HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by xhunterko »

Miles sighed. He'd been told that before. A long time ago. So he built up his courage, and walked through the couch behind her.

"It's, easier this way," he said, explaining, then he imagined the set up of candy and strings again, and attached.

Now, I just need to find a source of pain and...oh jeeze!
Miles thought, not taking long to find a source. His hand went to his stomach, and then another to his mouth. He swallowed hard, not wanting to make Grace throw up. He closed his eyes, then opened and focused on the table in front of him, breathing heavily.

"Okay, okay, I'm okay, phew," he said aloud, "What, phew, what do you want me to do Hubert?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert's snout pointed at the writing items. "Now you are in control. Now, write; whatever you wish to write. Grace is but the channel of your essence.
"This way, you shall learn to better exercise your control against your hunger, and Grace will learn how to make the best use of a possession process."
Then the spiritual dragon gently reached out and touched the glowing nucleus of the ermine's lifeforce. <My child, can you hear me? Tell me what you feel.>
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

It didn't take much time for the group to reach Grace's house , standing in front of the door , Serenade looked around to see if everyone's there with her
"well , I guess we should knock then..." she said , then gently knock on the door a few times
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Grace felt something entering her body, and she instinctively tried to fight back against the intrusion. But she held herself back; it was just Miles, there was nothing wrong with that.

It was then when she felt something touch her core, and the cold crept into it. It was painful, and her soul shrieked in agony as snippets of memories flashed in front of her eyes. The accident, the emptiness of her once-full belly, seeing Putera dead in his coffin being led into the incinerator. The emotions of each of them came crashing in on her, and the ermine soul was feeling tortured, her whole being convulsing and writhing.

Then it all stopped. The images vanished, along with the pain. The ermine knelt on the ground, gasping heavily for air, feeling cold and clammy all over. Soon after, she recovered, and she stood up slowly.

Except her body didn't seem to be standing along with her. She could see Hubert in front of her, but she also felt another presence in her... ah, her psyche. So the possession was successful, and err.... oh, right, Miles, was now in control over her physical body.
valerio wrote:Then the spiritual dragon gently reached out and touched the glowing nucleus of the ermine's lifeforce. <My child, can you hear me? Tell me what you feel.>
The warmth of that touch that came into her core was so gentle and soothing that Grace didn't notice the voice. Only when the voice reverberated through the whole empty plain where she was standing that she realized it was Hubert's voice talking to her. <Y-yeah, I hear you shifu. I spaced out for a bit. Well, I'm doing okay, just a little cold. It feels funny to cede control of your own body woh.>

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

"In other circumstances, I would not interfere and get directly in touch with you, but I perceived your memories and the panic that came with them. And Miles, as a ghost, is inherently reactive to such strong emotions.
"But now you must forget those memories, put aside your fears. If you want to regain control of your body in a manner that will not upset Miles, just imagine. Make up an exit way and reach for it. Something the conformation of which you are familiar with, so that the process is smooth. Do you understand?"

---
serence ice fox wrote:It didn't take much time for the group to reach Grace's house , standing in front of the door , Serenade looked around to see if everyone's there with her
"well , I guess we should knock then..." she said , then gently knock on the door a few times
A glow of bue light appeared in front of the door. That light turned to be a certain small blue dragon. "It is good to meet you again, Serenade. I guess you and your acquaintances are welcome, here, but can I ask you all to use a bit of discretion?"
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"And I bet you wouldn't want to find out," Buster replied with a smile. "Be glad you aren't on my bad side."
"Oh, I don't like to be on *anyone's* bad side, believe me. Prey species already are on *everyone's* menu side as it is...And that leads to my next question, bub: *How* did a rabbit end up as mate of..." he pointed at Janus.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:"Oh, I don't like to be on *anyone's* bad side, believe me. Prey species already are on *everyone's* menu side as it is...And that leads to my next question, bub: *How* did a rabbit end up as mate of..." he pointed at Janus.
"I'm not sure I can explain it myself," the rabbit said looking at Janus. "He fell for my charm, he's not the first. But every other time it happened, I didn't care if I hurt them when I turned them down. But something about him... I just cared. He melted my cold heart, and now we're together. And I also kinda helped save his life at the risk of my own."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm not sure I can explain it myself," the rabbit said looking at Janus. "He fell for my charm, he's not the first. But every other time it happened, I didn't care if I hurt them when I turned them down. But something about him... I just cared. He melted my cold heart, and now we're together. And I also kinda helped save his life at the risk of my own."
"The bravest of bunnies!" Janus nodded. "But he never had a cold heart, only a layer of ice to protect it. Me, I was scared of living because of my condition, because I suffered in the past and never wanted to...risk again. Buster somehow knew how to reach out and soothe my soul."
Talking the group reached the end of the gallery.
It wasn't a particularly special room. It contained an array of tools to distillate alcohol, a boiler, rows of now dusty and empty bottles, a cart, crates... Everything was illuminated by candles, which gave the place a spectral light. The flames reflected against the glass of old, dead lamp bulbs hanging from the walls.
"Welcome to my humble den," the rat said. "Humans called this place 'the Red Mine', because they used the apples to distillate their liquor.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I guess none of these things have been used for decades, right?" Buster asked, looking closer at some of the tools. "AAt least not for their intended purpose."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: A glow of bue light appeared in front of the door. That light turned to be a certain small blue dragon. "It is good to meet you again, Serenade. I guess you and your acquaintances are welcome, here, but can I ask you all to use a bit of discretion?"
"Ye-yes master Hubert , I guess we could do that , right everyone ?" the blue fox asked , turning around to look at the group
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I guess none of these things have been used for decades, right?" Buster asked, looking closer at some of the tools. "AAt least not for their intended purpose."
"You're right. The original entrance was sealed, and you guys found the only secret entrance. But I guess I shouldn't worry you'll tell anyone. I so hate to have my privacy invaded, and humans would turn this place into a museum or something."
"Oh, your secret is safe with us!" Janus wagged his tail.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles was about to pick up the pencil when he heard the door knocking.

Oh great! Hubert, what do we do? The last time I let someone go suddenly didn't turn out well. Miles thought.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote:
valerio wrote: A glow of bue light appeared in front of the door. That light turned to be a certain small blue dragon. "It is good to meet you again, Serenade. I guess you and your acquaintances are welcome, here, but can I ask you all to use a bit of discretion?"
"Ye-yes master Hubert , I guess we could do that , right everyone ?" the blue fox asked , turning around to look at the group
"I don't see why not. But before we go Hubert I need to know, is whatever weirdness that's going on here related to the hunter? I'm afraid I've been kind of out of the loop lately. If we're dealing with that again I'd like to know."
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

serence ice fox wrote:
valerio wrote:A glow of bue light appeared in front of the door. That light turned to be a certain small blue dragon. "It is good to meet you again, Serenade. I guess you and your acquaintances are welcome, here, but can I ask you all to use a bit of discretion?"
Jessie wanted to hide behind Serenade when Hubert appeared, but all she did was grab her paw. "I-I don't get the qu-question.." She stuttered, looking to anyone to explain.
Seth wrote:"I don't see why not. But before we go Hubert I need to know, is whatever weirdness that's going on here related to the hunter? I'm afraid I've been kind of out of the loop lately. If we're dealing with that again I'd like to know."
Jessie looked confused and scared. "W-Who's that? He s-sounds not nice.." She said, clutching Serenade's paw tighter.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Miles was about to pick up the pencil when he heard the door knocking.
Oh great! Hubert, what do we do? The last time I let someone go suddenly didn't turn out well. Miles thought.
To Miles, Hubert said, "Do not worry. I am already dealing with the situation. Just keep exercising: Remember, control and patience."
---
Outside, Hubert mentally wingpawlmed. To Gage, he thought out so that the others couldn't listen, <And that, my mortal friend, is what I call 'lack of discretion'. The Hunter is a secret best not revealed to anyone outside our company. But yes, he has been dealt with: he and Janus are one, and it would take only a direct threat to him or to Buster to unleash the Hunter.> then, to the others, he said, "The Hunter used to be a feral, a dangerous one, who roamed outside this urban settlement. He has been dealt with and poses no longer a threat.
"As for me, you may call me Hubert: I am what you would define a 'spirit guardian' for Janus Lagrange and his mate, Buster Drake."
He bowed his head in greeting. "I am honored to make your acquaintance. I am currently acting as teacher to Grace in the arcane arts of dealing with the Beyond. She cannot be interrupted now, but I know she would welcome you, so enter at your will." the door opened by itself, slowly. "Please, just wait outside her room, it will not be long now." And having said that, he turned back into a blue sphere and disappeared.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"thank you" Serenade nodded at the dragon , then turned to the rest "Come on in guys" she said , then went in first herself
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:"In other circumstances, I would not interfere and get directly in touch with you, but I perceived your memories and the panic that came with them. And Miles, as a ghost, is inherently reactive to such strong emotions.
"But now you must forget those memories, put aside your fears. If you want to regain control of your body in a manner that will not upset Miles, just imagine. Make up an exit way and reach for it. Something the conformation of which you are familiar with, so that the process is smooth. Do you understand?"
<I-I understand, shifu.> Grace was not keen on reliving that inhuman pain anymore, and despite her apparent weakness to them, was determined to push them away.

<But shifu, for now, should I also be in joint control with Miles, or should I take the back seat?>, she asked the ethereal dragon.
serence ice fox wrote:It didn't take much time for the group to reach Grace's house , standing in front of the door , Serenade looked around to see if everyone's there with her
valerio wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Miles was about to pick up the pencil when he heard the door knocking.
To Miles, Hubert said, "Do not worry. I am already dealing with the situation. Just keep exercising: Remember, control and patience."
The ermine jumped a little in her psyche field upon hearing knocking on the door. She was about to ask Hubert about it, but after listening by proxy to what the dragon had said to Miles, she kept mum.

In the master bedroom, some shuffling could be heard, and Timmy tossed a little in his sleep, muttering something about leaping kancils.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Miles is still practicing, so he is not allowed a long time. get ready to be back in control any moment."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

<Understood>, Grace curtly answered, poising herself to enter the control fray again.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Even the dragon's thoughts sounded pleased as he said. "Very good. Remember: When you are learning, there is no room for other thoughts, no distractions."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

All right then. Miles thought. Then he thought, what to write about? He was not much of a writer himself. And the pen stood still in his hand. He did know, however, of a writing trick to help out. And he began writing these exact words. The trick is, ran his thinking, is to write first whatever comes to mind, even these exact words. At least, just to get some movement on the page. If you can remember something this small then you can repeat it ad nauseum. But again this gets rather boring. You can also write about your day so far. If your a person with days and don't spend all your time consumed penning down the written word. He paused for a moment, writing exactly that, to emphasize the pause. Emphasis helps you know? It really does. It makes one set of words stand out from another. But really the secret of emphasis is really to flavor out the writing. To make it less boring then it really is. But also for story telling too. Tell me now, which is more dramatic sounding in your head when you read it? Here's two sentences to ponder. The first follows.

He wrote the written word on the page.

Or.

He, wrote, the written word, on the, the, page.

Now I bet you can't guess which sounds more dramatic in your head? I don't need to tell you of course. Lorum ipsem doofus ripsum. Of course it's the second sentence. And you can even change the emphasis of what's being emphasized by simply switching the commas around or removing a descriptive word or two. Also depending on how flowery you want it, you could add more descriptive words to really liven the piece up. Lorum ipsem doomum ipsem. Oh I know! I'll tell Grace about our morning by writing about it!

And thus, as the pets began to enter the house, that is what he found himself doing.

There, see, it's not that hard once you find something and get going. Heh. He thought to himself while writing.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

serence ice fox wrote:"thank you" Serenade nodded at the dragon , then turned to the rest "Come on in guys" she said , then went in first herself
Couldn't help but blink in confusion at the sight of the ghostly dragon. Tail slightly tucked he leaned close to the fox. "So was that um another ghost or something?"
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
valerio

Post by valerio »

sunauto wrote:Couldn't help but blink in confusion at the sight of the ghostly dragon. Tail slightly tucked he leaned close to the fox. "So was that um another ghost or something?"
A mental sigh reached the canine's mind. <*sigh*I am a higher spirit. Ghosts are pale reflections of their living shells. The condition I belong to could be compared to your status in respect to a DNA filament of your body.>
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hi Hubert!" Lyn said happily when he saw the spirit dragon.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

All the while, Grace stayed vigilant, ready to take back control of her body lest something went wrong. Still, the amateur writer in her was listening at Miles' musing as he wrote that sentence with her paw after considerable consideration.

Just like Snoopy and his typewriter. A small chuckle left her. She couldn't wait to see what he had to say.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"You're right. The original entrance was sealed, and you guys found the only secret entrance. But I guess I shouldn't worry you'll tell anyone. I so hate to have my privacy invaded, and humans would turn this place into a museum or something."
"Oh, your secret is safe with us!" Janus wagged his tail.
"I can't even think of a reason we'd tell anyone," Buster answered. "It would just cause us more trouble considering the only entrance is in his house."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I can't even think of a reason we'd tell anyone," Buster answered. "It would just cause us more trouble considering the only entrance is in his house."
The rat rubbed his paws and smiled in a...strange way. "Oh, I know you won't be telling. Since there is no way out. And I'm all too happy to have new food for my pantry."
Janus' slit eyes contracted until they were two thin lines.
---
hypernovatic wrote:"Hi Hubert!" Lyn said happily when he saw the spirit dragon.
(OOC - assuming the group walked into the house)
"Hello to you, mortal creature."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The rat rubbed his paws and smiled in a...strange way. "Oh, I know you won't be telling. Since there is no way out. And I'm all too happy to have new food for my pantry."
Janus' slit eyes contracted until they were two thin lines.
Tara moved closer to Buster, ready to protect him if this rat had some tricks up his sleeve.
Buster tilted his head at this new turn of events. "Are you trying to scare us? We outnumber, outsize, and outghost you," Buster said cooly. "Thought that last part may not be a problem for long," he added with his usual smile.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The rat just chuckled. "Oh, dear, you iz sooo scary. But what could you do? Kill me? That wouldn't change the fact that you will die of thirst and starvation here. So, why not just be nice and become my food reservoir?" He even assumed a solemn tone and pose as he added, "I promise I won't lay a finger on you until your hearts gave up their last beat. Happy?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles gave another small pause. Feeling something, odd. Then he shook it off and began to write about the morning and how he first met Grace.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote: Outside, Hubert mentally wingpawlmed. To Gage, he thought out so that the others couldn't listen, <And that, my mortal friend, is what I call 'lack of discretion'. The Hunter is a secret best not revealed to anyone outside our company. But yes, he has been dealt with: he and Janus are one, and it would take only a direct threat to him or to Buster to unleash the Hunter.> then, to the others, he said, "The Hunter used to be a feral, a dangerous one, who roamed outside this urban settlement. He has been dealt with and poses no longer a threat.
"As for me, you may call me Hubert: I am what you would define a 'spirit guardian' for Janus Lagrange and his mate, Buster Drake."
He bowed his head in greeting. "I am honored to make your acquaintance. I am currently acting as teacher to Grace in the arcane arts of dealing with the Beyond. She cannot be interrupted now, but I know she would welcome you, so enter at your will." the door opened by itself, slowly. "Please, just wait outside her room, it will not be long now." And having said that, he turned back into a blue sphere and disappeared.
"####! My mistake Hubert. Sorry the whole affair still has me kind of jumpy. I'm glad to hear that's over though. " Gage thought back.
Gage followed the rest of the group and waited for Grace.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The rat just chuckled. "Oh, dear, you iz sooo scary. But what could you do? Kill me? That wouldn't change the fact that you will die of thirst and starvation here. So, why not just be nice and become my food reservoir?" He even assumed a solemn tone and pose as he added, "I promise I won't lay a finger on you until your hearts gave up their last beat. Happy?"
"You aren't really the smartest of rats, are you?" Buster asked. "Or did we not mention that one of our ghost friends can teleport us out of here?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Miles gave another small pause. Feeling something, odd. Then he shook it off and began to write about the morning and how he first met Grace.
Hubert quickly scanned the words. He nodded, satisfied. "You have performed well. Now abandon the control of her body. Let us see how she will react."
---
The rat's eyes shrunk. "Not true! Y-you are lying, stupid rabbit! Ghosts can't teleport!!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Maybe you're right," Buster responded. "but our friend Hubert isn't just any ghost. He's a spirit. A dragon spirit. Can you honestly say that you're 100% certain he can't teleport?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert looked at Buster as if he could hug the rabbit any moment now. "I do not usually make a show of my abilities, but in this case I think a demonstration is in order." A flash of roaring light, and the three mortal figures disappeared...

...to reappear in the middle of one of the many apple fields that gave the community its name.
The rat shielded his eyes. "Unfair! Unfair! Referee! You *cheated*!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"And trying to trap us without giving us a chance is such a fair game," the rabbit retorted. "And in case it isn't obvious, the deal's off. You aren't getting any leftovers from us."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"And trying to trap us without giving us a chance is such a fair game," the rabbit retorted. "And in case it isn't obvious, the deal's off. You aren't getting any leftovers from us."
The rat stomped his foot onto the grass. "I didn't trap you at all!!! It was *you* who got yourselves stuck! Not my fault of you didn't know that the secret entrance was supposed to be one-way! You can't leave me here, there are *predators* here!"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Miles gave another small pause. Feeling something, odd. Then he shook it off and began to write about the morning and how he first met Grace.
Hubert quickly scanned the words. He nodded, satisfied. "You have performed well. Now abandon the control of her body. Let us see how she will react."
Suddenly, Grace felt as if her soul was pulled by ropes away from the field, and her physical body jerked forwards once before she realized she could move her fingers with her will again. The ermine could still feel Miles within her, but it felt as if she was led back into the driver's seat of a car they were riding together, and he was a passenger.

"You know ah, I'm glad you told me to be ready Hubert, that was some suction action going on there woh," Grace said to the dragon, flexing her arms again.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And Miles let go. It was kinda difficult at first since he didn't do it himself the first time, but he simply reversed his actions. Then he stood back and watched and waited. Hoping the ermine wouldn't react the way Duke did.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You both performed excellently, I must say. You, Miles, for not conceding to your hunger. And you, my child, for your display of discipline and trust. Now, please, wear your ward once again and go welcome your friends. They are waiting, outside. We will continue our training later, if you agree."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The rat stomped his foot onto the grass. "I didn't trap you at all!!! It was *you* who got yourselves stuck! Not my fault of you didn't know that the secret entrance was supposed to be one-way! You can't leave me here, there are *predators* here!"
"Oh, I know. I'm dating one," Buster said with a chuckle. "And maybe you didn't trap us, but you didn't even wait for us to die before talking about using us for food, and that's not much better."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets