HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good, because I don't." giggles the ferret. "And Ray, that's easy for you to say but what about me?"
"Uh... Well..." By now Lilly is laughing.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't tease."
"Yeah, I walked into that one though, didn't I?" Ray grins.
"Totally!" Turning her head to follow the sound of the rattling bag of sugar candy, Lilly sniffs at the air.
"What did he give us? They smell sweet. A mansion sounds fun to explore though. I wonder if it's haunted. We might meet a real- Oh, wait. We already did meet some ghosts. Well, that takes some of the fun out of exploring a haunted house. Never mind. I'm sure there's lots of other cool stuff there."
"Yeah. And who knows? There could be some less-friendly spirits there too. Sounds like an awesome adventure!" Ray enthuses.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Um.....it seems like some kinds of candy" Serenade answered , holding a skull up to Lilly's nose
Hlaoroo wrote: "Yeah. And who knows? There could be some less-friendly spirits there too. Sounds like an awesome adventure!" Ray enthuses.
"erm....I'm not sure meeting some unfriendly spirits would be a good idea actually guys" she said nervously
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Well, I wouldn't call it a mansion but it is a large home," Tara replied.
serence ice fox wrote:"Um.....it seems like some kinds of candy" Serenade answered , holding a skull up to Lilly's nose
Hlaoroo wrote: "Yeah. And who knows? There could be some less-friendly spirits there too. Sounds like an awesome adventure!" Ray enthuses.
"erm....I'm not sure meeting some unfriendly spirits would be a good idea actually guys" she said nervously
"Yeah, unfriendly spirits are no fun, can't even make a decent joke," she quipped. "But don't worry, I don't think there are any around here."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Mickey wrote:"It's alright!" Mickey said, tugging at her red handkerchief. She was used to people asking about the bright red garment, and was deciding on to tell her or just wait for her to ask. She deciding against it and cleared her throat.

"So, ya wanna hang out? Yer the first critter I've seen and I kinda don't like being alone. But it's a'right if ya don't cause I'm young."

Mickey tugged at her handkerchief again as she waited for her answer.
"Sure! I've been hanging out all day! Mostly on this tree.." Jessie replied happily, tilting her head playfully. "I wish they had monkey bars at that park, they're the most fun to hang on! Ooh! Hey, how about we go find a tree and- oh, wait. You're maybe a little too small for that.. But your a cat so that's okay! Ooh! 'Nother idea! How about we go find my other friends!? I only met them yesterday, but they're the best! Especially Grace and Serenade! I bet they'll be maybe at the pizza place in main street! Let's go there!"

Jessie skips past Mickey and heads off down the street, waving for her new cat friend to follow.

(ooc: Sorry I hadn't replied earlier, had things to do.)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
"Sure! I've been hanging out all day! Mostly on this tree.." Jessie replied happily, tilting her head playfully. "I wish they had monkey bars at that park, they're the most fun to hang on! Ooh! Hey, how about we go find a tree and- oh, wait. You're maybe a little too small for that.. But your a cat so that's okay! Ooh! 'Nother idea! How about we go find my other friends!? I only met them yesterday, but they're the best! Especially Grace and Serenade! I bet they'll be maybe at the pizza place in main street! Let's go there!"

Jessie skips past Mickey and heads off down the street, waving for her new cat friend to follow.
Mickey smiled and quickly followed after Jessica, smiling up at her. She was glad to have made a new friend, despite her young age. Mickey tugged at her handkerchief, but only because it was rubbing at her neck.

"So, Jess, what's yer favorite thing about being in a new place?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"Oh, all sort's a-things! Like new friends, new places, loads an' loads of new smells.. It makes me really happy!!" Jessie replied, making sure she wasn't going too fast for her friend. "What's the best is the friends, new people are always so.. Um.. I can't remember the word, but it's a good thing and it's the best!"

The two round a corner and onto the main street.

"Okie dokie, the pizza place is on this road.. We'll be sure to find them around here!" Jessie said, looking up and down the road.

As she looked, Jessie notices the new music shop down the road.

"Ooh! That wasn't there yesterday.. Hey, let's go see what it is!" She says, heading towards the new shop..
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sensing Serenade's paw in front of her by the heat and by the smell of fox and sugar, Lilly sniffs at the candy and reaches her paw up to feel the texture. Although she can discern a certain symmetry in the ridges and hollows on the skull, she's unable to work out what shape the candy is.
"Well, it smells nice. Shall we try it? What shape is the candy? It feels kinda symmetrical." Lilly tries to take the candy from Serenade, curious as to how it tastes.
"But yeah, I agree. We should avoid bad spirits. I've read enough books to know that. Oh, that reminds me. I did want to get to the bookshop at some stage."
"Well then, it's settled. We'll go to the abandoned mansion via the bookshop and eat the candy along the way. Shall we go?" Taking the lead, Ray heads to the door and opens it, pausing to look back at the other pets.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Oh, all sort's a-things! Like new friends, new places, loads an' loads of new smells.. It makes me really happy!!" Jessie replied, making sure she wasn't going too fast for her friend. "What's the best is the friends, new people are always so.. Um.. I can't remember the word, but it's a good thing and it's the best!"

The two round a corner and onto the main street.

"Okie dokie, the pizza place is on this road.. We'll be sure to find them around here!" Jessie said, looking up and down the road.

As she looked, Jessie notices the new music shop down the road.

"Ooh! That wasn't there yesterday.. Hey, let's go see what it is!" She says, heading towards the new shop..

"Alright! Ah never had much music on the farm. A few songs."

Mickey saw Jessica getting farther away.

"Hey!"

The cat dropped to all fours, catching up to Jessica in just a few leaps. She stood up and rolled her shoulders, checking her paws for cuts.

"So this is a music shop, huh?
Last edited by Mickey on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Jessie was standing next to the door looking in the window. "Looks like it! And there's my friends! And they've made new friends too! Come on!"

She stepped to the side and walked in the door which was being held by Ray. "Hi there everyone!!" She shouted gleefully as she stepped in, waving. "I see you've made some new friends! I did too! This is Mickey from the country!" She added, pointing to her said friend.
Character Reference
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Oh, they are in a skull shape, lilly. Draco said, after finishing one of the candies. "Yes, lets go to the bookshop." He followed Lilly and Ray to the door. When the two new pets walked in "Oh hi, I am Draco nice to meet you both. he addressed them both wagging his tail.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Howdy!"

Mickey waved with her left hand, right hand subconsciously reaching up to tug at her handkerchief. She had to look up at the new animals.

"As Jess here said, Ah'm Mickey! It's a pleasure to meet you critters!"

She finally removed her paw from her neck and held it out to the others.

(ooc: Mickey's speechwas changed to sound more country)
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After the group has decided where to go , Serenade , holding Lilly's paw so she wouldn't get lost , headed out after everyone else , as the others introducing themselves , the vixen stood back a bit , she kind of knew some of them already after all
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The ferret smiles and crunches the candy skull in her mouth. "A skull? So halloween candy? Cool! You know, I've never been trick-or-treating. I grew up in a rough area. My parents thought it was too dangerous to let me go out much so I was mostly in the house and yard."
She nearly chokes on her candy in surprise as Jessie exuberantly enters the shop. Swallowing, she turns her head towards Jess, who was nearest to her when she shouted, and twists a finger in her ear.
"Wow, easy there. I'm blind, not deaf. Name's Lilly. What's yours?" she queries, sticking out a paw for a shake.
"Hi, I'm Ray Stevens! Nice to meet you guys. We were just going exploring. Wanna come?"
"Jack Stevens. Owner and proprietor of Stevens Music and More. If I can do anything to help then just ask." Jack greets warmly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

(A return post coming up so please excuse the probable mishaps :mrgreen: )

Duke had wandered off to a quiet section of the store for quite some time, able to hear the others but not see them. He disappeared between aisles of different instruments and books with wavy symbols on them. Time passed and the fox became quite entranced in all of the new things to see and explore, picking up something here and an item there more or less being careful, the only exception being a few books hastily put back around where they came from in no particular order as well as a few instruments in different spots but otherwise harmless. Still secluded away Duke heard the voices and sounds of new pets, the new scent becoming apparent but hard to distinguish. He carried on though and wandered for a while just sort of getting in a days worth of curiosity done in one store and it wasn't until another few pets entered the building and chatted with the others, the outcome sounding like they were all leaving for somewhere, that was when Duke started to slowly wander back towards the friendly populace meeting back at the front just as everyone left the store, the fox gave a quick thank you to the humans who owned the music shop and then started on his way after the group, keeping a quick pace until he felt close enough to be considered a part of the group once more. Hopefully he wouldn't wander again.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: Duke had wandered off to a quiet section of the store for quite some time, able to hear the others but not see them. He disappeared between aisles of different instruments and books with wavy symbols on them. Time passed and the fox became quite entranced in all of the new things to see and explore, picking up something here and an item there more or less being careful, the only exception being a few books hastily put back around where they came from in no particular order as well as a few instruments in different spots but otherwise harmless. Still secluded away Duke heard the voices and sounds of new pets, the new scent becoming apparent but hard to distinguish. He carried on though and wandered for a while just sort of getting in a days worth of curiosity done in one store and it wasn't until another few pets entered the building and chatted with the others, the outcome sounding like they were all leaving for somewhere, that was when Duke started to slowly wander back towards the friendly populace meeting back at the front just as everyone left the store, the fox gave a quick thank you to the humans who owned the music shop and then started on his way after the group, keeping a quick pace until he felt close enough to be considered a part of the group once more. Hopefully he wouldn't wander again.
"hey again Duke" Serenade whispered teasingly into Duke's ears , while waiting for the others to introduce themselves "Glad to have you back with m-I mean...with us , again"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote: "hey again Duke" Serenade whispered teasingly into Duke's ears , while waiting for the others to introduce themselves "Glad to have you back with m-I mean...with us , again"
Duke let up a modest and bright smile as the words seemed to float quietly into his head, shifting his sight completely over to the vixen he couldn't help himself but to smile wider and even tease her with a slight expression as she caught herself. The fox kept a close distance to Serenade so he could whisper back with ease
"I'm glad to be back too, my sweet" He whispered with a teasing and slightly dramatic tone, silently chuckling and even giving her a little bump with his waist against hers finishing it off with a little wink.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey smiled at the fact she had made new friends. She followed everyone, humming Cotton Eye Joe. She loved the country song, being the only thing she ever found herself singing after a certain dinner party hoedown. She mindlessly started dancing the moves to the song, forgetting she was with other pets.

"If it hadn't been for Cotton Eye Joe, I'd been married a long time ago! Where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?"
Last edited by Mickey on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Still holding Serenade's paw, Lilly suddenly finds herself trapped in an intimate moment with two lovers. She quickly turns her head away and becomes very interested in adjusting the strap of her cane around her wrist.
Hearing Mickey singing, she promptly identifies the tune and soon finds herself singing along somewhat tunelessly although she doesn't dance, having no clue that there was an official dance with the song. She does, however, tap her paw in time to the beat and sway her hips slightly with the rhythm.

Jack also soon picks up on the song and joins in with his trumpet. Loving the music, Ray can't resist picking up the guitar vacated by Draco and sitting with it behind the drum kit. Pounding the bass drum with a hind paw, he strums the guitar, accompanying the trumpet as he adds his voice to the mix.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey suddenly heard the beat of Cotton Eye Joe and saw some of the other pets dancing and playing instruments. She let out a holler and clapped a few times.

"Alright, little critters! Cats, foxes, hounds! Stick out your right paw and tap the ground!"

Mickey tapped the ground with the bottom of her right heel, hoping everyone would catch her drift and start line dancing.
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: Duke let up a modest and bright smile as the words seemed to float quietly into his head, shifting his sight completely over to the vixen he couldn't help himself but to smile wider and even tease her with a slight expression as she caught herself. The fox kept a close distance to Serenade so he could whisper back with ease
"I'm glad to be back too, my sweet" He whispered with a teasing and slightly dramatic tone, silently chuckling and even giving her a little bump with his waist against hers finishing it off with a little wink.
With a smile , Serenade nudged back at Duke , forgetting that she was still holding Lilly's paw , until the new pet , and then Lilly herself ,among others , started singing.
"Oh !" the vixen exclaimed in surprise "I've never heard this song before." she then said , wonder if Duke knew the song , since he lived closer to humans than she was and all.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Not much chance to listen to music living as a stray," Tara said. "Quite catchy, though."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's "Cotten-Eyed Joe". It's been fairly popular lately. There's apparently an energetic dance that goes with it but I don't trust myself to try it without knocking into something. It's had to learn dance moves when you can't see where to put your paws too. Lilly explains.
"I can't imagine what life - or death - as a stray must have been like for you, Tara. You must be very brave. But why do you not know it, Serenade?" queries the ferret, not yet realising the vixen's situation.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"It's "Cotten-Eyed Joe". It's been fairly popular lately. There's apparently an energetic dance that goes with it but I don't trust myself to try it without knocking into something. It's had to learn dance moves when you can't see where to put your paws too. Lilly explains.
"I can't imagine what life - or death - as a stray must have been like for you, Tara. You must be very brave. But why do you not know it, Serenade?" queries the ferret, not yet realising the vixen's situation.
"Oh , well , me and Duke here , oh yeah wait I haven't even introduced you guys , Lilly this is Duke , a fox friend of mine who I met yesterday here , Duke this is Lilly , we just met today in the music shop while you were in the back . Anyway , well , we aren't living near humans much , I think Duke come into town once in a while , but me....I've been traveled a lot , and I tend to stay away from humans , so , you know"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It doesn't take Lilly long to realise the implications of this.
"You're wild foxes, aren't you?" she queries. "You're not pets at all. I must say then, it's very brave of you to be this close to humans and even to us other pets. Or... I think it is, if the books I've read are anything to go by."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey stops her instructions for the dance and notices Lilly. The girl had a cane, one she wasn't unfamiliar with. The cat walks over and rests a paw on her shoulder.

"Yer blind, aren't ya?"
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:It doesn't take Lilly long to realise the implications of this.
"You're wild foxes, aren't you?" she queries. "You're not pets at all. I must say then, it's very brave of you to be this close to humans and even to us other pets. Or... I think it is, if the books I've read are anything to go by."
"Yes , yes we are." Serenade nodded with a little smile , to be honest , that wasn't entirely true , but it's true enough , so....or at least that's what was on the her mind before she noticed something
"Wait , how can you read if you're-"
Mickey wrote:Mickey stops her instructions for the dance and notices Lilly. The girl had a cane, one she wasn't unfamiliar with. The cat walks over and rests a paw on her shoulder.
"Yer blind, aren't ya?"
"um...." Having suddenly interrupted but a stranger , Serenade didn't know what to say , not to mention she was caught off guard by how........."direct" this cat was.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey turns to Serenade, noticing she was accidentally cut her off.

"Oh, Ah'm sorry! Where are mah manners? Ah'm Mickey!"

Mickey smiled, secretly hold her right hand away from her handkerchief. She looked back at Lilly.

"Ah was asking if the girl was blind cause Ah a cousin that was. He wanted to learn the dance to some of the music, so Ah helped out. Ah was gonna ask if the girl wanted help if she was. Sorry of Ah come off a little rude."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I read Braille, Serenade. It's an alphabet made by punching dots into the page and you read it by feeling the arrangement of dots with your paws. I have a special typewriter at home that does Braille. You'll have to come over some time so I can show yo- Eep!" Lilly jumps, taken by surprise as Mickey's paw lands on her shoulder.
"Heh, yes, I'm blind, if that didn't make it obvious, and I've been so since birth." the ferret replies, unintentionally looking right past the cat.
"I'm Lilly, by the way, and this is Serenade and Duke. And sure, I'd love to learn. I always dreamed of singing and dancing on Broadway. I doubt it'll ever happen but it's nice to pretend."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Mickey wrote:Mickey turns to Serenade, noticing she was accidentally cut her off.
"Oh, Ah'm sorry! Where are mah manners? Ah'm Mickey!"
Mickey smiled, secretly hold her right hand away from her handkerchief. She looked back at Lilly.
"Ah was asking if the girl was blind cause Ah a cousin that was. He wanted to learn the dance to some of the music, so Ah helped out. Ah was gonna ask if the girl wanted help if she was. Sorry of Ah come off a little rude."
"Oh no no , it's ok, don't worry about it , and it's nice to meet you Mickey"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke chuckled lightly and had lost himself for the moment until he realized the small pet beside her and now the other pets singing and dancing. But most of all Duke blushed a little and felt slightly embarrassed knowing the small ferret probably overheard them.

Thereafter as the pets sang along to the tune it did catch his own curiosity and his foot lightly tapped to the beat but nothing more as he did not even know how to sing or the words even but for now a simple rapping of the foot would suffice for this "Cotton-Eyed Joe".

Being introduced to the others the fox replied with a simple wave in greeting and a friendly "Hello" and as for the humans well he had his experiences and run-in's but rarely did he venture into towns or dog forbid cities, either way Duke just smiled and stood by Serenade as they were introduced a few times and the conversation seemed to drift from music to Wild foxes then seemingly to this type of writing called braille. Most of which Duke had no idea what they were talking about but he listened intently and learned as much as he could.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"I read Braille, Serenade. It's an alphabet made by punching dots into the page and you read it by feeling the arrangement of dots with your paws. I have a special typewriter at home that does Braille. You'll have to come over some time so I can show yo- Eep!" Lilly jumps, taken by surprise as Mickey's paw lands on her shoulder.
"Heh, yes, I'm blind, if that didn't make it obvious, and I've been so since birth." the ferret replies, unintentionally looking right past the cat.
"I'm Lilly, by the way, and this is Serenade and Duke. And sure, I'd love to learn. I always dreamed of singing and dancing on Broadway. I doubt it'll ever happen but it's nice to pretend."
"So you can still read using those dots-words ?" Serenade asked curiously "That's pretty neat"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn, as quiet as ever, was walking around behind Mickey. He accidentally placed his foot in front of the other and tripped and fell over with a thud. "Why do I always get hurt?" he asked, pushing himself up off the ground.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey was walking around, introducing herself to the pets she hadn't met, when a thud rang in her ears. She whipped around to see another cat laying on the ground. She gasped and kneeled down, a paw outstretched to him.

"You alright, little critter?"
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:Lyn, as quiet as ever, was walking around behind Mickey. He accidentally placed his foot in front of the other and tripped and fell over with a thud. "Why do I always get hurt?" he asked, pushing himself up off the ground.
"oh goodness" Serenade exclaimed , quickly knelt down next to Lyn and tried to help him get up "you OK Lyn ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah. I was actually on my way to visit the bookshop to see if they had any Braille books when my GPS took me into that alley by mistake. Er... What did he trip on? Is he okay" Lilly queries, turning to face the sound but staying back, knowing she'd only get in the way if she tried to help. Jack and Ray on the other hand, nearly drop their instruments in their hurry to help, not wanting any lawsuits when they've only just opened shop.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn stood up and thanked Jack and Ray. "Sorry about that. I've been falling a lot lately." he apologized.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:Lyn stood up and thanked Jack and Ray. "Sorry about that. I've been falling a lot lately." he apologized.
"it's fine , it's fine , you're alright at least" Serenade smiled "well , everyone , shall we go and continue our conversation on the way ?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"There isn't much of a way to talk on," Tara said. "The bookstore's right next door."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"There isn't much of a way to talk on," Tara said. "The bookstore's right next door."
"Oh yeah" Serenade exclaim , realizing that she forgot about the bookstore part of the plan
"I forgot we planned on going to the book store first before going to the woods , my bad"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We can walk slowly." jokes Lilly. "And we can keep talking when we get there. But what were we talking about? I forgot. Happens when you're a ferret. Too much energy, too little attention and you talk too much to keep track of, that's a ferret's life... Er... What were we saying?" The ferret tilts her head to the side in confusion as she pauses for breath.

Ray approaches, smothering a giggle. "We were talking about going to the bookshop. But I don't know what you and Serenade were saying before that. I was too busy making music. Er, sorry about that. I ought to have stayed and chatted rather than getting carried away."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters