HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Marine Fox

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke wasn't expecting another human or pet for that matter to be traveling down this particular path, he didn't mind however until he noticed the pet was staring directly at him with a look of curiosity and caution at the same time. It was only when he noticed the vest and put the pieces together that he realized the human was unable to see. He'd seen this before in the wild as it was common among the others who were either old or were fighters. The fox plainly heard the lab called "Duster" tell his owner about him, describing him as a foe it would seem, or at least a possible problem rather than fellow animal. Duke smirked and flashed a toothy smile to Duster hoping to put him a little on edge just for the heck of it, then he moved between him and the human in a protective gesture. Duke kept walking and looked at the lab right back, changing from a smile to a simple closed smirk. The fox thought about making a few feral gestures and maybe act a little so as well but he thought of it better to not do so, the last thing he needed right now was involvement with the human police. As he walked past the very protective lab he gave a simple chuckle and continued on his way down the side street until he came upon a right turn and took it down that way for a little bit.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Watching the fox cautiously as he moved past, Duster's expression seemed to lighten up a bit after a while. Hmmm. Perhaps I misjudged him...

"He's gone." Duster stated once the fox was around the corner.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Ion went to the bookshelf Nettie pointed to, he quickly scanned the bookshelf and spotted some medical books. Most of the books they either had or read, he grabbed three they didn't have and walked over to Eon smiling. Eon looked at the books then at Nettie, "How much is this going to cost?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Let's see..." Nettie said, trying to remember how much those books had cost her. "those three will be $40."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Liked it? I loved it! Ooh... Let's see... Mentalism sounds spooky. Let's try that!" Lilly claps her paws and bounces lightly from footpaw to footpaw excitedly. "Dook dook!"

~~@@~~@@~~
Heh. I thought you dogs were suppose to be fast learners. Besides, you ought to be able to take on a cat just by dint of being a dog. Ray teases Tara.
"My would he be wearing a magenta suit?" the tom cat asks Buster, confused. "Erm, sorry, I didn't catch your name ye- Oh. er, Hi, Hazyl." Ray can't help but step back slightly as Hazyl gets so close.
"I was up there talking to Rena. I've been in Applegate since yesterday and in this shop for the last half hour and I sort of know most of them but I only met them this morning... Did I answer everything?" Next Ray looks at the ferrets.
"Hi, Ion and Eon. Interesting names. Very sciencey. Are you guys or your owners into science?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey makes a "cuff" noise and carefully ascends the bookcase. She slowly stands, to as high as she could, and points an accusing finger at the air.

"Alright! That's it! You've gone and spooked enough of mah friends, ghost! Show yerself so Ah just who Ah'm hollarin' at!"

Mickey blew smoke from her nose and she looked about ever so slightly, as not to fall.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mickey wrote:Mickey makes a "cuff" noise and carefully ascends the bookcase. She slowly stands, to as high as she could, and points an accusing finger at the air.

"Alright! That's it! You've gone and spooked enough of mah friends, ghost! Show yerself so Ah just who Ah'm hollarin' at!"

Mickey blew smoke from her nose and she looked about ever so slightly, as not to fall.
"Careful dear, I've knocked those shelves down a few times trying the same thing, it can be rather painful," Nettie nonchalantly told Mickey.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:"My would he be wearing a magenta suit?" the tom cat asks Buster, confused.
Buster seems to be staring at Ray now, as if he's mysteriously grown a second head. There's a pause of a good few seconds before she speaks.
"Miles Edgeworth. Goofy lawyer, wears odd colored suits, huge over-actor? You don't play videogames do you?" she asks, wishing she hadn't left her 3ds at home. It would be so much easier just to show him.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon and Ion looked at each other full of excitement, "I'll be right back!" Eon ran out the door to go get some money from Patrick. Ion stood there holding the books, "Actually, me, Eon, and our owner were all paramedics before moving here." Ion said to Ray, Ion just watched Mickey confused at what he was doing.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn climbed up the bookcase with Mickey. "U-um, a-are you s-sure this is a g-good idea?" he asked, nervously looking around, a bit frightened.

Hazyl smiled and bounced up and down. "Awesome. I bet we're gonna be good frie-" she said, cut off as she stopped bouncing and sighed. "Finally, I can talk. Hi, I'm Lydia. You could say I'm Hazyl's 'guardian' of sorts." Lydia said, extending her paw for Ray to shake.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey looked at Lyn, a frown set firm on her muzzle.

"Ah don't care if it's a good idea er not! Ah've had it with these spirits, no offense to Tara, scaring mah friends! He's done nuttin' but scare ya! He's got me madder than a bucking bronco in the middle an empty rodeo!"

Mickey's accent was even heavier in her speech. She looked around for any sign of an apparition.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn shrank back, frightened by the way Mickey was acting. "U-um, o-okay. I'll j-just be o-over he-" he stammered, yelping as he moved to far back and fell off the edge of the bookcase. He held his arms out in front of him, hoping that would help him land better, but it didn't. His left paw hit the ground and his arm bent at a weird angle. Lyn cried out in pain as he tried to move his arm, but it hurt so much, he couldn't.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey gasped and climbed down before running over to Lyn. She dropped to her knees and gasped at his arm.

"Ah horseapples! Ah'm sorry! Ah shouldn't been yellin' like that. Lyn, can you see? How many is this?"

Mickey held up two fingers, the other paw pulling off her handkerchief. She held it between her teeth as she waited for an answer.
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"U-um, t-two?"Lyn asked, unsure as tears ran down his face. "I t-think I j-just b-broke my a-arm..." he stammered, holding his left arm gently, wincing as he touched it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Ah think so."

Mickey put her part down and set her handkerchief aside.

"Alright, Lyn. Ah'm gonna do something Ah learned on the farm. It's gonna hurt a lot, but it'll have to keep it in place until we get a vet."

Mickey pulled another handkerchief, this one light green in color, and tied the two together. She carefully positioned his arm back into place. She hooked the handkerchiefs over Lyn's shoulder and made a makeshift sling. She carefully slid Lyn's arm into it.

"Sorry if that hurt, but Ah had to to keep it from ending up worse than it is now."
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Ion set the books he was holding down and quickly made his way over to Lyn. "Can you move your fingers?" He looked at Mickey, "Is there a vet in town?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Yes, there is," Nettie replied. "Wouldn't be a very good pet friendly neighborhood if there wasn't."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sigh. At least YOUR stupidity didn't get YOU hurt too. And please, spare the lecture. I HARDLY did anything. And you'll be wasting precious breath. Miles thought to Mickey.

Then he appeared behind Ion.

"You used to be a paramedic you say? How bad is it?" He asked quietly.

No suit sorry. Just candy. Miles thought to Buster, winking at her.

Of all the days to be in need of an actual spirit dragon, sigh. Hubert, can you hear me at all? Miles thought at least to the ether.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I wouldn't be if you hadn't scared Lyn half to death before. And please, you apparition, I knew what I was doing when I got up on that bookcase. I've climbed silos twice that size and come down without more than a scratch. Mickey thought back, still cross at Miles.

Mickey kneeled next to Lyn, removing her jacket and propping Lyn's head up on it.

"Not sure what all had happened to ya, so Ah'm not takin' chances."

Mickey glanced at Miles over her shoulder and scoffed.

I've always been told ghosts were the souls of those of the kind. Mickey thought to herself. She reached into her leather collar and pulled out her phone.

"What's the vets number?"
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn hissed as Mickey put his arm in the makeshift sling. "Thanks Mickey. I a-appreciate t-that you're d-doing this f-for m-me." he said, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Sigh. At least YOUR stupidity didn't get YOU hurt too. And please, spare the lecture. I HARDLY did anything. And you'll be wasting precious breath. Miles thought to Mickey.

Then he appeared behind Ion.

"You used to be a paramedic you say? How bad is it?" He asked quietly.

No suit sorry. Just candy. Miles thought to Buster, winking at her.

Of all the days to be in need of an actual spirit dragon, sigh. Hubert, can you hear me at all? Miles thought at least to the ether.
A tiny blue spark appeared over Miles' shoulder, before taking the familiar shape of the faerie dragon. <I can hear you. I am sorry, my attention was caught elsewhere.>
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Ion kneeled down and looked at Lyn's arm, "Looks like you broke bones in the forearm and wrist. The muscle might also be torn." He said completely unaware that he just answered Miles question. He looked at Mickey, "You think you can help her to the vets?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Lyn's a fella, but yeah."

Mickey helped up Lyn, throwing his non-injured arm over her shoulder. The kitten felt extremely naked without her handkerchief and jacket but Lyn's well-being was more important. She couldn't help feeling it was all her fault, but she pushed all guilt and negative thoughts from her mind. She used her tail to pick up her book from her discarded jacket and brought it to her front. She grabbed it and balanced it on one knee while she opened it. She flipped to the page with a ribbon sticking out of it.

"Now where did we leave off? Ah know! We were act the part where Farow and Edlan were looker for Raspy."
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"That d-doesn't s-sound good." Lyn said, groaning as he sat up. He smiled softly as Mickey started reading to him again. "Y-you're v-very good at m-making someone c-calm." he said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"When ya have the chore of puttin' several youngins to sleep, ya have to be."

Mickey smiled and began reading again, explaining Husky words and saying them herself.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Um, is there any way I can help?" buster asked, forgetting about her question to Ray, and feeling a bit useless standing around watching while everyone else it seemed was being useful.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Ion looked from Lyn's arm to Buster, "You could run to the vets and let them know we're coming." He thought to himself real quick, "Or you can go get my brother," he pointed to down the side of the street they moved on, "We moved in the last house on the street, we still have some medical supplies."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I could call the vet and tell him you're on your way," Nettie offered. "That way Buster can get your brother and meet you on the way."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yeah, I don't know where that is yet." Buster commented sheepishly before Ion mentioned his other suggestion. "Gotcha." Nodding she dropped into a sprint practically bursting out the door.

Once outside she blurts out a rushed "HiMomIt'sLunchtimeIsntItKindaBusyByeMom" before dashing down the street, dodging over, under, or around pedestrians fire hydrants mailboxes and whatever else along the way she was told to go.

Coming to a halt on the porch of the last house on the street, she starts knocking on the door.
Please be the right one.

- - - -

"Was that just..."
"Where is she off to in such a hurry?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena stumbles back as Buster rushes past herself and Serenade. "... We might need to hold off a moment." She steps around and quickly moves towards the commotion in the bookstore. "What happened in here Ma'?" she calls out, looking around a bit.

"Oh, a couple of the customers climbed on the shelves. I think one broke his arm," Nettie replies nonchalantly. "I told them it was dangerous."

The Shiba Inu's ears fold back. "Okay, and the vet?" she asks, speech picking up speed at the news.

"I was just about to call him, the others are going to take him to the clinic," she replies. "Nothing to worry about dear, he'll be more or less fine."

Rena looks over towards the group, then back at Nettie briefly to give a nod before stepping to the gathered pets. "Anythin' ah can do to help?" she asks, refraining from sniffing around and scaring anyone.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Y-you're p-pretty." Lyn said, resting his head on Mickey's shoulder. He was shaking uncontrollably and still in a lot of pain.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Civilization wrote:Eon and Ion looked at each other full of excitement, "I'll be right back!" Eon ran out the door to go get some money from Patrick. Ion stood there holding the books, "Actually, me, Eon, and our owner were all paramedics before moving here." Ion said to Ray, Ion just watched Mickey confused at what he was doing.
"Oh, paramedics! Cool! I-"
hypernovatic wrote:"Finally, I can talk. Hi, I'm Lydia. You could say I'm Hazyl's 'guardian' of sorts." Lydia said, extending her paw for Ray to shake.
"Er... Hi, er, Lydia... You, erm, couldn't talk before?" Ray shakes the proffered paw in a friendly manner. He's confused but determined not to let it show. He looks on as Lyn falls but being inexperienced in the science of medicine decides to keep back out of the way.
Can you do anything about that with your powers, Miles? Heal him or at least ease the pain? he thinks at the ghost.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon was just putting the forty dollars he got from Patrick between his collar and fur when someone knocked on the door. He opened the door to find a cat he saw in the bookstore, "Uh, hi. He noticed that the cat had been running hard, "What happened?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Ion wanted supplies... like a first aid kit or something? Lyn's hurt." Buster explains, pantomiming holding her arm like it's in a sling. "where is that stuff?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon hurried back inside, he dug around the boxes labeled medical supplies. He grabbed an arm brace, an elbow support brace, and an arm sling. He ran out by the cat, "Well, let's go!" He started to run down the street to the bookstore trying to hold onto everything.
Leafolawl wrote:Rena looks over towards the group, then back at Nettie briefly to give a nod before stepping to the gathered pets. "Anythin' ah can do to help?" she asks, refraining from sniffing around and scaring anyone.
Ion stood there looking at Lyn and Mickey, "No, thank you though, but looks like Mickey here knows what she's doing."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

While everyone else was gathering around , helping poor Lyn , Serenade instead kept her distance from the group . Not because she wanted to get away , nor did she not want to help the poor cat , but because.....well , this was most likely the safest option . Anxiety and worrying was never the best combination , and Serenade should know , because at that very moment , she could felt something stirring up inside her.........
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Following after Eon at a decent pace,though still slower than she would move on her own which bugs her slightly, Buster keeps an eye out to catch anything he might drop.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

hypernovatic wrote:"Y-you're p-pretty." Lyn said, resting his head on Mickey's shoulder. He was shaking uncontrollably and still in a lot of pain.
Mickey rubbed his back in soothing motion, allowing him to rest on her.

"Thanks. Ya'll just try and save yer strength, alright?"
My characters!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: thought that was not meant to be answered. got it covered.

That's right. YOU have. Lyn may have not. And so it's monkey see monkey do oops someone has a boo boo. Miles thought to Mickey.

Ah, there you are. Sorry to be a bother but I need your assistance in a few things. Pretty sure I made the right call scaring Lyn after watching his behavior. Miles thought to Hubert. Then he mind played the event to Hubert from his point of view.

He's young and healthy. He'll be a bit nervous tomorrow but hopefully he's learned his lesson. Did I go to far? Or was it just enough? Secondly, I accidentally scared another cat JUST by tapping on her head. Which caused Mickey to climb up a shelf after me. Lyn followed, falling and breaking his arm as you can see. Now I KNOW it's not too much to ask but as it's partly my fault. Could you do anything for his arm? Accelerate the healing? Ease the pain? I know it's a bit of a stretch to ask for an outright healing but. Miles thought to Hubert.

EDIT:
ALL I did was tap her on the head. Honest! Miles thought to Ray.
Last edited by xhunterko on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon managed to run to bookstore door and opened it. "Ion, what happened?" Eon was panting a little. Ion looked at Eon, "Well, he broke his arm." Eon quickly made his way over to the cat along with Ion. "Looks like we have two options, either we can put these braces on you now or we can go to the vets." Eon ran out of breath. "It's your call."