HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:There's a slight smell of tuna from behind Tara, as Buster calls out "Hey, Ghost Dog, What'd I miss?" playfully. Waving with one paw the other currently occupied holding a half eaten sandwich, as she walks back towards the bookstore from her house.
"Not much," Tara replied. "We had just started the tour when Hazyl started freaking out... And now we seem to have lost Mickey."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay. Where and when do we meet? In her excitement the ferret forgets that she's not supposed to push her thoughts at Martin so they probably hit the half-wolf rather more firmly than she intends.

"May I have a strawberry, please?" she asks of the otter.

Well, Lilly thinks to Miles before launching into a full recount of the situation, sucking her lollipop as she goes. Distracted by talking to the ghost she doesn't have time to register and respond to the otter's question before the two spirits have made themselves known.

"Er, yeah, Mikan. Meet Hubert and Miles. They're ghosts... Of a sort... You okay, Mikan? I know it's a lot to take in." She doesn't bother to explain how she can sense the difference in the make-up of their minds. She doubts the otter would understand or believe her anyway.
"What's happening up there?" she queries, tilting her head up at the rattling shelf.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:
xhunterko wrote:A finger poked the tiny ghost dragon in the stomach.
... to which the otter perceived as the dragon actually having a small hole appearing right in the middle of his (her? they? Who knows?) scaled belly. One of Mikan's eyebrows went up in perplexity, but he decided it was a guardian spirit dragon thing. He still couldn't quite shake the feeling that someone else's there though, right behind the blue serpent...
"That you are," he simply remarked. He began picking up the scattered lollipops and placed them separately inside his bag. His whiskers twitched seeing good candy go to waste.
"You want a lollipop?" he later asked Hubert, opening one at random and popping the sugary substance into his maw, tasting vanilla lavender. "I don't know if spirits can eat it though."
Tiny, clawed paws grabbed the candy. "Hm, I rarely treat myself with mortal food. Advantages of having ascended, but it also brings some nostalgia for the times I sought for delicacies, such as sheep, deers, elephants... Let me try..." and his maw opened, revealing an immense set of sharp teeth!
Hubert's mouth closed onto the lollipop, crunching it completely with that one bite, including the plastic stick. The tiny dragon started munching with a happy expression...before assuming an almost dopey expression. "O dear. This thing is a portent, what is made of? Geee..."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Mikan could smell tuna somewhere, and his mouth watered a little bit more imagining the delicious fruit of the sea. This in turn made the vanilla flavour from the sucker in his maw to intensify due to increased digestion, and he had to swallow the excessive spit in one gulp. He knew what he's going to ask Mama to cook for dinner later~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Er, yeah, Mikan. Meet Hubert and Miles. They're ghosts... Of a sort... You okay, Mikan? I know it's a lot to take in." She doesn't bother to explain how she can sense the difference in the make-up of their minds. She doubts the otter would understand or believe her anyway.
"I'm okay," Mikan answered. So it is true, there are more of them, and if he had to hazard a guess, the initial chill he felt was this Miles. "Hubert's the first ghost I've seen in my whole life, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy." He didn't really question how a blind ferret could have known about the spirits, he just assumed that it's common knowledge in Applegate.

The sound of bookshelves rattling caught his attention, and he immediately looked upwards, expecting to see more ghosts. Instead, he saw the dancing cat from earlier leaping from one to another like a spider. He frowned at the sight, thinking it's not appropriate for the feline to do such a thing in a bookstore. Following her spider-like acrobatics until she finally landed on the bookcase above him, Mikan was a little taken aback seeing the crazed expression on her face. He countered with a sharp glare, looking right into her eyes.
Hlaoroo wrote:"What's happening up there?" she queries, tilting her head up at the rattling shelf.
Without looking away, the otter said, "This calico cat is jumping around on the bookshelves. You know her?"

While being distracted, Mikan initially didn't notice Hubert taking the lollipop still in his hand, and only when a loud crunching sound was heard did he break eye-contact and glanced down. What he saw was not something he would initially expected but making sense when a little though was given into it. The lollipop had disappeared, and the dragon was munching on the confection. He figured that that's how they eat with those sharp teeth. He was surprised however, when Hubert started spacing out while eating, making his appearance more blurry.

"Hubert, you feeling alright there? You're not allergic to lavender are you?" This made him a little worried.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

kurowolfe wrote:The sound of bookshelves rattling caught his attention, and he immediately looked upwards, expecting to see more ghosts. Instead, he saw the dancing cat from earlier leaping from one to another like a spider. He frowned at the sight, thinking it's not appropriate for the feline to do such a thing in a bookstore. Following her spider-like acrobatics until she finally landed on the bookcase above him, Mikan was a little taken aback seeing the crazed expression on her face. He countered with a sharp glare, looking right into her eyes.

Without looking away, the otter said, "This calico cat is jumping around on the bookshelves. You know her?"
Mickey, of course, was more focused on the bag to notice the glares being sent her way. She snaked down the bookshelf and over to the otter. She held out her paw for a shake.

"Name's Mickey."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:While being distracted, Mikan initially didn't notice Hubert taking the lollipop still in his hand, and only when a loud crunching sound was heard did he break eye-contact and glanced down. What he saw was not something he would initially expected but making sense when a little though was given into it. The lollipop had disappeared, and the dragon was munching on the confection. He figured that that's how they eat with those sharp teeth. He was surprised however, when Hubert started spacing out while eating, making his appearance more blurry.
"Hubert, you feeling alright there? You're not allergic to lavender are you?" This made him a little worried.
Hubert leaned forward and took Mikan's nose in his paws. He was still showing that funny smile.One could almost see the bubbles popping around him. "Lavender? Hmm, no! In fact, I remember drinking a lavender tea...what? 3,523 years ago? No, it's this sweetness. What a prodigy! Makes me feel haaaapyyhh...*hips*"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Not much," Tara replied. "We had just started the tour when Hazyl started freaking out... And now we seem to have lost Mickey."
Munching on her sanwich as she came up beside Tara, buster peeked inside the door of the bookstore, then pulled back. "I don't see anything up with Hazyl, but Mickey looks like she's hunting. Wierd. I didn't smell any mice or food before..." she pauses looking down at the tuna sandwich she was holding. "Oh... right. Heh, okay that might be my fault."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon and Ion both made their way down the street and up to Buster and Tara. Both the ferrets bent over to catch their breath as Eon chuckled a little, "Looks like you didn't get very far." Ion was able to catch his breath faster and stood up straight, he then helped his brother back into an upright position. They both looked at the two, "Tour get cancelled for something more interesting?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Not canceled, perhaps postponed," Tara answered. "Mickey seems to have run off, and Hazyl... Are you alright Hazyl?" she thought to ask.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hazyl was shaking, still absolutely terrified that a spider had crawled on her. She looked around nervously, keeping an eye out for any more spiders. The fennec jumped when she heard Tara's question and quickly shook her head no. "I-Is i-i-it g-gone? A-Are there a-any m-more?" Hazyl asked, her eyes wide with fear.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Tara moved towards Hazyl. "Is what gone?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"T-the s-s-spider. P-please t-tell m-me it's g-gone." Hazyl said, sitting down and wrapping her arms around her knees.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Tara looked around. "I don't see any spiders," Tara answered.
The Moon Howler wrote:The half-wolf turned away from the shelf, holding a stack of six books and headed to the owner of the shop. Once he got to her he lifted the books he held "Hello again, miss Nettie! How much for all of those?"
Nettie looked at each of the books. a couple were used, so the price was a bit lower. "That'll be $85."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Mickey wrote:Mickey, of course, was more focused on the bag to notice the glares being sent her way. She snaked down the bookshelf and over to the otter. She held out her paw for a shake.

"Name's Mickey."
Mikan didn't say anything at first, evaluating this Mickey character and deciding whether or not she was possessed. No chills, so it was just her. He quickly discarded of the half-eaten stick from his hand and went on to greet the cat.

"Mik-AGH!"
valerio wrote:Hubert leaned forward and took Mikan's nose in his paws. He was still showing that funny smile.One could almost see the bubbles popping around him. "Lavender? Hmm, no! In fact, I remember drinking a lavender tea...what? 3,523 years ago? No, it's this sweetness. What a prodigy! Makes me feel haaaapyyhh...*hips*"
Before he knew it, he was being handled by his nose by the surprisingly strong Hubert, going muzzle to snout with the dragon. Mikan observed from point blank the loopy look he had and came up with a pretty far-fetched hypothesis.

"Hubert, you get drunk from sugar?" This kinda alarmed the otter, thinking he had just incapacitated a ghost with lollipops, making him appear even more blurry. He quickly went for his bag and pulled out a bottled water. He pried away one little hand on his nose (with difficulty, he might add!) and gingerly placed the bottle into the hand.

"Here, drink this," he instructed. He also began to pet the dragon on the head... for reasons unknown. Maybe it's because despite the drunken stupor he was in now, Mikan couldn't deny how cute he looked.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Nyet!" Miles said, then he took off one of his candy bracelets and tossed it towards Mikan and Hubert.

"You know Hub, if you were THAT desperate you could've asked, heh," Miles said, "That's from the finest Sparkton sugar makers. Might bring him back to his senses."

Interesting. I'll have to tell the idiot your blind and can't understand images even though it's patently obvious. But otherwise, I THINK he means well. You are just beginning to understand what you can do and could probably need guidance, which he has offered freely. I suggest you take it. Cause like it or not, you WILL grow stronger, eventually, and get curious, and get yourself in a situation you can't get out of. With a sensai you'll be able to grow carefully, and gradually. And should you make a mistake and attract stronger powers, the sensai may be able to take care of you in that regard. That is my advice, such as it is. Miles thought to Lily.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert bent his head forward and ogled with one eye at the water. "What kind of poishon is this?" he smelled the liquid then made a face. "Water, pfeh pfeh! Any civilized mortal woul' offer me some tea at least. But I was feeling a little thirsty anyway." He didn't gulp down. He again opened his maws and swallowed the bottle whole! A moment later, his whole body started turning of a lighter hue of blue and its contours becoming more defined while the water filled him. "Hm, better." And in saying it, water bubbles popped out his nose. "Sorry."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

kurowolfe wrote: Mikan didn't say anything at first, evaluating this Mickey character and deciding whether or not she was possessed. No chills, so it was just her. He quickly discarded of the half-eaten stick from his hand and went on to greet the cat.

"Mik-AGH!"
valerio wrote:Hubert leaned forward and took Mikan's nose in his paws. He was still showing that funny smile.One could almost see the bubbles popping around him. "Lavender? Hmm, no! In fact, I remember drinking a lavender tea...what? 3,523 years ago? No, it's this sweetness. What a prodigy! Makes me feel haaaapyyhh...*hips*"
Before he knew it, he was being handled by his nose by the surprisingly strong Hubert, going muzzle to snout with the dragon. Mikan observed from point blank the loopy look he had and came up with a pretty far-fetched hypothesis.

"Hubert, you get drunk from sugar?" This kinda alarmed the otter, thinking he had just incapacitated a ghost with lollipops, making him appear even more blurry. He quickly went for his bag and pulled out a bottled water. He pried away one little hand on his nose (with difficulty, he might add!) and gingerly placed the bottle into the hand.

"Here, drink this," he instructed. He also began to pet the dragon on the head... for reasons unknown. Maybe it's because despite the drunken stupor he was in now, Mikan couldn't deny how cute he looked.
Mickey watched the interactions, smiling but still looking at the bag Mikan. Being a farm cat, everything was usually there and you could take it because everyone knew you within the town, so stealing some sweets was the first thought. But she remembered that she wasn't in Nashville anymore and not everyone knew her, so she cleared her throat.

"Ah couldn't help but notice ya had some sweets in yer bag there. Ya wouldn't be willing to share, would-"

"Mickey J. Strawters! You step away from that critter right now, young lady!"

"...Ya?"

Mickeys ears fell as Rosette walked through the door. She walked up to Mickey.

"H-How did ya know where ah was?"

"Installed one of them tracking devices in yer collar."

Mickey gave her an annoyed look, which turned into distressed cat noises when Rosette snatched up her ear.

"Yer late fer lunch!"

Mickey yelped as Rosette dragged her out of the store.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: Ray mounts the stairs after the small dog but pauses as she mentions other reasons for the meeting.
"Er... If there's other reasons for this meeting... Are you sure you want me here? I mean, if it's personal I'm happy to wait outside or go elsewhere. I don't want to intrude..."
"one of the big reasons?" Serenade asked nervously , but practically talking to herself consider how quiet her question was . When Ray said that he would probably stay outside , the vixen couldn't help but give the cat , and then Duke , a sort of nervous look . Even though she knew that Rena wouldn't do anything drastic around here , most likely anyway , it's......still better , to have more people around , it would make the fox feel safer at least.
Rena continues up the stairs, fishing around in her collar. "It's hardly personal. Ah just want to ask a few things and get these two out of the crowd. If they're feelin' like ah am, they're prob'ly uncomfortable in a crowd like that." She pauses at the top of the stairs, picking through a few keys on a keyring. "Ah mean, if Duke wants to have it be done in private, I'll take him back to the room ah sleep in while you and Serenade talk." She looks down the stairs at the fox in question. "It was Serenade, right?"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Hubert bent his head forward and ogled with one eye at the water. "What kind of poishon is this?" he smelled the liquid then made a face. "Water, pfeh pfeh! Any civilized mortal woul' offer me some tea at least. But I was feeling a little thirsty anyway." He didn't gulp down. He again opened his maws and swallowed the bottle whole! A moment later, his whole body started turning of a lighter hue of blue and its contours becoming more defined while the water filled him. "Hm, better." And in saying it, water bubbles popped out his nose. "Sorry."
Mikan immediately withdrew his hand as the dragon swallowed the bottle whole. He really don't want to have another scar from those razors the dragon have for teeth! He was relieved that Hubert seemed to regain some of his faculties after that, heaving a sigh. He should have known better to offer things to ghosts without checking out the possible side effects. Mama and Papa made these lollipops to be animal-friendly regardless of their flavours, but it seemed ghosts are not covered in that safety policy.

"No problem," Mikan said, ruffling Hubert's head crest again.
xhunterko wrote:"Nyet!" Miles said, then he took off one of his candy bracelets and tossed it towards Mikan and Hubert.

"You know Hub, if you were THAT desperate you could've asked, heh," Miles said, "That's from the finest Sparkton sugar makers. Might bring him back to his senses."
The otter jumped a little feeling something hit his foot. He looked down and saw a colourful bracelet. He didn't remember seeing anyone else wearing it, so it must have been from the other ghost. He was beginning to feel irritated at himself for not being able to interact with Miles at all, but he understood the intention for this unorthodox jewelry. He picked it up and slipped it around Hubert's left hand onto his wrist.
Mickey wrote:Mickey watched the interactions, smiling but still looking at the bag Mikan. Being a farm cat, everything was usually there and you could take it because everyone knew you within the town, so stealing some sweets was the first thought. But she remembered that she wasn't in Nashville anymore and not everyone knew her, so she cleared her throat.

"Ah couldn't help but notice ya had some sweets in yer bag there. Ya wouldn't be willing to share, would-"
Oh right, the calico! Mikan turned his head to face the shorter feline and was also about to say "Okay, sure." when...
Mickey wrote: "Mickey J. Strawters! You step away from that critter right now, young lady!"

"...Ya?"

Mickeys ears fell as Rosette walked through the door. She walked up to Mickey.

"H-How did ya know where ah was?"

"Installed one of them tracking devices in yer collar."

Mickey gave her an annoyed look, which turned into distressed cat noises when Rosette snatched up her ear.

"Yer late fer lunch!"

Mickey yelped as Rosette dragged her out of the store.
... a human came in and literally dragged Mickey by the ear. Mikan cringed at the sight and at the thought that the lady had installed a tracking device on her pet. He was glad his parents were not that overbearing! Is that even normal though? He was always against microchipping pets, because to him it made them more like possessions rather than individuals with free will. Maybe it's the norm here after all?

valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:... a human came in and literally dragged Mickey by the ear. Mikan cringed at the sight and at the thought that the lady had installed a tracking device on her pet. He was glad his parents were not that overbearing! Is that even normal though? He was always against microchipping pets, because to him it made them more like possessions rather than individuals with free will. Maybe it's the norm here after all?
Hubert's mouth bent in a malicious smile. "You know, I could do something to stop such abuse, if you want me to. Nothing that would hurt anyone of course..."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Mikan felt another chill run down his back, but this time, the reason was not supernatural. Or maybe it was. It was Hubert living up to his name as a ghost.

"No," he curtly said. "You're still sobering up. You're not fit to do anything yet."

valerio

Post by valerio »

The tiny dragon made a raspberry. "Killjoy! Sometimes you pets are more jaded than humans."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Buster just cringed as Mickey and her apparent owner passed by, ears flattening back. "That hurts just looking at it."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both the ferrets cringed too, "Yeah." Eon looked at Ion, both glad that they were given some more freedom and respect. They both stood there for a moment looking at Mickey getting taken away. Eon looked at Buster, "Heh, I don't think we've ever gotten your name." Trying hard to divert the mood form what just happened.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Leafolawl wrote:=
Rena continues up the stairs, fishing around in her collar. "It's hardly personal. Ah just want to ask a few things and get these two out of the crowd. If they're feelin' like ah am, they're prob'ly uncomfortable in a crowd like that." She pauses at the top of the stairs, picking through a few keys on a keyring. "Ah mean, if Duke wants to have it be done in private, I'll take him back to the room ah sleep in while you and Serenade talk." She looks down the stairs at the fox in question. "It was Serenade, right?"
"Oh , er, y-yes , yes I am" Serenade answered , following Rena , but still keeping her distance
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:Buster just cringed as Mickey and her apparent owner passed by, ears flattening back. "That hurts just looking at it."
"Well as a former stray, I felt the same looking at any pet," Tara chimed in. "But yeah, that looked pretty bad."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:The tiny dragon made a raspberry. "Killjoy! Sometimes you pets are more jaded than humans."
"Sure," was the only response from Mikan. He bent down and picked up the diminutive dragon into his cradling arms. "Now you just rest and recover, okay?"

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Oh, Right. Yeah I guess we did skip over that with all the running around. I'm Buster." She answered Eon, before adding "So, you were saying something about a tour?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:"Sure," was the only response from Mikan. He bent down and picked up the diminutive dragon into his cradling arms. "Now you just rest and recover, okay?"
Hubert purred contentedly. Hmm, Janus and buns will like you, you know."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:"Oh, Right. Yeah I guess we did skip over that with all the running around. I'm Buster." She answered Eon, before adding "So, you were saying something about a tour?"
"Well, Mickey was supposed to be on it, but I guess we can go ahead without her," Tara said. "As soon as Hazyl collects herself."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"S-sorry. I'm just terrified of spiders." Hazyl said, calming down slightly.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Calico? I'm afraid I'm gonna need more than that. Coat colours don't mean much to me. Ah, it's Mickey. Couldn't mistake that accent." Lilly says, sucking her lollipop contentedly. She surmises shortly thereafter that Mickey has been dragged off by her owner but decides not to comment, reasoning that some things are best kept out of. Instead she turns her attention to the otter and the dragon. She can sense the jumbled thoughts from the dragon and can tell he's not of his right mind, a fact soon confirmed by Mikan's response. She senses the otter's frustration and in typical ferret fashion blurts out some advice before her mind can warn her not to.
"Don't force it, Mikan. You'll see them better if you don't try. Uh, I mean..." she stutters as her thoughts catch up with her mouth. "Is that you purring, Hubert? I didn't know dragons could do that... May I?" she reaches a paw in the direction from which she can sense the purring, intending to pat and palpate the dragon, this also being a novel experience for her.

As she waits for the dragon's and Martin's responses she turns her thoughts back to Miles' comments.
Sen- what now? she queries, not speaking a word of Japanese. Thanks, Miles. I think I understand what you're saying. Just be careful when you talk to Martin though. I'm still not sure how stable he is... You really think he'll be a good teacher? Could you help teach me too? You seem to know all about this stuff... Also, why can't Mikan seem to sense you? Are you hiding from him?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Hubert purred contentedly. Hmm, Janus and buns will like you, you know."
Mikan hmm'ed in a non-committed manner. So, dragons purr. Will have to keep that in mind the next time he sees them.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Calico? I'm afraid I'm gonna need more than that. Coat colours don't mean much to me. Ah, it's Mickey. Couldn't mistake that accent." Lilly says, sucking her lollipop contentedly. She surmises shortly thereafter that Mickey has been dragged off by her owner but decides not to comment, reasoning that some things are best kept out of.
"Oh." Again with the mistake. Mikan mentally flogged himself for forgetting that she couldn't discern sight-related descriptions.
Hlaoroo wrote:Instead she turns her attention to the otter and the dragon. She can sense the jumbled thoughts from the dragon and can tell he's not of his right mind, a fact soon confirmed by Mikan's response. She senses the otter's frustration and in typical ferret fashion blurts out some advice before her mind can warn her not to.
"Don't force it, Mikan. You'll see them better if you don't try. Uh, I mean..." she stutters as her thoughts catch up with her mouth. "Is that you purring, Hubert? I didn't know dragons could do that... May I?" she reaches a paw in the direction from which she can sense the purring, intending to pat and palpate the dragon, this also being a novel experience for her.
Keeping in mind the ferret's blindness, Mikan answered her succinctly this time.

"Me neither." He wondered for a bit whether Hubert would mind being petted like that, seeing how dignified his character is. But the dragon had let him cradle him, right? It should be okay.

Hence, Mikan moved closer in front of Lilly. "I'm in front of you, I'm cradling him in my arms. Be gentle though."

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

hypernovatic wrote:"S-sorry. I'm just terrified of spiders." Hazyl said, calming down slightly.
"wha- Really? How? they're really neat looking up close..." Buster asks confused, Her mind switching into 'project mode' again, wondering if maybe there was a way she could help with that.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sensai: Teacher, Master, or Friend. Depending on the relationship between the student and the trainer. I think he'll be fine. He seems rather skilled as it is and gave you a classic first test. Though I think he may be a bit harsh at times, and you won't like it but it will probably be necessary especially how dangerous this thing can get. A good master doesn't shy away from the difficult. And a good student knows well enough to trust that their master knows what they're doing. And remember all those master/student books. Don't be a bad student. Ask questions. Lots. But yeah, I hardly know anything, but I'll do what I can to help. I'm sure there's more than one situation where a live ghost will come in handy. And Milkan wasn't able to see me cause I wasn't visible yet. I am now. Miles thought to Lily.

Tappity tap. Miles thought to Martin.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Calico? I'm afraid I'm gonna need more than that. Coat colours don't mean much to me. Ah, it's Mickey. Couldn't mistake that accent." Lilly says, sucking her lollipop contentedly. She surmises shortly thereafter that Mickey has been dragged off by her owner but decides not to comment, reasoning that some things are best kept out of. Instead she turns her attention to the otter and the dragon. She can sense the jumbled thoughts from the dragon and can tell he's not of his right mind, a fact soon confirmed by Mikan's response. She senses the otter's frustration and in typical ferret fashion blurts out some advice before her mind can warn her not to.
In response to that touch, Hubert's paws started contracting and flexing with plesaure. "Hmm-errmm--That is the spot, mortal. Please do not stop. And...do you have another of those sweet marvels? What's their names?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Eon looked at Ion and nodded, he walked over next to Hazyl and sat down next to her, "There's no need to be sorry, arachnophobia is a real thing that a lot suffer from, otherwise it wouldn't have a name." He smiled at her, "So do both you and Lydia or um, Hazyl..." He lost track of who's voice was who's for her. "Sorry, I can't keep track of you two, but do you both have this fear?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey pushed against Rosette, eventually pulling her ear lose. Rosette turned to the embarrassed kitten.

"How could ya do that? Embarrass me in front of them!"

"You know Ah don't like when Ah ring the dinner bell and you don't show up."

"What dinner bell, Ma?! We don't live on a farm anymore!"

"It was a metaphor! When yer supposed to be home at a certain time, yer either supposed by there early or on the dot. Any later and someone is either coming to get'cha or when do come home, you eat on the floor! You know that."

"Ma, Ah'm not a helpless kit anymore! You of all people know that Ah can pull down a bull nearly three times mah size!"

"You are a kitten and you of all people know that that bull was old and sick!"

"Just like the ground mah ma and pop were standing on?"

Rosette took a step back. Mickey was clearly getting angry, but Rosette wasn't about to brought down by a feline half her height.

"Now, don't you bring Marceline and Ozzy into this!"

"Why not, huh? Ah'm the one who watched them fall, not you. Ah was the one who was forced to deal with it at an unfit age. Ah'm the one who can't cope with anything correctly! AH'M THE ONE WHO ALWAYS HEARS THESE VOICES AND SEES THESE DARN SHADOWS!"

Mickey was breathing heavily through her teeth as tears streamed from her narrowed eyes. Rosette stared down at the cat, a little surprised at the outburst. She walked closer to Mickey and snatched her into a hug. The cat hugged back hard, sniffling and wiping her tears.

"Now, now, sugarcube. You know I didn't mean it that way. If you really wanna stay here with your friends, you can. Ah'll bring you your lunch, ok honey?"

"O..," Mickey hiccuped, "Ok."

Rosette pulled back and kissed Mickey's nose, before lightly pushing the cat back inside. Mickey walked back in, passed everyone, climbed the the bookshelf she deemed the farthest away from the others, and sat down in the corner on top of the bookshelf. She huddled as close to herself as possible, plugging earbuds into a iPod MP3. She stuck them in her ears and lowered them.
Last edited by Mickey on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Oh, maybe she can still take the tour after all," Tara said to the others before walking towards Mickey.

she was just going to ask if she still wanted to join them, but then she noticed that Mickey didn't seem too happy.

"Are you alright, Mickey?" she asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:=
"Oh , er, y-yes , yes I am" Serenade answered , following Rena , but still keeping her distance
"Nah ,it's ok" Duke said , giving Serenade a gently paw squeeze and a reassuring smile "I'm OK with us discussing things together"
Serenade , in turn , smiled back , with a little blush . Thanks to that little gesture from the other fox , she felt safe again .