HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Marine Fox

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Marine Fox »

"Oh uhh ok"

"Wait uhh Miles what do you want me to do when I get the scent...If I get the scent"

Duke just stood there a bit awkwardly, unsure about even wanting to find Rena's scent, almost sure that getting her angry again would result in possible violence, but he was trying to help if he could.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

The Moon Howler wrote:Rex and Chris were following shortly after Mason, yet as they reached Sigurd's house, Chris was panting heavily, unlike Rex, who was exhausted, but more worried about his brother. He helped his barely standing brother to sit on the ground and turned to Sigurd.
"I'm fine, but I think Chris will need more than a glass of water" Rex said and knelt down to talk to Chris "Bro, Christopher, Are you alright?"
The sitting GSD nodded and through the pants managed to say "I'm... *pant* fine... *pant* just... out of... *pant* form."
"I'll be back out in a moment..." The fox responded simply as he headed inside. True to his word he was back out just a moment later with water for each of them. "And...if any of feel you need something else...just let me know. We don't have much in the way of groceries yet...but we've still got a little." Sigurd said with a light pant as he sat down just off the driveway, taking a few deep breaths to help recover from the run. "I'd invite you guys inside...but dad's kinda a neat freak and...well the place isn't quite to his 'standards' yet..."
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Thanks. Mason said as he took the glass of water, then chugged it all down in 1 swallow. That's ok if your house isn't ready yet, Rex said they had a lot of leftover food. So i'll go over there with them. He told Sigurd.
Yes, I am a furry.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Rex took the glass from Sigurd and gave it to his brother
"Drink slowly, okay?" he said
Christopher nodded and took the glass, taking small sips. Soon he emptied it and passed it to Rex, who returned it to Sigurd
"Thanks for the water, Sigurd!" Rex said "You're a pal." he glanced at Mason "And I believe it really is time for us to go home - food awaits, you know." the GSD added with a grin "Too bad you can't join us, but hey, there are other times you will be able to come, yes?" the shepherd looked at his brother and helped him to stand up. "And you'll need that food the most, bro, I don't even remember you eating today. Let's go home! See ya, Sigurd!" he waved at the fox and headed home.
Chris nodded and waved at Sigurd "Bye and thanks!" He managed to mutter through the panting.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

"Yeah, though I'd need to be able to give dad advanced notice if I'm gonna be out late." The fox answered Rex's question with a small smile. "Anyway, see ya guys around!" He called as he stood up with the glasses and headed inside.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Phew. Just. Phew. Don't worry about that. Phew. Just get to the park, it's fairly easy cause there's, phew, signs everywhere. Then just see if you can't find where a group of pets, or her's, since, you know it, phew, already. I'll be back in a bit, phew. And we'll go from there okay? He thought to Duke.

And by then, Miles had reached Rena's staircase panting.

"Okay, look, I really am sorry for the, phew, trouble I've caused you tonight. I'll have to remember that about headaches," Miles said, "But, I really, phew, did want to talk, phew, to you about what I saw. It, still freaks me out. Phew." He finished, sitting down on a step.

ooc: I got lost there for a bit. Where is the pizza place in relation to the bookstore and the park? I placed Duke and Miles at the half way point where you turn into the park. And I wasn't sure if the group passed by the bookstore on the way or not, hence the need to run back.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke turned after Miles thought to him, and saw the sighns for the park so he turned on his heels and followed the sighns till he came across the park, he himself didn't have a clue what some of this stuff was but it seemed pretty refreshing and peaceful. After he had his moment he started walking around, sniffing here and there for the scent till all of a sudden he caught an immediate stench of the pets, all of them to be exact, though with the multpile fumes it was a little hard to pick one out, but after a few minutes of looking around more, and trying to remember Rena's scent from earlier today, he was sure he'd found it, but even though he'd found it he wasn't sure what to do, so with some comfort he just sat in the grass and looked around at all the weird parts of civilization, things he was sure weren't for him or any feral.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Shirosune wrote:"Yeah, though I'd need to be able to give dad advanced notice if I'm gonna be out late." The fox answered Rex's question with a small smile. "Anyway, see ya guys around!" He called as he stood up with the glasses and headed inside.

Thanks for the water! Bye, see you tomorrow. Mason called to Sigurd.

So, off to your house then right Rex? He asked.
Yes, I am a furry.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
valerio wrote:If you decided to help him, the final result would be an entity you may find hard to recognize, for the Janus you know now is incomplete."
"I'm okay with that. As long as he's alive, I'll see if I still love him... Plus, he hasn't seen my full personality yet either."
I'm with Buster on this one. If there's anything I can do to help I'll do it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Then go to his home. Wait for him. He will be back, about two hours from dawn. Worry not, for I'll be there to protect you."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I'd need some sleep before doing anything," Buster said. "It's been a long, confusing day. I'll go home and take a nap for a couple hours, then head over." The rabbit yawned as he finished his sentence. "That is, if I can even sleep."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

xhunterko wrote:And by then, Miles had reached Rena's staircase panting.

"Okay, look, I really am sorry for the, phew, trouble I've caused you tonight. I'll have to remember that about headaches," Miles said, "But, I really, phew, did want to talk, phew, to you about what I saw. It, still freaks me out. Phew." He finished, sitting down on a step.

ooc: I got lost there for a bit. Where is the pizza place in relation to the bookstore and the park? I placed Duke and Miles at the half way point where you turn into the park. And I wasn't sure if the group passed by the bookstore on the way or not, hence the need to run back.
"Well, you've got a few things to be sorry for, but the headache isn't one of the big ones." Rena said as she stepped down to sit with him. "Now look, y'all don't have to tell me about what you saw right now, but I want ya to know that now's probably not the time to be dodgy with me. I'm angry, I have a headache, and I'm confused, and I don't want to have to worry about you for nothing, because that's distracting, and the last thing I want when I go out to try and talk to that thing in the woods is a distraction. It's stressful to me, which makes the situation stressful for him. Y' got that?" She asked, turning her head toward him a little.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles nodded.

"Well, okay," he said, looking at her, "I guess we can, uh, save it for later if you want. I apologize cause I try to be careful about what I do. Cause, normally, I don't know if I'm going to be here tomorrow or not. But, I think, I've finally come to accept that, I will probably be here tomorrow. And the next day too. Sigh. So, yeah, we can talk later. If, th-that's what you want." He got a bit too nervous at the last bit and looked back towards the street.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'd need some sleep before doing anything," Buster said. "It's been a long, confusing day. I'll go home and take a nap for a couple hours, then head over." The rabbit yawned as he finished his sentence. "That is, if I can even sleep."

Sounds like a plan to me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke just sat in the grass, thinking to himself going back and forth between two actions he could take, both would have consequences but he kept going through them, talking softly to himself.

"Hmm They just think your a feral, you can leave right now, you know the way back to the woods you just have to find your home again, then again they may actually care for you, you never know when's the last time i've had any real contact with something that wasn't predator or prey. You gotta make a decision now, stay or go, stay or go."

He kept telling himself that several times in his head, trying to make up his mind, that is until he noticed a few humans looking at him, not used to seeing a fox out here, unsure what to think or do but he knew where his place was, he was a feral atleast thats what he told himself and thats all he heard as it rang in his ears. When it finally hit him he said it once to himself as he took a deep breath and glanced at the sunset, then in a swift motion he got up and turned to head towards the woods, saying something almost inaudiable

"Sorry Miles"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

xhunterko wrote:Miles nodded.

"Well, okay," he said, looking at her, "I guess we can, uh, save it for later if you want. I apologize cause I try to be careful about what I do. Cause, normally, I don't know if I'm going to be here tomorrow or not. But, I think, I've finally come to accept that, I will probably be here tomorrow. And the next day too. Sigh. So, yeah, we can talk later. If, th-that's what you want." He got a bit too nervous at the last bit and looked back towards the street.
"Y'all can talk to me about it whenever ya want, and don't worry about offendin' me by bein' careful... I wouldn't be alive today if I wasn't careful... and I have the eyesight to prove what happens when a huntin' dog isn't careful..." She said, her eyes going a bit more dull as she looked up to they sky, colors of the stars that were either out of sight entirely or barely even noticeable beyond the blackness of the night sky that stretched over them through her eyes as they cast a haze over everything.
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

That last comment caught Miles concern. And he looked at her to say something, and he noticed the eyes.

Bury it you idiot.
Just bury it.

He closed his eyes to stop staring. Then opened them again.

Just do what you always do.
Bury it and drive them away.

Miles closed his eyes again and clenched a fist and released it.

Not this time.
I'm tired of being lonely. I'm tired of being friendless. I'm tired of not living. Go away!!!
He thought to himself again. Noticing the paused silence, he decided to try and not be awkward.

"So, uh, if-f, you don't mind me asking," Miles stammered, "What happened?"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke turned back and continued his brisk pace out of the area, he started taking final looks around at the different places and structures but he kept his pace, after wandering through he came to the edge of the woods where he had entered in before, he took one last look around but before entering he felt around his neck, feeling the collar's grooves and texture then when he found what he was looking for he unclipped it and held it in his paw for a second before letting it drop to the ground. He wasn't a pet, but a feral just pretending, with that he continued his walk into the woods, but having no idea how to get back to his home from being so far out he just wandered around, still thinking to himself.
valerio

Post by valerio »

And it was at that moment that a couple of strong arms grabbed the fox from under his arms! A moment later, he was taken up a tree at a fantastic speed. Only when he was in the thick branches, whatever had captured Duke stopped.
A claw ran along the fox's throat, as a malevolent voice whispered in his ear, "Foxy foxy foxy... Welcome, I missed someone to play with." then the voice giggled
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke never knew what hit him as he was dragged through the tree, completely in shock, he tried to think what had gotten him definently putting out a hunter, though just as a trap crossed his mind he heard the terrifying voice as claws were tight around his neck and froma gut feeling and his poor luck he knew it was Janus, atleast the side he'd heard about that was very dangerous but either way he struggled to get free, using his paws to try to pry the claws away from his throat, he struggled to get a few words out.

"Screw Y-you!"

Duke didn't know what was going to happen but he wasn't going to whimper and break down, he'd give a fight if he survived long enough to put one up.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The only reward of Duke's efforts was the tightening of the paw around his throat.
"Last time someone told me that, I skinned him alive before eating him. It was fun. Like it's going to be now..." Then both paws clasped Duke's head, the claws starting to dig--
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke yelped at the feel of the claws, getting tighter around his neck, it was now getting a little harder to breath, he needed to get free but he found prying the claws was of no avail so he knew at the risk of ticking Janus off more he free'd one paw and went for a jab at what he could only pray was Janus's head.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

xhunterko wrote:That last comment caught Miles concern. And he looked at her to say something, and he noticed the eyes.

Bury it you idiot.
Just bury it.

He closed his eyes to stop staring. Then opened them again.

Just do what you always do.
Bury it and drive them away.

Miles closed his eyes again and clenched a fist and released it.

Not this time.
I'm tired of being lonely. I'm tired of being friendless. I'm tired of not living. Go away!!!
He thought to himself again. Noticing the paused silence, he decided to try and not be awkward.

"So, uh, if-f, you don't mind me asking," Miles stammered, "What happened?"
Rena let out a soft sigh as she sat back up, rubbing her eye. "Well, it's a long story, but I took a long nap earlier, so I'll be up for a while anyway..." She said looking at the ground. "It's the story I was going to tell earlier even, but, I kinda had to get home so that I could take a nap... and the same as I was going to tell you yesterday, I just have a hard time wording it..."

"It starts back at the beginning of my last hunt, Lucy, my birth ma, Buck, Uncle Eddie, Shadow, Wisp, Uncle Jacky, Delta, Whiskey, Aunt Athena, and myself... Wait, sorry I forgot you were planning on goin' to sleep tonight... I should probably tell you in the mornin'." She said, remembering on of his earlier thoughts to her.
Love me right now! Done.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The idea was good, and the execution fine. Another predator would've been hit straight on its sensitive snout.
Unfortunately, Janus was fast. he saw the attack and dodged. "You got fight in you, I like it." Then he slammed the fox down against the branch. hard. Then, as one paw pressed against Duke's back, the other grabbed his tail. "I will take a trophy to celebrate your guts, before letting you see them!" Then he started pulling--
"YOU SHALL STOP THIS HERE AND NOW!" boomed a voice like a roaring thunder.
A moment later, something like a blue flame cut into the tree like a knife in the butter! The two halves separated, as predator and prey were too separated.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles shrugged in response to Rena.

"You can give me the short version if you want, in all honesty I'm not," Miles said, before shocking himself with a yawn, "Eh heh, I guess I am slightly tired so....-*" And then he turned his head and heard something like a crack of thunder. His mouth went dry and he silently cursed himself for being stupid as only two thoughts went through his mind.

Duke? DUKE!? He thought to the fox.

ooc: would the light have been visible, even at a distance?
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

As soon as Duke had felt wind in his paw and heard Janus's taunt, he knew he'd missed and was in for it and that was only intensified as he was slammed onto a branch, feeling sharp bits of pain as he hit it hard, then when he felt the paw pressing him on his back and another on his tail and from what Janus said he knew what he was planning, Duke struggled harder and harder, trying to fight the pain as he could feel pressure on his tail, as he felt like his end was coming he could feel rage and anger bubbling up, mainly because he wanted to fight back but there was nothing he could do, he felt helpless and weak. He was struggled a bit more, only causing himself more pain as he pulled but before he knew it a loud voice boomed over them and then the tree was sliced in half but with that Duke had nothing holding him, and with that he tumbled through the branches all the way back down to earth, he tried to grab for what he could but only pain shot through his arms as he tried to cling to branches but to no avail and after the short tumble he hit the soil with a thud, yelping as he landed.
valerio

Post by valerio »

As aethereal flames danced on the wood, a low growl announced the rise of the monster.
Duke could see Janus in all his malevolent glory, his teeth completely bared, so long and sharp, a bloodlust grin. His slit eyes were filled with a hatred that even the direst of wolves could not possibly hold.
If the eyes were the mirrors over one's soul, then there was nothing but a world of horror within the hunter. "Youuu..." he growled. There was no trace of amusement now. The assassin's intentions were naked. "You. Are. MINE!" he leaped at Duke with a roar--and slammed head first, with a grunt, into a wall of blue flames. The Czech wolf started slamming and clawing at the barrier Do not dare to interfere! He is mine, mine, MINE!"
After realizing his efforts were useless, Janus went down on all fours, walking like a remote, unevolved ancestor, staring at Duke, growling.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena's ears had perked up at the sound, and then she started sniffing the air. Not even a hint for a storm. She thought to her self as she sprung up to her feet and scurried down the stairs, rounding the hand rail and taking off in the direction that the sound that had blasted from without taking even a moment to respond to Miles.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'd need some sleep before doing anything," Buster said. "It's been a long, confusing day. I'll go home and take a nap for a couple hours, then head over." The rabbit yawned as he finished his sentence. "That is, if I can even sleep."

Sounds like a plan to me.
"If you want to stay at my place until we go to Janus's, You're welcome to. I have a couch in my room that you could sleep on."
(OOC: is Hubert actually gone or is he doing all the stuff with the hunter remotely?)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Still perching on Buster's shoulder, Hubert's eyes suddenly shone with an intense, eerie golden glow. He was looking in the direction of the forest.
He just hoped this last strategy would come to fruition...
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke just lay on the ground, his eye's completely dazed but he could barely make out Janus and his feriocity, as he leapt duke thought he was finished that is until a barrier blocked the attack and forced Janus to back off, DUke was a bit relieved but knew it wasn't over yet. As he was on the ground, he could faintly hear Miles but he was still in a bit of a state of shock so he barely mustered out from under his breath

"Miles..."

(I'll try to keep it under control but if it gets to the point of rule breaking lemme know)

Duke felt pain all over, having fallen from that tree he could feel the splinters digging in, he could feel the warmth that trickled from the corner of his maw and the crimson trickles over his back and torso gave him a bit of warmth even though he knew what they were he didn't care, he loved the fact he could feel anything at all, but most of it was pain as he tried to move but with every tightening his muscles ached and bits of pain shot through him, he did his best to try to roll onto his stomach then he started to try to prop himself up onto his paws and knee's, feeling the intense pain and the bits of crimson running over his fur.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

WE'RE COMING!!! DON'T MOVE!!! Miles thought to Duke, taking off after Rena.

"I shoulda known that vision was an omen! I shoulda known, idiot!" Miles said mostly to himself.

HUBERT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF FUR, PLEASE TELL ME YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! He thought to the dragon.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus leapt again at the wall of flames. And this time, it looked as if his claws could actually scratch at it!
Then flames started dancing around Duke's body. A disemboided voice said, in a soothing tone, "Relax, mortal. I am trying to heal you now. It's not a thing I do often, but you don't deserve this pain."
"And what did that pup to deserve it?!" the monstrous figure roared, ripping the flames open. "You're breaking the pact, dragon! He is mine, he's in my territory!"
A couple of pupilless eyes started glowing against the flames. "He has a collar is domestic. The pact is to leave them alone."
Janus was snorting like a bull now. "Domestics didn't leave alone an innocent pup, they didn't care for his age and innocence! The pact is, whoever enters my territory dies. Or the city will become my hunting ground!"
---
<Duke has wandered into the hunter's territory. I am taking care of him, but you watch out. You're too young an entity to deal with him. Help Duke, instead.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Me and Rena our on our way! Just get the hunter out of there if you can! Miles thought to him.

DUKE! COME ON! SAY SOMETHING! He thought to the fox.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke still felt pain and the warm crimson leaving his body but out of it all he felt a little bit better, the feeling increasing a little, he knew it was Hubert from the voice and was thankful. He tried his best to get to his feet, stumbling and wobbly from the shock and pain, he took a second to gain his balance before trying to stand upright, taking a baby steps, unsure about his own movements, but after over hearing the arguments he felt a bit ashamed, even if he would never belong in a civilized place or so he felt, he didn't want to endanger an entire city because Hubert chose to help him, with the even though he couldn't see him he tried to talk to Hubert.

"I-Is that true? W-Will he get t-the city if you spare me?"

Duke could hear Miles voice, a little from inside his head, he didn't want to endanger them either but he tried to muster enough to think back, feeling a bit of pain through the thoughts.
"Miles..."

Even with the healing, the thoughts still caused him a bit of stress and pain so he stopped there, trying to just focus on Janus.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

FINALLY! THANK FUR! I TOLD YOU TO WAIT! ERGH! JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE! WE'RE COMING! He thought to Duke trying not to be too angry on him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus' eyes flashed with...gluttony? he actually licked his teeth. "Yesss.." he hissed like some monstrous lizard. "If I am denied my hunting rights, I will expand my territory. Imagine what I can do with so much preyyyy..."

(OOC - I'd say it's better stop and wait for Rena)
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena was quickly making her way toward the sound, not even stopping when she noticed she was getting close to the woods, trying to find something different about the town she knows. :C'mon, where did that sound come from?: She thought to herself, starting to get irritated when a familiar scent caught her nose. She quickly dropped down to all fours and started sniffing around at the ground, following Duke's unmistakeable scent as it went into the woods.

((OOC: Sorry, I have a bit of an issue with getting distracted.))
Love me right now! Done.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke listened to Janus, and hated every herrible word that came from him. He wasn't a pet but he wasn't going to let alot of innocent people and pets be killed because of his foolishness and stupidity, he didn't like what he needed to do, but what did he have to lose.

"Hubert, y-you can't let him to the city, let me fight him, atleast I can go down with a fight"

Duke started to stagger towards Janus, feeling a little better from the healing, he could feel a bit of strength returning as he kept his heading.
valerio

Post by valerio »

It was like watching a monstrous hell pup all happy over his feast of souls. He was panting, drooling, smiling that horrendous lolling smile as his claws ripped the flames open. "Yes Yes yes! Come here, and I promise it will be painful!"
You do that," said the eyes hovering over the wall, "And I will resort to extreme measures. You have my word on that."