HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by xhunterko »

Miles couldn't help but chuckle, having the other cats on edge!

"Heh sorry, but no really, unless you intend to cause trouble, expect none from me. Must still be feeling the after party high, heh," Miles said.

Ah, right, sorry. I'll spare you potential nightmares then. Miles thought to Rena.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn was about to hiss and scratch Mickey when he realized she was just scared. His fur went back to normal after a few minutes, but he was still shaking. "Y-you're n-not the o-only one..." Lyn stuttered, still frightened.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey took a deep breath a calmed herself down.

"Alright, alright. Let's all calm down."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I-I don't b-believe that's p-possible for me a-anymore after what's h-happened t-today..." Lyn said, shaking and stuttering uncontrollably. His breathing was rapid and short and he kept looking around as if someone was going to scare him again.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Oh, good job, Miles. You've gotten poor Lyn paranoid, Tara chastised the other ghost. A good joke scare doesn't have lasting effects.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey slowly took Lyn's paw. She smiled up at him, pointing to her handkerchief.

"Ah was little when mah pa gave me that. He said though it was a mark of mah job on the farm, he also it was a mark of family."

Mickey squeezed Lyn's paw.

"And it's always good to be home with family. In other words, nothing's gonna get you Lyn. Not as long as you have family around. And friends are like family, therefore, you have family all around right now."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Buster just scowled for a moment when miles started chuckling, thinking miles was laughing at her, and making up her mind that she didn't much like him. Ignoring him for now, she turned back to the others she had been trying to talk to, only to notice the state of two of them. She couldn't help but feel that was at least partially her fault.

"Really sorry about overreacting like that..." She mumbled, focusing mainly on Tara. "Not used to the whole 'ghosts are real' thing yet... Sorry."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"It's fine, I'm still not entirely used to the whole 'I'm a ghost' thing," She replied jokingly.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray nods understandingly again before looking out at the antics of the other pets in the group. "I tell you what. Why not get to know me a bit? Then there'll be one less unfamiliar face down there. After that, we can pick someone else and get to know them and then there'll be two. Before you know it you'll know everyone." The cat drums his fingers on the step.
"What do you like to do to relax? I find music always helps me which is why I brought it up."

==!@!==
Awesome! Man, that candy smells good!
Lilly jumps as Buster yowls but manages to keep hold of her glasses this time.
Hoo! she thinks, putting a paw on her chest. What did you do this time, Miles?
"Are you still there, Martin?" Lilly queries suddenly. "You've gone quiet. I hope the ghosts didn't scare you too much. You know, when I met Miles I had no clue he was there and I stood right inside him and wondered why it was suddenly so cold." she giggles.
"Sorry about that, Miles. I hope it wasn't too uncomfortable for you.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn shook less when Mickey grabbed his paw, but he still looked around nervously. "Thanks. I know nothing will get me, it's the fact that things can still come for me is what I'm scared about." he said, shaking.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Stop thinking about what could happen and think about is happening. If someone wanted to get ya, wouldn't they have by now? Ah guess not because yer still standing right her next to me. Though something can still come and get ya, nothing will as long as you have friends around ya."
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn smiled nervously. "I-I guess..." he said, placing his hand on Mickey's handkerchief. "T-Though, I'm going to h-have some s-serious trust issues a-after t-this." Lyn said, still stuttering and shaking a bit.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"There ya go, tovarish," Mickey said, using the Husky word for "Comrade". (It's Russian with the last two letters cut off, which would be "ch")

Mickey smiled at him, before turning to the other pets. She touched the leather of the deep green collar around her neck. She loosened it a little before pulling her hand down her arm. She pushed up her sleeve and checked the old leather-bound watch wrapped around it. She shrugged and pulled it back down. Her tail tightened around the book it held.

"So, what'er we doing now that we got new member to the group?"
My characters!
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Draco looked around, loosing some attention and focus, he noticed Serenade sitting in the back away from the group. He had not really talked to her yet and decided to greet her. "Hello" he said as he walked up "I don't remember if I got your name, Serenade, right?
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"It's fine, I'm still not entirely used to the whole 'I'm a ghost' thing," She replied jokingly.
That just sounded awkward to Buster, and she couldn't help but cringe internally for having accidentaly steered the conversation that direction.
"Sorry." She mumbled, apologizing again. Not entirely sure what for this time but just in general, to stall as she tried to think of something to say that wasn't insensitive. Overhearing the ferret talk to one of the others brought back a bit of her curiosity about it though. She couldn't help it, she wanted to know how it worked, especially since as far as she knew it shouldn't. "So, what's it like?"

Oh brilliant use of tact there genius. She mentally berated herself the instant the words left her mouth.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena turns to Ray, holding up six digits on her paws. "Sleep, eat, run, play, check my territory, and have a book read to me," she lists off, folding a single digit down at each item. "Oh, and havin' behind my ears scratched is nice too."

<Ah'm not scared of wolves.> Rena thinks to Miles with a bit of an edge. <Ah'm just thinkin' he's missin' a lot'a ground to make such a grand declaration.>
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hlaoroo wrote:Awesome! Man, that candy smells good!
Lilly jumps as Buster yowls but manages to keep hold of her glasses this time.
Hoo! she thinks, putting a paw on her chest. What did you do this time, Miles?
"Are you still there, Martin?" Lilly queries suddenly. "You've gone quiet. I hope the ghosts didn't scare you too much. You know, when I met Miles I had no clue he was there and I stood right inside him and wondered why it was suddenly so cold." she giggles.
"Sorry about that, Miles. I hope it wasn't too uncomfortable for you.
"Me? Scared of ghosts?" Martin said as he moved closer to the blind ferret "Nay, Lilly. I've seen much much worse, mind ya. They jus' brought back some sad memories, is all." The half-wolf said, then smiled "As for yer story - some ghosties tend t' do that jus' ta mess around with the livin'."
He suddenly shivered and continued with a hushed tone "I don't need ta be a medium or any other sort of mystic ta feel all that negativity t'wards me. Especially from that small dog."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I-I don't know. So, w-where a-are you from B-Buster?" Lyn asked the new cat, still shaking and looking around.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Drake wrote:Draco looked around, loosing some attention and focus, he noticed Serenade sitting in the back away from the group. He had not really talked to her yet and decided to greet her. "Hello" he said as he walked up "I don't remember if I got your name, Serenade, right?
"oh yes , I am , hi" Serenade greeted "you're...Draco , yes ?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:That just sounded awkward to Buster, and she couldn't help but cringe internally for having accidentaly steered the conversation that direction.
"Sorry." She mumbled, apologizing again. Not entirely sure what for this time but just in general, to stall as she tried to think of something to say that wasn't insensitive. Overhearing the ferret talk to one of the others brought back a bit of her curiosity about it though. She couldn't help it, she wanted to know how it worked, especially since as far as she knew it shouldn't. "So, what's it like?"

Oh brilliant use of tact there genius. She mentally berated herself the instant the words left her mouth.
"It's actually pretty fun after the... initial unpleasantness," She answered, subconsciously glancing at Martin. "Only thing I miss is food. Not that I had that great a diet as a stray."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

hypernovatic wrote:"I-I don't know. So, w-where a-are you from B-Buster?" Lyn asked the new cat, still shaking and looking around.
"Hmmm? Oh, well, for the last year or so We've been in Reed Point. It's... um," She paused to think for a second, before pointing towards the east wall of the store "about three quarters an hour that way in the car. It's kinda boring though, I couldn't go outside, and there was only one other tenant with pets on our floor." Buster grumbled the last part, clearly not a fan of those conditions.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"It's actually pretty fun after the... initial unpleasantness," She answered, subconsciously glancing at Martin. "Only thing I miss is food. Not that I had that great a diet as a stray."
"Food? Wait, you mean you can't have treats? Thats Awful!" Getting a rather determined look on her face she starts heading further into the book store looking for reference books. "We gotta find a way around that."
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

serence ice fox wrote:
Drake wrote:Draco looked around, loosing some attention and focus, he noticed Serenade sitting in the back away from the group. He had not really talked to her yet and decided to greet her. "Hello" he said as he walked up "I don't remember if I got your name, Serenade, right?
"oh yes , I am , hi" Serenade greeted "you're...Draco , yes ?"
Draco nodded his head in agreement "Yes that is right. So if I may ask, why are you all by yourself and not with this others?"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey rummaged through her pockets, pulling out a small bag of fish crackers. She examined the bag, confused, for she had been looking for her change.

"Um, ok? Ah'm afraid to eat/question these, but..."

Mickey pulled one out and started to munch on it, while watching Buster go off into the store. She swallowed and used the back of her paw as a napkin.

"What're ya lookin fer?"
My characters!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

GOOD. Miles thought drippingly cold to Tara. Apparently, YOU'VE never had such an experience like that I see.

I wasn't talking about that. There's something otherworldly about him. As if he's been scarred brutally by something. Especially one of his eyes. Poor guy must've been through a lot! Miles thought to Rena. Then he walked over to her other side and leaned against the wall.

Oh, the usual ghost thing. Barreled through pets and shelves to meet the new pets. Miles thought to Lilly.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"O-oh. T-that must h-have been b-boring." Lyn said, looking behind him nervously, expecting someone to be trying to scare him.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Drake wrote: Draco nodded his head in agreement "Yes that is right. So if I may ask, why are you all by yourself and not with this others?"
"oh , I just thought that everyone should have time to get to know each other first , especially Lyn , and me being there might make it feel a little too crowded ." Serenade explained
"how about you ?"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Mickey wrote:"What're ya lookin fer?"
"I... um, don't know yet." She pauses while looking at one shelf, realizing that she didn't actually know where to start. Other than the notion of what Tara had told her not sounding fair, mainly because treats were awesome especially the salmon flavored ones, she still had no idea how any of this worked... The wasn't even fully opaque and the other one could walk through furniture, how did that even work?
hypernovatic wrote:"O-oh. T-that must h-have been b-boring." Lyn said, looking behind him nervously, expecting someone to be trying to scare him.
"Yeah, there's nothing to climb, nothing to stalk. games are, okay I guess. You run out of things to do really quickly." She agreed, Nodding at Lyn's comment. "What about you? Local or moved here?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I m-moved here n-not t-too long a-ago. It's r-really n-nice here. I m-mean, besides M-Miles s-scaring e-everyone." Lyn said, holding onto Mickey's handkerchief and looking around nervously.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ear scratches are nice," Ray agrees, "And I have beautiful memories of being a kitten curled in Mom's lap by the fire as it was snowing outside and her scratching my ears as Dad played jazz on the piano while Mom read to both of us." Ray begins to purr contentedly as he returns in his mind to the scene.
"Perhaps you have some nice memory that you can focus on? A positive frame of mind always helps me face the world. I know that sounds naive and idealistic but it really works."

==!@!==
"You sound like you have a lot of experience with ghosts." Lilly observes.
"Small... You mean Rena? Why's that? Why would she have a problem with you?" she queries, matching the wolfdog's hushed tone. Unable to read anyone's expressions like Martin can, she is unaware of what he sees and it has never occurred to her to try to use her abilities for anything other than a replacement for her missing sense.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You sound like you have a lot of experience with ghosts." Lilly observes.
"Small... You mean Rena? Why's that? Why would she have a problem with you?" she queries, matching the wolfdog's hushed tone. Unable to read anyone's expressions like Martin can, she is unaware of what he sees and it has never occurred to her to try to use her abilities for anything other than a replacement for her missing sense.
"I have enough experience with ghosts to know what to expect." he continued with the same hushed tone, aware that the ghosts around him can hear him anyway "Truth be told, I only assume she dislikes me or something I said. I can feel the negative vibe from her shortly after I spoke."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

hypernovatic wrote:"I m-moved here n-not t-too long a-ago. It's r-really n-nice here. I m-mean, besides M-Miles s-scaring e-everyone." Lyn said, holding onto Mickey's handkerchief and looking around nervously.
Noticing Lyn's nervous glances, and now knowing their source (or at least suspecting), her already low opinion of Miles dropped a few more notches. "Oh? Where did you move from?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey continues to nibble at the treats in the bag, humming to herself. She watched Lyn out of the corner of her eye while looking around for anything that would jump out at them. Mickey's eyes widened with a realization and, after shifting the bag to her teeth, reached under her collar and pulled out a hacky-sac. She put the bag away and threw the sac down, bouncing it back up with her ankle. She counted the times she could kick it back up.
My characters!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"... Ah don't have anything ah can think of to make me smile." She turns her gaze back down the stairs. "The past ain't mine. All ah've got's a future, and most ah can hope is that ah ain't gonna mess it up..."

<It'll take more than that to get my sympathy.> Her thought back to Miles still holds a mild bitterness, but it's mostly ebbed.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Uh, I m-moved from M-Mississippi. I, uh... C-can I h-have a h-hug? I-it would h-help a l-lot..." Lyn asked Buster and honestly anyone else that was within earshot.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey hugged Lyn slowly and carefully as to not scare him, still bouncing the sac on her ankle.

"Hey, Lyn! You any good at keepie-uppie, as you city folk call it."

Mickey lets go, shifting the sac to her front and continuing to count.
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn instinctively stiffened as Mickey hugged him, but he soon relaxed and hugged her back. "T-thanks. Oh, y-you mean h-hacky sack? I-I've played a l-little bit of i-it." he said, smiling softly.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Really? Alright then! Wanna try a game of Pass'em Back? Ah'll to ya and ya kick it back to me and all we got ta do is keep it in tha air! Ya game?"

Mickey mumbles a quick, "Shoot!", when the ball lands in the ground. She's picks it back up and began to play again.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Buster hesitated a moment, she barely knew the other cat, but only a moment. "Sure." She answered, taking a step closer and giving the jumpy cat a friendly hug.

After letting go, her attention is drawn to what mickey is doing. Her eyes tracking every movement as she tries to resist the urge to pounce on the toy ball.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:"Food? Wait, you mean you can't have treats? Thats Awful!" Getting a rather determined look on her face she starts heading further into the book store looking for reference books. "We gotta find a way around that."
"well apparently there are otherworldly sweets I can get If Miles tells me how," Tara said looking towards the other ghost.
xhunterko wrote:GOOD. Miles thought drippingly cold to Tara. Apparently, YOU'VE never had such an experience like that I see.
Oh. of course not, Tara thought back sarcastically. I only spent my entire life running from dog catchers and wondering where my next meal would come from. As much as I hated the idea of being a pet, I hated the constant worry in my life more. Now Lyn has that for no reason.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn smiled as Buster hugged him. "T-thank you." he said as he hugged her back. He turned towards Mickey. "S-sure, I-I'm game." Lyn said, shaking and looking the complete opposite of "being game". He was still checking over his shoulder and around him every so often.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT