HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Buster »

Watching as the others talk she looks over where Hazyl points... and doesn't see anything at all. At first she seems like she's going to say something about that, but just kinda winds up standing there with a dumb look on her face when Tara speaks up before she can get a word out. Now glancing between the two of them her ears are drooping and her expression had gone beyond confused.

Are they seeing something I'm not?

"Huh?" she finally mumbles, feeling a bit lost.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Someone like us? I hope you don't mind my asking but... Are you just referring to your eye or have you some other disability? It's just... I've never met anyone else with a disability before... You know, I'd love to experience some of your magic but I'm afraid most magic shows lose something without the ability to see them. Still, if you can do anything that I can appreciate without seeing it then that'd be awesome!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

"I am referring to the suffering of all of us. when is the last time you've heard of someone aiding the homeless and sick?" Martin asked "And I mean to really help them, not just ditch them in some institution. It doesn't matter if it's going to be a human or an animal." he continued, sounding as if it's personal "The answer will be barely anyone. I-" he cut cut his sentence intentionally, calming down quickly and shaking his head. He took a deep breath and continued "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound harsh. My opinion on humans is most conflicted."

He took another deep breath to focus and then continued "Nevermind my problems though. You have a bigger one - you think that magic is merely a visual medium! But know this - it ain't all sighted! there are tactile tricks too!"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hazyl looked at Buster with her head tilted. "What's wrong Buster?" she asked, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I don't see anyone." She grumbles, still confused. "Don't hear anyone either, just you making your voice go funny."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Voice go funny?" Hazyl repeated, tilting her head in confusion. She shifted slightly and scratched her ears. "What do you mean? I'm right here." Lydia said, waving at Buster.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I don't see her either," Tara said. "I just assumed she can be selectively invisible. And only talks through possesion. I'm relatively new to this whole thing, I don't claim to know how every ghost presents themself."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, she does only talk through possession. I guess that's what you mean." Hazyl said, nodding. "As for being invisible, I can see her. Do you guys not?" she asked, confused.

Lyn, who was fiddling with his tag, poked Mickey and gestured her to come closer.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon and Ion were walking down the main street to the bookstore. "Do we really need more books, we have plenty." Ion said. "They could have some we don't, plus we need to see our new home town!" Eon told Ion. They both walked into the bookstore to see a group of animals. "Um... Hi." Eon said, Ion stood behind him looking around.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

You'd have to be a bit more elaborate than that then. Miles thought to Rena. Then he noticed the interaction between the new ghost and pet.

Hubert, if your here or can be reached, any way of clearing up the subject for us if you don't mind? He thought to the spirit dragon.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Lilly hears the tone of Martin's voice and understands that this is both something he's passionate about and something he doesn't really want to talk too much about.
"It's okay. That wasn't harsh at all. I agree with you too. I also wish there were more thoughtful humans out there. Tactile magic though? Now you've got me curious! I didn't know such a thing existed! Tell me more - or better yet, can you show me some? Please?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey's ear swivels toward the door, followed by her head. She notes the two new ferrets and walks over. She holds out her paw and flashes a smile.

"Howdy, there fellas! Ah'm Mickey! What'er yer names?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I..." Ray pauses. Why is he concerned for this pet he doesn't even know? It would be easy to just leave her on the step, cut his losses and make friends with the other pets on the shop floor. He knows he'd never forgive himself if he did that though.
"Every pet is important." he answers, eventually. "Everyone deserves friends and happiness, you included, and I would help with bringing that about if I can. Besides, you're a bit of a mystery to me. Call me stupid but my curiosity is piqued. Most pets I can read and understand easily but you I can't figure out and I want to know why. You're a challenge, I guess, and I like a challenge. You just implied that you will be happy in the long run but that which will bring about your happiness is not yet within your grasp, or at least, is not what will bring about short term pleasure. Am I to understand that you have some plan and that you don't want help? You're independant, I can tell that much..." the cat trails off, pondering.
Rena laughs some, shaking her head as she stands. "Ah'm not lonely, and ah don't really make plans. Just a rough idea on how to go forward with a healthy amount of wingin' it. Miles and Duke are down there and Miles is pesterin' me a little up here," she says, tapping the side of her head. "And you've been decent enough to talk to. Feel free to follow me up while I get to Duke's leg. Startin' to bite like a flea knowin' that he still has those stitches in his leg, bein' healed up and all."
xhunterko wrote:You'd have to be a bit more elaborate than that then. Miles thought to Rena.
<Give me time to unwind a bit and talk to him again, and ah'll see if I can figure out what rubs me the wrong way about him.> The shiba inu's left ear twitches a bit. <Ah'm just not great with meet 'n greet.>

She steps down from the spot on the stairs she'd been sitting at, then turns toward the open area of the bookstore. "Ah'll be headin' up to the livin' place up top," she announces, giving a few apologetic looks. "Duke? You gonna head up with me?" she asks, not quite aware of the fact that the fox had left.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon quickly reaches out and shakes Mickey's hand, "Nice to meet you Mickey, my name is Eon... Eon points to Ion, And that's Ion." Ion looked at Mickey and waved, "Hi."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hazyl turned towards the newcomers and quickly moved extremely close to Ion's face. "Ooh, new pets! Hi, I'm Hazyl. You guys have very similar names. Are you two related?" she asked, bouncing and moving in a circle around Ion and Eon. She suddenly stopped and sighed. "Hazyl, calm yourself. Sorry, she tends to get excited around new people. I'm Lydia. It's nice to meet you." she said, extending her paw.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Ion looked at Eon for reassurance, Eon looked back and nodded. " Hi, and yes, we are identical twins." Both Eon and Ion looked puzzled at each other when Hazyl's voiced changed. "Um... Nice to meet you two." Ion said. "I'm Eon, he's Ion. Just so you two got it down." Eon said to Hazyl/Lydia.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Wait You're possessed?!" Buster asked going wide eyed, still a bit weirded out about the whole ghosts thing. Giving a half hearted 'hi there' at the new arrivals, her attention still fully on Tara and Hazyl.

Sounding a little nervous she continues, "Um... Is that safe? Doesn't that always make people go crazy in ghost stories?" Buster asks Tara, since Hazyl seems to be focusing on the newcomers at the moment.
Last edited by Buster on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ah, fair enough. Miles thought to Rena.

Buster felt a cold finger tap tapping on her head.

"Not nice to overreact," Miles said quietly, "Yes it can be. But I don't think Hazyl is in any danger here."
Last edited by xhunterko on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Leafolawl wrote: She steps down from the spot on the stairs she'd been sitting at, then turns toward the open area of the bookstore. "Ah'll be headin' up to the livin' place up top," she announces, giving a few apologetic looks. "Duke? You gonna head up with me?" she asks, not quite aware of the fact that the fox had left.
"erm.....sorry Rena" Serenade spoke up from behind the dog "Duke kind of , erm , wandered off somewhere already"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

xhunterko wrote:Ah, fair enough. Miles thought to Rena.

Buster felt a cold finger tap tapping on his head.

"Not nice to overreact," Miles said quietly, "Yes it can be. But I don't think Hazyl is in any danger here."
((out of character for a sec, you have your pronouns backwards. She's not a dude.))

Considering her location atop a bookshelf the only thing that should have been above her would be the ceiling. So Really, her being startled, loosing her balance and tumbling to the floor was pretty much guaranteed to happen.
"Gah!" Buster gasped, picking herself up off the floor. "What did I say about the whole appearing out of nowhere thing?!"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey drops to all fours, of course feeling no shame it's Mickey, and bounds over to Buster. She helps the other cat.

"Ya'll alright? What made ya fall?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon ran over to the the cat, "Are you ok!?" Ion stood by, waiting to see if the cat needed help.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Are you okay?" Lydia asked, rushing over to Buster. "Are you hurt?" Hazyl asked, worried.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Doping the glare she had been aiming at Miles and looking over at the others, she shrugs.
"I'm okay I guess, I've fallen out of worse. Just 'spooky' over there sneaking up on me again." She answers, Gesturing behind her, before realizing just how many of the others her fall had interrupted. "Sorry..."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Spooky? Who's 'Spooky'?" Hazyl asked, confused.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon looked back at Ion with a confused look, Ion just shrugged. "Where exactly is this 'spooky'?"
The Moon Howler

Hlaoroo wrote:Lilly hears the tone of Martin's voice and understands that this is both something he's passionate about and something he doesn't really want to talk too much about.
"It's okay. That wasn't harsh at all. I agree with you too. I also wish there were more thoughtful humans out there. Tactile magic though? Now you've got me curious! I didn't know such a thing existed! Tell me more - or better yet, can you show me some? Please?"
Martin grinned
Sure thing, but ye must follow my instructions, alright?

Lilly smiled, exited.
Sure thing, what must I do?

For now – hold my wrists.” the half-wolf said, stretching his arms towards Lilly.

The ferret hesitated at first, but stretched her own paws, finding and grabbing the ones of the canine.

Good. Now I’ll curl my right paw into a ball, but I’m gonna leave a small opening on the top – enough for you to put your fingers in and check if there’s anything there.
And so he did. Once he curled up his paw into a ball, Lilly checked the opening.

There’s nothing in there. Now what?

Now go ahead and put your paw back on the wrist. I’ll blow into the gap and who knows what will happen?” he explained with the tone of a well-trained magician.
She followed his instructions. A second later, he blew some air in it, then looked at the ferret once more.
Good, now check if there’s something in there.” Martin instructed, grinning.

Lilly put her paw in the gap and to her surprise she felt something between his fingers.
Wait a second! Is that a… shoelace?” she pulled it out and checked it again. “No, it’s a piece of thin rope.

Indeed!” Martin said “But for the trick I have in mind, we are going to need two of those.” He continued “How about you blow in there this time?

Really? Can I?” the ferret asked, excited

Go on ahead!” Martin said “Do some magic! And don’t forget to check inside as well.

The ferret grinned and blew some air in the gap herself. She then checked if she was successful. She was – she pulled another piece of rope.

Excellent!” Martin commented “Now please, check the ropes again and tell me what do you learn about them!” the half-wolf said, handing her his piece of rope.

Lilly checked the ropes and found out that they were approximately the same length and they both were durable.
So the ropes are identical, now what?” She asked.

“So what we’re going to try and do with this is I’m going to take these back from you.” He took the ropes from her “And I’m going to place them across the back of your neck.

Okay.” She replied, not knowing what to expect.

I’m going to lay these ropes across the back of your neck like so.” Martin placed the middle part of the ropes where he said “And I’m going to drape it down your front.” And so he did. Now that the ropes were laying on the ferret, the half-wolf continued “Now I’m going to take any two ends.” He said as he took a random end from each of her sides “And now I’m going to knot them and very gently put that across your throat. So you feel it?

Yes” she replied, starting to get a bit hesitant once she felt the rope knot on her throat. At that moment Martin let go of the rope.

Great!” Martin explained “Now I’m going to grab all these four ends.” He said, grabbing the ends on each of her sides with his paws “You can feel them too if you want to.

Alright.” She said and found her way to the ends of the ropes. She felt them all the way to where Martin held them.

Okay, for the final part of the trick, I want you to relax completely.” The half-wolf explained “You’re going to feel it go right through your neck. Are you ready?

I’m ready!” Lilly answered

Okay!” Martin said “One… Two… Three.” The half-wolf said and pulled the ends…

The ropes ended touching her throat (nothing on the back of her neck as well), but without the knot. The ferret was unharmed and well.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

This is spooky. Though honestly all I did was tap her head, heh. Miles thought to Eon and Hazyl.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon looked around and saw nothing, he looked at Ion and put out his paws and pointed up. Ion shook his head no, and Eon put both forearms ups and opened his paws. Ion shrugged, Eon looked at Hazyl/Lydia "Please tell me you heard that."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey looked up and saw nothing. She hadn't heard anything, so the fact that people were looking around confused her.

"What ya mean 'spooky'? I don't see a dern thang."
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"The other ghost... Who's name I forget. Not-Tara." Buster explained, stumbling over her words a bit near then end. Shrugging and gesturing at empty space.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Lilly's heartbeat increases exponentially as Martin counts down and as soon as she feels the tension on her neck vanish she reaches up and runs her paws around her throat, her jaw dropping.
"What...???" Reaching out, she feels for the ropes and runs them through her paws, finding them just as intact as she had earlier. A slow smile spreads over her face as she feels her neck and then the ropes again. This is the first time she's experienced magic and she's blown away by it.
"But... I... How??? What??? Cripes! That's incredible!" she giggles, lost for words.
"My... My neck and the... Huh! Wow! Can you show me another? Please?"

~~@@~~@@~~
Ray laughs too. "Winging it has always worked for me too! Thanks for the offer. I'd love to come. What happened to his leg, by the way, if it's not too impolite to ask?" The cat follows the little dog back to the shop floor.
"Erm, I think Duke left actually, Rena. Sorry to disappoint you... Er... Guess I'll see you when you get back down then?" he half-asks, feeling that it might be inappropriate to follow her since his invitation had appeared dependant on Duke's response.
"You mean Miles?" Ray asks Buster, hearing her question. "Yeah, don't mind him. He likes to tease a bit. Er... I don't think I saw you come in. I'm Ray. Nice to meet you!" Ray holds out a friendly paw.
What did you do to her, Miles? he thinks to the ghost. Tara, can't you stop him terrorising the newcomers? he mentally jokes to the other ghost.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:"The other ghost... Who's name I forget. Not-Tara." Buster explained, stumbling over her words a bit near then end. Shrugging and gesturing at empty space.
"His name's Miles," Tara informed Buster
Hlaoroo wrote:Tara, can't you stop him terrorising the newcomers? he mentally jokes to the other ghost.
I would if I could, Tara thought back. But he has a few decades more experience at being a ghost than me.And I don't think I could talk him out of it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Um, hello?" Hazyl said, confused as to who just spoke in her mind. She quickly forgot about it when she saw Ray. She bounced towards the cat and got really close to his face. "Ooh, a new pet. Hi I'm Hazyl. What were you doing up there? How long have you been here? Do you know everyone else?" she asked, firing off question after question without waiting for an answer.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Hi Ray. Wait... his name is miles?" Buster asks, snickering. Her mind immediately jumping to the only other example of someone with that name she can think of. "Shouldn't he be wearing a magenta suit and a goofy fluffy neck thing then?"

She was actually kind of disappointed now, that she wasn't paying attention when that came up last time. Suddenly he seems a lot less scary...
The Moon Howler

Hlaoroo wrote:Lilly's heartbeat increases exponentially as Martin counts down and as soon as she feels the tension on her neck vanish she reaches up and runs her paws around her throat, her jaw dropping.
"What...???" Reaching out, she feels for the ropes and runs them through her paws, finding them just as intact as she had earlier. A slow smile spreads over her face as she feels her neck and then the ropes again. This is the first time she's experienced magic and she's blown away by it.
"But... I... How??? What??? Cripes! That's incredible!" she giggles, lost for words.
"My... My neck and the... Huh! Wow! Can you show me another? Please?"
"I see that ya liked that trick. Good! I'll make another one an' more!" Martin replied "I'll even give ya a choice - Mentalism, Animation, Prediction or Pulse stop?" he grinned "Take yer pick an' I'll make it happen."

My RP Characters
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Um..." Eon looked at Ion, and decided it was best not to ask questions now. We came here to look for some medical books." Eon looked at the group, Ion shuffled over to the bookshelf. "I'm Ion and that's Eon." Ion said to Ray pointing to himself and Eon.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:"Um..." Eon looked at Ion, and decided it was best not to ask questions now. We came here to look for some medical books." Eon looked at the group, Ion shuffled over to the bookshelf. "I'm Ion and that's Eon." Ion said to Ray pointing to himself and Eon.
"I'm not sure how many medical books we have, but I seem to remember ordering a few," Nettie said as she looked around trying to remember where they were. "Not text books or medical journals, but stuff like obscure diseases." She then remembered they were in with the non-fiction section. "Ah yes, right over here," she said, pointing the ferrets to a shelf in the middle of the store.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena turns her head to look back at the cat. "Nah, it's alright Ray." She then leans forward and sniffs at the fox in front of her. "'Sides..." She straightens, unfocused eyes trying to give Serenade a measuring stare. "Ah still got someone ah need to talk to. We can talk just outside, right?" the shiba inu asks the vixen pointedly, arms crossing in front of her.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Leafolawl wrote:Rena turns her head to look back at the cat. "Nah, it's alright Ray." She then leans forward and sniffs at the fox in front of her. "'Sides..." She straightens, unfocused eyes trying to give Serenade a measuring stare. "Ah still got someone ah need to talk to. We can talk just outside, right?" the shiba inu asks the vixen pointedly, arms crossing in front of her.
"well , erm , sure" Serenade replied hesitatingly , Rena's stare alone was enough to send a chill down the vixen's spine . Did she do something to offend her ?