HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Leafolawl wrote:Rena stumbles in place a bit, then starts growling as she holds her head. "Ah am not done." She stands, glancing around and sniffing. "Yeah, it was. And if ah could, ah'd kick his ghostly little keester back into whatever afterlife he was in." She winces. "Stupid headache..."
"Come on" Duke called , already heading out "We gotta get back there, that wolf will hurt everyone"
Hlaoroo wrote:Ray's head jerks upwards at the sound of that voice.
"Mi- Pbbbt" he spits out a leaf blown into his mouth by the shockwave.
"Miles! You're back!" he grins, pleased to see his friend again. His arm is still protectively over Lilly though.
"Don't go around giving out your friends' name kiddo, you don't know how bad it can gets at times" the wolf said, giving Ray a smirk before turning her attention back to the cat "So Miles, fond of humans?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles waved a paw.

"Ffft, humans. I ain't none too worried about them. They'll be fine. SOMEONE honest well meaning fool SOMEWHERE is doing SOMETHING stupid about the little problem right about now and the humans and everyone will be fine and hunky dory and everyone'll live happily ever after," Miles said, then he grinned at the she-wolf, "YOU won't. Lemme guess. Mercenary? Want to live puppy?" The faintest hint of a shimmer like a spider's web glistened around Miles and the she-wolf.

Hey Rena, sorry hon. But yes, you WERE done, I'll take care of the wolf and no one will get hurt. NOT even the wolf. If you'd been more of a problem she'd a killed ya easy. If ya wanna help, see if Hubert will let you and give you a boon. Nice to see you again too. Miles thought to her, adding a little winking face at the end.

Hey Ray! Nice to see ya! Kinda busy right now trying to keep you guys from getting killed though.
Miles thought to Ray.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Right. What do you need from us? Ray thinks back at Miles, feeling Lilly shaking under his arm. And can you reassure Lilly somehow? I don't know what to tell her since no one has told me anything.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

<Ya think ah ain't done that? Ah'm just waitin' for him to get aroun' to it,> she shoots back, running up next to Duke. "Ain't no time ta sniff if out. Y'all remember the way back to town, right?"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:Miles waved a paw.

"Ffft, humans. I ain't none too worried about them. They'll be fine. SOMEONE honest well meaning fool SOMEWHERE is doing SOMETHING stupid about the little problem right about now and the humans and everyone will be fine and hunky dory and everyone'll live happily ever after," Miles said, then he grinned at the she-wolf, "YOU won't. Lemme guess. Mercenary? Want to live puppy?" The faintest hint of a shimmer like a spider's web glistened around Miles and the she-wolf.
"Someone....some....little..." the wolf stuttered, trying desperately to hold back a laugh, but eventually just gave up, facepawed and giggled to herself for a few seconds before she regained her composure, no longer bothered to point her weapons at Miles.
"Oh man......yeah that's why I still put up with you angels for this long." she said, still smiling.
"yeah, I suppose mercenary is a good way to put it...... Thing is, Miles , in my line of work, there is no "happy ever after", someone always has to die" she shrugged "That's just the way things are, what ya gonna do, ya know?"
Leafolawl wrote:<Ya think ah ain't done that? Ah'm just waitin' for him to get aroun' to it,> she shoots back, running up next to Duke. "Ain't no time ta sniff if out. Y'all remember the way back to town, right?"
"I do, this way" Duke replied, ran ahead to lead the way "Just go straight ahead, we'll be back there in around 5 minutes"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Someone....some....little..." the wolf stuttered, trying desperately to hold back a laugh, but eventually just gave up, facepawed and giggled to herself for a few seconds before she regained her composure, no longer bothered to point her weapons at Miles.
"Oh man......yeah that's why I still put up with you angels for this long." she said, still smiling.
"yeah, I suppose mercenary is a good way to put it...... Thing is, Miles , in my line of work, there is no "happy ever after", someone always has to die" she shrugged "That's just the way things are, what ya gonna do, ya know?"
Tara regained her composure after... some time. alright, she was over the surprise, now she should probably help... oh hey, Miles is here.
"You know death isn't that bad a fate." she said to the wolf. "I've done it to protect a friend once, I feel I could sacrifice my death, too."
hey Miles, can you do anything about those guns? I could probably take her physically... ethereally? If those weren't in the way.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Rena, give me ten minutes please? Miles thought to her.

Don't worry Tara, I got this, I hope. Miles thought to Tara. Keeping his thoughts on a tight, narrow band.

"Oh come now, what talk is that? Still though I want you to leave my friends alone, so," Miles said, letting go of the bag revealing the contents to be, a shiny white, almost golden silvery white box. It seemed lighter then what it looked like. Miles flipped it like a coin. Tossed it between his hands like a basketball. Rolled it back and forth across his shoulders. Spun it around on his index finger. Before palming it, holding it out to the she-wolf.

"Can you be bribed away?" He asked with a sly grin.

Just stay back for now and preferably someplace safe. You COULD also TRY to delay Rena for me. :) Miles thought to Ray.
Last edited by xhunterko on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Tara regained her composure after... some time. alright, she was over the surprise, now she should probably help... oh hey, Miles is here.
"You know death isn't that bad a fate." she said to the wolf. "I've done it to protect a friend once, I feel I could sacrifice my death, too."
"Death's price is not paid by the fallen, but by those who were left behind" the wolf replied, her teasing gaze seemingly pierced into Tara's mind, her voice like a playful whisper right next to Tara's ears "imagine that very moment, but instead of your friend, you were the one powerless to stop their end, an end they met to save your life, a life that for all you know, would forever be without them. All those choices you made in life led to that moment, the consequence of your action, with you not the one paying the price" , then, just as sudden as it began, the wolf's voice returned to normal, as she turned to face Miles again.
"perhaps you should ask your friend how that felt, he could explain it better" she finished with a grind
xhunterko wrote: "Oh come now, what talk is that? Still though I want you to leave my friends alone, so," Miles said, letting go of the bag revealing the contents to be, a shiny white, almost golden silvery white box. It seemed lighter then what it looked like. Miles flipped it like a coin. Tossed it between his hands like a basketball. Rolled it back and forth across his shoulders. Spun it around on his index finger. Before palming it, holding it out to the she-wolf.

"Can you be bribed away?" He asked with a sly grin.
"well..........I mean you could bribe me to consider it" she answered, reaching for the box
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Gentlemortals, are you all ready to do your part, now?> asked the aethereal creature.
The monstrous chimera nodded. "Anytime. Levi? As planned, remember? It's all in the speed. If you can't make it, nobody can.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Death's price is not paid by the fallen, but by those who were left behind" the wolf replied, her teasing gaze seemingly pierced into Tara's mind, her voice like a playful whisper right next to Tara's ears "imagine that very moment, but instead of your friend, you were the one powerless to stop their end, an end they met to save your life, a life that for all you know, would forever be without them. All those choices you made in life led to that moment, the consequence of your action, with you not the one paying the price" , then, just as sudden as it began, the wolf's voice returned to normal, as she turned to face Miles again.
"perhaps you should ask your friend how that felt, he could explain it better" she finished with a grind
"Oh no, I know I messed him up pretty bad," Tara said, admitting her "heroic sacrifice" was pretty ill-conceived and selfish. "It's why I'm still here until I'm certain he's gotten back on track."
valerio wrote:<Gentlemortals, are you all ready to do your part, now?> asked the aethereal creature.
The monstrous chimera nodded. "Anytime. Levi? As planned, remember? It's all in the speed. If you can't make it, nobody can.>
Buster looked on, slightly worried and upset that once again a loved one was going off to save him while he could do nothing... two loved ones if you count his cousin. However the fact this was also saving the rest of the world made him feel a bit less guilty.

Levi focused on his task. he took a deep breath to get into the zone before opening the door to the lantern.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"And off we go!" the chimera roared, throwing her/himself in first!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

the cat exited the portal at the target destination, not hesitating to enact the plan. He saw the lantern he was after and grabbed it, preparing to deliver it to where it needed to go.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

xhunterko wrote: Just stay back for now and preferably someplace safe. You COULD also TRY to delay Rena for me. :) Miles thought to Ray.
All right. Er... Where did Rena go? Ray is unaware that Miles had teleported her away.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena grimaces, trying to ignore the throbbing in her head as she dodges around a tree. "Been waitin' on that, Hubert. Bring it on!" the shiba calls out, following on the fox's heels.
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc:If she messes with the box, the trap triggers. Or if she draws it close to her face all Miles has to do is snap his fingers. It ALSO triggers if she tries to destroy it. OR stash it away.

Maybe a second prayer would help.
Miles thought to Rena.

My gracious lord, Hubert, Rena would like to help with the situation. Can you give her some part in it please your excellency? Miles prayed to Hubert.

I teleported her out to the woods. She's headed this way quickly. Miles thought to Ray.

Miles smiled towards the she-wolf and spun the box towards her paw.

"What do you think it is, I'm curious to know," Miles said to her, "Tap it, touch it, sniff it. Try to figure it out. I wager you can't. It's not made of earthly goods."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Taking the cue, Ray pulls Lilly to her feet and drags her stumbling in the direction of Rena's voice.
"Rena! Can you help me get Lilly someplace safe? You know the area best!" The poor ferret looks confused, disoriented and worried.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:
Miles smiled towards the she-wolf and spun the box towards her paw.

"What do you think it is, I'm curious to know," Miles said to her, "Tap it, touch it, sniff it. Try to figure it out. I wager you can't. It's not made of earthly goods."
"I can tell" the wolf smirked, catching the box "but i'm sure you can agree, sniffing and messing with a trap is not a good way to stay alive"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:the cat exited the portal at the target destination, not hesitating to enact the plan. He saw the lantern he was after and grabbed it, preparing to deliver it to where it needed to go.
The lantern was laying on the ground where Serenade was, still gently glow.
" well that's not good" The wolf said, catching sight of the cat grabbing the lantern.
Leafolawl wrote:Rena grimaces, trying to ignore the throbbing in her head as she dodges around a tree. "Been waitin' on that, Hubert. Bring it on!" the shiba calls out, following on the fox's heels.
"There they are!" Duke shouted, jumping out from a bush and came face to face with the wolf again
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*ZSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP*

And with a snap, clap, and shut, the she wolf was gone! In her place, a glowing white box.

Miles couldn't help but giggle to himself.

He eventually picked it up, spun it, placed it in between his paws with both of them being flat, chanted something, and the box disappeared.

He giggled more.

I REALLY hope you like pink skies, eh heh heh. He thought to the she wolf as the box left.

Provided no one released her (a bad sign), the box failed (another bad sign), he had somehow missed(impossible and another bad sign), she would be sustained in that box for at least four years. UNLESS she swore off her target. In which case, she'd have to step out of the box in her nothing but her fur. AND if she wanted her stuff back, she'd have to take it out piece by piece. Again, provided she'd lay off him, heaven, or his friends.

He stood there chuckling to himself.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:*ZSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP*

And with a snap, clap, and shut, the she wolf was gone! In her place, a glowing white box.

Miles couldn't help but giggle to himself.

He eventually picked it up, spun it, placed it in between his paws with both of them being flat, chanted something, and the box disappeared.

He giggled more.

I REALLY hope you like pink skies, eh heh heh. He thought to the she wolf as the box left.

Provided no one released her (a bad sign), the box failed (another bad sign), he had somehow missed(impossible and another bad sign), she would be sustained in that box for at least four years. UNLESS she swore off her target. In which case, she'd have to step out of the box in her nothing but her fur. AND if she wanted her stuff back, she'd have to take it out piece by piece. Again, provided she'd lay off him, heaven, or his friends.

He stood there chuckling to himself.
Duke arrived just in time to see the wolf seemingly vanished. Still panting like mad, the fox approached the familiar phantom cat
"Miles? is that you? It's you isn't it? what happened ? where did that wolf go? Where is Serenade?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena stares at the place where the wolf was for a brief moment, panting slightly. "Well... y'all have one thing right... We need ya somewhere safer than here," the dog says as she turns to face Ray and Lilly. "Safest spot'd probably be the station, or my place with Ma'. Sure we could do some mix an' match with the doomsday pamphlets."
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Right. Lead the way, Rena." Ray nods.
"Doomsday pamphlets? Meep!" Lilly barely has time to think before she's dragged off again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:the cat exited the portal at the target destination, not hesitating to enact the plan. He saw the lantern he was after and grabbed it, preparing to deliver it to where it needed to go.
This seemed easier than expected. With no time to lose, the cat entered another portal to the lantern's final destination: the highest point in town. he set it in place.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Honestly Duke, I've no idea at this point," Miles says to him.

"Your place might be better Rena, I don't think the station would appreciate a visitor from heaven, heh," Miles said, then he looked at her, "Hey, Rena?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: This seemed easier than expected. With no time to lose, the cat entered another portal to the lantern's final destination: the highest point in town. he set it in place.
The lantern glowed brighter and brighter, until its misty radiance coalesced into the form of an arctic fox, his back facing the cat, a simple tribal loincloth around his waist and a wooden javelin in his hand.
"think of peace, and brace yourself, traveler" the fox's voice echoed in the cat's mind.
Seconds later, a haunting howl came from somewhere deep in the woods, accompanied by winds so strong it threatened to blow the cat away should he failed to keep his balance. High above, strips of crimson shades snaked across the afternoon sky.
Images crept their ways into the cat's mind, none were his own,yet let him experienced all the sensations their owner once did: the thrill of stalking a prey, the rush of fighting another predator, and the tantalizing taste of power, of dominance, of life itself as their prey laid below them, one among many that was yet to come.
Leafolawl wrote:Rena stares at the place where the wolf was for a brief moment, panting slightly. "Well... y'all have one thing right... We need ya somewhere safer than here," the dog says as she turns to face Ray and Lilly. "Safest spot'd probably be the station, or my place with Ma'. Sure we could do some mix an' match with the doomsday pamphlets."
xhunterko wrote:"Honestly Duke, I've no idea at this point," Miles says to him.

"Your place might be better Rena, I don't think the station would appreciate a visitor from heaven, heh," Miles said, then he looked at her, "Hey, Rena?"
"You guys go ahead, I can't just leave Serenade out there, she could barely walk just now" Duke said, right before he heard the howl, only to turn around and realized a wall of blood red fog was rapidly approaching them from between the trees
"guys? what is that?" he asked, a little taken aback
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena glances over towards Duke—very desperately avoiding eye contact with Miles—and starts moving towards Ray and Lily as she notices the strange red fog. "Ah ain't sure, but we'll address that after we get those we already got to safety. Ah'll help you find Serenade then, but first we walk an' talk. Okay?"

<Hubert, I might need that help soon.>
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray freezes briefly in shock as the fog rolls towards him but then the adrenaline kicks in and he scoops up the ferret.
"RENA! GO! GO! GO!" he yells, bolting towards the dog.

All Lilly can do is wrap her arms around the cat and hold on.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Leafolawl wrote:Rena glances over towards Duke—very desperately avoiding eye contact with Miles—and starts moving towards Ray and Lily as she notices the strange red fog. "Ah ain't sure, but we'll address that after we get those we already got to safety. Ah'll help you find Serenade then, but first we walk an' talk. Okay?"

Hlaoroo wrote:Ray freezes briefly in shock as the fog rolls towards him but then the adrenaline kicks in and he scoops up the ferret.
"RENA! GO! GO! GO!" he yells, bolting towards the dog.

All Lilly can do is wrap her arms around the cat and hold on.
Duke cursed under his breath and also ran when he saw the fog rapidly picking up speed after crossing the trees
"TO THE TOWN, HURRY" he yelled

"your friends have the right idea, little one" the wolf's voice echoed in Miles' mind.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Leafolawl wrote:Rena glances over towards Duke—very desperately avoiding eye contact with Miles—and starts moving towards Ray and Lily as she notices the strange red fog. "Ah ain't sure, but we'll address that after we get those we already got to safety. Ah'll help you find Serenade then, but first we walk an' talk. Okay?"

<Anytime, my child. This is the moment to ask.>
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena pushes Ray in the direction of the town. "Ah live next door Ray, keep goin'!" she directs, keeping back to point Duke after the cat and ferret. "Hubert, if there were any time for it, five minutes ago would have been grand! Please can we do whatever it is, now?!"
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Good thing I am not my friends eh? Miles thinks back to the wolf. He pockets the cube where a pants pocket would be.

"You guys go I'll try and distract it!" He says, stepping in between them and the cloud. Creating a shield wall around them.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Right! The bookshop!" Ray remembers. "I hope Nettie has a storm shelter!" Spurred on by adrenaline it doesn't take the cat long to leave the forest and enter the main street. He glances back as he runs to make sure Rena and the foxes are following and stumbles slightly on a gutter.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: This seemed easier than expected. With no time to lose, the cat entered another portal to the lantern's final destination: the highest point in town. he set it in place.
The lantern glowed brighter and brighter, until its misty radiance coalesced into the form of an arctic fox, his back facing the cat, a simple tribal loincloth around his waist and a wooden javelin in his hand.
"think of peace, and brace yourself, traveler" the fox's voice echoed in the cat's mind.
Seconds later, a haunting howl came from somewhere deep in the woods, accompanied by winds so strong it threatened to blow the cat away should he failed to keep his balance. High above, strips of crimson shades snaked across the afternoon sky.
Images crept their ways into the cat's mind, none were his own,yet let him experienced all the sensations their owner once did: the thrill of stalking a prey, the rush of fighting another predator, and the tantalizing taste of power, of dominance, of life itself as their prey laid below them, one among many that was yet to come.
The cat didn't seem to budge at the gust, as if he weighed more than a small cat should. The mental images broke the cat's focus. the portal faltered... and the bearwolf's disguise fell. Janus was troubled by the predatory feelings, remembering his time spent powerless to the Hunter, while the feelingsa of dominance reminded Meri of her abandoned quest for revenge. "Close the portal, your job is done," they shouted. and the portal closed completely.
back in Janus's Room, Levi was holding his head trying to shake away the strange feelings. it wasn't as strong or clear for him as the force didn't travel through the portal well, but it still wasn't right. "that was weird. I hope they win."

"you should go back and be with your parents, in case they don't."
"I could say the same to you. I'm gonna stick around in case they need me again."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:Good thing I am not my friends eh? Miles thinks back to the wolf. He pockets the cube where a pants pocket would be.

"You guys go I'll try and distract it!" He says, stepping in between them and the cloud. Creating a shield wall around them.
"Or are you?" the wolf mocked
"Miles! What are you doing?! Get outta there!" Duke called from a little further away, seeing the fog coming right at his cat friend.
Soon the fog was crashing against the shield wall. Miles could feel the force of impact, the power behind the fog, its immense power, its unending ferocity. Yet, despite all that, it can’t seem to break through the wall, merely reeling back and repeatedly crashing against the wall, like waves of a raging ocean against a cliff.

Perhaps Miles WAS right, after all none of his friends can possibly do what he was doing, not even himself could have done this in the past, but he was different now. As an angel, he now has the strength to fight back whatever evil threatens his friends, whether it was a flimsy fog or some monsters lurking within.

“But why stop there?” a thought slipped into his mind. Why wait for the enemies to come for him? Especially since the world is on the line. He could instead take care of this fog at its source, along with all the monsters that he somehow knew were lurking in the dark under those branches.
But what then? After things are back to normal, he surely couldn’t stay, and even if he could, he could never truly be with the one he cares most about. Yet, perhaps he could do something about that too. Something told him, with utmost certainty, that deep in the heart of the forest laid the both the source of the fog, and a power beyond any mortal’s imagination, ready to serve whoever claims it. It could either be one of the fog’s hundreds of beasts, each driven by their own maddening, selfish desires, or Miles, an angel, who knew much better and would never use it for evil. Perhaps he could use it to make things better, for everyone, for his past self, for his mom, and his would-have-been mate. If he weren’t a sickly cat back then, perhaps things could have been better, the accident wouldn’t have happened, and he would have had a happy life. But should he change what already happened? Perhaps he could use that power here, now, a second chance, a second life, with the new friends that he made, and perhaps, even a new family.

The journey into the fog won’t be easy, but the beasts were a danger that must be addressed, and he’s more than capable of dealing with them. Besides, what treasure doesn’t require a harsh journey?

All he had to do, was let go of the shield, ready to be the last one standing in the greatest hunt for the greatest of treasures
Then, enter
The
Fog.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: The cat didn't seem to budge at the gust, as if he weighed more than a small cat should. The mental images broke the cat's focus. the portal faltered... and the bearwolf's disguise fell. Janus was troubled by the predatory feelings, remembering his time spent powerless to the Hunter, while the feelingsa of dominance reminded Meri of her abandoned quest for revenge. "Close the portal, your job is done," they shouted. and the portal closed completely.
Both Janus’s and Buster’s minds are filled with memories, of the dogs that almost killed Janus, of the wolf that killed Tara. Buster’s years of heartbreak, the Hunter, the start of the chain reaction that eventually led to both of those things was simple: they were weak back then. Of course, by each others’ side they’re stronger than ever.

“But how can either of them be certain that this would last?”, a sudden thought crept into their minds. An immense power, enough to threaten the world, laid within that forest. If they could hold it in their paws, perhaps they would be strong enough to ensure their future, no longer would they have to fear the loss of another loved one, no longer would they have to be wary to the possibility of another Hunter.

Yet, all would mean nothing if their partner loses their life in this fight. Perhaps it would be best if they keep this a secret, no one need to know. Perhaps they should go alone, after all one person would be enough for this, and when they return, all shall be well.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite wrote:Both Janus’s and Buster’s minds are filled with memories, of the dogs that almost killed Janus, of the wolf that killed Tara. Buster’s years of heartbreak, the Hunter, the start of the chain reaction that eventually led to both of those things was simple: they were weak back then. Of course, by each others’ side they’re stronger than ever.

“But how can either of them be certain that this would last?”, a sudden thought crept into their minds. An immense power, enough to threaten the world, laid within that forest. If they could hold it in their paws, perhaps they would be strong enough to ensure their future, no longer would they have to fear the loss of another loved one, no longer would they have to be wary to the possibility of another Hunter.

Yet, all would mean nothing if their partner loses their life in this fight. Perhaps it would be best if they keep this a secret, no one need to know. Perhaps they should go alone, after all one person would be enough for this, and when they return, all shall be well.
Meri was seeing visions of her cubs dying hungry and alone, because she was killed by a human. all humans were greedy, letting animals starve while they had more food than they needed. shooting them when they tried to take a little. her thoughts of revenge crept back. she wanted to go to the forest and destroy humanity... but there was a big obstacle in the dog she was fused with.

Janus was pained by the memories of his near death, the betrayal, his years sharing his body with the Hunter. But he was too good natured to give in to temptation. He'd spent years believing he was weak, being told so by the Hunter, but he knew if he gave up and risked the world for personal gain, he would be truly weak. He couldn't use this power for himself, or he wouldn't be the dog Buster loves.
---
but back at the wolfdog's house, the rabbit wasn't as righteous in his thoughts. In the past, He'd used people's fears and desires to manipulate them into giving him what he wants. and he knew all too well he was too weak to save Janus if he was ever in mortal peril that the power of love couldn't handle. and even if Tara had no regrets about sacrificing herself, he still hates that she had to. So this promise of power to ensure his and janus' future was too good to pass up. He'd have to not let Janus see him go there though. he'd never let him go... and neither would Hubert.
"Levi, I need to talk to you in the hall about family stuff," he said calmly, hoping the dragon spirit would ignore them for the more important issues going on.

Levi's thoughts weren't as power centric, but he was having thoughts he didn't usually have. "make yourself good enough for Alyse," "make yourself worthy of being Reg's new dad," "Ensure no kittens go through the trauma your litter did," "it's all in that forest. claim it, you can get right there through a portal."
he was shaken from his thoughts by Buster's request. "uh... sure thing." he followed the rabbit out of the room.
"I need to get to the forest fast, I think I know how to stop all this," the rabbit whispered. "we can get everyone out of danger, I just need a portal there."
"No can do," Levi replied. "I'm only safe traveling the spirit realm cause I have my mom's ghost to watch over me. Janus had Hubert's protection and Meri's already dead. and I'm gonna get that power myself."
Buster wasn't expecting that last statement, and he took too long to understand it before Levi was already dropping through the floor into a portal.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The shiba watches for a few seconds as the others run, then turns to the ghost cat. "Miles, ah'm not going to just stand aside. Y'all know better than to think ah will, however many times ah'm thrown around with your and Hubert's teleporting nonsense. Ah know y'all want me safe, but better me in the proverbial fire than someone who will end up hurt," she explains, keeping her ground behind him.
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Don't worry Duke, I got this. He thought to him.

Miles smiled at the shiba.

"Alright, but remember, unless Above or Hubert says otherwise, you have no powers and are very likely to get yourself killed," he said, "And we don't need any more ghosts around here, just be careful."

And a few feet away from where he started, Levi popped out of another portal.

Nice try kitty, now give me just a second. Miles thought to him.

You THINK you can corrupt a heavenly being? BOY are YOU cocky. Miles thought to the voice.

You want power? You want control? You want ultimate authority? I wonder, can you feel love? Feel THIS! Miles thought, and with that, he DROPPED the shield wall, only to form a grenade like object in his hand, similar to the cube, and threw it on the ground. Of course, when the wall dropped, a sphere formed around him and Rena.

The resulting explosion was intense! On a bomb scale, it was as if to father of all bombs went off at once, permeating the entire town and surrounding area! For most people, they felt really nothing at all. For the malignant spirits and their effects like the current fog demon, however, it should have the same effect as it's real weapon counterpart. They OUGHT to be vaporized by the explosion. Following this, Miles would eventually need to head to the forest and clear out the pool of mana, but there was more pressing priorities.

The explosion had another effect on entities. If anyone was feeling in distress, doubt, fear, hatred, or any other negative emotion, it was overwhelmed briefly by nothing but pure love. It didn't leave them in that state, it was more of a wave washing over them, then they were left to make up their own minds.

"Huby, she wants some powers so that she can help," he said, "Do be a dear and lend her some will you?"

And REALLY Levi? Your mom watches over you when you do that. You think SHE'D approve of what you intended to do? You think you could explain it to Reginald? Alyse? Your siblings? Do you really think they'd be happy with what you intended to do? He thought to the cat.

And really Buster? I thought you were a better soul than that. The two of you need each other to make the future better for yourselves. If you went out after that power, don't you think Janus would feel a little betrayed? You don't need power to make a better future for yourselves, just each other. That is all the power you need. Miles thought to the Rabbit.

And wow Meri, you went through a lot. Your a strong spirit, a guiding spirit. A mother knows best of course. But is MORE killing the answer? As much as we hate it, humans are a part of nature too. They all make mistakes. And what will all the pets do once their owners die? Some of them don't know how to take care of themselves. Others wouldn't survive. Some would be strong and live, but when they look to the spirit realm for guidance and they see a powerful bear spirit and ask for advice, what will they get? More violence? More killing? Is that really the kind of nightmare scenario you want your legacy to be? More motherless cubs because of food and partner competition? Is that really the best way? Miles thought to her.

The only reason Miles knew these thoughts were from his time spent in heaven. He hoped he could reach them before they made mistakes they'd regret.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray stops to see where Rena is and is frightened when he realises she's nowhere in sight.
He hesitates for a moment, torn between finding the dog and getting Lilly to safety.
"Oh... Shoot!" he exclaims, turning and running for the shop again, his mind made up by a brief and inexplicable surge of love and protectiveness for Lilly.
Lilly on the other hand winces, struck simultaneously by a fleeting but intense affection for the cat in whose arms she resides and a jolt of pain from her connection to Meri.

Bursting through the shop door, Ray skids up to the front counter.
"MRSCALLAHANIT'STHEAPOCALYPSEANDILOSTRENAITHINKSHEWENTTOFIGHTI'MSORRYBUTWENEEDTOGETTOYOURDOOMSDAYBUNKERBEFORETHECLOUDCOMES!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:And REALLY Levi? Your mom watches over you when you do that. You think SHE'D approve of what you intended to do? You think you could explain it to Reginald? Alyse? Your siblings? Do you really think they'd be happy with what you intended to do? He thought to the cat.
Levi was confused when he popped out of the portal back where he started, and more confused by the voice.
"I don't know who you are, and you can't tell me what to do." he opened another portal and jumped in.
"No, but I can," another spirit cat said to Levi. It was his mother's spirit. "I've been so proud watching you these past few days. Reg isn't the grandchild I expected, but you'll be a great father to him. and Alyse loves you. If you go through with this, she won't trust you anymore."
"yeah, I know you're right," the cat gave in. "I kinda needed the reassurance. and to get away from those thoughts. thanks."
-----
xhunterko wrote:And really Buster? I thought you were a better soul than that. The two of you need each other to make the future better for yourselves. If you went out after that power, don't you think Janus would feel a little betrayed? You don't need power to make a better future for yourselves, just each other. That is all the power you need. Miles thought to the Rabbit.
"you say that, but I've been with him less than a week and this is the second time I'm within inches of losing him forever," Buster said coldly. "and all I can do is watch and tell him I love him, and hope that's enough that he can overcome whatever's threatening him. And this is a pattern for me. I lost my best friend in Tara, lost my family and my connection with my emotions when they didn't believe I could see her ghost, I've come close to losing my boyfriend, and now I'm on the verge of losing my whole world. And this is a supernatural threat, we don't know what effects it'll have on any afterlife you got to enjoy. even having a god on our side we're powerless."
the rabbit was beginning to tear up. "I'm tired of being weak, I'm tired of waiting. and if Janus doesn't love me anymore so be it, at least he'll be alive. So if no one'll help me, I'm going down those stairs and walking to the forest."
"I won't let you," Tara said, floating in front of Buster.
---------------
xhunterko wrote:And wow Meri, you went through a lot. Your a strong spirit, a guiding spirit. A mother knows best of course. But is MORE killing the answer? As much as we hate it, humans are a part of nature too. They all make mistakes. And what will all the pets do once their owners die? Some of them don't know how to take care of themselves. Others wouldn't survive. Some would be strong and live, but when they look to the spirit realm for guidance and they see a powerful bear spirit and ask for advice, what will they get? More violence? More killing? Is that really the kind of nightmare scenario you want your legacy to be? More motherless cubs because of food and partner competition? Is that really the best way? Miles thought to her.
the bear didn't respond, as she was currently fighting with her fusion partner, as they were quickly approaching the forest.
"We can't use this power for ourselves. we don't know what it'll do. It's what we merged to fight against, it's probably going to destroy the world."
"Maybe the world needs to be destroyed, and reshaped to where animals and humans are equal. Humans are wasteful. They grow more food than they need, hunt what they don't eat, destroy forests for their extravagant homes. They think of us as nothing.
"and if we give in to this temptation, we may be nothing. This is a supernatural threat, we don't know what effects this'll have on any afterlife you may get to enjoy. You have your cubs, you can move on with them once we stop this threat."
"If we stop this threat."
"If we give in and use the power, you become the threat. Do you want to be the reason your cubs are gone forever?"
"... We need to make sure no one uses this power."
----------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:Bursting through the shop door, Ray skids up to the front counter.
"MRSCALLAHANIT'STHEAPOCALYPSEANDILOSTRENAITHINKSHEWENTTOFIGHTI'MSORRYBUTWENEEDTOGETTOYOURDOOMSDAYBUNKERBEFORETHECLOUDCOMES!"
"HOT DANG MY TIME HAS COME!" Nettie yells running towards a bookshelf. she pulled on one of the books and a trapdoor opened up revealing a set of stairs to a secret basement. "don't worry about Rena, she knows how to take care of herself in endtimes... wait, is this doomsday nuclear, robots, zombies, demons, or dolphins?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote: You THINK you can corrupt a heavenly being? BOY are YOU cocky. Miles thought to the voice.

You want power? You want control? You want ultimate authority? I wonder, can you feel love? Feel THIS! Miles thought, and with that, he DROPPED the shield wall, only to form a grenade like object in his hand, similar to the cube, and threw it on the ground. Of course, when the wall dropped, a sphere formed around him and Rena.

The resulting explosion was intense! On a bomb scale, it was as if to father of all bombs went off at once, permeating the entire town and surrounding area! For most people, they felt really nothing at all. For the malignant spirits and their effects like the current fog demon, however, it should have the same effect as it's real weapon counterpart. They OUGHT to be vaporized by the explosion. Following this, Miles would eventually need to head to the forest and clear out the pool of mana, but there was more pressing priorities.
A slow clap can be heard from behind Miles, just outside of his sphere
“I suppose that was a B- , for effort” the wolf’s voice was full of mockery, as she stood there like nothing from their last confrontation ever happened.
“anyway, you kids better run back to town if you want to live” she said, as a torrent of whispers echoed from the forest, and before their very eyes, a wall of crimson fog rose from the forest, rushing toward them, getting increasingly faster.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Levi was confused when he popped out of the portal back where he started, and more confused by the voice.
"I don't know who you are, and you can't tell me what to do." he opened another portal and jumped in.
"No, but I can," another spirit cat said to Levi. It was his mother's spirit. "I've been so proud watching you these past few days. Reg isn't the grandchild I expected, but you'll be a great father to him. and Alyse loves you. If you go through with this, she won't trust you anymore."
"yeah, I know you're right," the cat gave in. "I kinda needed the reassurance. and to get away from those thoughts. thanks."
A weak, distant voice echoed in Levi’s ears “Brave…..Hardship…..Worthy……Chose” it said, sounding like whoever it came from finally got their long awaited rest, then strange feeling washed over Levi, as if an invisible shroud had been lifted from his shoulders, and his mind no longer clouded by the tempting thoughts.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "you say that, but I've been with him less than a week and this is the second time I'm within inches of losing him forever," Buster said coldly. "and all I can do is watch and tell him I love him, and hope that's enough that he can overcome whatever's threatening him. And this is a pattern for me. I lost my best friend in Tara, lost my family and my connection with my emotions when they didn't believe I could see her ghost, I've come close to losing my boyfriend, and now I'm on the verge of losing my whole world. And this is a supernatural threat, we don't know what effects it'll have on any afterlife you got to enjoy. even having a god on our side we're powerless."
the rabbit was beginning to tear up. "I'm tired of being weak, I'm tired of waiting. and if Janus doesn't love me anymore so be it, at least he'll be alive. So if no one'll help me, I'm going down those stairs and walking to the forest."
"I won't let you," Tara said, floating in front of Buster.
A distant voice echoed in Buster’s ears “To claim the power of those who were forsaken, to carve a future for those within your heart, even if your path will echo of their rejection. You who have the want of a hunter, speak your acceptance, and the first step of your journey shall be yours” it said, each words filled with conviction and determination.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: the bear didn't respond, as she was currently fighting with her fusion partner, as they were quickly approaching the forest.
"We can't use this power for ourselves. we don't know what it'll do. It's what we merged to fight against, it's probably going to destroy the world."
"Maybe the world needs to be destroyed, and reshaped to where animals and humans are equal. Humans are wasteful. They grow more food than they need, hunt what they don't eat, destroy forests for their extravagant homes. They think of us as nothing.
"and if we give in to this temptation, we may be nothing. This is a supernatural threat, we don't know what effects this'll have on any afterlife you may get to enjoy. You have your cubs, you can move on with them once we stop this threat."
"If we stop this threat."
"If we give in and use the power, you become the threat. Do you want to be the reason your cubs are gone forever?"
"... We need to make sure no one uses this power."
“It was never about power, was it?” asked a white fox, appearing before the wolf-bear. Meri could probably recognize her as the fox who approached her at that farmer’s house
“It was never about revenge. It was your love for your children that bound you to this world. A life unjustly taken, broken futures withered without one to nurture them. Like us, you want to right this wrong, not for you, but for those young, innocent lives she said, approaching the wolf-bear. Her voice, as well as her eyes, were gentle, caring, with a hint of sadness, like from an old friend who spoke of a loss from their past, one that they have come to accept. Stopping a little further than an arm’s length from the wolf-bear, the vixen extended one of her arm, with her palm up toward them as she continued, now sounding more confident, the sadness now faded, making place for a hint of hope and determination, like a leader talking to her companion: “This is what we offer, not a haven of eternal bliss for those whose lives had ended, but a second chance here in this land of the living, with all the joy and hardship that makes life the miracle that it is. A world where your children never lost their mother, a world where everyone gets a chance to strive for their own future, you, your children, and many generations after them. To this end, we need all the help we can get. Will you help us?”
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Bursting through the shop door, Ray skids up to the front counter.
"HOT DANG MY TIME HAS COME!" Nettie yells running towards a bookshelf. she pulled on one of the books and a trapdoor opened up revealing a set of stairs to a secret basement. "don't worry about Rena, she knows how to take care of herself in endtimes... wait, is this doomsday nuclear, robots, zombies, demons, or dolphins?"
Duke ran in and shut the door behind him
“I don’t think this is a good time to ask question mam, we should make sure the fog, whatever it is, don’t get in here first”
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Duke ran in and shut the door behind him
“I don’t think this is a good time to ask question mam, we should make sure the fog, whatever it is, don’t get in here first”
"What?" Ray stops for a moment, startled out of his panic by the seemingly random question and is brought back to reality by Duke's common sense.
"Er, yeah, Duke's right. I'll tell you on the way down. Let's get in there!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters