HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"So... There's really nothing you two can do, despite being ghosts with magical powers and all?" Ray asks again.
"I'm still new to the ghost scene in the grand scheme of things," Tara explained. "I can only barely pick things up."
"Right. I forgot. Hey, where did Miles go?" Ray queries, looking around.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Right. I forgot. Hey, where did Miles go?" Ray queries, looking around.
"I am pleased to announce you that our friend finally passed through the heavenly gates. He is at peace, at last, though not lost forever should you be allowed to visit him one day."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"We know of a possibility" the fox replied , her voice seemingly a whisper in the wind , but still quite audible "Though the odds are against us , there will be those who wish to stop us from succeeding such task . When the time comes, we shall no longer able to avoid them." Then , her crimson eyes stared directly into the ferret's eyes "For a chance to start anew , will you help us ?"
Meri made Lilly drop the basket. "I will agree to stop my attempts to harm this human," she said. "and I agree to help with your plan. But if your plan fails, I can't make promises of what I won't do in anger. To the human or to you."
--------------
valerio wrote:"Oh. We call them, enemies. Or food. but...owners?" His expression darkened. "You too have an...owner? Are you some slave?"
"Well, some people see us that way, whether they agree with it or not," Buster explained. "But in Janus' and my situations, we're treated more like their children, which is why we call them parents."
------------
ShadowLightning wrote:"Mmm... I suppose that'll have to do." Silver shrugged, walking along side Mikan as they entered inside the cafe. It was pretty empty, besides a couple of unfamiliar humans eating and chatting.

The husky stepped forward to the cashier, waving over to the human standing in front of it. "Um, hello..." He said in a soft voice, unsure if he had gotten his attention.

(Should I play the cashier person or does someone else do that?)
Hello and welcome. How can I help you today?" the server at the front asked, indicating the menu behind her. it had several pastries and baked goods, some coffee and juice options, plus a few small sandwiches.
----------
valerio wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Right. I forgot. Hey, where did Miles go?" Ray queries, looking around.
"I am pleased to announce you that our friend finally passed through the heavenly gates. He is at peace, at last, though not lost forever should you be allowed to visit him one day."
"that can happen so suddenly?" Tara asked surprised, and slightly worried. "No chance to say goodbye?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Silver looked up to the menu, looking through the various pastries listed. "Hmmm... I'll have a blueberry scone, please." He turned towards Mikan. "Did you want something too?"
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aw. I barely got to know him. He seemed cool. I'll... I'll miss him." Ray admits, swallowing hard.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well, some people see us that way, whether they agree with it or not," Buster explained. "But in Janus' and my situations, we're treated more like their children, which is why we call them parents."
The wolfdog rolled his eyes. "Should any of this be heard to my people, I'd bettah move here f'rever...Ouch, migraine," He yawned and sniffed at the bed. "Guess I'll...sleep here, if it's alright. Perhaps by t'morrow Janus'll be back. Again, thank you for your generosity."
Hlaoroo wrote:"that can happen so suddenly?" Tara asked surprised, and slightly worried. "No chance to say goodbye?"
"He had been longing for his own peace for much too long. It can be quite stressful, even for a lost soul, to be denied entrance through the heavenly gates."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Aw. I barely got to know him. He seemed cool. I'll... I'll miss him." Ray admits, swallowing hard.
"Heaven is more flexible than you think. Given some time, he may be allowed to visit you all."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena stands dead at the realization that Miles had been separated and effectively lost to her for what could be forever... and then takes a deep breath. "Ah hope you're right about Miles..." the shiba inu says, ears flat against her head.

<If somethin' needed a fighter's touch, ah'd handle it myself. Ah want to know how you plan to handle this possession, an how ah might help.>

She looks up at the old, abandoned building seated in the woods before them, fighting to choke back tears.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Can... Can he be at peace knowing Lilly is still in danger though?" Ray queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Can... Can he be at peace knowing Lilly is still in danger though?" Ray queries.
"The Heavenly Sphere works in a different fashion, when it comes to...priorities, mortal. Take time, for instance: it runs in quite a different fashion, and for all your friend knows, what is happening now has been resolved already. He may know the outcome of this venture while you still are working a way around it. Exactly as I know that already."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The wolfdog rolled his eyes. "Should any of this be heard to my people, I'd bettah move here f'rever...Ouch, migraine," He yawned and sniffed at the bed. "Guess I'll...sleep here, if it's alright. Perhaps by t'morrow Janus'll be back. Again, thank you for your generosity."
"It's not my generosity," Buster corrected. "It's Janus'. I can't say that I'd have been as selfless if it were my decision. but you're lucky it was his and I'm lucky to have him as a boyfriend. make yourself at home, I'll let his mom know so she isn't surprised. and... if you don't mind I'd like to stay here too, so I can be here when he comes back."
-----------
ShadowLightning wrote:Silver looked up to the menu, looking through the various pastries listed. "Hmmm... I'll have a blueberry scone, please." He turned towards Mikan. "Did you want something too?"
"No thanks, I'm not hungry," the otter answered.
"alright, one blueberry scone, that'll be $2.00. will that be all? would you like anything to drink?"
------------
valerio wrote:"The Heavenly Sphere works in a different fashion, when it comes to...priorities, mortal. Take time, for instance: it runs in quite a different fashion, and for all your friend knows, what is happening now has been resolved already. He may know the outcome of this venture while you still are working a way around it. Exactly as I know that already."
"If he knew it would turn out badly, would he be able to return? Is the fact that he isn't here proof that we'll save her?" Tara asked, before noticing Rena struggling. "Or maybe we should... change topics, and trust that he's in a better place. Are you going to be okay, Rena?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"It's not my generosity," Buster corrected. "It's Janus'. I can't say that I'd have been as selfless if it were my decision. but you're lucky it was his and I'm lucky to have him as a boyfriend. make yourself at home, I'll let his mom know so she isn't surprised. and... if you don't mind I'd like to stay here too, so I can be here when he comes back."
Haq nodded and sat down against the wall. It didn't feel right to use his host's bed -it was custom, among his kind, that without explicit consent, that was a grave offense. And he was used to lay himself against hard surfaces...
Haq also wanted to explain Buster that he actually owed a debt of gratitude to him as well: As mate of Janus, he had the right of denying the pet's offer, or at least protesting against it... But he felt tired, so tired. Or, at least, it was Janus' body that felt tired, and Haq hadn't the right to abuse it--*
he had drifted into a dreamless sleep before even realizing it...
ShadowLightning

"If you say so..." Silver turned back towards the cashier, handing the money over to them. "No thanks, I'm good."
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray's ears tilt back somewhat too as his attention is diverted to Rena by Tara. He puts his arm around the little dog and produces a tissue from his collar, offering it to her. Pushing back his own feelings, he wills himself to stay strong for his friends here - there'll be time for grief later.
"Um... S-so... What do we do now?" he asks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The shiba inu regards his paw for a moment before gently pushing it away. "... Guess we start callin' this place the old haunt if Miles ain't around." She shakes herself, then turns to Tara. "So... I know you were with us the whole walk out here through the woods, but when'd you join us?" she asks, leaning forward an sniffing some... only to fold her ears back. "O' course..."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"very well" the vixen nodded "If you wish , meet us tonight at the heart of the woods, we could give you a way to contact us should the need arise, but the choice is yours" she said, then walked away
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Recognising that the moment has passed, Ray drops his paw and puts the tissue back into his collar. He stands quietly by the little dog, awaiting guidance from Tara or Hubert.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Recognising that the moment has passed, Ray drops his paw and puts the tissue back into his collar. He stands quietly by the little dog, awaiting guidance from Tara or Hubert.
"If your problem is to set your friend free from the unrest bear's presence, have you considered just...humoring her?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"... How? What's to say the bear, you said? What's to say she would listen to us or let us help and not just hurt Lilly? And if we were to humour her what if she tries to make us do something illegal or something to put us in danger?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"... How? What's to say the bear, you said? What's to say she would listen to us or let us help and not just hurt Lilly? And if we were to humour her what if she tries to make us do something illegal or something to put us in danger?"
"Well, in my long experience with entities like her, one thing is to be learnt: Listen. Surely that will not hurt, whereas lingering in doubt will only increase the danger to your friend's soul."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Well, in my long experience with entities like her, one thing is to be learnt: Listen. Surely that will not hurt, whereas lingering in doubt will only increase the danger to your friend's soul."
"I understand protecting her soul, but what about danger to her body?" Tara asked. "As used to being a ghost as i am, I'd still prefer to have a body to go back to."
----------
Serence Frostbite wrote:"very well" the vixen nodded "If you wish , meet us tonight at the heart of the woods, we could give you a way to contact us should the need arise, but the choice is yours" she said, then walked away
Meri just watched as the fox left. She had no idea how it would happen, but she'd been given a chance to protect her cubs again. to see them grow. or at least hope. she would not miss that meeting. but... she had no idea what to do in the meantime.
----------
ShadowLightning wrote:"If you say so..." Silver turned back towards the cashier, handing the money over to them. "No thanks, I'm good."
"alright, here you go," the cashier said, taking the money and giving Silver the scone. "have a great evening"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ShadowLightning

Silver nodded to the cashier with a friendly smile. "Thanks, you too."

He walked over to a nearby empty table and sat down on the chair. "I hope you don't mind." He turned to Mikan. "I... can't really eat while standing or walking. The food just kinda... never mind." The husky smiled sheepishly, taking a small bite of his scone, relishing the nice taste.
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I understand protecting her soul, but what about danger to her body?" Tara asked. "As used to being a ghost as i am, I'd still prefer to have a body to go back to."
"I could help with that. You will still have to address the entity, but I can offer you a reinforcement. All you have to do is...pray."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"I could help with that. You will still have to address the entity, but I can offer you a reinforcement. All you have to do is...pray."
"wait...Pray?" Tara questioned. "to... you?"
-----------
ShadowLightning wrote:Silver nodded to the cashier with a friendly smile. "Thanks, you too."

He walked over to a nearby empty table and sat down on the chair. "I hope you don't mind." He turned to Mikan. "I... can't really eat while standing or walking. The food just kinda... never mind." The husky smiled sheepishly, taking a small bite of his scone, relishing the nice taste.
"It's no problem," the otter replied, sitting down with Silver. "We don't exactly have a destination in mind."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
valerio wrote:"I could help with that. You will still have to address the entity, but I can offer you a reinforcement. All you have to do is...pray."
"wait...Pray?" Tara questioned. "to... you?"
Hubert nodded. "Far as fate and celestial rules are concerned, I *am* a divinity, and that is why i cannot just act out of my own whim, when mortal affairs are involved. I can grant a boon to my worshippers, though, if a proper ceremonial is involved, during which you will put your faith in me and me only. You mortals do that, and I can help. Otherwise, I can only watch as long as the crisis does not precipitate to a point where even my intervention will not affect the damage done."
ShadowLightning

"Mmhmm." Silver nodded, taking another bite of his scone. A couple of minutes of silence fell between them. The husky's mind wandered from things to talk about, thinking maybe he should try to strike up a conversation with the otter.

Though by the time he finally did think of something, he had already finished eating his scone. "Oh... all gone." He brushed the crumbs off him. He was about to say something but forgot again. This sometimes happens whenever he's eating. His mind wanders so much he's forgotten what he's doing.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"... I'm sorry... Are you saying that if we need you to help us we have to give up whatever faith we might have in whatever other deity we might believe in? I-isn't that a bit selfish? I mean, if you're a god, why do you have to follow rules? And why penalise people just for not praying to you instead of some other god?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"... I'm sorry... Are you saying that if we need you to help us we have to give up whatever faith we might have in whatever other deity we might believe in? I-isn't that a bit selfish? I mean, if you're a god, why do you have to follow rules? And why penalise people just for not praying to you instead of some other god?"
"It's not selfishness: These 'rules' are vital in order to keep a balance in reality itself. Imagine, every deity realizing all wishes of all mortals, from the purest heart, to the most wicked souls: Chaos would only start to describe such a tableau.
"That is why a god must have its own followers, those who truly believe, those who will gladly give it their lives and souls in return of its favors. It's a two-way bond, without which, *then* it is just a selfish act. Some deities forgot that, they take their followers for granted, but not me. You give me your faith, down to the core of your soul, and I will be yours just as you shall be mine."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"It's not selfishness: These 'rules' are vital in order to keep a balance in reality itself. Imagine, every deity realizing all wishes of all mortals, from the purest heart, to the most wicked souls: Chaos would only start to describe such a tableau.
"That is why a god must have its own followers, those who truly believe, those who will gladly give it their lives and souls in return of its favors. It's a two-way bond, without which, *then* it is just a selfish act. Some deities forgot that, they take their followers for granted, but not me. You give me your faith, down to the core of your soul, and I will be yours just as you shall be mine."
"Well I guess we have the belief down, at least as far as your existence," Tara said. "But, I don't exactly have a life to give, and my soul is all I have. Does a ghost prayer actually work? isn't that kind of late to try to get in good with a god?"
------
ShadowLightning wrote:"Mmhmm." Silver nodded, taking another bite of his scone. A couple of minutes of silence fell between them. The husky's mind wandered from things to talk about, thinking maybe he should try to strike up a conversation with the otter.

Though by the time he finally did think of something, he had already finished eating his scone. "Oh... all gone." He brushed the crumbs off him. He was about to say something but forgot again. This sometimes happens whenever he's eating. His mind wanders so much he's forgotten what he's doing.
"Was that enough for you?" Mikan asked. "You won't be getting dizzy again will you?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ShadowLightning

Silver nodded. "It'll do. I don't wanna spoil my appetite for dinner." He looked out the window, fiddling with his paws. "So..." He turned back towards Mikan. "What do we do now?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I guess... So... If you're real and other gods are real like you say... Are all gods real?" Ray queries.
"I'm sorry. This is just the first time I've stopped to think about this and it's a lot to take in..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well I guess we have the belief down, at least as far as your existence," Tara said. "But, I don't exactly have a life to give, and my soul is all I have. Does a ghost prayer actually work? isn't that kind of late to try to get in good with a god?"
"Soul is the core of giving. the purpose of giving oneself to one's god is the soul-offering. One's mortal body will define how one's actions will define the sincerity of said offer, but in the end it comes to the soul. Give yourself to me as you are, and since you are bonded to this plane already, it will suffice. But again, you must understand you are running a risk, and that you are willing to run *any* risk for your friend and this place."
Hlaoroo wrote:"I guess... So... If you're real and other gods are real like you say... Are all gods real?" Ray queries.
"I'm sorry. This is just the first time I've stopped to think about this and it's a lot to take in..."
Hubert nodded, smiling at him. "Of course it is, I did not expect it otherwise. And yes, all gods are real: only, many of them lost their influence on this world due to the...disappearance of their believers. Others are just adapting to their return, like Anubis, despite the shift in his adorers. And there are the new gods, like that Flying Spaghetti Monster. Admittedly, he knows how to party."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Soul is the core of giving. the purpose of giving oneself to one's god is the soul-offering. One's mortal body will define how one's actions will define the sincerity of said offer, but in the end it comes to the soul. Give yourself to me as you are, and since you are bonded to this plane already, it will suffice. But again, you must understand you are running a risk, and that you are willing to run *any* risk for your friend and this place."
"I'm sorry, I'm not willing to risk my afterlife for anyone but Buster," Tara said coldly. "And while I respect your power, I'm not willing to give myself over so freely."
-------
ShadowLightning wrote:Silver nodded. "It'll do. I don't wanna spoil my appetite for dinner." He looked out the window, fiddling with his paws. "So..." He turned back towards Mikan. "What do we do now?"
"Well, we may be able to take a self-guided version of that tour from earlier," Mikan suggested. "Though that would likely not be as in depth."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm sorry, I'm not willing to risk my afterlife for anyone but Buster," Tara said coldly. "And while I respect your power, I'm not willing to give myself over so freely."
The tiny dragon just nodded. "So be it. You have made your choice of your own free will. Will anyone else make this offer?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"... I'm sorry. I can't. Not yet anyway. I need more time to think... How can all gods be real when so many religions are mutually exclusive? And I know several that would say you're not a god but a demonic or evil spirit. You don't seem like you are but how could I know? I'm only mortal..." The grey cat sounds deeply confused.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"... I'm sorry. I can't. Not yet anyway. I need more time to think... How can all gods be real when so many religions are mutually exclusive? And I know several that would say you're not a god but a demonic or evil spirit. You don't seem like you are but how could I know? I'm only mortal..." The grey cat sounds deeply confused.
The tiny dragon smiled kindly at him. "Doubt is part of the choice. I would be worried should you choose out of blind faith, for that is the path to fanatism and perdition. You and only you must decide. I have, literally, all the time in the universes at my disposal."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Universes... Plural? How many are there?" Ray queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Universes... Plural? How many are there?" Ray queries.
"As infinite as time diverges with every decision made at any instant by every living being in this universe, from the unicellular life to the most complex, including the divinities. Just as you mortals decided not to offer your souls to me, many divergent universes were born where you indeed took this decision, some of you only, and so on. Multiverse is but an immense flow of chances, of things that could've been -but each one of them as real as your own reality. A flow that eventually will come to an end when Entropy will claim the final prize: the end of life and the thermal death of each Universe."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh. So the multiverse theory is right! Awesome!" Ray grins. "So what about quantum string theory and quantum loop theory? Which of those should we be researching? Huh. But wait. What about after we die? Is there a heaven for each universe? Or does everyone go to the same one? And if so... I wonder what it would be like to meet myself..." Ray is clearly beginning to enjoy himself. He might not understand all the nuances of quantum theory but he enjoys watching documentaries on it and other science subjects from time to time.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Huh. So the multiverse theory is right! Awesome!" Ray grins. "So what about quantum string theory and quantum loop theory? Which of those should we be researching? Huh. But wait. What about after we die? Is there a heaven for each universe? Or does everyone go to the same one? And if so... I wonder what it would be like to meet myself..." Ray is clearly beginning to enjoy himself. He might not understand all the nuances of quantum theory but he enjoys watching documentaries on it and other science subjects from time to time.
"The Infinite Realm of the Afterlife is one and only, and as such it comprises every soul coming from every mortal plane in its ramifications. Having it no boundaries, this makes difficult for one soul to meet its own doppelganger, but not impossible. As a matter of fact, every single soul can have its own subrealm at disposal to be transformed in what that soul desires."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well, as interesting as this all is," Tara interrupted "Are you sure it's not a bad thing for Ray and Rena to learn this before their time?"
Tara had realized Rena had been quiet for a while... or that she'd possibly ignored her cause she was distracted. "Sorry if we've kind of ignored you, Rena."

(OOC:sorry leaf, I somehow didn't realize Rena's asked a question and I didn't think to look back til now)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets