HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

kurowolfe

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by kurowolfe »

Timmy was not that surprised when the pair indirectly turned down the offer. In fact, he was more surprised by how cocky the male one seemed to be when the vixen said her reluctance. He caught that smirk, and the man sighed with a lopsided grin. One of those shonen protagonist characters, huh?

"Understood, we'll drop the subject right here then. The offer stands though if ever you want to consider it, and you two are always welcome to come visit Grace."

The ermine was not showing any emotions, but internally she felt let down. Granted, the arguments were not that solid, but she still wished to help the two with anything, and seeing their offer got turned down made her a little sad. Still, she didn't show that externally, as she flashed a smile at the two, at Serenade in particular. "It's okay, like Timmy said, we'll just drop it right here. No need to think about it that much."

She shuffled her feet for a while, before asking everyone. "So... what're you guys going to do after this? Both of us planned to go to the bookstore to get some new books. Wanna join us?"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage's ear perked up at the mention of the bookstore. He hadn't been shopping at all since moving to applegate and his "To-read" pile was getting kind of low. "I wouldn't mind going if you guys don't mind me tagging along. I got a few bucks to burn."
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"well......." Serenade thought about it for a second , then looked at Duke "What do you think Duke ?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"No, I didn't know that. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind." Lyn said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Above the store, the cat reaches the end of his song with a crescendo and flair and then switches off the organ and heads downstairs, skatting as he walks. Reaching the main store, his mum quickly picks up on the rhythm and joins in on a piano with a jazz scale and his dad adds a beat with a drum kit. It's not long before the trio have turned Ray's improvised tune into a lively rendition of "Won't You Come Home, Bill Bailey?".
Ray alternates between singing and scatting as he switches on a keyboard and adds a baseline. Enjoying themselves, and not caring who hears, the three jam together as they wait for their first customer.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

hypernovatic wrote:"No, I didn't know that. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind." Lyn said.
Great lets go Draco replied and started to head out the door
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:"well......." Serenade thought about it for a second , then looked at Duke "What do you think Duke ?"
Duke had still kept his smirk but he felt a little bad, having seen how Grace had been about them joining them he did feel a little guilty but it was their choice and he'd stand by Serenade if this made her uncomfortable. Either way after they moved from the subject to the topic of the bookstore, Duke looked to Grace then at Serenade as she asked him. He changed to a smile and and let his arms fall, giving a very light shrug "Bookstore sounds..interesting. Never been to one but we can always just check it out if you'd like?" Duke had looked at what the humans had called books in the past, even learned a few things but he never really collected or studied them all to much so a place named after it had to have at least some of them, so why not.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"ok , then I guess the bookstore it is then" Serenade simply replied.......weeeeeell , to be honest she was still a little bit unsure if she should go back to town so soon , after yesterday , with that officer and all , but......she could still hoping for the best , so....
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay." Lyn said, following Draco.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco left the bookstore and started going to the shop next door.
So Lyn, how long have you lived here? asked Draco as he walked down the sidewalk.

The new shop seemed open so he decided to walk inside, just like last time he called out Hello? Anyone home?
RP Characters:
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Okay then," both Grace and Timmy said at the same time, at which they looked at each other and laughed a little. The ermine packed her stuff back into her messenger bag, and took her place behind Timmy's wheelchair, pushing it a little further up front. She then exclaimed in a fashion similar to an adventurer. "Let's go everyone, to the bookstore!"

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With a flourish, Mr. Stevens ends his drum beat and puts down the sticks, sidling out from behind the drum. Ray taps a button on the keyboard and it kicks in with a jazzy beat as he continues singing and playing along with Mrs. Stevens although the two do drop the volume of the music slightly to allow Mr. Stevens to address the customers.
"Welcome to Stevens' Music And More!" he greets, offering the pets a giant hand to shake, calloused from years of hard labour.
"I'm Jack Stevens, co-owner, co-proprietor and happiest man on Earth. What can I do you for?" he queries, his genuine and friendly grin backing up his claims.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I moved here yesterday." Lyn said, walking inside the music store. "Hi. I'm Lyn." he greeted, shaking the man's hand.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Just like me thenDraco responded Do you like it here?
As he was greeted by the owner Mr. Stevens. Draco shook the owners hand Hello, I'm Draco, I noticed your store opening and decided to met you all and I brought along my new friend Lyn. So this is a music store? It looks nice.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Welcome, Draco! Yes, this is a music store. That's my wife and cat over there, performing for you. In this half of the shop we have all your musical supplies, ranging from instruments and accessories to sheet music and through the archway we have everything for the music lover from recordings in all forms to memorabilia. Feel free to browse around for as long as you like, especially if you buy something and don't hesitate to yell out if you need a hand with anything."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

kurowolfe wrote:"Okay then," both Grace and Timmy said at the same time, at which they looked at each other and laughed a little. The ermine packed her stuff back into her messenger bag, and took her place behind Timmy's wheelchair, pushing it a little further up front. She then exclaimed in a fashion similar to an adventurer. "Let's go everyone, to the bookstore!"
Gage followed after them. "Sounds like a plan to me. Hopefully they've got some good stuff."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"They're really good." Lyn commented, watching the woman and cat play.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Serenade also followed , to be frank she didn't have much interest in the books themselves , but maybe there would be something else there for her and Duke....well , hopefully a good kind of something
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks! We've always enjoyed playing together as a family. Are you guys musical at all?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco looked around the room at all the instruments, everything looked so clean and beautiful. Turning to answer re replied "Hmm? Oh, no I am afraid not. I have never played anything before in my life, I used to live in a bigger city, it would have been hard to play in peace there. The instruments do look nice though." Draco responded, again starting to stare at various instruments, mostly looking at the guitars.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Would you like to learn? We offer tutoring and lessons too." Lookin gup from his keyboard briefly, Ray notices that the customers are pets so he decides to greet them. He makes a signal to Mrs. Stevens and then finishes his playing with a flourish, leaving her to play by herself.
"Hey. How ya doin'? I'm Ray Stevens. Pleased to meetcha." the cat offers his paw to the pets.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"Well learning the guitar might be fun" Draco replied "Though I guess I will need to know more about the lessons and talk with my owner about it all first" Draco was hoping he didn't sound rude to the store owner.

As the cat approached and introduced him self Draco shook his paw "Nice to meet you Ray. I am doing fine, my name is Draco, and this is Lyn. I just met him myself. He said as he pointed to the other cat.
RP Characters:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It's nice to meet you Ray." Lyn greeted, shakingnthe cat's paw.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Grace and Timmy co-led the way out of the forest and into Main Street, the ermine pushing the man's wheelchair. The weather's getting a little warm, something similar to Penang's. But at least it was not humid here; Grace always had to re-groom her fur every time she left the house because how curly and matted they could get. And the fact that she's built for cool climates didn't help at all.

Soon, they were nearing the book store, but just as they were passing the last building before it, Grace noticed that it was in fact a new shop, a musical instrument shop at that.

"Stevens' Music and More," Timmy read out aloud, glancing into the signage and the modest exterior. "I didn't really notice this shop being here yesterday." As if to hammer in that point, some catchy piano tunes could be heard coming through the open double doors.

"Em.... Swing? Jazz maybe?" Grace said, trying to figure out the rather odd yet lively beat.

"Jazz, I think. Hmm... you know, I've always wanted to pick up the piano again, maybe now that we live so far away, it would be the perfect time for that."

"Yeah, you did say that a while back. But don't pianos have the pedals and such?"

Timmy's face fell a bit, looking down. "Oh. Right. Paraplegic. *sigh* Well, a keyboard then. At least you can operate everything on the panel."

"Wait, are we really going into the store now? I think I'd rather go to the book store first. We can always go there later. What do you guys think?" She forwarded this question to the rest of the group.

((OOC: So yeah, trying to move things along :3))

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn saw Grace and the others outside the window, excused himself and quickly went outside. "Hey guys." he greeted the group.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You too."
"Not a problem." Not phased at all, Jack passes Draco a pamphlet with prices and suchlike. "All the information is in there."
"Thinking of lessons, hey? Sweet. I could even show you a thing or two. Hey, are there many other pets in town? I'm, well, we're only new here and haven't really met anyone yet since we were getting the shop ready all yesterday after we moved in."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well....." Serenade said , finding it rather difficult to decide "Since they're next to each other , I guess either one would be fine" she said
hypernovatic wrote:Lyn saw Grace and the others outside the window, excused himself and quickly went outside. "Hey guys." he greeted the group.
"Oh , good morning Lyn , how're you ?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You too."
"Not a problem." Not phased at all, Jack passes Draco a pamphlet with prices and suchlike. "All the information is in there."
"Thinking of lessons, hey? Sweet. I could even show you a thing or two. Hey, are there many other pets in town? I'm, well, we're only new here and haven't really met anyone yet since we were getting the shop ready all yesterday after we moved in."
Draco takes the pamphlet from Jack"You may have a customer yet" he replied, turning to Ray "Well, it is a tempting idea, and playing an instrument while out at night watching the stars might be relaxing. I think I will take your offer, as for any pets well. Draco paused to see Lyn walk out and greet a group of pets.
"Well I was going with Lyn to visit some now, seems they are coming to us, you can join us, that is, if you are not busy"
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Jolly good. I'll look forward to it. And even if you don't end up having lessons, you're still welcome to visit any time you like."
"Thanks! I'd love to!" Ray looks to his owner.
"Go on. I'm sure we can manage without you for a while." grins the big man.
"Thanks, Dad!" Ray hugs his owner and then turns to Draco.
"So, where are we going?" he queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Jolly good. I'll look forward to it. And even if you don't end up having lessons, you're still welcome to visit any time you like."
"Thanks! I'd love to!" Ray looks to his owner.
"Go on. I'm sure we can manage without you for a while." grins the big man.
"Thanks, Dad!" Ray hugs his owner and then turns to Draco.
"So, where are we going?" he queries.
Thank you sir. He said to jack.

Addressing ray after he returned; "Well that's the thing, I honestly don't know anymore, we were going to head to the forest before I noticed this store open and asked Lyn if we could stop in." He thought a moment, looking out the doors seeing Lyn talk to a fox "Well it seems these are his friends. I am not sure what we are going to do anymore. However if you are up for it, I have a telescope and this area is going to be a wonderful place for star gazing as well. I might go tonight and star gaze a bit, if you want you can join then to. That is if its okay with your dad.
Have you ever star gazed before? It can be fun with someone who knows what they are talking about."
Draco wagged his tail in excitement of the thought of stargazing out in a darker place than a city for once.
"Anyway, why don't we head outside and see what is going on."
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I've never stargazed before. We always lived in the big city so there was never anything to see. I'd love to come out with you. I'm sure Dad will be fine with it." Ray looks to the door.
"Sure. Let's go see. Do you know these other pets yet?" he queries, holding the door open for Draco to exit first.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm good. I was just talking to two new pets I met. How about you?" Lyn replied.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

hypernovatic wrote:Lyn saw Grace and the others outside the window, excused himself and quickly went outside. "Hey guys." he greeted the group.
"Hi there Lyn," Grace greeted the in-coming cat. Timmy just nodded.

"How's the music store? Is it any good? We're planning to go to the book store, but Timmy here wants to check that store out first. So, we're still deciding where to go first."

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I've never stargazed before. We always lived in the big city so there was never anything to see. I'd love to come out with you. I'm sure Dad will be fine with it." Ray looks to the door.
"Sure. Let's go see. Do you know these other pets yet?" he queries, holding the door open for Draco to exit first.
"I don't really." Draco replied as he stepped out "Just lyn, and we met only minutes ago"
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray follows Draco out, shutting the door behind him.
"Cool. We'll both get to make friends then." He hesitates for a moment before heading over to the group of pets.
"Hey, guys. I do hope I'm not interrupting anything. Sorryif I am. I'm Ray Stevens and this is Draco... Uh... Draco. Heh. I don't know his last name yet. We're both new here so we thought we'd say hello. So... hi."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"My last name is Anderson." Draco responded to Ray, as he did he put his hand in his jacket and started to fidget with a silver dollar. "And hello to you all He said greeting the group.
RP Characters:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I liked it. It has a lot of stuff." Lyn told Grace.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Drake wrote:"My last name is Anderson." Draco responded to Ray, as he did he put his hand in his jacket and started to fidget with a silver dollar. "And hello to you all He said greeting the group.
Gage took a step back as the door opened and strangers filtered out. He looked them over as they went through their introductions. He decided they seemed nice enough and that he'd make an effort to introduce himself.and make a good first impression "I'm Gage, welcome to the neighborhood.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Hello Ray, Draco," Grace said, smiling at the two new faces. "So, how is the music shop? Timmy here suddenly wanted to check out the keyboards, when we were initially planning to check out the bookstore." Looking at everyone, she sighed. "But guess we could go to the music store first. So, how is it?" This she asked to both Draco and Ray, assuming that they were both visitors.

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Looking a bit surprised and embarrassed for not saying anything sooner when he did see Gage just minutes ago. "Oh! It's you, from earlier on the street. I meant to say hi but I was excited and you seemed busy any way. Nice to meet you."
Looking to Grace and Timmy "It seems like a fun place, and I thought I saw a keyboard in there even. Though if you want to know more about whats inside I think Ray might be able to answer, he lives there." He replied with a smile. "Also, what did you say your name was?"
RP Characters: