HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ShadowLightning

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by ShadowLightning »

The unfamiliar voice made Silver jump a little. "H-Huh?!" His eyes widened as he quickly turned around, trying to find the source of the voice. Despite Hubert sounding calm and non-threatening, the husky couldn't help tense up. After all, it's not normal to hear voices in his head like this. At least, that's what he thinks.

"Who... said that?"
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Honestly I know as much as you guys right now. Hubert says the best option is to wait. Miles thought to his group.

You know that REALLY doesn't help my illusion you know? Miles thought to Ray, a tad irritated.

"Curiosity, I suppose. I have time to kill, and can go anywhere I please, but really, I just wander around," Miles said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

ShadowLightning wrote:The unfamiliar voice made Silver jump a little. "H-Huh?!" His eyes widened as he quickly turned around, trying to find the source of the voice. Despite Hubert sounding calm and non-threatening, the husky couldn't help tense up. After all, it's not normal to hear voices in his head like this. At least, that's what he thinks.
"Who... said that?"
<That was me, of course,> Hubert answered. <Just tell everyone present: What are you seeing, that is causing your nerves to stay on edge?>
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Right, sorry. Ray apologises mentally.
"It's just curious, that's all... I've never been this close to a-, well, to someone like you." he continues aloud, catching himself in the nick of time.
"So... Where are we heading then? Does this new change anything at all?"
I gotta ask though, Miles. Are you solid to yourself or can you put your paw through you too?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

ShadowLightning

Silver rolled his eyes. "I figured THAT, but who, or what, are YOU exactly?" The husky couldn't help reply to Hubert in a sarcastic tone. "What am I... seeing? I-I dunno... Duke said we shouldn't go into the forest, and with the way he's acting, that must mean there's something... dangerous in there."

"Um... Duke?" He suddenly spoke out. "Is there uh, any reason as to why the forest is not safe...?"
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena shakes her head. <Hubert, huh?>

"No, I don't think this changes anything. Havin' Miles with us just means we can get a proper tour of the place," the shiba inu says as she starts walking towards the woods. "Though, actually... You don't mind if we head out there, do you Miles?" she asks, pausing to look back at the ghost cat.

<So how long did you plan on keepin' everyone in the dark about a possession, Hubert?>
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

ShadowLightning wrote:Silver rolled his eyes. "I figured THAT, but who, or what, are YOU exactly?" The husky couldn't help reply to Hubert in a sarcastic tone. "What am I... seeing? I-I dunno... Duke said we shouldn't go into the forest, and with the way he's acting, that must mean there's something... dangerous in there."

"Um... Duke?" He suddenly spoke out. "Is there uh, any reason as to why the forest is not safe...?"
"well...." Duke sighed "I know this will sounds crazy to you guys, I know I would think it's crazy a couple of days ago too, but well.....Just now I just got what you could say ..... a vision." He explained , feeling a little chill down his spine as he thought back about what he saw "It wasn't clear , I couldn't tell exactly what i was , but I know that tonight , the forest won't be safe"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"You want us to leave the forest, but you are willing to subject both yourself and your girlfriend to such dangers?" Mikan said before he could help himself. That irritation didn't leave his voice or his face. "You have a plan to keep yourselves safe?"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Hlaoroo wrote:Right, sorry. Ray apologises mentally.
"It's just curious, that's all... I've never been this close to a-, well, to someone like you." he continues aloud, catching himself in the nick of time.
[/color]
"you'll get used to it they pop up around here a lot. It's a hotbed for it for whatever reason. "

Leafolawl wrote:
"No, I don't think this changes anything. Havin' Miles with us just means we can get a proper tour of the place," the shiba inu says as she starts walking towards the woods. "Though, actually... You don't mind if we head out there, do you Miles?" she asks, pausing to look back at the ghost cat.
"sounds good. Last time we were there stuff was kinda hectic. It'll be nice to check it out again. "
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

kurowolfe wrote:"You want us to leave the forest, but you are willing to subject both yourself and your girlfriend to such dangers?" Mikan said before he could help himself. That irritation didn't leave his voice or his face. "You have a plan to keep yourselves safe?"
"I'm not saying that is a good idea" Duke frowned , on one paw , he understood Mikan's point , but on the other , the way he put it made Duke felt like he was being very irresponsible , especially with Serenade's safety is on the line "I don't know if we would go back in town , but whatever the case, I don't want you guys to have to take the same risk"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The crease between the surly otter's eyes became more pronounced, making him look rather angry and judging, but that look melted away in one motion with a deep sigh.

"Thank you for thinking of us, Duke. We will leave you two alone after we deliver Serenade safely to ease your worries. Now, where is this home of yours?"

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

Judging from the tone of Mikan and Duke's voices, things were getting a bit tense. Silver couldn't help just stare at the forest. Maybe he can see it too? Who knows, that voice he heard might think he can. Speaking of which...

"H-Hey! You! Whatever your name is, are you still there? I-I don't like how Mikan and Duke are starting to argue. Can you please help us?" He thought out, hoping Hubert could hear his plea.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh, I don't mind, heh,, I don't own the place any way" Miles said.

Yep, Hubert. Miles thought to Rena.

With pressure yes. But I generally don't want to disrupt my guise. Generally. Miles thought to Ray.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"alright , if you insist" Duke nodded and sighed "it's not that far from here, a head of us is a lake , from there we can find a path that will lead to the house we found this morning after a short walk" he explained

Hubert ? he called out to the dragon with his thoughts the Hunter went away after what happened , right ?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. Sounds like fun, Gage... Do they tend to be as nice as Miles or... Should I be worried? And how do you mean, hectic? What happened?" Ray looks at the dog curiously.
Huh. Interesting. Does it feel weird, having your paw or others' paws going through you? the cat queries mentally.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena immediately snaps her attention to Ray. "Sorry, but I'm goin' to have to stop that question right there, 'cause it ain't any of our place to answer that one," she says, then motions out towards the woods. "I'll let ya know who you can ask later."
Love me right now! Done.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage, realizing he said a little too much, scratches the back of his head sheepishly. "Yeah, not to be rude but she is right. It's all in the past though. "
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"alright , if you insist" Duke nodded and sighed "it's not that far from here, a head of us is a lake , from there we can find a path that will lead to the house we found this morning after a short walk" he explained
Hubert ? he called out to the dragon with his thoughts the Hunter went away after what happened , right ?
<Yes he did. The Hunter will be no longer a presence here at Applegate. He found another path, another mission, this time of peace.>
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"alright , if you insist" Duke nodded and sighed "it's not that far from here, a head of us is a lake , from there we can find a path that will lead to the house we found this morning after a short walk" he explained
The otter tensed when he heard the word 'lake', but didn't say anything otherwise. "Lead the way," he said, correcting his grip on the still unconscious vixen on his back.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray is suddenly acutely aware that he's an outsider here. He can't help but feel a little miffed at the stonewalling but he reassures himself that it's probably nothing personal. Probably. He nods, feigning understanding, and pushes his irritation away, not wanting to cause any ill will with his new friends, and hopes that Miles and Hubert weren't reading his feelings in his thoughts.
"Right. Okay. Sorry. I didn't mean to pry... Can I just ask one more question though? ... It is safe here and at Miles' place, isn't it? Like, we're not walking into danger or anything?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hazyl had ran down the street, not sure if the spider was following her or not. She was breathing heavily before falling face first on the ground, passing out.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ray is suddenly acutely aware that he's an outsider here. He can't help but feel a little miffed at the stonewalling but he reassures himself that it's probably nothing personal. Probably. He nods, feigning understanding, and pushes his irritation away, not wanting to cause any ill will with his new friends, and hopes that Miles and Hubert weren't reading his feelings in his thoughts.
"Right. Okay. Sorry. I didn't mean to pry... Can I just ask one more question though? ... It is safe here and at Miles' place, isn't it? Like, we're not walking into danger or anything?"
<Stay assured, mortal: Perils will not cause you harm, as long as I am here with you.>
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

hypernovatic wrote:Hazyl had ran down the street, not sure if the spider was following her or not. She was breathing heavily before falling face first on the ground, passing out.
"Oh good golly. Pat, come with me."

The two walk to where Hazle had passed out, Pat following her scent. Together, they picked her up and carefully carried her back to the pizza place. Mickey sat down and allowed Hazel to lean against her.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles tilted his head at Rena with a little worried and slightly confused look, before shrugging.

"Well, the house and woods are a dangerous place just by themselves. The house is old and creaky and broken in several places," he said, then grinned, "No problem for cats."

She must be a little touchy about the subject. There was an incident in the woods involving a resident and their familiar. I'll tell you about it sometime but best not bring it up. And, as I've come to understand, I'm not the only ghost around here. There is Tara too. And a few others. According to what local legends I've been able to pick up. Oh! As far as stuff going through, I have no matter, so I don't feel anything, kinda. It's like a weird. You know how when people lose a limb and think and swear it's still there and can "feel" it? That's kinda what it's like. I get the feeling like when your arm goes to sleep. Miles thought to Ray.

He then looked up.

Hey Tara? You around? Have you shown yourself to Ray yet? Don't be shy now! He thought.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Ion was a little more than surprised that Lilly had managed to get up and run out of the place the way she had. Given the whole blind part. But with Eon busy with Hazyl / Lydia along with the table, leaving what should have probably been a nice break for the others not so nice. There was probably a reason in there for why Lilly ran off anyway.
Mickey wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:Hazyl had ran down the street, not sure if the spider was following her or not. She was breathing heavily before falling face first on the ground, passing out.
"Oh good golly. Pat, come with me."

The two walk to where Hazle had passed out, Pat following her scent. Together, they picked her up and carefully carried her back to the pizza place. Mickey sat down and allowed Hazel to lean against her.
Eon had followed along with Mickey and Pat after Hazyl, going to make sure she was okay. He kneed down to check her heartbeat and nose."Just keep her lying down, she should wake up soon. Probably be best though if we went to the vet now, seems she has the worst of luck." He got back up to go ask one of the workers for a glass of water and possibly some towels.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

xhunterko wrote:Miles tilted his head at Rena with a little worried and slightly confused look, before shrugging.

"Well, the house and woods are a dangerous place just by themselves. The house is old and creaky and broken in several places," he said, then grinned, "No problem for cats."
"Yeah, I wasn't trying to scare you or anything we'll be fine. It's just old and a little creepy. No offense Miles."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"ok , this way" Duke nodded , leading the way through the bushes into the woods
valerio wrote: <Yes he did. The Hunter will be no longer a presence here at Applegate. He found another path, another mission, this time of peace.>
Thank you. Then I hope what I saw was just an echo of the past and not something else
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena slows to walk by Ray's side. "Look, ah didn't mean it like that. It's a good question, an' ah think you should know... but ah don't want ya gettin' the wrong impression." She pats the cat's shoulder with a smile. "You live here now, Ray, and it seems you're either goin' to have ta get into it with the ghost thing, or try to ignore it... an' ah've tried the latter. Didn't quite work... 'S why ah was out of town yesterday; to collect myself with familiar scents about."
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's okay, Rena. I get it. And I'm cool with ghosts, I think. As long as they're not putting curses on me. They're just people who aren't alive any more." Ray assures the dog. "And it's fine, Gage. I don't usually scare easily." he half-lies. Realistically, Ray's nerves are as fragile as any cat's. He's just better at hiding it.
I understand. I didn't mean to pry. Ray assures Miles mentally. "And yes, I've met Tara already. back in Mrs. Callahan's bookshop. She was standing in the shelf by accident and I had to tell her to get out when Mrs. Callahan came over since I didn't know she knew about ghosts yet. the cat giggles at the memory.
And as to the putting your paw through yourself? That doesn't sound too pleasant when you put it that way... Oh, and thanks for the reassurance, Hubert.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Yeah, it can freak out some people, heh. Miles thought to Ray.

"No biggie," Miles said, walking along.
ShadowLightning

Silver followed closely behind Mikan and Duke, looking around cautiously around the forest. It seems like whatever the fox saw wasn't there anymore, but the husky himself wasn't entirely sure. He stumbled a bit as they walked through the bushes and tall grass.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Civilization wrote: Eon had followed along with Mickey and Pat after Hazyl, going to make sure she was okay. He kneed down to check her heartbeat and nose."Just keep her lying down, she should wake up soon. Probably be best though if we went to the vet now, seems she has the worst of luck." He got back up to go ask one of the workers for a glass of water and possibly some towels.
Mickey nodded and put an arm around Hazel.

"What could possibly have happened to her? Ah ain't never seen a fear a' spiders this bad."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Well, so long as you're sure," she says, giving him a friendly slap on the back before picking her pace back up. "C'mon. Only got so many hours to a day, and ya can't slow 'em down any. Let's get out to that ol' house!" The shiba inu begins jogging across the grass of the picnic area, heading straight for the woods.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, let's go! I'm curious to see a real haunt! I can't wait to see how many clichés are there!" Ray grins, jogging after the little dog.
"No offence, Miles, but I can't help but picture the stereotypical ghostly places."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ShadowLightning wrote:Silver followed closely behind Mikan and Duke, looking around cautiously around the forest. It seems like whatever the fox saw wasn't there anymore, but the husky himself wasn't entirely sure. He stumbled a bit as they walked through the bushes and tall grass.
"you ok back there ?" Duke asked as the lake he mentioned before came into their view
ShadowLightning

"Y-Yeah, I'm- ah!" The poor husky tripped over a branch concealed by the bushes and fell on his belly. "Dang it... never really was an outdoors kind of pet..." He huffed as he got back up, brushing off the leaves as his face had flushed a bit of red from embarrassment. "Is that the lake?" He asked as it came to view.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yeah that's the lake , we just had a fish caching competition earlier too" Duke nodded with a smile "you wanna take a break ?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles kept up the pace.

"No biggie," he said, "Trust me, you won't be disappointed."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Mikan kept mum while the other two made some more small talk between them, back to his aloof self.

Until they came to the lake. Mikan still stayed silent, but his eyes were fixated towards the water's edge, his steps more rigid than his confident stride. The vixen behind him suddenly felt like she weighs a ton.

"S-sure, we can take a break," the otter replied.

ShadowLightning

Silver walked closer to the lake, but not too far from the group, staring in awe from the sight. The husky more often than not stayed indoors, so he rarely saw anything like this. He had only seen rivers and lakes on TV or on the internet, so finally being able to get a real-life view was a pretty big thing for him.

"Y-Yeah, let's do that." The husky nodded, sitting down on the grass and let out a soft sigh. He looked over to Mikan, noticing how he had suddenly gone quiet, especially when they got to the lake. He must be just tired too, he thought.