HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"yeah," Buster said, a little surprised to hear Janus' new voice. he should have expected this... now he began to think about what the change could mean. Did saving his life mean changing him so much that he didn't like him anymore? he decided to keep calm and just keep talking. "How are you feeling?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The sun rose!
it rose at an impossible speed, and then it set, and then rose again...light and darkness fought for domination, making the shadows dance their own life, while a strong wind howled through the trees as if wanting to break them, the leaves rustling with millions of angry voices.
Buster was still there, and Janus was just a horribly mauled shape, something that couldn't be alive.
And they were there.
Standing. An adult looking at the rabbit with diffidence, hatred.
A pup looking with plea.
And then, the dying creature talked. His eyes glowed with a cerulean light. "Now it's time you know his last secret. Our last secret. Don't worry, this conversation is happening at the speed of thought, it will be a question of instants for your friends."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster was a little confused at what was going on.

he let out a sigh. "I knew this couldn't be over yet. I'm listening."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Janus did indeed die, that night. It was only a chance, the whim of fate that made me being there to testify his violent demise. But it was my decision that he should live, for he did fight with all his might to stay alive despite the punishment. In my opinion, such a brave creature couldn't just leave the mortal plane so soon.
"I merged with him, I had no other choice: it is a rule of my kin, if spirits of my rank want to involve themselves in the ways of the mortals, they must accept certain...limitations. And merging meant that Janus's body, spirit and I are one thing.
"The skull curse is real, you could say, but I am not bound to that object. I am bound to Janus as long as he lives.
"Alas, this merging allowed me to keep him alive while he healed, but I couldn't interfere with his free will. I couldn't help his soul splitting, although I did my best to mitigate his fury and redirect it to...more appropriate targets during these years.
"So, mortal Buster, forgive me for not being completely honest to you and your friends, but I had to make sure Janus was cured, that he had a second chance."

The two split souls started dissolving, like sand statues in the strong wind. The Hunter nodded, a bitter smile crossing his lips. The pup wagged. His tail broke into pieces, but he was happy again.
"Do not feel burdened with a choice," Hubert spoke through Janus, who now was whole and healthy again. "If you choose him, you'll have to start from the beginning. Janus is now what he was supposed to be from the beginning. If you leave him, with time he'll manage, as you mortal use to say."
A moment later, the wind was gone, and the night had returned.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

start from the beginning, huh? He looked at Janus. he still looked like Janus, but he had no idea what the personality would be like. would he even still be an artist?

well, if he has to meet him again, he may as well start now. he repeated his question. "How are you feeling?"

(OOC: I'm actually unsure if new Janus is awake or not. I would actually think he'd have fallen asleep seeing as he was so sleep deprived)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The wolfdog looked really tired. At first, he just said, "Well, I feel...funny. I should be home, sleeping--" then his nose started quivering madly. He snapped awake. And he looked definitely scared!
"There is someone else here!" he looked around, like a scaredy rabbit himself. "B-Buster, who-who is there? W-what's happening?" he clung to the rabbit, seeking protection, which looked really funny, in a way, considering that the rabbit was the one who could need protection from Janus!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Don't worry, they're friends," he said reassuringly. "You guys can come out now."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage walked out of the woods and approached the two. "We met before but if you don't remember it's Gage. You feelin' ok bud?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Gage. Gage..." Janus smiled. "Yes! Gage! I made a painting for you!" He turned toward Buster. "And you! I am making a wood sculpture of you, yes!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Gage. Gage..." Janus smiled. "Yes! Gage! I made a painting for you!" He turned toward Buster. "And you! I am making a wood sculpture of you, yes!"
"well the first thing you need to do is get home and sleep. Your mom was worried when she found out you had managed to sleep walk out of the house," Buster said, coming up with reasonable explanation for why he was in the woods. "I'm glad Rena managed to sniff you out."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus nodded and gladly let the rabbit support him. "Whoo, I feel like I had a sleeprun!" he smiled at Buster, with the cutest expression...although this time there *was* something 'hungrier' in it. "Say, you're really cute you know?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster blushed a bit. "th-thanks." well, he's still interested... I may as well just go for it.

"you're... not so bad yourself."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"R-really? I feel so weird, with these funny eyes... And, hehe, a bunny and a half-wolf. Speaking of *really* weird..." Janus yawned loudly. "Uh, feel so sleep--" in a moment, he collapsed against the bunny, snoring.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster kept Janus held up as best he could. "So which one of you guys are going to help me carry him home. I'm far from strong enough to do it by myself," he addressed the group.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

From a Dark green Van that just parked next to the road, three pairs of eyes were watching Rex, who was nervously staring at the forest. Those pairs of eyes belonged to three men, who were involved in crime. One of them was holding a folder and a cellphone. From the latter a technologically altered voice was speaking
["In the folder is all that you need to know about your target."] the voice said ["Mr. O'Connell, you have your orders. Carry. Them. Out!"] and closed the call.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I don't much care fer t' secrecy, but he's payin' us a tidy sum," Mickey O'Connell said as he set the phone down. "and t' t'ink, all we gotta do is snatch up a dog. There's gotta be a catch." He set out the contents of the folder so he and his team could check for anything they need to be aware of before grabbing the target. Last thing he wanted was to be taken down by some kind of super dog or something.

(OOC: my attempt at conveying an Irish accent)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke watched as the old monster who had attacked him disappeared and all that remained was the real Janus, he couldn't help but actually be happy for them a small smile showing. Though he had never met Janus before he didn't find it the exact right time to introduce himself but as he fell asleep and Buster asked for Help Duke wasted no time in wiping his eyes and walking over. Giving a nod and a smile Duke scooped up Janus, ignoring the tension in his leg.
"He's ok?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I don't much care fer t' secrecy, but he's payin' us a tidy sum," Mickey O'Connell said as he set the phone down. "and t' t'ink, all we gotta do is snatch up a dog. There's gotta be a catch." He set out the contents of the folder so he and his team could check for anything they need to be aware of before grabbing the target. Last thing he wanted was to be taken down by some kind of super dog or something.

(OOC: my attempt at conveying an Irish accent)
Mr pink looked over the contents of the folder for about the dozenth time that day. "There may well be one, but if we just keep our wits about us we should be fine. Just keep your eyes open and be ready to bail if it starts going bad.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Marine Fox wrote:Duke watched as the old monster who had attacked him disappeared and all that remained was the real Janus, he couldn't help but actually be happy for them a small smile showing. Though he had never met Janus before he didn't find it the exact right time to introduce himself but as he fell asleep and Buster asked for Help Duke wasted no time in wiping his eyes and walking over. Giving a nod and a smile Duke scooped up Janus, ignoring the tension in his leg.
"He's ok?"
Whoa, i dont think your in the best condition to carry him, fox. Mason said as he walked into the open. Here let me carry'm. No offense but i'm stronger.
Yes, I am a furry.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The remaining human of that group was a stocky figure, one who, judging by the looks, was used to the hard work.
"Ready when you are, guys. The guy doesn't look like much of a challenge." he had brawled with rotties in clandestine fights, he knew how to submit a dog quickly and with the minimum amount of pain. He detested the idea of a kidnapping, but his stomach wouldn't be filled on a minimum wage... "We don't want him dead, right?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm thinking we may want someone more permanently tangible to carry him," Buster said to Miles. "Maybe Rena or Mason. and to answer your question, I think he's fine... by which I mean healthy."
--------
"We want 'im alive," Mickey replied to Fred. "Fred, Pink, you go out and grab 'im, I'll keep t' meter runnin'"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Right-o, boss!" Fred almost jumped down the van, ready to run for it.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Mr. Pink exited behind the larger man, prefering to let him take the lead in physical matters.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Fred started running! Straight line, no chance to trip, grab & go! A football pro would've envied that dash!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, I really hope your right Hubert. I'd hate for anything to happen to one of our friends. Speaking of which. Hey Rex? He's okay now. But we might need an extra pair of hands to lift the guy home. Miles thought to Rex.

No offense taken. Miles thought to Buster.
valerio

Post by valerio »

But it was right then, that a single fist hit Rex, knocking him out. One swift move later, he was picked up as easily as if with a big stuffed toy!
"Man, just get ready with muzzle and cuffs! He'll be up and barking soon!" Fred whispered to his accomplice as the made their way back to the van
Last edited by valerio on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

musclecar326 wrote:Whoa, i dont think your in the best condition to carry him, fox. Mason said as he walked into the open. Here let me carry'm. No offense but i'm stronger.
Duke looked over to see the same pet from just earlier who had finished the Hunter, though Duke didn't take his kind hearted offer so well.
"Aren't you the pet who called me weak? Besides it's fine, it's not as bad as it may look"

Duke stamped his injured leg on the ground a few times trying to demonstrate that he was ok
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm thinking we may want someone more permanently tangible to carry him," Buster said to Miles. "Maybe Rena or Mason. and to answer your question, I think he's fine... by which I mean healthy."
Duke stopped his own aggression and seeing as how this was more Buster's fight than any of theirs he did as was implied, a slight look of remorse andshame creeping on his maw due to his aggressve questioning just a second ago. He walked over to the approaching pet, being very careful with Janus he tried to pass him over to this new pet.
It's Duke, not Fox"
speaking just enough where he heard it but hopefully the others didn't.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Sorry, Duke. I meant that you just look weak compared to me. Mason said as he heaved the pet over his shoulder. I'm Mason by the way. He said holding out the paw that wasn't on top of the pet.

Also what's this guy's name, again? Sorry but i can't remember. He asked Buster.
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"His name is Janus," Buster replied.
--------
"Quick work as always, Fred," Mickey said as Fred walked towards the back. "t'row 'im in an' Pink can cuff 'im."
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey guys? I'm gonna check on Rex to see if he left. He's not answering my thoughts. Miles thought to the group. Miles quickly walked, invisible back to the edge of the woods.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

As Duke let Mason take Janus, his remark only made him angrier(if thats a word) he grit his teeth, letting a slightly audiable growl leave his maw. Duke shook Mason's paw but put a tight grip and slightly edged his claws into his paw not trying to break skin but mess with him. Though when Miles asked about another pet, Rex, Duke immediately thought back
"Would you like some help?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Quick work as always, Fred," Mickey said as Frank walked towards the back. "t'row 'im in an' Pink can cuff 'im."
Fred didn't 'throw' the dog in. Instead, he laid him down and nodded to Pink.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Mr. Pink cuffed and muzzled the dog. "Annnnnnnd that's all she wrote folks. Let's exit stage left."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles wasn't worried. He took his time walking up to the edge of the woods.

Heh, so Hubert, what exactly have I learned with the encounter with the hunter? Can I take anything from it? Miles thought to him.

EDIT: Retconned to request.
Last edited by xhunterko on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<You have learnt to interact physically with the mortal plane, as you proved with the Hunter> Hubert mindvoice said. <Although with limits, you are not without resources>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well. I'm gonna check on Rex. Wish me luck. I just hope nothing's happened. He's been out here by himself a while and didn't answer my thought yet. Miles thought back. Do you think you could help if there's trouble?

EDIT: Retconned to request.
Last edited by xhunterko on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Very good. I must stay with Janus, I am bound to him. But if you need me, I can come and help within my possibilities. Good luck, mortal.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:Mr. Pink cuffed and muzzled the dog. "Annnnnnnd that's all she wrote folks. Let's exit stage left."
Mickey started the car and began to drive away. "Now th' meetup wit' t' client ain't fer a while. Try not t' hurt the guy in the meantime, we've nothing personal against 'im."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Mr pink nodded, "Of course. No need to tack any more crimes onto dognapping."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »