HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Buster »

"Oh, so ghost treats are already a thing?" She asked, momentarily looking up from watching the other two. Discarding her earlier plan to invent said thing.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Alright! 3, 2, 1!"

Mickey bounced the hacky sac one more time before kicking it over to Lyn.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn kicked the ball up in the air and bounced it between his foot paws. After a bit he kicked it back to Mickey.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Lyn has that for a good, REFRESHING reason. He shouldn't have done what he did and NOW he has a good reason why. Miles thought to Tara.

He then tossed a candy ring in his mouth.

"All you have to do is ask," he said to her.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Hmph!"

Mickey was able to get the ball up in the air before it touched the ground. She kicked a few more times before passing it back to Lyn.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well then, why not make some happy memories? There's a whole bunch of great pets down there who'd love to get to know you and hang out with you. You're not going to lose anything by trying to talk to them."

==!@!==
"Until today I thought ghosts only existed in books and movies. Are they kinda common then? And if you're that sure she has a problem with you, perhaps you ought to go and ask her. No sense letting these things stew and ferment."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn, still shaking, tried to kick the ball, but ended up missing and throwing to much force into his kick. He fell backwards and landed on the ground with a thud. "Ow. Sorry..."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Until today I thought ghosts only existed in books and movies. Are they kinda common then? And if you're that sure she has a problem with you, perhaps you ought to go and ask her. No sense letting these things stew and ferment."
Martin smiled "Honestly - the less ya know, the bettah. All ya need ta know is that those present are generally harmless and friendly. Trouble not yer mind beyond this." He said, once more in the same hushed tone, looking at the stares "An' as I told ya, I only assume she be mad at me. It'd be rude an' embarrasin' ta just bump up there an' say 'sorry if I made ya mad' when there's a possibility that I might 'ave been wrong it happened ta be a coincidence, yes?" the half-wolf shook his head even though he knew she couldn't see it "B'sides, that means fer me ta leave ya with no one ta talk to."
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

NOT that I was trying to do that of course. Miles thought to Rena.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Moving to help Lyn up, Buster asks, "Hey, are you okay?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey stopped the ball and went over to help Lyn.

"It's alright, Lyn. What matters is if yer ok."
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, I-I'm fine." Lyn said, standing up. He smiled weakly and picked up the ball and tossed it to Mickey.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

She caught in, holding it in her paw. She tossed it into the air, kicking it back into her paw when came into her range.

"You still playing, sugarcube?"
My characters!
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

serence ice fox wrote:
Drake wrote: Draco nodded his head in agreement "Yes that is right. So if I may ask, why are you all by yourself and not with this others?"
"oh , I just thought that everyone should have time to get to know each other first , especially Lyn , and me being there might make it feel a little too crowded ." Serenade explained
"how about you ?"
Draco thought for a while, "I guess curiosity, that and I was feeling more crowded, I also never met a fox before so I guess I was curious to also know about you."
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

With nothing to do at the moment, Buster has decided to clime up to the top of one of the bookshelves. Once up there she lies down and simply observes the others for a while.

(Character Idle)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Drake wrote: Draco thought for a while, "I guess curiosity, that and I was feeling more crowded, I also never met a fox before so I guess I was curious to also know about you."
"Oh I see . Well , I guess foxes aren't exactly what you could call common pets , but erm....well it's just that , some of the things that you could see from me , wouldn't be , well , I mean like most other foxes might be quite different from me ya know"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:Lyn has that for a good, REFRESHING reason. He shouldn't have done what he did and NOW he has a good reason why. Miles thought to Tara.

He then tossed a candy ring in his mouth.

"All you have to do is ask," he said to her.
"Fine, can I have one?" Tara asked. I still don't approve of your actions, but I haven't tasted anything in two years. she added in thought.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"N-no thanks." Lyn said, sitting on the ground, shaking a bit.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well then, why not make some happy memories? There's a whole bunch of great pets down there who'd love to get to know you and hang out with you. You're not going to lose anything by trying to talk to them."
"Ah did. Ah had a hard time tryin' to keep up with everythin' going on. Part of why ah'm up here. 'Sides, happy now doesn't make me happy later, like happy then doesn't make me happy now." She turns to regard him again. "Ah'll meet them at my pace. Keepin' track of conversations and matching scent to individuals while tryin' to meet everyone at once is a bit much."
xhunterko wrote:NOT that I was trying to do that of course. Miles thought to Rena.
<Well, here's a question. If someone slowly dyin'—and ah mean those who are deathly ill and have months or years to live—claimed to be a ghost, how would you feel about that?> she replies to Miles, resting her head on a paw as she continues to look at the ill-defined blur beside her that is Ray.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

(OOC: Alright for the ump-teenth time I am back from (this time) an involuntary leave of absence due to "luck" and technology going all doomsday on me. Anyway! I'm back and have done my best to try and read up on what I missed but if I do miss any details or make any mistakes please feel free to politely mention them and refrain from throwing large stones. Other than that again I apologize for yet another LOA and I will hopefully be able to stay here longer! :mrgreen: )

Duke felt a cold shiver rapidly envelope his entire being for a few moments until he returned to the world of the living and snapped out of yet another odd daze. The shiver he was feeling was the circulation of his blood waning from standing quite rigid for too long, while looking a bit odd it also neglected his attention from the group and he therefore missed some things such as the fact that a new pet had arrived and that Lyn was about one jack'n'box scare from being ultimately traumatized. But as he came back and his attention refocused he found himself confronted with a slightly anxiety from all of the pets in one spot as well as the wafting scent of the new pet, of which he couldn't necessarily pick out of the crowd being he was back at the front.
Duke wandered about for just a moment or so before he started to feel a bit too anxious for comfort and the need for escape started to hinder his interaction. He enjoyed the company of friends especially after the recent events that had unfolded where they were all he had but still it was in his nature to feel this innate anxiety from crowds of peers but not by species. His mind raced a little giving him more of a tense resistance to the room especially after having his mind go from mashed spuds to analytic super-computer; looking over every detail of his surrounding and assessing it such as whether it were a harmless book or some kind of master fiend trap of paper and false knowledge. The fox finally had enough and slipped out of the front of the store with a slight ring from the alarm triggered by the opening and closing, but he was out before it's ring finished and down the sidewalk he strolled. Duke filled and expelled as much air as he could in and out of his lungs, already feeling relaxed and loose once more just from the new scenery and fresh air. He stayed close not traveling more than a good stones throw down the street before he would turn a corner into another side street, hoping that eventually with three more right turns he would end up back at the store.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey nodded and put her ball back in her collar before sitting down next to Lyn. She brought the bag of treats out of her pocket, presenting one to Lyn.
My characters!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: The treats Miles is wearing are compatible with any ghost character.

Miles tossed one of his longer tooth necklaces with long teeth to Tara.

"Then wait no longer," he said with a flourish.

Makes no difference to me. The dead, from what I learned in Sparkton, the place I went to, aren't like that. Still though Rena. Not everyone is an imposter and you shouldn't brush every one of their kind at first glance cause of a bad experience. Miles thought to Rena.

1920 for me. Miles thought to Tara.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure. It's definitely not easy..." Ray tilts his head slightly and peers at the little dog form the corner of his eye. Most people and pets he finds he can easily read but this dog is confusing him. He can't make head nor tail of it and he's not altogether sure that he doesn't like it. He resolves to understand this dog, no matter how long it may take him.
"Is sitting up here more likely to make you happy than going down there and chatting though?" he queries. "And what's to say you won't be happy later?"

~~!!@!!~~
"You realise that now you've said that my curiosity is piqued, right?" grins the ferret. "But you're right. It would be awkward if you did that. And such a gentle-pet to worry about me like that!" Lilly grins again and aims a gentle punch in what she hopes is the direction of Martin's arm.
"Wherever did you learn such manners? They're far too rare in today's society, so I'm told."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

The Moon Howler

Hlaoroo wrote:"You realise that now you've said that my curiosity is piqued, right?" grins the ferret. "But you're right. It would be awkward if you did that. And such a gentle-pet to worry about me like that!" Lilly grins again and aims a gentle punch in what she hopes is the direction of Martin's arm.
"Wherever did you learn such manners? They're far too rare in today's society, so I'm told."
Martin smiled and intentionally moved his left arm so that the ferret would be able to hit him. When that happened he replied "My manners I learn'd from wut I do fer a livin'. Can't be anythin' else when yer a travelin' performer. Ya be surprised what a li'l kindness can do."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Marine Fox wrote:(OOC: Alright for the ump-teenth time I am back from (this time) an involuntary leave of absence due to "luck" and technology going all doomsday on me. Anyway! I'm back and have done my best to try and read up on what I missed but if I do miss any details or make any mistakes please feel free to politely mention them and refrain from throwing large stones. Other than that again I apologize for yet another LOA and I will hopefully be able to stay here longer! :mrgreen: )

Duke felt a cold shiver rapidly envelope his entire being for a few moments until he returned to the world of the living and snapped out of yet another odd daze. The shiver he was feeling was the circulation of his blood waning from standing quite rigid for too long, while looking a bit odd it also neglected his attention from the group and he therefore missed some things such as the fact that a new pet had arrived and that Lyn was about one jack'n'box scare from being ultimately traumatized. But as he came back and his attention refocused he found himself confronted with a slightly anxiety from all of the pets in one spot as well as the wafting scent of the new pet, of which he couldn't necessarily pick out of the crowd being he was back at the front.
Duke wandered about for just a moment or so before he started to feel a bit too anxious for comfort and the need for escape started to hinder his interaction. He enjoyed the company of friends especially after the recent events that had unfolded where they were all he had but still it was in his nature to feel this innate anxiety from crowds of peers but not by species. His mind raced a little giving him more of a tense resistance to the room especially after having his mind go from mashed spuds to analytic super-computer; looking over every detail of his surrounding and assessing it such as whether it were a harmless book or some kind of master fiend trap of paper and false knowledge. The fox finally had enough and slipped out of the front of the store with a slight ring from the alarm triggered by the opening and closing, but he was out before it's ring finished and down the sidewalk he strolled. Duke filled and expelled as much air as he could in and out of his lungs, already feeling relaxed and loose once more just from the new scenery and fresh air. He stayed close not traveling more than a good stones throw down the street before he would turn a corner into another side street, hoping that eventually with three more right turns he would end up back at the store.
((Well, since the the alley next to the book store leads right past what's now my house according to the official map, and I made buster go idle since she was starting to be a third wheel, this is a good chance to introduce Duke to someone that wont make you do any catching up.))

It seems that Duke is not the only one on this particular path, up ahead is a human being guided by a chocolate lab in a vest and harness combination. The vest is white with a stylized blue "N" designed so that the lower gap is shaped like the silhouette of a large dog sitting. The harness has the words 'service dog' stitched into one of the shoulders. He seems to be describing the terrain for his human companion as they walk.

As the two get close, he stops abruptly, eyes focused on Duke.
"Duster? Is something wrong? Why did you stop?" his human companion asks, though she's not looking at him, or anything for that matter. The dog on the other hand hasn't looked away from Duke for an instant. When he looks at you, his eyes never stop, it's as if he's memorizing every detail.
"There appears to be a rather large feral fox in our path..." he states cautiously, just the slightest hint of uncertainty in his otherwise professional 'all business' tone. Sidestepping slightly to put himself directly between the two.

- - - - -

Still perched atop a bookshelf, Buster has turned her attention to watching The ferret and the big odd looking dog. I wonder what breed that is? She thought to herself observing the two.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"T-thank y-you." Lyn stammered, taking the treat and nibbling on it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:Miles tossed one of his longer tooth necklaces with long teeth to Tara.
"Thanks," She said as she tried the treat. It was weird to be tasting again. It wasn't the best but it was something.
xhunterko wrote:1920 for me. Miles thought to Tara.

Wait, you died that long ago? she thought back. I knew you had a few years on me, but I didn't know you had a few on my grampa."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Ey! Buster!"

Mickey held up one of the fish crackers, nodding toward it in a, "Want one?", way.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Looking down over the side of the bookshelf at the mention of her name, Buster spots the offered treat and moves closer. Now flopped sideways across the bookshelf in a way that would probably be uncomfortable for anyone but a cat, she can reach down far enough to grab the treat.

"Thanks!" she says as she munches on it.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sure. It's definitely not easy..." Ray tilts his head slightly and peers at the little dog form the corner of his eye. Most people and pets he finds he can easily read but this dog is confusing him. He can't make head nor tail of it and he's not altogether sure that he doesn't like it. He resolves to understand this dog, no matter how long it may take him.
"Is sitting up here more likely to make you happy than going down there and chatting though?" he queries. "And what's to say you won't be happy later?"
"Ah never said it'd make me happy to be up here. Just... less frustrated." She huffs a half-laugh. "It ain't like ah'm smilin' 'cause we're up here, is it?" she asks in retort, but her continuing speech makes clear the question rhetorical. "And ah never said ah won't be happy. Just that what makes me happy now ain't likely to help with it."

She lifts her other paw to lazily wave it around. "Ah'll worry about later when it comes in any case. So what about yourself? Why are you concerned about my future?" she asks, head turning a little towards the cat to show that he has her attention.
xhunterko wrote:Makes no difference to me. The dead, from what I learned in Sparkton, the place I went to, aren't like that. Still though Rena. Not everyone is an imposter and you shouldn't brush every one of their kind at first glance cause of a bad experience. Miles thought to Rena.
<Ah ain't talkin' about the dead, Miles. Ah'm talkin' about those who are dyin'. Still alive. An' I /never/ said he's an imposter. Not exactly honest, but not that bad. Ah mean, maybe what ah'm sayin' doesn't really fit the situation, but what he's claimin' is strokin' my coat the wrong way.> She sighs inwardly,
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I know all about kindness. You'd be surprised how much you get when you've got a disability. And by how much you don't get. I have to rely on other people for a lot of things. Like money, for example. I have to hope the shopkeeper is honest and gives me the right notes in change since there's no way for me to tell which are which. Of if I'm getting a drink from the soda fountain someone has to tell me which button is the coke and where to put my cup. Yet if I drop something you'd be surprised how many people walk past without stopping to help me find it again. I've even had my paw stepped on before. And people sometimes assume that because I can't see them I won't know if they cut in line ahead of me. In reality I don't bother saying anything since it's not worth the fight. I sometimes wish I could do more to repay the good people and pets for their kindness to me but I don't think there's really a lot I can do other than being a good friend, I guess... So what kind of performer are you? What's your act?"

~~~!!@!!~~~
"I..." Ray pauses. Why is he concerned for this pet he doesn't even know? It would be easy to just leave her on the step, cut his losses and make friends with the other pets on the shop floor. He knows he'd never forgive himself if he did that though.
"Every pet is important." he answers, eventually. "Everyone deserves friends and happiness, you included, and I would help with bringing that about if I can. Besides, you're a bit of a mystery to me. Call me stupid but my curiosity is piqued. Most pets I can read and understand easily but you I can't figure out and I want to know why. You're a challenge, I guess, and I like a challenge. You just implied that you will be happy in the long run but that which will bring about your happiness is not yet within your grasp, or at least, is not what will bring about short term pleasure. Am I to understand that you have some plan and that you don't want help? You're independant, I can tell that much..." the cat trails off, pondering.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

The Moon Howler

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, I know all about kindness. You'd be surprised how much you get when you've got a disability. And by how much you don't get. I have to rely on other people for a lot of things. Like money, for example. I have to hope the shopkeeper is honest and gives me the right notes in change since there's no way for me to tell which are which. Of if I'm getting a drink from the soda fountain someone has to tell me which button is the coke and where to put my cup. Yet if I drop something you'd be surprised how many people walk past without stopping to help me find it again. I've even had my paw stepped on before. And people sometimes assume that because I can't see them I won't know if they cut in line ahead of me. In reality I don't bother saying anything since it's not worth the fight. I sometimes wish I could do more to repay the good people and pets for their kindness to me but I don't think there's really a lot I can do other than being a good friend, I guess... So what kind of performer are you? What's your act?"
Martin's ears fell down "Most of the people are too ignorant for their own kind's suffering, let alone someone like us." he growled quietly, but quickly stopped focusing on the last thing the ferret said "My act? My act is the one of every street-performing magician, of course."

My RP Characters
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hazyl stretched as she stepped outside of her house. "Time to go meet some new friends. Ready Lydia?" the fennec asked, looking to her right and seeing her friend, but in actuality no one else was there. Instead, her stance changed a bit. "Yes, I'm ready." Lydia responded. Hazyl smiled and began walking towards some shops. She walked up to the bookstore and noticed there was a lot of pets inside. She walked inside and waved at the other pets. "Uh, hi. My name is Hazyl. And this is Lydia." she greeted, pointing next to her when she said Lydia, but there was no one there. Hazyl's posture changed and she looked at the pets. "Hello. I-I'm Lydia." she greeted, a bit nervous.

Lyn looked at the newcomer, a bit confused. "Er, hi. I'm Lyn. It's nice to meet you two."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

After a little small conversation with Draco , they parted way . Serenade then walk around the bookshop , try to find some books that she recognize , not that it's something she usually do , reading books that is , but it's more like.......trying to find something that she lost somewhere along the way.....
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey brushes her paws together before holding it out to shake for the newbies that arrived.

"Howdy!"
Last edited by Mickey on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Buster watches the new comer a moment, before noticing the odd shift in mannerisms and reference to someone who's seemingly not there. After a moment she waves at the newcomer and smiles. "Hi Hazyl, I'm Buster."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Ooh, you have a funny accent. I like it. Hi Buster." Hazyl blurted out, saying exactly what she thought out loud as she shook Mickey's paw. Her body language changed and she looked somewhat angry. "Hazyl! You don't say things like that." Lydia chastised. "I'm sorry about that. Hazyl tends to say what's on her mind without thinking about it." she apologized. "I do not!" Hazyl argued, pouting a bit and staring to her left as if someone was there.

"So, are you Hazyl or Lydia?" Lyn asked, very confused about the fennec switching back and forth between names.

"I'm Hazyl. Lydia's a ghost, she's right there." Hazyl explained, pointing to her left.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey laughs at get accent being called funny.

"It's ahright! No need to scold'er!"
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hypernovatic wrote:"I'm Hazyl. Lydia's a ghost, she's right there." Hazyl explained, pointing to her left.
Tara looked where she was pointing and saw nothing. "Odd. She's nothing like any ghosts I've met," She thought out loud. "well, I guess I've only met two not counting myself. anyway, Nice to meet you two. I'm Tara."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Ooh, you're a ghost too! It's nice to meet you. Who are the other ghosts?" Hazyl asked, excited to meet other ghosts.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT