence Frostbite wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"The... Okay then." Lilly decides to take Nettie's word for it. She fiddles with the strap on her cane as she stands quietly in the chaos, not wanting to be in the way and not sure where to go to be out of it.

"Hi, Mr and Mrs Steven" Duke said, trying to keep it casual
"Nice to meet you, I'm your neighbor."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, Duke, Lilly." Jack nods.
"Hey."
"So, do you know what's going on, Mrs. Callahan?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: "Ohh, you *do* want to play, eh? Let's have some fun, Hub!" And with that, he jumped into the mist...
The scream led Janus deeper into the mist, but just after a few steps, a small voice called out from behind him
"Please don't go there" it said "That's where bad people go"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "If I can care for them, I don't care what happens to my soul," the bear answered. and she began to follow where the shard directed her.
The shard led her in one direction into the forest as the other spirits also went their separate ways. As it went, the shard's shimmering light swept across the dark, foreboding treeline , deeper and deeper it went, until suddenly it shone as bright as a lighthouse, then all the light converged into a single ray, shooting into the distance, where something was revealed. It was so far away however, that the only detail Meri can possibly make out was that it was vaguely humanoid. The creature, on the other hand, clearly has seen her clear enough, as it shot something directly at her before dodging out of the light.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Buster took a moment to adjust to the strange sensation of floating before following the creature. "do you know anything about what we're facing?"
"I was never told for certain what it is, to be honest, but..." she said, landing in front of the pillar, as Buster and Rena gently lowered to the ground shortly after
"It involves something from your past, something you need to overcome, so that your foe can learn from you and overcome themselves. It will be challenging, but as long as you can breathe, as long as you can remember for whom you're fighting for, you must stand and face whatever adversaries it is in there, because no matter how hopeless it get, try, and you will eventually win"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "oh good, a situation 561 still uses this bunker."
"Situation 561?" Duke asked, clearly puzzled
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: this island was usually so full of life... last thing he knew there was magically an ancient city reemerged... did the spirits silence the island in the short time hes been gone? "oh no" he left them alone in a strange time, he should have been here.
Serence Frostbite wrote:Then, in the distance, there was a rustle...
Levi ran right for the sound. "hello? anyone there?"
You weren't here a voice whispered from behind his ears suddenly
you left.... said another whisper, coming from the left
then another rustle, coming from thee right, as if someone just jumped into a pile of grass.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
valerio wrote: "Ohh, you *do* want to play, eh? Let's have some fun, Hub!" And with that, he jumped into the mist...
The scream led Janus deeper into the mist, but just after a few steps, a small voice called out from behind him
"Please don't go there" it said "That's where bad people go"
And he stopped.
Had it been another time, when The Hunter was the dominator, Janus would not have listened to that voice.
"Speak up and show yourself, whoever you are."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I was never told for certain what it is, to be honest, but..." she said, landing in front of the pillar, as Buster and Rena gently lowered to the ground shortly after
"It involves something from your past, something you need to overcome, so that your foe can learn from you and overcome themselves. It will be challenging, but as long as you can breathe, as long as you can remember for whom you're fighting for, you must stand and face whatever adversaries it is in there, because no matter how hopeless it get, try, and you will eventually win"
"Hope ah never have to fly like that again..." the dog mumbles to herself, physically shaking herself in the hopes of doing away with some of the discomfort. "... Thank you," she offers after brief pause to straighten herself out. "Y'all've already been a huge help."

Rena then looks to Buster. "Sorry if you're not ready, but ah think the sooner we go in, the better."
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:"Hope ah never have to fly like that again..." the dog mumbles to herself, physically shaking herself in the hopes of doing away with some of the discomfort. "... Thank you," she offers after brief pause to straighten herself out. "Y'all've already been a huge help."

Rena then looks to Buster. "Sorry if you're not ready, but ah think the sooner we go in, the better."
Buster took a deep breath. "Yeah, let's get this over with," he said as he stepped into the light. "I'm not gonna get more ready just standing here dwelling on it."
---------
Serence Frostbite wrote:You weren't here a voice whispered from behind his ears suddenly
you left.... said another whisper, coming from the left
then another rustle, coming from thee right, as if someone just jumped into a pile of grass.
Levi turned to the sound. "Only for a few hours... to help stop the end of the world as we know it. I think." his resolve was faltering a bit.
---------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Situation 561?" Duke asked, clearly puzzled
Hlaoroo wrote:"Hey, Duke, Lilly." Jack nods.
"Hey."
"So, do you know what's going on, Mrs. Callahan?"
"One of various doomsday scenarios I've planned for," Nettie answered. "Ghosts, demons, weird mist, an evil or morally grey fox. classic 561. We should be safe in my bunker."
----------
Serence Frostbite wrote:The shard led her in one direction into the forest as the other spirits also went their separate ways. As it went, the shard's shimmering light swept across the dark, foreboding treeline , deeper and deeper it went, until suddenly it shone as bright as a lighthouse, then all the light converged into a single ray, shooting into the distance, where something was revealed. It was so far away however, that the only detail Meri can possibly make out was that it was vaguely humanoid. The creature, on the other hand, clearly has seen her clear enough, as it shot something directly at her before dodging out of the light.
a nearby tree branch reacted to stop whatever was shot at her. the powerful bear closed her eyes and connected with the forest to search for the creature as she advanced towards it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena takes a step forward before pausing. "If we meet again, ah hope it's under less pressure," she says apologetically without turning to face the strange fox, then continues forward. The hunting dog adjusts her grip so as to have her knife ready in case of the worst of circumstances.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That... Is an oddly specific thing to prepare for." Ray opines, trying to hide a smile.
"Yeah... Any other day I'd have said you were crazy, Mrs. Callahan. Today though, I think you're our best shot at survival. What do you need us to do?"
"...Should be?" Lilly asks uncertainly, nervously shifting her grip on her cane.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters