HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Marine Fox

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke looked around not seeing any thing that could be used to sweep dust and dirt but after a second he remembered he saw something odd in the food closet that might be good. He got up walked over to it
"I think there may be something that can help"
He opened the door and looked around for a second before finding the "Broom". He picked it up in curiosity and inspected it as he walked back, he showed the others
"I think the humans used this to clean, but i'm not one hundred percent sure."
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Thanks. We'll be back then," Buster said
As they left the tailor shop, Janus said, "Well, now I feel like visiting the others! We still haven't seen anyone of our friends, and I find it only right that everyone knows that we're the best couple *ever*" he started walking swaying his hips and puffing out his chest, tail proudly all lifted up.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

As the channels were switched on him, Miles changed his face appropriately. Using his 'special effects' skill set, he matched his body to the size of the vase, so that he appeared 'in' the vase.

Told ya I could do 'special effects'
. He thought to the pets. Changing so that nothing but his head could be seen in a cheshire cat grin.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Marine Fox wrote:Duke looked around not seeing any thing that could be used to sweep dust and dirt but after a second he remembered he saw something odd in the food closet that might be good. He got up walked over to it
"I think there may be something that can help"
He opened the door and looked around for a second before finding the "Broom". He picked it up in curiosity and inspected it as he walked back, he showed the others
"I think the humans used this to clean, but i'm not one hundred percent sure."
"oh ya , that's the one , a bit old , but I guess we can still use it , you use the big end to sweep the dust away" Serenade said , pretending like she's holding the broom
Keon

Post by Keon »

serence ice fox wrote:"oh ! k-keon !" Serenade exclaimed , quickly stood up and step back a few step away from Duke , surprised by the cat's sudden appearance , after all that emotional break down , she kinda forgot they were not alone "how long have you--I mean , nevermind , erm....I guess we could find something so sweep the dust off around here for a start ....."
He looked at the place, he wasn't really hearing, was kinda distracted by the rest of the house, but he was thinking that they had some sort of personal conversation.

"Nope, didn't heard a thing, except this last part about cleaning here."

He looked around and saw that Duke found a broom. He walked to the same closet, searching for something to help.

"Uh... How can I help here? I can't find another of these." He said as he continued to searched for some thing.
Last edited by Keon on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keon wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:"oh ! k-keon !" Serenade exclaimed , quickly stood up and step back a few step away from Duke , surprised by the cat's sudden appearance , after all that emotional break down , she kinda forgot they were not alone "how long have you--I mean , nevermind , erm....I guess we could find something so sweep the dust off around here for a start ....."
He looked at the place, he wasn't really hearing, was kinda distracted by the rest of the house, but he was thinking that they had some sort of personal conversation.

He looked around and saw that Duke found a broom. He walked to the same closet, searching for something to help.

"Uh... How can I help here? I can't find another of these." He said as he continued to searched for some thing.
"yah it make sense that there's not much left in here , but you guys can have the broom I guess , I can work with...errr...something else , let just say that "
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:"oh ya , that's the one , a bit old , but I guess we can still use it , you use the big end to sweep the dust away" Serenade said , pretending like she's holding the broom
Duke inspected the larger, dirtier and bad smelling part of the broom and then following Serenades instructions he swept the big part across the ground seeing some dust and dirt get pushed along.
Keon wrote: He looked at the place, he wasn't really hearing, was kinda distracted by the rest of the house, but he was thinking that they had some sort of personal conversation.

He looked around and saw that Marine found a broom. He walked to the same closet, searching for something to help.

Duke looked over at Keon, glad he hadn't had intruded or eavesdropped on what they were talking about.
"If you want you can pick up some of the big stuff like pieces of wood, glass and anything big that's trash. There should be a trash can outside to dump it in.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Thanks. We'll be back then," Buster said
As they left the tailor shop, Janus said, "Well, now I feel like visiting the others! We still haven't seen anyone of our friends, and I find it only right that everyone knows that we're the best couple *ever*" he started walking swaying his hips and puffing out his chest, tail proudly all lifted up.
"Should we have Hubert tell them? he'd know where to find them better than we do."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"ok then , you guys take care of things down here , I'll go give upstairs a look , call me if you need anything alright?" And with that , Serenade quickly go up , check out the rooms , and , when she's made sure that the guys were not following her , chose a room and start using her tail as a giant broom .
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Should we have Hubert tell them? he'd know where to find them better than we do."
"We could start with your own ghost friend, Tara, right?" I thought she was hovering with us."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I am now," Tara said, appearing in front of Buster, causing the Rabbit to jump into Janus' arms as Scooby into Shaggy's as he screamed "GAH!"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus nuzzled against the rabbit. "Hmm, we should do this more often. Hub can appear really scary if he works on it, you know?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster blushed a little. "D-don't sneak up on me like that, Tara." he said.

"Sorry, I can't make any promises," she replied. "So why did you want me?"

"Well we... Jany, you can put me down now," he said before continuing.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Aw," Janus pouted, but he obeyed.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"thanks," he said as he straightened his fur. "We wanted to talk to the others, but we don't know where they are right now. We figured you'd probably know where we could find them."

"well, Duke is with a new fox and a new pet in a cabin in the woods. Gage actually had to leave suddenly, I think he said something about his owners moving again. I'm not sure where Miles or Rena are, but I can ask him I guess."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus made a truly sad face hearing that. "Aw, Gage had to move? B-but he didn't even leave a message, and I didn't give him his picture!"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

While Duke and Keon busy dusting down below , Serenade was dusting upstairs , there were only 2 rooms , one in the front of the house and one in the back , each with a big window , and that's about it , whoever lived here really didn't left much behind , except for 2 really big bookcase in the room that took the front of the house , might've been a reading room of some sort .
The fox kept on sweeping with her tail , humming a song that nobody but her can make out of , until she was startled by a voice , a really familiar , yet unwanted voice , echoed in her mind
◊Having fun now are we?◊
"*gasp*....."
◊come on , nothing to say ? no "please leave me alone" ?◊
"It's....it's not night time yet , how can y-you"
◊*chuckle* scary , isn't it , the thought that you might be losing faster than you can ever imagine, that it might be too late for your futile struggle , even though we both know that's the only way it can go....◊ The voice said , teasing Serenade , at the same time , a mind-shattering pain entered her head and the wound in her left arm , forcing the fox to her knees
"no....you can't fool me , I still have more than half the-argh--time , that's not the reason , it can't be"
◊still a little stubborn mortal like always , I like that , and for being such a nice host , I guess I'll tell you the true reason then : there's a greater spirit here◊
"greater--no ! no...."
◊yes , the sheer presence of whoever that is , and your oh so lovely romance at first sight that broke your mental barrier , is more than enough for me to do this in broad daylight ,and I think you know how they feel about an oathbreaker◊
"it doesn't matter ! I'll finish this alone , no one will know , and if I fail , it still doesn't matter"
◊hahahaha , yes , keep telling yourself that mortal , you can't hide this forever , and we'll see if it matters when you being banish by that spirit , while that fox becomes another of your victims◊
"Duke ?!?! NO !" Serenade screamed in her mind , unknowingly swept her tail across the floor , hitting and smashed a corner of the bookcase behind her .
Unable to react in time , the fox can only let out a big yelp in the middle of the loud noise of the bookcase fell down on her, though Serenade managed to moved away a bit , the heavy pile of books and wood still got her lower half trapped under them
◊You slipped up , mortal , and now I know your weakness◊ the voice said , appeared as the fox from earlier , looking down on Serenade , who's lying on her stomach
"don't you touch him , I sw-swear...."
◊better ready for round 2 my dear ,but for now I'll leave you with your romeo◊
and with that the red-eyed fox vanished , leaving Serenade under the bookcase , breathing heavily from the weight and the pain which just left
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keon

Post by Keon »

He tilted his head as he looked at what Duke said.

"Uh... I don't know if you n-noticed but... I'm not the "muscular type"... S-... Oh wait... I'm not supposed to say sorry when there is no need for it. C-cah I have the broom? @_@"

Then he shook his head and scritched it as Serenade went upstairs.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keon wrote:He tilted his head as he looked at what Duke said.

"Uh... I don't know if you n-noticed but... I'm not the "muscular type"... S-... Oh wait... I'm not supposed to say sorry when there is no need for it. C-cah I have the broom? @_@"

Then he shook his head and scritched it as Serenade went upstairs.
Duke smiled and let out a slight chuckle as he handed Keon the broom.
"It's alright, he-"

He was cut off by a loud thud and a yelp from upstairs, Duke let Keon have the broom as he rushed upstairs not sure what had happened. He followed the heavy breathing to the room where he saw the fallen bookcase and Serenade beneath it he quickly ran over and lifted the bookshelf off of Serenade and also struggled to push it off to the side with a slight bang. He immediately turned back to Serenade and kneeled down and started pulling books off of her while also frantically checking for cuts and broken bones, trying to help her sit up as well.
"Are you ok?! What Happened!?! Do you feel any broken bones or cuts?"
Keon

Post by Keon »

Also listening to the fox fall, he ran too see her, finding Serenade under the bookcase, with Duke lifting it, but Keon arrived a little later because he wasn't even nearly too fast as him.

"S-SERENADE! Y-you are ok?!"

He tried to help Duke with the bookcase.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: Duke smiled and let out a slight chuckle as he handed Keon the broom.
"It's alright, he-"

He was cut off by a loud thud and a yelp from upstairs, Duke let Keon have the broom as he rushed upstairs not sure what had happened. He followed the heavy breathing to the room where he saw the fallen bookcase and Serenade beneath it he quickly ran over and lifted the bookshelf off of Serenade and also struggled to push it off to the side with a slight bang. He immediately turned back to Serenade and kneeled down and started pulling books off of her while also frantically checking for cuts and broken bones, trying to help her sit up as well.
"Are you ok?! What Happened!?! Do you feel any broken bones or cuts?"
"aarrgh....yeah....I'm ok , thank you , I just a bit clumsy and made the bookshelf fall over , that's all " Serenade smiled , sitting up with Duke's help , feeling her entire lower half hurting , especially around the waist , but the fox just telling herself it's just a normal thing , after all it WAS a heavy shelf , not to mention the books
Keon wrote:Also listening to the fox fall, he ran too see her, finding Serenade under the bookcase, with Duke lifting it, but Keon arrived a little later because he wasn't even nearly too fast as him.

"S-SERENADE! Y-you are ok?!"

He tried to help Duke with the bookcase.
"yes , hehehe urrggghhh, don't worry about it , things like this happened to me all the time , don't think anything's broken though , or any cut at all , so pretty sure I can stand up jus--ACK!" she was cut off by the sudden pain shot up from the waist in an attempt to stand up , making her sit back down , actually she dropped down , her left paw held her right waist while the right paw support her so that she wouldn't completely floored
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

musclecar326 wrote:
CrystallineWolf wrote:Arianna took a little time to admire the interior- which was quite nice- before heading to the sofa to sit, as she always used to do back on the farm, on the end- where the armrest was there for her napping pleasure. More out of habit than anything else, since the current situation required full attention.

It was at this point- which luckily, she no longer really feared Miles- that Arianna decided there was no point in resisting the wonder of being in the presence of a ghost.

"Your sitting room is much more....nicer than what's back at home." For a moment Arianna wasn't sure if she was referring to the ashes of her old home in England, or the new house in Applegate. But then she realized the compliement could be applied to both.
Mason followed her into the living room, hopping onto the couch. Then after noticing Miles in the TV, he got a mischievous grin. He grabbed the remote and turned the TV on to the news. Snrk! Mason giggled as Miles' head was now right where the reporter's was. *giggle* Anyone wanna watch something else? He asked them, upon switching the channel to a reality show where this time miles' head was above a vase.
xhunterko wrote:As the channels were switched on him, Miles changed his face appropriately. Using his 'special effects' skill set, he matched his body to the size of the vase, so that he appeared 'in' the vase.

. He thought to the pets. Changing so that nothing but his head could be seen in a cheshire cat grin.
Christopher nodded as he sat on the couch as well.
"I'm glad you like it, Arianna." he said, an uneasy feeling threatening to bring back the panic in him. Mason's comment didn't ease his mind at all, nor it distracted him, which was a bad sign. The GSD half-heartedly nodded to the big dog and then to the ghost, thinking of a way to focus his thoughts away from his brother for a second.
"Say, Arianna." he said "Where did you live before you came here?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:"yes , hehehe urrggghhh, don't worry about it , things like this happened to me all the time , don't think anything's broken though , or any cut at all , so pretty sure I can stand up jus--ACK!" she was cut off by the sudden pain shot up from the waist in an attempt to stand up , making her sit back down , actually she dropped down , her left paw held her right waist while the right paw support her so that she wouldn't completely floored
When Serenade tried to get up Duke tried to keep her supported but as she dropped down he got worried that something was very wrong. And when she held her side and supported herself Duke did his best and tried to support her trying to shift her weight to him.
"Careful don't strain too hard. I don't think you're in the condition to move right now"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus made a truly sad face hearing that. "Aw, Gage had to move? B-but he didn't even leave a message, and I didn't give him his picture!"
"Well, he hasn't left, yet. I'm sure he'll say his goodbyes right before leaving, and I doubt he'd leave without his painting." Tara said.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus lit up immediately, like a pup immediately forgetting the earlier pain.
"Then shall we go? We'll go visit Rena, later. I wanna see if there are some interesting books in her shop. Oh, and then we have to set up for tonight--" he immediately shut up.
CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

The Moon Howler wrote:
xhunterko wrote:As the channels were switched on him, Miles changed his face appropriately. Using his 'special effects' skill set, he matched his body to the size of the vase, so that he appeared 'in' the vase.

Christopher nodded as he sat on the couch as well.
"I'm glad you like it, Arianna." he said, an uneasy feeling threatening to bring back the panic in him. Mason's comment didn't ease his mind at all, nor it distracted him, which was a bad sign. The GSD half-heartedly nodded to the big dog and then to the ghost, thinking of a way to focus his thoughts away from his brother for a second.
"Say, Arianna." he said "Where did you live before you came here?"
Mile's little trick was funny, causing a smile to appear on Arianna's snout. Said smile promptly dissolved when Chris popped his question. "I used to live on a farm, in England, bit of a ways off from London. Me and my mates were shepherders- although occasionally we'd be called up to bring in a loose cow." She sighed. " It all got burned down by some deranged madman. What stood around for more than a donkey's age was nothing but ash in less than two hours. Ans the worst part is that I should've seen it coming." The last few words were uttered ruefully, with a bit of self hate.
Last edited by CrystallineWolf on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
Keon

Post by Keon »

Keon also got worried by what happened to Serenade, especially when he heard the "ACK" and she fell.

"S-Serenade! L-let me help you... S-should I call a vet?"

He said as he got near her and tried to help Duke with her, going to the other side.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: When Serenade tried to get up Duke tried to keep her supported but as she dropped down he got worried that something was very wrong. And when she held her side and supported herself Duke did his best and tried to support her trying to shift her weight to him.
"Careful don't strain too hard. I don't think you're in the condition to move right now"
"I'm ok Duke , don't worry, maybe it's just a--ack-bruise or something" Serenade tried to assure her friends , now that she had someone to shift her body weight on , the pain subsided a bit , but the more she tried to move , the more painful it get
Keon wrote:Keon also got worried by what happened to Serenade, especially when he heard the "ACK" and she fell.

He said as he got near her and tried to help Duke with her, going to the other side.
"no please" The fox shook her head with her ears fell down again ,there was a bit of shock and fright in her voice "Don't call anyone , I'm ok, it will pass in a bit"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keon wrote:Keon also got worried by what happened to Serenade, especially when he heard the "ACK" and she fell.

Duke looked at Keon then glanced at Serenade as he said this, debating whether it would be the best move to take her to a human for help. Seeing how they reacted to ferals usually he wouldn't want to go either but if she really was hurt bad there would be no other choice. And then when she tried to comfort him with the explanation of a bruise he was still skeptical, sure that a bruise couldn't cause something like this right? Duke still pondered whether to take her to a human and her reaction didn't help make the choice easier. He thought for a second before looking at Keon.
"Keon can you go downstairs and look for a resting place, I think I've heard the humans call their resting places couches and chairs. Or even a bed."
Then he looked at Serenade
"We'll get you to a spot to rest but if this gets any worse we may need to take you to a human for help"
He tried to sound reassuring but a slight hint of ease and fear still stuck with it.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote:[ Duke still pondered whether to take her to a human and her reaction didn't help make the choice easier. He thought for a second before looking at Keon.
"Keon can you go downstairs and look for a resting place, I think I've heard the humans call their resting places couches and chairs. Or even a bed."
Then he looked at Serenade
"We'll get you to a spot to rest but if this gets any worse we may need to take you to a human for help"
He tried to sound reassuring but a slight hint of ease and fear still stuck with it.
" guys . please don't , I'm fine , honest !" Serenade said , tried her best to oppose the idea of going anywhere near human , let alone let one of them do anything to her , lying down when her friends were around wouldn't be that much better either , since the cloak won't be able to hide whatever it is the fox's been hiding under there "It's just a little accident , just leave me sitting here for a bit , it'll pass , if the humans come they might see m--" then she just stopped , due to another shot of pain , seconds before she slipped up something she'll most likely regret later , so at least there's that

Outside , the rain's finally stopped , and the sky's clear once again
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus lit up immediately, like a pup immediately forgetting the earlier pain.
"Then shall we go? We'll go visit Rena, later. I wanna see if there are some interesting books in her shop. Oh, and then we have to set up for tonight--" he immediately shut up.
"Oh? and what's tonight, luv?" Tara asked, curious.
"A celebration of Janus's first night awake in a while," Buster answered. "we should probably invite the newcomers Duke is with, too, if you don't mind, Jany."

Tara giggled at the nickname.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"We-ell, why not? We *are* supposed to show off our dancing skills. And don't forget that we *must* be at my home for the afternoon, for...tnat special dance prep I mentioned, Bun-bun." Janus flashed him a grin. "And keep using that pet name, I like it."
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

CrystallineWolf wrote:Mile's little trick was funny, causing a smile to appear on Arianna's snout. Said smile promptly dissolved when Chris popped his question. "I used to live on a farm, in England, bit of a ways off from London. Me and my mates were shepherders- although occasionally we'd be called up to bring in a loose cow." She sighed. " It all got burned down by some deranged madman. What stood around for more than a donkey's age was nothing but ash in less than two hours. Ans the worst part is that I should've seen it coming." The last few words were uttered ruefully, with a bit of self hate.
"Wrong move!" Chris scolded himself mentally. Instead of distracting himself, he managed to make Arianna sad as well. He honestly thought that he was an idiot at this point.
"I... I... I'm sorry, Arianna..." he said embarrassed, his ears falling down "I didn't mean to remind of of painful memories. Sorry."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Keon

Post by Keon »

He nodded and ran downstairs as fast as he could, trying to find a spot for her to lay, finding an old couch there, taking the dust off and getting it in place.

"I guess we need to call someone but... Ok..."

He listened to something up there but ignored since they two were talking privately before. He kept getting some things in place, kinda worried about her. He knew that there was something wrong happening, but he still didn't knew what.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:" guys . please don't , I'm fine , honest !" Serenade said , tried her best to oppose the idea of going anywhere near human , let alone let one of them do anything to her , lying down when her friends were around wouldn't be that much better either , since the cloak won't be able to hide whatever it is the fox's been hiding under there "It's just a little accident , just leave me sitting here for a bit , it'll pass , if the humans come they might see m--" then she just stopped , due to another shot of pain , seconds before she slipped up something she'll most likely regret later , so at least there's that

Outside , the rain's finally stopped , and the sky's clear once again

After Keon left Duke looked down at Serenade, giving a little smile
"And what kind of fox would I be if I just let you sit up here with an injury..."
Duke caught when she stopped from the pain, he needed to get her somewhere better than a hard floor and when he heard the noise downstairs he knew Keon had found something hopefully.
"C'mon we'll get you somewhere more comfortable than a floor"
Trying to be as careful and quickly as possible he removed a few more fallen books and then scooped Serenade up but as he did her tail showed from under the cloak Duke looked at it in somewhat of curiosity and amazement having seen no animal with a tail like this, though he quickly looked away and stayed quiet trying not to look like he was staring.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote:After Keon left Duke looked down at Serenade, giving a little smile
"And what kind of fox would I be if I just let you sit up here with an injury..."
"Duke I know , but...well....it-it's not--
Marine Fox wrote:when he heard the noise downstairs he knew Keon had found something hopefully.
"C'mon we'll get you somewhere more comfortable than a floor"
Trying to be as careful and quickly as possible he removed a few more fallen books and then scooped Serenade up
"*gasp* NO DUKE ! PLEASE DON'T-" Serende tried to stopped Duke , but it was too late, her mind went haywire , not knowing what to say anymore when his eyes caught her tail ,even thought Duke didn't say anything , at that moment Serenade can only feel one thing that she can be certain , fear , what if he looked at her differently because of this ? What if he thought she was weird ? Or...even worse.....
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke was really surprised by Serenade's refusal but he wasn't quite sure why, he didn't know if being carried was hurting her or if it was something to do with her tail but he cautiously tried to make sure he wasn't hurting her and seeing that hopefully he wasn't he thought she meant her tail which he was still dumbfounded as to why she would react like that. He stayed quiet for a moment as he got to his feet not looking at Serenade or her tail but then he looked at her with a slightly quizzical façade.

"Whats Wrong? Are you in pain?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote:Duke was really surprised by Serenade's refusal but he wasn't quite sure why, he didn't know if being carried was hurting her or if it was something to do with her tail but he cautiously tried to make sure he wasn't hurting her and seeing that hopefully he wasn't he thought she meant her tail which he was still dumbfounded as to why she would react like that. He stayed quiet for a moment as he got to his feet not looking at Serenade or her tail but then he looked at her with a slightly quizzical façade.

"Whats Wrong? Are you in pain?"
"No....no.......I'm.......I'm not........" Serenade trailed off , but after a few seconds , she decided it's not right for her friend to worry about her , for the wrong reason anyway "Duke...." She paused , took a deep breath , winced a bit as it hurt her , but she didn't mind , before finishing the sentence "Duke....I'm not.....I'm not....normal...."
CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

The Moon Howler wrote:
CrystallineWolf wrote:Mile's little trick was funny, causing a smile to appear on Arianna's snout. Said smile promptly dissolved when Chris popped his question. "I used to live on a farm, in England, bit of a ways off from London. Me and my mates were shepherders- although occasionally we'd be called up to bring in a loose cow." She sighed. " It all got burned down by some deranged madman. What stood around for more than a donkey's age was nothing but ash in less than two hours. Ans the worst part is that I should've seen it coming." The last few words were uttered ruefully, with a bit of self hate.
"Wrong move!" Chris scolded himself mentally. Instead of distracting himself, he managed to make Arianna sad as well. He honestly thought that he was an idiot at this point.
"I... I... I'm sorry, Arianna..." he said embarrassed, his ears falling down "I didn't mean to remind of painful memories. Sorry."
" Don't worry about it luv. I have to get over it sooner or later." She sighed, reluctant to bring up the situation at hand. Wrapping her towel tighter around her damp fur, Arianna etched a strained grin- an attempt to lessen Christopher's embarrassment. " Besides, now that there are no more responsibilities toward a farm, Mum and Dad are free to 'live the American Dream' as they say. And I can have some new experiences, now that I'm not herding sheep around all day."

In truth, Arianna wanted nothing more than to return to what she did before. Herding was everything she knew- sun up to sun down, she was in control- keeping the flock, and therefore her usefulness, safe. She wasn't ready to go from doing early morning chores to...to...she wasn't even sure what house pets did to pass the time. And she didn't care- her status as a working dog came with predictability, and a way to earn her keep. Now that it was gone, each day seemed a little bit more unsteady- as if she had been on a vacation for too long. Nevertheless, not wanting to burden the current party- especially the worrisome German Shepherd- Arianna kept her fears and uncertainty to herself.

Despite her best attempts, the faulty cheerfulness in her smile didn't quite reach her mismatched eyes.
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:"No....no.......I'm.......I'm not........" Serenade trailed off , but after a few seconds , she decided it's not right for her friend to worry about her , for the wrong reason anyway "Duke...." She paused , took a deep breath , winced a bit as it hurt her , but she didn't mind , before finishing the sentence "Duke....I'm not.....I'm not....normal...."
Duke stopped and looked at Serenade with a bit of a confused look, not sure what she was getting at but after a moment he smiled
"You're right. You are extraordinary in every way"