HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by xhunterko »

Siiiigh. That's not good. I wish there was something this 50, er, something year old spirit could do to help. Miles thought back.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Actually, there is,> Hubert's voice came to him and Tara.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

<huh?> Tara thought back at Hubert. <And what would that be?>
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

<The Hunter is fully aware of Buster...not you. So the question is: how far would you two go to help him and Janus? And pay attention, you two may be their last occasion. Any hesitation will be considered as a 'no.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles thought for a moment. But only a moment.

Duke, Rena hon, I may be out for it the rest of the day. And if I don't come back, be happy for me. But, heh, at least I got to sleep next to my crush. Eh heh. He thought to both of them.

I may not agree with the relationship, but that is no way to live. I may not have any outward physical powers, but, I do have some inward ones. But, I want to know everything. I want all the information you can give me on Janus. Cause I only know him apparently as the hunter. And most importantly, I want the risks. Miles thought back to Hubert.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I already gave my life to save Buster, I'd gladly take any risk to let him be happy again, Tara thought back to Hubert.

Then she thought to Buster. i think I'll spend the day with Hubert, learn a bit more about hoe this ghost stuff works.

Buster nodded slightly, still working on stopping his tears.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert transmitted them a mental nod.
<The original plan was to work on the...soft side. Had Buster accepted the Hunter as part of the relationship, the integration would have proceeded. Now we must go for...a more radical solution. Which means you two must subjugate the Hunter, Miles, Tara.
<The Hunter respects strength. He is a killer, not a fool. You must show him that Buster is protected by other forces than me. I hoped it would not come to this, for you will have to be present during daytime as I am during nighttime. But it won't be for a long time: Buster will do his duty to help Janus, and should he succeed, Janus and the Hunter will be one.>
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Marine Fox wrote:Duke startedly looked around when he heard the voice inside his head, he knew who it was but it was quite unexpected.
"Heh it's gonna take more than a few scratches to take me down"

Duke heard Rena and looked over as he heard her voice and unlike Miles could get an idea of where it was coming from, he smiled and gave an agreed nod as Rena started to stand up, Duke wasn't going to sit all morning so he looked around a second before he pushed himself onto his paws and knees then in a stiffened and painful attempt Duke got one leg under him then the other and after some wincing and gritting his teeth he got himself to stand up properly, trying to be tough about this as he wasn't going to let this injury cripple him. He let out a stiffled whine as his bandaged leg felt like it was going to give way but Duke quickly supported himself by holding onto a close by table, and after a minute of being in the same position his leg wasn't hurting as bad for the moment.
As Rena stretched and talked Duke couldn't help but chuckle a little and smile when he heard Miles, he was grateful for their help and company.
"Did you get any sleep Rena?"
"Nah, not really." Rena said as she slowly released her stretch. "And careful on your leg, just 'cause it's stitched up, doesn't mea-" She cut herself off to listen to Miles as the thought to her.
xhunterko wrote:Duke, Rena hon, I may be out for it the rest of the day. And if I don't come back, be happy for me. But, heh, at least I got to sleep next to my crush. Eh heh. He thought to both of them.
"Wait, what do you mean if you don't come back?.." She asked aloud, forgetting about Duke's leg for the moment, the shock on her face quickly turning into a look of suspicion. "What's going on?"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

strength is something I have plenty of, Tara replied. Especially when I'm fighting for Buster.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Oh, I'll be helping Hubert today for a bit. Mental stuff always has an iffy side. Miles thought to her.

Oh joy. It'll take some time for the Hunter to even respect me. Tell me Hubert. He fears and respects you because you can physically control him. Would he respect someone who can mentally control him? And is there such a thing as a soft side to a killer? Miles thought back to Hubert.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<That is good, Tara. I know you can be the most genuinely determined.
<And, Miles, this is just the point: the Hunter *loves* Janus. He would never hurt him. He was born to protect him at all costs. And this is why we need the physical presence for this incoming battle, tonight: Gage."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:a tear rolled down Buster's cheek. "I'm sorry," he said as he headed back downstairs.

"What happened?" Tara asked him.

"I may have ruined our best chance at helping him, and I think he still doesn't know how I feel." he replied sadly.
Gage saw Buster come downstairs crying and his heart dropped, "Wait what happened? Is Janus ok?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Gage saw Buster come downstairs crying and his heart dropped, "Wait what happened? Is Janus ok?"
"He fainted as soon as I told him. apparently I was supposed to take that opportunity to enter his mind and solve this whole problem, but I screwed up somehow. Janus is no worse off than he was before, except now the Hunter is expecting me, so I can't enter his mind again." He wiped his tears on his arm. "When Janus woke up, he didn't even remember letting us in. Now he's passed out, and won't wake up I guuess until the hunter shows up again tonight... anyway, I guess we should head over to Rena's so I can explain this whole situation to both of you."

---------------

If we need a physical presence, is Gage really the best choice? Would Rena's experience be useful?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Gage saw Buster come downstairs crying and his heart dropped, "Wait what happened? Is Janus ok?"
"He fainted as soon as I told him. apparently I was supposed to take that opportunity to enter his mind and solve this whole problem, but I screwed up somehow. Janus is no worse off than he was before, except now the Hunter is expecting me, so I can't enter his mind again." He wiped his tears on his arm. "When Janus woke up, he didn't even remember letting us in. Now he's passed out, and won't wake up I guuess until the hunter shows up again tonight... anyway, I guess we should head over to Rena's so I can explain this whole situation to both of you."

---------------

If we need a physical presence, is Gage really the best choice? Would Rena's experience be useful?
Well ####. Let's get over there and talk to her then. I assume Hubert has some kind of backup plan?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"He said he'll figure something out," He replied, finally wiping away the last of his tears and walking over to the door. "come on, let's go."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage followed after, "Well I guess we just have to trust him on that one. Let's hurry up and get to Rena's."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

The two made their way to main street, then entered the bookstore
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Herm. Well that's something we can use. And why do we need to act tonight? Your going to need to be more forthcoming with what you expect to happen if you want things to move smoothly. Miles thought back to Hubert.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<It is...complicated. I will try and explain, once we are gathered. But there is another reason for the hurry: now that Janus and his dark side have touched, even for just a moment, they will start fighting against each other. This will add to the body stress. Janus' conditions may deteriorate faster now, bringing him nearer to death.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Janus will have to prove that he can survive without the Hunter. I know that much. I have a few ideas but it will require his cooperation. I haven't even met Janus, so I don't know what he's like. I'll have to try and figure out how to use his counter argument on that against the hunter. So I'll need help with that. I'd like to meet with Janus if possible. Miles thought back.
valerio

Post by valerio »

if a mindvoice could facepawlm, Hubert did so, at least by listening to his answer. <The purpose is *not* to get rid of the Hunter, but *integrate* the two personalities. Do I have to draw it for you all?! Without Janus, the Hunter is an uncontrolled, lethal, self-destructive force. Without the Hunter, Janus is a weakling, undecided, without a purpose in his life. It is their *conflict* that must be resolved. *sigh* mortals.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

so they're like two sides of the same coin. We just need to melt the coin into one... puddle of... metal. that analogy got away from me. But yeah, I understand. We need them both together.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke leaned onto the table, trying to keep sudden weight off of his leg, but then he heard Mile's voice in his head again and he didn't like what he heard it, sounded dismal and he got a bit worried, curious of what could possible kill a ghost. Rena answered before he could, asking about Miles, Duke paused himself and listened as he really wanted to know what was going on as well. He waited till he heard the sound of the door opening to the store, with some strain, stubborness and determination Duke hobbled over where he thought the sound came from from.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

See? See? That's exactly your problem. I never said eliminate, but I said the Hunter isn't going to just cooperate unless he can be convinced that he doesn't need to get complete control any more for any amount of time. Sheesh. Miles argued back to Hubert.

Heh. Run away patient Miss Rena, and you seem to have some guests approaching. He thought to Rena.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Then let us talk when we are there. Mortal Rena, I hope you have some time to spare for us and Janus.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Fair enough. Speaking of there. Where and when specifically? Miles thought back.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<I have a plan. For tonight.>
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

musclecar326 wrote:Mason woke up to the sound of his alarm beeping in his ear. When he opened his eyes he noticed that he was on the floor with half the covers on him. With a grumble he turned his alarm off then got up and stretched. Rex and Chris were still sleeping, Might as well wake Rex up. Mason said to himself quietly. He then walked over to the bedside and gently shook Rex trying to wake him up. Hey man wake up, its time for our workout. He said loudly into Rex's ear.
Rex almost jumped out of his fur from the sudden yell. He did jump out of the bed though.
"What? When? How?" He asked quickly, turning around until he saw Mason "Oh, fiddlesticks, what time is it?" the GSD asked.
On the other side of the bed, Chris was still sleeping, giving no signs of even being close to wake up.

((OOC: I'm back.))
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

What is it though, that you want me to try? Miles thought to Hubert.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

The Moon Howler wrote:Rex almost jumped out of his fur from the sudden yell. He did jump out of the bed though.
"What? When? How?" He asked quickly, turning around until he saw Mason "Oh, fiddlesticks, what time is it?" the GSD asked.
On the other side of the bed, Chris was still sleeping, giving no signs of even being close to wake up.
Sorry to scare you, but it's almost 7:15 we gotta get moving. So hurry up and get ready. Mason told Rex as he started to tap his foot. I don't want to rush you, but i don't like to be late.
Yes, I am a furry.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Since it is a coordinated effort, we better discuss it all together. There will be *no* room for mistakes, this time.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

So we'll need to wait until we can get Gage back over here. I think he'll want to hear what's going on from Buster before we bring him into our plans to stop it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

valerio wrote:<Then let us talk when we are there. Mortal Rena, I hope you have some time to spare for us and Janus.>
xhunterko wrote:Heh. Run away patient Miss Rena, and you seem to have some guests approaching. He thought to Rena.
<I hope you both know that if I was capable of it, I'd slap you both.> Rena thought to both Miles and Hubert as she went over to Duke to help him. "C'mon, if you're goin' to check the noise, it was prob'ly the store below, meanin' we'll need to go outside and down, since there's no stairs leadin' there from here." She said. <And Hubert, I have time to help Janus, but I have no idea who y'all are talkin' 'bout when you say "Us," so give me a moment so I'm not focusin' on too much.>
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And I, for the moment, am glad we aren't capapble of physical interaction, eh heh. Miles thought back to Rena.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

musclecar326 wrote:Sorry to scare you, but it's almost 7:15 we gotta get moving. So hurry up and get ready. Mason told Rex as he started to tap his foot. I don't want to rush you, but i don't like to be late.
Rex looked at his brother and shook his head. Then he looked at Mason.
"Go downstairs and wait me there. I'll be with you in 5, alright?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Alright. Mason said to Rex, then proceeded to walk down the stairs stopping by the door.
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke looked to see Rena come over and help him then explain, Duke gave a nod in agreement
"Alright. But is there something going on? Why would Miles say something like that?"
Duke had a concerned look as he stopped and looked at Rena, grateful for her help in everything but he waited for an answer, held in suspense of what could have caused Miles to say that.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert's voice responded to each of the presents, ghostly and not.
<To recap: this morning, Buster expressed his feelings for Janus. This caused a first contact between the twho halves of Janus. Consequently, not being ready for it, he blacked out. Buster tried to take advantage of the situation to further help the merging, but failed.
<Tonight is the last chance to succeed. Because if the personality split could go on indefinitely, Janus' body cannot handle the physical stress anymore. It will not be long before a stroke kills him. Now, again, who can I count on? There will be no room for doubts.>
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Marine Fox wrote:Duke looked to see Rena come over and help him then explain, Duke gave a nod in agreement
"Alright. But is there something going on? Why would Miles say something like that?"
Duke had a concerned look as he stopped and looked at Rena, grateful for her help in everything but he waited for an answer, held in suspense of what could have caused Miles to say that.
"I'll be honest, I don't want to know the details..." Rena said as she helped Duke to get down to the shop. It took a while, especially going down the stairs, but they managed to make it.

<If I get a headache, I'm takin' all my free time today to complain to both of you for it.> Rena thought to both Miles and Hubert, threatening them both with the strongest threat she could think of... Which, she found to be probably the single most pathetic threat she'd ever made in her life. "Sorry to keep y'all waitin'." Rena said as she led Duke along.
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Actually, your voice in my head constantly is almost as good as having you by my side constantly. Heh. Miles thought back to her.

As far as my comment earlier Duke, delving deep, really deep into the spirit realm and subconscious, even with good intentions, is dangerous for anyone involved, spirit and non-spirit alike. Which, is what I'll be helping Hubert with later. Miles thought to him.