HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by valerio »

"Oh, it should matter, indeed, my dear," the dragon figure said, appearing before her. "I'm sorry for bringing you back to the astral plane before the time was right, but it had to be done. The time has come to put your inner troubles to an ease."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Lilly allows the otter to go, knowing he can be of use. Still, that leaves her in an awkward position. She's not sure exactly where in the shop she is or who is still around her.
"Okay, so... Is anyone still around? What should I do?" Keeping her cane running along the floor in front of her, the ferret makes her way towards Nettie's voice since she knows at least that the lady is still around.
"Is there anything I can do to help, Mrs. Callahan?" she queries, halting and holding out a paw in front of her as her cane knocks against the bottom of the counter.

~~~~~~~~
Seeing that the vet has been called, Ray runs out of the shop and back upstairs.
"The vet's on the way!" he informs everyone, accidentally crashing into Rena as she passes around the group due to his speed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Ion listened to the others, and then decided to make his way over to his brother, "Think it's time we got out of here." Eon looked up from his spot, "Why, seems like the others have whatever it is under control." Ion knew there would be no arguing him, he had a mission and wouldn't rest until it was finished. And since everyone was distracted by the new problem or gone, he for once felt more relaxed and joined his brother sitting on the floor next to Hayzl/Lydia. "How's it been going?" Eon just looked at him and gave a small shrug with a smile.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:Lilly allows the otter to go, knowing he can be of use. Still, that leaves her in an awkward position. She's not sure exactly where in the shop she is or who is still around her.
"Okay, so... Is anyone still around? What should I do?" Keeping her cane running along the floor in front of her, the ferret makes her way towards Nettie's voice since she knows at least that the lady is still around.
"Is there anything I can do to help, Mrs. Callahan?" she queries, halting and holding out a paw in front of her as her cane knocks against the bottom of the counter.
Nettie had just hung up the phone. " I don't even know if there's anything I can do to help," she answered the ferret. "We should wait for what the doctor says. Also, call me Nettie, dear."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:The receptionist was still on the phone with Nettie. "Oh... I guess you couldn't get her here?"

Just then, a tall man in a white lab coat came out of the office. He called back into the room, "Relax, Borgus, you'll be free to go home with them tomorrow. Just stay in there for tonight." He then noticed the otter in his lobby. "Oh, what can I help you with?""

"Nettie has a collapsed fox in her home, and it seems they can't get her here," the receptionist explained. "You'll need to make a housecall to find what's wrong."

"I'll go get my tools," he said, running back into his office, grabbing his medical bag. "lead the way," he said to the otter.

"Doctor Garfield is on his way," the receptionist said to Nettie.
The otter nodded, and with the doctor following suit behind him, he retraced his steps back towards the bookstore.

"She's up there," he said once they arrived outside the store and at the staircase leading towards the apartment room. He climbed the stairs first, until he was inside the room again. Mikan stood by the door, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Help was here, the best he could do was stay clear from the now blanketed fox.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

valerio wrote:"Oh, it should matter, indeed, my dear," the dragon figure said, appearing before her. "I'm sorry for bringing you back to the astral plane before the time was right, but it had to be done. The time has come to put your inner troubles to an ease."
"Master Hubert ?" Serenade asked "What happened to me ? What do you mean ?"
Hlaoroo wrote: Seeing that the vet has been called, Ray runs out of the shop and back upstairs.
"The vet's on the way!" he informs everyone, accidentally crashing into Rena as she passes around the group due to his speed.
"Yeah , thank you" Duke gave Ray a nod , still not entirely focus on anything aside from Serenade's body .
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Master Hubert ?" Serenade asked "What happened to me ? What do you mean ?"
"Your inner soul is breaking up, your otherside is showing. I have been asked to help you mend your fracture, even against your will...But I long learnt that on the long run it would be of no use. Would you rather cooperate?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

kurowolfe wrote:The otter nodded, and with the doctor following suit behind him, he retraced his steps back towards the bookstore.

"She's up there," he said once they arrived outside the store and at the staircase leading towards the apartment room. He climbed the stairs first, until he was inside the room again. Mikan stood by the door, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Help was here, the best he could do was stay clear from the now blanketed fox.
Doctor Garfield followed the otter up the stairs. "Alright, step back and let me have a look at the patient."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: "Your inner soul is breaking up, your otherside is showing. I have been asked to help you mend your fracture, even against your will...But I long learnt that on the long run it would be of no use. Would you rather cooperate?"
"I....I don't know , master......" the vixen replied , her voice seemed filled with sadness and guilt
"How are you going to help me ?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:The otter nodded, and with the doctor following suit behind him, he retraced his steps back towards the bookstore.

Doctor Garfield followed the otter up the stairs. "Alright, step back and let me have a look at the patient."
Duke nodded toward the human , then gently lay Serenade down on the floor , before stepping away for the vet to check on her
"Hey" he called the otter while heading to the door himself "Sorry about how I behave before , I was a little confused about who you were . Though your help is much appreciated" he said , trying his best to sound friendly .
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I....I don't know , master......" the vixen replied , her voice seemed filled with sadness and guilt
"How are you going to help me ?"
"That depends on you: You know you are suffering, what help do you want?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena glances at the doctor, then to Duke, and finally back to Serenade's now limp body. "She's not hurt from what ah can tell. Ah think it's some kind of stress attack thing," she informs the vet. "Ah don't know much about how it happened, but... ah heard yelling, so ah came running. Ah'll be just outside on the balcony," she finishes, heading over for Duke and Mikan.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Mikan was back to his stony self again, keeping mum as he watched Dr. Garfield tend to the unconscious fox, the gangly grey cat that was shouting for help just now standing nearby.
Serence Frostbite wrote:Duke nodded toward the human , then gently lay Serenade down on the floor , before stepping away for the vet to check on her
"Hey" he called the otter while heading to the door himself "Sorry about how I behave before , I was a little confused about who you were . Though your help is much appreciated" he said , trying his best to sound friendly .
"Understood," the otter said. "It's not your fault."

Inside, he was still a little irritated by the fox's attitude earlier, but he also chastised himself for thinking so. His reactions were natural given the situation, he would've reacted the same had he been in the red one's feet.
Leafolawl wrote:Rena glances at the doctor, then to Duke, and finally back to Serenade's now limp body. "She's not hurt from what ah can tell. Ah think it's some kind of stress attack thing," she informs the vet. "Ah don't know much about how it happened, but... ah heard yelling, so ah came running. Ah'll be just outside on the balcony," she finishes, heading over for Duke and Mikan.
Mikan only nodded solemnly as the fit Shiba headed towards the door. No need to stop her if she wanted to be outside.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Dr. Garfield knelt down next to the fox. He checked her pulse first, after noting her still breathing. "alright, her pulse and breathing are a tiny bit slow, but she's alive."
(OOC: Furr, let me know if I do anything a vet wouldn't. and maybe help me with what they would :P)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray stands back quietly to let the vet work.

~~~~~~~~
"All right. Thanks, Mi- er, Nettie." The ferret taps her claws idly on the bench in front of her. Being a ferret she hats standing still for too long.
"So... Is there anything we can do in the meantime? Or anything to talk about? I can't stand just twiddling my thumbs."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: "That depends on you: You know you are suffering, what help do you want?"
"I.....I don't know , master............I don't know if it can be fixed.......or if I want it to......" Serenade replied depressingly .
~~~~~~~~~
Duke just quietly stood next to the door with the others , watching as the human exam Serenade . Normally he would try to come up with something to break the ice . But........this just didn't help him get into the mood at all .
~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile , for some reason , the menacing voice just got more and more quiet , the overwhelming feelings that its presence is spreading , however , was still increasing without and sign of weakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perhaps out of sheer instinct , Serenade , or her body at least , groaned weakly as the vet was checking her pulse .
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I.....I don't know , master............I don't know if it can be fixed.......or if I want it to......" Serenade replied depressingly .
"And why would you not want to be helped? Surely it is not easy to live like this."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Serence Frostbite wrote: Duke just quietly stood next to the door with the others , watching as the human exam Serenade . Normally he would try to come up with something to break the ice . But........this just didn't help him get into the mood at all .
Noticing how tense the fox was, especially when his partner shuddered, Mikan placed one hand on his shoulder.

"Relax, she's in good hands," he said in a soothing tone.

He then felt like giving him some sweets to help calm his nerves, but when his other hand went to his hip, the bag was not there. He also finally noticed the lack of anything on his furry body. Unlike others who would usually panic and desperately try to cover themselves, Mikan was rather nonchalant about it. This was how he was born after all.

"I'll go downstairs and get my bag back," he announced, and he went out the door, past the shiba in the jacket, down the stairs and back into the bookstore. He saw his bag, and promptly walked up to it, picking it up and slinging in over his shoulder. He then picked another lollipop at random and popped it onto his maw. Pineapple, not his favourite, but it'll do. Only then did he remember that the guys down here were not informed of the doctor's arrival yet.

"The doctor's checking the sick fox upstairs, no worries," Mikan said to everyone. "In the meantime, anyone want lollipops? Sugar helps calm you down." He began rummaging in his bag and pulling out random sticks, passing one to everyone, even the dragon and the bookstore owner.

If you looked closely, you would notice the slight frown that the otter has on his eyes. He was not used to talking so much unnecessarily, but this was a time where words would do more comfort.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"That's good to hear," Nettie answered, taking one of the lollipops.
-------------
Meanwhile, doctor Garfield had pulled out his thermometer. He'd noticed the fox was unusually cold as he took her pulse.

as he suspected, she had a core temperature far below normal. Not sure of who actually lived here, he just asked all the pets present, "I need something to warm her up. blankets, heating pads, hot water bottles, anything."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena nods, stepping back inside and heading further back into the living area of the bookstore. It's not long before she returns with a blanket for the vixen, offering it to the doctor. "Is there anythin' else you might need?" she asks while looking up to the man, her ears splayed back.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'd like one, please." Lilly holds out a paw in the direction of the otter's voice, not a hundred percent certain of where exactly he is.
"So how's she doing?" she asks nervously, acutely aware. of the menacing presence. She does her best to keep the wobble from her voice but she's not entirely successful.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Mikan, remembering Lilly's predicament, stepped forwards and gently placed one in her outstretched hand, helping her grasp the handle.

"Here's one for you, Lilly," the otter said, silently ignoring the slight quiver in her voice.

He then looked around at everyone. "Anyone else?"

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: "And why would you not want to be helped? Surely it is not easy to live like this."
"I......master Hubert......I was not meant to exist . At least , not among the living....."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duke nodded as a way of showing his gratitude to Mikan , before turning his attention back to the vet when the otter went downstairs .
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey opened the door and began walking home, dragging Pat along with her.

"Wha' ever is happenin', Ah want no part of it."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks, Mikan." Lilly notices that the otter doesn't answer the question. Deciding not to press him for answers she sticks the lollipop into her mouth. A few moments later she frowns and pulls it out again and struggles with the plastic wrapping. It doesn't take long for her to remove it.
"Do you have a trash can for this, please, Nettie?" she queries, turning back to where she hopes Nettie still is.
"Erm, sorry it's a bit slimy..." The ferret is still distracted as she feels the menacing force growing.
Hubert? Miles? Are you guys there? What's happening? What is that thing? she thinks at the ghost and dragon.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I......master Hubert......I was not meant to exist . At least , not among the living....."
The dragon chuckled. "What a silly notion. You exist among the living, you interact with them and right now there are friends who are caring for you. That makes you quite meant to exist among the mortals."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:Rena nods, stepping back inside and heading further back into the living area of the bookstore. It's not long before she returns with a blanket for the vixen, offering it to the doctor. "Is there anythin' else you might need?" she asks while looking up to the man, her ears splayed back.
the doctor wrapped the vixen in the blanket, repositioning her into the recovery position. "Alright, that blanket should help, If not we'll need to get her to my office for treatment," he explained. "though we'll probably need to take her anyway. Was she showing any symptoms before she collapsed?"
--------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Do you have a trash can for this, please, Nettie?" she queries, turning back to where she hopes Nettie still is.
"Erm, sorry it's a bit slimy..." The ferret is still distracted as she feels the menacing force growing.
"I'll take it, dear" Nettie replied, taking the wrapper over to the trash. "I've dealt with slimier."

Tara wanted to get everyone's mind off of the issue at hand. "So, did anyone still want to take that tour? I can have Miles or Hubert tell me if she's alright."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks, Mikan." Lilly notices that the otter doesn't answer the question. Deciding not to press him for answers she sticks the lollipop into her mouth. A few moments later she frowns and pulls it out again and struggles with the plastic wrapping. It doesn't take long for her to remove it.
"Do you have a trash can for this, please, Nettie?" she queries, turning back to where she hopes Nettie still is.
Hubert? Miles? Are you guys there? What's happening? What is that thing? she thinks at the ghost and dragon.
And the answer came...with a *ding* in her mind, just like an answering machine's chime, followed by that unique voice in her mind.
<This emanation is currently busy in another plane of existence, dealing with a supernatural threat. Please leave inquires in this box, knowing that all mortal business regarding this temporary crisis will be taken care of with the outmost cre. Thank you for contacting us. Have a nice existence.> *ding*
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles mentally shrugged.

As far as I know, it's in Hubert's hands now. Miles thought to Lily.

I do have to give you credit, you ARE the first person I've seen today that's seen me that's NOT reacted negatively. Miles thought to Mikan.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Lilly is surprised at the voicemail message but leaves the same message anyway before sending a brief thought of thanks to Miles.
"Thanks, Nettie. And sure, Tara. A tour sounds good. Better than twiddling my paws here and wondering. Where will we go?"

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, she was." Ray answers the vet, the event seared into his memory. "She seemed distracted at first. And then scared and confused. Then her voice changed. It went really deep. Then she seemed really scared and she kept saying that she had to go but we weren't to follow and we had to stay here. Then she collapsed and we called you."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: The dragon chuckled. "What a silly notion. You exist among the living, you interact with them and right now there are friends who are caring for you. That makes you quite meant to exist among the mortals."
"Master Hubert....." Serenade muttered , as if holding back tears . "I love them , though we just met , they see me as a friend , and my sister is out there , looking for me still , I can't ask for much more than that . But......I made a mistake , I'm not supposed to be here , my fate should've ended years ago"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote: "Yeah, she was." Ray answers the vet, the event seared into his memory. "She seemed distracted at first. And then scared and confused. Then her voice changed. It went really deep. Then she seemed really scared and she kept saying that she had to go but we weren't to follow and we had to stay here. Then she collapsed and we called you."
"yes my friend here is right" Duke added "Her body just got very cold , and she seemed to be in much pain as well , this happened yesterday evening , but it wasn't this bad" he informed the human , trying his best to sound calm .
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

xhunterko wrote:I do have to give you credit, you ARE the first person I've seen today that's seen me that's NOT reacted negatively. Miles thought to Mikan.
At first, the otter wondered if he was hearing things. It had been quite a day, and all this talking was starting to get to him.

He then remembered that the voice sounds remarkably like Miles'. Ah, so ghosts could communicate through telepathy, it seems. Interesting. He took a big suckle out of his sucker, the stick quivering a little as it was shaken by his maw, and thought back.

"To be fair, Hubert did talk to you at first, so I know you're there. It annoyed me that I couldn't see you at first, to be honest."

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Lilly is surprised at the voicemail message but leaves the same message anyway before sending a brief thought of thanks to Miles.
"Thanks, Nettie. And sure, Tara. A tour sounds good. Better than twiddling my paws here and wondering. Where will we go?"
"Well, there's really only the woods and Main street," Tara replied. "I was planning to show the others what shops there are along Main street."
---
Serence Frostbite wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, she was." Ray answers the vet, the event seared into his memory. "She seemed distracted at first. And then scared and confused. Then her voice changed. It went really deep. Then she seemed really scared and she kept saying that she had to go but we weren't to follow and we had to stay here. Then she collapsed and we called you."
"yes my friend here is right" Duke added "Her body just got very cold , and she seemed to be in much pain as well , this happened yesterday evening , but it wasn't this bad" he informed the human , trying his best to sound calm .
"So this is a preexisting condition? Did she mention having any medical conditions that might cause this? And when you say her voice got deep, did you mean like someone with a sore throat?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena steps back, letting Duke and Ray handle it since they know more than her with her having been in the other room. The small dog instead goes back over to the door leading outside, leaning against it and looking over at the situation with her ears pinned back.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "So this is a preexisting condition? Did she mention having any medical conditions that might cause this? And when you say her voice got deep, did you mean like someone with a sore throat?"
"I just met her yesterday and , well I didn't think I should ask her about such personal things , so I don't know . Her voice got lowered and changed , not like someone with sore through , but more......" Duke paused , unable to find the right word to describe the voice they heard .
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, I only met her today too so I don't know, sorry. But the voice... It wasn't like a sore throat. It was like someone totally different talking. It was freaky, almost like she was possessed or something."

~~~~~~~~
"The wood and the shops. Sounds good. I'm always up for shopping if someone will help guide me." Lilly smiles. Turning, she walks to where the group is, and like she had with Miles, accidentally steps straight through Tara. She shivers at the sudden coolness but by the time she's registered it she's through Tara and back in the warmth.
"I did it again, didn't I? Sorry, Tara. I walked through you, didn't I? Sorry, I, heh, I didn't see you there. You were closer than I thought. Still, I can safely say you're one of the coolest pets I've met." the ferret giggles slightly awkwardly at her joke hoping she hasn't just put her foot in it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Tara?" Mikan was intrigued. He didn't see anyone else, and Lilly seemed to call that name out as she was walking through thin air.

"There's another ghost here?"

valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Master Hubert....." Serenade muttered , as if holding back tears . "I love them , though we just met , they see me as a friend , and my sister is out there , looking for me still , I can't ask for much more than that . But......I made a mistake , I'm not supposed to be here , my fate should've ended years ago"
The dragon again showed that gentle, wise expression. "See? There *is* a reason the thread of your fate is still strong, you recognize that yourself. And since I have been given the liberty to put a remedy to your problems..." just a snap of his fingers.
And she was there. In front of Serenade.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

kurowolfe wrote:"Tara?" Mikan was intrigued. He didn't see anyone else, and Lilly seemed to call that name out as she was walking through thin air.

"Wait... did you not know I was here?" Tara asked the otter. Then she turned to the other pets and people in the store. "I have been visible this whole time, right? I didn't accidentally go transparent?"
--------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"I just met her yesterday and , well I didn't think I should ask her about such personal things , so I don't know . Her voice got lowered and changed , not like someone with sore through , but more......" Duke paused , unable to find the right word to describe the voice they heard .
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, I only met her today too so I don't know, sorry. But the voice... It wasn't like a sore throat. It was like someone totally different talking. It was freaky, almost like she was possessed or something."
"That... doesn't sound like any illness I've ever seen, or even heard of," the doctor said as he thought about what could be causing this. "Unless it's some strange variation of foreign accent syndrome... do you know if she'd had any head trauma recently?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena can only shake her head, eyes falling away to avoid the vet's as she tucks her tail. "Now ah wish ah'd have been home yesterday..." the shiba inu mumbles to herself. Her eyes flick among the shapes of pets and human alike, ears remaining flattened.
Love me right now! Done.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:"Tara?" Mikan was intrigued. He didn't see anyone else, and Lilly seemed to call that name out as she was walking through thin air.

"Wait... did you not know I was here?" Tara asked the otter. Then she turned to the other pets and people in the store. "I have been visible this whole time, right? I didn't accidentally go transparent?"
Mikan stopped in his tracks, seeing the dark-furred canine for the first time that day. Again, his expression didn't really betray the slight surprise that he felt inside.

"No, only noticed you there now," the otter admitted. "Still getting used to seeing ghosts. Never really see them until today, to be honest."

He scratched the back of his head. "Want a lollipop?" he said. The awkwardness was settling in again in his psyche =w=